EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Doing Business in Egypt » buying an apartment in Sharm el sheik (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: buying an apartment in Sharm el sheik
mariajane
Member # 7209

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for mariajane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi has anyone bought an apartment in Sharm
any info and advised would be great
we are going in the next few weeks to look at some off plan developments anything we should look out for
any advise on the legal side any pitfalls to look for?
thanks maria

Posts: 9 | From: england | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sharmer
Member # 5738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi mariajane..

e-mail me if u have any questions..

sharmer@ehotelier.com

Posts: 18 | From: sharm | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bergamo
Member # 7123

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bergamo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
deary maria
good day
when u will be in egypt pls feel free to contacted me i am legal accountant in international law firm
best wishes
mohamed

quote:
Originally posted by mariajane:
we are going in the next few weeks to look at some off plan developments anything we should look out for
thanks maria

Posts: 38 | From: bergamo | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Small
Member # 7071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Small     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there.The wife and I are off there on thursday(21st) to hopefully buy a place,we are only going for a week.If we are back before you go we will let you know how we got on.Stu.
Posts: 70 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mariajane
Member # 7209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mariajane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Small:
Hi there.The wife and I are off there on thursday(21st) to hopefully buy a place,we are only going for a week.If we are back before you go we will let you know how we got on.Stu.

hi hope you have a good time have you made any contacts there who will show you round and what developments are you looking at
we are travelling out on the 28.4 so will miss your reply maria

Posts: 9 | From: england | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Small
Member # 7071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Small     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If by some miracle you get to read this in sharm,we are dealing with H.Kirker Exclusives in Naama bay.She is located in the Fun park on the peace rd just as you come down off of the hill from Habada.Let me know how you get on.Stu.
Posts: 70 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mariajane
Member # 7209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mariajane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi stu
returned yesterday 1.5 and we have found a property we wish to buy in Nabq bay a 2 bed apt have you bought yet? if so where.
very nervous but also excited our apt won't be ready until end of 2006. not to sure of how it all works ie the legal system and if there is anything we may have missed.
how did you find it?
maria

Mr Small
Member # 7071

Member Rated:
It was a bit of a nightmare because its completely different from buying in the UK.We have bought A new 2 bedroom apartment in Hadaba,which is the part of sharm just the other side of Naama bay from the airport.We had to take a trip 100km up the coast to El Tor to get a one year residents visa and also to give the solicitor power of attorney.You then pay a deposit,sign some paper work and once you get home pay the seller by money transfer.To be quite honest you are putting an awfull lot of trust in people you have only just met.The fact that our estate agent/property manager is british and married to a Egyptian and has got a reputation to upkeep is all good.If she is going to rip anyone off,she can only do it once and I am sure she would do it for more than £36,000.It was not a holiday,but we got done what we needed to.I will keep you posted on further developments.Stu.
Mr Small
Member # 7071

Member Rated:
Dont want to freak you out but i have just been told that there is a ban on foreigners buying property or investing money in businesses in the Sanai area??? I am tring to find out more.
mariajane
Member # 7209

Rate Member
hi mr small
i hope it means buying freehold property as we have been advised from april all property will now be leasehold with 99 year lease for foreign investers please advise when you here anything
maria

mariajane
Member # 7209

Rate Member
mr small
anymore more news on this
what did you find out
are you still continuing with the purchase?
maria

Mr Small
Member # 7071

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mr Small     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had an email from the estate agent this AM,saying that the contracts have all been signed,the money paid and that the apartment is now ours.I phoned the lawyer and asked him about the lease/free hold thing and he said that it was talked about a couple of years but was never actually bought in,but I am not quite sure about the fact that we are not supposed to be allowed to invest or purchase property at the moment.I was told not to worry,everything will be fine,which I took to mean that these things are not set in stone and if you know the right people and pay the right bribe it will all be sorted out.If I hear any more I will let you know.
Mr Small
Member # 7071

Member Rated:
We have just had confirmation that you can no longer,as a foreigner,buy property on a freehold basis.You can only buy on a 99 year lease,we will have to pay a small (£6 a month) maintainance fee,which we already knew about but there is no annual ground rent fee as in the UK.We where basically lied to by the estate agent who told us, bare faced that there was no such thing as lease hold, it is all free hold.But what can we do.Apparently,when we do sell it the lease gets extended to 99 years again.Its all to do with keeping the land in egyptian hands I think.
mariajane
Member # 7209

Rate Member
hi That is what we were told the law i think was only chanded on 5.4.05 that is what our contract stated, but if in furture it returns that foreign investors can purchase freehold our contract will return to freehold we also have a 99 year lease with no ground rent - at the moment, who knows if that will change as well.
when do you hope to visit your apartment or have you already been. Is it all furnished? or are you doing that when you get there? good luck maria

Mr Small
Member # 7071

Member Rated:
It is all fully furnished and ready to go.As the apartments are brand new so is everything in them,washing machine,fridge freezer and air con in every room.It is in the Hadaba area of sharm,about 200m from the top of the cliff that over looks the dive site called temple,near the hotel that does very loud aerobics in italian most of the day.We will be out there in august sometime,then november and then january.We have already booked the nov & jan flights,£69 each way with red sea flights.com. Have you bought your place yet? Stu.
andy cullers
Member # 7853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for andy cullers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi
my self and a friend went to Sharm four weeks ago and ended up in Sharm El Sheikh Real Estate dealing with a man called Tarek El Saadi.
We think that we are in the process of buying a place in Nabaq but the contract is a bit iffy
has anyone heard of Sharm Real Estate or Tarek or is anyone buying at the Hilton Oyoun,Nabaq?

Posts: 13 | From: chelmsford, Essex,UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John White
Member # 7878

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for John White     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by andy cullers:
Hi
my self and a friend went to Sharm four weeks ago and ended up in Sharm El Sheikh Real Estate dealing with a man called Tarek El Saadi.
We think that we are in the process of buying a place in Nabaq but the contract is a bit iffy
has anyone heard of Sharm Real Estate or Tarek or is anyone buying at the Hilton Oyoun,Nabaq?

Andy
Myself and my wife are buying apartment number 24, 2 bed at Hilton, off plan. It has given us a lot of confidence knowing that the Hilton are involved, surely a Hotel chain with such worldwide reputation cannot be involved in anything that is iffy!!We are due to pay first 25% deposit to Sharm real estate on 6th June (Tarek).
We have not yet signed our contract as we were leaving on that day. Tarek has sent us a copy of a contract, and guess what "your name is on it" along with Ralph Richman's. Get in touch to discuss. Do you have a phone number? mine is 07990978712
John

Posts: 1 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ali2005
Member # 7867

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ali2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
thanks maria

hi are you still interested in a flat in Sharm contact me at logina@link.net

Posts: 8 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ali2005
Member # 7867

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ali2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
thanks maria

hi are you still interested in a flat in Sharm contact me at logina-resort@link.net

Posts: 8 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andy cullers
Member # 7853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for andy cullers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ali2005:
hi are you still interested in a flat in Sharm contact me at logina@link.net

Hi, I am in the process of buying in Sharm.
There are some problems here and there.
you can email me on andycullers@yahoo.co.uk

Posts: 13 | From: chelmsford, Essex,UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blade13
Member # 7975

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blade13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am also looking at sharm
Posts: 1 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orthosmile
Member # 8098

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for orthosmile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please help,Bergamo
I'm an italian dentist graduate in italy with a post graduate specialization in orthodontic.
I want to move in Egypt (Sharm el sheik) and I'm wondering if with my degree is possible to work over there.
Do I have to ask ministry of egyptian health for a convertion of my degree?
What is required to open a private dental clinic?
I've tried so many time to get these information from Embassy or consulate but I had no answer or no help as well ,because nobody is able to give me this kind of information.
CAn you mediate all burocratic paper for me?
We( me and my husband) want to bring our cars in Sharm and our dental equipment.
What about visa?
And Taxes?
If I work in Italy do I have to pay italian or egyptian taxes?
How much would us cost this brokerhood?
If you can't help us could you give me the right contact to get this kind of information?
Nobody is able to give me this kind of information!No Embassy no consulate, is that possible?
Waiting for a reply.
Thank
Beast regards
Dr. Loredana Bottalico

Posts: 2 | From: Bari,Italy,EU | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sheri77
Member # 4180

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sheri77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[This message has been edited by sheri77 (edited 02 July 2005).]

Posts: 22 | From: cairo | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sharmer
Member # 5738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi andy,

i wonder why u specially choosed offplan , is that out of ur low budget or u r interested to take something in Hilton or maybe Nabq.did tarek left u the way to chosse, or u were forcedly asked to take it.
let me know i might help.as im a real estate agent.

can i ask you hoe much commission did he ask u for a buyer?
sharmer@ehotelier.com

Posts: 18 | From: sharm | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Norway/Sharm
Member # 8240

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norway/Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. I have just bought an appartement in Nabaq(el hayat sharm)from Tarek El Saadi at Sharm real estate. everyone i have talked to had only god things to say about this company. It gives me some confidence to know that sharm real estate is dealing with the Coldwell Banker.
The commission is 1.5%
(my english is not so good)

Posts: 12 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sheri77
Member # 4180

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sheri77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Big Mac,

I think you have confusing info , Mr tarek is working in Sharm El Sheikh Real Estate, but Sharm Real Estate belongs to Coldwell Banker.El Hayat sharm is a nice project , it's beed all sold out for English people from England. so u dont need to worry about.and Coldwell Banker are taking this project exclusively..

regards,

isherine@hotmail.com

Posts: 22 | From: cairo | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony
Member # 8400

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Being a regular visitor to Sharm, I have recently purchased a property at the Hilton Sharm Dreams in Naama Bay.The whole buying proceedure was dealt with in a professional manner by Tarek and his team at Sharm Real Estate. ( opposite Pacha nightclub ) Being spoken to in perfect English with no misinformation whatsoever, one did not really feel like a foreigner.
The only point I would like to add, and this was brought to my attention by Tarek, is that in order for any purchasing contracts to go through the Cairo Courts they must be both in English and Arabic.
I would therefore have no hesitation in recommending Sharm Real Estate, who are a fully independent company, to anyone.

Posts: 21 | From: Nottingham,England | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony
Member # 8400

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have done business with Tarek..100% o.k.
Posts: 21 | From: Nottingham,England | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony
Member # 8400

Member Rated:
Mr Small
Member # 7071

Member Rated:
Dont forget though that all coldwell bankers in Egypt are franchises,trading under the coldwell banker name.
Ruth
Member # 8470

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ruth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just been reading your comments about your agent in sharm would that be vicky, at the moment we are buying a property through her and would like to know how it all went. As you say it is a bit scary, and we are putting a lot of faith in a person we have only known a short while. We live in Australia, and it is long flight to keep flying over there not to mention the expensive. Could you let me know how you went with her, and your impression of her.
Ruth

Posts: 1 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony
Member # 8400

Member Rated:
Hi Ruth, from which estate agent are you buying, Coldwell Banker? As I have previously mentioned, my dealings were with Sharm Real Estate, who, contrary to some misinformed postings on this site, are not owned by nor affiliated in any way to Coldwell Banker.
However, I can understand your being somewhat apprehensive, having had the same experience myself. All I can say is try to keep updated with regular e-mails as sometimes out of sight is out of mind! Good luck!

steviewoods
Member # 8756

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for steviewoods     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Everyone who has been brave enough to buy in Sharm. I'm off there to look at property on Thursday 1st Sept.
If anyone's got any advice to offer, now would be a great time, PLEASE!!!!
Steve Woods

Posts: 2 | From: Clitheroe, UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Small
Member # 7071

Member Rated:
Be ready for a culture shock,it is nothing like buying in the UK.You have to become a temporary resident and get a residents visa which involves a day trip to the admin capital of El Tor which is about 100km up the coast towards Cairo.If you are lucky you will not be stuck in El Tor for to many hours as there is nothing there to see,and I mean nothing.Apart from that,make sure they do there exchange sums correctly because they worked out that an apartment on the market for LE360,000 would cost us £50,000.We said that if we where to buy we would change the money ourselves and pay in egyptian,I thought the estate agent was going to start crying.All i can say is try H.Kirker as she seemed OK to us and fast aswell.We will be out there ourselves on the 30th aug and I know there is still an apartment(new) for sale in our block in Hadaba.
steviewoods
Member # 8756

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for steviewoods     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your comments Mr Small!
I've tried to contact Helen but no reply yet. Hope I have the right contact data. Is your property finished and in use? or are you on a progress chasing visit?

Posts: 2 | From: Clitheroe, UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaria
Member # 8770

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Aaria     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Mr Small. Hadaba is the area which I am looking into buying an apartment. You say there is one left in your block. would you mind giving me the details of this and any internet sites i can look at pictures. Any ifo is appreciated. Many thanks

Posts: 13 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaria
Member # 8770

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Aaria     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tony, Would you mind telling me how much you paid for your apartment in the Hilton Dreams Resort. And also how many bedrooms it has. Many thanks

Aaria

Posts: 13 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the link for Sinai Times, they carry adverts for most of the Agents in Sharm
http://www.sinaitimes.com/

Also try the British run agency: http://pioneerproperty.org/

[This message has been edited by Penny (edited 27 August 2005).]

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Small
Member # 7071

Member Rated:
Hi aaria,If you go to www.hkirkerexclusives.com it may be there still if it has not been sold.We are out there next week so I will ask her what she has got on her books.stu.It is in Ard el mizad area of Hadaba.
sirwinb
Member # 8817

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sirwinb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi we just put deposit on property in Hay Noor near new Church close to Delta Sharm. Good place to look for flats with price around 225K EPG for 2 bed flats. Be prepared to negotiate hard and watch out for price mark-up from some estate agents sometime they try to sneak 10-20% into original seller price. We have seen this on same properties shown by different agents!
We found this Estate Agent very helpful, open and honest
Tel: 069 3600978 Fax: 069 3600978
Alex mobile: 010 3312344
e-mail: nour_alex_5@hotmail.com http://www.nouralex.com/english.htm

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Small:
Hi aaria,If you go to www.hkirkerexclusives.com it may be there still if it has not been sold.We are out there next week so I will ask her what she has got on her books.stu.It is in Ard el mizad area of Hadaba.

Posts: 2 | From: Dubai,UAE | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sirwinb
Member # 8817

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for sirwinb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We found Pioneer a total waste of time kept pushing properties we were not interested from Dar EL Rabwah near Rome Threater over priced as well.They tried to sneak in extra 20% into original seller price on property in Hay Noor for the same properties shown by different agents! So watch what for this type of mark-up trick.

quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
This is the link for Sinai Times, they carry adverts for most of the Agents in Sharm
http://www.sinaitimes.com/

Also try the British run agency: http://pioneerproperty.org/

[This message has been edited by Penny (edited 27 August 2005).]

Posts: 2 | From: Dubai,UAE | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Small
Member # 7071

Member Rated:
Hi Aaria,just got back on friday and there are 2 apartments left.One is the large roof flat with a pool at LE800000 and the other is 350000 for a 2 bedroom fully furnished.We bought ours in april and this was our first visit to it.Apart from a bit of easily sorted trouble from 1 of the A/C units everything was fine.We had time to have a really good look around the immediate area and the more I saw the better it got,clifftop bar,great pizza restaurant,bakery and 3 supermarkets all very close and you can wall to the beach in about 5 mins.If you need any more info just ask.

[This message has been edited by Mr Small (edited 11 September 2005).]

Arabia
Member # 9276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arabia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm looking for a Partner in Motor Sport Event Organization
Posts: 80 | From: Alexandria, Sharm Elshiekh, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arabia
Member # 9276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arabia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by orthosmile:
Please help,Bergamo
I'm an italian dentist graduate in italy with a post graduate specialization in orthodontic.
I want to move in Egypt (Sharm el sheik) and I'm wondering if with my degree is possible to work over there.
I've tried so many time to get these information from Embassy or consulate but I had no answer or no help as well ,because nobody is able to give me this kind of information.
We( me and my husband) want to bring our cars in Sharm and our dental equipment.
What about visa?
And Taxes?
If you can't help us could you give me the right contact to get this kind of information?
Nobody is able to give me this kind of information!No Embassy no consulate, is that possible?
Waiting for a reply.
Thank
Beast regards
Dr. Loredana Bottalico

Contact Me
+2012 222 34 36
csdsafari@yahoo.com
Emg. Tamer

Posts: 80 | From: Alexandria, Sharm Elshiekh, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arabia
Member # 9276

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by orthosmile:
Please help,Bergamo
What about visa?
And Taxes?
Waiting for a reply.
Thank
Beast regards
Dr. Loredana Bottalico

Conatct me
csdsafari@yahoo.com
+2012 222 34 36

mtwatson
Member # 9345

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtwatson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi

We recently purchased a property in Sharm and was helped by Samia at Red Sea Property Services. She fluent in English and helped us through all the hurdles and was on our side when it came to negotiating the price. If anybody wants her contact details please let me know.

Regards
Malcolm

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ali2005
Member # 7867

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by steviewoods:
Hi Everyone who has been brave enough to buy in Sharm. I'm off there to look at property on Thursday 1st Sept.
If anyone's got any advice to offer, now would be a great time, PLEASE!!!!
Steve Woods

hi are you still looking for an apartment in Sharm El Sheikh
There is a 2 bedroom ,large L shaped reception/living room kitchennette bathroom with tub at logaina sharm resort. Ready to move in
check the site at www.logaina.com
with all the benefits of the resort (swimming pools,security resturant etc.
If interested contact logina-resort@link.net or make a visit

Des
Member # 9479

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Des     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Everyone,
Just back from Sharm, plenty of property for sale
bit pricey in my book BIG BUT?? not too happy
with contracts and paperwork, be very careful
before parting with cash.

Des

Posts: 97 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martin60
Member # 9841

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for martin60   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just bought a flat in sharm and had a nightmare. Sorry having a nightmare as still not sorted. Using an estate agency called Caldwell Banker (i,m sure its rhyming slang!!) Made several mistakes so if you want some advice give me an e-mail. Beware of:- wrong information / mixed messages and get everything in writin gin english. i know it's a pain but worth it in the end. Also, make sure you have a lawyer as you have to go through several hurdles such as power of autorney and getting a years visa (worst trip of my life).
Make sure the appartment is complete i.e. i bought one with no air conditioning or hot water!!
If you need info, drop me an e-mail.

Martin

Posts: 1 | From: scotland | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by martin60:
Just bought a flat in sharm and had a nightmare. Sorry having a nightmare as still not sorted. Using an estate agency called Caldwell Banker (i,m sure its rhyming slang!!) Made several mistakes so if you want some advice give me an e-mail. Beware of:- wrong information / mixed messages and get everything in writin gin english. i know it's a pain but worth it in the end. Also, make sure you have a lawyer as you have to go through several hurdles such as power of autorney and getting a years visa (worst trip of my life).
Make sure the appartment is complete i.e. i bought one with no air conditioning or hot water!!
If you need info, drop me an e-mail.

Martin

You need to have a lawyer right at the start of the buying process in exactly the same way you would in your home country. Why would you do anything any different in a foreign country. You should always have your contract in English along with anything else you are signing for. I understand the run around an agent might give you but the buying process is no different in Egypt to any other country. You are allowed to take the normal steps to protect yourself. The only difference is you need an awful lot more patience. With regard to Water and AC it is not unusual for appartments to be sold as just a shell where you complete everything yourself. You have to check the detail of exactly what you are buying just like you would any other contract. If it's not stated in the contract then assume you are not getting it. If your lawyer is any good then your trip to El Tour should take no more than one hour to complete everything.

Buying in Egypt is no different to anywhere else, just expect things to take longer. If anyone asks you to do something different then walk away.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com