EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » SPA (turned out to be EROTIC) massage in sharm el sheik, help me! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: SPA (turned out to be EROTIC) massage in sharm el sheik, help me!
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Troubles101:

As for the good half, Do you think they shouldn't speak up when seeing someone's rights are being abused ? is that what the victim needs or the abuser?

Your understanding of freedom and tolerance seems very immature and contradicting to me

Everyone should speak up for himself/herself. it keeps the world harmony whereby we all get from life what we deserve (mostly). No trying to jump them over their shadows, Troubles, just beause you happen to be a bit forward (mut maybe also backward, you never know about developments exactly in which direction they go, until later)

What i seem to you depends of you more than me :)

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, the person who posted this said she's already written to the hotel. I don't think it's his place to contact the hotel and complain unless he's asked permission and gotten the details FIRST. I mean, if you were hotel management and discovered this complaint was based on a story you saw in an internet forum which you cannot even validate -- what would you think?

If anything, it discredits future complaints.

Good intentions, bad execution.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nevermind:
Everyone should speak up for himself/herself. it keeps the world harmony whereby we all get from life what we deserve (mostly).

This is no difference than knowing that a specific dark street has a big hole in, yet I would not warn anyone about it and just say they will get what they deserve? but even if this true then none should speak in the first place even the one who got his/r rights abused as their complain wont help them in anyway but will only serve to help those who don't know and this according to you is not okay, so at the end we will be left with the bad thing happining and none doing a thing about it which happen to be the reason of many negative things in my country, you see this thing about "it's not my business" or " let them learn by themselves" everyday, you get hit but you wont say anything because it wont be any of your business anymore to complain and at then end no one complain and the abusing contuinue though none like it.

Take the girl here for example why should she speak for herself when things happned already and she may not even come back to Egypt, if she complain it will serve only to help others.

quote:
What i seem to you depends of you more than me

Depends on us both I believe but don't ask me what you seem to me

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
Actually, the person who posted this said she's already written to the hotel. I don't think it's his place to contact the hotel and complain unless he's asked permission and gotten the details FIRST. I mean, if you were hotel management and discovered this complaint was based on a story you saw in an internet forum which you cannot even validate -- what would you think?

I agree , I would rather complain when i see it with my eyes or know about it from a person I trust and once I'm sure I become responsible to complain or advise about it.

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Troubles101:
:D

Good to see smiling faces now and then.. :).

U almost make a point here but there are two reasons why I disagree. The first is that even if you take to camp beside a hole in a dark street for the rest of your life it is not a very efficient way because you cannot possibly cover all dark holes in the world (plus I actually think you might have brain potential for a more useful life somewhere). The second is that there will always be new holes appearing somewhere, so the best idea still is to train everyone watch out for holes and defend themselves. U do not do it if you act as a guardian angel (or maybe war angel) and by trying to protect people actually keep them what they need best: the will and stamina to defend themselves.

So the girl here had a new experience in her life, OK she could not quite react ASAP, but I guess she's thought about it now and next time probably she'll watch out and make herself clear. Because you can ban the person from that establishment but you aren't banning him from life (god forbid)! He'll still be lurking around and not getting a point until the women whom he treats just help him understand, clearly. This is reality--you get people and their different understandig of ways and you need to cope with theirs versus yours and somehow part as friends or at least with some mutual respect.

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krissy
Member # 6743

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for krissy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I've already sent an email to the same address h1715@accor.com (over a week ago, the day after I came home). Haven't heard anything.... but I'm starting to forget the whole episode.

Before I went to Egypt I thought that muslims were very respecful about the female body, guess I was a little naiv, they are also men..I should have told the massage guy Sherif then and there to ... off but I have only my self to blame for that I didn't!

I read on my travel agency's internetpage before I went to Egypt that they warned tourists to bring egyptians to their hotel room because it was against the law or something and it could lead to serious consequenses. So, I remember I thought that Egypt must be a very strict country and different from Greece, Spain etc. where the men are always hitting on tourist girls, (and the girls sometimes are into it as well of course). Not that I had anything of this in mind since I was there with my boyf (and because it's not my style anyway), but point is that I thought things were different in Egypt.

So I was very surprised when this happened! I don't think I would have taken massage from a man in fex. Greece, because they have this reputation etc. BUT- again, I was wrong , and a little naiv!! Of course I understand that all men in Egypt are not as sleezy as the massage guy, but I only had this naiv idea that muslims were more decent or something... Guess that only goes for the muslims girls, not the men! That is really provoking by the way, but that is another discussion:-)

Of course I told my boyf, lifetimeenjoy, why shouldn't I? It wasn't my "fault" that this happened, I swear I only went there to get massage, and I love my boyf very much! He only felt sorry for me (and angry of course), but I guess the men up north are a lot more tolerant/understanding about issues like this than fex. muslim men.

Posts: 6 | From: norway | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband would have went off to beat up that guy!

Anyway, I wouldn't have the slightest interest to get my massage down by an Egyptian man. I lived too long in the country to understand their mentality.

Please bring this terrible experience behind you, hopefully this episode didn't ruin your impression of this wonderful country and you will be back very soon.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krissy
Member # 6743

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for krissy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To lifetimeenjoy:

It was nice of you to contact the hotel. But I don't know why they answered you and not me, it is the same address. I have deleted the email I send to them (as I have to delete my "sent mails" box quite often because of pressure on the mailbox). I could write a new complaint, but I'm not going to give it to you over this forum, and I have already tried the H1715@accor.com address!
Why does the hotel write "dear Sherif" by the way? Is your name Sherif too? The massage guys name was Serif.

Posts: 6 | From: norway | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifetimeenjoy
Member # 6785

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifetimeenjoy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes krissy my name is Sherif.
Posts: 43 | From: HURGHADA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifetimeenjoy
Member # 6785

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifetimeenjoy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes krissy my name is sherif .
Posts: 43 | From: HURGHADA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
..... I mean, if you were hotel management and discovered this complaint was based on a story you saw in an internet forum which you cannot even validate -- what would you think?

Expat, I'm not sure I agree 100%. I think you are thinking like a westerner, and if that hotel were in Europe they might discredit the complaint because of the Internet connection, but I am not so sure they will here in Egypt, for a couple of reasons.

First, Egyptians love gossip. You have to remember that. They live on loving to pass on anything juicy they can get that makes a good story. Remember all the rumors that get passed on, even in the newspapers here, that you have to verify....like the Christian girls that are being held captive until they convert.... or the child at Carrefour that was abducted.... or the girls that were being killed and chopped up by some taxi driver in Cairo. Come on...they LOVE it and it's the Gods Honest Truth in their minds until proven otherwise... so the fact that this story comes from the Internet has nothing to do with the validity of it at all, I'd bet.

Second, the probability that it is true is way over 50% given the town it is coming from. If it is true, the hotel has probably had complaints in person about this guy from other guests and a written complaint from someone saying they heard this and he won't be staying at the hotel in the future because of it, may actually mean something. If you have a hotel and you care about this sort of thing getting out, then your employees need to be above reproach.
In anycase, I bet the hotel has a feeling whether the story is true or not, and actually it just comes down to if they will do something about it or not.

Unfortunately, for the OP, it is uncommon for *"nice" women to live and work in Sharm, so finding female employees for this kind of work isn't easy for the hotel, yet customers want massage now and then, so what can the hotel do? Plus normally a westerner wouldn't be put off by having a man do the work. Seems the boys in Sharm have turned the massage business into what it was in the states about 30 years ago....maybe it is still the same in the states....at least in certain areas of any large city it would be a wink-wink situation if a man were to say he wanted to go get a massage.

*"nice" = respectable Egyptian woman. Most "respectable" Egyptian women wouldn't be allowed, by her family, to go live in Sharm alone to work. That is an Egyptian boy/man thing to do. And... LOL.... many of them are not considered the most respectable people either.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True Deb. I guess most of the top hotel management in Egypt I've met have been expats (they tend to travel to different hotel locations but still work for a particular chain). Then again I'm not in the tourism industry so it's only after "and what do you do" question that I find out people work for hotels. Because of this and because foreigners DO know how much gossip and silly stories get generated, I thought top management would be sceptical of a complaint that didn't come directly from a guest (where they could verify she in fact stayed at the hotel, book a massage on that date, etc.) and take appropriate action.

Of course this way, a rumour will have spread and it will damage his reputation. But I'm sure he already has a reputation and most of the hotel staff know it. After all, as you said...

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steady on Debbie:

There are a large number of *nice* Egyptian women living and working in Sharm. They work in the schools, the hospitals, the hotels and have their famililes living in Sharm with them. Likewise there are many many good Egyptian men working there. Why do people seem to always forget that a place like Sharm has all the infrastructure of government, business, police, hospitals, schools etc just like any other large town. All these institutions need staff and workers to run them.....can we have some perspective please, not everybody is a tourist ******.

Likewise though I agree the hotel will take the complaint very seriously. I know of many young men that were sacked for much smaller disgressions. Replacements are always readily available and the hotels will do anything not to loose their good reputations.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
waelredsea
Member # 6836

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for waelredsea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nice to see that you return again penny.

where have you been....??

Posts: 23 | From: England/Egypt | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Penny, I didn't mean that decent women don't live in Sharm and they probably are more likely to work at the hospital, schools or elsewhere, but you have to admit that finding a nice gal there that is working in the SPA of a hotel is going to be pretty rare. I guess I just worded my post poorly.

Expat, yeah, top hotel management may be foreigners but this isn't a top level complaint. This would probably not go beyond HR and HR possitions are generally filled by Egyptians. Top management doesn't want to be bothered with crap about some SPA kid feeling up a customer. I bet a few more heads would roll if someone below top management didn't handle this first.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifeAgift
Member # 7143

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifeAgift     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terrible just trrible.

My husband is egyptian and the massages he gives seem less mechanical than those given in American physical therapy offices.

I wonder if becuase you felt an attraction and noted his appealing looks if your body gave of pheremones that were overwhelming and the massaeus picked up on it.

I don't intend to blame you because you were clearly victimized. But our bodies and spirits do operate in other realms.

Had you not have had a boyfriend would your response differ?

Remember you pondered the situation with confusion. He may have been confused by the mixed messages your body was sending.

Posts: 42 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sand In My Shoes
Member # 6226

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Sand In My Shoes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what I"m about to say is going to get me burned at the stake, but I can't help but laugh as I read all this.

Now before you go losing your cool, let me say that this "masseuse" did act unprofessionally and he was out of bounds. Ok?... OK.

What has me laughing are all the knickers in a twist here. I've kind of been enjoying nevermind's little out-of-box play and I must say she does have a few valid points.

But I guess it's human nature to climb on the ole soap box (just as I just did). This forum is a riot sometimes.

As to the young "offended" lady, please understand I am not disrespecting your situation. I just find the cries for BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! a bit melodramatic.

Posts: 26 | From: Louisville, KY, USA... now Tanta Egypt | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
have-a-dream
Member # 7401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for have-a-dream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When he was playing in your sexuelle-parts, why did not to leave the room ?

because you accepted what he did.
so the women they let the man to do it then after they enjoy they say "help, Police"

You are the guilty...
london-uk@lycos.com

Posts: 3 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kokokoas
Member # 7412

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for kokokoas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forget it and be sure that isnormal in Sharm elshikh and Hurghada too..and be happy you are not envolved more...it is an advice from an egyptian...dont trust more than it should be (IN LOVE I MEAN)
he or many others doing this so often..i live in hurghada and i saw alot plus many girls getting involved then they lose there boyfriend then they regret it is not even a pice of love it is just a nature needs

Posts: 36 | From: Cairo | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com