EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Men's Behavior in a Relationship

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Men's Behavior in a Relationship
EgyptianMau
Member # 9655

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianMau     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started seeing an Egyptian guy who is 10 years younger than me. I found that we would spend time "making out" and then he wouldn't blow me off but rather focus on other things. It blows me away that he's a virgin (he's 30 years old) and that he plans to be until he's married. So I know he's not spending time with me just to get laid. Another strange thing is that the other night he thought I said that a man was coming over to my apartment and he got upset..??? I've read here that Egyptian men can be very charming, which he is. I have this tendency with pretty much all men to "believe they're talking bullshit until proven otherwise", which I know isn't fair. I called him the other night while he was at work to ask him to call me when he finished work. I wanted to stop seeing him and he would have been just too busy to talk to while he was at work. He almost went nuts, he HAD to know what I had to talk about. He's an awfully fun and passionate guy but I find that I'm spending too much time thinking and wondering about what his behavior means and I don't want to go down that road which in the past has been so easy for me to do. Hey that's progress!! [Smile] Any feedback is really appreciated!
Posts: 68 | From: Easton Pa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ever heard of vinegar and oil?
Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianMau
Member # 9655

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianMau     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:

What does tossing his salad have to do with it?
Posts: 68 | From: Easton Pa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some egyptian men are a bit insecure but mostly are very jealous men. They do not approve of "their women" keeping any kind of company with other males especially if alone and at her apartment. If he is in attendance with her and it is clear she is with him then they tend to be fine but for her to invite a man to her apartment... not so cool. And as for calling him and saying you wanted to talk, he might have thought that it was something bad or that you wanted to end things or something of that sort..
Cant say that i really blame him for being upset about the guy coming to the apartment thing, although it was perfectly innocent im sure, i know i would not want my man inviting some woman to his apartment that i dont know or trust well... Yes i trust him but still

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeepinItReal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can understand his side if you did have a guy in your apartment. Just try to put yourself in his shoes and how you would feel if he had a lady at his. He sounds like a good guy that needs a little reassurance that you are his girl. Best of luck to you! [Smile]
Posts: 1063 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianMau
Member # 9655

Rate Member
No, no...I didn't have a guy nor did I invite a guy to my apartment. He misunderstood what I was saying. No, I wouldn't do that and absolutely yes, I wouldn't want it done to me.

--------------------
Regards,
EgyptianMau

The Unknown
Member # 9993

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Unknown   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I lost my virginity at 32 and I'm not Egyptian so it shouldn't blow you away. Also seems like the misunderstanding issue between you and him could be more a communication problem ( is English his mother tongue?). My girlfriend & I get into a lot of arguments but lately I noticed that she feels embarrassed when she doesn't understand a word or phrase so she rather assume things. I told her that I don't mind explaning myself and that I will be patience when it comes to her command of English and that other than that I love her to death.
Posts: 10 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also think he missunderstood you and made wrong conclusion due to the fact that his English is not his mother tongue.

This means you will have to communicate in such a way that he can always clearly understand you, otherwise he may form wrong perceptions, therefore wrong conclusions and make judgements all together differently.

Communication is the key in a relationship, so I think it's not going to work well due to those limitations. Also 2 of you have different beliefs on many issues, he wants to remain virgin until marriage, you can't change your sexual life from the past, I mean, there is very little bewteen 2 of you in common, and you will need a lots of time and effort to make it work. Plus, he is 10 years younger, age and belief incompabilities will impose other conflicts, one by one...

Why don't you look for someone who has many things in common like you? Someone who has same vision like you and wants to go into the same direction with all his heart, mind and soul.

I were in your position: friendship would be at maximum that I would be interested based on circumstances. Good luck! [Big Grin]

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Labibah
Member # 9742

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Labibah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shure he is virgin... NOT!
I met an Egyptian prince too. Very charming, very polite, very funny and very virgin...

But 6 months after he told me he was married and had a baby and everything he told me was just a lie. No Egyptian man in a touristarea is virgin! I refuse to belive that.

They just use this to get married, to get money from you. Beware of the DOG!

Posts: 84 | From: Norway, Trondheim | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianMau
Member # 9655

Rate Member
Originally posted by Labibah:
I met an Egyptian prince too. Very charming, very polite, very funny and very virgin...

But 6 months after he told me he was married and had a baby and everything he told me was just a lie. No Egyptian man in a touristarea is virgin! I refuse to belive that.

Khadija_Diagne
Member # 10149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Khadija_Diagne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Labibah:

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Beware of the Dog, so funny, so true

Posts: 478 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khadija_Diagne
Member # 10149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Khadija_Diagne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EgyptianMau:
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:

What does tossing his salad have to do with it?
[Roll Eyes] This is how american some corrupt good men. See look at you! Mind all in the gutter, about tossing his salad [Big Grin] [Big Grin] ha ha ha

I agree,wit Sonomod, this just might not be your mix. Draw back you worldly western women ways. Respect him, and dont be a temptrest. If he is truly a virgin, let him remain. Dont ruin the fact that he wants to give the best gift he has to give(virginity) to his wife. Nothing wrong with that, very common in his culture. Supress the desire of your own personal conquest. He is more than just another notch on your belt.

Posts: 478 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianMau
Member # 9655

Rate Member
Oh no no. I'm totally not trying to tempt him at all. He's been the one who's wanted to "make out" so to speak. I've been mostly celibate for the last 8 years and my frustration level is horribly high. But I respect his religous/cultural decision and wouldn't try to persuade him differently. I'd feel like dirt and I'm not like that. I wanted to stop seeing him and told him so because of the difficulty in this situation on both our parts. Yeah..my humor does tend to be in the gutter...8 years of celibacy will do that to do. I suppose I shouldn't be suprised that a 30 year old man can be a virgin when here I am an attractive 39 year old women and I've been celibate for so long. Oh Lord....

--------------------
Regards,
EgyptianMau

Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nooralhaq20055     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A man and his wife were lying in bed the other night when he noticed she had bought a new book entitled, "What 20 Million American Women Want."

He grabbed the book out of her hands and started thumbing through the pages.

His wife was a little annoyed. "Hey, what do you think you're doing?"

He calmly replied, "I just wanted to see if they spelled my name right."

Posts: 1074 | From: Menufia, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taher
Member # 10503

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Taher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Labibah:

This is really not true. I met my husband in Cairo, but he used to work in the resorts. He was most definitely a virgin and had never kissed a girl before me. He thinks even "spanking the monkey" is haram and we did not have sex before marriage. I know there are a lot of bad Egyptians out there, but don't speak for all of them because there are a lot of great ones out there too. Please don't give a bad name to all Egyptian men. It's very hurtful for us when someone thinks he married me for a greencard or money. So, much so that he doesn't even want to go the US because he doesn't want people to think anything bad about him.

Posts: 166 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marie therese
Member # 10603

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marie therese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Helo EgyptianMau,

where and what he is working ? If he is working in the tourist range, there is not a big chance that he is an respectable man. They must have a work permit to work in the tourist areas and here is already a manipulation.Also for a decently man it would be very hard to work with these guys very well scooled how to take money from the tourist women or to get visa.

And I would be a big exception that an egyptian loves an elder western woman, because his destination is to have children. His never family would never except it, only if he would return with the money that he need for a real marriage with an egyptian virgin woman who could represent his honour. Therefore also egyptian women let made a little medical operation puting there in a virgin status, if it is lost before.

I think you loss your time.

Posts: 38 | From: Germany | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Taher:

This is really not true. I met my husband in Cairo, but he used to work in the resorts. He was most definitely a virgin and had never kissed a girl before me. He thinks even "spanking the monkey" is haram and we did not have sex before marriage. I know there are a lot of bad Egyptians out there, but don't speak for all of them because there are a lot of great ones out there too. Please don't give a bad name to all Egyptian men. It's very hurtful for us when someone thinks he married me for a greencard or money. So, much so that he doesn't even want to go the US because he doesn't want people to think anything bad about him. [/QB]

Taher
you took the words right out of my mouth!!
Are our guys brothers???? LOL
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bluna85
Member # 10648

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bluna85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone,
I have a problem. I was in Hurgahada Hilton Long Beach for a week and I had a great time with an animator there, called Sovienne. Does anybody know him? He is from Tunesia. If anybody knows him, please write to me.
Thank you!

Posts: 5 | From: Germany | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have doubts about him?
Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does he have a brother..... animator too???
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wake up, women of the world.
Charm works wonders liar or not liar. Ther is nothing better or worse (depending on what your values are) than a charming liar!

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thankyou!
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bluna85
Member # 10648

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bluna85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No he has no brother and I know that the whole thing was only a flirt but I donīt think he is a liar.
Posts: 5 | From: Germany | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marie therese
Member # 10603

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marie therese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bluna, think you have had a good holiday time and forget it.

They are all liars in Hurghada. Do you think a normal man can survive there ?

Good luck.

Posts: 38 | From: Germany | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bluna85
Member # 10648

Rate Member
You are surely right. Thank you. Also from Germany? Me too.
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marie Therese, you seem to have a very bad opinion of Egyptian men. I guess you have experienced a sad relationship?
Most of these men working in the tourist areas are bad, that's their business in a way, they want to make as much money as they can.
But this concerns only a few people, compared to the whole Egypt! If you are careful, selective, you will never meet this kind of snakes, and if you do meet them, you will know how to avoid them, by knowing they are only playing.
The rest of the Egyptian men is great, respectful, tolerant.
I was watching a documentary yesterday about Nigerians who are doing exactly the same with foreign tourists! This happens everywhere, I swear.
I wish you could go and stay a few months in Egypt, and meet real Egyptians.

Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marie therese
Member # 10603

Member Rated:
Barbapapa, I know it, I'm only speaking about men in touristic areas. But the most foreign people makes knowledge of these rats.

They want to make money, but they don't make. The biggest part is for the men behind. And the rest often is for drugs, handys etc.

But that's only one part. That what me afraid, they often come from poorest parts of Egypt, but they are so cruel, why they have no soul, no pity?
Their poor life is not an excuse for such a cruel handling.

And why the egyptian government make nothing against? They are a shame for the honest people.
And regarding touristic industrie that will not be good in the future.

Believe I know that only a part is like these rats.

Greetings

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com