EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Egyptian men (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Egyptian men
rivergirl2
Member # 2927

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rivergirl2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just want to know more about the egyptian men.........I hear the good and i hear the bad.......I have heard some of them are players and some of them are not....How do I know if i am getting played?
Posts: 6 | From: Quincy, IL United States | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apply the same rules as you would to any other race. Egyptian men are no different from any other men, there are good and bad.

------------------
UK Co-owner of www.toursinluxor.co.uk Accommodation and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

Akshar is right indeed, but you could also try this, and it applies to ALL men:

Ask him to give you ALL his email passwords!!!!!!!

Be ready to do the same....Everything in the open. If his emails are in arabic LET HIM KNOW YOU WANT to have THEM TRANSLATED.

If there is nothing to hide he will AGREE. How will you find out if he has given you ALL, that's another story. Maybe some members could come up with bright ideas?
;-)

Good luck!

Monica

quote:
Originally posted by rivergirl2:
I just want to know more about the egyptian men.........I hear the good and i hear the bad.......I have heard some of them are players and some of them are not....How do I know if i am getting played?

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 20 October 2003).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamilah
Member # 2957

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jamilah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Monica:
Hello,

Akshar is right indeed, but you could also try this, and it applies to ALL men:

Be ready to do the same....Everything in the open. If his emails are in arabic LET HIM KNOW YOU WANT to have THEM TRANSLATED.

If there is nothing to hide he will AGREE. How will you find out if he has given you ALL, that's another story. Maybe some members could come up with bright ideas?
;-)

Good luck!

Monica

Monica,
this is too much, too pushing moreover if they know each other just 2 hours.

Rivergirl,
You will understand anyway whether he plays with you or not just try not to fall in love too deeply, try to keep fresh brains.
I support Akshar. The thing is the more girls they have the more skilled in playing with girls they are.

Posts: 247 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaliyah
Member # 2861

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aaliyah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Would you give all your passwords to your man? I don't know whether I would...

Posts: 164 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry double posting.....

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
WHY NOT? if there's nothing to hide.

These are my personal standards: no hanky panky on the side, or online, no games, no fooling around and it goes both ways.

I appreciate the clear, open, straight, honest relationship. I don't go for any double standards, I am an educated intelligent woman, and I have my high standards on relationships. If my man doesn't like it although I will treat him as an equal, then : tashakorate affandem, meaning: Thanks but no thanks, GOODBYE, asta la vista baby!

But again, these are My standards!

I meant all this in case the relationship is a long term one not after 2 hours.
Salam

Monica

quote:
Originally posted by Aaliyah:

rivergirl2
Member # 2927

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rivergirl2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aaliyah:

Yes he has all my passwords and i have all of his....I have known him longer that 2 hours....Its more like 3 months....He is very sweet to me but i seen something in his offline messages i dont think i ever should have seen....We spend most of the evening talking online and now that i have confronted him about the situtation and told him i never wanted to talk to him or see him... he beggedn me and it took me 2 days to talk to him....i am still not over it but i think i am beign played and i am getting hurt over it....

Posts: 6 | From: Quincy, IL United States | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aischa
Member # 2661

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for aischa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi rivergirl,
try to go in touch with me again....Lets talk about, but nor at this forum!
with all my love from aischa

quote:
Yes he has all my passwords and i have all of his....I have known him longer that 2 hours....Its more like 3 months....He is very sweet to me but i seen something in his offline messages i dont think i ever should have seen....We spend most of the evening talking online and now that i have confronted him about the situtation and told him i never wanted to talk to him or see him... he beggedn me and it took me 2 days to talk to him....i am still not over it but i think i am beign played and i am getting hurt over it....

Posts: 143 | From: Germany/Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivergirl2
Member # 2927

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by aischa:
Hi rivergirl,
try to go in touch with me again....Lets talk about, but nor at this forum!
with all my love from aischa

Hi Aischa....I would like to talk to you more about this...You can email me at rivergirl2@sbcglobal.net.......I hope to hear from you soon

nls150
Member # 3099

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nls150     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I am an Egyption man and lived in USA for more than 16 years, I can help you more if you are specific about the what you really looking for. there are players and serious people every where you go not just Egyption regarding the last question you have in you message, it's easy to find out.
Please let me know if you need more help, takecare

Posts: 4 | From: San Diego, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aischa
Member # 2661

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for aischa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Rivergirl,
I tried to answer your request - but your e-mail-address does not work?!?
aischa
quote:
Hi Aischa....I would like to talk to you more about this...You can email me at rivergirl2@sbcglobal.net.......I hope to hear from you soon

Posts: 143 | From: Germany/Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maadi_guy
Member # 3075

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maadi_guy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nls150:
I am an Egyption man and lived in USA for more than 16 years, I can help you more if you are specific about the what you really looking for. there are players and serious people every where you go not just Egyption regarding the last question you have in you message, it's easy to find out.
Please let me know if you need more help, takecare

I accept with u but in geral u can't know if someone is a player or serious at two hours, u've to give yourself enough time to know him will and to know also your feelings toward him.. may be u r the one who play..
believe me take your time to know what do you want and what does he want? and don't be easy gone. your talking about real relation not only short time of fun. let him feel that.

Posts: 87 | From: Maadi, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maadi_guy
Member # 3075

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maadi_guy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
men all over the world are two types; player or serious. Egyptian men are like other men all over the world. and I think you can know if the man you know is player or not by treating him through the time..
but believe me mostof Egyptian men are serious and they don't like playing with girls..
for example many of Egyptian guys don't make any deep relation with girls whom the don't have a real relation with them..
just take care of yourself and don't believe anyone, just take your time to know the person you treat with.. and I'm here whenever you interest to know anything or feel yourself want to take an opinion of an Egyptian man..

Posts: 87 | From: Maadi, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nls150
Member # 3099

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nls150     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi rivergirl2,

It's not easy to know if Egyptian guy is a player or serious. I will tell you something about the girls I dated here in USA, so many of them were player, looking for just to have fun, but when you try to be serious with them. they ran away. So, believe me, not just guys or girls Egyptian or not. All the same all you have to do is to take your time and be serious about. Good luck

quote:

Posts: 4 | From: San Diego, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady_Fox
Member # 3191

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Lady_Fox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi, nls150,

How come no girls like to be serious in USA?
I hope to find a serious guy...=.=

Fox

Posts: 47 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atef
Member # 2963

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for atef     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
U HAVE NOT SEEN ME YET?
Posts: 24 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confused
Member # 2797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for confused     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the most men you meet in turistic places will lead you on
trust me

Posts: 21 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tiramisu
Member # 3262

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for tiramisu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just met an Egyptian men recently and I have no idea what goes on in his mind. I wish to know more about Egyptian men. Can I get some more advice from any of the Egyptian men here?

Thanks, my email address is:
tiramisuplace@yahoo.com

quote:
Originally posted by nls150:
Hi rivergirl2,

It's not easy to know if Egyptian guy is a player or serious. I will tell you something about the girls I dated here in USA, so many of them were player, looking for just to have fun, but when you try to be serious with them. they ran away. So, believe me, not just guys or girls Egyptian or not. All the same all you have to do is to take your time and be serious about. Good luck

Posts: 8 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Tiramisu,

You are in for a feast of emails!

Best regards,

Monica

quote:
Originally posted by tiramisu:
I just met an Egyptian men recently and I have no idea what goes on in his mind. I wish to know more about Egyptian men. Can I get some more advice from any of the Egyptian men here?

Thanks, my email address is:
tiramisuplace@yahoo.com

DiscoverEgypt
Member # 3212

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DiscoverEgypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tiramisu / Monica

I too have recently met someone and really think he is genuine,well I did until I read this bulletin board. I met mine on holiday with my boyfriend, although our relationship was all but over and is now as he has gone off travelling for a year. He was the tour leader, one day we were out as a group one day and he had an accident and had to be taken to hospital, to have stitches. Anyway we became really good friends over the last week I was there, as I went with him for all trips to hospital to have bandages changed and stitches removed etc
We spoke a lot about our families, relationships etc but he never made a play for me we just became good friends. We swapped numbers and I text him to let him know I got home safe and sound. That was 6 weeks ago and we've basically text each other every day since and had a few phone calls, and now I'm going out to visit and stay with him in Luxor.

I guess now I'm just feeling a bit nervous as I've never done anything like this before I don't know anyone else out there, however I do believe I am a good judge of character and truly believe he's a sincere and decent guy, just reading this has made me nervous. I know you can't tell me what the guy is really like, but so many of you seem to have so many stories or knowledge of these situations, I'd really appreciate your opinions and knowledge/experiences.

Thanks in advance

[This message has been edited by DiscoverEgypt (edited 15 December 2003).]

Posts: 11 | From: London, UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello there!

I really hope you discover Egypt and all its beauty and magic

Your 'friend' may be absolutely different from all the ones described on this board, and after all, who are we to judge someone we don't know? It would'nt be fair to both of you.

BUT.....

Be very careful. And remember the following:

Decent Egyptian men don't ask women to 'stay' with them, they don't ask for money or gifts, and they don't make up stories of misery.

If he even 'hints' around these subjects: RUN!!!!

Seriously, I hope you are staying in a hotel on your own!

Most importantly: DISCOVER EGYPT...for real!

Best of luck, and have a super but 'lucid' time!

Monica

quote:
Originally posted by DiscoverEgypt:
Hi Tiramisu / Monica

I too have recently met someone and really think he is genuine,well I did until I read this bulletin board. I met mine on holiday with my boyfriend, although our relationship was all but over and is now as he has gone off travelling for a year. He was the tour leader, one day we were out as a group one day and he had an accident and had to be taken to hospital, to have stitches. Anyway we became really good friends over the last week I was there, as I went with him for all trips to hospital to have bandages changed and stitches removed etc
We spoke a lot about our families, relationships etc but he never made a play for me we just became good friends. We swapped numbers and I text him to let him know I got home safe and sound. That was 6 weeks ago and we've basically text each other every day since and had a few phone calls, and now I'm going out to visit and stay with him in Luxor.

I guess now I'm just feeling a bit nervous as I've never done anything like this before I don't know anyone else out there, however I do believe I am a good judge of character and truly believe he's a sincere and decent guy, just reading this has made me nervous. I know you can't tell me what the guy is really like, but so many of you seem to have so many stories or knowledge of these situations, I'd really appreciate your opinions and knowledge/experiences.

Thanks in advance

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 15 December 2003).]

DiscoverEgypt
Member # 3212

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for DiscoverEgypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi Monica

Thanks for the advice, I use the name Discovery Egypt as we did this whole three week tour, all the way from Cairo, Aswan, Abu Simbel to Dahab etc. I was going to stay in a hotel as I've already been to Luxor before, and can use the hotel I stayed at before, as he has his own house but it's being renovated, so currently still lives with his mum, however he said if the house is finished I can stay with him. He's very westernised as has lived in Belguim for quite some time, as he was with a Belgium girl for five years. I really appreciate the advice though. There's no way I would go over there if a) I hadn't already met him and b) been there before, so hopefully it should be OK

quote:
Hello there!

I really hope you discover Egypt and all its beauty and magic

Your 'friend' may be absolutely different from all the ones described on this board, and after all, who are we to judge someone we don't know? It would'nt be fair to both of you.

BUT.....

Be very careful. And remember the following:

Decent Egyptian men don't ask women to 'stay' with them, they don't ask for money or gifts, and they don't make up stories of misery.

If he even 'hints' around these subjects: RUN!!!!

Seriously, I hope you are staying in a hotel on your own!

Most importantly: DISCOVER EGYPT...for real!

Best of luck, and have a super but 'lucid' time!

Monica

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 15 December 2003).]

Posts: 11 | From: London, UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I wish you the best of luck. You never know what may happen and you could be one of the positive stories. Keep you head screwed on and using the information on this board and other boards to be as informed as possible and to anticipate any potential problems. At the end of the day statiscally some of these stories have to turn out alright and why shouldn't yours be one of them. Mine was.

quote:
Originally posted by DiscoverEgypt:
hi Monica

Thanks for the advice, I use the name Discovery Egypt as we did this whole three week tour, all the way from Cairo, Aswan, Abu Simbel to Dahab etc. I was going to stay in a hotel as I've already been to Luxor before, and can use the hotel I stayed at before, as he has his own house but it's being renovated, so currently still lives with his mum, however he said if the house is finished I can stay with him. He's very westernised as has lived in Belguim for quite some time, as he was with a Belgium girl for five years. I really appreciate the advice though. There's no way I would go over there if a) I hadn't already met him and b) been there before, so hopefully it should be OK

------------------

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DiscoverEgypt
Member # 3212

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DiscoverEgypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Akshar

Thanks for this, it's always nice to hear a positive story. I don't believe you can tar a whole nation with the same brush, if you could I truely believe the guys in London and Uk would not come out well either. I am keeping my head screwed on with this one, and seeing this bulletin board has definitely prepared me somewhat more. I found all Egyptian people to be extremely friendly and was very surprised to find they had the same sense dry sense of humour as us, not at all like I was lead to believe in the guidebooks. I'm not saying anything will happen with this guy, regardless I have a new but very nice friend, in a new country, which I must admit along with thousands of others I fell in love with, it's beautiful. Which is another reason I'm going back - not just for him

Who knows though - maybe like you I'll be one of the lucky ones .... maybe.

I will keep checking the board, and let you know how it goes when I get back

Thanks again

quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
Well I wish you the best of luck. You never know what may happen and you could be one of the positive stories. Keep you head screwed on and using the information on this board and other boards to be as informed as possible and to anticipate any potential problems. At the end of the day statiscally some of these stories have to turn out alright and why shouldn't yours be one of them. Mine was.

chrys
Member # 2872

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chrys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi DiscoverEgypt.

Something similar to what happened to you happened to me earlier on this year. Would you like us to talk about it by email? I can tell you about my own experience but I prefer to talk about it by email. It looks like you live in the UK (London?). You can contact me at chrysegypt@yahoo.co.uk

Posts: 18 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only advice I want to add here is, Under NO circumstances go to his own house with him unescorted. This is not because anything that you can't handle will happen inside that house, but because your chances of remaining his friend are much greater if you don't. He may give you the rap about how westernized and "different" he is, but at the end of the day he is a Luxor boy, and nothing but GOOD will come of your trip if you stay at the hotel and only go with him to his mothers house.... BAD can come if you allow yourself to be taken to his house alone. If he really wants you to see it for some reason, just suggest that his mother or sister accompany you when you go. He won't think less of you for suggesting this, I promise.

I don't know what hotel you are staying in, but unless the rate is low, check with me about what rate I can get you at the St. Josephs with the Cairo Hashers. I need to know your dates of travel though. OR... you could stay at Jane's place and that way you'd have someone looking out for you who you can talk to about this if you need.

------------------
www.casualcairodetours.pyramids.net for customized excursions in Cairo and beyond
Dds71@aol.com

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DiscoverEgypt
Member # 3212

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for DiscoverEgypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Thanks for that Debbie - I have decided that I will book into a hotel, I will speak with him to find out the best area, as I looked up Akshar (Jane's) place from her link, and noticed it's on the West Bank, I think he lives on the East Bank, which is where I stayed before at Hotel Philippe, but any recommendations are gratefully accepted. I'll speak with him and get back to you with possible locations etc. I'm flying out 28th Jan - 4th Feb.

Jane I was hoping that perhaps I could speak with you - as you're a fellow English woman based in Luxor - so just in case there is a problem (not that I expect there to be - but it's always good to have a back up plan) so that I could contact you if need be.
I also wouldn't mind speaking to you just to get an idea of what is accepted and what's not. As when I was in Luxor previously I was with my tour group and they were all Western guys, so obviously this time it will be quite a bit different for me as now I'll be a single western girl with an Egptian guy even thought we're only friends - there's not a huge age difference I'm 28 he's 30, but there is the obvious culture difference, I'd like to know what to expect when I go over there so I can be prepared.

Thanks in to all for helpful advice - and Jane hopefully hear from you soon : )

quote:
Originally posted by Debbie:
I don't know what hotel you are staying in, but unless the rate is low, check with me about what rate I can get you at the St. Josephs with the Cairo Hashers. I need to know your dates of travel though. OR... you could stay at Jane's place and that way you'd have someone looking out for you who you can talk to about this if you need.

[This message has been edited by DiscoverEgypt (edited 17 December 2003).]

akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Although we are West Bank we are only 10 mins from the ferry so if you can't get a reasonable hotel don't dismiss us totally.

Of course I would be delighted to assist and be part of your backup plan. Please email me jane@flatsinluxor.co.uk

------------------

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The rate I can get you at the St. Joseph's during that time frame is $18 per night for a single. That is all inclusive and includes breakfast (including real pork bacon - YUM! I think it's one of the only places in Egypt serving pork products)

Let me know if you like this deal.

Sounds like you are handling this smart. Congrats!

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DiscoverEgypt
Member # 3212

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for DiscoverEgypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Debbie and Jane really appreciate you help - it was a small God send finding this site : )

Jane I'll definitely mail you and find out more about what's acceptable, customs etc. I'll also bear in mind your flats as they do look rather nice.

Debbie - thanks for this rate sounds good, I'll find out more about where my friend lives and get back to you asap
Thanks for the comment too - Thought I'd try and keep my head and wits about me, but at the same time still enjoy the experience : )

Thanks again ladies - you're help is much appreciated.

quote:

Sounds like you are handling this smart. Congrats![/B]

[This message has been edited by DiscoverEgypt (edited 17 December 2003).]

nicky.b
Member # 3289

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nicky.b     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by nicky.b (edited 28 February 2004).]

[This message has been edited by nicky.b (edited 28 February 2004).]

Posts: 2 | From: France | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nicky.b:
Hello Debby,

Why do you say it's better not to go alone with that guy to his house,what can be the problem.I don't understand it.
But i can need your advice.i met an egyptian boy three months again.he always asks me to come back.Normally i go to egypt again in january.He told me to buy just a flight ticket and that i can stay with him.I found it a good idea but if i read your story i can better not do that and look for a hotel room.I'm a bit confused and i don't know what i have to think about my friend and all this.

Dear Nicky,

What can I say? Egypt isn't the west. I don't know where you are from, but Egypt is a different world, and while these boys you meet in the tourist resorts like to think of themselves as very westernized and of course they enjoy sleeping with all the girls that they can (as do western boys.... and girls... let's not just blame the boys.... western men/women/boys/girls find it common place to sleep around and don't think much of it). Anyway folks, I'm not playing judge and jury here.... do as you please, but Nicky, you need to beware of the implications if you do this. First, I don't know where your friend lives, that might make some difference, but regardless, Egyptians, IN GENERAL, I mean, EVEN the Highest class Egyptians, IN GENERAL don't mess around with anyone they really care about without being married to them. I don't know if you like this guy in a way that you'd be hurt if he never talked to you again after you left or if he only ever considered you good for "one thing", but if so, stay in a hotel. 100% sure, he isn't going to loose interest in you if you don't stay with him, IF he is interested in you now.
I didn't mean to indicate that there is a great danger if you stay with him, although it's slightly possible that something bad could happen.....not so much with him, but with lowlifes in the neighborhood that see you as a slut, living with this boy without being married, and assume you'd bonk anyone that comes to the door.... this isn't necessarily going to happen, but it's a possibility.
It's just so hard to explain to someone that hasn't spent much time in the culture here. Egypt is a country of contradictions, but in general, girls that travel alone are looked down on, and more than that, if you will stay with a man without being married to him, that is pretty much the stuff all gossip in Egypt is started from. You can probably count on being the topic of conversation among the neighborhood if you do take him up on his invitation.
What's worse, is that it's totally possible that if you don't know him really well, he might be married on top of it. I'm not saying this is the case with your guy, but it's possible.
There is one guy from Tanta that was talking to me this morning on Yahoo asking what I paid for my flat because his girlfriend is coming to Egypt and he wants to rent a flat for one month to stay with her. I really read him the riot act for being such a sleeze bag. I mean he wanted to rent a flat for only $200 for only one month. Any flat he could get short term for only $200 would be such a flea bag, the woman would have to be NUTS to stay there. YUK.
Anyway, I rambled and rambled about this. So much with your guy depends on where he lives and how well you know him, but in general again, I wouldn't encourage you to stay with ANY man in Egypt at his flat unless it is where his whole family lives and his mother and sisters are there as well. If they are there, then nothing would be going on between the two of you, and if anyone in the neighborhood suggested there was, his mother would fix that gossip very fast!

Monica, Laura, Nefertiti.... girls, come on and give her your side of this subject. What do you think?

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Debbie,

Your advice is excellent, and truly reflecting your familiarity with the Egyptian mentality towards relationships within the past 10, 15 years. It was totally different during the Sadate era, by the way; and also different during the Nasser regime.

Mostly, the Egyptian mentality changes depending on CLASS, EDUCATION, POLITICAL REGIME and Geographics (Western influence through colonialization was stronger in some areas like Alexandria for example); and that would explain the contradictions in behaviour among the Egyptian people in general. Demographical changes within the past 20 years also have a great impact. Millions immigrated from their villages and brought their village traditions to the big cities.

Best regards always,

Monica

quote:

Monica, Laura, Nefertiti.... girls, come on and give her your side of this subject. What do you think?

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 21 December 2003).]

neighbour of jack
Member # 2965

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for neighbour of jack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have lived in luxor for a few years if you need to contact me.

My moto is DONT TRUST ANYBODY BUT YOURSELF.

Posts: 35 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by neighbour of jack:
I have lived in luxor for a few years if you need to contact me.

My moto is DONT TRUST ANYBODY BUT YOURSELF.

NOJ- Being a female and living in Luxor, I bet you can give us some more insight into the mentality of the Luxor Egyptians regarding foreign women and their relationships with Egyptian men. Surely you have some good stories to tell? Why not help and enlighten Nickyb? Hearing it from you will have more impact than my saying that I heard this or that from my Luxor friends.

neighbour of jack
Member # 2965

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for neighbour of jack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From my point of view about 1% or less of foriegn and egyptian relationships work. I see alot of women that come here to meet their "Husbands" every couple of months and stay for one or two weeks. I go to the airport on a wednesday to wait for 2 aeroplanes from UK. All the young men arrive to say goodbye to their loved ones as they get ready to board the aircraft then they are straight over to arrivals to wait on the next lot coming in.

[This message has been edited by neighbour of jack (edited 02 January 2004).]

Posts: 35 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redsea
Member # 3150

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for redsea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
x

[This message has been edited by redsea (edited 01 January 2004).]

Posts: 88 | From: egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aruba
Member # 3307

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aruba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey you that have lived in Luxor for long....then you must know a story that I have heard about a foreign woman that ended up on prison with her friends...?

Posts: 52 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aruba
Member # 3307

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aruba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry this woman were foreigner and her friends Egyptians from Luxor
Posts: 52 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
devilsdancer
Member # 3387

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for devilsdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there,,,,In response to monicas answer about the e-mail passwords i have a solution for u or anybody else out there wanting to know what partners, friends & associates are up to,,,Its up to u how ethical this method is but i used it for sure. My husband is a software engineer & has created a programme called the Rat Catcher,,it includes,,,
1. Loading it onto the named machine
2. Programme is undetectable
3. It takes sreen shots every 10 mins
4. It key logs every stroke including passwords.
5. Saves them to a temporary folder
6. Picks up all conversations during yahoo messenger, log on names & passwords

Maybe this method will not suit everyone but theres some pure rats out there & that includes husbands.

------------------
Elizabeth

Posts: 8 | From: scotland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisCrazyLover
Member # 3458

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HisCrazyLover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ummmm If you question your lover that much perhaps you should out right ask them?

I mean honestly screenshots every 10m?

Sorry but if I ever questioned my husband I darn sure would ask him about it & talk to him until I was convinced then to spy on him like that. If you are reduced to that perhaps it's time for you to ask yourself if you are truly in love, or just hanging on to a love that's lost?

Reguards,
HCL

Posts: 18 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamilah
Member # 2957

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jamilah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Debbie,
Thanks a lot for your deep input into this thread it's totally understandable!!!! You gave us answers to some questions!!!
quote:

Dear Nicky,

What can I say? Egypt isn't the west. I don't know where you are from, but Egypt is a different world, and while these boys you meet in the tourist resorts like to think of themselves as very westernized and of course they enjoy sleeping with all the girls that they can (as do western boys.... and girls... let's not just blame the boys.... western men/women/boys/girls find it common place to sleep around and don't think much of it). Anyway folks, I'm not playing judge and jury here.... do as you please, but Nicky, you need to beware of the implications if you do this. First, I don't know where your friend lives, that might make some difference, but regardless, Egyptians, IN GENERAL, I mean, EVEN the Highest class Egyptians, IN GENERAL don't mess around with anyone they really care about without being married to them. I don't know if you like this guy in a way that you'd be hurt if he never talked to you again after you left or if he only ever considered you good for "one thing", but if so, stay in a hotel. 100% sure, he isn't going to loose interest in you if you don't stay with him, IF he is interested in you now.
I didn't mean to indicate that there is a great danger if you stay with him, although it's slightly possible that something bad could happen.....not so much with him, but with lowlifes in the neighborhood that see you as a slut, living with this boy without being married, and assume you'd bonk anyone that comes to the door.... this isn't necessarily going to happen, but it's a possibility.
It's just so hard to explain to someone that hasn't spent much time in the culture here. Egypt is a country of contradictions, but in general, girls that travel alone are looked down on, and more than that, if you will stay with a man without being married to him, that is pretty much the stuff all gossip in Egypt is started from. You can probably count on being the topic of conversation among the neighborhood if you do take him up on his invitation.
What's worse, is that it's totally possible that if you don't know him really well, he might be married on top of it. I'm not saying this is the case with your guy, but it's possible.
There is one guy from Tanta that was talking to me this morning on Yahoo asking what I paid for my flat because his girlfriend is coming to Egypt and he wants to rent a flat for one month to stay with her. I really read him the riot act for being such a sleeze bag. I mean he wanted to rent a flat for only $200 for only one month. Any flat he could get short term for only $200 would be such a flea bag, the woman would have to be NUTS to stay there. YUK.
Anyway, I rambled and rambled about this. So much with your guy depends on where he lives and how well you know him, but in general again, I wouldn't encourage you to stay with ANY man in Egypt at his flat unless it is where his whole family lives and his mother and sisters are there as well. If they are there, then nothing would be going on between the two of you, and if anyone in the neighborhood suggested there was, his mother would fix that gossip very fast!

Posts: 247 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
biblawy85
Member # 3461

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for biblawy85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hii...
you are welcome in Egypt...hope to enjoy your visit...the egyptien boy is sometimes a player ...but you must choose the boy with a wise regard it's very important... hope you send to me again .you'r welcome

Posts: 1 | From: Cairo Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
i'm_ur_angel
Member # 3532

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for i'm_ur_angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i came across this site by chance and i must say it scared me, i had not given the things i'm doing or about the person in my life. I met an Egyptian guy online and we use to talk just for fun then i think we started having feels for each other before i know it we r making plans to be together. then i found out that he was doing the same thing with another girl. i got mad and he told me that it was just a game and that he turely loves me and want to be with me he then told me that he wont talk with her again and he gave me all his passwords so i can enter his box anytime i want. I realize that the girl still email him and she said she does not care about me she wants to be with him so i told him its over and he said if i leave him he will kill himself coz i'm the only right thing in his life and didnt beleave him but then he went for a knife and cut him self on cam so that i can see. i got really scared so i told him i will never leave. we share stuff about our religion he is muslim and i am christian so he does not talk with me about sex and stuff like that and he said he wants us to get married now and he will be coming to live in my country but we have toget married before we can live together. i think that hes geniue but then after seeing ur site i'm not sure he lives in Cairo so can anyone help shed some light on my love life? i think it was Debbie who said if he tells me about his misery one after another then run .... well he does that too everyday .... what do u think?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Good Grief! The guy is clearly a psycho-manipulating-drama king. Do you really want that in your life for the rest of your life? Sure nutburgers like that are fun at first....to play with, like a fly you can pull the wings off of, but after that they loose their appeal. Dump him!

Seriously.... he is a manipulator. Every once in awhile you hear about suicide threats in a love affair.... but have you EVER EVER EVER known one of those affairs/relationships to be happy and work out? NEVER. The "manipulator" wins a few times, the "manipulated" feels like crap, and then it happens again until the relationship finally breaks up, and all of the friends of the "manipulated" rejoice, and the "manipulator" finds a new victim.

I know I'm jaded but it sure sounds like he's playing with you, to me.

samirasunshine
Member # 3523

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samirasunshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to say that reading your email there is no future is this 'relationship' and it there is, it would not be a good one.
I would have left him the minute I found out he was doing the same thing with another girl-no question. I notice that you met him online. How many times have you actually met him? You don't deserve to be treated like that and what sort of future do you think you would have with someone that threatens to kill himself because you no longer want to be with him. This guy has some serious issues that he needs to resolve - on his own! Run like the wind, while you still have your sanity and self respect in tact and good luck!

(I met an Egyptian guy online and we use to talk just for fun then i think we started having feels for each other before i know it we r making plans to be together. then i found out that he was doing the same thing with another girl)

By the way 'nutburger'???? I have never heard that expression before and oh how I laughed. Its fab.

Posts: 9 | From: Luxor | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If a man pulls a suicidal stunt through a webcam - or anywhere - you fly fly fly!

Imagine your life with a 'man' that will always find a way to intimidate you, everytime you have a different opinion.

I bet you anything that he video taped himself while pulling his stunt, and had a great laugh showing his little act to his friends; and that could become a trend among these irresponsible losers!

Don't you deserve better?
Wishing you a much better life, with a real MAN!

Monica

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 06 February 2004).]

Nathaly.ru
Member # 3536

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nathaly.ru   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
there are players and serious people every where you go not just Egyption regarding the last question you have in you message, it's easy to find out.
Please let me know if you need more help, takecare[/B]

If I need your help, can you be so kind to answer me if I need it?

------------------
Life is what happenes toy you when you're busy making other plans. (John Lennon)

Posts: 6 | From: Moscow, Russia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com