EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Doing Business in Egypt » buying an apartment in Sharm el sheik (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  14  15  16   
Author Topic: buying an apartment in Sharm el sheik
mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi rayman just been told my kitchen will be fitted tomorrow and now my furniture is there from cario so will give you an idea when you see it
Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rayman
Member # 11909

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rayman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent news, thats one worry out the way! And its ahead of time too eh?

Listen that hob is proving to be a problem, arrived with no styrene packaging or anything! Have managed to get it in the case but could be carrying a dirty great big empty suitcase on the way back cos all weight is taken up by bubble wrap and protective packaging.

Still, better than being ripped off - provided I don't crack it on the way! LOL

--------------------
It costs HOW MUCH????

Posts: 34 | From: UK/Sharm | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
god help you,make sure nothing pressing on glass may be a thin sheet on ply wood over the glass face, there is another couple of people trying to get out this weeekend
Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rayman
Member # 11909

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rayman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
its got more bubblewrap and foam and towels on it than I thought possible - whats the worse that could happen? The other half breaking me in half for breaking her pride and joy in half...... [Razz]

Sounds like we could be having a party...........

Posts: 34 | From: UK/Sharm | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

i like that, but its pressure at only one point that will break it,just having a quick G,N,T trying to sort out things and meetings but just looking forward to chilling out, as i will be back out in feb and march
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That reminds me when I took a 20" flat screen TV out as hand luggage. It was the exact size of the allowable baggage at that time but much heavier. I was so stress out they would take it off me but they didn't query it at check in, didn't weigh it, and no query through the cameras at security!. Only problem now is of course I can't get it back again!

Rayman hate to worry you but I have seen them drop bags the full height from the plane at Sharm LOL

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rayman
Member # 11909

Rate Member
Ouch! Thanks Penny, just what I needed, some positive encouragement! LOL. I did think about checking it in seperately but to be honest I think it will probably get more damaged just in some wrapping. I will ask the check in staff to put fragile stickers all over the case but I don't expect that it will make much difference. It is going inside a Samsonite case so I hope its gonna be ok...........might not have any nails left when I get there though, my luck it'll be ok but I'll drop it at the other end! [Big Grin]

--------------------
It costs HOW MUCH????

Rayman
Member # 11909

Rate Member
Mac,

Suspect I'll be back out at the end of Feb, around the 23rd somewhere as I have a return leg on BA for 28th. Just have to find a way out there now........oh and don't ask about BA return leg as its a veeeeeeeery long story which I might share at the weekend over a beer. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
It costs HOW MUCH????

mac0623
Member # 10529

i think i remember that one where you didnt see the date change on the booking screen amd booked for a month anstead of three days.
PENNY I WILL BUY THAT FLAT SCREEN IF YOU WANT, WHAT SORT IS IT,
hey rayman thats not a bad idea putting fragile on it now all you got to do is to teach the egyptian bag throwers how to read english lol

dimka
Member # 12837

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dimka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
anyone heard of this outfit? Are those the right prices for S Bride? What does this company get from the purchases?

And no - just cos' I'm new I'm not flogging anything or touting someone else's business.

http://www.themovechannel.com/property/beach/egypt

--------------------
Dimka

Posts: 11 | From: Russia | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

not heard or these at all, hi rayman how you doing was good to see you and another guy came out and some more this monday, finaly got my apartment nearly sorted for when i get back and just brought 6 more in montazh, the weather drop a bit when you left and was chilly at night.
mac0623
Member # 10529

penny if your reading this sorry for not calling the time went no where as was very busy but will be back soon so will meet up with you ,
THIS IS A MEESAGE FOR THE GUY WHO CONTACTED ME ABOUT THE EL HYATT IN NABQ.
THERE IS A GUY CALLED JOHN ON HERE WHO HAS BROUGHT IN THIER AND IS OUT THIS WEEK TO SORT HIS FURNITURE OUT SO GIVE HIM A CALL FOR HIS ADVICE ON THE SITE, JOHN DROVE BY THE PLACE THE OTHER DAY IT LOOKS VERY NICE AND WILL CALL YOU LATER TODAY.

mac0623
Member # 10529

rayman thinking about going back out for a few weeks but with out the gang had my mirrors fitted and my other sofa came on the day i left so now my apartment is finaly ready to move in got a good price of flight from 19th ffeb till 5th march
goodworth
Member # 12338

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for goodworth         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Dimka
We bough at the S Bride 2 flats
68 m2 middle floor I paid 21318 K each x 2 after a discount of 15% for cash in advance payment I did calculate that the m2 is for 313 pounds a great value for money with a great sea view.
How about you?

Posts: 21 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goodworth
Member # 12338

Rate Member
61 m2 not 68 m2
Posts: 21 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dimka
Member # 12837

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dimka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi goodworth,

Did you go through whoever runs this site or advertises on it? I'm thinking of sharm bride and this price seems fair enough. Anyway, I'll PM you about it.

--------------------
Dimka

Posts: 11 | From: Russia | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dimka
Member # 12837

Rate Member
goodworth i can't send you a PM for some reason?

--------------------
Dimka

mac0623
Member # 10529

hi goodworth i see you are going to sell a property in turkey i have a friend in sharm at the moment who is an agent for turkey real easte thats where he focuses on at the moment as he is in sharm to see if he can expand into sharm property market but his main market is turkey he looks at this forum but does not talk much on it if you want his contact details pm me
Rayman
Member # 11909

Rate Member
Hey Mac, that sounds good mate. Your extra sofa must of had wings to arrive that quickly!! Pretty good service from Sharm Dreamz eh? You definitely going out in Feb? Am thinking of heading out on 24th for 5 days. You going with Thomson again ex EMA?

--------------------
It costs HOW MUCH????

mac0623
Member # 10529

yes will go about 19th feb till 5th march i gave the paint sofa to mike lol after you letf i had the mirrors installed from the guy i told you about and mike had his kitchen from him and bedroom package i think he charged him less then me ,work that out, so over all i was very pleased with the workmanship from him and the speed he installed he came 10pm at night so now i will stop in my apartment from now.
shame you didnt get to see my new project in montazah its very nice with pool going around the balconies on the ground floor.
when will you return to sharm for a week or few days, i got a car after you left which i should have got one from the start

Rayman
Member # 11909

Rate Member
Well if he does mine as well he would be doing it even cheaper and at that rate, someone gets theirs for free! lol. Probably going out on 24th Feb or thereabouts. Flights are a pain at the moment. Will look at the new project then.

--------------------
It costs HOW MUCH????

goodworth
Member # 12338

Rate Member
Hi Dimka
Sorry I do not know why?
I met them at the home buyer show in London a few months ago you can check their web site through google sharm el sheikh real estate and they are the exclusive sales agent for that resort,I felt comfortable dealing with them.
I did a big search before departing my money to Sharm Bride and they got the best value for money,I got my contracts and all went through smooth.The agent monthly send us updated photos for the building progress

goodworth
Member # 12338

Rate Member
Hi mac
thank you for the offer, we have an offer,if the deal does not go through I will contact you for his contact details.

dimka
Member # 12837

Rate Member
That sounds great value. I'm thinking of 2 but on separate sites and at different stages of development. What about furniture and which lawyer did you use?
dimka
Member # 12837

Rate Member
sorry - the above post is for goodworth.

as is this one...

hi goodworth the discount is only for paying cash in advance payment or did they throw sthg in for buying 2? What stage did you buy at and what stage ar they at now (I mean your purchase)?

I'm also looking at the Sierra Resort but it's not due for completion until april 08.

--------------------
Dimka

goodworth
Member # 12338

Rate Member
Hi Dimka
15% is for paying cash in advance only
If you buy a whole building they will through in 5%,any way for the amount I paid it is already a great value
I paid them the full amount and got my contracts signed by the developer.
The furniture is an option, no price yet.

Our agent informed us that the first hand over at Sierra will be due in July 2007 and the last will be March 2008 at Sierra check with them which phase is due for hand over first they might have some apartments available for sale

Our deal went through in Turkey and we are thinking about buying at Sierra for investment

mac0623
Member # 10529

rayman and des did you get the photos i sent you,what you think?
Rayman
Member # 11909

Rate Member
yep just seen them, it looks really nice mate. how big are the apartments?

--------------------
It costs HOW MUCH????

mac0623
Member # 10529

about 110 sqr mtr, just been trying to send you e mail but came back twiice now as failed,
flights from east mids 19th feb 2 weeks £200 not bad really

Rayman
Member # 11909

Rate Member
just trying to sort out a flight for the 24th or thereabouts and I'll be there then till the 28th. got the e-mail with pics ok, so not sure why you can't send another at the moment.

--------------------
It costs HOW MUCH????

mac0623
Member # 10529

still trying but not allow saying postmaster failed something like that,single from easr mis is £108 plus duties
mac0623
Member # 10529

just sent it now rayman
hi andy got your message all is well with apartment in nabqa he said he will forward photos to you work is going well, sorry i didnt make there as was too busy with things could have done with a few more weeks there so back out soon i hope,tamer is very busy at moment with everthing and i sent him a few people out to make him more busy with things

Rayman
Member # 11909

Rate Member
yeah i got it Mac, thanks. The £108 ex EMA - what date was that for?, 19th?

--------------------
It costs HOW MUCH????

mac0623
Member # 10529

yes £108 plus duties for the 19th feb,now its just took 40 mins for my lap top to start [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]
tamer & hamis
Member # 12916

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tamer & hamis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everybody
let me introduce myself iam tamer who you are talking about warm greeting to Andy & Mac0623 & Rayman and Ian475 i hope all of you accept me at the forums as member like you all accept me at the life as friend so, i know all of you have a lot questions as always but now will be in the forums in in txt or mail

Posts: 24 | From: Sharm El Sheikh | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian475
Member # 11095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ian475     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
welcome tamer and hamis,nice to hear from you,hope you become a regular visitor.
Posts: 117 | From: manchester uk | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

hi tamer, hamis all the snow has gone now thanks for the call hope all went well with the meeting he left his phone on the boat his girlfriend called me i think you was both in the same place at the same time but he didnt have his phone with him, after you left he went around asking people thier names
tamer & hamis
Member # 12916

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tamer & hamis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello Ian475
hay mac0623 i meet him tonight so,thank you for you help

Posts: 24 | From: Sharm El Sheikh | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian475
Member # 11095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ian475     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi tamer&hamis,thanks for sending me the update photos,realy appreciate them,its looking good.
Posts: 117 | From: manchester uk | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

tamer ,andys pc broke and he has lost all info and names can you e mail him and with photos
ian475
Member # 11095

hia andy,hope you are well mate.tamer tells me he sent you the photos yesterday but he will send them again.perhaps if you are having pc problems and dont receive them i can arrange for the hard copys to be brought back at the end of the month and then post them to you.i have a few updated photos of the complex if they are of any use to you,just pm me if so.
mac0623
Member # 10529

rayman did u sort flight out as of yet, thier is few other people of here will be thier also on flight from east mids flight. ,so i will be thier for a couple of weeks just to sort a few things out
Rayman
Member # 11909

Rate Member
Can get one out on 25th but that only gives me 2 and a half days in Sharm which I don't think is enough. Alternative is to go on the Thursday but didn't want to be there a week! No happy medium. Will just have to pay the extra for the BA flight on the Saturday instead. Theres always availability so no problem there. Will book it next week on Wednesday when I'm back from a business trip.

--------------------
It costs HOW MUCH????

andyscoff
Member # 12280

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyscoff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks folks. Back on line. Welcome Tamer. Can tell you writing that. Yaani yaani yaani!!! HA
Got photo's cheers.
Looking good pal.
Thanks for that ian but o.k now.
You lot keep enjoying sun in sharm i'll kp blighty going. lol

Posts: 6 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian475
Member # 11095

no problem mate,glad youre back and not holding the loss of your accumulator against me!!
mac0623
Member # 10529

tamer mike is asking for the photos as aagreed on the venture as he will move to set up this week i will send you full drtails in a mail
hazagig
Member # 12930

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hazagig     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well i took me several hours to go through all the posts and threads relating to this topic and very informative indeed,i see thier is another person on here has brough in old sharm area,hadaba so thats good i think her name is kate looking forward too talking to everyone and this freehold/lease hold is mind blowing
Posts: 16 | From: uk | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

the ladys name is mal she brought a whole villa i think at the back of mine near club marine road and is having work done she was very happy with her purchase and then brought one villa in nabq not seen her on the forum for long time now about up to her neck in dust
mac0623
Member # 10529

hazagig
Member # 12930

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hazagig     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
as iam new to this forum i have spent a lot of time reading and some most informative,some funny i might add, i notice IAN 457 want to start a thread up leading away from this but my personal thought is for new members such as my self will miss the past input from such members past and present i think this site is very good from those i have visted in the last week as to furniture purchase, property related isuse ie, contracts and such as, even just reading the threads on here has help me greatly and its so nice to see so many people together in one place giving and receiving thier personal thoughts and sharing them with each other,i my self will be in sharm soon to follow up on my recent purchase and is very keen to learn more about the pit falls of furniture prices and where and where not to go
Posts: 16 | From: uk | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com