EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Doing Business in Egypt » buying an apartment in Sharm el sheik (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: buying an apartment in Sharm el sheik
Des
Member # 9479

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Des     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now I know everyone and his dog has had a comment
on this but I have recieved the monthly newsletter from Pioneer Property and on the page
advertising Roman Theatre it clearly staes
"FREEHOLD" confused??? I am!! [Confused] [Confused]

Posts: 97 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
meeeeeeee tooooooooooooooo [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]
Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
des how long you in sharm for
Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Des
Member # 9479

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Des     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mac,

Not going down to Sharm till new year - probably
late January.

Laying new carpets etc at the moment - fun??

Posts: 97 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

ok will chat when i see you,
diverdan
Member # 12607

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for diverdan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone
I am new to the site. Just returned from Sharm after a lovely diving holiday. I was so taken in by the place I decided to buy a place for myself when visiting and let it out when not there. I do not know the areas well (at all) or the quality of the builds. Can someone point me in the right direction? Any other advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Posts: 2 | From: uk | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian475
Member # 11095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ian475     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi dan,whereabouts in the uk are you.you cant go wrong studying all the topics on this site and others,there is many pitfalls to buying abroad not just egypt so i can understand you wanting to get as much info as possible,cant blame you for wanting your own place out there though,shame we cant purchase a underwater habitat there as it truly is amazing.
Posts: 117 | From: manchester uk | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
diverdan
Member # 12607

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for diverdan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks ian, yes I am aware of pitfalls, however every country has its own "set of pitfalls". Any ideas about "descent" residential areas?
Posts: 2 | From: uk | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian475
Member # 11095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ian475     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
anywhere in sharm i would have thought was descent,i am not aware of any dodgy parts.
Posts: 117 | From: manchester uk | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Des:
Hi Mac,

Not going down to Sharm till new year - probably
late January.

Laying new carpets etc at the moment - fun??

Me too .. Sharm ...not laying carpets .. got to pack up my flat ready for renting would be good to put some faces to names [Smile]
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Des
Member # 9479

Member Rated:
Hi Penny,

We are going down around 28th Jan for about 10 days, not sure where we are staying yet!!

Yes, it would be nice to put faces to names. Mac is down in Sharm at the moment, supposed to be
coming over for a drink when he returns [Razz] [Razz]

mac0623
Member # 10529

yes just back des had very good week will contact you vey soon,diverdan got your message will return with some ideas for you,very good weather at moment though didnt see much off it
mac0623
Member # 10529

MAL...
got your message but didnt see your villa as i was very busy in fact mal didnt get to see mine.
a lot of changes in the area and much investment

mac0623
Member # 10529

just to say happy x mass to everybody past and present and happy new year
Rayman
Member # 11909

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rayman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone

I am going out to Sharm to complete the legals at El Tor on 25th Jan, for the apartments I have bought in Nabq. I am having trouble getting furniture/white goods sorted out. Prices vary wildly!

Can anyone recommend either a company or furniture and white goods stores in Sharm to go to?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

--------------------
It costs HOW MUCH????

Posts: 34 | From: UK/Sharm | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian475
Member # 11095

hi rayman,if you drop me a pm i will let you have a phone number in sharm that you can try.there is a store due to open in hadaba but not untill february although i am sure if you spoke with the owner you could at least get a idea on values.
mac0623
Member # 10529

hi rayman not heard from you in long time iam just back from sharm and sorted my bedroom ,kitchen out very pleased and my other furniture will arrive soon as i was worried from what i have seen in other places let me know if you want any help,hope you had good xmass
Rayman
Member # 11909

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rayman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mac

Been running around Sharm trying to source a good solicitor and somewhere to get furniture and white goods from, without much success it must be said. Unless you like being ripped off! Which I don't.

Not long been back myself. Going again in Jan. Be good to meet up sometime and buy you a drink.

Stay well.

--------------------
It costs HOW MUCH????

Posts: 34 | From: UK/Sharm | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rayman
Member # 11909

Rate Member
ps Your PM box is full - always welcome your kind assistance mate, unlike some. Any advice always gratefully received. Xmas was good, hope yours was too.

--------------------
It costs HOW MUCH????

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rayman it's well worth taking a trip to Cairo. You can go to one of the hypermarkets like Carefour, you won't get ripped off and you can buy all your white goods with proper Guarantees. They have some very good Korean products with 7 year guarantees. Its very easy to arrange for deliveries to be made to Sharm it really does not cost much. Likewise for furniture there are some very reasonably priced furniture shops in places like City Stars that have modern european style furniture, alot of it is Chinease imports and good quality.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian475
Member # 11095

i considered going to cairo for mine but the logistics swayed my decision to buy locally.i wouldnt expect everything purchased in cairo to reach its destination and anything that didnt go missing would likely be damaged,then there is the timescales of delivery to negotiate so in the end i personaly took the easy option and decided to buy locally at a price that is no doubt dearer than cairo prices,but is a lot simpler to organise.
mac0623
Member # 10529

just emptyed my in box
,hi penny i see you will be in sharm in january do you know what date yet ,iam just trying to sort a date out now but will be there a few times in january.
will you be stopping in your apartment or hotel

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by mac0623:
just emptyed my in box
,hi penny i see you will be in sharm in january do you know what date yet ,iam just trying to sort a date out now but will be there a few times in january.
will you be stopping in your apartment or hotel

Haven't got a date yet, still got too much work but will let you know when I sort myself out.
Rayman
Member # 11909

Rate Member
The logistics of managing things and finding your way around Cairo does put me off a bit, just as it did with Ian. Whilst I expect to pay a small premium by taking "the easy option" by sourcing in Sharm, I don't feel comfortable with the prices I am being quoted, particularly when I can do it for half that amount if I was in the UK! Furnishing an 88sq/m 2 bed apartment with good furnishings and white goods should not be costing £10k! And that is the "cheapest" quote I have had, others are considerably more.

Sooner or later someone will see the enormous opportunity this represents in Sharm and set up a furnishing business locally. I have been told it is possible to purchase white goods locally, but nobody seems to know precisely where.

--------------------
It costs HOW MUCH????

mac0623
Member # 10529

let me know a list of what you want and i will come back to you with a price rayman the price of 10k is crazy i got some good contacts for most things hopefully i will be there on the dates your there so will show you my kitchen bed room furniture,
Rayman
Member # 11909

Rate Member
Hi Mac

Thanks for the offer, will PM you a list seperately. Will be interesting to see what your contacts can do. Thanks

--------------------
It costs HOW MUCH????

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Good quality white goods cost about the same as the UK but I mean good quality and that is going to be your problem in Sharm you will pay higher prices for poor quality and then end up having to buy again in a few years time. I know so many people that have bought water heaters that have packed up after 1 year.

£10K to furnish a small flat is just crazy.

I am working to a budget of £5k to furnish a 130sq meter 3 bed flat and that includes built in wardrobes and kitchen cupboards, white goods etc.

I like the business idea maybe I should become a personal shopper huuuuuuuuuum.

Will let Mac know when I am back and if my plans include a trip to Cairo I might be able to help out.

ian475
Member # 11095

£10k !!!!!!!!!!! does that include a/c and the jaccuzi with 22k gold taps!!! that figure has shocked me.nobody in there right mind would shell out £10k to furnish a 88 sq m appartment surely?
Rayman
Member # 11909

Rate Member
Penny - I'm liking the personal shopper idea - a lot!!! LOL. Guess thats why they add 10% to the prices they quote you as "commission" huh? True about water heaters, saw several people with replacements or old ones being binned although uncertain of age.

Ian - Just the aircon mate, think its solid gold though!! Now I guess you know why I'm trying to find anyone else who can help 'cos I most certainly do not intend to pay that sort of money at all, as long as I'm in my right mind of course. LOL

--------------------
It costs HOW MUCH????

mac0623
Member # 10529

my friends are in cario all the time so will just add it to my list as iam furnihing a few apartments at the moment,
its best to get american air con as will last, but check out put against sqr mtr of room
i belive now thier is a few people starting the furniture trade which is a good thing for sharm,choice and price,

Desperate Housewife
Member # 11445

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desperate Housewife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry but Chrissie is correct and it appears that you are ill informed Mac0623. We own property in Katemeya Heights and El Gouna, and both were purchase during development.

It is true that you can not register property in Egypt until the entire development is complete. And property can only be registered in the governate where it is located.

Therefore if it takes 3 years for your project to be complete even if your villa is complete and ready for occupancy, you cannot register it for 3 years. That's the bottom line.

Also it's true that property in Sharm (or anywhere is Sinai) is only leasehold since 2003. Until now the Egyptian government has yet to set the time limit of the leashold, so I don't know where this 99 years is coming from, it's certainly not a law.

Last but not least, once you register your property as a foreigner, you also have to get permission from state security, so needless to say you could wait 3 years to register and then they could say, sorry your property contract is void due to security concerns. NO KIDDING!!!

Do your research, if you've already purchased good luck, if not I advise a compound nearly or completely finished in Hurghada/El Gouna where it is Freehold.

Most of the agents and lawyers in the redsea will not tell you this, and I'm sure I just made many angry by posting this information.

Posts: 37 | From: egypt | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desperate Housewife
Member # 11445

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desperate Housewife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
your agent is right in one respect but whay price do you put on peace of mind.time frame 3 mths ,cost about 4000-5000le,you will buy by the contact mal and recieve the deed but for the cost of a few hundred pounds the process you dont have to be in the country just sign the power to your lawyer and when your back in the country your contract would have gone through the courts and each paper signed by the sitting judges and you will recieve the blue paper now this will be in arbic but it will say your the owner and approved the contract,so god forbid in time too come if anyone comes back to you or the previous owner says he has the right to buid on top of what you have brought or move his grandmother in with you,and the end of the day you could just buy with the contract but a lot of brits want the piece of mind,in the middle east mal everthing is done within the contract so its up to you and how you feel about it

I'm sorry but this is not correct information. You just paid a lot of bribes to have your contract validated, but not registered. When your property is registered it is put in about 8 different deed books and stamped and must be signed by you personally, no power of attorney is allowed. We went thru this procedure twice.
You and the seller appear in front of a Registrar called a Mashrua, if you didn't do this, then you don't have a properly registered ownership, just some false sense of security.

The registration is 3% of the sales prices, If your property was 1,000,000 LE, then the "proper" registration fees are 30,000 LE. There is also a 5000Le maqbul fee, which is a Land Survey. Most of the lawyers are too ignorant to properly inform people and in the end you are the one out of thousands of Euros with no proof of ownership, as a foreigner, this is too risky. Laws in Egypt change too often. You have to have the entire sales contract in Arabic for it to be valid, they do not register contract in English or any other language.

In fact for any foreigner, make sure any contract you sign is in Arabic, it will not be valid in any court in Egypt if it is not, I don't care what any agent tells you, they can give you a translation, but the signed valid contract needs to be in Arabic, make sure you take the seller's National I.D card number on the contract, if the seller is foreigner, then take their passport on the contract, this is very important, people can go to jail in Egypt for not honoring registered contracts.

For Chrissy,
the reason the guy is telling you registration is not necessary is because over 90% of property in Egypt is not registered.It's true the government didn't make it a required law to register your property, but most people like us do it, just to protect ourselves because we are foreigners, Egyptians may be able to get away with this, but to much of a risk we didn't want to take.

Back to Mac, have a translator tell you if a registration number was added to your contract, this confirms true registration, and you can go to the Mashrua with this number to verify if your contract is recorded with the Deed of Records, if not, then someone screwed you over. Judges can only validate the contract, but only the Mashrua can register the property.

Posts: 37 | From: egypt | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Can I ask where this Mashrua was and where is this register of properties held. Most people, lawyers included say there is no register for properties in Sinai and hence why you go through the court process to validate the contact. The lawyer is given a power of atourney to be able to make your case in the court at El Tour for you so hence a judge does validate the contract.

Out of interest did you get your advice from a Sinai based lawyer or from elsewhere becasue I am starting to have serious doubts about any Sinai based lawyers.

mac0623
Member # 10529

Back to Mac, have a translator tell you if a registration number was added to your contract, this confirms true registration, and you can go to the Mashrua with this number to verify if your contract is recorded with the Deed of Records, if not, then someone screwed you over. Judges can only validate the contract, but only the Mashrua can register the property.

ALL MY CONTRACTS ARE IN ARBIC AND SINGED I DONT NEED ANYONE TO TRANSLATE AND NOT GOING DOWN THE ROAD OF ENDLESS POSTS, BEEN IN THE MIDDLE EAST A LONG TIME ,AND YOU THING IVE BEEN SCREWED OVER, YOUR APPROACH TO THIS MATTER SEEMS STRANGE AS FOR COMING ON SAYING CRISSY IS RIGHT IAM WRONG ,AND NOW YOUR BULLING UP SOMEONE WHO COMES ON PROMOTING SOME ONES SERVICES GIVING OUT NUMBERS,
I CAN ONLY SAY WHAT I KNOW SO WHEATER YOU AGREE OR NOT ,IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD SO I WILL NOT BE DIVERTED IN TO A SLAGING MATCH WITH YOU,

mac0623
Member # 10529

ALL MY CONTRACTS ARE IN ARBIC AND SINGED I DONT NEED ANYONE TO TRANSLATE,DO YOU THINK I GO BUYING PROPERTY WITH MY EYES CLOSED, AND STARTING BUSINESS UP WITH OUT ANY THOUGHT WHATS SO EVER, AND NOT GOING DOWN THE ROAD OF ENDLESS POSTS, BEEN IN THE MIDDLE EAST A LONG TIME ,AND YOU THING IVE BEEN SCREWED OVER, YOUR APPROACH TO THIS MATTER SEEMS STRANGE AS FOR COMING ON SAYING CRISSY IS RIGHT IAM WRONG ,AND NOW YOUR BULLING UP SOMEONE WHO COMES ON PROMOTING SOME ONES SERVICES GIVING OUT NUMBERS,
I CAN ONLY SAY WHAT I KNOW SO WHEATER YOU AGREE OR NOT ,IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD SO I WILL NOT BE DIVERTED IN TO A SLAGING MATCH WITH YOU, AND AS FOR CRISSY WHO YOU PROMOTE SHE IS ON THE OTHER SITES BUT UNDER DIFFERENT NAME SAYING THE SAME THING AS YOU ,NOW THATS STRANGE [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Desperate Housewife
Member # 11445

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
Can I ask where this Mashrua was and where is this register of properties held. Most people, lawyers included say there is no register for properties in Sinai and hence why you go through the court process to validate the contact. The lawyer is given a power of atourney to be able to make your case in the court at El Tour for you so hence a judge does validate the contract.

Out of interest did you get your advice from a Sinai based lawyer or from elsewhere becasue I am starting to have serious doubts about any Sinai based lawyers.

That's correct, your contract was validated by a judge which is what I said above, but the property was not registered. We were informed by my husband's company's attorney (which was provided for us) not a Sinai attorney.

This is why we didn't buy in Sharm, and chose El Gouna, it's registered in Hurghada City Council has a Mashrua (Register of Deeds). We were told that there is no registration of Sharm properties because you can only register FREEHOLD and not LEASEHOLD This is way a survey is required with the registration, it will tell you where your land parameters are. I have in my notes here 3 laws that deal with foreign ownership of real estate, they are Law 230/1996,Law 143/1981. and Law 15/1963, and these are the only laws the Egyptian government that deal specifically with foreign ownership, they do not apply to leasholds.

You can ask any competent attorney (outside of Sinai) and they will inform you that as of yet the parliament has not ruled on how long the leasehold will be, Therefore no foreign owned properties in Sinai can be registered, which is why I said Chrissy is correct.

Your validated contract means you still own your property, you just don't own the land under it. And it will stand up in any Egyptian court, you even have the rights to transfer it, etc.

Desperate Housewife
Member # 11445

Member Rated:
quote:

ALL MY CONTRACTS ARE IN ARBIC AND SINGED I DONT NEED ANYONE TO TRANSLATE,DO YOU THINK I GO BUYING PROPERTY WITH MY EYES CLOSED, AND STARTING BUSINESS UP WITH OUT ANY THOUGHT WHATS SO EVER, AND NOT GOING DOWN THE ROAD OF ENDLESS POSTS, BEEN IN THE MIDDLE EAST A LONG TIME ,AND YOU THING IVE BEEN SCREWED OVER, YOUR APPROACH TO THIS MATTER SEEMS STRANGE AS FOR COMING ON SAYING CRISSY IS RIGHT IAM WRONG ,AND NOW YOUR BULLING UP SOMEONE WHO COMES ON PROMOTING SOME ONES SERVICES GIVING OUT NUMBERS,
I CAN ONLY SAY WHAT I KNOW SO WHEATER YOU AGREE OR NOT ,IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD SO I WILL NOT BE DIVERTED IN TO A SLAGING MATCH WITH YOU, AND AS FOR CRISSY WHO YOU PROMOTE SHE IS ON THE OTHER SITES BUT UNDER DIFFERENT NAME SAYING THE SAME THING AS YOU ,NOW THATS STRANGE [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

I don't have the patience to stroke your delicate ego, so for all intents and purposes, let's say the above response to you was more for the benefit of others reading this, than yours. And hopefully it will allow them to make informed intelligent decisions without a lot of smiley faces to make a point.
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Desperate Housewife:
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:

That's correct, your contract was validated by a judge which is what I said above, but the property was not registered. We were informed by my husband's company's attorney (which was provided for us) not a Sinai attorney.

This is why we didn't buy in Sharm, and chose El Gouna, it's registered in Hurghada City Council has a Mashrua (Register of Deeds). We were told that there is no registration of Sharm properties because you can only register FREEHOLD and not LEASEHOLD This is way a survey is required with the registration, it will tell you where your land parameters are. I have in my notes here 3 laws that deal with foreign ownership of real estate, they are Law 230/1996,Law 143/1981. and Law 15/1963, and these are the only laws the Egyptian government that deal specifically with foreign ownership, they do not apply to leasholds.

You can ask any competent attorney (outside of Sinai) and they will inform you that as of yet the parliament has not ruled on how long the leasehold will be, Therefore no foreign owned properties in Sinai can be registered, which is why I said Chrissy is correct.

Your validated contract means you still own your property, you just don't own the land under it. And it will stand up in any Egyptian court, you even have the rights to transfer it, etc.

Thanks for clarifying that. It would have been helpful if you could have made it clear that you were refering to the law on the mainland. I think most of the posters on this thread have bought in Sinai and we do understand that there are different laws there. I would certainly register property purchased anywhere else in Egypt but it is just not possible in Sinai. Hopefully this is something the government will address one day but there are many political reasons why it will probably never happen.
mac0623
Member # 10529

I WAS JUST READING YOU POSTS ON OTHER MATTERS IN THE FORUM,AND AS I WAS READING I START TO GET A CLEAR PICTURE OF A PERSON WHO COPY AND PASTES WHAT PEOPLE PUT THEN JUST DROP YOUR OWN LINES AT THE BOTTOM CRITICIZING WHAT PEOPLE ARE HAVING A DEBATE ON THEN MOVE ON TO SOMEONES ELES DEBATE AND DO THE SAME THIER,AND WITH OUT MAKING ANY GENUINE CONTRIBUTION TO REALLY ANY GIVEN SUBJECT,.SO NOW WITH OUT ANY PROMPT YOU ATTACK ME WHILE BULLING CRISSY NAME,AND LETS GET ONE THING REALLY CLEAR HERE,THIS IS A SMILLEY FACE [Smile] WHICH MAKES NO POINT,BUT JUST GIVES AN EXPERSSION I USED [Eek!] WHICH STILL MAKES NO POINT BUT GIVES A CLEAR INDICATOR HOW I AM THINKING ABOUT YOUR POST AND REALLY WHAT IS YOUR AIM IN THIS MATTER,
TELL ME ARE YOU A TEACHER AS WELL

mac0623
Member # 10529

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL DONT GET TO DRUNK
mac0623
Member # 10529

PENNY willl be in sharm in and around 25th jan to sort out my furnishings so if your about will be great to meet up,i will contact des to see what he is doing,as i was to meet him the other week but it wasnt to be with axmas and family.
hopeall is going ok with the apartment

mac0623
Member # 10529

penny ,des will be in sharm on the 25th of jan at the crown plaza resort for a week if your about will be glad to meet up for a coffee
frajack
Member # 12800

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for frajack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi there everyone we will be in sharm very shortly we will be looking at a few areas of sharm and find a huge price difference,we are looking north of sharm,also we see thier may be a problem with furniture purchase,ie,choice,price wise.
thier seems to be a lot of good info on this thread and forum,i spoke with mac and seems fair as things go ,but would like to see other people who are in this process at the moment.
also got good feed back from the people he helped

Posts: 2 | From: london | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rayman
Member # 11909

Rate Member
Hi

I am not a regular poster on this site but am always in the background reading stuff from the experienced folks on here like Penny, Mac, Ian, Des and many others. Since I have learned a little bit over the last few months, I thought I would answer your post.

I have found tons of info on this thread and have forged friendships with people who have given unselfishly of their time to help prevent people like us falling into traps that are easily avoided. Mac has been a goldmine in that regard and has help me enormously and selflessly.

My apartment is in Nabq, north of Sharm. Its in a complex on the 2nd line behind a large mall opposite the Millenium Hotel. They are all either 1 or 2 bed apartments, 4 to a floor and 2 floors high. 1 bed is approx 45sq/m and 2 bed approx 80sq/m measured the Egyptian way, so it includes a percentage of the communal areas.

The biggest problem is overcoming the "I don't know who these people are" syndrome as you hand over thousands of ££££'s of your hard earned cash, not knowing if you'll see it or them again.

Then, its recognising whether the pricing is genuine or not - if in doubt, check on here as I did. It was apparent pretty quickly that I was headed towards Ripoffville.

If you're looking for a business opportunity, then opening a furnishings and white goods store in Sharm will no doubt nett a huge fortune for the brave - it has proven to be the single most frustrating and difficult thing to accomplish! That said, Penny was thinking of becoming a Personal Shopper!! LOL

The packages offered are just totally unrealistic and like so many that have gone before, most people will opt for the easy way out by paying the prices quoted because of the uncertainty of getting things from Cairo.This site has saved me about £3k on basic furnishings alone.

If you can find a lawyer yourself, they are usually much cheaper than the ones offered through agents and are easy to find.

I chose Nabq because it is still relatively quiet, although there is a lot of Malls being built along the last stretch of road between Millenium and the other side of the Oriental. 2 of the 7 or 8 malls being built have just been finished called EL Khan and Strada. There is a new golf course not far from here either and I believe that when its all done, you won't need to go to Naama Bay for anything anymore - at least I hope not!

Prices are variable but at the end of the day its about whether you are happy to pay the asking price on the basis of it being the right place for you, having due regard to selling prices in surrounding areas. I found that 1st line apartments that were almost as far to the beach to walk, as mine, were about £20k more just because they were on the other side of the road and only about 30metres closer to the beach than I was!

I'm not sure if I've told you anything you wanted to know or didn't already know, but I'll help if I can with what little experience I have gained.

I will be in Sharm next week along with a few other erstwhile forum members for a few beers and more furniture hunting!

mac0623
Member # 10529

thanks for that rayman,lets see what this week brings and what we can achive in a short time gap and point you in the right direction,its all about getting out there and meetig people
ian475
Member # 11095

hi rayman and thanks but i consider that i am also still learning just as you and hundreds of others,there is certainly much to take in to avoid the rip off syndrome for sure.strange how everything is not allways as it seems.are you meeting up with the person i told you about?if so i am sure you will find him accomodating to your requirements,sharmdreamz store may even be nearly ready for opening by then!!!! THEIR has been mention by mac and frajack about another store due to open called poineer which i assumed was a misspelling of pioneer?but they have both called it this,anyhow whatever its called it should create competition and even more choice for people when it opens.have a great and successfull trip.
mac0623
Member # 10529

i dont know who this ladys agent is but she must have heard the same as i did and quite afew others have asked the same question,as to PIONEERS PROPERTY furniture shop,but will be with rayman next week,i think this is what sharm has been lacking at the moment as regards to the furniture trade, .i wish i had a pound for every person that asks me where to buy furniture over the last 18 mths,
if JOHN R is reading thier was a guy that contacted me about the el hyatt so i told him about you,did you get your furniture out with your 3 apartments?.
as for anyone copying my grammer i dont advise this as pointed out many times before.
had to laugh though my wife was at grammer school and we was arguing over how a certain word was spelt as many people on here spell it the same way and and i pointed out it was wrong, so out came the dictionary, and hey! i was right,
the word was RECOGNIZE AND RECOGNIZING many people spell this with a
"S" and not a, Z

mac0623
Member # 10529

RAYMAN GOT YOUR E MAIL photos was very good of bathrooms,and kitchens will be able to use a few ideas of them, tried your e mail but just kept comming back to me i hope you dont mind i sent them on to my partner and told him you will be there we me in the week in same hotel,
Rayman
Member # 11909

Rate Member
No problem at all Mac, least I can do in exchange for all your help. If I have room, I'll bring my laptop and give you a quick demo. It doesn't take all that long if you have an idea of what you want. Not sure about prob on e-mail though, am receiving ok. Will send you another bathroom sample later on.

--------------------
It costs HOW MUCH????

mac0623
Member # 10529

thanks i got it now just sent the others over to sharm now ,e mail ok now, will you have room with the cooker in your case,lol
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com