EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Is there any Nuclear DNA tests done on modern Northern Sudanese people?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is there any Nuclear DNA tests done on modern Northern Sudanese people?
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Son of Ra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there?

We do know their Y-DNA is mainly African and their MtDNA is diverse. And we know that they are greatly influenced by Near Eastern people.

But is the majority of their DNA African? Northern Sudanese people are very diverse group of people. Many consider themselves Arab, but in reality they're just Arabized Africans.

Northern Sudanese people range in looks. But I believe most looks like these people:
 -
 -
 -

While the minority looks like these people:
 -
 -
 -

So is there any Nuclear DNA studies on them? I know they are as admixed as African Americans. I believe they are about 64% East African + 20% North African + 16% Southwest Asian.

Essentially:
84% African + 16% Eurasian (16% Asian + 0% European).

Like African Americans are about 75-85% African + 10-20 European.

So I am asking is there any Nuclear DNA studies on them? And how African are they?

Posts: 1135 | From: Top secret | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See Tishkoff et al 2009 for their Beja samples and/or Babiker et al 2011
Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Son of Ra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Swenet:

Thanks man.
Posts: 1135 | From: Top secret | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Son of Ra:
quote:

Thanks man.
[Wink]
Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Son of Ra:
quote:

Thanks man.
[Wink]
Quick question and not stop like an idiot. When they mean Arab, they're talking about the Arabized Sudanese?

Because whats interesting is the Arabs seem to link closer to other Sudanese populations.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3118356/figure/F6/

And we all know most Northern Sudanese people consider themselves Arab. Again not to sound stupid.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
You don't sound stupid.. you just sound like you didn't read that paper, bro. Look at table 1 where they list their samples and their Anthropological classifications. They list Arabic speakers as ethnically Arab (which doesn't make sense) but that's the way they did it.
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
quote:
You don't sound stupid.. you just sound like you didn't read that paper, bro. Look at table 1 where they list their samples and their Anthropological classifications. They list Arabic speakers as ethnically Arab (which doesn't make sense) but that's the way they did it.

Now I get it.

Notice how the Bataheen are classified as Arab, yet they look like they have no Near Eastern mixture at all.
 -

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
Notice how the Bataheen are classified as Arab, yet they look like they have no Near Eastern mixture at all.
^That's assuming the Near Easterners they mingled with were leukoderms, but yeah, I see what you mean. 'Assad', or 'Netanyahu' is not what comes to mind when I look at the folks in your picture.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com