EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Now it's complicated (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Now it's complicated
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CairoStudent:

He has no life here, no future. He will leave!!

True!!

I am glad that you took the necessary step!!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HandsUpHandsDown
Member # 15410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HandsUpHandsDown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rules are easily broken when it comes to abducted children and foreign countries and it happens every day. Do not give him any access to take your son back to Egypt. I am glad my son doesn't have his bio father listed on his birth certificate. My state also has rules about custody while the women is pregnant. I am so glad for that. He will never get his hands on my boy.

Cosmo, you need to guard that little boy with everything you have. Save yourself the heartbreak that would be way worse than losing a spouse through divorce. Being paranoid over this is better than being nonchalant about it and something bad happens.

Posts: 246 | From: but one life to live | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magdy_salem
Member # 15728

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for magdy_salem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The family will pressure him to get the boy.
Posts: 133 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caterpilla
Member # 16147

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caterpilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://international-divorce.com/egypt_child_abduction.htm

Oh look, surprise surprise Americans abduct children from Egyptian partners.

Yeah, I'm sure you right, better to stop the child having anything to do with his father because Egyptians always abduct their children...Funny how so many women have children with them, considering this fact isn't it.

Come to think of it, why are you all here? If Egyptians are such terrible people, why are most of you sleeping with them? Oh thats right, to WARN everyone right?

You know Cosmo, its interesting how you were never concerned about abduction prior to your husband having an affair. In fact, I seem to remember you being rather 'my life is so perfect' and judging eveyone else as being stupid, including MD. You used to go on about how there was no cultural differences and you two had it all worked out just fine. Never mentioned how he was such a bad man, bad father and potential abducter did you?

Posts: 431 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pillar are you in a really mood today?

[Confused] [Eek!]

Cosmo all i can say is that i am really sorry for everything you have been through. Think carefully about your (and your little ones)future. I am sure deep down you know the answer to your questions. YOU only know him, so i am sure you know what he is capable of. Good luck!

Pillar - i am here (sometimes) because i have a wonderful husband, he so happens to be Egyptain [Wink]

Take care all [Wink]

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by magdy_salem:

Sure they will. I never understood why it is necasarry to take away a child from the society where it has been born and raised, where it has friends, relatives from mother's side, where it is used to. "It belongs to the family, it is ours" is the only exploination I ever heard about it. Magdy, please can you explain us more about the reasons why?
Also in Egypt there are family-laws, and are children with the mother in case of divorce, untill a certain age. Also in Egypt there are divorced fathers, never meeting their children, because the mother is frustrating all attempts, just like in Europe.
Also in Egypt there are judges, making decisions in the childs benefit.
In spite of that, this kind of behaviour from families is going in against all these regulations.
Can you tell us more about the way they think?

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pillar:

Yeah, I'm sure you right, better to stop the child having anything to do with his father because Egyptians always abduct their children...Funny how so many women have children with them, considering this fact isn't it.

Come to think of it, why are you all here? If Egyptians are such terrible people, why are most of you sleeping with them? Oh thats right, to WARN everyone right?

You know Cosmo, its interesting how you were never concerned about abduction prior to your husband having an affair. In fact, I seem to remember you being rather 'my life is so perfect' and judging eveyone else as being stupid, including MD. You used to go on about how there was no cultural differences and you two had it all worked out just fine. Never mentioned how he was such a bad man, bad father and potential abducter did you?

It's hypocrite, I agree. As long as majority here is in a relationship, or is preparing to step into a relationship, or has expierenced relationship(s)---Yes, Egyptian men seem to work addictive----, as soon as anything goes wrong, they joinly enumerate the bad habits in the same group of men. In the meanwhile there are thousands of dramatic stories here, nevertheless the "but mine is different","follow your heart" and "you only live once" advices are more heard as the ones who point out at the possible consequences of such a relationship.
Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caterpilla
Member # 16147

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caterpilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by happybunny:
Pillar are you in a really mood today?

[Confused] [Eek!]

Cosmo all i can say is that i am really sorry for everything you have been through. Think carefully about your (and your little ones)future. I am sure deep down you know the answer to your questions. YOU only know him, so i am sure you know what he is capable of. Good luck!

Pillar - i am here (sometimes) because i have a wonderful husband, he so happens to be Egyptain [Wink]

Take care all [Wink]

Yeah I'm in a 'I dont suffer fools gladly' mood anyway, just be careful your Egyptian man doesn't abduct your kids if he upsets you. [Wink]
Posts: 431 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Cosmo has not mentioned abduction AT ALL, everyone else has, but Cosmo has NOT.

Cosmo also has already said why she made everything appear ok in her original post, which seems to have been deleted, it did not need bringing up again. There are many women here who prefer to paint a picture more 'rosy' than it actually is arent there? [Wink]

If you look back to page 2 I think you will find it was an Egyptian MAN who first mentioned abducting the child.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magdy_salem
Member # 15728

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for magdy_salem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
quote:
Originally posted by magdy_salem:

Sure they will. I never understood why it is necasarry to take away a child from the society where it has been born and raised, where it has friends, relatives from mother's side, where it is used to. "It belongs to the family, it is ours" is the only exploination I ever heard about it. Magdy, please can you explain us more about the reasons why?
Also in Egypt there are family-laws, and are children with the mother in case of divorce, untill a certain age. Also in Egypt there are divorced fathers, never meeting their children, because the mother is frustrating all attempts, just like in Europe.
Also in Egypt there are judges, making decisions in the childs benefit.
In spite of that, this kind of behaviour from families is going in against all these regulations.
Can you tell us more about the way they think?

If he is one who wants to do that it is from family and from the fact that the mother is not Muslim. Its not a hopeless situation but could happen.
Posts: 133 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
But the fact that a child has been born and raised abroad, in another religion, for years and years, does not change their point of view?
I can consider there also will be something as "the childs wellfare". I cannot imagine that it would be the childs wellfare to transfer it into another country, culture, life-circumstances, far away from what the child is used to. No matter how good the new family will be, it is not in the childs benefit!

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

magdy_salem
Member # 15728

Rate Member
How old is the child a baby? I do not mean to agree just to tell you the POV of Egyptian family maybe. You debate something not worth debating i am telling you how they think right or wrong or if you agree or not.
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
You are misunderstanding. I'm not debating it with you because I consider you as a representative to this opinions, I want to understand what is in these familes mind. In my case the child was 11. No hard feelings, okay?

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

MoDeStY
Member # 5554

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MoDeStY   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
hell do what all the other americans do tell him the child is not his........

[Eek!] I hope you are not being serious [Big Grin]
Posts: 122 | From: Sweden + Misr | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
????? quoted "In my case the child was 11"

wow ????? did this happen to you? I have a daughter who is 11 (son 12, daughter 4). i cannot comprehend how i would feel. [Frown] [Frown] So sorry

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MoDeStY
Member # 5554

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MoDeStY   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
<Just saying if wasn't possible, international child abductions wouldn't exist!>

And there are quite a significant number of those,specially by fathers of Arabic origins. [Frown]
I personally know of 2 cases that either the mother had to flee Egypt before her child was born so as to avoid her husband from requesting the child custody later.The other,a female physician were i work has kept her 2 children with something like guardians when shes out to work,because her ex Arabic husband is demanding the custody of the children at all cost,and to take them to live with him in Saudi or Jordan,not sure which of those two countries.

Oh my, after all that drama why some do some western women never seams to get any wiser? Yes all arab men will tab3n kidnap your child! [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 122 | From: Sweden + Misr | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magdy_salem
Member # 15728

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
You are misunderstanding. I'm not debating it with you because I consider you as a representative to this opinions, I want to understand what is in these familes mind. In my case the child was 11. No hard feelings, okay?

I understand so do not worry no hard feelings.
But also I do not represent all I just give my opinion from what I know and see.

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by happybunny:
????? quoted "In my case the child was 11"

wow ????? did this happen to you? I have a daughter who is 11 (son 12, daughter 4). i cannot comprehend how i would feel. [Frown] [Frown] So sorry

No, it didnt happen to me, my husband is not Egyptian and my children are adult. I know this case, but it wasn't a kidnap either. Just the fact that the fathers family wanted the child with them, while it had been born and raised in Europe. I cannot imagine this would benefit the child, even when she should be treated in a good way...
Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have an 18 month old son, I have no doubt that his father loves him deeply, and he loves his father. In fact.. I LOVED HIS FATHER DEEPLY. But I couldn't have predicted all the strangers he would bring into our marriage, or all the problems he would create within our marriage just to continue those relationships. All of which were secret from me, except for the part of my original marriage that had gone missing. The parts of his love that originalloy went to me, were being parceled out, and that injusry was all I knew.

Yes he loves his son, but he loves himself more. In the child support hearing, he sobbed to the judge about how much he loves Amer, but he just doesn't want to have to pay any support. One day after he bought himself a convertaible BMW coupe. I am not concerned about him taking Amer away from me. I am not worried about it for a second. What broke me is that he took HIMSELF away from me, and didn't have the manners to tell me it was coming. Further he now expects that he can walk right back in to where he left off, and I will just suck it up.
Pillar, I have said before that the problem wasnt his nationality, it was HIM, as a person. And guess what, when I wrote that we were hunky dory.. I THOUGHT WE WERE. I thought we had problems like any other couple but in the core we were solid. We had a new baby.. that makes anyone wonky.. but I had no idea that my marriage was as unhealthy as It shows itself to be. You want to knee jerk.. well kiss my ass. I never said we had no cultural differences, and I never held our relationship above any others. In fact I was very open about the issues we faced, and the wways I sought to solve them. What I didn't know was that once I got pregnant my husband would take a second wife!

Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

I agree totally ?????. [Wink] I do think though as magdy says that it has something to do with religon. Being that the most likelyhood of a child without their father around would be raised in the faith of the mother, if that mother were not muslim the familes would object.

I think in these kinds of cases the childs needs come secondary, sadly. [Frown]

WB Cosmo [Wink] Take care

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CG... your story could so easily be about a man and a woman living in London or New York within the same culture... how naive people can be to assume that all issues between an Egyptian man and a western woman revolves around culture!!!

Good luck CG with your future. Put the past behind you and leave it there. [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont think he will abduct the kid.
this guy sounds too much like my ex...all the way down to the child support hearing. claims he cant pay yet takes the old heiffer he married to jamaica cuz his family refuses to meet her right?
bwm, trip to jamaica, same sh*t.

this man, well, these men, they arent damn smart enough to do this, especially these days with all the security stuff. the only men i really see taking off are the extremely religious ones with education and stuff, not poor boys who cant control their zibs and dress like a disco god.

he cried in court he dont want to pay....,is he fukking for real? is he was a real man he wouldnt even need court, he would just do it.
i have a friend from alexandria, he has a daughter with his ex american wife. that man he pays this womans rent untilities and car just so that his daughter has a comfortable life. this is his son and he dont wanna pay? oh but he will treat his bitch mistress to gold and all kinds of delights right?
hahahaha i would grab his balls thru that court system like you wouldnt believe. fukk love, fukk what he needs, dont ever give a man what he wont give you.
was he fukkin lovin you when he was sliding his zib into that bitch...the same damn dikk that made ur son? NO!
was he standing by your side when you waited at nights for him and he was in her bed KNOWING u were waiting and didnt care?! NOPE!

why you gonna give him it then???? why man?
he may seem sorry and appreciative inside but listen to me, in his head, and i mean listen to me cuz im a player myself, he is thinking, 'hahahahaha i always get my way.' and he is gonna continue to play you like a fiddle and think that you are either desprate or love him way too much to ever leave, but that will never stop him...he will just be more careful thats all. the long secret relationship will only morph into frequent one night stands.

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MD, he says I am "too much tayeba". And this guy really thinks he is going to control and steer all of this.

But he isn't. I deserve better, and have put into motion all the legal mechanisms I need. All I have to do is sit and wait it out. He THINKS he can tell me what to say or do in court, but no. At least give me credit for knowing the name of his game now.. and for knowing that I can play it better and smarter than he can because Im not covering up lies.. I'm just working the system to my advantage. And to a degree I am enjoying watching him squirm and freakout. I am getting stronger with time, and help. He is getting weaker.

Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Oh ok, I'll just type what many are probably thinking about his piss-poor sorry excuse of a coward with a new user account.

B*ch.

Really, you just are.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MoDeStY:
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
<Just saying if wasn't possible, international child abductions wouldn't exist!>

And there are quite a significant number of those,specially by fathers of Arabic origins. [Frown]
I personally know of 2 cases that either the mother had to flee Egypt before her child was born so as to avoid her husband from requesting the child custody later.The other,a female physician were i work has kept her 2 children with something like guardians when shes out to work,because her ex Arabic husband is demanding the custody of the children at all cost,and to take them to live with him in Saudi or Jordan,not sure which of those two countries.

Oh my, after all that drama why some do some western women never seams to get any wiser? Yes all arab men will tab3n kidnap your child! [Roll Eyes]
Oh my. Why, after all the money their fathers spent on their education and after all the different cultures they've been exposed to from their privileged travels, do some egyption* women never "seams to get any wiser?" Yes all western women are immoral, unveiled sluts.

(disclaimer: i have my doubts this woman is Egyptian and i'm very sorry if she is; we have so few on here, it's sad this is the type that ends up being the loudmouth)

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ExptinCAI, its not Egyptian, its not Swedish either apparently.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CairoStudent
Member # 10528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CairoStudent   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When exactly is your window opening for the I-751 Form? Is it already open?

You are aware he can go behind your back and make an application to waive the requirement to file the joint application. His grounds would be the extreme hardship caused by being separated from his child.

An active divorce proceedings could prevent this... if the divorce was actually officially served and an affidavit exists and has gotten to USCIS. (People usually get around this by hiding out until after the 751 window closes, until divorce finalized, then they make the application to waive the joint application, which automatically extends his status until the 751 is decided)

Do you think he is getting any legal advice from anyone on this?

Also, the removal order does not prevent him from ever coming back to America. It would make getting a B1 / B2 visa difficult. Your eventual adult son could however successfully sponsor him one day.

Posts: 214 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caterpilla
Member # 16147

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
quote:

Oh ok, I'll just type what many are probably thinking about his piss-poor sorry excuse of a coward with a new user account.

B*ch.

Really, you just are.

Oh now you have hurt my feelings [Razz]
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
quote:

B*ch.

Really, you just are.

Oh now you have hurt my feelings [Razz]
so what's the user name you normally post with?

some of us can't be bothered to keep a record.

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
u know child abduction isnt only men from other countries.. i was watchin the fbi channed and this man he stole his daughters 19 yrs ago and moved from mich to florida.. their mom was said to be dead.. so the girls didnt think nothin of it.. well after 19 yrs he got rich off women and the mom finally found them but they didnt know her..sure child abduction happens to anyone.. but it doesnt make it right...any country etc...just be thank full the fathers stole them and not that ring of children runners that sell them for sex...

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cloudberry
Member # 11163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cloudberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and it's not only men that take their children - women too. It's just that often it is seen as acceptable because somehow people think children "belong" to the mother. Sure, many dads can be lousy dads but often not! (Am talking about normal parents -dads, mothers- not about abusive ones.)
Posts: 758 | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com