EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Why lioness and kinfolk should refrain from imposing their sick ideologies on EA art (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Why lioness and kinfolk should refrain from imposing their sick ideologies on EA art
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

quote:

The ‘Two Brothers’ were first unwrapped at the Museum in 1908, a year after they were discovered by the great Egyptologist Flinders Petrie and his team, and have been on show there ever since.

source

Coffin of Khnum-Nakht below:

-

Reconstruction of Khnum-Nakht below:

-

Coffin of Nekht-Ankh below:

-

Reconstruction of Nekht-Ankh below:

-

Actual skull of Khnum-Nakht below:

-

Actual shot of Khnum-Nakht torso and crania below:

-

Actual skull of Nekht-Ankh below

-

Why lioness and her kinfolk should refrain from imposing their sick ideologies on EA art!!

Art is not REAL, but subjective.
And so are the opinions and paradigms of the artist when they made their art
And so are our opinions about the paradigms the artist himself held in high regard when he made his art
And so are OUR opinions of what the artist depicted (African, Indian, nordic etc)
And so are OUR opinions on what the artist meant when he depicted what he depicted
(simple illustration of whats out there in the world, actual ancient Egyptian,
Nubian)

Unless something is stated by the artis himself or there is actual reasoning that justifies any claim, you're just exposing your own bias

Stop drooling over king Tuts small mouth and his large brows and get a life!

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To make matters even worst for Eurocentric art droolers, the first coffin that contained Khnum-Nakht, that is the one with lighter painted coffin, held the body that was considered negroid, while the second coffin, the one with the pitch black painted face, held the remains of what was taught of as ''caucasian'' when early researchers found them:

quote:
The report into the anatomical finding begins with the observation that there was a "remarkable racial difference in the features presented by each. These differences are so pronounced that it is almost impossible to convince oneself that they belong to the same race, far less to the same family.

Of course, now that we have the reconstructions, we can see that both crania had broad facial features, while displaying the cranial features that are typical of Eastern Africans.

The slight build of Nekht-Ankh, the so-called less negroid of the two, further substatiates that he belonged to gracile Africans of whom the EA were a variant:

quote:

On first inspection of the bones at this skeleton the writer was much struck with their slimness, delicate moulding, and the faintness of the muscular impressions; indeed, their female character proved to be so pronounced that at first it was difficult to be sure that the skeleton was really that of a male. The pelvis was reunited and proved to have all the characteristics of a male".

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kalonji

Nice Post. What can be said but that people should stop thinking since a Coffin of an egyptian is painted lighter, does not mean that is really how they Looked. It's like the statue of Tut that is painted jet black. There maybe some other reason for the painted coffin.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very enlightening - those faces look very Hausa and Cameroonian.

--------------------
D. Reynolds-Marniche

Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
^^
It's about time the drooling over so called non-African features in art stopped.

Some people just don't progress.
Instead of moving forward, they go backward.
They drool over King Tuts bust and start imagining away about ''possible indian ancestry'' (WTF??) when we have anthropology. Where do they do that at?

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Questionable reconstruction drawing of Nesyamuns coffin by a European below:

-

The REAL coffin below:

-

The skull/face of Nesyamun below:

-

The reconstruction of Nesyamuns skull/face below:

-

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
^This is not to say that all ancient Egyptians had broad facial features, or that those who didn't have them were not Africans.

This is just to contrast the depictions in art, and the reconstructions of the same persons. And to refrain from unschooled opinionating based on artwork.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Both statues/coffins below belong to Sekhemre Herwhormaat, who is the same entity as Intef VIII of the 17th dynasty:

-

-

quote:
Intef VIII (or Antef) Sekhemreheruhirmaat was an Egyptian king of the Seventeenth dynasty of Egypt, who ruled during the Second Intermediate Period, when Egypt was divided between the Theban based 17th Dynasty in Upper Egypt and the Hyksos 15th Dynasty who controlled Lower and part of Middle Egypt.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Ka-aper statue below:

-

Ka-aper Mural depiction below:

-

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Coffin of Bakt Hor Nekht below:

-

X-ray Bakt Hor Nekht inside her coffin below:

-

^The degree of dissimilarity is staggering

Bakt Hor Nekht face/skull below:

-

Bakt Hor Nekht face/skull in profile below:

-

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
X ray of a person with African morphology inside a coffin with an ortochnathous profile below:

-

Another X ray of a person with African morphology inside a coffin with an ortochnathous profile below:

-

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
The coffin of Meresamun, a singer-priestess in Thebes:

-

iCT scan of the coffin & Cranium of Meresamun below:

-

Closeup iCT scan of the coffin & Cranium of Meresamun below:

-

^Notice the nice visible contrast between the ortochnathous coffin, and the prognathous cranium
Notice the protruding chin on the coffin, but the receding chin on the cranium

The frontal view of Meresamun below:

-

quote:
Meresamun’s identity is unclear. Her name, shown in an inscription on the casket, means “She Lives for Amun” (an Egyptian god).
quote:
She was an attractive woman with wide-set eyes, a symmetrical face, prominent cheekbones and a long neck.
quote:
According to the inscription she served as a “Singer in the Interior of the Temple of Amun”, one of a number of priestess-musicians who performed during rituals dedicated to the god.
quote:
Meresamun was one of the higher ranking “interior” singers, some of whom served members of the Egyptian ruling family
quote:
The scans suggest she was about five foot five inches tall and aged in her late 20s or early 30s when she died.
Source
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Harwa’s coffin below:

-

Harwa’s Skull/face below:

-

Reconstruction of Harwa’s face below:

-

quote:
The team started with the wrapped mummy of Harwa, an artisan who is thought to have lived sometime between 945 and 715 B.C. The mummy was found in the early 1900s in Egypt's Valley of the Queens by Italian Egyptologist Ernesto Schiaparelli, and brought to the Egyptian Museum in Turin.
quote:
Based on the virtual reconstruction, the researchers said Harwa was about 45 years old when he died. "The teeth are in poor condition, and no other evidence of disease can be seen," they said.

BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too have noticed that, when you look at the mummified remains of ancient Egyptians from the dynastic period, they often seem a little prognathous. Not quite as prognathous as West or Central Africans, maybe, but certainly more prognathous than what you'd expect from "Caucasoids". Of course, that's just my layman's eyeballing; someone should really do an anthropometric study on how common prognathism is in dynastic Egyptian mummies.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kalonji:
Ka-aper statue below:

-

Ka-aper Mural depiction below:

-

Wow - this is something that would drive the average Stormfronter up a wall. Eurocentric academics always liked to show the top sculpture in books, of course neglecting to mention the brown paint still found on other parts of his body as is the same with some of the other Old Kingdom scribes.

Lyin'ess where are you. [Eek!]

Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pure_Egyptian
Member # 17995

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure_Egyptian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, i am an egyptian myself, and you can find all those faces in Egypt and Egypt only, AE and Modern Egyptian are of the same stock, AE are not black, and how dare you guys compare my people to those spear chuckers in cameroon and other west/central african countries like that
Posts: 61 | From: Egyptian | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pure_Egyptian

Whats wrong with you? You think that Cameroonians are spear chuckers? Why do you have to be so ignorant and racist? If you can refute what Kalonji has posted then do so.

Your opinion does not hold much merit. AE IS Linked with other Africans Read these studies then take a breather and come back and communicate with respect. No need for racism, Now read these studies that were done on AE:

Ancient Egyptian as an African Language, Egypt as an African Culture

Christopher Ehret
Professor of History, African Studies Chair
University of California at Los Angeles

Ancient Egyptian civilization was, in ways and to an extent usually not recognized, fundamentally African. The evidence of both language and culture reveals these African roots.

The origins of Egyptian ethnicity lay in the areas south of Egypt.

Sir Alan Gardiner:
These were long-headed-dolicocephalic is the learned term-and below even medium stature, but Negroid features are often to be observed. Whatever may be said of the northerners, it is safe to describe the dwellers in Upper Egypt as of essentially African stock , a character always retained despite alien influences brought to bear on them from time to time." (pg. 392; Egypt of the Pharaohs 1966)

X-ray Atlas of the Royal Mummies (Chicago: University of Chicago, 1980).

Courtesy of James Harris and Edward Wente:

In terms of head shape, the XVIV and XX dynasties look more like the early Nubian skulls from the mesolithic with low vaults and sloping, curved foreheads.The XVII and XVIII dynasty skulls are shaped more like modern Nubians with globular skulls and high vaults.

The people who bear the greatest resemblence to the ancient Egyptians, at present, are the Nubians; and next are the Abyssinians;
page 530

Edward Lane
Manners and Customs of the Modern Egyptians

The period when sub-Saharan Africa was most influential in Egypt was a time when neither Egypt, as we understand it culturally, nor the Sahara, as we understand it geographically, existed. Populations and cultures now found south of the desert roamed far to the north. The culture of Upper Egypt, which became dynastic Egyptian civilization, could fairly be called a Sudanese transplant. Encyclopedia of Precolonial Africa, by Joseph O. Vogel, AltaMira Press, Walnut Creek, California (1997), pp. 465-472

Determination of optimal rehydration, fixation and staining methods for histological and
immunohistochemical analysis of mummified soft tissues

A-M Mekota1, M Vermehren2

Biotechnic & Histochemistry 2005, 80(1): 7_/13

"Materials and methods
In 1997, the German Institute for Archaeology headed an excavation of the tombs of the nobles in Thebes-West, Upper Egypt. At this time, three types of tissues were sampled from different mummies: meniscus (fibrocartilage), skin, and placenta. Archaeological findings suggest that the mummies dated from the New Kingdom (approximately
1550_/1080 BC)..... The basal epithelial cells were packed with melanin as expected for specimens of Negroid origin."

"There is now a sufficient body of evidence from modern studies of skeletal remains to indicate that the ancient Egyptians, especially southern Egyptians, exhibited physical characteristics that are within the range of variation for ancient and modern indigenous peoples of the Sahara and tropical Africa. In general, the inhabitants of Upper Egypt and Nubia had the greatest biological affinity to people of the Sahara and more southerly areas." (Nancy C. Lovell, " Egyptians, physical anthropology of," in Encyclopedia of the Archaeology of Ancient Egypt, ed. Kathryn A. Bard and Steven Blake Shubert, ( London and New York Routledge, 1999) pp 328-332)

The nature of the body plan was also investigated by comparing the intermembral, brachial, and crural indices for these samples with values obtained from the literature. No significant differences were found in either index through time for either sex. The raw values in Table 6 suggest that Egyptians had the “super-Negroid” body plan described by Robins (1983). Sonia Zakrzewski (2003)

"On the Origin of the Egyptians. Recent work on skeletons and DNA suggests that the people who settled in the Nile valley, like all of humankind, came from somewhere south of the Sahara; they were not (as some nineteenth-century scholars had supposed) invaders from the North." Mary Lefkowitz

"Black populations of the Horn of Africa (Tigré and Somalia) fit well into Egyptian variations." (Froment, Alain, Origines du peuplement de l’Égypte ancienne: l’apport de l’anthropobiologie, Archéo-Nil 2 (Octobre 1992), 79-98)

I hope you "Overstand" what is being said in these studies.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pure_Egyptian
Member # 17995

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure_Egyptian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First off,I am no rascist, Mr. King. Secondly, Egyptians have always from what i've read is that Egyptian we're either a Mixed race, or just caucasoid in race, i've never heard of them being of the Negroid standard.. I never said there we're no blacks in Egypt, there we're and there still are, they are just not the majority of the population, like today where Egyptians currently are the majority, you can still defrenciate the Nubians over the Egyptians, it's not being rascist its telling the truth, You can tell the Sa3eedis from the Nubians too, and Nubia isn't to far from some parts of Upper Egypt, but i'm still going to disagree because theres evidence that Aegyptians were Rascist of Nubians, and why would they be rascist of themselves by enslaving the "charcoal" nubian, I do not care for "skeletal" studies because people of Africa come in many different shapes and sizes, so just because one man had an "African" skeleton type does not mean the whole population was African, i also believe that Egyptians in general are probably related to the Ethiopians/Somalis, due to the fact that those people can have us to 50-60% semetic ancestry in them, which is why genetic tests prove that they are close to them. Also it has been proven that Egyptians, even today, have more African Ancestry then Ethipians/Somalis, how could they have more African ancestry then the people they came from. Notice: I did not say "Black" ancestry i used African ancestry, due to the fact that Northern Africans are culturely different and racially different from their "Black" African counterparts, but they are just as native as say someone from any other part of Africa. I know what i'm talking about, I am Egyptian Fellaheen, the descendant of the people who farmed the land, and if you first saw me you would not think i was black, maybe mixed ancestry, but you would probably think i was Southern European or Middle Eastern, and i can trace my family back generations I have almost NILL Arab/Turkish ancestry.

Best regards

Posts: 61 | From: Egyptian | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So why the name change Skeptical??
quote:
Originally posted by Pure_Egyptian:
but you would probably think i was Southern European

You realize the Southern Europeans(Greeks) made a difference between you and them...Wanna take a guess what they called you....GUESS.. [Smile]
Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pure_Egyptian
Member # 17995

Rate Member
I don't know, surprise me? I am Tan with curly hair.. seems pretty mediteranean to me...
Pure_Egyptian
Member # 17995

Rate Member
If you mean they would call me the N word, Here are some pics of my son to prove that we ARE egyptians, and not arabs or turkish, the greek def would not of called us the "N" word. I would post pics of my self but i do not feel like uploading them from the camera.

Looks pretty Egyptian to me..

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I don't know, surprise me? I am Tan with curly hair.. seems pretty mediteranean to me...

Aww come on brother, I thought you were a Southern European?? Whats wrong?? BTW, Southern Europeans don't even consider themselves "Mediteranian" as it is according to them a sea, they consider themselves usually White Europeans. I think you are an American Imposter or maybe an Arab.

Second on your claims of being a Fallahin..

-

-

Also we know Bedoins and Arabs were placed with the Fellahin in Upper Egypt..

Upper Egypt comprises the country's eight southernmost governorates. ... the region's history is one of isolated removal from the center of national life. The local relationships resulting from this centuries-old condition gave Upper Egypt an identity of its own within the modern Egyptian state. Alongside the even more ancient presence of Copts, tribal groupings dating from the Arab conquest combined to form a hierarchical order that placed two [minority] groups, the ashraf and the Arab, in dominating positions. These were followed by lesser tribes, with the [Egyptian] fellah at the bottom of the social scale(28) [...] Religion was central to the development of Upper Egyptian society. The ashraf claimed indirect descent from the Prophet, while the Arabs traced their lineage to a group of tribes from Arabia. On the other hand, the status of the fellahin rested on the belief that they descended from Egypt's pre-Islamic community and had converted to Islam, a history that placed them inescapably beneath both the Ashraf and Arabs. [...] In Muslim as well as Christian communities, and particularly at the lower socio-economic levels, religious practices are strongly imbued with non-orthodox folk elements, some of pharaonic origin.[11]

More Fellahin

-

-

-

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pure_Egyptian
Member # 17995

Rate Member
I just posted pics of my son when he was in egypt, the photos may not be the best, but just to prove that we are egyptians.
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Pure Egyptian can you please Edit the large photo.. photo we can go to another thread to respect the OP of this thread...I don't want to derail..Please thanks..
Pure_Egyptian
Member # 17995

Rate Member
And so what you showed me photos of my people, and who said i was from Upper egypt, yes i do have some ancestry there, but most of my ancestry lays in the lower egypt area...
Pure_Egyptian
Member # 17995

Rate Member
Yes im goin to take the large one off, just wanted to prove that i was egyptian, seems like now you believe im egyptian
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
I do belive you are Egyptian not an imposter but I still think we should continue here..

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=003427;p=1#000001

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
Wow, i am an egyptian myself, and you can find all those faces in Egypt and Egypt only, AE and Modern Egyptian are of the same stock, AE are not black, and how dare you guys compare my people to those spear chuckers in cameroon and other west/central african countries like that

Pure Egyptian
I'm interested in what you make of this image. In case you don't know, the population ''Naqada'' on the image below represents the people that layed the foundation for most things we associate with ancient Egypt. What populations are closest the to ''Naqada''?

-

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obviously the guy is one of those settler descendants who border-busted into Egypt
during the post-pharaonic era. Maybe he is mongrelized with the degenerate genes of Arabs [with their silly third hand worship-cult] and others who swarmed into Egypt in the post-pharonic era too.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ For the record, I doubt 'Pure Egyptian' is even Egyptian at all but rather another white racist dummy from America. If he is Egyptian, he is most likely of the Afrangi (white-wannabe) elite since I have never heard of even Arab Egyptians using such phrases as "spear chuckers".

Speaking of which, I guess ancient Egyptian warriors were "spear chuckers" as well.

-

- To Kalonji, excellent insightful writing! Too bad it is useless to the trolls here who are not of sound or logical mind. [Embarrassed]

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Yeah DJ dude got the script flipped these guys were the ones using Bows the Kemites were the ones chucking spears in this case
 -

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to the topic...
quote:

And so are our opinions about the paradigms the artist himself held in high regard when he made his art
And so are OUR opinions of what the artist depicted (African, Indian, nordic etc)
And so are OUR opinions on what the artist meant when he depicted what he depicted
Nubian)

Unless something is stated by the artis himself or there is actual reasoning that justifies any claim, you're just exposing your own bias

Indeed. Not only is art subjective but to make things more complicated, Egyptian art tends to be very symbolic especially with things like color. I can't help but notice every time a portrait, usually a small figurine or coffin is painted in a light color or most commonly left unpainted showing the light color of the wood, they (the Euronuts) assume it to be the actual skin color of the person yet when it is painted in black, they automatically say it is "symbolic". What's interesting is that in another thread we find that some Egyptian coffins were painted in a yellowish or golden color symbolic of the radiant sun and heavenly deities.

quote:
To make matters even worst for Eurocentric art droolers, the first coffin that contained Khnum-Nakht, that is the one with lighter painted coffin, held the body that was considered negroid, while the second coffin, the one with the pitch black painted face, held the remains of what was taught of as ''caucasian'' when early researchers found them:

The report into the anatomical finding begins with the observation that there was a "remarkable racial difference in the features presented by each. These differences are so pronounced that it is almost impossible to convince oneself that they belong to the same race, far less to the same family.

Of course, now that we have the reconstructions, we can see that both crania had broad facial features, while displaying the cranial features that are typical of Eastern Africans.

-  -

The reported findings are stupid. Anyone with eyes can see from the reconstructions that the ONLY difference between the brothers is that one is prognathous while the other orthognathous. Other than that, they both have the same shape nose and full lips. As if prognathy or orgnathy among one sibling but not the other is doesn't happen within black families of African descent, let alone black populations in Africa! What's interesting is that the so-called "negroid" brother has the longer length face more commonly associated with "caucasians" whereas the "caucasian" brother has a short length face commonly associated with "negroids". Again, BOTH have wide noses and thick lips as well as heavy brow ridges.

quote:
The slight build of Nekht-Ankh, the so-called less negroid of the two, further substatiates that he belonged to gracile Africans of whom the EA were a variant:

"On first inspection of the bones at this skeleton the writer was much struck with their slimness, delicate moulding, and the faintness of the muscular impressions; indeed, their female character proved to be so pronounced that at first it was difficult to be sure that the skeleton was really that of a male. The pelvis was reunited and proved to have all the characteristics of a male"."

Okay. So the skeletal build of the so-called "caucasian" brother was very slender and gracile. The question is was it tropically adapted? Did it have elongated limb proportions associated with black peoples? I'm willing to bet yes.
Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:

I see a lot of faces from Armenia, Greece, Lebanon Turkey, and Central Asia in northern Egypt. Wonder what happened to these people that have inundated Egypt during the last 1000 years. [Confused]

Go back to your Klan meeting.!

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. That "I am an egyptian" is getting old. It is easy to see through their BS.

The fugker would probably never want to be seen even with a "Turks" Egyptian. Ha! Ha! Ha!

===
Quote:
Go back to your Klan meeting.! -

===

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
^Lets stop with the insults people.
Ausar traced his IP and he IS an Egyptian.

That is still no excuse for his behavior though.

-

In case people don't understand the implications of the image above...
The Naqada crania are in shape not only nearly identical to Nubians and Somali's, they are also nearly identical to Khoisan (Hottentot R).

It also shows that not the Somali, but the Masai are (from the living africans represented) cranially the furthest away from ''true Negro''. Rendering the ''elongated because gene flow'' concept even more bogus.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Truthcentric:
I too have noticed that, when you look at the mummified remains of ancient Egyptians from the dynastic period, they often seem a little prognathous. Not quite as prognathous as West or Central Africans, maybe, but certainly more prognathous than what you'd expect from "Caucasoids". Of course, that's just my layman's eyeballing; someone should really do an anthropometric study on how common prognathism is in dynastic Egyptian mummies.

It's an easy method to distinguish mummies from Europeans, because unlike mummy flesh like nose and lips and hair, its impossible for incisors and jaws to morph and give false impressions about the mummies as a whole.
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
Back to the topic...
quote:

Nubian)

Indeed. Not only is art subjective but to make things more complicated, Egyptian art tends to be very symbolic especially with things like color. I can't help but notice every time a portrait, usually a small figurine or coffin is painted in a light color or most commonly left unpainted showing the light color of the wood, they (the Euronuts) assume it to be the actual skin color of the person yet when it is painted in black, they automatically say it is "symbolic". What's interesting is that in another thread we find that some Egyptian coffins were painted in a yellowish or golden color symbolic of the radiant sun and heavenly deities.

quote:

-  -

The reported findings are stupid. Anyone with eyes can see from the reconstructions that the ONLY difference between the brothers is that one is prognathous while the other orthognathous. Other than that, they both have the same shape nose and full lips. As if prognathy or orgnathy among one sibling but not the other is doesn't happen within black families of African descent, let alone black populations in Africa! What's interesting is that the so-called "negroid" brother has the longer length face more commonly associated with "caucasians" whereas the "caucasian" brother has a short length face commonly associated with "negroids". Again, BOTH have wide noses and thick lips as well as heavy brow ridges.

quote:

"On first inspection of the bones at this skeleton the writer was much struck with their slimness, delicate moulding, and the faintness of the muscular impressions; indeed, their female character proved to be so pronounced that at first it was difficult to be sure that the skeleton was really that of a male. The pelvis was reunited and proved to have all the characteristics of a male"."

Okay. So the skeletal build of the so-called "caucasian" brother was very slender and gracile. The question is was it tropically adapted? Did it have elongated limb proportions associated with black peoples? I'm willing to bet yes.

Good point with the morphology DJ.
Tbere is no doubt in my mind that Nekht-Ankh is African. Their whole writing just reeks of ''true negro'' approach. Just like the rift valley specimens once regarded as foreigners, trust me, if he had short limbs, it would have been the first line of reasoning they would have used. But of course they couldn't find such preferred proportions, hence the focus on the cranium, just like they did with Nekth-Ankh.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Yes, and by 'Rift Valley' foreigners, I take it you mean the prehistoric remains found in the Rift Valley region of Kenya and Tanzania which were mistakenly called "caucasoid". Our M.I.A. veteran Rasol was so right to point out how racial polemics persists because of false concepts as "true negro" and all one has to do is examine such faulty concepts in order for the polemics to fall apart. Notice of course there is never a concept of "true caucasian" which is why Eurocentric scholars of past managed to classify any peoples from Africa to the Pacific as "caucasian".

But again getting back to what you said about artwork I must point out that more often than not, instead of many of these portraits being painted a lighter color, the dark paint has faded.

We can clearly see this in the coffin of Nesyamun.

-

^ The residue of original complexion now looks like dirt on the face.

If you look close enough you can probably see very faint traces of original dark paint around the peeled off areas of Khnum-Nakht around the eyes, cheek, mouth, and neck.

-

The question is whether such paint erosion is natural or artificial even deliberate.

Remember the seated scribe touted by Euronuts...

-

and how it originally looked.

-

Art is subjective, but it is also alterable!

quote:

True. His nationality matters not. Though as I said, just because someone's nationality is Egyptian does not mean he has if any native Egyptian ancestry going back to pharaonic times and that ancestry only.
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ausar traced his IP and he IS an Egyptian

An IP address can determine ethnicity/nationality?
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by anguishofbeing:
quote:
Ausar traced his IP and he IS an Egyptian

An IP address can determine ethnicity/nationality?
Akoben using his trademark again.
[Wink]
Got anything to add to this topic?
That goes for anyone by the way, feel free to add.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
^ Yes, and by 'Rift Valley' foreigners, I take it you mean the prehistoric remains found in the Rift Valley region of Kenya and Tanzania which were mistakenly called "caucasoid". Our M.I.A. veteran Rasol was so right to point out how racial polemics persists because of false concepts as "true negro" and all one has to do is examine such faulty concepts in order for the polemics to fall apart. Notice of course there is never a concept of "true caucasian" which is why Eurocentric scholars of past managed to classify any peoples from Africa to the Pacific as "caucasian".

But again getting back to what you said about artwork I must point out that more often than not, instead of many of these portraits being painted a lighter color, the dark paint has faded.

We can clearly see this in the coffin of Nesyamun.

-

^ The residue of original complexion now looks like dirt on the face.

If you look close enough you can probably see very faint traces of original dark paint around the peeled off areas of Khnum-Nakht around the eyes, cheek, mouth, and neck.

-

The question is whether such paint erosion is natural or artificial even deliberate.

Remember the seated scribe touted by Euronuts...

-

and how it originally looked.

-

Art is subjective, but it is also alterable!

quote:

True. His nationality matters not. Though as I said, just because someone's nationality is Egyptian does not mean he has if any native Egyptian ancestry going back to pharaonic times and that ancestry only.
On point as usual
Good contribution with the pictures of the seated scribe.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this thread was a nice attempt by Kalonji. (Nigella sativa)

However lot of these wood coffins are inferior in realism compared to stone sculpture and plaster.

Some of the plaster heads are very realistic especially if uncolored and unadorned. These can be similar looking to European plaster death masks of the middle ages which were cast from the actual dead person's head.
Some of the stone sculptures are finely crafted important larger sculptures and others are not as well crafted smaller less significant sculptures.
In the finer works there are realistic pieces that look like accurate human being's heads and there are other fine pieces where the proportions are artistically stylized as with some of the famous sculptures of Akhenaten where the head and neck are elongated in impossible proportions. If you compare this to the plaster heads of Akhenaten and members of his court the plaster heads are in realistic proportions.

Problems with facial reconstruction

There are multiple outstanding problems associated with forensic facial reconstruction. The most pressing issue relates to the data used to average facial tissue thickness. The data available to forensic artists are still very limited in ranges of ages, sexes, and body builds. This disparity greatly affects the accuracy of reconstructions. Until this data is expanded, the likelihood of producing the most accurate reconstruction possible is largely limited.

A second problem is the lack of a methodological standardization in approximating facial features. A single, official method for reconstructing the face has yet to be recognized. This also presents major setback in facial approximation because facial features like the eyes and nose and individuating characteristics like hairstyle - the features most likely to be recalled by witnesses - lack a standard way of being reconstructed. Recent research on computer-assisted methods, which take advantage of digital image processing, pattern recognition, promises to overcome current limitations in facial reconstruction and linkage.

Reconstructions only reveal the type of face a person may have exhibited because of artistic subjectivity. The position and general shape of the main facial features are mostly accurate because they are greatly determined by the skull.

Given these problems if you are comparing a realistic stone sculpture or plaster head to a modern facial reconstruction at least it can be said that in many cases the sculpture was produced by artisans who had actually studied the person in the flesh.

Look at the seated scribe posted by Dehooti
It doesn't matter which film version the orangey or the brown, most definitely looks like some thinned lipped Indian bro
File this with the Tut bust under
Why do Afrocentrists pass off this sculpture as Negro?

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
However lot of these wood coffins are inferior in realism compared to stone sculpture and plaster.
You don’t know whether it is realism or not, you’re just talking out of your neck. There was very limited freedom of artistic expression in AE. Almost every step had to follow some kind of rigid rule or tradition. This is exactly why a break from pre-Amarna artistic rules in the Amarna period was so noticeable. There is no consistent realism in ancient Egyptian art, and they certainly weren’t guided by what is today known as realism. They WERE keen observers, and they were very sharp when it came to depicting unique accessories and apparel in foreigners, but to jump from that, to believing that ‘’this statue is lifelike, so it must be an exact representation of ‘’the’’ or ‘’a’’ living person’’ is not based on anything other than your wishes.

Also, inferior how exactly?
You make no sense.
One could argue, if there would be a time to depict someone the way he/she looked in real life, it would be in imagery surrounding someone’s death. But if they weren’t motivated to do so in said critical moments, what makes you think realistic art played a large role outside of funerary depictions?

quote:
Some of the plaster heads are very realistic especially if uncolored and unadorned.
LOL @ ‘’especially if uncolored’’
It would make it a hell of a lot easier if you can look past the dark skin eh..?

What you have to answer to is ''realistic'' concerning what?
It can't be about Tuts real morphology because none of us has seen Tut. And as you said yourself, artistic depictions of the same persons diverge, showing how contradictory and fragile your own assertions are. But even if we neglect your own conceding, the question still remains: realistic, concerning what..?
I’m sure you are familiar with the visuals of movies like Avatar. These scenes are very realistic, but they are NOT intended to depict any REAL flora and fauna. If we refrain from doing this ‘’mind-reading’’ with present day art, why insist that the opposite must be true when dealing with Egyptian art, when there is no evidence suggesting that there is a justification for doing so

quote:
These can be similar looking to European plaster death masks of the middle ages which were cast from the actual dead person's head.
Talk about Europeans is inane, since the AE had a worldview that was derived/spun off from their African cultural substratum. That means Egyptians and Europeans have a fundamental different way of viewing things. This means that your comparison, sir, has just been reduced to rubble.

quote:
Some of the stone sculptures are finely crafted important larger sculptures and others are not as well crafted smaller less significant sculptures.
Don’t know what your point was supposed to be, but well crafted doesn’t equal accurateness. Poorly crafted doesn’t mean that it is less accurate than the ‘’well crafted’’ depiction. Art is not science. And this (what I’m educating you on) is not rocket science.

quote:
In the finer works there are realistic pieces that look like accurate human being's heads and there are other fine pieces where the proportions are artistically stylized as with some of the famous sculptures of Akhenaten where the head and neck are elongated in impossible proportions. If you compare this to the plaster heads of Akhenaten and members of his court the plaster heads are in realistic proportions.

No S**t, Sherlock.
Your logic stinks.
The depictions ‘’you’’ (with emphasis on YOU) deem realistic don’t equal ‘’accurate’’ more than the stylistic ones. See, stylistic can extend into the ‘’weird’’ end of the spectrum, as well as the ‘’pretty’’ end of the spectrum. In other words, just because an artistic depiction isn’t weird or deviant doesn’t mean that it’s more accurate in terms of presenting likeness to the person it was intended to represent.
There is an easy way to test this:

http://www.bundeskanzlerin.de/Content/EN/Fotoreihe/2009/09-10-16-2009-10-16-er_C3_B6ffnung-des-neuen-museums/08-gipskoepfe-des-echnaton-und-der-nofretete,property=poster.jpg

^Akhenaten & Nefertiti both with thick lips and noses in what you call ‘’not stylistic’’

http://www.sandrashaw.com/images/AH1L12Akh1.jpg

^Let me just put it up there again so it can sink in.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e5/PortraitStudyOfAkhenaten-ThutmoseWorkshop_EgyptianMuseumBerlin.png

^Akhenaten with a narrow nose and somewhat thick lips in what you call ‘’not stylistic’’ depiction

http://wpcontent.answcdn.com/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/31/Akhenaten_with_blue_crown.jpg/170px-Akhenaten_with_blue_crown.jpg

^Even the plaster heads diverge enough to be considered different individuals. Now what?

quote:
There are multiple outstanding problems associated with forensic facial reconstruction. The most pressing issue relates to the data used to average facial tissue thickness. The data available to forensic artists are still very limited in ranges of ages, sexes, and body builds. This disparity greatly affects the accuracy of reconstructions. Until this data is expanded, the likelihood of producing the most accurate reconstruction possible is largely limited.
^Yeah, why don’t we all neglect AE crania and jump on the art eyeball bandwagon.. Right?
You think that garbage reasoning works with me?
The primary purpose of the reconstructions is to show the diverging tendencies of EA art from the morphology of AE crania in general. This means your disgruntled position toward the obvious African morphology of the facial reconstructions has no relevance to anything posted in this thread. The purpose, which is: showing the incompatibility of EA art with modern day pre-conceived notions (as exemplified by your posts), is obtained with or without the reconstructions, as the skulls (where the reconstructions are based on, in case you aint noticed) show it too.

quote:
Given these problems if you are comparing a realistic stone sculpture or plaster head to a modern facial reconstruction at least it can be said that in many cases the sculpture was produced by artisans who had actually studied the person in the flesh.
Yeah, and judging by the divergence of several depictions, they were not very successful, were they? Either that, or it wasn’t their intention to have accurateness in higher priority than convention. Pick one.

quote:
Look at the seated scribe posted by Dehooti
It doesn't matter which film version the orangey or the brown

Exactly, it doesn’t matter, because it is art.
Pat on the back for noticing that

quote:
File this with the Tut bust under
Why do Afrocentrists pass off this sculpture as Negro?

Whether or not the bust was a ‘’Negro’’, is just a distraction that I’m not going to indulge myself in. It isn’t about who or what the bust was supposed to represent, it is about who the makers were.

I’ve noticed this is a pattern with you.
You always cling on to irrelevant matters when the root, which is decisive in the end, is left unmentioned for obvious reasons.
-You try to refute facial reconstructions, when the skulls that were presented in tandem are neglected while they show the same African morphology. LOL
-You talk about Indian roots based on Tuts bust, but you neglect the fact that there was no known external geneflow in between Tuts grandmother and grandfather, and Tut himself. Tuts genetics are unaltered after Queen Tiye and Amenhotep III, since the offspring of these two individuals didn’t marry outside of their siblings to produce Tut.
-You talk about the seated scribe and his features, when it is already known with what populations the makers of said artistic depiction had affinity.
-You post pictures of a coffin of what appears an Asiatic, when migration of foreigners should be expected!

STOP FOCUSING ON DEAD ENDS
I CHALLENGE YOU TO TALK ABOUT THE **ROOT**
-The root of their culture
-The root of their language
-How the bulk of the ancient Egyptians ended up there (Sahara and Nubia)
-The African characteristics of their religion
Etc.

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You don’t know ... you’re just talking out of your neck.

Tell me about it. Thats all it does. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

-

Kalonji at least you're not posting crappy wood coffins this time.
At least these plaster heads are worth taking seriously. They are realistic and not stylized.
Are they all certain to be Akenhaten? No, they are not sure about the Thutmose workshop ones.
But anyway having said that the Akenhatens you posted look similar if not only slightly different. It's hard to tell a nose on the one where it's broken off. I don't know the source of that one.
Look at how finely done that last (stone) one with the blue hat is. Very realistic. Not the most attractive looking man. Look at the ear, look at the neck tendon showing, the artist was excellent as per realism.

-

Angelina before her lip reduction:

-

Kalonji before you try a judo flip using art works use better art works not the cartoonish or stylized ish.

Like look at this brother:
 -

or this one:

-

oh lordy lordy how "diverse"

as long as the skin tone wasn't too light it's all good.

(tans don't count)

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
and check out this beautiful Tut piece:

-

^^this is probably how the boy King actually looked,

let's hope his skin tone was the one we want

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
^ no facts or substance, just trolling. [Roll Eyes]

-

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
As expected, even more silly talk about art, showing a complete and utter incapability to absorb information and/or refute the points given throughout this thread.

Imbibing information is the burden of the student, not the teacher(s). I and others have provided you with the means to re-think you flawed approach, and still you choose to continue this voluntary mental impediment.

Go 'head then, be willfully ignorant and misguided

But while you're at it, see if you can try your analysing antics on things that are not so open to interpretation:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b8/KV55_scull.jpg
^The African morphology of Akhenaten

http://ngm.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/01/14/king_tut_profileblog.jpg
^The African morphology of King Tut beside his Hawass reconstruction. Notice the post bregmatic depression, which occurs more often in Sub-Saharan Africans

quote:
the post-bregmatic depression is a small depression situated behind bregma on the cross section of the sagittal and coronal sutures
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/bigphotos/images/071023-king-tut_big.jpg
^His long limbs and slim physique are absolutely nothing like Europeans in general. You know this, as you've been schooled on this already.

Trying to categorise Tuts global morphology (Cranial and post cranial) under the Mixed ''header'' just doesn't add up. But it doesn't have to, right? There is always more room for interpretation if we selectively pick out one of the many artistic representations, decide which one is stylistic and which one is ''realistic'', and let the diverging nature of the many depictions fly over our head in the process.

You are dismissed
Go back to the drawing board to revise your strategy and take your ''based on pnothing'' interpretations with you. Come back when you're capable of adressing and refuting my points, or when you're man/woman enough to admit defeat. Good luck

quote:
Whether or not the bust was a ‘’Negro’’, is just a distraction that I’m not going to indulge myself in. It isn’t about who or what the bust was supposed to represent, it is about who the makers were.
quote:
The depictions ‘’you’’ (with emphasis on YOU) deem realistic don’t equal ‘’accurate’’ more than the stylistic ones. See, stylistic can extend into the ‘’weird’’ end of the spectrum, as well as the ‘’pretty’’ end of the spectrum. In other words, just because an artistic depiction isn’t weird or deviant doesn’t mean that it’s more accurate in terms of presenting likeness to the person it was intended to represent.
quote:
Talk about Europeans is inane, since the AE had a worldview that was derived/spun off from their African cultural substratum. That means Egyptians and Europeans have a fundamental different way of viewing things. This means that your comparison, sir, has just been reduced to rubble.
quote:
One could argue, if there would be a time to depict someone the way he/she looked in real life, it would be in imagery surrounding someone’s death. But if they weren’t motivated to do so in said critical moments, what makes you think realistic art played a large role outside of funerary depictions?
quote:
There was very limited freedom of artistic expression in AE. Almost every step had to follow some kind of rigid rule or tradition. This is exactly why a break from pre-Amarna artistic rules in the Amarna period was so noticeable. There is no consistent realism in ancient Egyptian art, and they certainly weren’t guided by what is today known as realism.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

-

^The African morphology of King Tut beside his Hawass reconstruction. Notice the post bregmatic depression, which occurs more often in Sub-Saharan Africans

yeah look at that African nose, well you got me on that one
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
Problems with facial reconstruction

A second problem is the lack of a methodological standardization in approximating facial features. A single, official method for reconstructing the face has yet to be recognized. This also presents major setback in facial approximation because facial features like the eyes and nose and individuating characteristics like hairstyle - the features most likely to be recalled by witnesses - lack a standard way of being reconstructed.

^That is what you posted before, concerning facial reconstructions, you flip flopping two faced turd. You talk so much smack in your desperate angst to disprove an African origin of the AE, that you're willing to use everything. Even if it means using methodology that you had problems with before when the reconstructions turned out to match the African morphology of the skulls above.

Kind of like Hammer who was fighting with all his energy against the notion that the Greeks had black ancestry even though they had substantial E-M78 Y chromosomal input. He told us genetics was useless when trying to figure out populations history and that we weren't conducting any ''real'' research. We had to cite five independant Greek historians in order to convince him about a migration of E-M78 carrying immigrants.

Then the 18th dynasty mummies were tested in '09, and what did he do..? The moment unsubstatiated rumors started to spread online that King Tut might have been a carrier of Haplogroup R1b, he abandoned all the rules and high standards he held us accountable for.
All of a sudden a simple rumor on online fora were enough to pass as ''trustworthy research''.
The poor guy even started to make up a couple of rumors on his own and said that the AE were decendants from European farmers, whatever that meant.

This is what you're doing. First you're talking smack about how reconstructions in general are heavily flawed, when it wasn't even my purpose to present life-like reconstructions. If you would have read the name of this thread you would've known that, LOL. And now all of a sudden, you're trying to use a reconstruction against me, when I was posting the picture for the skull it contained. What happened to your criticism of reconstructions?

Again,
You are dismissed.
And don't think I'm not noticing your short post. Your wack responses are sucker substitutes for REAL refutations. Dumb ass amature. Can't even write a point to point refutation. Thinks she/he can just grab the easiest thing and run with it and ignore all the inconvenient points.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com