EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » New comment on Human phenotypes (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: New comment on Human phenotypes
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archeopteryx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to Egypt again

Seems even Wiki has an entry about the Ancient Egyptian race controversy

Ancient Egyptian Race Controversy - Wikipedia

--------------------
Once an archaeologist, always an archaeologist

Posts: 2684 | From: Sweden | Registered: Mar 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big O
N/A
Member # 23467

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big O   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^

Start out by responding to the shyt that you ran from in the other thread;

lol No I don't. The evidence speaks for itself supreme cultural continuity from Khamet into contemporary Equatorial Africa and vicinity. Once again we see the Khametic religion on display among peoples in Western Africa supporting a migration from Nile Valley civilization.
 -
 -

The Nok civilization was the first agricultural civilization in West Africa, and that only makes sense as even admitted by White academia to have diffused from Nile Valley civilization;

-
The History of Crop Cultivation in West Africa: A Bibliographical Guide
M. A. Havinden

You have agriculture coming from Nile Valley civilization, and you have Nile Valley religion coming into Western Africa as a result of a wholescale movement of people between 2,000 and 1,500 BC. Now is there context behind why there may have been a migration during this period? Did the Hyksos dominate parts of Khamet and the Sinai which were formerly owned by natives? There were natives in that region despite the bulk of the peoples being in the south. We know that because the Hyksos were reportedly brutal to the natives in the region. So we have a circumstance (hostile takeover/war) that warrants a migration of people during the period when the Nok (& Olmec [Wink] ) civilization begins to spring up.

"Tracing the Bantu Expansion from its source"

The Greenbergian theory of the Bantu migration from Cameroon has been debunked on every level. No genetic evidence from early West-Central African to Southern suggest the presence of the Bantu. Not not to mention it FAILS to explain why E-M2 dominates the Western Sahara as well. Archaeology nor ecology supports this theory. Not to mention NO BANTU'S claim this Greenbergian theory of their origin. Here is the criticism of the theory that was OMMITED in the final version of UNESCO 1974;

-

UNESCO deleted S. Lwanga-Lunyiigo on 'Bantu movement'
from the paperback. Even in the 1988 they apologized
for printing SLL's original contribution which begins:

"Basing my conclusion on archaeological evidence,
I suggested recently that the speakers of Bantu
languages occupied from very early times a broad
swath of territory running from the Great Lakes
region of East Africa to the shores of the
Atlantic in Zaire and that the supposed
movement of Bantu speakers from West Africa to
central, eastern, and southern Africa did not take place.
[24]"
[24]
Lwanga-Lunyiigo, S. (1976)
The Bantu problem reconsidered
Current Anthropology 17,2, pp. 282-6

--------------------
N/A

Posts: 266 | From: N/A | Registered: Sep 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archeopteryx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Big O:

Well, since you have no real evidence (actual artifacts from Egypt in West Africa from the actual time of Ancient Egypt) your idea remains a speculation. Nothing wrong with that.

If they start to find a lot of these things in West Africa (from roughly the same time or shortly after you find them in Egypt, and other places) then your speculation will be more credible:

-

--------------------

Posts: 2684 | From: Sweden | Registered: Mar 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Archeopteryx:
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Winters: My research into Eurasian and American archaeology, linguistics and etc., is well known. The fact peer reviewed journals published my work illustrates my expertise in the fields.

Serious scholars do mostly not discuss your articles since the articles are considered pseudo science by a majority of them (ie by those who at all have heard about you).

Has for example Dr Ann Cyphers ever commented on any of your articles about Mesoamerica and Olmecs? Or Enrique Villamar Becerril? Or Karl Taube? Or Richard Diehl? Do they at all take you seriously enough to debate you?

Seems Bernhard Ortiz de Montellano are among the few that at all bothered to debate you extensively. And he also debated you regarding if most of your writings at that time at all could be counted as peer reviewed. I am sure you remember those discussions. I even remember that he mailed some of the editors who received your comments if they were peer reviewed or not. He really had good patience. You should give him credit for taking time to debate you, instead of calling him a liar. At least he did not ignore you.

But you show no gratitude, instead you call him a white supremacist.

You are no real scientist, you have no practical experience in any of the fields I asked you about. So why would most scholars in those fields take you seriously enough to spend time refuting your bad articles? Most ignore you.

So now you can post all references to the articles again if you like. The scientific community will still not take you seriously. And you will not make it better by calling a lot of people white supremacists. I even once saw a discussion (I think on Facebook) where someone asked you why you do not publish in mainstream archaeological magazines. And you answered that those magazines were white supremacist magazines. No wonder people ignore you [Big Grin]

In a way it is a pity, since I bet you are not stupid, just mislead.

So that was it, now I will ignore you at least in this thread, since this discussion really is beside the original topic of the thread.

Bernhard Ortiz de Montellano was a racist. He was a troll who discovered during his debates with me that he lacked an understanding of the true history of Mesoamerica.Failure to know the literature regarding the history of Blacks in the Americas always meant he could not support his racist ideas in a forum where he could not control the debate, and delete information that proved his ideas to lack any validity.

If his attacks of my work were valid and reliable it would have been published. His attacks were groundless and based on white Supremacist ideas that could easily be disconfirmed.

Only a fool would expect the Academe to support my work. It can not support my work, because my work destroys the myths of white supremacy. Look at what happened to you. You came here hoping to support the White Supremacist view that Egypt was not a Black civilization and you failed.

As a proud Foundational Black American scholar I fight White Supremacy--not support it.

--------------------
C. A. Winters

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Winters:

Only a fool would expect the Academe to support my work. It can not support my work, because my work destroys the myths of white supremacy

So you are right and the whole Academia is wrong? Talk about delusions of grandeur. Especially from someone without any practical experience from any of the fields of knowledge I asked you about.

But keep on dreaming [Cool]

--------------------

Big O
N/A
Member # 23467

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big O   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Well, since you have no real evidence (actual artifacts from Egypt in West Africa from the actual time of Ancient Egypt) your idea remains a speculation. Nothing wrong with that.

If they start to find a lot of these things in West Africa (from roughly the same time or shortly after you find them in Egypt, and other places) then your speculation will be more credible:

-

Ok. MODS....He is clearly trolling at this point, and should be banned! He doesn't want to have this debate about Khamet with people whom bring strong evidence that he has no answer to, AND THEN he keeps going on about his DEBUNKED stance/lie.

--------------------
N/A

Posts: 266 | From: N/A | Registered: Sep 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlimJim
Member # 23217

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlimJim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SlimJim:
It was answered on the first page.

Maybe someone have something more to add, or someone who have not participated in this thread yet want to post something?
It doesn't seem like much has been added, IDK how the convo turned to the Etruscans and Olmecs but either way.

Outward physical features are reflected in metric analyses, if you want to know what kind of features the ancient Egyptians had, and what modern groups they are closest to in regards to this, look at metric studies. Nubians, Bejas, Somalis and Afro asiatic speaking Ethiopians/Eritreans fit pretty well.

Posts: 161 | From: England | Registered: May 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Antalas         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Maybe someone have something more to add, or someone who have not participated in this thread yet want to post something?
It doesn't seem like much has been added, IDK how the convo turned to the Etruscans and Olmecs but either way.

Outward physical features are reflected in metric analyses, if you want to know what kind of features the ancient Egyptians had, and what modern groups they are closest to in regards to this, look at metric studies. Nubians, Bejas, Somalis and Afro asiatic speaking Ethiopians/Eritreans fit pretty well.

Metric results don't show this + you generalize all of ancient egypt based on simply a few predynastic samples from upper egypt ?

If we want to see how they looked like we simply have to admire how they depicted themselves and none of what they produced looked like modern horners

Posts: 1779 | From: Somewhere In the Rif Mountains | Registered: Nov 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big O
N/A
Member # 23467

Rate Member
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

Remember pale Europeans killed the Twa throughout Europe and Africa (millions in Africa)

-

--------------------
N/A

SlimJim
Member # 23217

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlimJim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Antalas:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Metric results don't show this + you generalize all of ancient egypt based on simply a few predynastic samples from upper egypt ?

If we want to see how they looked like we simply have to admire how they depicted themselves and none of what they produced looked like modern horners

"a few pre dynastic samples" lol, since the 19th century early ancient Egyptians have been grouped with Horn Africans on the basis of metric craniofacial data, the clustering of ancient Egyptians and Horn Africans continues into the dynastic period in the south and is acknowledged and accepted by mainstream anthropologists. Ancient Egyptians depicted themselves as very similar to the people of Punt, which included Eritrea to Eastern Somalia, either way, we can argue about data but I'm not getting into who the ancient Egyptians depicted themselves closest to, because it's largely subjective and you'll just start spamming cherrypicked lightskin artwork.
Posts: 161 | From: England | Registered: May 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Antalas         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

"a few pre dynastic samples" lol, since the 19th century early ancient Egyptians have been grouped with Horn Africans on the basis of metric craniofacial data, the clustering of ancient Egyptians and Horn Africans continues into the dynastic period in the south and is acknowledged and accepted by mainstream anthropologists. Ancient Egyptians depicted themselves as very similar to the people of Punt, which included Eritrea to Eastern Somalia, either way, we can argue about data but I'm not getting into who the ancient Egyptians depicted themselves closest to, because it's largely subjective and you'll just start spamming cherrypicked lightskin artwork.
Again idk what you're talking about Datas are clear :

Pre-Dynastic and 12th-29th Dynasty Egyptians cluster with modern Afghans and modern North Indians on the edge of a larger cluster of modern Europeans and modern West Asians. (Hanihara T and Ishida H, (2005))

The Predynastic of Upper Egypt and the Late Dynastic of Lower Egypt are more closely related to each other than to any other population. As a whole, they show ties with the European Neolithic, North Africa, modern Europe, and, more remotely, India, but not at all with sub-Saharan Africa, eastern Asia, Oceania, or the New World. (Brace, C. L., D. P. Tracer, L. A. Yaroch, J. Robb, K. Brandt, and A. R. Nelson. 1993.)

Let alone the non-metric datas... you seem to be confused by the fact that horners are already clustering with other west eurasian groups and modern upper egyptians still cluster with east africans still do they look Like horners to you ? Obviously no. So stop we wuzzing it's cringe at this point especially that your folks have a prestigious history I don't see the point of larping as egyptian respect yourself.

Posts: 1779 | From: Somewhere In the Rif Mountains | Registered: Nov 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlimJim
Member # 23217

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Again idk what you're talking about Datas are clear :

Pre-Dynastic and 12th-29th Dynasty Egyptians cluster with modern Afghans and modern North Indians on the edge of a larger cluster of modern Europeans and modern West Asians. (Hanihara T and Ishida H, (2005))

The Predynastic of Upper Egypt and the Late Dynastic of Lower Egypt are more closely related to each other than to any other population. As a whole, they show ties with the European Neolithic, North Africa, modern Europe, and, more remotely, India, but not at all with sub-Saharan Africa, eastern Asia, Oceania, or the New World. (Brace, C. L., D. P. Tracer, L. A. Yaroch, J. Robb, K. Brandt, and A. R. Nelson. 1993.)

Let alone the non-metric datas... you seem to be confused by the fact that horners are already clustering with other west eurasian groups and modern upper egyptians still cluster with east africans still do they look Like horners to you ? Obviously no. So stop we wuzzing it's cringe at this point especially that your folks have a prestigious history I don't see the point of larping as egyptian respect yourself.

That Hanihara study is a metric dental analysis, this is how I know you haven't read that paper, also, it doesn't mean anything in regards to their phenotype and it doesn't mean much when it comes to genetics,

I can tell you haven't read that Brace study either, look at the dendrograms, when Brace says Sub Saharan he's referring to his Haya, Gabon, Dahomey and Zanzibar sample, not the Somali sample.

When have I claimed to be Egyptian?

Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

quote:
That Hanihara study is a metric dental analysis, this is how I know you haven't read that paper, also, it doesn't mean anything in regards to their phenotype and it doesn't mean much when it comes to genetics,

I can tell you haven't read that Brace study either, look at the dendrograms, when Brace says Sub Saharan he's referring to his Haya, Gabon, Dahomey and Zanzibar sample, not the Somali sample.

When have I claimed to be Egyptian? [/QB]

??? I knew it was dental but haven't you mentionned "metric" datas ? and yes It means a lot when it comes to genetics, here from the same source :

quote:
Fourth, the patterning of dental variation among major geographic populations is more or less consistent with those obtained from genetic and craniometric data. Fifth, once differences in population size between sub-Saharan Africa, Europe, South/West Asia, Australia, and Far East, and genetic drift are taken into consideration, the pattern of sub-Saharan African distinctiveness becomes more or less comparable to that based on genetic and craniometric data
As for Brace what are you talking about ? :

-

Ancient egyptians certainly didn't look like modern horners since horners have obvious SSA traits which the ancient egyptian remains lack + it's quite obvious when we look at their iconography but yes I suppose that's "subjective" "cherrypicked" "foreigners"

SlimJim
Member # 23217

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

When have I claimed to be Egyptian?

??? I knew it was dental but haven't you mentionned "metric" datas ? and yes It means a lot when it comes to genetics, here from the same source :

quote:
Fourth, the patterning of dental variation among major geographic populations is more or less consistent with those obtained from genetic and craniometric data. Fifth, once differences in population size between sub-Saharan Africa, Europe, South/West Asia, Australia, and Far East, and genetic drift are taken into consideration, the pattern of sub-Saharan African distinctiveness becomes more or less comparable to that based on genetic and craniometric data
As for Brace what are you talking about ? :

-

Ancient egyptians certainly didn't look like modern horners since horners have obvious SSA traits which the ancient egyptian remains lack + it's quite obvious when we look at their iconography but yes I suppose that's "subjective" "cherrypicked" "foreigners" [/QB]

OP asked about the ancient Egyptian phenotype, do I have to explain that when I said "metric data" I wasn't referring to dental stuff as that has no bearing on what the ancient Egyptians looked like.

Since you think this is a good reflection of the genetic data, you would maintain that South Indians are genetically closer to Somalis than they are to North Indians? That ancient Egyptians are significantly closer to Afghans than to Israelis/Iranians?

No suprise you chose to screenshot the dendrogram where Somalis and ancient egyptians are most distant, its insane how disingenuous you are.

"The D' values of Mahalanobis showed a combined series (Naqada I/II and other non-specific Naqada period remains) to be more similar to Tigrean
and Nubian groups than to those from northern late dynastic Egypt (Mukherjee et al. 1955)."

https://imgur.com/a/6mRYi3t
https://imgur.com/a/bmcOgsM
https://imgur.com/a/57N7tP7

-Gebel Ramlah: Final Neolithic Cemeteries from the Western Desert of Egypt.

Like I said, these affinities have been noted since the 19th century and are still noted today.

Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

quote:
OP asked about the ancient Egyptian phenotype, do I have to explain that when I said "metric data" I wasn't referring to dental stuff as that has no bearing on what the ancient Egyptians looked like.

Such dental datas can give us genetic/craniometric informations about who these people were.

quote:
Originally posted by SlimJim: Since you think this is a good reflection of the genetic data, you would maintain that South Indians are genetically closer to Somalis than they are to North Indians? That ancient Egyptians are significantly closer to Afghans than to Israelis/Iranians?
Why not ?? If the datas show it I'm no specialist to go against it ...I'm not the kind to refuse facts because they go against my narrative.

quote:
Originally posted by SlimJim: No suprise you chose to screenshot the dendrogram where Somalis and ancient egyptians are most distant, its insane how disingenuous you are.

"The D' values of Mahalanobis showed a combined series (Naqada I/II and other non-specific Naqada period remains) to be more similar to Tigrean
and Nubian groups than to those from northern late dynastic Egypt (Mukherjee et al. 1955)."

Like I said, these affinities have been noted since the 19th century and are still noted today. [/QB]

Me disingenuous ? Alright can you explain to us then why do you post an outdated and debunked paper ? :

quote:
However, there is also one major difference; Mukherjee and associates placed their Badarian Egyptian sample within the sub-Saharan cluster, while puzzling over this unexpected affinity (Mukherjee et al., 1955: 86). Inspection of the original D2 matrix (their Table 5.6: 84) does, in reality, indicate a Badarian affiliation to North Africans, not sub-Saharan samples. It is therefore likely that an error was made in construction of their original figure when converting inter-sample distances to x- and y-coordinates. A similar plotting inaccuracy would have taken place in Figure 4 if the Badarian (BAD) sample had erroneously received a negative rather than positive x-coordinate.
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/oa.868
SlimJim
Member # 23217

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Such dental datas can give us genetic/craniometric informations about who these people were.

quote:
Originally posted by SlimJim: Since you think this is a good reflection of the genetic data, you would maintain that South Indians are genetically closer to Somalis than they are to North Indians? That ancient Egyptians are significantly closer to Afghans than to Israelis/Iranians?
Why not ?? If the datas show it I'm no specialist to go against it ...I'm not the kind to refuse facts because they go against my narrative.

quote:
Originally posted by SlimJim: No suprise you chose to screenshot the dendrogram where Somalis and ancient egyptians are most distant, its insane how disingenuous you are.

Like I said, these affinities have been noted since the 19th century and are still noted today.

Me disingenuous ? Alright can you explain to us then why do you post an outdated and debunked paper ? :

quote:
However, there is also one major difference; Mukherjee and associates placed their Badarian Egyptian sample within the sub-Saharan cluster, while puzzling over this unexpected affinity (Mukherjee et al., 1955: 86). Inspection of the original D2 matrix (their Table 5.6: 84) does, in reality, indicate a Badarian affiliation to North Africans, not sub-Saharan samples. It is therefore likely that an error was made in construction of their original figure when converting inter-sample distances to x- and y-coordinates. A similar plotting inaccuracy would have taken place in Figure 4 if the Badarian (BAD) sample had erroneously received a negative rather than positive x-coordinate.
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/oa.868 [/QB]
Again, you clearly didn't read the study.

This divergence also carries over to the
craniometric data, as evidenced by the MDS of
D2 values (Figure 4) that are provided in
Mukherjee et al. (1955). Their Tigrean sample
from Ethiopia is associated with North Africans
cranially, and intra-regional sample affinities do
differ, but the north–south dichotomy is otherwise maintained.

https://imgur.com/a/uwOmd5f
The error he's talking about is Badarians clustering with Ashantis and Igbos, not Tigre Eritreans, Sub Saharans in this case, isn't a geographic reference. Tigres don't even cluster anywhere near this area

https://imgur.com/a/P2uJnxC
In the paper's own craniometric analysis, Tigre Eritreans fall in the lower Nubian/Upper Egyptian cluster

Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

quote:

The error he's talking about is Badarians clustering with Ashantis and Igbos, not Tigre Eritreans, Sub Saharans in this case, isn't a geographic reference. Tigres don't even cluster anywhere near this area

In the paper's own craniometric analysis, Tigre Eritreans fall in the lower Nubian/Upper Egyptian cluster [/QB]

Tigrayan are literally the most eurasian shifted horners and display way less SSA traits than somalis but anyway they are still quite different from the ancient egyptian samples :

-

and if you had actually paid attention there is no north-west african, middle eastern or european samples in this study.

SlimJim
Member # 23217

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

In the paper's own craniometric analysis, Tigre Eritreans fall in the lower Nubian/Upper Egyptian cluster

Tigrayan are literally the most eurasian shifted horners and display way less SSA traits than somalis but anyway they are still quite different from the ancient egyptian samples :

-

and if you had actually paid attention there is no north-west african, middle eastern or european samples in this study. [/QB]

Again, dental metric studies have a high degree of plasticity, which is why they aren't ideal in looking at genetic relationships, anyway OP asked about phenotype, so you should be looking at metric cranial data, not dental data lol.

Whats your point about Tigre's being West Eurasian shifted? I never said otherwise, what does this change.
When it comes to physical features Somalis aren't as SSA shifted as you think, relative to Tigres, they have a higher incidence of wavy/straight hair and a lower nasal index(thinner and longer nose), they are also less prognathic than many North Africans(including some ancient Egyptians) and Europeans.

Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

quote:
Again, dental metric studies have a high degree of plasticity, which is why they aren't ideal in looking at genetic relationships, anyway OP asked about phenotype, so you should be looking at metric cranial data, not dental data lol.

Whats your point about Tigre's being West Eurasian shifted? I never said otherwise, what does this change.
When it comes to physical features Somalis aren't as SSA shifted as you think, relative to Tigres, they have a higher incidence of wavy/straight hair and a lower nasal index(thinner and longer nose), they are also less prognathic than many North Africans(including some ancient Egyptians) and Europeans. [/QB]

That's worse then cranial datas are clear about their affinities (let alone non metric datas). Anyway now you try to pass tigrayans for your regular somalis yes sure.
Big O
N/A
Member # 23467

Rate Member
Everybody look at the sock puppet account trying to make these cointelpro agents appear to be "Afrocentrics" lol.

-

-

-

-

--------------------
N/A

SlimJim
Member # 23217

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

When it comes to physical features Somalis aren't as SSA shifted as you think, relative to Tigres, they have a higher incidence of wavy/straight hair and a lower nasal index(thinner and longer nose), they are also less prognathic than many North Africans(including some ancient Egyptians) and Europeans.

That's worse then cranial datas are clear about their affinities (let alone non metric datas). Anyway now you try to pass tigrayans for your regular somalis yes sure. [/QB]
You've added nothing of substance to this conversation, you've dodged every piece of evidence I posted and spammed studies you didn't read, some of which, were in agreement with me.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

-

Come on Big O, the nose is virtually missing

Aren't there some reliefs of Ramesses I where we can see the nose shape?

Posts: 42920 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big O
N/A
Member # 23467

Rate Member
LIONESS STOP WRITING ME. I DON'T PLAY THAT DELETING POST SHYT. THERE'S NO FOKING REASON TO DO THAT, OTHER THAN THE FACT THAT IT MAKES Y'ALL LOOK FOKING STUPID ARGUING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY. YOU ARE NOW REGARDED AS NOTHING MORE THAN A DAMN TROLL.

-

-

--------------------
N/A

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Again, poor propaganda making

There are Egyptian sculptures in good condition that could resemble this man
Instead he picks one with a broken off nose
because he thinks we are too stupid to notice

If you're going to do cherry picked propaganda at least do it right

same king:
 -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senusret_II#/media/File:Statue_Senusret_II_Petrie.jpg

Posts: 42920 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

Big O why do you post stuff like this here?
This has no references to what's claimed in the text
or refence for the artifact images.
It's presented like the readership here is young teen level.
Most people who post here are on a much higher research level, more like university level
And I've seen you post references and talk about some of the details but these graphics are like an insult to our intelligence
Look at zarahan's graphics, he shows all the sources
Level up please

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
I am fond of the small wooden models, they seem more "down to earth" in some way than the great monuments.
I do not know how realistic they are but at least they are often very vivid.

And they also feel so far away from todays silly race obsessions.

Here is some figures on a wooden boat model from the tomb of Meketre, ca. 1981–1975 B.C.

-

The Metropolitan Museum of Art

--------------------

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

And they also feel so far away from todays silly race obsessions.

Ironic since this is your thread and you opened it with race baiting
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Actually I was asking about how close ancient Egypt was phenotypically to some photos I showed. The first attempt to such thread was closed, so I brought up the subject again. Then all the race ideologists came upon the thread.

I actually do not care what color or race they were. I am not an Egyptian, and I have not invested ideologically in their history. I just can think it is a bit pity when foreign race ideologists try to hijack their history and their ancestors.

--------------------

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Actually I was asking about how close ancient Egypt was phenotypically to some photos I showed. The first attempt to such thread was closed, so I brought up the subject again. Then all the race ideologists came upon the thread.

I actually do not care what color or race they were. I am not an Egyptian, and I have not invested ideologically in their history. I just can think it is a bit pity when foreign race ideologists try to hijack their history and their ancestors.

I think you do care, this is your opening post

quote:
Weird , many posters go on and on about how black the ancient Egyptians were, but faced with a question about how they looked like (with examples from a site about human phenotypes) it gets moved and locked.

Seems no one wants to exemplify how they think the ancient Egyptians really looked like (except Antalas who gave an honest answer) instead of fantasising about a dreamt negro ancient Egypt. Maybe they prefer Egypt to be a wet dream for African Americans, without really wanting to visualize how the people there looked like.

The phenotypes I posted all exist in the Nile valley and its surrounding.

Human phenotypes

This means you care about the term "black" and enough so to make a thread about it and the Egyptians

and then you said this very inflammatory thing

" fantasising about a dreamt negro ancient Egypt."

Using the obsolete word here "negro", now considered offensive by many
and suggesting the fact that even though African Americans and Egyptians are largely African, that there should be no dreams of any kind of connection between fellow Africans

And while AAs being about 14% of the U.S. population and that has a certain amount of weight politically, where you are in Sweden people of African descent are perhaps 2% or less.

So why are you on this mission?
why all this concern about "phenotypes"

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
^ ^ Î can be interested in phenotypes without being ideological invested in them. But I see some people here seems a bit fanatical about race, and they seem ideologically invested in the Ancient Egyptians being black. It seems they dream about some ancient dreamland in Egypt (and other places in the world) where everyone looked like them.

But I bet Egyptians in Egypt do not care too much about the ideological quarrells about how their ancestors looked.

I am personally more concerned about those who try to steal Native American history and take credit for their achievements. Native Americans are a small minority at least In the USA, and they nearly lost everything, much of their land, many were forbidden to speak their language or practice their religions. Upon that they must now fight to defend their history, and their ancestors achievements against crazy Afrocentrics and Wabocentrics, and other ethnocentrics, who try to distort their past and erase them from history. Some of those persons are also among them who scream loudest about ancient Egypt.

But maybe we better keep this thread about Egypt so it does not end up all over the place again..

--------------------

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Hair is also a part of ones phenotype. It is interesting to read a report from excavations at the Predynastic cemetery site HK43. at Hierakonpolis.

A quote

quote:
The vast majority of hair samples discovered at the site were cynotrichous (Caucasian) in type as opposed to heliotrichous (Negroid), a feature which is standard throughout dynastic times.
quote:
Although most of the hair found is the natural dark brown color, natural red hair was also discovered in association with male Burial no. 79, his hair originally falling in a wavy style ending in small ringlet-type open-center curls. Together with other burials uncovered this season, this reveals the great attention paid to appearance, the hair obviously of great importance to both men and women alike.
The Secrets of the Locks Unraveled!

--------------------

Big O
N/A
Member # 23467

Rate Member
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
N/A

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Anu M'bantu and Fari Supia did not study any mummies
They read some articles on other people who studied mummies but they had no access to mummies.

>> And they never claimed to study any mummies
That's completely made up by Big O.

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
quote:

Combs do not really prove much, many types of combs round the world have looked fairly alike, regardless of what hair type their users had.

And all Egyptian combs were not "Afro combs". Different types of combs have been found.

-

Some examples of combs from different parts of the world and different time periods: Americas, Scythian, Carolingian (Europe) 700s, Viking, Egyptian and Susquehannock (America)

The best evidence of what hair type ancient peoples had is preserved hair. Pictures can also be of help sometimes.

--------------------

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
A romanticized painting of an Egyptian girl, painted by Frederick Goodall in 1870.

Maybe some people in ancient Egypt reminded of her?

-

--------------------

Big O
N/A
Member # 23467

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Combs do not really prove much, many types of combs round the world have looked fairly alike, regardless of what hair type their users had.

And all Egyptian combs were not "Afro combs". Different types of combs have been found.

-

Some examples of combs from different parts of the world and different time periods: Americas, Scythian, Carolingian (Europe) 700s, Viking, Egyptian and Susquehannock (America)

The best evidence of what hair type ancient peoples had is preserved hair. Pictures can also be of help sometimes.

Well all know that the Black people in Khamet do not have the same texture of hair as pointed out to you above. That non Afro hair texture predates the existence of a pale skinned population.

Secondly the existence of Afro combs outside of Africa is just proof of Afro donning Blacks settling in all of those regions that you listed.

-

john ogilby america | ... the book America ], c1673 by Arnoldus Montanus (Ogilby), Amsterdam

Here are the Black native Americans who predate Columbus. The Mesolithic, Neolithic, and Bronze Age Europeans were Black, as the CONSISTENT biological evidence that your trolling ass keeps running from has shown;

-

--------------------
N/A

Big O
N/A
Member # 23467

Rate Member
quote:
A romanticized painting of an Egyptian girl, painted by Frederick Goodall in 1870.

Maybe some people in ancient Egypt reminded of her?

[IMG]https://i.ibb.co/0YNY
C5q/Flower-girl-cut.jpg[/IMG]

Given that the Greeks were closer in age to Kham their representations may have a bit more merit than their successors.

-

--------------------
N/A

Big O
N/A
Member # 23467

Rate Member
Archeopteryx is a a sock puppet TROLL ACCOUNT that needs to be banned.

--------------------
N/A

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
quote:
Well all know that the Black people in Khamet do not have the same texture of hair as pointed out to you above. That non Afro hair texture predates the existence of a pale skinned population.

Secondly the existence of Afro combs outside of Africa is just proof of Afro donning Blacks settling in all of those regions that you listed.

--

Here are the Black native Americans who predate Columbus. The Mesolithic, Neolithic, and Bronze Age Europeans were Black, as the CONSISTENT biological evidence that your trolling ass keeps running from has shown;

Stop with your pseudo history. You have got blacks on your brain. We have many ancient mummies in the Americas who had straight hair. We have blond, straight or lightly wavy hair preserved from Danish bronze age tombs, and still they have combs that were not unlike the Egyptians.

There is no proof that the ancient European neolithic people were black. They had genes for light hair and skin, just like mesolithic Scandinavians before them.

And please do not come dragging with the same old pictures from John Ogilbys book as all Blackcentric pseudo scholars use to do. Ogilby had no first hand experience of any Native Americans. Also: His book is actually a translation from a Dutch book. And the engraver most probably did not see any Native Americans either, but relied mostly on hearsay and misunderstood second hand information, paired with a portion of pure fantasy, which was common in Europe at that time. Also one must take into consideration that Europeans were often better acquainted with Africans, so many times they modelled pictures of how they imagined Native Americans from Africans.

By the way, how can a picture from 1673 predate Columbus? Columbus arrived in the Caribbean in 1492. Sounds weird.

From the Scandinavian Bronze age we have blonde hair preserved. And here is a comb from the same time.

-

It is just silly when some people try to insert Blacks also in cultures where the people were not Black/African.

Be happy with your own ancestors. Do not try to leech on other cultures and take credit for their achievements. It is just silly.

B t w your Bronze lady is from Roman time and had her hair donned in a style not uncommon in the Roman empire. That hairstyle is fully obtainable with European, straight or wavy hair as experiments have shown.
 -

--------------------

Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

Why is big_O even allowed here nobody takes him seriously + he keeps spamming pseudo science
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, I was looking around the Human Phenotypes website where the OP got those images. While it does have some useful information on how different populations around the world look, I honestly cringe at all the "-id" or "-oid" terminology it throws around. Maybe I'm just too much of a PC SJW, but that kind of language seems borderline racialist to me.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by BrandonP:
By the way, I was looking around the Human Phenotypes website where the OP got those images. While it does have some useful information on how different populations around the world look, I honestly cringe at all the "-id" or "-oid" terminology it throws around. Maybe I'm just too much of a PC SJW, but that kind of language seems borderline racialist to me.

It would be interesting to know how many photos each of those composite photos consists of.

--------------------

TubuYal23
New
Member # 23503

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TubuYal23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Why is big_O even allowed here nobody takes him seriously + he keeps spamming pseudo science

Yeah because you bring so much to the table beside your anti-blackness.
Posts: 45 | From: U.S | Registered: Nov 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TubuYal23:
quote:

No he is a clown who takes his talking points from Mr imhotep who is also a pseudo soundbite clown.

How do you argue "All" Ancient Egyptians had "Afro Hair", talk about their hair being in a range from Zulu to Australian Aborigines when Australian Aborigines DONT even have Afro Hair? [Confused]

How you talk about Hair to prove Africanity but associate Ancient Egyptians with Australian Aborignes who are 100% Non-African? [Confused]

How you have one image saying they *ALL* had "Afro Hair" then you make a second graphic about mummies having straight and wavy hair [Roll Eyes]

Folks want to be ethnocentric and exclude every ethnicity and phenotype EXCEPT their own from the Nile Valley. Fortunately the data keeps hitting him in the head.

Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

@beyoku he was talking about me not Big_O
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of here is some work from the net showing various African cultural hair traditions:

https://foundation.app/collection/strong?tab=description

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12Km5-ZSjBA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1TD4MLgj_Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2niK7XjJwKU

Posts: 8890 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by beyoku:
quote:
quote:

No he is a clown who takes his talking points from Mr imhotep who is also a pseudo soundbite clown.

How do you argue "All" Ancient Egyptians had "Afro Hair", talk about their hair being in a range from Zulu to Australian Aborigines when Australian Aborigines DONT even have Afro Hair? [Confused]

How you talk about Hair to prove Africanity but associate Ancient Egyptians with Australian Aborignes who are 100% Non-African? [Confused]

How you have one image saying they *ALL* had "Afro Hair" then you make a second graphic about mummies having straight and wavy hair [Roll Eyes]

Folks want to be ethnocentric and exclude every ethnicity and phenotype EXCEPT their own from the Nile Valley. Fortunately the data keeps hitting him in the head.

Unless there are different group altogether,the Tazmanians had Afro hair texture and the Torres Straight Islanders also have Afro textute. So Big O isn't technically wrong,it's just the Australian Aborigines,who aren't mixed that are shown in media are wavy/curly hair types.
Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thereal:
quote:
Originally posted by beyoku:
quote:
quote:

Unless there are different group altogether,the Tazmanians had Afro hair texture and the Torres Straight Islanders also have Afro textute. So Big O isn't technically wrong,it's just the Australian Aborigines,who aren't mixed that are shown in media are wavy/curly hair types.
"Did you know"™® Oceanic and South Pacific population are not Monolith. They descend from a diverse set of people with diverse looks. Their ancestors likely existed ALL along the southern Route out of Africa and into the Americas. Linking African hair with Australian hair to prove African origin is silly because Australians are not Africans so its self defeating. Australians are one of the populations genetically furthest from Africa. This is why these race models are broken. Folks are parroting people who are *MONETIZING* (for personal gain) political unity based on melanin under the guises of doing "Research". They are grifters selling a product : Pride.

This is why i cant stand this 'hit and run' / 'soundbyte' 'scholarship'. No analysis, no source just a meme. It provides others with an excuse not to READ and do real work.

Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yatunde Lisa Bey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Psamtik I is one of the last great pharaohs of Kemet who expelled the Assyrians and established the 26th-dynasty.

-

-

--------------------
It's not my burden to disabuse the ignorant of their wrong opinions

Posts: 2699 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ulotrichous hair, Yolngu Matha speakers, Arnhem, northern Australia, from Ten Canoes.

-

-

-  -

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com