EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Egyptian Men (the nonfiction) (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Egyptian Men (the nonfiction)
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for welsafty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mm…… let me think for a sec here… maybe you have to read what I posted before decide that I made it GENERAL. Just like you said, we are in Egyptian forum, and we are talking about EGYPTIAN man and western Woman, and it doesn’t need to much brain to understand that that the discussion is about those who are attracted to Egyptian man, to reply to those who say WESTERN women who fall in love with Egyptian men get hurt

GOD!!! no-one reads before they get the inspiration to write a reply

quote:
Originally posted by Carfax:
LOL what would be the point? This board is about Egypt, and thus [b]most of the women coming here will be enamored with Egyptian men and Egyptian culture, so that is expected..

My disagreement with you was when you portrayed Western women in "general" as being attracted to Egyptian men, which certainly isn't true..

Your ego has been inflated unjustly because you equate the few Western women that come to Egypt as being representative of ALL Western women..

You also non too "subtly" tried to make it seem as if Egyptian men are all handsome, smooth, sophisticated, and paragons of masculinity while other men elsewhere in the World are of a lower standard..

That REALLY cracked me up

[This message has been edited by Carfax (edited 25 August 2004).][/B]

Posts: 785 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carfax
Member # 1473

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Carfax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by welsafty:
mm…… let me think for a sec here… maybe you have to read what I posted before decide that I made it GENERAL. Just like you said, we are in Egyptian forum, and we are talking about EGYPTIAN man and western Woman, and it doesn’t need to much brain to understand that that the discussion is about those who are attracted to Egyptian man, to reply to those who say WESTERN women who fall in love with Egyptian men get hurt

GOD!!! no-one reads before they get the inspiration to write a reply

Perhaps you need me to jog your memory. This is what you said originally:

quote:
What makes an Egyptian man so desirable by foreign ladies?
It is very simple, it not his handsome boyish looks, his killer Bodds, his fantastic bezique, or his extreme masculinity (some will disagree with me on that) , it is simply his hart and his passion

So, in your first paragraph, you generally portray Egyptian men as perfect in every respect, and whom Western women worship and adore.

Notice also, that Arx commented on that aswell, and not just myself so I wasn't the only person to notice it..

Have you ever considered a job in advertising by the way?

Onto the next statement of yours. Now pay attention to the "highlighted" words:

quote:
aided with general modesty and sometimes good manners, and even religious tendency, makes this EGYPTIAN guy the perfect family man , who is well know to be more faithful to his family that many other non Egyptian men, and would give up his life for this family of his, plus when it to commitment, an Egyptian man would not hesitate to get married and settle down with the right person, not because he is an angle , but because he have been programmed to seek a stable family lifestyle from the Egyptian culture itself.

Look at the area that I highlighted.. That prompted me to reply to your post. It seemed to me that you were "trying" to run a non too subtle smear campaign against non Egyptian men, while at the same time making Egyptian men appear perfect.

I never would have replied to your post if you had not made such a ridiculous comparison between Egyptian and non Egyptian men.

Again, I must say that you should consider advertising as a career

[This message has been edited by Carfax (edited 25 August 2004).]

Posts: 511 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for welsafty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
after seeing your highlights, yes you are write, who ever read ONLY this part you have highlighted would think exactly what you thought... that’s why I suggested for you to read the whole thing,,, but yes you are write< it seems like if I was making a generalization, and I should have also mentioned that many western female wonder how much beating she well get if she married an Egyptian Man, I had a girl that was hitting on me and one of the first thing that turned me off, was her asking me how many times I will beat her before and after sex, and daily if she managed to seduce me into being with her.

quote:
Look at the area that I highlighted.. That prompted me to reply to your post................................Again, I must say that you should consider advertising as a career
[B]

Hee hee good suggestion, but I already have another career and I am very good at it to

one personal note, please try to reduce the number of times you edit your own post, it makes me wonder how many times you had to think and refine your replies and posts
[b] THIS MESSAGE HAVE BEEEN, oppps HAVE NOT BEEN EDITED A SINGLE TIME

Posts: 785 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arx
Member # 1702

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for arx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you were born in america? is english your first language? if so, it is truly atrocious.

carfax last post was very true and clarified what i was trying to say. thank you, even though it obviously doesn't bode well for my ego either!

Posts: 148 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arx
Member # 1702

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for arx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh, and i will edit my post how i like and as many times as i like. if you don't like it, then that makes me quite happy!
Posts: 148 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianGuy
Member # 4360

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ANNoUNCEMENT : Wanted : a woman wqhos obedient, submissive, silent and dynamo in bed...

Posts: 55 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EgyptianGuy:
ANNoUNCEMENT : Wanted : a woman wqhos obedient, submissive, silent and dynamo in bed...

This should be in classified shouldnt it?

------------------
I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnotherNewMember
Member # 5014

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for AnotherNewMember     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
originally posted by welsafty
DEAR ANOTHERNEWMEMBER, I heard some roomers about you being someone else, changing your username when people start ignoring you and realize you are only here to start a fight ? was it you or I just got mixed up with another new member

That's interesting that YOU heard this rumor being a NEW member yourself

But I'll give you the OBVIOUS response, I DID change my user ID. Nothing could be more obvious, it's no secret at all. Did I change it to start a fight? Now that's laughable since it was changed in one of the BIGGEST fights in ES history. It was changed for the purpose of showing that anybody on here can be anybody on here-makes sense?

For example, YOU claim to be an american born citizen, who can't separate the spelling of write from right and on this particular thread, (before you edit it ) I'd like to point out this post:

welsafty
posted 19 August 2004 02:15 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Luxorlover:
It was interesting to note also that both Welsafty and Arx live in America not Egypt.

you got that one wrong to, always jumping to conclusions
think before you write

Any American born third grader knows the 'write' with your pen, is not the same at the 'right' opposite of wrong. And I think YOU know this as well, what a horrible attempt at trying to change your WRITING style

Next notice the BOLD

welsafty
posted 23 August 2004 05:52 PM
Most likely those Boys/men who lived in Europe ware those few irresistible Egyptian guys
I have lived here and there, met and been with Egyptian women, and western, and I have to admit, the preconception of Egyptian man that western women are EAZY and welling are blown out of proportion, yes many are welling and sometime persistent, and unfortunately they give a bad name for other western women who don’t do that and willnot sleep around, but because those EASY and welling western women, are out searching, and welling, they are the ones who are seen more by an Egyptian (irresistible) man who is out on the look for an easy one night stand , or a easy short-term exciting sexual relation.

Now how is it that an AMERICAN born can spell WILL, but can't add the 3rd grade -ING suffix to spell WILLING

Another 'horrible' attempt at trying to change your writing style.

The difference between me having an 'obvious' new ID, is that I can admit to it. But can the 100 more people that change their names to other names, rather than something as cunning as ANOTHERnewmember- could admit the same? That's the whole point Kimo, oops, I meant Welsafty. (wouldn't want to be accused of starting any fights ) or being a DRAMA KING or queen or BOTH.

As far as "being IGNORED for trying to start fights"
Are you kidding me? Those are the HOTTEST threads on ES, who ignores the fights? I mean really, the fights even get people from ET to come back to start posting, don't they?

[This message has been edited by AnotherNewMember (edited 26 August 2004).]

Posts: 323 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
you see how fast I fealt at home ??

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherNewMember:

I raely lkie the way you pionetd out my splling mssitakes, no boedy is prefcet, and I mkae no scerit out of my bad splling sklils, i assemud you were able to unredstand erevy wrod I worte.
does anyone else have a problem with my SPELLING CRIMES ??

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
you see how fast I fealt at home ??

I raely lkie the way you pionetd out my splling mssitakes, no boedy is prefcet, and I mkae no scerit out of my bad splling sklils, i assemud you were able to unredstand erevy wrod I worte.
does anyone else have a problem with my SPELLING CRIMES ??

That depends on where you are. I think spelling like that is still a hanging offence in England as its treason or a crime against the Queens English or something I would lay low for a while till it blows over if I were you

------------------
I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You also non too "subtly" tried to make it seem as if Egyptian men are all handsome, smooth, sophisticated, and paragons of masculinity while [b]other men elsewhere in the World are of a lower standard..
[/B]

LOL ... this is something most Egyptian men try to make you believe.

And before anyone jumps on me - I don't mean this in a bad way. I have Egyptian male friends whom I love and value, but somehow they all have this overly strong belief in their superior masculinity. I always wonder how they come to this conclusion since they have no way of comparing ...

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carfax
Member # 1473

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Carfax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia:
LOL ... this is something most Egyptian men try to make you believe.

And before anyone jumps on me - I don't mean this in a bad way. I have Egyptian male friends whom I love and value, but somehow they all have this overly strong belief in their superior masculinity. I always wonder how they come to this conclusion since they have no way of comparing ...

Hello Dalia. I haven't seen you in what, 2yrs or so?

And, is Welsafty really Kimo? Although Kimo and I never really got along, he did possess a modicum of intelligence, and his english was quite good; unlike this Welsafty character..

But, that could be part of the ploy I guess.

Posts: 511 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marianne
Member # 2179

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marianne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
very interesting post.
Does the cruelty of some egy men have limits?

Posts: 72 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shesha girl
Member # 5176

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shesha girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kimo_the_maniac:
That's interesting. Would you care to elaborate. Is that really the idea most people in the west have of us "filthy Arabs"? I haven't been to America but I find that hard to swallow. I have been to Europe and that certainly wasn't the impression I got. They were mostly impartial, or maybe they were acting impartial while thinking "dirty Arab". I don't know but are you exaggerating a bit maybe?

Were did you hear this? I am married to a GREAT Egyptian man. He moved to the US when he was 6 but he still has all his egptian upbringing. I don't know of one single person who has met him and thought of him as a "Dirty Arab".

Posts: 3 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arx
Member # 1702

Rate Member
if you are replying to my quote by chance, i later corrected myself with this quote on the second page:

"i believe i said either they fit your description of them or they fit luxorlover/elmagnoon's description of them. later, i corrected myself saying that most don't stereotype egyptians in any way (i did say perhaps terrorists though). some wouldn't be able to tell the difference between an arab, mexican, brazilian or indian anyway!"

Alora
Member # 5182

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Alora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shesha girl:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by kimo_the_maniac:
[b] That's interesting. Would you care to elaborate. Is that really the idea most people in the west have of us "filthy Arabs"? I haven't been to America but I find that hard to swallow. I have been to Europe and that certainly wasn't the impression I got. They were mostly impartial, or maybe they were acting impartial while thinking "dirty Arab". I don't know but are you exaggerating a bit maybe?

Were did you hear this? I am married to a GREAT Egyptian man. He moved to the US when he was 6 but he still has all his egptian upbringing. I don't know of one single person who has met him and thought of him as a "Dirty Arab".[/B][/QUOTE]

Your husband moved to the US when he was 6?
How's his Arab accent? He's probably so well blended in by now, if he spent most of his life in the US, that he doesn't draw much negative attention. For someone who is new to the country, it can be different.

It is unfortunate, but there are many westerners (more so in some groups than in others) who hang onto a low opinion of Arabs in general because they associate Arabs with terrorism, and/or think that all Arabs don't let their women show their faces in public, or, something to that effect. The ignorance at times can be more than nauseating. There are people who generalize far too much. I find that almost always, it is ignorant people who have never known any Arabs who think this way. And yes, usually they can't distinguish between Arab, Pakistani, Indian, or Mexican etc.

I am not Arab, I am Canadian of European descent. I have Arab friends. I have been looking for ways to overcome some of the ignorant attitudes around me. I think everyone in Canada and the USA needs to have an Arab friend or two like the ones I have. Then, I don't think anyone would have that attitude anymore, and perhaps a few issues would get resolved some day As well, I think alot of people need to be educated about what Islam really is. The nightmare of 9/11 hurt people from all over the world, but, it hurt Arabs in a different way.

Not all westerners think badly of Arabs in general - I certainly don't, and I know many people who don't, and in fact, I personally think highly of them And, in many ways I'd prefer an Arab muslim man to a western man. In my experience, I find they tend to have strong family values, strong work ethic, and tend to be honest and loyal in friendship. I have found they also tend to love, appreciate, and respect their wives. But then, I met alot of good ones

There is good and bad in every race. It could be the white western man who puts down the Arab man, is the one who then turns around and beats his own white western wife and/or his white western children. But the grape vine has more fun with the Arab who does it, or the Pakistani, the Hindu, or who ever else is the foreigner with the permanent sun tan
So here it all boils down to the need to "get to know each other".

I am new here, and haven't had time to read through the posts in detail, but this one just caught my attention. It's a sad and unfair thing (over generalizing), but it is response to the actions of a few, and I, myself have run into it all too much at times. People need to be educated, it's ignorance.

[This message has been edited by Alora (edited 29 August 2004).]

Posts: 2 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hello Dalia. I haven't seen you in what, 2yrs or so?

And, is Welsafty really Kimo? Although Kimo and I never really got along, he did possess a modicum of intelligence, and his english was quite good; unlike this Welsafty character..

But, that could be part of the ploy I guess.

Carfax, long time no see. How's it going. Thanks a lot for the compliment man, coming from you it means a lot. I also sensed a faint trace of a sentient being beyond your ID (oh I hate getting so mushy).

And no I don't have any alter egos, why would I need one? I say all I want under this ID!

Posts: 850 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elmagnoon
Member # 4199

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for elmagnoon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
and I should have also mentioned that many western female wonder how much beating she well get if she married an Egyptian Man,

I wonder where you meet those women. You seem to have a talent for attracting "Ignorant", "Demanding" and generaly stupid women, be they Egyptians or Western.

Posts: 343 | From: Magnoon Land | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptguy
Member # 6485

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by elmagnoon:
I wonder where you meet those women. You seem to have a talent for attracting "Ignorant", "Demanding" and generaly stupid women, be they Egyptians or Western.

where can i find one,,just,,one....of those ignorant babes???????????

Posts: 38 | From: nyc | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egyptguy:
where can i find one,,just,,one....of those ignorant babes???????????

Ahem.. well... there are many of them collecting dust on the shelves of certain demonic retail branches. U may choose their size, hair color, even the size and shape of their mouth!!! Their level of ignorance rises or falls proportionally to the amount of air you blow into their….well... air supply openings.

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And for men who believe in polygamy.. you can usually get one'buy one get one free!!!'
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
And for men who believe in polygamy.. you can usually get one'buy one get one free!!!'

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptguy
Member # 6485

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:

POLYGAMY AND BIGAMY : whaTS THE DIFFERENCE?
whic is more gross??

Posts: 38 | From: nyc | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welsafty,
I read your post for the time today with great interest. I read the first page of replies and it seems that was the general consensus 'an interesting post'. Pages 2 and 3 however, seemed to present the usual dribble and I could not be bothered to read on. I was born and raised in the UK and went to live in Egypt in my teens. The whole marriage thing came apparent to me when i was older and I could not believe it - to oppose the traditional norm would be selling yourself short and that was the way marriage worked here! Yikes - I could not do it. Maybe my British roots - I don't know. I feel sorry for the Egyptian youth who have no choice but to go through this - maybe it's not such an issue for some families but it sure is for others. One ES member mentioned watching her brother in law having to work like mad just to present the gold and redecorate his place! I guess its not the done thing to just rent a nice apartment when you're both married and honeymoon on the coast (what would the neighbours, family and friends say?).

A really good post, thank you for sharing it.

Farhana

Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherNewMember:

But I'll give you the OBVIOUS response, I DID change my user ID. Nothing could be more obvious, it's no secret at all. Did I change it to start a fight? Now that's laughable since it was changed in one of the BIGGEST fights in ES history. It was changed for the purpose of showing that anybody on here can be anybody on here-makes sense?

For example, YOU claim to be an american born citizen, who can't separate the spelling of [b]write from right and on this particular thread, (before you edit it ) I'd like to point out this post:

welsafty
posted 19 August 2004 02:15 AM [/B]

??? Get a life æÏäß ãäíä íÇ ÌÍÇ¿¿

Pritipersoon55
Member # 6564

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pritipersoon55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I chanced upon this forum here because was looking for this kind of information, though less for fights of belief :o) and more for actual experience from people who’ve been through (or are deep into :o) love&marriage with an egyptian.

BTW the topic is just becoming huge in Estonian and Russian webs because these nationalies are just beginning to spend money on travelling. Sharm already speaks russian like it does english :o), a luxury we estonians do not share but never mind, we are a happily multilingual people, or at least I am :o). But anyway... egyptian men, it seems they make us all, western women, fly like flies to honey :o))

OK, here my views about the topic of several wives.

First of all we should remember ther is no one proven “technical” standard for love or marriage. This os what makes ist all so confusing, because otherwise we’d simply have to compare and decide, but inbstead, it all is very personal because we all have to cerain extent different wishes and standards and values in life.

Secondly and awfully importantly, all comparisons thus should be relative, there are no absolute values. And relative to real life maybe, not dreams. I’ve noticed that people here compare matters of love and marriage to the idealistic situation where 2 persons are married to each other and (NB!) they both and both of them also love each other. Now how often does this occur in real life? I would to suggest that especially north americans or people from any other old fixed type of societies love to see simply what they wish to see and believe about themselves. Though don’t we all :o). There is a lot of hypocracy and make-believe in our societies, but the truth is that people marry on very different reasons even in the western cultures; that the initial infatuation may not last and that it is I believe only normal if a person then will continue looking for a satisfying relationship, or excitement if the marriage to the first person becomes boring. None of us wishes it, but none of us can guarantee things beforehand! Men no less than women. Thus, even so many men in the west have several wives, here we just call the second wife the “lover” and the arrangement is different in that the married wife usually does not know :o). Many couples even if they strive hard to comply to all expectations of their immediate society, simply do not enjoy life together, and also grow apart, now what’s enjoyable or recommendable in a monogamy like that? ...in societies where all our states have welfare systems in place so that anyone can very well survive on own, with or without children or job, economically. (Not that i promote any such life as a single.)

Compared to not the ideal then, but to reality (and especially to the worst of it, like wives being beaten or suffering economically incapable or drunken husbands, or marriages for a title or money or better life standard in general, absolutely as common in the west, may i point out) why would we demand from the muslims to be and behave solely ideally then, if we ourselvs aren’t capable of living our ideals.And if the “ideal” is very personal and depends on what other choices the person would realistically have, e.g. to share a maybe nice man, or to entirely own a not so nice one or noone at all?? Can you answer? Someone famous has said that the real choices in life are not between good and bad (because that is easy!). Real choices are between bad and bad, or good and good... several different goods or bads, and that’s what makes it so difficult.

There is on factor that keeps me personally interested in egypt and possibly in its men (although the whole country is full of wonderful potential, besides its history of course) is the emotions that I experienced there. Living in a somewhat climatically hard or maybe simply too hard working society where men show about as much emotions as tin preserves and act about as molluscs when you try to touch them (tuck in or flee :o), I was fascinated how bravely and freely the egyptians talk about their emotions. I also hope that maybe there they somewhat learn from the cultures developing ahead of them (arbitrary but let me say so here), that they maybe could avoid the wrong turns we have may made, and develop their own way instead, preserving the real values that may still exist there, while I already see them disappearing so fast in Estonia. Career, a house, a second car, then private school for children, we are becoming a consumer society, eagerly shelling out money even for things that we coudl do ourselves or could get without money (e.g. ther is no proven records that state schools are any worse or private schools any better). We spend entire lives simply slaving for more money to buy more things that we think we need to be happy. I went to egypt ands I saw beduins and they were the happiest people of long times I’ve seen! So I strongly believe on that happyness is in less things instead and that maybe thsi standard is easier to follow when being married to an Egyptian, in a land with strong and long own traditions, though I am a bit worried that they think too much of western ways and try to mimick the coca cola culture, instead of standing strong for own values and self-regard.

What concerns the different religions, then I am a believer if in anything at all then in humans :o), the only proven force in the world who can help in anything if at all. But we all believe n something, and very strong, and get angry or defencive if feel that our beliefs are threatened because losing belief could leave us baseless and directionless, at least for some time. And since our decisions, even the smallest, actually rely on our beliefs and values, then I think it is only natural, if spouses share, try share or try convince the other to share same beliefs. How else could you back your man in any of his decisions, or he you....???? if you believe differently. The solution in my mind is simply try look deeper than the books and stories to the general ideas behind them. The religions thus become less threatning and there is actually a lot that we share and follow even without activele believeing or following. Like do not do onto another what you would not have don to you, or what is the correct saying in English. A lot is simply based on humanistic values, and part is based on specific circumstances, locations and people to whom they apply and symphatise. We can also view any holy book as an ancient guide to a good and fulfilling life, according to knowledge and beliefs applicable in its time. Of course, having a man who shares the same level of intelligence with you probably does help, but isn’t this too one of these difficult to attain in real life “ideals”. :o)

Posts: 90 | From: www.visitestonia.com | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pritipersoon55
Member # 6564

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pritipersoon55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(was repetition)

[This message has been edited by Pritipersoon55 (edited 06 February 2005).]

Posts: 90 | From: www.visitestonia.com | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pritipersoon55
Member # 6564

Rate Member
P.S. The previous post from me was written based on another but similar thread before reading this thread here, so it still represents all my beliefs but... what do i hear, is Egypt really even more materialistic and romanceless than westworld??
My own main fear is: the level of possessiveness, can it become suffocating? I'm a free soul :o), Aquarius the way they come i guess. Also, despite a multitude of askings, i still get no other (=real) info from my "beau" about himself than "I love you. Miss your lips" etc. I understand love can be feverish, especially for the first week or so :o) but there is not much in this for me to lean on, according to my understanding of seriousness in relationship. Just for the record, he is a waiter, I was there with mom, he took good care of us, we got talking., He has higher education, my good what a job then, just working and sleeping, but well, we all work with what is offered probably in times of unemployment. It is so awfully difficult I think to find out if a man is intelligent or if he is relatively dumb if they speak so little, and I require a lot of discussion and a lot of intellectual bonding. On the other hand, maybe feelings if they are real, lasting, earnest and make me happy.. do deserve a compromise? he is also 10 years younger (I am 38 but an Aquarius breaking-all-rules optimist as you see :o), i've never been in lasting relationships exactly because men cannot supply the level of emotions and earnesty, or intellect, or whatever. So I guess I look about like 25 compared to most women and especially local women who look old a bit faster, I think? Also, I think it is maybe even more important of sharing the same stage of live and wills, like e.g. having a family or (in my case) wishing to experience real, mutual, satisfying love. Anyway, time will show, but it seems new environments can bring back the belief that has been put out by men elsewhere, if the air differes, you start believeing maybe everything differs :o) and love is a lot of matter of belief, isn't it?

Sorry for typos and for taking up that much space :o).

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com