EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Doing Business in Egypt » buying an apartment in Sharm el sheik (Page 12)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: buying an apartment in Sharm el sheik
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fair enough, but I'm still interested in its reputation!
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pixiedon:
At the moment it looks very shabby to one side of the resort and it all seems quite enclosed, compared to the resort we have bought on. I think it depends on what you want from a resort as well. The apartments were were offered at Delta Sharm didn't have the same finish as the ones at SSQ which are all nicely tiled etc in very tasteful colours.

When the bomb went off in Sharm, Delta Sharm was the one place people wanted to stay and many left their hotels to continue their holiday there...why? ...enclosed = security.

Something worth thinking about for anyone buying in Sharm.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree Penny, Ok security is very full thats surely a good thing
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i personal think delta has got it right in the way of resort and how it looks to say its shabby , strange, as for the resorts you went round and play it clever i can think 2 of those are in trouble so your agent was thinking of one thing, and that wasnt you
Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
which resort did you final buy on
Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
I know it's older now, but I like it
mac0623
Member # 10529

i think at lot of developers can learn from the place
caj
Member # 13124

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi can yu say which 2 are in trouble cause we have looked and are going back out to buy
Posts: 16 | From: scotland | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

where u buying
caj
Member # 13124

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
gold sharm or sunny lakes
Posts: 16 | From: scotland | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

talk to rayman on sunny lakes,
mac0623
Member # 10529

how much is the apartment in sunny lakes and for what 1 or 2 bed
Lui
Member # 13485

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lui     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mac0623,

We have just bought 2 apartments in the Sunny Lake development a 1 bed and a 2 bed due for completion 1st of June. We got the 1 bed for £ 27.000 and the 2 bed for £52.000. Both then needs furnishing. We are going on the 4th of June to see them amd sort out furnitures

Rayman can you let us all know your thoughts on Sunny lakes as we have only heard positive things about the development

Posts: 10 | From: Sheffield | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

mac0623
Member # 10529

ok i will put u in touch with the person if u want who furnished the others when u in sharm again i am thier 4th of june where u stopping
pixiedon
Member # 13555

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pixiedon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was at Sunny Lakes on 16th May. Work being done, apartments are being completed to a high spec. Its good value for money and close to Naama Bay without being right in the middle. Would have bought their ourselves if it was closer to the beach.
Posts: 7 | From: Liverpool | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pixiedon
Member # 13555

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pixiedon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From speaking to people in and around Sharm, there were 2 schools of though onDelta Sharm: 1) that its reasonably priced, well established and full of Brits 2) that is (I quote them not me!) " a bit of a zoo".

I'm not saying that there aren't some very nice apartments there (have seen pictures of some lovely apartments on Delta Sharm) but some are very run down due to the people who have owned them. Not all people have standards! I'd say it was the same on most resorts for resale properties. Riviera Sharm had a similar feel.

For us, we didn't like the location of Delta Sharm, its a bit in the middle of nowhere. We wanted somewhere that we could walk to the beach and that is what we've bought into.

Posts: 7 | From: Liverpool | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
so wheres sunny lakes, what facilities does it have and what cost? sorry for being nosey, just looking for lots of info from people that know
pixiedon
Member # 13555

Rate Member
Sunny Lakes is just outside Naama Bay, not far from the Roman Theatre. Its maybe a 10-15 minute walk into Naama Bay.

1 bed apartment is £27,000, or £30,000 furnished. Show apartment was very nice. The apartment we were considering buying was just behind the retail area so we wanted something writing into the contract about there not being a service road built behind this. That would be very noisy! In the end we wanted an apartment closer to the beach but Sunny Lakes was a strong contender.

The resort will contain 8 pools

mac0623
Member # 10529

sunny lkes is in good centrel position as for saying delta is in the middle of nowhere, its seems your home is done but check the the sites out before you buy its a must
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
ok thanks for that, i would have to say I don't consider Delta to be in the middle of nowhere, 5 mins in taxi to naama. Close to beach too by taxi.Any more info on places to buy would be gratefully received! thanks
pixiedon
Member # 13555

Rate Member
We visited

Gold Sharm (£32,000/£36,000 fully furnished depending on size) - also close to Naama Bay but on the other side

Sunny Lakes £27,000 (or £30,000) furnished

Riviera Sharm (approx 10 mins walk into Naama Bay and they are still building there as well as resale) £29,000 furnished. One apartment there had a nice (distant) sea view but we found the resort to be a bit crowded.

International Resort, Nabq Bay £24,000 without furniture (part of Egyptian Experience company). Apartments had nice layout but right behind a little shopping mall and no private beach access

We were offered a furnished apartment in Delta Sharm for £29,000 but wanted a beach within walking distance.

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
thanks, i think i would want unfurnished, pick my own. I think Nabq would be too far out for me.It just seems such a minefield! Thanks once again.
pixiedon
Member # 13555

Rate Member
Nabq is very quiet at the moment but we're happy to know Naama Bay is just a taxi ride away for bars & restaurants plus my mum owns an apartment in Nabq Bay.

For value and proximity to Naama Bay, I'd say Sunny Lakes was best.

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Just looked at my message, I dont mean I think Nabq is literally a minefield! I mean the whole buying process, not knowing the situations.
mac0623
Member # 10529

buying is very simple just take your time and look about thier is no rush and make your own mind up once you have all the info
PIXI where did you settle on buying and for what reason if you dont mind me asking, which agent did you use and was you pleased with them, thanks

mac0623
Member # 10529

[Mad]
tamer & hamis
Member # 12916

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tamer & hamis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear all,
you are kindly invited to view our website

www.sharmdreamz.com and your comments are highly appreciated

Regards

Posts: 24 | From: Sharm El Sheikh | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stafford
Member # 13579

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stafford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All, I am planning to buy an appartment in sharm and recently on a trip with my girlfriend viewed a few places that we thought were nice, we also too had a look at Delta Sahrm and wondered about the security although i might it wrong we thought you could just walk into the resort from the side but I may be wrong sorry, anyhow I want to buy and was thinking of nabq bay but it seems there is alot of negativity on here can anyone help. We went to see a few places and are planning to return in a few weeks to to a deal and are now confused and very worried.

We spoke to ERA and to Sahrm el sheikh real eastate and thought both were good and friendly, we went to see about five resortrs but cant rememner all the names but I think one was sharm bride andother el hayat sharm and a couple of others and one up in the hills with a golf course.... Which ones are bad and which ones are good and most of all which ones will finish..

any help would be appreciated

Posts: 6 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

i sent you a a mail.. cheers
mac0623
Member # 10529

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Mac0623,

We have just bought 2 apartments in the Sunny Lake development a 1 bed and a 2 bed due for completion 1st of June. We got the 1 bed for £ 27.000 and the 2 bed for £52.000. Both then needs furnishing. We are going on the 4th of June to see them amd sort out furnitures

Rayman can you let us all know your thoughts on Sunny lakes as we have only heard positive things about the development
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 2 | From: Sheffield | Registered: May 2007 | IP: Logged |

SORRY 4 LATE REPLY GUYS, WHICH AIRPORT ARE YOU FLYING FROM

Lynnedy
Member # 13581

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lynnedy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I am new to this site and have just spent the last hour and a half reading it (yes lovely day and nothing better to do!) I was a bit concerned to read the negativity regarding Nabaq I hae bought on Nubia Sharm can anyone tell me whats going on thankyou
Posts: 1 | From: N Ireland | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

is there anyone in sharm next week as i will be thier for a few weeks thier will be a few of here also thier with me
ian475
Member # 11095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ian475     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if anyone has a little bit of space in there suitcase and dont mind taking something light over for me i would be gratefull(nothing illegal!!)i can drop it off within a reasonable distance of manchester(50-60 miles or so)
Posts: 117 | From: manchester uk | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian475
Member # 11095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ian475     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ps.if so please pm me.
Posts: 117 | From: manchester uk | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stafford
Member # 13579

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stafford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi all any news on ritx carlton, my gir5lfriend thinks this maybe a good place cause the project is on the hotel which is one of the top names, any info appreciated and Lynnedy - the negativity regarding Nabaq can you tell us more on what you know about this in Nabq but not sure we will end up buying there. ta.
Posts: 6 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

i spoke with someone about the site at the carlton, they said its nothing to do with each other dont know if thats true , i got ur mail yes please send
stafford
Member # 13579

Rate Member
Mac mate sent you a pm. Ta
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by stafford:
hi all any news on ritx carlton, my gir5lfriend thinks this maybe a good place cause the project is on the hotel which is one of the top names, any info appreciated and Lynnedy - the negativity regarding Nabaq can you tell us more on what you know about this in Nabq but not sure we will end up buying there. ta.

Do you mean Ritz Carlton at Ras um Sidd ( near the lighthouse)? If yes do you know those buildings have sat like that for the last 5 years!
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stafford
Member # 13579

Rate Member
No I didn't penny, so thats that I suppose, back to the options in Nabq Bay, what a minefield.
Thanks

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Actually no, I think that's a nice location, and if I was buying for a place to live it would be great, and much better than being all the way out at Nabq in middle of the desert. Like I said in my PM depends why you are buying. If you like Ritz Carlton just know you could bargain really hard as they have sat empty so long and be sure to find out what the plans and guarantees are on completion of the site. I think those buildings were originally intended for the hotel so again if the hotel does not see enough occupancy to fill them itself that tells you something if you are planning to rent.
mac0623
Member # 10529

the number u gave me was wrong staf?
Farstar
Member # 9772

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guys, any news about property tax? the tax people are running around registering apartments, they want to charge friends of mine who have a closed apartment in Sharm 21000LE..

Any help? please PM me

Posts: 275 | From: the Globe | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

who wants to chrge them this
Farstar
Member # 9772

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
property Tax, El Tur office
Posts: 275 | From: the Globe | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CatTheCat
Member # 13508

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CatTheCat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Re 'Ritz' Carlton - the Ritz has nothing to do with this resort and there is no deal secured yet that will allow the residents of the apartments (or the villas, if they're ever finished!!) to use the Ritz facilities. The firm that is managing the project is called Carlton Management - took us a day of asking questions to get the agent to admit that one!!
Posts: 69 | From: Warwickshire - UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CatTheCat
Member # 13508

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CatTheCat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Farstar - I didn't think think the 3% tax applied in Sharm because you don't actually register the property?
Posts: 69 | From: Warwickshire - UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farstar
Member # 9772

Rate Member
Cat, you do not register, they come and register it for you.. They are walking around sharm and randomly registering prperties..

My friends are in the middle of a big dilemma and they have to pay 21000LE

auntie
Member # 9790

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for auntie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just back from Sharm yesterday and was quoted £24,100 for 1 bed ground floor apartment without furniture. Is this reasonable, anybody give me an IDIOTS guide to the procedure of what happens next and the time scales involved? Also anyone dealt with Global International Properties? many thanks.
Posts: 67 | From: leeds | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goby
Member # 13610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for goby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi lynneddy
have sent you a pm
goby

Posts: 7 | From: bidgend | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com