EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Should I let my husband take our daughter to Egypt for 3 weeks? (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Should I let my husband take our daughter to Egypt for 3 weeks?
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hubby went this morning. Now it is just me and daughter and morning,day,and evening sickness
Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure
Member # 12244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope u feel better soon.
Posts: 319 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by madame f:
Hubby went this morning. Now it is just me and daughter and morning,day,and evening sickness

I also hope the symptoms will lessen soon. Which weak are you in right now??

I don't know why it's called morning sickness. During my first pregnancy - with my only daughter - I felt sick and nauseous the whole day.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am in week 9 now. I feel completely exhausted, I can´t even vacuum or do anything and it is like I have run a marathon. Then I feel nauseous and dizzy but when I eat I feel I want to throw everything up yet I feel hungry all the time....
Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:

I don't know why it's called morning sickness. During my first pregnancy - with my only daughter - I felt sick and nauseous the whole day.

I had the same with my daughter. An old-women's saying is that it is connected to girls pregnancies. So, if they're right, Madame F is going to get a daughter!
Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HandsUpHandsDown
Member # 15410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HandsUpHandsDown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with QMs!
Posts: 246 | From: but one life to live | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm having a boy and have had the easiest pregnancy in the world (so far). Really no exhaustion or sickness, just appetite loss in the early stages. So, maybe there is something to the oldwives tale.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

I hope not, this is supposed to be a boy!

My first pregnancy was easier and that was a girl!

Maybe it is the opposite with me.

Tibe still working
Member # 16647

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe still working   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

[Confused] [Eek!] [Confused] [Frown] [Confused]

Healthy!! has always been my main concern - GENDER DOESNT MATTER [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1325 | From: For tooti http://www.csa.gov.uk/ | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get-over-it
Member # 8447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for get-over-it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe still working:
quote:

[Confused] [Eek!] [Confused] [Frown] [Confused]

Healthy!! has always been my main concern - GENDER DOESNT MATTER [Roll Eyes]

[Frown] I agree
Posts: 172 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Well if it turns out to be your second girl you know you have to get busy again later on! [Wink] All the best.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
How is a baby supposed to be anything? [Confused]
Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe still working
Member # 16647

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe still working   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by weirdkitty:
quote:
How is a baby supposed to be anything? [Confused]
Exactly [Confused] - other than healthy and happy [Smile] Must be a cultural thing i dont understand [Confused]
Posts: 1325 | From: For tooti http://www.csa.gov.uk/ | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

My first pregnancy was easier and that was a girl!

Maybe it is the opposite with me.

]Originally posted by madame f:
[QB] I hope not, this is supposed to be a boy!

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Oh please will all of you get of your high horses!!! Like no woman has ever said something like this!!!
I have a daughter and saying that it would be lovely to have a boy this time around is such a huge crime!!!???? Did I say that I wouldn´t welcome another girl if it is a girl????
Aren´t you all the perfect little PC women...my god...

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of [Confused] [Eek!] [Roll Eyes] again.
When couples already are having a child from one gender, their secret wish often is the other gender. They all say that health is the most important, and it is, but that doesn't mean they can't have preferances...

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
I have no problem with people having a preference, but saying a baby is "supposed" to be something, isn't exactly the same as saying "it would be nice if it was a..."

--------------------
Another one....

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Yes, but I think this is a case of the wrong choice of words, and not because of something negative. It happens everyone, specially when the native language isn't English. No big deal...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

anthropos
Member # 9410

Exactly, thank you Questionmarks.
Tibe still working
Member # 16647

Rate Member
I find it fun to have both a girl and a boy. I love them both just as much. I never had any preference towards gender - maybe because my best friend has a son that is extremely handicapped and i have seen her daily struggle. I know my exhusband wanted a boy during my second pregnany (and it was a boy) but i didnt wish for anything but healthy- didnt wanna "become disapointed" uuyyyvv that sounded nasty....
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
madame F don't worry about the 'old wives' tales I was sick the whole 9 months 24/7 and had a baby boy....gosh that baby turned 21 last saturday where oh where does the time go.

Take care you don't get dehydrated..food does not matter so much but lack of water is dangerous I ended up in hospital on a drip several times.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
I had three boys in a row and gosh didn't I wish for another girl. Up to this day I kept all little clothes of my daughter. Oh well my smallest son still looks like a girl so I can't complain. [Wink]

Hehe the Egyptians all loved that little cute 'bent' while we were on holidays in Hurghada [Big Grin] and were actually surprised when I told them it's actually a boy. Long hair = girl - that's how they think.

I think overall being married to an Egyptian - to an Arab in general - puts women under lot of pressure to give birth to a boy.

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
quote:
I think overall being married to an Egyptian - to an Arab in general - puts women under lot of pressure to give birth to a boy.
When I had a doctors appointment in Cairo after finding out I was pregnant, he asked what we wanted. Of course we both said we didn't care, and he said that upper Egyptians all want boys. So, just wondering if it was more of an upper Egyptian thing than lower, as Sam never had a preference (at least not that he told me).

--------------------
Another one....

Tibe still working
Member # 16647

Rate Member
Funny thing is that many of the egyptian men think there is something wrong with the woman if she doesnt give birth to boys. They dont realize that it their sperm that desides the gender - not the female egg.
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if only baby boys were born, then pretty soon the human race would die out !!

duh .... some men are really thick
[Smile]

Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also it makes more sense to have girls in the Arab culture as it would mean lots of dowery [Big Grin]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
When I had a doctors appointment in Cairo after finding out I was pregnant, he asked what we wanted. Of course we both said we didn't care, and he said that upper Egyptians all want boys. So, just wondering if it was more of an upper Egyptian thing than lower, as Sam never had a preference (at least not that he told me).
I don't think so. My friend's husband is from Cairo too and finally they had a boy after three girls - oh was she HAPPY and more so RELIEVED! No more babies!!
get-over-it
Member # 8447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for get-over-it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have no problem with people having a preference, but saying a baby is "supposed" to be something, isn't exactly the same as saying "it would be nice if it was a..."

Me too - I had a problem with the 'I hope not' part too. I'm not on any kind of high horse, but honestly, a healthy baby that you get to keep and watch grow up is far more important than anything else.

We had a girl first and now have a boy, and I can honestly say that uppermost in my husband's mind was that our baby would be healthy, rather than born with bits between its legs...

Posts: 172 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cloudberry
Member # 11163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cloudberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I often read that many people get offended if you say "I don't mind if it's a boy or a girl as long as it is healthy". I can understand this especially if you have had "more or less" disabled children. Because, even if you have a healthy baby to take home, a lot of problems can arise when the baby is growing, maybe after a year or few years. So if you are wishing for a healthy baby/child you can really never be at ease.

If you think of it, it (this sentence) kind of indicates that you would love the baby girl or a boy, but if s/he was disabled you wouldn't love so much. Of course if s/he is very severely disabled that can mean early death and painful life but for example down syndrome kids are very lively and happy children [Smile]

Posts: 758 | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
No, that depends on the person, and I can know, because I've expierenced it. I still wish people a haelthy baby, but that doesn't mean I loved mine less as a healthy one...
A wish is supposed to be positive, and actually nobody is even thinking about the fact that their baby can be disabled. We know that it happens, but not with us...
If we would, the pregancy would be a time of fear...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was horribly ill with my first pg and I had a boy. These are old wives tales.

quote:
Originally posted by Questionmarks:
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:

I had the same with my daughter. An old-women's saying is that it is connected to girls pregnancies. So, if they're right, Madame F is going to get a daughter!

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caitlin
Member # 16803

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caitlin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello,

my husband wants to do the same, i can not understand why he would want to go without you. why leave you?

what sort of man would contimplate taking a child from his mother, he should wait especially summer, really hot. he should plan for winter months when you cna all go together.

you might think i am rude but does he have something to hide. maybe another family hiding out their, or something worse.

in egypt their is a high percentage of woman who are circumcised, have you spoke about this.
just asking as my mother in law wanted my kids done, no way for girls.

you might think i do not know what i am talking about, but one thing for certain never trust an egptian man when it comes to their mothers, they are all attached to the umbilical cord.

it will not be him that looks after them it will be sisters or aunts etc.

please do not send her,

are you scared of him, do you have no sya in the mattter.

suprise him and say just pretend that someone will give you the money to go and see what he says.

Posts: 223 | From: london | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Caitlin,

I believe the husband went alone for a visit. Madame F is pregnant so she didn't feel up for a visit. You may want to read the entire thread.

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is he back yet? its been 4 weeks now

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caitlin
Member # 16803

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caitlin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry i am new to the site and do not mean to offend i thought most up to date came first.

o had not read whole story

Posts: 223 | From: london | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com