EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Doing Business in Egypt » buying an apartment in Sharm el sheik (Page 13)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: buying an apartment in Sharm el sheik
tamer & hamis
Member # 12916

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tamer & hamis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi auntie,
welcome back again i think your answer will be with ian and for advice this complex is good investment as it in good location as mac said that before and it also commercial area which it let the prices will jump.
just note from egyptian guy.

Posts: 24 | From: Sharm El Sheikh | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CatTheCat
Member # 13508

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CatTheCat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Auntie - where was the apartment you were looking at???
Posts: 69 | From: Warwickshire - UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
auntie
Member # 9790

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for auntie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this apartment is on Sunny Lakes.Have just e-mailed G.I.P today to confirm price and to chase up `hidden costs,watch this space I`m not holding my breath!
Posts: 67 | From: leeds | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CatTheCat
Member # 13508

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CatTheCat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't!! Keep us posted!!
Posts: 69 | From: Warwickshire - UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
auntie
Member # 9790

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for auntie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok heard from agent today....guess what now that first phase nearing completion there is a price rise!! 1 bed 60m2 now £26800 with 50% deposit and 50% on handover there is a 5% discount for cash payment making it about £25500 ish! Add to that £268 yearly maintenance,about £180 for meters and approx £750 for visa,power of attorney lawyers fee to complete and finalize contract and registration, assistance in opening bank account and all transportations to sort things out `and this will be 3% of the contract value roughly £750` Does this sound about right?
Posts: 67 | From: leeds | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by auntie:
ok heard from agent today....guess what now that first phase nearing completion there is a price rise!! 1 bed 60m2 now £26800 with 50% deposit and 50% on handover there is a 5% discount for cash payment making it about £25500 ish! Add to that £268 yearly maintenance,about £180 for meters and approx £750 for visa,power of attorney lawyers fee to complete and finalize contract and registration, assistance in opening bank account and all transportations to sort things out `and this will be 3% of the contract value roughly £750` Does this sound about right?

Those lawyers fees are outrageous (£750 ) [Mad]
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CatTheCat
Member # 13508

Rate Member
I agree with Penny about the fees - that's way too much. Get an independant lawyer who isn't linked to the agent.

This 3% business...I'm sure I've read on here before that because, as a foreigner, you can only buy leasehold in Sharm there is no requirement to register your property and as such no need to pay the 3%?

I'm seeing Mac in Sharm at the weekend and I'll double check this with him. Anyone else know the position?

tamer & hamis
Member # 12916

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tamer & hamis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dea auntie,
i was sent you pm and looking for your reply

Posts: 24 | From: Sharm El Sheikh | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by CatTheCat:
I agree with Penny about the fees - that's way too much. Get an independant lawyer who isn't linked to the agent.

This 3% business...I'm sure I've read on here before that because, as a foreigner, you can only buy leasehold in Sharm there is no requirement to register your property and as such no need to pay the 3%?

I'm seeing Mac in Sharm at the weekend and I'll double check this with him. Anyone else know the position?

Put it this way, hardly anyone else in Egypt pays it and even if they do they register the price paid as much less to reduce the tax by having 2 separate contracts. But as far as I am concerned NO resigister then NO tax. This is just another way to get money out of foreign investors.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zalata
Member # 13676

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zalata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hallo! I am new to forums, but I just realized how useful they can be.... I just bought a flat in sharm, and I would like to rent it, does anyone know who to rely on for looking after the flat, meet and greet etc.?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi all just back again and i wish i can say i enjoyed it but no i didnt, cat, it was nice too put a face to a name and i hope you make the correct decission as sharm is a good place to invest its just a shame thier is people out thier who abuse thier position of trust and friendship to furthur thier own personal gain, but this will be very short lived as they will see, as we british are not that stupid.
nice too see plently of new shops about and bars.

Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lui
Member # 13485

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lui     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All, if any of you are interested in the Sunny Lakes development there is some recent pictures on the following web site concerning Zone A. http://www.ssqrealestate.com/index.php?action=newsdisp&Id=45
go the bottom and you will see some live pictures

Posts: 10 | From: Sheffield | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
goodmorning all was pleased to read your news but a bit confussed as to the signing times as the owners live next to me and they said the deal was done a long time ago but the point is its done so lets hope the good work will show through and you will all enjoy your investment which you all rightly deserve so i hope noboby on here took my point of view personal as at the time i posted this was the truth but was always convinced the out come would be positive.

as i belive now i have up set some people on here and they seem to have took it personal but let me tell you this i would not abuse my position of knowing something to cheat a person or inflate a price then call you a good friend with me its simple the buyer comes first and will always will with me and will seek to give them the best investment for thier money not put them where i can get the most money in commission as for the first time if they fail to get thier high commission they come around the back of me and then take f,ucking thousands from thier so called good friends well if this is good friends then i will just stick to the few trusted i know.

so i hope you all enjoy your comming holidays and once again if i have PERSONAL UPSET SOMEONE ON HERE IAM ONLY TO WILLING TO PUT THE MATTER STRAIGHT AND ENLIGHTEN YOU ON THE WHOLE MATTER

Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

hi tiger steve i have your photos and met cat thier in sharm i think she took photos and has any info of the site they was working on thier all be it slow then i went by the other day and must say work had inproved on the site on the apartment side so it looks like things has improved all be it slow as for the opening or hand over i will leave you to decide this,
i belive the person INTENSE2 wanted info on the site too, its seems to be the norm with most developers in sharm every once in a while you just have to nudge them, but the problem with sharm is mainly the agents and the people that call themselves agents as to the pricing
WHAT IS THE REAL PRCE OF THE APARTMENTS FROM THE DEVELOPER'
I MY SELF NOW WILL BE INVOLED IN A FIGHT WITH A PERSON VERY SOON AND THE PEOPLE WILL NOW BE SEEN TO OVER VALUING PRICES, NOT FOR THE GOOD OF ME OR THE BUYER BUT ONLY FOR THE GOOD OF THIER OWN GREED AND TOTALLY MISLEADING BUYERS.

I THINK IF AGENTS SEE BUYERS AS REAL PEOPLE AND NOT JUST A GATEWAY TO THE BANK THEN SALES WILL BE BETTER FOR EVERYONE AND THE PRICE WILL BE STABLE AND CREATE AND STABLE MARKET,

BUT WILL SEND YOU THE PHOTOS

tigersteve
Member # 11822

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tigersteve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi mac....much appreciated...look forward to receiving the pics....will speak soon....cheers,steve
Posts: 31 | From: hull | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tigersteve
Member # 11822

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tigersteve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
p.s.....hope you told the one legged,one eyed pigmy builder to get his bloody lazy finger out...LOL...SURELY HE SHOULD BE NEARLY FINISHED....suppose you just cant get the staff nowadays
Posts: 31 | From: hull | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbln70
Member # 13711

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbln70     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all
I have been reading comments on this chat room for a while and surprised from some of the members trying to promote their personal agenda on the account of others and if you inspect their personal involvement and gains you will be surprised

Posts: 19 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

hi steve i will get the shots over too you very soon but camera is a the hospital with my daughter and each time i go i forget so will get it today,
SBLN70
hi wat does those letters stand for if you dont mind me asking.
as for being surprised, no iam not iam just amazed at what they think they have the right to get out off it, for zero input

sbln70
Member # 13711

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbln70     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Mac
It stands for some members promoting their personal issues and attacking others if it conflict with them

Posts: 19 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

personal issues are one thing personal gain at the expense of others who they call friends and mix with business is another and not business like or gentlmen like either [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] strange but will come back to haunt eveyone who treats people as thier own financial gain
sbln70
Member # 13711

Rate Member
It is personal gains at the expense of others
mac0623
Member # 10529

dont know you tell me is this a game of who done it
sbln70
Member # 13711

Rate Member
Very easy just check the posting every.....day
CatTheCat
Member # 13508

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for CatTheCat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am going to stick my neck on the line here and defend Mac!

For those who have never spoken to him personally and have not met him - I can understand why you might think he has an agenda just from his postings however you really are wrong. Mac is genuinely trying to help people not to lose their money and he can show you real life examples of what he's talking about - he's talking from experience not just airing his views.

For reasons I won't go into, Mac's legitimacy was proved to me beyond doubt (you know what I mean Mac and he's still sorry!!) and I will be forever thankful that he opened my eyes enough to see how much conning is going on in Sharm.

Message to the agents who post on here: We might be British but WE DO NOT HAVE MONEY TO BURN!! [Mad] [Mad] Keep inflating the prices on the new developments as much as you like but it is a buyer's market out there and a property is only worth what someone's prepared to pay for it!! [Wink]

Sorry for the rant but I feel better now!!!

goodworth
Member # 12338

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for goodworth         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all
Agents do not inflat prices it is the developer, according to his sales and building progress and the agents follow the developer's lead.

But properties owned by individuals there is a lot of games with price inflation specially in Montazah area the price is inflated in comparison with the rest I agree with you catthecat.

You can blame the gready owners and agents selling there.

Posts: 21 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

well u got tht totally wrong didnt you, i can tell you as many properties sold thier is as many lost with out the developer knowing this comes down to agents greed and where do you get the montazah thought from, montazah is 100% diffetent pricing to the rest of sharm as it is for private use only the cost of the whole project is different as it is from a private company formed by the goverment the whole of montazah is run by this company ,the land prices thier are ten times higher and the building costs are different and too are the building rules,
NOW IF YOU KNOW DIFFERENT IAM ALL EARS

sbln70
Member # 13711

Rate Member
Goodworth
I agree with you in all of the above
Catthecat
I do not know Mac but I noticed on all his postings he is always trying to help all the buyers with advise but always on the negative side concerning any development or agents which leads us all to worry and doubt all the developers and agents as if they will rip us off and leads us to follow his lead to buy from a certain agent or a furniture shop that he is promoting and he think they are the best
For sure there is a lot of honest Egyptian developers and agents working to make a living.

Being British and investing in Egypt you must respect the country,the culture and the people, otherwise why you are moving over there?
For the love of the money or to enjoy the country with the good and the bad?

CatTheCat
Member # 13508

Rate Member
Totally appreciate what you're saying sbln70 and taking Mac out the picture, it's still difficult to know what to do in view of the fact that between themselves, Egyptians tend not to trust one another! So I don't doubt there are honest developers and agents but there are also a lot who are looking to make a quick buck.

I fully respect the country, cluture and particularly the people and I am more than prepared to take the rough with the smooth!

In any event, I don't want to get into heated arguments on here - I just wanted to make the point that unless you have met Mac, don't be too quick to judge. He spent a great deal of time showing me round when I was last there and never tried to pressure me into buying off him or any furniture people! I found his advice very imparital and I have a feeling it's saved me money in the long run.

This is just my view and I do not expect everyone to agree!! C'est la vie! [Big Grin]

mac0623
Member # 10529

in all the properties i sold i did not recommend any furniture shop or tell people to buy grom it my advice is always simple one do your homework this way if it goes wrong then you only have yourself to blame, as i will never say told you so to anyone,
as for speaking down agents/developments this is to wake people up before they jump in and then worry about thier money as many people come for 2 days or so and buy something then worry, you would not buy a car like this would you.so if it takes you a month to find something by this time you would have saved your self 1000s anyone one comes to buy from me i all ways tell them go look else where first then come to me its thier choice and that simple.
I DONT PROMOTE ANYONE ON HERE AND NEVER HAVE DONE FROM AGENTS TO SELLERS OF ANYTHING.

YES I WILL GIVE ADVICE THEN ITS UP TO YOU
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

sbln70
Member # 13711

Rate Member
catthecat
It is difficult to digest that someone will spend his time with all the buyers in Sharm showing them around and giving them an advise without a financial and private gains.

it sounds like a job for a dedicated sales person to meet them all when they arrive to Sharm to share his investment knowledge, so he can make friends with them?

If you do not mind me asking where did you buy Catthecat?

mac0623
Member # 10529

it may be difficult to digest but please take your time as its the truth now i will let cat answer where she brought
goodworth
Member # 12338

Rate Member
Montazah has a nice view from the 1st /second line but when all the plots are finished in the next 3 to 4 years all the plots behind will have no view
The management that you are discribing government (we all know what to expect) which is very bad no walls around the area/security facilties/supermarket/restaurants or banks not even a so called taxi passing through.
The maintenance fees are high around 40 GBP per month.
You need to go to the nearest Hotel to aquire these facilities,to live there you must have a car
We went there with an agent but the prices were inflated in comparison to the facilities supplied,even the maintenance fees are too high around 40 GBP per month
I believe buying within a resort will give us the security and the facilities required for us as a family with children and the prices are much lower

Posts: 21 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

ok lets start from the top you have been given the wrong info £40 a mth who told you that, as for walls and so on what you mentioned all the developers pay towards this its a private company not the goverment security is paid to a private company so if you know montazah you will see this and also montaza is steeped up wards to give all the view as i live thier and know the place like the back of my hand, yes some will have a blocked view but its all about location as well people will pay for this, and people spending millions dont want to be next to a taxi rank with locals sleeping at thier gate way and people coming from the supermarket, so please no the place before making a coment as yes complexes will suit some but not all this i will agree but the rest you have been mislead,
NOW OFF 4 A MEAL

sbln70
Member # 13711

Rate Member
Mac you posted
in all the properties i sold i did not recommend any furniture shop or tell people to buy grom it my advice is always simple one do your homework this way if it goes wrong then you only have yourself to blame, as i will never say told you so to anyone,

HOW MANY PROPERTIES YOU SOLD OR YOU SO CALLED ASSISTED BUYERS IN SHARM I BELIEVE IT IS A VERY LONG LIST

goodworth
Member # 12338

Rate Member
What walls?
Yes Montaza is up on differnt elevations may be the top floor or the roof at the back do have a sea view and most of them will have a blocked view after all the whole area is completed
All the gready builders in Montaza they build one level below the ground level to make extra money and increase their profits and the millions that the Brits have to be go into their pockets
Everyone needs this poor taxi drive sleeping on the street at the gates and the home owners need to go to a supermarket!
if they do not exist no one can go any where!

sbln70
Interesting question

Have a nice meal

mac0623
Member # 10529

ok goodworth u are right to your point and if is how u feel then fine,
slnb71 iam failing to see your point your making, you clearly said that i promote certain shops now u take your time go back and copy and paste where i said this, as for the other question you asked what is your point, and if i said the answer was 1, 4, 5, or zero i fail to see whats your point, goodworth its not an interesting question as it has no point or valid reason to be answered

mac0623
Member # 10529

CAT, thankyou for your coments,
GOODWORTH I SEE YOU HAVE BROUGHT IN SHARM BRIDE,
SLNB 70 where did you purchase?

Major Nort
Member # 13722

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Major Nort     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder how long it will be before the authorities in sharm will deal with the extra level being built in montaza.Everyone knows that the ground is more difficult to build in there because of the geographical feature,but the developers who build there increase thier costs by digging further into the ground to include 1 more level so they can make one quarter more the profit as the cost of labour and materials will cost little more than the legal 3 levels.Montaza is at the moment in the middle of no where so why would someone willing to spend millions want to be there.One quarter of the people who buy there will have no view but the earth around them or the building in front,hardly worth the premium being asked.
I have very much enjoyed reading pennys comments
M.N.

Posts: 28 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

the rules are very straight forward 7m from road level as for going down this is very expensive indeed yes there is some developers has done this but they clear the ground in front, montazah is very good ground to build on due to its nature, as for you thoughts on profit u have this completely wrong, thier is no legal 3 level in montazah so your info is wrong , so now comes to a very good point here with one post and a wealth of misguided info on building, digging, profit,no to mention the thought of the legal side.
so how many more people are going to come on here with one post and really with one aim but not point,
so there is no point is asking you where you brought as i dont believe u have purchased i think you are jacked off for some reason as every time i save someone from wasting thier money in a project that has been going as long as i can remember i tend to find people come here with no history but a wealth of knowledge about nothing,

sbln70
Member # 13711

Rate Member
Mac
You wrote
as for speaking down agents/developments this is to wake people up before they jump in and then worry about thier money as many people come for 2 days or so and buy something then worry

The point I feel that there is no difference between you and any agent in Sharm selling a property because you are selling properties and for sure there is a financial gains for you.

The only difference between you and the agents is the agents are working from an office paying taxes and over heads and do not attack individuals or agents because there must be a code of respect between them
and you are working from this chat room for free attacking them.

I believe that you are selling your property as you are advertizing in every posting and sell for others as well.

How many properties you sold from this chat room so far between you properties and for others?
I believe a lot of people on this chat room would be interested to now like goodworth and me

I did not buy anything yet as we are still looking around, you already made us worried about dealing with any agent in Sharm exept YOU or through you!

goodworth
Member # 12338

Rate Member
Major Nort
I agree with your opinion about Montazaha

sbln70
Interesting statement and interested to know Mac's answer

mac0623
Member # 10529

we have a company in sharm and all duties must be paid,you say in one sentence thier is no difference then say in the next the only difference so which is it.
dont ever think there is no agents on here and working from a shop is a form of security.
thier is good and bad agents in sharm so if you havent brought then you are in a good postion to look around and collect as uch info in your own time.
i havent sold any of my properties from this chat room not one.
i have put people in touch with what i think is trusting people as of yet i dont see them moaning un like the people that has already brough.
so now you know NOT ONE I HAVE SOLD
dont worry about buying in sharm i will say to you as ii do to all if you want any help or advice then ask it free and may help or not the only time you will see me talk directly is when iam very sure ythat certain thing are not right.
there are many good developments in sharm i have met many nice people but thier is some out there for the quick buck and dont give a dam if me or you pay too much for what we are buying and not just buying they make thier money from so enjoy your time looking and take your time dont be rushed by anyone

mac0623
Member # 10529

GOODWORTH-i think i upset you on my coments on your resort where you purchased, but i think my coments gave enough people concern to creat a reaction on the site as before there was no movement at all and now there is movement
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
It is sad to see this argument running on here. Mac has only ever tried to open peoples eyes to some of the bad practices that are taking place in the property market. I have never seen him actively promote his own developments. Yes he has talked of them and he is free to do so. We should be glad to have someone here who is able to share first hand knowledge of what is going on.

I think the following statement must be the most stupid thing I have read on this thead.......

The only difference between you and the agents is the agents are working from an office paying taxes and over heads and do not attack individuals or agents because there must be a code of respect between them ...........

Anyone who truly beleives that shows a complete and utter ignorance for the way the Egyptian business community works.
-------------------------------------------
On another point Mac, I was interested to read Montazah buildings are 4 stories high. I also thought buildings could only be 2 stories because the Gulf of Aquaba sits on a fault line. I was in Sharm during the last earth quake and I can tell you my whole flat moved and shook but thankfully sustained no damage. To be honest though I was surprised because the movement was quite significant and very frightening. Are the 4 stories being built with earth quakes taken into consideration in the construction?

sbln70
Member # 13711

Rate Member
Mac
In your opinion who do you think is a good agent to trust & deal with?

Penny
How does the Egyptian business community works?

mac0623
Member # 10529

penny the law is 7m from road but in montazah the land is un like anywhere else its solid rock and the guide lines are very strict and are adeared to at each stage in building, earth quakes are the biggest consideration as to the strenght of the mixture highest grade and the contrete on all ground floors before any red brick is put in on the upper floors.on the last quake i was in the building and nothing moved we drll down each colum and pour very deep before the base is introduced.
we do not build from a floating base this would be stupid just for the life of the builing alone.
.now in nabq they are asking for ten floors but been given the go ahead for 7 on the new projects, but this is just on sand base so be interesting to see what they do, but iam sure they will get it right as they are a famous company.

SLBN70.
I WILL NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE you find a company that will go out to protect the buyer in all angles and one you find your at ease with. as i feel from your posts i know what is comming next and you will not get me to say or recommend an agent/furniture shop or anyone

mac0623
Member # 10529

AS ONCE YOU STATED SLBN70 I RECOMMEND CERTAIN SHOPS I ASDKED YOU TO COPY AND PASTE THIS AND AS OF YET YOU HAVENT SO PLEASE DONT KEEP ASKING AS I WILL NOT RECOMMEND OR BE LED IN TO THIS BEEN IN THIS GAME ALONG TIME NICE TRY [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]
goodworth
Member # 12338

Rate Member
Mac
The only thing you did so far is to make investors like me and future buyers worried
and slagging the reputation of the developers who are investing millions which I believe is not ethical for sure some visitors on this forum might have thought of buying there and after reading your posts they changed their mind

How do you feel if a person shouts on this forum warning buyers not to deal with you with false accusations?

That will distroy your reputation and your investements

Actually after been on this forum for some time with all the comments you are posting it gives us the feeling that all developers/agents/Egyptians are very bad people

Which is not true, I dealt with some Egyptians and agents and found them very nice and honest

If you do not like the rules regulations government or the way of life in Egypt why are you working/investing/living over there?

When we visit someone at his home we do respect his life style, traditions and way of thinking,and with a smile enjoy what he is offering us how about living in their country?

We should be glad that they permite us to live there.

Major Nort
Member # 13722

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Major Nort     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mac I was very interested in your last message about the way your properties are built.I studied geomechanical engineering at university and was always under the impression that solid rock was good for building on in flood plains and normal terrains/conditions.When you added the location being on a fault line with the likelyhood of earthquakes that all changed.Earthquakes produce kinetic energy which is magnified through solid rock so a pneumatic dampner is usually introduced to absorb the energy that grounds like sandstone,limestone and earth naturally absorb.During my numerous visits to montaza I saw no such items only as you said the concrete pilings which should in theory magnify the shock waves.Why is montaza so different
M.N.

Posts: 28 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sharmer2
Member # 13710

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharmer2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mac how can you say Montazah is unique in the fact that it is a residential development sanwiched between hotels with its own beach - take a look in nabq paradise villas you will find exactly the same? Villas built to owners specification and certainly not villas split into blocks of flats to maximise profit - And as for you not reccomeding an agent i ask you to re-read the following.............

hi again finally fix the lap top.

as to your question and wanting advice.

i have never been a big fan of the agents in sharm for many reasons as i said in many posts thier needs to be one who moves away from the rest and sets the standard to wards its clients there is countless stories i here from many agents now and this is just one you refere to as i was with a couple of other agents last week and these was the people that was starting them and also 2 people that worked for them,sharm is a very small place and it doest take long for rumours to spread and i found these to be the main people spreading them, sharm is very young as regards to real estate and yes there is and may be a few ghosts from the past as regards to all agents, but what i have found that pioneer real has moved away from this and has set standards for both staff and the clients it manages, as we have looked at many agents in sharm to manage our sales and really to be honest i would not trust most of them ,over the last couple of weeks i have seen first hand what the agents are doing from the point of selling to the point of handing over and this i want no part of.

as for pioneer property leaving, they are the only one opening new shops in all areas and what i feel safe with is the way they manage thier clients and how come across from the start to the end of the sale, in the past few months i have spoke to many clients that have purchased through them and not heard from one person that was at all un happy with what they found in the company so my choice would be to put your trust in them as me and my partner had a very good meeting with directors and staff as regards not just to what we want, but as to what the clients wants, as from standards of finishing to handing over on time, now if an agent comes across with the same thoughts as the developer then surely that is not a bad thing,as for over pricing which you refere to i did get this feeling from them as how can they over price my property it is we who set the price and we just agree the commission which the developer pays and then thier is the 1.5 standard buyers fees.

so my thoughts on this is which i have seen in the past its another little war of words between the real estate agents and from what i have seen the others are losing clients to pioneer, because pioneer are putting the ground work in from the very basics and this is what is totally important to me and my partners,

now you may well say beve, well i would say this as they are working for the sale of my properties, but they are not just working for the sale of my properties they are behind the whole sale of the property also protecting your very interest in respects to ,they go through all our paper work from title deeds to contracts ensuring and protecting the clients interests and making sure we dont sell something that is not ours to sell. and all this is done with thier lawyers and it is them that come back to us and tell us what to do and change if they are not happy with what we have done.

now for my final point i have not met one agent that has come to us with this strict code of conduct so from my point of view pioneer property have set stardards and have certainly moved forward with my aproval in many respects, and i guess with many other agents disaproval

of course and i will not get into this with, as to what point will it go, i think at this point we will agree to disagree ant let time be the tell here, and if anything goes wrong i will in due course let you know as i will if iam happy with the service ,and up to the present moment in time iam more then happy as they have taken the pressure from me in a lot of areas and shown a more then a proffessional approach and been very polite , what more can one ask

hi again finally fix the lap top.

as to your question and wanting advice.

i have never been a big fan of the agents in sharm for many reasons as i said in many posts thier needs to be one who moves away from the rest and sets the standard to wards its clients there is countless stories i here from many agents now and this is just one you refere to as i was with a couple of other agents last week and these was the people that was starting them and also 2 people that worked for them,sharm is a very small place and it doest take long for rumours to spread and i found these to be the main people spreading them, sharm is very young as regards to real estate and yes there is and may be a few ghosts from the past as regards to all agents, but what i have found that pioneer real has moved away from this and has set standards for both staff and the clients it manages, as we have looked at many agents in sharm to manage our sales and really to be honest i would not trust most of them ,over the last couple of weeks i have seen first hand what the agents are doing from the point of selling to the point of handing over and this i want no part of.

as for pioneer property leaving, they are the only one opening new shops in all areas and what i feel safe with is the way they manage thier clients and how come across from the start to the end of the sale, in the past few months i have spoke to many clients that have purchased through them and not heard from one person that was at all un happy with what they found in the company so my choice would be to put your trust in them as me and my partner had a very good meeting with directors and staff as regards not just to what we want, but as to what the clients wants, as from standards of finishing to handing over on time, now if an agent comes across with the same thoughts as the developer then surely that is not a bad thing,as for over pricing which you refere to i did get this feeling from them as how can they over price my property it is we who set the price and we just agree the commission which the developer pays and then thier is the 1.5 standard buyers fees.

so my thoughts on this is which i have seen in the past its another little war of words between the real estate agents and from what i have seen the others are losing clients to pioneer, because pioneer are putting the ground work in from the very basics and this is what is totally important to me and my partners,

now you may well say beve, well i would say this as they are working for the sale of my properties, but they are not just working for the sale of my properties they are behind the whole sale of the property also protecting your very interest in respects to ,they go through all our paper work from title deeds to contracts ensuring and protecting the clients interests and making sure we dont sell something that is not ours to sell. and all this is done with thier lawyers and it is them that come back to us and tell us what to do and change if they are not happy with what we have done.

now for my final point i have not met one agent that has come to us with this strict code of conduct so from my point of view pioneer property have set stardards and have certainly moved forward with my aproval in many respects, and i guess with many other agents disaproval

Now to get back to your statement that you have never reccomended any agent in Sharm and people should cut and paste to prove - done! Would like to particularly draw your attention to the following text - although of course, you would never reccomend any agent in sharm ...........so my choice would be to put your trust in them as me and my partner had a very good meeting with directors and staff as regards not just to what we want, but as to what the clients wants, as from standards of finishing to handing. Had to do it because you are just so full of yourself.

Posts: 31 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com