EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Mod (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Mod
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oscar is the only mod in that forum!
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Gdeeda:
Oscar is the only mod in that forum!

a spammer wouldn't take the time to figure that out.

"Flooding" or "Man in the middle" type attacks was done by elmagnoon, and this is the exact approach he'd use.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dunno if one should encourage that crazy guy on the music thread and download those movies on a hard disc, some are quite tempting to have for those boring hot summer nights when there's nothing interesting on TV.
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG,Shanta....good that you aren't moderating the Egyptology section.Those dudes there are always tearing each other apart,and not always about who's the blackest of em'all! [Roll Eyes]

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=007365;p=1#000001

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=007368

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry folks, am having a hard job keeping up with the spammer in the Love & Marriage section if I delete 20, it is posting another 20 right now.

I am really busy for the next few days so apologies if it becomes overwhelming in there.

Unfortunately I do not have any capacity to ban people or mass delete. Each post has to be individually deleted.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
shanta someone needs to be in here who can ban, this is getting silly now, where is Amr and who the hell is Oscar anyway? Sammy and Neal buggered off years ago, we need a mod that has power to zap!

Don't apologize mate, you have enough on and you're in a really shitty situation on here.

Slap Amr ffs.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Amr can't ban either!
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great, then we're doomed to be buried in spam.

--------------------

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Samy still alive? [Confused]

".. Sammy and Neal buggered off years ago"
True,Ayisha

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
It's better to turn the board off completely than let comercial spammers take them for free.
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Sorry folks, I've deleted 60+ spam threads by disant in the Marriage section and I've about had it. Hopefully he she it will get bored and go away.
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Sorry folks, I've deleted 60+ spam threads by disant in the Marriage section and I've about had it. Hopefully he she it will get bored and go away.

That's not going to happen shanta, there are more and more every day now as they know it's unmoderated for the most part, there will be more and this board will be passed round to any other spammers as an easy target.

I think Amr made you mod? then he has more powers and whoever made him mod then he needs to get in touch with them and get them to do something, or appoint someone who can.

It's a shame to see this vanish into a spam nesting site after all these years but I can't be arsed to sift through anymore. [Frown]

edit, the little bastage is in there spamming away as we speak!

My the fleas of a thousand camels infest it's armpits and it's arms grow to short to scratch! [Mad]

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Amr didn't make me mod - Sammy did.
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Amr didn't make me mod - Sammy did.

yayy he's alive! Can't you shout at him a bit? [Confused]
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

I'm trying, I'm trying!
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
I sent a PM, I think we all need to send him a PM!!

--------------------

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Had a brainwave: see here:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=008372

Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ohhhhhhh have i missed summat ?
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

@Kalila megatons of spam - if you look in the Marriage section you will see!

Much much worse than ever before - posting every 3 minutes somewhere on ES - I think it must be one person using multiple computers or sharing the sign on with others - or even a bot of some sort don't ask me what!

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What happened to those Gucci and Armani folks we had before the conversion guys showed up ?? [Confused]

Wish they'd promote ball bearings again ?? Miss those tremendously. [Frown]

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

we're on pharmaceuticals now Dz - maybe disant the spammer is taking them he seems to be awake 24/7!
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Yeah! Have now deleted all mr disant's spams posted in love/marriage section dated 29th May (Egypt time for those in different zones who think I'm lying [Wink] )

And now, have deleted all his posts in that section right from when he started up to now.

Obviously he will be posting all night and tomorrow but i've done what I can for now!

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Does anyone know how to archive this thread off ES?

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=020222;p=1

It's the one with over 2000 posts in it as the revolution unfolded.

I ask because I will be away for a couple of days and if disant & co start posting their spam on this section of the forum it will be lost and it would be such a shame as it is 'living history'.

(note that the posts appear to have got jumbled up time wise with page 1 showing May 25th and the first post being someway into the thread - but never mind!)

Religion section is now killed off as are a number of other sections, and I think Love & Marriage is almost dead.

If they do hit this section, then I am outta here.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
they're swarming shanta, they're even in the 'mine is blacker' forums now.

I think it's abandon ship time, ES is foocked. [Frown]

--------------------

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

what do you think - all over to EM?
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
could do with livening up in there. There have been tons of what look like spammers trying to sign up but good thing about EM they have to be approved, so I've just zapped 2 pages worth [Big Grin]

--------------------

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Due to the overwhelming nature of the spam problem,
I will not be deleting anymore spam in the forums I mod.

This will be my last post on ES.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Expiration date for this forum is next February. Dunno what's gonna happen after that.

But I think I am gonna post still on here no matter what. Somehow I already feel like Captain Edward Smith holding on to the Titanic ship although I know it's sinking. [Wink]

I am a veteran poster and I feel it's my 'duty' to stay on board. Overall I had a good time on here. 7+ years of posting.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tigerlily_misr:
Expiration date for this forum is next February. Dunno what's gonna happen after that.

But I think I am gonna post still on here no matter what. Somehow I already feel like Captain Edward Smith holding on to the Titanic ship although I know it's sinking. [Wink]

I am a veteran poster and I feel it's my 'duty' to stay on board. Overall I had a good time on here. 7+ years of posting.

Duty? your duty over the last seven plus years is to go on and on about an elaborate fantasy that you just branch out.

No proof you ever lived in Egypt, I'd think over 3 years you would have some momento of some sort. No photos proving you've ever been in Egypt and now you are onto an extra two biological children and two adoptees that are total fantasy.

This is why I spend more time reading and posting on Egypt forums that are in Arabic.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not sure now remind me where does it say to be a member of this forum

you have to have photos of your visit to Egypt
you don't indulge in fantasy

ye gods and little fishes I reckon 99% would have to leave

OMG hurrah hurrah sono is spending more time on Arabic forums

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by metinoot:
quote:

Duty? your duty over the last seven plus years is to go on and on about an elaborate fantasy that you just branch out.
Your duty is to entertain us [Big Grin]

quote:
No proof you ever lived in Egypt, I'd think over 3 years you would have some momento of some sort. No photos proving you've ever been in Egypt and now you are onto an extra two biological children and two adoptees that are total fantasy.
not seen any pics of you in Egypt with or without your fantasy daughter you told on another forum you lost/got rid of.

quote:
This is why I spend more time reading and posting on Egypt forums that are in Arabic.
more fantasy, your jibberish is incomprehensible in English, must be hilarious in attempted pigeon Arabic run through Google translate. [Big Grin]

Your bitter displays of jealousy are entertaining though. [Wink]

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:
quote:

quote:
not seen any pics of you in Egypt with or without your fantasy daughter you told on another forum you lost/got rid of.

quote:
more fantasy, your jibberish is incomprehensible in English, must be hilarious in attempted pigeon Arabic run through Google translate. [Big Grin]

I am not going through and requoting all this.

My photos of me with my relatives in Egypt (including my daughter) were stolen from my email account then posted on ES against my wishes by you know who sometime in March of 2006.

Since that time I will never feel comfortable posting anything of a private nature. This doesn't seem to stop Anastasia, because in fact most of what she posts of a personal nature is fantasy.

What do I have to be jealous of? Seriously!

Why don't you and akshar go back to making moonshine to stay drunk she has fermenting in a suite bathroom that has been empty (rent free) since the revolution. (sarcasm)

Seriously I don't know how you or akshar have managed to afford getting drunk since your incomes have gone into a free fall.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:

I am not going through and requoting all this.
good

quote:
My photos of me with my relatives in Egypt (including my daughter) were stolen from my email account then posted on ES against my wishes by you know who sometime in March of 2006.
1 photoshopped pic of you the opposite end of the pic to your claimed daughter is not proof that was your daughter, nor that you were in Egypt.

quote:
Since that time I will never feel comfortable posting anything of a private nature. This doesn't seem to stop Anastasia, because in fact most of what she posts of a personal nature is fantasy.
if TL is posting fantasy then it's not personal is it, duh. And the women you stalk as TL is not TL but some latin American woman you have decided is her.

quote:
What do I have to be jealous of? Seriously!
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

quote:
Why don't you and akshar go back to making moonshine to stay drunk she has fermenting in a suite bathroom that has been empty (rent free) since the revolution. (sarcasm)
ROFL that's a new one, must ask Jane about the Moonshine [Big Grin]

quote:
Seriously I don't know how you or akshar have managed to afford getting drunk since your incomes have gone into a free fall.
I know, amazing isn't it, perhaps we're not doing as bad as you seem to think [Wink]
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course you don't know Sono, you would not know how to run a successful business. Your linkedin profile shows how how your career is the pits, a bit like your life.

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's so typical of you, sonomod. The ship is sinking and even then you are squabbling with the last members on here.

What a shame for you that ES is going down and you will have to find a new playground for your pitiful attacks since the ET moderator won't let you have your way on there - thanks god.

You are one stupid cow. Feel free to continue wasting your sh#tty life in Goonieland, goat girl hahahaaaaa!!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pot, meet kettle. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com