EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » The Never-Ending Blabber (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Never-Ending Blabber
Viriato
Member # 13983

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viriato     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You sir, are jerk, possibly even a bigger jerk than myself. Congratulations. For all the knowledge you seem to posess, you are unable to rise above your own twisted personality. I actually thought it was only me, but after seeing your general behaviour in this forum I know better.
If you actually think that answering "AE and other Black Africans" when I asked who the R.mt and the Nehesi were is pertinent answer, then I do not know what to make of you..
Dumbstruck indeed, but not by what you may think..

Goodbye!

Posts: 218 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a nice day. [Smile]
Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Miguel Antunes:
[QB] "Unless you can give a good reason as to why an English definition of a word or phrase should be thrown out at your convenience..."

[quote]I already gave my reason. It makes little sense..to me.
Is it a good reason? Who cares? I don't. Obviously in my mind it's a good reason but it might not be in yours. I don't expect anyone to follow my reasoning, but expressing my opinion won't hurt now will it? (even if I could have choosen a better place)

Your reasoning is crappy and I've addressed this above in detail. You're biased, which is why you're not nit-picking over the other definitions in which blackness applies, that I exemplified. You only choose to apply your critique when it is applied to AEs, yet your reasoning is arbitrary since you don't repeat this crusade in the face of all of the other definitions that correlate to the word "black". Therefore, your opinion is nonsense and I can just as easily cop-out by saying nothing exists and it is my opinion, therefore it is valid. But no, we're not kids here and we run our lives by the rules of logic, and since you do not comply with these rules, you can easily be seen as a joke. So again, you have no point and no one really cares as much as they are annoyed by your persistent appeals to ignorance and trying to pass them off as a free-right opinion.

quote:
Never said so. In fact, I did the opposite, and I'll do it again, by that definition AE were Black persons.
In which I will repeat. Unless you can do so, you have no point. Bringing us back to that context, again, you have no point then.

quote:
Besides, I never expected my opinion to be well received, and I have said so many times.
Probably because you realize how much of a loony opinion it is and maybe your only motivation is to troll.

quote:
My opinion is valid to me yes, since it's my opinion.
Then can you not be considered a loon by social standards? Since your opinions are again, loony and seem to dwell beyond the parameters of reality or practical knowledge?

quote:
Until I change my opinion (which has happened, for example, I did believe in the past that AE were "Meds", since that was the information conveied to me, so trying to convince me of something once my mind is set is not worthless..) it will remain valid..to me. Which is what matters..to me.
Don't like it? Fine by me!

Do not act like a brat merely because you make no sense and others are calling you out for it. Opinions do not matter and no one here is concerned with your opinions, unless of course your opinion has some type of foundation in logic and is proposed to bridge some kind of gap in information. So far, your opinion on this is about as valid as a rooster's opinion of M-Theory as a plausible model for the universe. [Smile]

quote:
Just some questions though.
Is this really fair when you have not addressed the questions presented to you above? Life isn't fair however, so I'll try my best to answer your questions.

quote:
For example, in the case of the Greeks it seems they were merely describing a certain skin tone "white women" "white persian" and not talking about an ethnic group.
Wait a minute!! But you claimed that no one is literally "white", yet we have references to where Greeks literally referred to people as "white". Moving the goal post is a pathetic tactic and won't work here. The ethnic appellation applies to both geography (which indicates common origins) and complexion (which is indicative of the common origin). So this is irrelevant.

quote:
Seems it was different it the Arabs (equating Europeans with white) and other groups (equating Arabs and light Berbers with white) But was it like today?
It is no different since many Arabs of today won't insist on being called "white" as many are fairly dark, and the Berber and Arab traders at timbuktu were indeed relatively light complexioned relative to the indigenous people of Songhai, who were in turn referred to as Sudani, or "blacks" (Bilad al-Sudan).

quote:
I honestly didn't know about this, never really cared about the concept of white, never felt it defined me or my people. Or any European people for that matter.
If you're not white, then why be concerned. If you are white and are still concerned, I'm not sure how this applies to your people adhering to the term and using it themselves for many centuries. "Your people" apparently are in the majority, while you're not so "your people" all must be as delusional as you seem to be, no?

quote:
Yes, I asked who they were, and the answer was quite underwhelming.
No, it was straight forward. Rm.t = Egyptians and Nehesi = "people of the south"(other africans).

quote:
Now this was my main point. I did got off on a tangent about my opinion of the term "black african" (or any other similar "racial label"), but the fact is no one seemed to care much about my question in itself, simply on "humiliating the troll" or whatever.
For one, "black african" in its literal sense is not a "racial" moniker, but a descriptive term for dark-skinned natives of Africa and their close descendants. I'm not posting the dictionary definition any longer, so please scroll up and referr to it.

quote:
Something which is totaly fruitless (as was my tirade about black african not meaning anything, I now recognize that, it should have been left for another topic or not mentioned at all).
The reason that you shouldn't have mentioned it is because you only set yourself up for contradiction and humiliation; in effect, exposing yourself as a definite troll.

quote:
So, in short, who were the Rm.t and the Nehesi? Were they the only other groups labeled as black by the AE?
The Rm.t were the AE, they are one and the same. The Nehesi were all other native Africans known by the Egyptians.
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
^ Suggestion to the forum. Do not answer this dumbstruck trolls questions over and over again.

Good advice.. [Smile]
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miguel Antunes = an insane troll who has been banned multiple times but keeps coming back to spew his nonsense only to be humiliated as usual.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Macawiis
Member # 11724

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Macawiis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Djehuti, Miguel is not insane and hasn't been banned multiple times on ES, nor does he deny a african origin of AE

having observed his behaviour on different forums (most of the times white dominated forums) he is far from a troll trying to promote a non African origin for A.Egypt or a person that has a personal vendetta(or Agenda) against Africans both continental and diasporic so i don't agree with these demeaning posts towards him

Posts: 275 | From: .. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

^This is however, the same Miguel from the Biodiversity forums who thought that dark skinned people were never a substantial group in north africa, and that "Caucasoids" were even more dominant then, than even today, no?. So indeed, it may in fact be a classic case of blissful ignorance rather than trolling, concerning his so-called "opinion" at least. The fact that his responses are for the most part, completely illogical however, only leaves two options. Either he actually is a troll and this is a deliberate affront to the stability of the forum and sanity of its users, or he's irreconcilably stupid. In this case, "troll" is actually a compliment and if I were him, this is how I'd choose to self-identify. [Smile]
Macawiis
Member # 11724

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Macawiis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sundiata i've encountered individuals much worse, and my point was; if you don't like a person's post or topic then ignore it, just let the person be don't go analyzing a person's background or start putting the ''banned individual of the past'' tag on him/her. I've seen these demeaning posts being projected at Marc Washington aswell and i personally don't agree with it

this forum receives new members each day so if some members dislike repetitive questions, ES will definitely continue to be iritating

advice: just click ''ESC'' and to Miguel i suggest you use the ''search'' engine, i'm sure most of your future queries have allready been answered there.

i have to wake up early so i'm out, please don't start psychoanalyzing my posts this is genuine advice from another member

Posts: 275 | From: .. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Originally posted by Sundiata:
^This is however, the same Miguel from the Biodiversity forums who thought that dark skinned people were never a substantial group in north africa, and that "Caucasoids" were even more dominant then, than even today, no?.

Hahaha. Now he's a *busted* troll. [Big Grin]

quote:
Sundiata i've encountered individuals much worse.
That's called -> *damned* with feint praise.
quote:
And to Miguel i suggest you use the ''search'' engine, i'm sure most of your future queries have allready been answered there.
Your advice will go unheeded. Trolls do not use the search engine.

Why?

Because they do not seek knowledge. Their goal is to gain attention for themselves and their agenda. Searching is useless for this purpose.

Henu
Member # 13490

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miguel Antunes, do not call people "jerks," and rasol and Djehuti, your use of "troll" is unwarranted.
Posts: 113 | From: Dayr al-Barsha | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
The Greeks referred to women as white and also designated this trait to many of the Persians. Many Arabs of the Middle Ages referred to Europeans as whites and the Songhay referenced the Berber and Arab merchants at Timbuktu as "white minorities", who were under the responsibility of the Korei-Farma. "White person" is not a new concept, sorry to inform you.
"We Blacks have conquered the country of the Arabs as far as Mecca and governed them. The desert swarm with the number of our men who married your [Arab] women and who became chiefs and defended you against your enemies.

You even have sayings in your language which vaunt the deeds of our kings - deeds which you often placed above your own; this you would not have done had you not considered them superior to your own.

We defeated Dhu Nowas (Jewish ruler of Yemen) and killed all the Himyarite princes, but the Arabs and Whites (from Europe) have never conquered our country.

Our people, revolted forty times in the Euphrates, driving the inhabitants from their homes...Blacks are physically stronger. A single one of them can lift stones of great weight and carry burdens such as several whites could not lift nor carry between them. They are brave, strong...- these good traits are the gifts of God."
-

Risalat mufakharat al-sudan 'ala al-bidan (Superiority Of The Blacks To The Whites)
Al-Jihaz (778-868)

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sundiata:

^This is however, the same Miguel from the Biodiversity forums who thought that dark skinned people were never a substantial group in north africa, and that "Caucasoids" were even more dominant then, than even today, no?.

Looks like Miguelito is busted! [Big Grin]
Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Originally posted by Henu:
Miguel Antunes, do not call people "jerks," and rasol and Djehuti, your use of "troll" is unwarranted.

Moderator is a difficult and thankless task, so, much respect to you.

RE Antunes: Actually 'troll' is a warranted description and Djehuti and Sundiata are correct about Antunes and I agree with them.

Precisely - Antunes is a 'concern troll'.

A concern troll feigns 'concern' for a community or group, when his real motives are hostile towards them.

The analogy is with someone who urinates in the public water supply, then turns up at the civic council meeting expressing 'concern' about the water quality.

Antunes stated in this thread that 'caucaZoid' has no validity for him.

In fact, he is and advocate for this concept which he promotes with a great deal of zealotry.

Probably he is another ethnocentric southern European trying to rescue himself from the 'stain' of Black blood by eliminating Blacks from history.

This seems to be a common psychosis among some southern European ethnocentric ethnophobes [Jamie/Salassin, Evil Euro, Dienekes], all suffer from this inferiority complex which is manifest in their anti-Black ideology and all the fake excuses than can muster in attempt to justify it.

But regardless of the reasons for his deception and hypocrisy, Antunes is busted, and it was perceptive for Sundiata and Djehutu to recognize this and call him out.

Yom
Member # 11256

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Actually you're rather off in your assessment. He doesn't really consider himself "white" or "caucasoid" and in fact considers himself "part African" (with African referring to dark-skinned ones, not just light-skinned North Africans) since Portuguese have maternal L lineages and some E3b. I've known his views for a while now, and you just misinterpreted his views on the backdrop of the usual southern European insecurity. I can assure you that he's the complete opposite of this phenotype. So rather than Sundiata and Djehuti being perceptive, they were being overly suspicious. Macaawis knows him too, and testified as such; Yonis can also do so, as he has interacted with him plenty in the past. X-Ras/Mackandal as well.

There are concern trolls, but Miguel is not one of them.

--------------------
"Oh the sons of Ethiopia; observe with care; the country called Ethiopia is, first, your mother; second, your throne; third, your wife; fourth, your child; fifth, your grave." - Ras Alula Aba Nega.

Posts: 1024 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viriato
Member # 13983

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viriato     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I'll be the first to assume my presence here was quite trollish, and I can understand why people reacted they way they did, specially having being trolled so much in the past. I was not totally innocent into comming here, and did made arguments out of things that really didn't matter at all. So I was acting like a fool, that much is true.

I don't see how I was busted due that post which I made more than 6 months ago. I've already admited that I used to think AE were Caucasoid Meds, and that I know I was wrong. Can't people change their oppinion?
I also know that a term like caucasoid means nothing, and that there always were "black" people in the Maghreb. And that the natives received Middle-Eastern and European lineages which would have lighten them up.
Looking back at those posts I do think I was wrong in my motives and in what I said.
I still have some doubts obviously. By looking at UV map I can't see why indigenous Mahgrebis couldn't be light brown. Of course, I also know that being African isn't being some stereotypical congoid and that so called caucasoid features are indigenous to Africa as well so North Africans having them means nothing. Which ties with E3b which isn't a Caucasoid lineage obviously despite what I might have thought. So in short, yes I was wrong back then.

I never posted here before, nor was I banned. I don't have any racist feelings at all nor do I have anything personal at stake...now. If you go even further back you will see posts that contradict what I just said. Simply because I changed in the meanwhile. Despite the wrong things and said here and the lack of judgement I showed, the motivation that people like Rasol are trying to impose me is not true. I have no problem at all with being mixed, having black blood or any other kind of blood for that matter.

I hope this explains it well. And thanks for the support from those who gave it.

Posts: 218 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
He doesn't really consider himself "white" or "caucasoid" and in fact considers himself "part African"
I have no idea what he considers himself. But he claimed the concept of caucasoid was invalid in this thread, [for the purpose of lending some appearance of balance to his anti Black diatribe], but in fact he advocates the concept of 'africa-caucaZoids' elsewhere.

If he believes this term is invalid, then why does he advocate it? This constitutes dishonesty by way of deception and hidden agenda, which is a form of trolling.

Your defense of him doesn't address this at all, and is really irrelevant to his trolling.

quote:
I can assure you that he's the complete opposite of this phenotype.
I can't speak to his phenotype, nor do I care.

Private assurance about personal appearance is immaterial to the issue at hand.

quote:
In fact considers himself "part African"
Which is why he is desparate to qualify North Africa as caucaZoid. That makes sense and furthers the explanation of why he is and anti-Black-African troll.

quote:
Since Portuguese have maternal L lineages and some E3b.
And Benin Hbs yes. Now, let him come back here and tell the truth and admit that the Portugese are part Black, and he can clear himself of any suggestion that he is a phony hypocritical lying troll.

quote:
There are concern trolls, but Miguel is not one of them.
He is. And none of your assurances by the way of apologetics actually addressed his lies or deceptions in this regard.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I maybe wrong about him-- that he is not Jaimie.

Be that as it may, his behavior is still odd and somewhat suspicious as it is very similar to Jaimie's.

rasol
Member # 4592

^ No he's not Salassin/Jamie. His behavior is similar because he suffers from the same 'condition'. [Wink]
Viriato
Member # 13983

Member Rated:
@Rasol:

Obviously you were writing your post when I posted mine. Please read it, you will see that I changed my mind, and yes it was recently, so 6 months ago I had other ideas, and that Portuguese are the Europeans who have most black blood afaik as I know. Including E3b yes.

Yom
Member # 11256

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoops! I did not mean to say "phenotype." I meant to say "stereotype." I hope this clarifies what I meant, rasol.

--------------------
"Oh the sons of Ethiopia; observe with care; the country called Ethiopia is, first, your mother; second, your throne; third, your wife; fourth, your child; fifth, your grave." - Ras Alula Aba Nega.

Posts: 1024 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com