EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Cairo protests (Page 45)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 47 pages: 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47   
Author Topic: Cairo protests
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tareq:
What is next, Egypt?
Will life improve?
Where is Egypt?

That's FINALLY up to YOU, Tareq. Make Egypt what you want it to be.
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vwwvv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Posts: 1365 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, he took a hint then.

Really.... have people not ran out of links yet?

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tareq
Member # 18033

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tareq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have martial laws now.!!??
Posts: 277 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

You may have laws in general... [Smile]
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for vwwvv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
Oh, he took a hint then.

I am sick and tired of seeing the bs that you post it's all over ES, to me you are one of the most self-absorbed persons on ES, but, I don't go around ES saying how much your posts and your person annoys me. Also I see that other peoples' links do not 'annoy' you - just mine - well guess what because you are such a shitty character I am going to post links much more often than I do, only because you get on my nerves.
Posts: 1365 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what did I miss?

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:

You may have laws in general... [Smile]
You have been under martial law since 1981. Work on getting rid of it!
Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post 
Where's our illustrious member of the Cocktail Party - surely he hasn't missed it?

(Sorry couldn't resist)

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

No, but now instead of sitting around blaming the government for this and that, you have the opportunity to get off your butt and make your own better future.

Unless you're the type who likes to sit around and complain, talking about when it was so much better under baba Mubarak when you could just blame the government and not take any responsibility for bettering your country.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dilemma
Member # 16672

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dilemma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with you Ayisha [Confused]
Posts: 133 | From: egypt/usa | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

quote:
Originally posted by vwwvv:
quote:
Oh, he took a hint then.

I am sick and tired of seeing the bs that you post it's all over ES, to me you are one of the most self-absorbed persons on ES, but, I don't go around ES saying how much your posts and your person annoys me. Also I see that other peoples' links do not 'annoy' you - just mine - well guess what because you are such a shitty character I am going to post links much more often than I do, only because you get on my nerves.
I guess now that we can freely be rude to each other, for the record, your posts annoy me and you get on my nerves.
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Oh, he took a hint then.

another of your non copy pastes in perfect English when you claim you copy paste as your English is not good, yet every single time you don't copy paste your English is perfect yet it's always to be shitty to someone. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vwwvv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
‘Peaceful, Peaceful’
by Lew Rockwell

That is the chant of the non-violent Egyptian resistance, as its members march on the Mubarak presidential palace, guarded by scared-looking young soldiers behind razor wire. The US media and State keep calling for the army to take over to prevent “chaos,” i.e., freedom. Yet what a model for all the world’s oppressed peoples these resisters are. They are showing us, once again, that non-violence can overcome the State and its armies and secret police, whereas returning violence for violence ends in massacre. Threats, torture, murder, beating, caging, these are the tools of the State. We, the opponents of the State, cannot possibly beat it at its own game, nor should we try. But with non-violence, we have a chance. Conscripted soldiers, break your weapons and go home to your families. Those you love need your hands and your brains, not your bullets.

Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Egyptians, you taught the world an incredible lesson -- peaceful protest can, indeed, change the world.

Blessings for moving forward - may the earnestness, pride and grace of the past few weeks continue and carry you forward.

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tareq
Member # 18033

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tareq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will go pray al eisha prayer in the mosque then I will think what to do.
Posts: 277 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a coincidence ! King Farouk's birthday. [Razz]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

quote:
I will go pray al eisha prayer in the mosque then I will think what to do.

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Hug your fellow egyptians for me.

vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ayisha:
[QB] [QUOTE]Originally posted by vwwvv:
[qb]

You couldn't resist eh? I knew you couldn't.

* I didn't even read the crap that you wrote.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
45 pages of reading C&P... people finally get an opinion.

Finally! Sweet knowing I annoy people [Big Grin] Now you know how I feel everytime I click on a thread and just see links!

I read marital instead of martial... Two words not to be confused really!

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

@Tareq Join a party [Smile]
Get into the boring nuts of bolts of 'the general committee' 'points of order mr chairman' 'this meeting is inquorate' etc etc.

Don't ask me how I know [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pink cherry
Member # 13979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pink cherry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GOOD LUCK EGYPT.......times may get hard as you sort it out....hang on in there....... [Wink]
Posts: 643 | From: Over there | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Qadeama:
hope they replay the speech now! Darn it to heck - darn you CF for saying I had time to slip into a coma [Wink]

here is it, Shanta
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDyD2-42G6k&feature=player_embedded

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Does this mean the curfew is dropped?
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
quote:
hope they replay the speech now! Darn it to heck - darn you CF for saying I had time to slip into a coma [Wink]

here is it, Shanta
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDyD2-42G6k&feature=player_embedded

I didn't Twitter it and therefore it clearly wasn't true [Smile]

Camerons speech was so brief I missed it while popping for a pee!

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
I have to say what a cowardly leap, OR this isn't REAL.

WHY would he say last night he's not going then leave the country and leave Suleiman to tell everyone, has he REALLY stepped down or are they just saying that?

Was his tv and laptop in Sharm and he's only just seen what's really been happening?

Has Suleiman done him in and said he left?

Personally I think he left the country a while back.

--------------------

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Just to get up everyone's nose?
Maybe the botox he had obviously had done yesterday kept him up a bit longer!

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Oi, what are you currently-in-Egypt lot still doing behind your laptops? The Lebanese have already set out the fireworks in Beirut and are doing their bit starting the party. Yalla!
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I have friends who theorise that Mubarak stepped down today as it is a memorable date!!!

I did question why last night he stated he would be staying and then stepped down the next day...

I can confirm that 2 choppers left Almazaa this morning, (as I posted few pgs back) as a friend of mine said they skimmed his roof! (We assumed Suzanne was going to the hairdressers as they didn't arrive in Tahrir).

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Exp, I don't think news has reached Luxor, cannot hear any celebrating or anything! Weird bloody lot here!

--------------------

LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lol, too much gunfire for me to really want to venture out. Plus the horns honking are loud enough inside my apartment, thankyouverymuch!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Ayisha, is there a time difference [Wink] Maybe you will find out in one hr... (joshin)

LO... I hope they don't celebrate for 18 days too lol...

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope the Swiss gov. will freeze the loot those scumbags have smuggled out, we need to reclaim that dough ASAP. [Mad]

We'll be facing years of reconstuction and God knows what'll happen to our economy. [Confused]

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Just said on AJE Swiss are freezing the accounts.

Yes, it won't be easy - I figure you will go through something like what the UK went through in the Thatcher Years, transforming the place painfully and probably in hindsight necessarily.

(Totally NOT a Thatcher fan btw but that's another story).

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Ayisha, is there a time difference [Wink] Maybe you will find out in one hr... (joshin)

LO... I hope they don't celebrate for 18 days too lol...

Oh bugger, time difference is about 10 years [Frown]
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

I thought they were glued to the tv screens in the coffee shops down your way Ayisha?
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lets all go back to visit Egypt again!!!!!
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
I thought they were glued to the tv screens in the coffee shops down your way Ayisha?

yes they have been BUT you have to bear in mind they believed all the lies and just wanted things back to normal and tourists coming back. Most have no idea what a historic moment this is and are convinced that chaos will start now he's gone, just like he said. Very much like nevermind and her hubby mentality. Odd few were with it and vast majority agreed they wanted him gone but were concerned about their living today rather than their futures.

Think I will go out, see what I can find on the streets.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
Lets all go back to visit Egypt again!!!!!

yessssss come to Luxor!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
quote:

Finally! Sweet knowing I annoy people [Big Grin] Now you know how I feel everytime I click on a thread and just see links!

What a COWARD you are!! You pick up on me only because you know I am disliked in this forum because of my views about Islam. Your "friends" often post long boring articles - but no rude comments there. I go out of my way to make it SHORT so that people like YOU can easily SKIP them, and you pick up on me out of all posters..COWARD is all I can say.
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Yes, Ayisha. The makwa carefully explained to me a few days ago that the people hated the government but HM was a very good man. He's from a village up in the Delta guess it's similar.

(He can't read btw (Arabic) I tested him out a couple of times with a pizza menu and a bottle of furniture oil.)

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
http://www.ismubarakstillpresident.com/

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
Facebook Nation, Facebook World
http://www.lewrockwell.com/holland/holland40.1.html

Ron Holland on freedom in Egypt, and how it will spread.

The growing role of social media and the Internet in freedom politics.

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Obama speaking in around an hour.
Has been told 'hands off our revolution don't hijack it now' apparently.

LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
http://www.ismubarakstillpresident.com/

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

LOL having a good laugh on that one. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

What a COWARD you are!! You pick up on me only because you know I am disliked in this forum because of my views about Islam. Your "friends" often post long boring articles - but no rude comments there. I go out of my way to make it SHORT so that people like YOU can easily SKIP them, and you pick up on me out of all posters..COWARD is all I can say.
Actually my feelings towards people lacking their own opinions has been quite generic for three years but you seem to think in an egotistical manner that I am referring to you.

I don't care if you are liked or not ( I really don't spend all day here scouring everyone's words!!!) but if you feel so disliked by others then perhaps you should Google 'how to make friends and influence people' as opposed to throwing your toys out the pram like a child and hissy fitting at me.

Coward... yeah right! Said the one whining about being picked on! SASH... cue the rolly eyes!

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
DeNile flows through Menoufeya.

You'd be surprised how many second generation Cairnes have grandparents in Menoufia. [Wink]
Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:
What a coincidence ! King Farouk's birthday. [Razz]

The bloodless coup.

My ex after two weeks tentatively trying to curb my enthusiasm is happy Hosni is stepping down.

His main concern was that no more bloodshed and no more torturing of protesters. Now he can relax and enjoy the peace.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dilemma
Member # 16672

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dilemma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to Egypt.
Posts: 133 | From: egypt/usa | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
"Actually my feelings towards people lacking their own opinions has been quite generic for three years but you seem to think in an egotistical manner that I am referring to you."

Who are you referring to here?
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=14;t=003321

If you don't like what I post simply ignore me! Why bother click on my thread solely to make a snide remark? Does it make you feel 'witty' to put other people down? Apparently.

"I don't care if you are liked or not ( I really don't spend all day here scouring everyone's words!!!) but if you feel so disliked by others then perhaps you should Google 'how to make friends"

I am not interested in making "virtual" friends. I consider every polite poster in this forum a friend.

I have learned that it doesn't matter how politely you express yourself, some people just can't tolerate criticism of their religion. It's like you can't win. Btw, most of my posts criticize Militant and Political Islam. But anyway, it's not what Muslims believe that is bothering me, it is the intolerance of some posters here that I find disturbing, their personal attacks and bigotry. It is YOUR rudeness that now drives me to post more. I give you a promise, I'll do my best to increase my copy and paste inshallah.

One more thing. This forum is not only for "chit-chating" and gossiping. You find my posts "boring", but this forum is also for voicing opinions and exchanging views in a civilized manner, tell me, what makes you think that everyone here is interested in your new ipod or other silly details of your life? What is boring to you may be interesting to someone else. Surely no one is forcing you to click on my links and read them?

This topic comprises 47 pages: 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com