EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Going to Egypt for sex, should tourists be barred from entry? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Going to Egypt for sex, should tourists be barred from entry?
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not everybody jumps in to bed the moment they meet someone. I met and was friends for a long time. I have much more pride in myself
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:
Not everybody jumps in to bed the moment they meet someone. I met and was friends for a long time. I have much more pride in myself

This posting is talking about the supposed sex tourism industry,about the woman who do do this and think this will turn into a life long commitment.Woman who are playing with men who are brought up to believe no sex before marriage period! The ones that do this with foreign woman would never do this with an egyptian woman. Woman looking to fullfill an Arabian Knights fantasy should also realize this, Dont you think?????
Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think lumping people into categories and then scoring them on the same card is bullsh*t.

And excuse me, but Thursdays are specifically Arabian Knights fantasy night! You would prefer we cook up some theme that isn't related to either of our cultures and nationalities? FORGET IT, himself is terrible at the Russian accent I wanted for Dr Zhivago nights on Mondays. (yep that was Egypts Omar Sharif as the good Dr.)

What ever happened to being able to freely delight in love and hope and possibility? God help me if my relationships have to please everyone else in the world. Where I'm from, they only really have to suit me.

Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
rumi, I agree with you, there is lots of stereotypes egyptian men and western women. Each thinking the other is at fault, but there are happy stories, I was just following the thread that had moved to relationships
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with you girls. [Big Grin]

Gigolette..........I've quit trying to understand you. You just don't make any sense.

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rumicrazieluv:
quote:
Originally posted by audbod:
It is possible to go on holiday not looking for sex but while you are there find the man of your dreams!

Or the man that nightmares are made of! [Razz] You probably wont know the song, but I know smuckers or shebah will, I think it's called "what happens in mexico stays in mexico" or something like that [Big Grin] I highly doubt that meeting someone on vacation that you have sex with leads to a life long commitment, thats the stuff fantasies and movies are made with, not real life [Roll Eyes] Yes, I know there are woman in this forum who will protest loudly, but most of us know the outcome of these fantasies. Why a woman would get weak in the knees over a bunch of romantic drivel aimed at you by some sweet-talking gigalo who's been knocking knees with countless other vacationing females who are also romance deprived is beyond me.These arent words of love, and anyone who thinks they are have issues.They know what to say to get sex, so they say it.Nope, I definitely prefer an "Under the Tuscan Sun "over" Stella got her groove back" ......
[Big Grin] I know the song. [Big Grin]

(btw, I still think it's 'How Stella got her groove ON'... [Wink] )

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sparkle16
Member # 13047

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sparkle16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
""So you think these luxor and Red Sea Resort boys are having consential sex? And these boys have sex with a foreigner without an expectation of being paid?

Yeah according to Egyptian societal mores having sex without marriage is considered wrong. When you are in Egypt you must behave accordingly.

I have no idea why foreigners think their mores and societal standards reign supreme the world over.""

No, I think one should take into consideration the culture in which they are travelling and I think most woman do when they are travelling in foreign countries for their own safety as well but I really think you are "preaching" to the wrong people, why don't you get on a plane, travel to Egypt with a soap box, stand on the soapbox and tell all those Egyptian men over there that what they are doing is wrong! For someone that is not Egyptian, meeting a man that you like and having consentual sex is OK. It is the men that are going against their religious and cultural beliefs, so why don't you preach to them!!!

Posts: 206 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
''Egyptian societal mores'' hahahaha that phrase always cracks me up. It's like something from a 1930's textbook.

Millions of tourists visit Egypt, as it's a great holiday destination. Winter sun is guaranteed and the country has a rich culture, with lots to see and do. Most women go with partners or husbands, in my experience and neither I nor a single one of my friends has shown interest in modern Egyptian men - ancient toy boys, like Tutankhamun , get most of the attention.

Sono doesn't want to hear about tourists like me. In fact, when I first joined this forum, she falsely but generously allocated me an Egyptian husband. My British husband found this hilarious. Sono's prefers to focus on the tiny minority of tourists who form relationships with Egyptian men. She is happy to ignore that holiday romances happen all over the world, with women marrying men they meet on holiday. There are gigolos in Egypt but as Citizen pointed out, it is such a scandal that it barely merits half a page in 'The Rough Guide: Egypt' (a book of almost a thousand pages). The other 'proof' is one newspaper article on Luxor's gigolo problem, which wasn't backed up with statistical sources.

The plain but sad truth is this obsession is all about Sono's bitterness and desperate need to try and validate a sham marriage to an Egyptian man (who divorced her after getting help with a visa). The gigolo story is Sono's own. The only difference is she didn't get even a taste of romantic or historic Egypt. Her three trips, over the years have been sad journeys, the burden of which she shared with her mother. Four days in Shebin doesn't make anyone an expert of the 'societal mores' of Egypt. Neither does reading obscure books on Africa in the back section of the library.

Everything I have said about Sono here has been based on her own words on ES. Unlike her, I have no need to invent histories for people. I just wish she would quit lying to herself and abandon the fantasy land she has constructed in her head. No one but her actually believes any of it.

Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SWYS, should we add another land to Disneyworld? Sono-land! Where every woman is alloted a young egyptian boy-toy as soon as she enters, to fan her on the plastic felucca boat that travels down Fi-Nile River. Of course there will be a great tribute to Shebin since it appears to be the cultural capital of Egypt. I can only imagine the parades!
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SayWhatYouSee:
''Egyptian societal mores'' hahahaha that phrase always cracks me up. It's like something from a 1930's textbook.

Ahem, where else do you think she gets her info to become the expert she is? Its certainly not from any real experiences in the country.

She is currently showing her expertise on British parliamentary elections over on EM too. Knows much more than any of us Brits. Anyone remember the wedding ring debate? [Big Grin]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist:
the plastic felucca boat that travels down Fi-Nile River.

hahaha [Big Grin]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist:
SWYS, should we add another land to Disneyworld? Sono-land! Where every woman is alloted a young egyptian boy-toy as soon as she enters, to fan her on the plastic felucca boat that travels down Fi-Nile River. Of course there will be a great tribute to Shebin since it appears to be the cultural capital of Egypt. I can only imagine the parades!

Hahaha, Alchemist. Let's not undersell Shebin. It is the cultural capital of Africa and The Middle East now, don't ya know? There is probably a bronze plaque there declaring: 'Sono spent four days here - Shebin rocks' [Razz]
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Ya'll do know I live in Shebin, right? [Wink]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so smucks, is there a bronze plaque in Sono's honour?
Do you understand Egyptian Societal Mores as well as Sono?
Is it really the cultural capital of Africa? [Big Grin] Do you really need a prescription before you can get drugs from the pharmacy? [Razz]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

No there is no plaque
I don't even know what Egyptian societal Mores is??
cultural capitol of africa? Shebin?? hardly~
No, you don't NEED a prescription to get drugs.

SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
Ya'll do know I live in Shebin, right? [Wink]

Yeah, Smuckers but do you live in the Royal Shebin? [Roll Eyes] In this mystical place, Sono's ex's family are practically pharaohs - striding the streets with the confidence of kings. One glance from them and presidential palace doors are flung open. Bureaucrats are made into Sono's personal flunkies and the word of a mysterious, white, staggeringly beautiful, blonde foreigner becomes law.

Do you recognise the real Shebin, Smuckers? Huh? Huh? Huh? [Razz] [Big Grin]

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will the real Shebin please stand up.

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

according to her I have not lived and never did live in shebin (and my husband is also a tour guide). we don't mind that thought, after all, the less she knows about us the better off we probably are (which was the initial intent of our saying that years ago when I joined Es), which is why I don't respond to anything she says anymore (notice it doesn't stop her from attacking and accusing me, easy to do that to a deer that won't fight back, right?)
After all, only a place as happening as shebin would warrent someone to act like they lived here for the last year and a half, I mean it isn't THAT bad but honestly, it isn't that great to want to lie about living here....truly.

SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Smuckers, that sounds like a wise strategy to me. I have absolutely no opinion of Shebin, having never been there. I'm sure it has many positive points and you seem to enjoy life there. It's simply the way Sono describes her ex's family that makes me laugh - not Shebin. I'm pretty sure this applies to most people commenting on Shebin on ES too. [Wink]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

It doesn't bother me really what anyone might say about Shebin, it's just where I live not my status symbol or something (thank God).
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband has family in Shebin tooo... i just found out, now i need to search for gossip and surnames [Smile]
Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by caterpillar:
My husband has family in Shebin tooo... i just found out, now i need to search for gossip and surnames [Smile]

How neat, perhaps we could be related by marriage? [Big Grin]
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be so funny, whats his name? can you pm me, i am desperate to know [Big Grin]
Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam G
Member # 13171

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam G     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ANyone wanna talk about something fun?

--------------------
hi... [Smile] I'm Adam.. damn glad to meet you..

Posts: 58 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com