EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Speaking of male dominated society... (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Speaking of male dominated society...
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Well ,I have wide relations ,I mean it WIDE ,I have friends from All over Egypt further more I have best Friends with people from Suez ,wadi Algedeed ,Qena,Alex,Ismailia so basically every spot in Egypt i said before I spent 5 years in my life when I was in college discussing and talking with my Friends basically about everything ,I have Friends with people with high income ,middle income and low income ,so I can say "As far as i know " and I do not believe everything I read ,nor even one tenth of it

You say "But more needs to be done that women could be happIER"

tell you this ,something should be done for men and women to make them happier

All ,i have said up till now is the 2 points
1-staying up late and helping them choose their husband are not considered dominance

Posts: 2417 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maxman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I for one know for sure that Egyptian women may not be 100%happy(no one is anyway!) but they know that they do hv rights and that they are guarded against abuse or mistreatment,in the west,its claimed there is equality,i hv lived here on&off for almost 21 years,and iam yet to see where that equality is!most men&Women,, here frustrate and mistreat each other,lie,cheat and backbite each other,iam not saying muslim women are perfect,but i would like them to have all their rights given to them,After all where would we be without them?They are gods gift to man. [Wink] [Wink]
Posts: 998 | From: UK,Egypt,east and central africa..... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cloudberry:
Since Egypt is so conservative society, how would you have first hand experience knowing how women feel? In conservative society men cannot freely talk to women regarding some matters! Only women can and to be exact, only Muslim women confide in each other!

Well,girls talk to their mothers and hence we know [Wink]
quote:
or Muslim women and I just don't see so much happiness in them as you say there is.

turn off the TV ,throw the paper and get in to the real Egyptian life,not only women are not happy but also men ,the climate in Egypt economically ,politically is poisoned .

for example al-jazeera has nothing to do except insulting Egyptians and depicting them as ......
so does that make it true?
1 year ago they caught a reporter from Al-jazeera that have fake materials about Egypt which are gonna published on the air? [Roll Eyes]
and thank god they put that reporter into jail

Posts: 2417 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rahala:
and why bother when you speak your mind freely and do not care about our feeling us Egyptians?

Mr. VanillaBullshit IS Egyptian. [Roll Eyes]

quote:

Do you have female Egyptian friends, Ahmad?
Do you talk to them and listen to their opinions about life, love, their hopes, dreams, aspirations and complaints?

I am pretty sure you don't. So who are you to criticise those of us who acctually do speak to Egyptian women and take their opinions seriously? And don't tell us you know from talking to their mothers or brothers, that is NOT first hand information.

So why don't you actually talk to some Egyptian women from different classes and then come back and discuss?

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by maxman:
I for one know for sure that Egyptian women may not be 100%happy(no one is anyway!) but they know that they do hv rights and that they are guarded against abuse or mistreatment ,in the west,its claimed there is equality,i hv lived here on&off for almost 21 years,and iam yet to see where that equality is!most men&Women,, here frustrate and mistreat each other,lie,cheat and backbite each other,iam not saying muslim women are perfect,but i would like them to have all their rights given to them,After all where would we be without them?They are gods gift to man. [Wink] [Wink]

they call what i bolded Domination [Roll Eyes]

and well said ,no-one is perfect

Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by *Dalia*:
quote:
and why bother when you speak your mind freely and do not care about our feeling us Egyptians?

Mr. VanillaBullshit IS Egyptian. [Roll Eyes]

quote:

Do you have female Egyptian friends, Ahmad?
Do you talk to them and listen to their opinions about life, love, their hopes, dreams, aspirations and complaints?

I am pretty sure you don't. So who are you to criticize those of us who actually do speak to Egyptian women and take their opinions seriously? And don't tell us you know from talking to their mothers or brothers, that is NOT first hand information.

So why don't you actually talk to some Egyptian women from different classes and then come back and discuss?

I do not care ,obviously there is a problem here,a topic quickly evolves to hundreds of other topics and All I am saying that the 2 points I raised are not domination ,I have no problem discussing others [Roll Eyes]
and I derive my information about women from my mother ,my late grand mother ,my female uncles ,and of course my sister those people give me a broad understanding of what are women ,they will be sincere with me and WILL NEVER lie to me

BTW,my late grand mother once told me "DO NOT ever have friendship with a girl [Mad] " [Smile] [Wink]

and you have nothing to discuss ,only stats from a trusted resource can be taken for granted ,do not forget that you are an ex-pat and people generally do not share their PERSONAL life views with foreigners(khwaga)
wake up Dalia,this is Egypt ,take care of yourself or you will be tricked

*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stayingput:

The other thing I wish you'd do is stop using examples of life in "the west" as you like to call it as the only counter you have. You've never been to the west. You have no idea what it's like, only what Hollywood has exported to "the middle east". Other than that, you haven't seen the inside of any western home to know what they live like. When you stop pretending to know things you clearly cannot know, your opinion might get some respect.

Very good point.

Whenever people start using expressions like "the West" as opposed to "the Islamic world", it is obvious to me that they have no clue about the West. Many people don't seem to realize that there are huge cultural differences between various Western countries. France is different from Denmark, Italy is very different from Holland, the US are way more conservative than Germany in many regards, and within the US there are big differences from state to state and so on. So speaking of "Western values" is wrong and ridiculous.

quote:

All I am saying that the 2 points I raised are not domination ,I have no problem discussing others [Roll Eyes]

We *were* talking about domination and you raised many points regarding this issue.

quote:

they call what i bolded Domination

Forcing an adult working woman to be home by a certain time, or forcing your daughter to marry someone she doesn't want to marry is NOT "guarding her against abuse or mistreatment".

And what makes you think that women are not capable of guarding themselves? Do you think we stay minors for all of our lives and need a man to make decisions for us because we're too immature to be responsible for ourselves?

And thank you for confirming my point that you actually have no clue about what many Egyptian women think because the only ones you are talking to are your female relatives. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
^when people in the middle east talk about western values they talk in general about girls who do not care about their parents(we call such a girl ma2sofet elra2ba)a girl who can leave her father's house ,a boy who can call the police if he his father shout at him ,a boy/girl friend relation ,a women who can insult as much as she wants and the list continues ,people see the west as the DEVIL who hates us [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
I do not see that but the average man does

and this forum is an example ,you came here curse and insult the whole culture and no problem in that [Roll Eyes]

*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
quote:

and you have nothing to discuss ,only stats from a trusted resource can be taken for granted ,do not forget that you are an ex-pat and people generally do not share their PERSONAL life views with foreigners(khwaga)

Wrong. Are you an expat to know what people are sharing with us? No, you're not, so don't speak about things you have no knowledge of.

I have spoken to countless Egyptians over the years, and I have many friends who share their innermost thoughts with me. Do my friends represent the majority of Egyptians? No -- they mostly belong to a particular class, they are independent-minded and very educated people, and I know they are a minority in their own country. However, they are Egyptians, and their numbers are increasing. Egypt is a country of contradictions, as I'm sure you are aware of. So all your allegations that ALL Egyptians think and feel the same, that they all have the same values (i.e. yours) is simply ridiculous.

quote:

wake up Dalia,this is Egypt ,take care of yourself or you will be tricked

Interesting. In what way do you think I will be tricked and by whom? [Wink]
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
You want to see real Egypt ,go and use the 3rd class train Cairo-Alex,that is Egypt ,Egypt is not Cairo ,

you will be never able to get it as long as you can not speak the accent and look like a foreigner .

more than 80% of this country is an average Egyptian ,and people I know are not minority in there country ,there are the MAJORITY ,stop anticipating who I know and who I do not come from an old family and I hate to talk about myself

*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
quote:

you will be never able to get it as long as you can not speak the accent and look like a foreigner .

How do you know? Have you tried? [Wink]

And I do speak the accent, I thought we've established that a long time ago. [Roll Eyes]

You haven't answered my questions, btw. Why are you insisting that grown up women can't take care of themselves and need a man to make decisions for them all the time? Why does a woman over 30 who has a good job have to live with her parents and be home by a certain hour? Why can't she decide for herself who is the right spouse for her? Do you think women are inferior, weak, or stupid?

Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
to add:

You see a lot of contradictions but I believe they are not and there is nothing called"they are Egyptians, and their numbers are increasing"

Egyptians as i said before is sticking to the conservative traditions more and more and majority is pushing these traditions,what you say make me know that you have never talked to an average Egyptian who is the crushed majority

I will let you continue your dream and fantasy about Egypt ,the land of Pharaohs ,loll

Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
quote:
Why are you insisting that grown up women can't take care of themselves and need a man to make decisions for them all the time?

I did not say that!! [Roll Eyes] [Mad]

quote:
You haven't answered my questions
do you mean this?
In what way do you think I will be tricked and by whom?
or what questions [Confused]

quote:
Why does a woman over 30 who has a good job have to live with her parents and be home by a certain hour? Why can't she decide for herself who is the right spouse for her? Do you think women are inferior, weak, or stupid?
up till now I have not said my opinion about these and good night I have to do some work ,
*Do not wait my answer *

Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
quote:
And I do speak the accent, I thought we've established that a long time ago

[Confused]
since when do you know all Egyptian vocabulary ?!

wasn't it you who said that you are harassed because you look like foreigner?1

*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
quote:
You see a lot of contradictions but I believe they are not and there is nothing called"they are Egyptians, and their numbers are increasing"

Egyptians as i said before is sticking the conservative traditions more and more and majority is pushing these traditions,what you say make me know that you have never talked to an average Egyptian who is the crushed majority

You are obviously not reading or understanding right.

I am well aware of the fact that the majority of Egyptians stick to conservative values. And, yes, I do speak to average Egyptians, I interact with them on a daily basis, starting with my bawab, my landlord (a very simple guy who doesn't speak a word of English and owns a coffeeshop downtown), cleaning ladies and many, many others.

I am also aware, as I said, that my friends and the upper class, independent-minded people I am speaking to are NOT the majority. But they do exist, and their numbers are growing. You can deny it as much as you like, it's a fact. May I remind you that the original subject of this thread was the fact that Egyptian women themselves are not happy with the status quo? You would like to pretend those women don't exist, but they do. And that's what we're discussing here, it's not about cursing Egyptian society or imposing Western values on anyone, it's about Egyptians who want a change. Whether you agree with them or not, at least you should acknowledge the fact that they do exist and that they have different ideas about life than you do.

When you stop denying that and taking people seriously who share your nationality, but not your opinions, then people on here might actually start taking you and your opinions seriously. It's a shame you can't see that.

quote:

wasn't it you who said that you are harassed because you look like foreigner?1

Correct. But does looking like a foreigner mean you can't speak Arabic? [Roll Eyes]
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Because feelings don't matter, not yours not anyone's.

If all you can come up with is "you hurt my feelings!" that means you're stuck in a microcosm of self importance and empty pride, it suggests a brittle attitude as you express one viewpoint and then try to seal it by saying it's not changeable or even open for discussion, your megalomania further suggested that this is how everybody is, i.e. just like you, when I have no doubt that even you yourself know that is not the case and you're really just skirting the issue in order to be thought of as "right" even if it's only you who agrees with your outdated, back asswards concepts.

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:
quote:

If all you can come up with is "you hurt my feelings!" that means you're stuck in a microcosm of self importance and empty pride, it suggests a brittle attitude as you express one viewpoint and then try to seal it by saying it's not changeable or even open for discussion, your megalomania further suggested that this is how everybody is, i.e. just like you, when I have no doubt that even you yourself know that is not the case and you're really just skirting the issue in order to be thought of as "right" even if it's only you who agrees with your outdated, back asswards concepts.

I told you he has a form of Stockholm Syndrome

Psychological explanations
One theory to explain the Stockholm syndrome is cognitive dissonance. Specifically, people don't like being unhappy for long periods of time, but when people are kidnapped for a long period of time, they will be unhappy for that time, unless they come to love their captors. Thus, to resolve the cognitive dissonance, the victim may begin to identify with the captors.

Psychoanalytic explanations
The Stockholm Syndrome is a psychological shift that occurs in captives when they are threatened gravely but are shown acts of kindness by their captors. Captives who exhibit the syndrome tend to sympathize with and think highly of their captors, at times believing that the captors are showing them favor stemming from inherent kindness. Such captives fail to recognize that their captors' choices are essentially self-serving.

According to the psychoanalytic view of the syndrome, this tendency might be the result of employing the strategy evolved by newborn babies to form an emotional attachment to the nearest powerful adult in order to maximize the probability that this adult will enable — at the very least — the survival of the child, if not also prove to be a good parental figure. This syndrome is considered a prime example for the defence mechanism of identification

Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
quote:

your megalomania further suggested that this is how everybody is, i.e. just like you, when I have no doubt that even you yourself know that is not the case

quote:
Originally posted by ** Al_Ra7ala**:

how could someone who travels so much be magelomaniac

[Wink]
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
In Egypt we have four and a half million spinsters. The definition of a spinster is a woman who has reached 30, without ever receiving a marriage proposal. We have a spinster problem in the Arab world, and the last thing we want is for them to be sexually aroused. Circumcision of the girls who need it makes them chaste, dignified, and pure.

Dr. Muhammad Wahdan, Al-Azhar University Lecturer and Dr. Malika Zarrar, Lecturer on Islamic Religious Law

It would be interesting to know how they explain this then [Big Grin]

"The Center for Social Studies conducted a survey which showed that 85% of the prostitutes in Egypt were circumcised. There is no relation between female circumcision and the girls' behavior."

cloudberry, first I would want a hyperlink to verify this information, and then to verify the sources for this statement.

You phrase this as if prostitutes are in it for the sexual gratification?

Do prostitutes work for sexual gratification and not profit in Finnland?

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might have thought 'learned helplessness' was a more likely diagnosis.
[Wink]

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seriously though, As I pointed out in a previous post, this 'male dominance' thing is starting to cause problems. Using "modern girls' freedom to be out alone sometimes with uncovered hair" to justify the recent spate of sexual harrassment is both insulting to 50% of the population here, and dangerously shortsighted.
Presumably those families who 'protect' their daughters' virtue by means of curfew, and control, are also teaching their sons by implication that girls are of less worth, and can be abused by strangers.
Unless ofcourse, these sex offenders are all orphans or foreigners, which I doubt.

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
I doubt ANY Egyptian likes domination Or do you like the way Egypt dominates its citizens

problem is Egyptian do not see the 2 points (staying up late and their father helping them choose their future husband)as domination [Roll Eyes]

quote:
These same families (or men from the families) also value their women and put women's needs before their own,
so do we [Roll Eyes]

quote:
And VanillaBullshit (who to my knowledge is an EGYPTIAN) doesn't talk bullshit at all, every Egyptian I know would agree with him. But of course I do not know all the Egyptians
I do not know if VBS is he or she [Roll Eyes]

but I will leave this site if people can prove that EGYPTIAN women in General hate the 2 points raised up till now (that women like staying up late and women hate the idea that their father helps them choosing their future husbands)

2 points that are not considered Domination
1-insisting that our daughters be at home early (not so late)

2-helping them choose their future husbands

these 2 are not considered Domination by Egyptians

My friend not only disputes you but also laughs at you. She asked me if you are a teen... are you?

She has no access to the internet to validate... mish mushkilti...forgive my spelling, I am a speaker only. I simply relay info... like real life Google [Smile]

I am only grateful my days are spent in Egyptian company.. this site is a joke!!!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
I doubt ANY Egyptian likes domination Or do you like the way Egypt dominates its citizens

problem is Egyptian do not see the 2 points (staying up late and their father helping them choose their future husband)as domination [Roll Eyes]

quote:
These same families (or men from the families) also value their women and put women's needs before their own,
so do we [Roll Eyes]

quote:
And VanillaBullshit (who to my knowledge is an EGYPTIAN) doesn't talk bullshit at all, every Egyptian I know would agree with him. But of course I do not know all the Egyptians
I do not know if VBS is he or she [Roll Eyes]

but I will leave this site if people can prove that EGYPTIAN women in General hate the 2 points raised up till now (that women like staying up late and women hate the idea that their father helps them choosing their future husbands)

2 points that are not considered Domination
1-insisting that our daughters be at home early (not so late)

2-helping them choose their future husbands

these 2 are not considered Domination by Egyptians

My friend not only disputes you but also laughs at you. She asked me if you are a teen... are you?

She has no access to the internet to validate... mish mushkilti...forgive my spelling, I am a speaker only. I simply relay info... like real life Google [Smile]

I am only grateful my days are spent in Egyptian company.. this site is a joke!!!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
messenger
Member # 15059

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for messenger         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes we got it
Posts: 406 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by messenger:
Yes we got it

Thank f*ck for that... I was worried for a while.
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
That's a shame.

@messenger: No need to be cynical,ok?Thank you.
Hey, don't blame it on me. She refused on on her own. [Roll Eyes]
I dont know you messenger,but no need to ask a lady such embarrasing questions,just let it go.
maxman excuse him, he has this elusive "blow" on the brain and it won't go away.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stayingput
Member # 14989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stayingput     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

BTW,my late grand mother once told me "DO NOT ever have friendship with a girl [Mad] " [Smile] [Wink]

Dear Ahmad's Grandmother,

I would like to take this opportunity to report that your grandson, Ahmad/Rahala took your advice and doesn't have friendships with girls, even though it appears maybe he's a little mad about that.

The jury's still out about whether or not the entire world believes that advice was a good idea, but rest assured mothers of potential wives express their gratitude.

xxxooo

Sheesh, Ahmad, at some point you have to learn to talk to girrrrrrrrrrls or women or females in general. You don't get to be right just because you're sparring with the opposite sex. You aren't allowed to throw around the MAN CARD the way you can at home. The rest of the great big world doesn't work like that. If you're going to make a point, back it up with the very same proof you ask us to give (and give, and give, and give, although you never seem to read or even notice it). Is that too much to ask?

Posts: 758 | From: Here. There. Everywhere. | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
quote:
do you mean this?
In what way do you think I will be tricked and by whom?
or what questions [Confused]

Yes, and the various other questions I posted in this thread.

quote:

*Do not wait my answer *

In other words -- you will avoid them as usual because you don't have a sensible answer. [Roll Eyes]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This guy really is an idiot.

I agree with staying put about throwing the 'man card' like he does at home but if a 'real man' says anything they are accused of not being 'Egyptian' and if those 'real men' ARE Egyptians he throws a tantrum.

Oh and Akmud, VB is Egyptian and ALL male, and all REAL MAN [Wink] [Big Grin]

ya baheem

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
No,Mrs.Dalia I do not have time !
That's all ,I have just returned home after a huge day of work it is now 11:30 pm I wake up 5:30 am !

All I said up till now is that Demanding the our girls/sons return early is not domination and HELPING them choosing their future husbands is not domination

I did not say anything else

and for Ayisha

Keep insulting and barking

and for Staying

first my grandmother is dead so make sure she is not gonna hear you and I said

"DO NOT ever have friendship with a girl "
the mad face was inside the quote which means she told me that as an order she was mad not me ,learn how to read

I do not make friendship with girls ,I know girls as a part of my job(students or colleagues)or as a part of my study(study mates)but I do not have personal relation or friendship with them ,learn how to read

and for all of you ,why are you so pissed of?

All I said that the 2 points are not domination

*West is the west and east is the east and they will never meet*

Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
Dalia

Shame on you ,shame on you I checked the link you gave ,the man never said "Circumcision of the girls who need it makes them chaste, dignified, and pure"
You are twisting the words Dalia

I have never imagined that you are a liar!

shameful

shameful

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Dalia

Shame on you ,shame on you I checked the link you gave ,the man never said "Circumcision of the girls who need it makes them chaste, dignified, and pure"

I have never imagined that you are a liar!

shameful

shameful

If that is the truth, then repost the link and repost his exact words.

dare you.

Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Doesn't anyone ever stop to consider the implication here that whilst it is culturally accepted here that father/husband/brother always knows best, always has the last word, nobody EVER looks into the ethics, morality, common sense, judgement,nor motivations of these guys.
I know loads of Egyptians, both sexes; amongst the men, not one of them are saints,I have met 2 [TWO] who I would [maybe] trust to make life governing decisions for any woman or girl in or outside of their family.
Obviously any young person living at home should show respect for parents and try to abide by house rules.
But this is based on gender! Having testicles apparently is seen to confer a level of intelligence much higher than any woman can aspire to.
Look around you.
The facts don't support this.
Islam is not a religion intended to keep people in the Dark Ages, history has proved this. There was no Islamic version of the Spanish Inquisition, it actively encourages people to think for themselves. It is on just about every page! Surely 'people' includes women?

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
No,Mrs.Dalia I do not have time !
That's all ,I have just returned home after a huge day of work it is now 11:30 pm I wake up 5:30 am !

You dont do Fajr?

Many of us work a long day Akmad, stop talking like you're the only person with little time, if you dont have time then dont bother logging on

quote:
All I said up till now is that Demanding the our girls/sons return early is not domination and HELPING them choosing their future husbands is not domination
Demanding IS dominating. Helping them does not mean choosing for them and refusing someone they may choose.

quote:

and for Ayisha

Keep insulting and barking

Its not an insult, you ARE an idiot.

quote:
and for Staying

first my grandmother is dead so make sure she is not gonna hear you and I said

"DO NOT ever have friendship with a girl "
the mad face was inside the quote which means she told me that as an order she was mad not me ,learn how to read

I do not make friendship with girls ,I know girls as a part of my job(students or colleagues)or as a part of my study(study mates)but I do not have personal relation or friendship with them ,learn how to read

and for all of you ,why are you so pissed of?

All I said that the 2 points are not domination

*West is the west and east is the east and they will never meet*

well thank God your gran knew what a monster you would be for girls and decided to protect them from you.

learn how to write, we all know how to read

You are the one pissed off and ranting.

east and west DO meet, often.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Mo Ning Min E:
Doesn't anyone ever stop to consider the implication here that whilst it is culturally accepted here that father/husband/brother always knows best, always has the last word, nobody EVER looks into the ethics, morality, common sense, judgement,nor motivations of these guys.
I know loads of Egyptians, both sexes; amongst the men, not one of them are saints,I have met 2 [TWO] who I would [maybe] trust to make life governing decisions for any woman or girl in or outside of their family.
Obviously any young person living at home should show respect for parents and try to abide by house rules.
But this is based on gender! Having testicles apparently is seen to confer a level of intelligence much higher than any woman can aspire to.
Look around you.
Islam is not a religion intended to keep people in the Dark Ages, history has proved this. There was no Islamic version of the Spanish Inquisition, it actively encourages people to think for themselves. It is on just about every page! Surely 'people' includes women?

Why is it that I don't see this in the Egyptian families I know?
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by metinoot:
quote:
Originally posted by Mo Ning Min E:
Look around you.

Why is it that I don't see this in the Egyptian families I know?
because the ones you 'know' are in the west and the ones you 'know' here you dont spend enough time with to 'see' it. There is a lot here people dont 'see' for the first 6 months or more of living here, no matter how many times they have 'visited'.
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
quote:

This man is arguing that circumcision is "needed" in order to decrease a woman's libido. That women -- particularly single women -- should not be sexually aroused. That's his point all throughout the discussion.

Do YOU want to twist his words and claim that is not what he says?

And why am I getting the impression you are actually defending this dude and his sick way of thinking? You are upset at me for posting the link, but you don't seem in the least upset about the outrageous things this moron says. Very strange.

I assume FGM is one of the Egyptians traditions us depraved Westerners do not understand and are not allowed to criticize. Is that what you're saying?

Shame on you!

Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Fact.
Just about everyone in this country believes [knows!] that womwn who have not been circumcised become sexually aroused spontaneously just by merely walking around. FACT.
News to me. I wish. If women got those kind of kicks without needing any kind of men, we'd have started a sperm bank and got rid of men years ago, wouldn't we?
i'm not going to blame male domination for this one, female circumcision [amongst both Christians and Muslims] is insisted upon by mothers grandmothers and potential mothers-in-law.
When any Egyptian has admitted to me that they have this in their family [not many, my friendships are not THAT intimate] I usually ask about their African ancestors.
Fancy a stroll girls?

*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
quote:
I do not make friendship with girls ,I know girls as a part of my job(students or colleagues)or as a part of my study(study mates)but I do not have personal relation or friendship with them

So you are admitting that you don't speak to girls or women.

How in the world do you know about their thoughts, feelings and whether they feel dominated or not? What gives you the right to speak up in their name? What makes you assume they share your opinions?

I find it amusing that you try to belittle those of us who actually have Egyptian female friends and talk and listen to them, that you try telling us we should "go and talk to Egyptians and then come back", while you yourself are obviously not doing what you regard as a requirement to voice an opinion on here.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
I do not make friendship with girls ,I know girls as a part of my job(students or colleagues)or as a part of my study(study mates)but I do not have personal relation or friendship with them

So you are admitting that you don't speak to girls or women.

How in the world do you know about their thoughts, feelings and whether they feel dominated or not? What gives you the right to speak up in their name? What makes you assume they share your opinions?

I find it amusing that you try to belittle those of us who actually have Egyptian female friends and talk and listen to them, that you try telling us we should "go and talk to Egyptians and then come back", while you yourself are obviously not doing what you regard as a requirement to voice an opinion on here.

excellent point sista [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maxman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello All..
I for One Abhor the thought of FGM,i would NOT let any one come near my baby girl,and i although i was under extreme pressure from relatives,near and Far,As a father i stood my ground,now my baby is 21yrs old,apple of my eye,and she is well behaved and i hv no complaints.But iam told by several men,that circumsiced women are much more sweeter and pure,any one here who is,pls contact me ASAP.... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]

Posts: 998 | From: UK,Egypt,east and central africa..... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am not but i am all sooooooooooo sweet, max [Razz] [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
quote:
But iam told by several men,that circumsiced women are much more sweeter and pure

Good Lord, this is sooo sick. [Frown]

But, hey, I'm just a khawageyya who doesn't understand Egyptian traditions and that fathers always know what's best for their daughters ... [Embarrassed]

Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
But iam told by several men,that circumsiced women are much more sweeter and pure
Castrated horses are pretty much like this, and easier to dominate. They don't get a kick out of sex either.
[Cool]

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rahala likes his pussy mutilated.

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:

dont you mean 'decorated' [Big Grin]
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:

dont you mean 'decorated' [Big Grin]
Eviscerated.
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:
i am not but i am all sooooooooooo sweet, max [Razz] [Wink]

That i would love to find out (personally). [Wink] [Wink]
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
forthecompletewinbaby

quote:
quote:

^^ftw

This comment is 50% pure win and overall 70% win 30% pure ownage.

Ahmad = pure fail

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
quote:

In Egypt marriage generally is made in a what so-called salons in which you family searches for a bride for you ,then you go visit them and after that the father and the girl of the other family expresses their opinion ,the girl might be keen but the father might not ,so no marriage

quote:

Forbidding a girl to marry whom she wants to marry is the same as "helping them chose"?

Very interesting definition of "help". [Confused]

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com