EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Marriage Between Younger Man & Older Women (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Marriage Between Younger Man & Older Women
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow good answer BLP, so true.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well my son called me the other day and he said he could not handle bein the father and husband kinda guy
go figure!!!i told them he is too young!now he is home and she is heart broken!!she cried to me how much a good guy he is and she loves him soo much
i told her before he moved in with her that i would not last cas mentaly he is still a boy and they should not do it!!but the didnt head my warning!!now she has quit her job to go back to school and he would support them!!
well he left and she has no means of supporting her 3 kids!!what kind of 32 yr old woman would be this stupid to depend on a boy to support them??i guess it takes all kind of women!!
well she is hoping they get back togeather and he has no intentions of this!
he wants to go to college this fall in marshalltown i pray he does wanna really do this so he can make somethin of his self and not be another white american looser!!!
i only want what is best for my son as does all of u who has kids but there is so much a mom can teach their kids
i must let him make his own mistakes.
he told me he doesnt wanna date no more!!i said u can date just dont rush ur 19 u have yr whole life!!
now he has met a wonderful woman online i hope she will give him some good advice and can help him keep track of himself!!
you know who u are girl yr the kindest woman i have met in so long and ur a fear friend!!
he enjoys yr chats and he says yr a beautiful woman and i really appreciate that yal can enjoy eachothers chats!!love ya for that!!yes she is here on es!!
but i wont allow my son in thsi forum!!!
he really likes vaders comments my son thinks yr funny and cool!!
well im happy now he is home and can start doin what is right for him!!

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful news, tina, you see it took your son some time to realize what he really gotten himself into. I am glad that he mentions he wants to go off to study!! [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck for your son huni
hugs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Wonderful news, tina, you see it took your son some time to realize what he really gotten himself into. I am glad that he mentions he wants to go off to study!! [Smile]

thanks sweety im excited finally he realizes hes a boy and not a man mentaly
he thinks with the wrong head sometimes!!!

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Older women are wiser and more stable, i think most young women are not stable these days or may be it was just a bad experience for me i cant generalize but i don't mind at all getting married to an older woman.
Age is just a number.

--------------------
HandsUpHandsDown is that american woman who used to be known as "ana huna" in ES! Strange but true.

Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Yes it is JD

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hye im so glad to hear that for your son Tina..its good for him to go off to study,he is just 19 and he needs to have a good start in life..he is too young to go live & support this woman..and her 3 kids.I have no doubts that she loved him....but how can you make a teenager to take care of your kids..when he isnt mature enough for this huge step.He need to live his life right now..to realise what he wants,to realise what he really needs to do..and to make some important desicions about his own future.If he was 29 maybe she could have some hopes in him of being ready to support her...but even mature man will have some doubts in rising someone else`s kids..and what about 19 years old boy!
Even if he is kind and smart boy...he is not ready for all these obligations..and 3 kids isnt playing!I`m also glad that he realised theres no chance in this relationship..he just need sometime alone..to get along..life goes on and he is so young!Everything will be fine i believe!
Good luck to him ! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them"

Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bastet*Loves*Ptah:
I look forward to being older, when what you look like becomes less and less an issue and what you are is the point.

I shouldn't name it like that. Cosmetic surgery wouldn't be that big when women shouldn't make an issue about how they look.
I think almost every woman would like to look as good as they think they are on the inside.
Nobody likes to be overweighted, have grey hair, a lot of wrinkles, or bodyparts that are liable to the law of the gravitation...

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m.e.
Member # 14680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m.e.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J.D.:
Older women are wiser and more stable, i think most young women are not stable these days or may be it was just a bad experience for me i cant generalize but i don't mind at all getting married to an older woman.
Age is just a number.

Anyone would be older and wiser to you, I'm certain of this. And really, you calling anyone unstable is like calling the kettle black!

I have no issues with age. It's not age that matters...it's maturity. It's people that do not run from responsibility and take charge of their own life instead of blaming everything that happens on someone else.

Posts: 169 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Marshmellow r u having some issue with JD?
Yes Maturity is very important for sure?

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

m.e.
Member # 14680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m.e.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I say we ask dear ol' JD to answer that question. My guess is that he won't. I'd be happy to. [Big Grin]
Posts: 169 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to say just because you get older doesn't mean, you think less of your appearance. We all want to look our best, being with a younger man, I think makes me make a bigger effort because I want to look the best I can for him. I would say it makes me less complacent.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:
I have to say just because you get older doesn't mean, you think less of your appearance. We all want to look our best, being with a younger man, I think makes me make a bigger effort because I want to look the best I can for him. I would say it makes me less complacent.

Do you think you would pay less attention to your appearance when you should be in love with a man that was more 'your age' ?

You're saying it makes you make bigger effort, because he is younger. That means you don't want to look older then him... Something, deep inside of you, doesn't like the fact that people should notice you are older, or he is younger. That's why you are doing your very best to look as young as possible. Why, do you think you do this?
Because of these other people?
Because of him?
Or because of yourself?

Think about it...

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny I knew that would be the response! It's hard to explain ?????. I went through a difficult time a few years back and my appearance took a back seat. I had always been into nice clothes, makeup etc. I looked in the mirror one day and didn't like the way I looked, this was before I was with him. So I started exercising, taking an interest in myself again. That made me feel better and more confident. I don't look like mutton dressed as lamb, I would like to think I'll know how to grow old gracefully! I would have to say that yes him being younger has a bit of an affect. But not in a bad way, I am very secure in our relationship and know how he feels about me and that I have never felt pressure from him to be anything other than who I am. I certainly will not go down the plastic surgery route, I'm too much of a coward! I fel more confortable in myself now than I did in my 20's.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course it's OK - as long as the man isn't young enough to be your son (or old enough to be your father, for that matter). But I DO know that some women can't bear the thought of marrying a man even a couple of years younger than themselves. For me it doesn't matter. Marriage is a bit like lottery anyway.
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:
Funny I knew that would be the response! It's hard to explain ?????. I went through a difficult time a few years back and my appearance took a back seat. I had always been into nice clothes, makeup etc. I looked in the mirror one day and didn't like the way I looked, this was before I was with him. So I started exercising, taking an interest in myself again. That made me feel better and more confident. I don't look like mutton dressed as lamb, I would like to think I'll know how to grow old gracefully! I would have to say that yes him being younger has a bit of an affect. But not in a bad way, I am very secure in our relationship and know how he feels about me and that I have never felt pressure from him to be anything other than who I am. I certainly will not go down the plastic surgery route, I'm too much of a coward! I fel more confortable in myself now than I did in my 20's.

It's natural to feel more comfortable, most women feel so. It is okay, of course, but at the same time it is dangerous. I don't know how much you are into groups of young people.... I train them, so that's why I know... at the same time you feel comfortable and more selfassured, at that same time many of that young people have an opinion about you. The funny thing in this is that they feel more safe when you look as their mother, their aunt, etc.....older!
They expect you to look and behave like that. You are older, so behave like an elderly woman, kind of that...They don't feel comfortable with another attitude as that your age tells them it would be the right attitude....
And that is very strange!
It proves that we all are placing people in kind of boxes with 'age'and 'attitide'on it...
I don't want to take away your selfesteem, or your feeling about yourself, but try to figure out how people are looking at you...
It's interesting!

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Actually most of my friends are my age and older. I'm not someone that is hanging around nightclubs (not my kind of thing, or other halfs!) pretending to be 20 something and trying to be 'pals' with the young things. I have never been aware of being looked at in any other way but as me. I am neither a mother or an aunt and I am certainly not going to behave elderly (whatever that means!) I maybe older but I'm no where near drawing my pension! Yes people are being placed in boxes because of age and that can never be right. When my mum died, there was a murmur from the church congregation, when the minister mentioned her age, she was 78, but looked 68, if not younger, she just looked after herself, my dad as I've said here before was 14 years younger than her. She had a love of life and got on so well with people of all ages like I do. My self esteem is fine and If I follow in my mums footsteps I'll be very proud.
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J.D.:
Age is just a number.

Would you walk down your family's street and introduce this older woman to everyone you know? Could you live with this older woman in the same neighborhood you grew up in?

Young women these days are alot more stable and mature than they were 20 years ago. But this applies to the west not the Arab world. For the idiots in Eastern Europe; Paris, Nicole, Lindsey and Britney are not your typical American young women so get that out of your head fast. [Roll Eyes]

Then again the women of your mother's generation 20 years ago had to be more stable and independant than young women of Egypt today. Recovering from the 68' and 73' war forced young women to make choices that young women today don't have to make.

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Eastern-Europe idiots..... [Confused]
Ever had an issue with somebody from Eastern-Europe, RM? This is as ridiculous as thinking Paris, Britney and all these other bimbo's are typical American...

Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bettyN:
BLP - a cultural thing? Mohammed had a wife 25 years older Khadega wasn't that her name? Guess you not muslim.

It was an exceptional relationship that endured alot of social consequences.

The Final Prophet (PBUH) and his wife endured alot of ridicule because of the age difference and because he was an orphan, she was quite wealthy.

His ability to withstand social pariah-hood of his misfit marriage defined his entrance as a Prophet.

Khadija and the Final Prophet's marriage was bizarre and unacceptable in Arab bedion culture, moreso since Khadija hadn't had children in previous marriage.

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
Eastern-Europe idiots..... [Confused]
Ever had an issue with somebody from Eastern-Europe, RM? This is as ridiculous as thinking Paris, Britney and all these other bimbo's are typical American...

what I had stated was "idiots in Eastern Europe".

I've noticed a increase in references to the bimbos of Hollywood when a Eastern European is discussing the USA or American women.

Yes I've had issues with people from Eastern Europe, and Africa, India, East Asia.

There is such a bizarre convoluted view of the US that Eastern Europeans have possibly due to the "human trafficing trade" for the sex industry. Pushers and pimps promise girls the chance to be Britney, Lindsey and Paris as part of their promotional package. [Wink]

Women from Africa, India and East Asia see the benefits of residency/citizenship in the USA in regards to education, infastructure, career advancements, personal freedom; but not a chance to be the next Britney Spears! [Big Grin]

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Yeah, that happens, I know. As also women from Africa and South-America, the poor countries...
As also children are used to make illegal movies...
As also they are offered as part of a one-package deal in the touristic area's in Turkey and Egypt...
India, do you what happens in India????
In all countries where poverty is the norm, these things happen.
And all countries that are acting on a higher income level, are 'the market'.
As Western Europe. As the United States. As Canada and Australia.
Humanity still is able to do horrible things, and it proves that we are not as civilised as we claim to be...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reality_Meanie:
quote:
Mohammed had a wife 25 years older Khadega wasn't that her name?

The Final Prophet (PBUH) and his wife endured alot of ridicule because of the age difference and because he was an orphan, she was quite wealthy.

His ability to withstand social pariah-hood of his misfit marriage defined his entrance as a Prophet.

Khadija and the Final Prophet's marriage was bizarre and unacceptable in Arab bedion culture, moreso since Khadija hadn't had children in previous marriage.

There is not one shred of evidence for any of these assertions; they should all therefore be disregarded.

There was roughly 15 years difference between their ages.

Not only was the Prophet (peace be upon him) highly regarded for his character and family prior to his marriage to Khadijah, his marriage to her improved his social status as she was a wealthy, well-respected business woman, also from a good family, who was devoted to and dearly loved by her husband.

Their marriage was not ridiculed by anyone, not even his enemies.

Khadijah had at least three sons by her first husband: Hind, Tahir, and Halah.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabethN
Member # 14096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabethN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that's what my husband says too. What reality said was soooooooooooo not true
Posts: 1369 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
M_A_Z_E_N
Member # 14409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for M_A_Z_E_N   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Old is gold.

--------------------
!!!!!!!!

Posts: 90 | From: ! | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
quote:
quote:
Mohammed had a wife 25 years older Khadega wasn't that her name?

There is not one shred of evidence for any of these assertions; they should all therefore be disregarded.

There was roughly 15 years difference between their ages.

Not only was the Prophet (peace be upon him) highly regarded for his character and family prior to his marriage to Khadijah, his marriage to her improved his social status as she was a wealthy, well-respected business woman, also from a good family, who was devoted to and dearly loved by her husband.

Their marriage was not ridiculed by anyone, not even his enemies.

Khadijah had at least three sons by her first husband: Hind, Tahir, and Halah.

My "assertions" are wrong according to you.

Show me in the Quran where its stated that their marriage wasn't ridiculed?

There are so many reverts who want to pretend that the Final Prophet did not face any form of social ostracization from the tribes of Arabia. Few details in the Quran will shed light on how the Final Prophet was percieved by non-believers, why should it?

By the way Khadijah had a second husband Ateeq ibn `Aaith, are you aware of her children with Ateeq?

Newcomer you don't know Arabic, you are not an academic scholar who has studied the sources which recount the events during the lifetime of the Final Prophet.

But hey why shouldn't I take the word of an anonymous stranger on the internet over acredited scholars who have spent a lifetime studying Arab history, Islamic studies and the life of the Final Prophet himself.

Preferably I'll put my support behind someone who has dedicated their life to this field of research and study, not an anonymous character on the internet.

Especially when you had the views of young Arab women and Arab societal norms as you have. Remember the 7 page thread over the Eid attacks?

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
My "assertions" are wrong according to you.

Show me in the Quran where its stated that their marriage wasn't ridiculed?

There are so many reverts who want to pretend that the Final Prophet did not face any form of social ostracization from the tribes of Arabia. Few details in the Quran will shed light on how the Final Prophet was percieved by non-believers, why should it?

By the way Khadijah had a second husband Ateeq ibn `Aaith, are you aware of her children with Ateeq?

Newcomer you don't know Arabic, you are not an academic scholar who has studied the sources which recount the events during the lifetime of the Final Prophet.

But hey why shouldn't I take the word of an anonymous stranger on the internet over acredited scholars who have spent a lifetime studying Arab history, Islamic studies and the life of the Final Prophet himself.

Preferably I'll put my support behind someone who has dedicated their life to this field of research and study, not an anonymous character on the internet.

Especially when you had the views of young Arab women and Arab societal norms as you have. Remember the 7 page thread over the Eid attacks?

Khadijah was married 3 times, the first husband is the one she has 3 sons with, the second husband was Ateeq ibn `Aaidh. The only other sons she had were the prophet Muhammed's 2 sons that died, the rest of her children were daughters. Muhammed married her when she was 40 and he was 25, 15 years before his prophethood started.

Sono, please get your facts right, you cant change history just by insisting you are right on ES. If you are studying accredited scholars, then you should actually read what they say. If they are saying she was 25 years older and their marriage was ridiculed, and that she had sons by her second husband, then you should post which scholars and where you got that wrong information from, not be shouting for proof from Quran to refute your 'assertions' which are obviously faulty.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steampower
Member # 14048

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for steampower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
older women dating younger men. Although older men dating younger women has long been socially acceptable (or at least commonplace in many cities), older women are now dating younger men in record numbers. It may be a trend on the upswing: Thanks to higher divorce rates and higher percentages of people who have never married, today 40 percent of the 97 million Americans 45 or older are single. Research on dating habits of these 40-plus singles is sparse, but according to a September 2003 AARP survey of 3,500 older singles, 34 percent of women in the 40-to-69 age group date younger men. And 14 percent of women age 50 to 59 say they prefer dating men in their 40s or younger.

According to the AARP survey, respondents cited fun and companionship as the main reasons for dating. Of the respondents -- 56 of whom had been married in the past -- only 8 percent said they were looking for marriage. Nonetheless, more than one in 10 of these relationships leads to marriage: The most recent Census Bureau figures show that in the year 2000, 12 percent of all marriages were between older women and younger men.

Women dating younger men said they appreciated the strength, humor, openness, youth, and passion of their partners. What do the men get? that although some of the attraction may be predicated on the mystique of the older woman, appeal to younger men was based not just on chemistry but on "the luxury of having a finished person. they got great cooking, a settled home, and a bonding of souls.

Whether this kind of romance leads to a happy marriage, of course, may depend on luck or destiny.

If an higher number of older women date younger men and everyone dates one person at time we will see an increase in the number of older man dating younger women since we have more or less the same number of men and women.
Posts: 41 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by steampower:
quote:
older women dating younger men. Although older men dating younger women has long been socially acceptable (or at least commonplace in many cities), older women are now dating younger men in record numbers. It may be a trend on the upswing: Thanks to higher divorce rates and higher percentages of people who have never married, today 40 percent of the 97 million Americans 45 or older are single. Research on dating habits of these 40-plus singles is sparse, but according to a September 2003 AARP survey of 3,500 older singles, 34 percent of women in the 40-to-69 age group date younger men. And 14 percent of women age 50 to 59 say they prefer dating men in their 40s or younger.

According to the AARP survey, respondents cited fun and companionship as the main reasons for dating. Of the respondents -- 56 of whom had been married in the past -- only 8 percent said they were looking for marriage. Nonetheless, more than one in 10 of these relationships leads to marriage: The most recent Census Bureau figures show that in the year 2000, 12 percent of all marriages were between older women and younger men.

Women dating younger men said they appreciated the strength, humor, openness, youth, and passion of their partners. What do the men get? that although some of the attraction may be predicated on the mystique of the older woman, appeal to younger men was based not just on chemistry but on "the luxury of having a finished person. they got great cooking, a settled home, and a bonding of souls.

Whether this kind of romance leads to a happy marriage, of course, may depend on luck or destiny.

If an higher number of older women date younger men and everyone dates one person at time we will see an increase in the number of older man dating younger women since we have more or less the same number of men and women.
Thats been going on forever!! and no one gave a damn about that. It still goes on now and all you get is men saying 'lucky sod' to the old boy. [Big Grin] [Wink]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amrssnowangel
Member # 6789

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for amrssnowangel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My younger SO and I have talked in depth about our age difference and how it could impact our lives later down the road. He will be much younger in my end years...his theory is that if he became gravely ill or in accident in 10 years..would I just leave him? Isn't marriage a commitment between two people to stay together for better or worse? Through all that life brings? I'd never enter into marriage with a younger man with blinders on. All younger men will have some maturing to do of some sort...and their life experiences aren't what an older woman would have. The key is in both being willing and able to accept this difference. for the older woman not to "mother" him. Let him learn...let him live. Its his choice to take your experiences and learn from them...but an older woman has to be willing to allow him his time to grown and learn lifes lessons as he normally would in any loving marriage. Just my opinion. It works for us...thats all I can say.
Posts: 100 | From: Fredericksburg, VA, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by amrssnowangel:
My younger SO and I have talked in depth about our age difference and how it could impact our lives later down the road. He will be much younger in my end years...his theory is that if he became gravely ill or in accident in 10 years..would I just leave him? Isn't marriage a commitment between two people to stay together for better or worse? Through all that life brings? I'd never enter into marriage with a younger man with blinders on. All younger men will have some maturing to do of some sort...and their life experiences aren't what an older woman would have. The key is in both being willing and able to accept this difference. for the older woman not to "mother" him. Let him learn...let him live. Its his choice to take your experiences and learn from them...but an older woman has to be willing to allow him his time to grown and learn lifes lessons as he normally would in any loving marriage. Just my opinion. It works for us...thats all I can say.

very nicely put.i feel the same way. ;)thank you for your opinion
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amrssnowangel
Member # 6789

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for amrssnowangel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[/qb][/QUOTE]very nicely put.i feel the same way. ;)thank you for your opinion [/QB][/QUOTE]

Thank you. I think its all a matter of what one is willing to do/can do and what one is not willing to do. Thats why some can handle age gap relationships while others can not. If you find someone compatible...thats what counts first..that solid foundation. My body may be 43...but my heart, soul, beliefs, values and personality have no age... Ilove my younger man. He's more mature in alot of ways than I am. Keeps me focused and my feet on the ground. And he is a good hearted man. He has great morals and values..never has asked for money..never has disrespected me by being alone with me...never has laid a hand on me...never has insisted on moving to usa..never talks about visa....never talks about better opportunities here.....he woulnd't even look at a pair of panty hose i was selling on ebay because it was modeled on a womans legs...stated its not his right...only I am as his wife. If Im sick he sits with me...If im sad he makes me laugh...we share same interests..and he'd be the first to tell you Im like a little girl...sooooo...it works...for us....

Posts: 100 | From: Fredericksburg, VA, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you sound like you are married to my husband [Big Grin] :)we are only 8 years difference but he is and acts older then me . i call him my old fart, he just laughs
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabethN
Member # 14096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabethN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
steampower I thought I remember hearing that their are more women on earth then men. So we out number them. How do you analysis that now? Just curious cause enjoyed your post. [Smile]
Posts: 1369 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabethN
Member # 14096

it is sooooooooooooo hard not to mother anyone for me. It's my nature being half italian.
amrssnowangel
Member # 6789

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by elizabethN:
it is sooooooooooooo hard not to mother anyone for me. It's my nature being half italian.

Well I feel that if a couple are happy with the wife being the "mothering" type...then thats their business...as long as they are happy. But not all men want mothered...but when you think about it...lol...aren't ALL wives mothers to their husbands a bit? What do moms do? Cook, clean, care for, give emotional support, guide, give advice...and more...is that not what we do for our husbands??
elizabethN
Member # 14096

exactly.
elizabethN
Member # 14096

Desperate housewives
turn Egypt upside down
Young Arab men fall for, marry
older, foreign, wealthy tourists

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: March 20, 2007
1:00 am Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily.com

Wealthy Western tourists are attracted to the ancient ruins of Luxor, Egypt.
Muslim clerics around the world preach against the temptations of the West ? meaning movies, music, television and other cultural influences.

But some in Egypt worry about a more direct threat to their social structure and traditions ? older, foreign, wealthy, female tourists who are dazzling their young men and stealing their hearts.

In other words, real-life "Desperate Housewives" are invading the nation of the pyramids and turning the country upside down.

Authorities in the city of Luxor, where some 40 percent of young men are married to Western women, recently launched a new campaign designed to provide incentives to stick with local women.

Dr. Samir Faraj, who heads the Luxor municipality, explained to Al Sharq Al Awsat the main reason behind the marriages of young Egyptian men and the aging westerners ? including many in their 40s and 50s ? is for financial security.

Luxor is one of several Upper Egyptian cities struggling with poverty. But it also attracts tourists from across the world to its ancient ruins. Egypt last year drew an estimated 9 million tourists.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
great!! keep them tourists coming in [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com