EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Ancient Egyptian fakes, frauds, and deceptions (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Ancient Egyptian fakes, frauds, and deceptions
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Expert Says Nefertiti Bust Is a Fake
AOL

(May 5) - A Swiss art historian says the famous bust of Queen Nefertiti, believed to be 3,400 years old, is in fact a copy from 1912...

An overlay over the black Nefertiti original bust beneath...
 -

This fake Tetisheri statue (with its facial features resembling most Europeans) was showcased in the British Museum
special exhibit on forgeries in 1990, but not before this forgery fooled experts and deceived the world for 100 years...
 -

The Ra-Hotep and Nofret statues are seated in strange chairs with backboards and Mdw Ntr
writing near their head. These statues are among the greatest forgeries in the history of
ancient African archaeology. --Prof. Manu Ampim
 -

Hemiunu - miraculous restored with a European, very non-Ancient Egyptian head...
 -

Regardless of who defaced the visage of this Black African sphinx, National
Geographic gives us the image of a European with a tan, like the one in Vegas...
 -

Once again, National Geographic continues with its distortions by taking the image of the
Black African king on the left and giving us the image of 'Boy George' with a tan...
 -

but, alas, some were missed...

-

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CT Scan shows actual black Nefertiti underneath
 -

the real Nefertiti

-

authentic hemiunu relief
 -

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "good ol' boys" at National Geographic would try and convince the masses that

This
 -

is an accurate portrayal of

Khufu
 -

and that this fake Hemiunu bas-relief, "found" amongst the scrap of a tomb in 1925...
 -

we are to believe is a royal nephew of Khufu within this dynastic family (Ancient Egyptian)...

-

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Wally I'm shocked, this is a fake? If it was found in a tomb in Egypt how did it get there?

Please give your source that this is fake.

This is fascinating I never realized it was fake. I would like to read more about it's fakeness.

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

Wally is this relief of Ramesses II real or fake? it looks suspicious

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
5th Dynasty images - Kings, professionals, scribe, a nobleman...

Now which image seems to be an anomaly in this montage?

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Wally:

-
 -

The Ramses on the bottom is the anomaly.
Look at the thin lips and narrow nose. An obvious fake.

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
 -

Wally I'm shocked, this is a fake? If it was found in a tomb in Egypt how did it get there?

Please give your source that this is fake.

This is fascinating I never realized it was fake. I would like to read more about it's fakeness.

a) The Hemiunu statuary (1925), like the widely circulated Nefertiti fraud, is from Germany;
1925 was the beginning of the rise of Nazism, which gained power in 1933...

b) The profile of this Hemiunu is not consistent with the typical Ancient Egyptian:
Hemiunu's profile displays a verticle nasal arrangement along with a flat, extremely non-everted and thin mouth
 -

whereas, the coventinal Ancient Egyptian is portrayed with a broader, more horizontal
nasal arrangement along with an everted, thick mouth...

Rameses, Ramose, Ptahmeryt , Nefertiti...
 -
 -
 -
 -

c) You might also want to Google "Hemiunu Boston" and read the documentation found there...

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

the coventinal Ancient Egyptian is portrayed with a broader, more horizontal

I see what your saying Wally. The two items below are obvious fakes, correct?

-

-

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

No,
And I doubt that you see what I am saying...

Neither of the two images you display is an anomaly
to Egyptian art and there is no evidence that they
are fakes...

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

No,
And I doubt that you see what I am saying...

Neither of the two images you display is an anomaly
to Egyptian art and there is no evidence that they
are fakes...

Wally I see exactly what you are saying. You said that Egyptians had "everted, thick mouths" and that the seated figure you had posted was a fake, an anomaly because the seated figure does not have an everted, thick mouth, neither do the two artworks below, therefore fake.

-

-

Even the fake Nefertiti below has a more everted, thick mouth, relatively speaking, compared to the two above fake Rameses:

-

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
Wally I see exactly what you are saying. You said that Egyptians had "everted, thick mouths" and that
the seated figure you had posted was a fake, an anomaly because the seated figure does not have
an everted, thick mouth, neither do the two artworks below, therefore fake.

You may be onto something regarding the seated statue of Rameses which is in
the Turin museum in Italy
 -

Which bears little or no resemblance to these Images of Rameses II from Luxor, Museo Egizio; Florence, and London (note the top middle photo
is often identified as Amenhotep III or Thotmes II; Rameses was known to usurp the works of others...)
 -

and none of these images bear any resemblance to the Unauthenticated mummy, said to be that of Rameses II

http://www.crb2.k12.wy.us/users/pkraft/egypt/Ramses%20II%20mummy.jpg

however, this mummy does bear a striking resemblance to former Egyptian president Anwar Sadat...in my opinion
 -

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

-

I don't think Sadat matches the above Rammeses fakes:
 -

The nose doesn't match at all. Look at how much fleshier Sadat's nose is around the tip and the nostril is wider. His is head is also more elongated while the fake Ramesses sculpture's head is rounder. Obviously with thin nose and thin lipped fakes like these they are not going after a Sadat look, they are trying to make then look white not like Sadat

-  -  -

this fake reconstruction closely resembles in the fake mummy. You can see the bend in the nose. Also how
the lower section of the head is large, the area above and below the mouth is thick. Like on the fake mummy if you were to make a horizontal line under the nose, the lower half of the face is a larger scale than normal relative to the upper half of the face, a very wide jaw.
Just darken the skin tone and realize he straightened his hair and then it works

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
AOL

(May 5) - A Swiss art historian says the famous bust of Queen Nefertiti, believed to be 3,400 years old, is in fact a copy from 1912...

-

This fake Tetisheri statue (with its facial features resembling most Europeans) was showcased in the British Museum
special exhibit on forgeries in 1990, but not before this forgery fooled experts and deceived the world for 100 years...
 -

The Ra-Hotep and Nofret statues are seated in strange chairs with backboards and Mdw Ntr
writing near their head. These statues are among the greatest forgeries in the history of
 -

Hemiunu - miraculous restored with a European, very non-Ancient Egyptian head...
 -

Geographic gives us the image of a European with a tan, like the one in Vegas...
 -

Once again, National Geographic continues with its distortions by taking the image of the
Black African king on the left and giving us the image of 'Boy George' with a tan...
 -

-

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Delusions caused by White (Khawaga), reactionary racism...
quote:

A delusion, in everyday language, is a fixed belief that is either false, fanciful,
or derived from deception...incomplete information, "incorrect"
dogma, stupidity, apperception, illusion, or other effects of perception.

-
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Albinos playing make-believe. Which would be okay If they didn't also try to make history reflect their fantasy.
Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Roomful of Mirrors by Hiroshima (Dan Kuramoto)

In a room full of mirrors

we can pretend who we can be

a dancer in a top coat

or a captain of the sea...

cause I just wanna be

to look inside just like me...

pretend has such fun... ♫

-
 -

-

aintplayin22
Member # 18179

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for aintplayin22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wally,

do you have a video of these fake statues that you have presented?

Posts: 36 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Roomful of Mirrors by Hiroshima (Dan Kuramoto)

In a room full of mirrors

we can pretend who we can be

a dancer in a top coat

or a captain of the sea...

cause I just wanna be

to look inside just like me...

We can have such fun...

http://vodpod.com/watch/4817184-hiroshima-roomful-of-mirrors

-

Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know whether one should be offended by these folks emulating the ancient Egyptians, or simply look at this as a tribute to the ancient Egyptians, because these guys are obviously their "devoted fans" and that they look up to them? Hard call, maybe?

--------------------
The Complete Picture of the Past tells Us what Not to Repeat

Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Simple Girl
Member # 18316

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Simple Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Explorer:
Don't know whether one should be offended by these folks emulating the ancient Egyptians, or simply look at this as a tribute to the ancient Egyptians, because these guys are obviously their "devoted fans" and that they look up to them? Hard call, maybe?

This is funny.You're the devoted fan of something you cannot possibly fathom. I have you by light years and you still don't get it. lol
Posts: 676 | From: the Alpha and the Omega | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
NORMAL HUMAN BEHAVIOR: AFRICANS REENACTING A GRAND PERIOD IN
AFRICAN HISTORY...
 -

NORMAL HUMAN BEHAVIOR: EUROPEANS REENACTING A GRAND PERIOD IN
EUROPEAN HISTORY...
 -

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
lol, with fezes on
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
lol, with fezes on

You seriously need to stop Laughing-Out-Loud trying to divert the subject matter and try to
learn something...or else take your immature prattle to "Ancient Egypt" or "Stormfront" or
"Mathilda"...

The "Fez" (etym: region in Morocco ) is nothing more than an African hat or "Kufi".

-

Originally, kufis were worn by men of Christian, Muslim, and followers of indigenous African religions. Many elders wore kufis to symbolize their status of wealth, wisdom, and religion.

As with many things, its origins can be traced back as far as Nile Valley Civilization...

---In the Mtau Ntr, Oufi means crown, helmet, hat, cap
--- in Yoruba, Kufi means crown
---in Swahili, the word is Kofia, hat
---in Late Latin, cūfia, bonnet.
---in Arabic, kuffiyah, head cloth worn by Arab males

Today, in the US, kufis are worn by many with casual attire and make quite the fashion statement. Usher wore one on his album cover “U Remind Me.” (Marvin Gaye was one of, if not the first to sport one on an album cover...)

-

In African cultures, the women also wear the feminine version of the Kufi...

-
 -
 -
 -

or simulated in this tutsi hair crown
 -

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

http://lvvfsa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p96yOoY5VKVoZaYuFFyV_mM3rk7xOzNhrIB_SrUZB7lnxbQ95LyS3MO1im7vUId2scLma0s8cyWJReL5LeM3OEsTL_KCKHBNI/the%205th%20dynasty.jpg?psid=1

Which was it s'posed to be? I notice the scribe i forget his name in the middle bottom is a "polished" of what was originally discovered though.

Thisis no forgery though,and forgeries haven't stopped -- not saying this in a racially charged way.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Whatbox ,

Keep in mind the topic,

Ancient Egyptian fakes, frauds, and deceptions

You have correctly identified the "polished" image of the seated scribe as being the anomaly
(a deviation from the common rule, type, arrangement, or form. ) ;

in this instance a deception, altered like the Hitler "Nefertiti" bust, and both are widely
circulated as being the common type...

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Start the indoctrination of fantasy at the earliest stage of 'learning'; Books for children...

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
some of these books Wally posted don't have it right. I agree

This is what it should they look like:

-

-

-
 -
Hatshepsut

-

-

-

Any kids books that would have illustrations similar to the above would be o.k.
You can't say this or that type is an anomaly because there were many types in AE.
But some of these kids books have types outside of this many.
At this point in time Obama looks like an anomaly but that doesn't mean he wasn't president

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Thutmoses gets a Cairo museum 'nose job'; the public gets a snow job...
 -

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
...pointed out by Djehuti in another thread; the
airbrushed look...

before
 -

after
 -

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
^^^^Look at tha fraud on Thutmose III

This is the real Thutmose III

-

-

Relief of Thutmose III, New Kingdom, Dynasty 18,Ramesside temple, Metropolitan Museum of Art

-

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
This is sh|t...
 -

and this is Shinola: Thutmoses III
 -

Hatshepsut - Rameses III - Thutmoses III : Royal families...

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Thutmoses gets a Cairo museum 'nose job'; the public gets a snow job...
 -

This epitomizes the ugliness, and disgusting, dispicable and unforgivably deliberate attempts of modern museums to change ancient African chiefs into Europeans. This kind of sickness should be enough to drive any African nuts. lol!
Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
AOL

-

-

-

-

-

-

[IMG][/IMG]

GO_ ! I wasn't aware of that one of Hemiunu! Despicable, desperate and delusional, and enough to make any one of black African descent into an AFronut! I cant get over this stuff. Throughout my life I've looked at these pictures in books even at the University of Chicago and Columbia and took it for granted like many throughout the world they were real! I'm sure most of my Professors thought they were real too.. Really it all borders on being unforgivable as far as I'm concerned. Way to go, Wally!
Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

^^^^it epitomizes nothing but a restoration that is consistent with foundations of the nose which are still intact and evident on all sides

As for Hemiunu, showing the body means nothing. The head had broken off and was found, no it was not fabricated from nothing

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by dana marniche:
...I wasn't aware of that one of Hemiunu! Despicable, desperate and delusional, and
enough to make any one of black African descent into an AFronut! I cant get over this stuff.
Throughout my life I've looked at these pictures in books even at the University of Chicago
and Columbia and took it for granted like many throughout the world they were real! I'm sure
most of my Professors thought they were real too.. Really it all borders on being unforgivable
as far as I'm concerned...

...and note this timid observation of ancient-egypt.org

-
"Statue of Hemiunu, found
in his mastaba in Giza. The
whiter part in his face
indicates some restoration."

Yeah, some "restoration" at the museum in Hildesheim, Germany.
 -

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?

Which of these images of Queen Nefertiti is the **anomaly here...and which one is the most propagated...
 -
 -
 -

**An anomaly is any occurrence or object that is strange, unusual, or unique. It can also mean a discrepancy or deviation from an established rule, trend, or pattern

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
this is the real Nefertiti:

-
 -

-

Nefertiti, detail of the Wilbour Plaque (circa 1352-1336 BCE)

-

this is an anomaly:

-

clearly her lips, much bigger here don't match the other more realistic works above, much as I would have hoped she looked more like me

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
the lioness (aka lyinass),

It is now clear and transparent - you have concretely demonstrated here that you are
NOT as smart as a 5th grader!

Let us ignore the mentally challenged and move on

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?

Which of these images of Queen Nefertiti is the **anomaly here...and which one is the most propagated...
 -
 -
 -

**An anomaly is any occurrence or object that is strange, unusual, or unique. It can also mean a discrepancy or deviation from an established rule, trend, or pattern

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
clearly her lips, much bigger here don't match the other more realistic works above, much as I would have hoped she looked more like me

Damn lioness, you are totally delusional aren't you. He,he, find a hard-up Black man, then you can become Black by injection.
Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:

GO_ ! I wasn't aware of that one of Hemiunu! Despicable, desperate and delusional, and enough to make any one of black African descent into an AFronut! I cant get over this stuff. Throughout my life I've looked at these pictures in books even at the University of Chicago and Columbia and took it for granted like many throughout the world they were real! I'm sure most of my Professors thought they were real too.. Really it all borders on being unforgivable as far as I'm concerned. Way to go, Wally!

I am quite surprised dana marniche: I didn't realize that you believed that White nonsense, and even more surprised that you had never taken the time to check any of it. I assume then, that you thought us Afrocentrics soapbox historians. Well, you hid it well, but to what end, you merely extended the time of your own ignorance.
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^As a follow-up dana marniche:

You say that your Professors thought they were real too..

Well I can't speak about Columbia, but I can say for sure, that the University of Chicago is a bastion for lying, racist, history revisionism. One need go no further than their handling of the Apadana, Persepolis project, which they began in 1930.

The stairway of Apadana has depictions of the, (at that time), 22 vassal nations of the Persian empire. These people are presented in careful profile, in their native dress, but without identification. The nations are:

Elam [Ūvja], Babylonia [Bābiruš], Assyria [Athurā], Arabia [Arabāya], Egypt [Mudrāya], the countries by the Sea, Lydia [Sparda], the Greeks [Yauna], Media [Māda], Armenia [Armina], Cappadocia [Katpatuka], Parthia [Parthava], Drangiana [Zraka], Aria [Haraiva], Chorasmia [Uvārazmīy], Bactria [Bāxtriš], Sogdia [Suguda], Gandara [Gadāra], Scythia [Saka] (Ghi-mi-ri or Cimmeria in Babylonian version), Sattagydia [Thataguš], Arachosia [Harauvatiš] and Maka [Maka]

The identification for the vassal peoples is located on Darius's tomb at Naqsh-e Rostam, and is written in Persian and Elamite.

In the 80 years since their field work, the University of Chicago has yet to publish a transcript of the Persian inscriptions identifying the people on Apadana's stairway.

The reasoning is the same as the Khazars and Catholics failure to publish the Dead Sea Scrolls - FEAR that the truth will destroy false White history - which it certainly will!

If you are unfamiliar with Apadana, click the link. There are links on the page for blowups, check them out.

http://realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Misc/Elam/Persepolis.htm

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by A Simple-minded Girl:

quote:
Originally posted by The Explorer:

This is funny.You're the devoted fan of something you cannot possibly fathom. I have you by light years and you still don't get it. lol
LOL This girl is hilarious. It is she who cannot possibly fathom the depths of her ignorance and stupidity.

As for all these white folks who are "devoted fans" of the Egyptians. I want to know how devoted they'll be if they learn that the Egyptians were blacks and their culture was African.

Even the emulated attire-- the white linen clothing, the beaded collars, the braided hair styles are all African, east African to be exact since I've seen Ethiopians wear such strikingly similar attire during their festivities. I remember laughing when an Ethiopian girl I knew from college who was wearing her traditional attire told me a white guy asked her if she was dressing up as an Egyptian for a costume party! LOL

Posts: 26236 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
 -

^^^^it epitomizes nothing but a restoration that is consistent with foundations of the nose which are still intact and evident on all sides

As for Hemiunu, showing the body means nothing. The head had broken off and was found, no it was not fabricated from nothing

Like I said some of us have become Afronuts! lol!
I guess its also ur opinion he spoke with a British accent too. [Roll Eyes]

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
quote:

I am quite surprised dana marniche: I didn't realize that you believed that White nonsense, and even more surprised that you had never taken the time to check any of it. I assume then, that you thought us Afrocentrics soapbox historians. Well, you hid it well, but to what end, you merely extended the time of your own ignorance.
Yes i did believe it MIKE - that is why I am now trying to help rectify things! i first began to question the lies only when I saw the early depictions of Libyans looking exactly like later depictions from Seti's tomb except with dark brown skin and wondered why they were not found anywhere else except for the entrance over the University Museum at University of Chicago. And then I had saw the textbooks with the photos of ancient Old Dynasty scribes with the dark brown paint on the knees in a library and Rutgers and wondered why most books had tried to pass these scribes off as whites. It was very devastating to find that so many European academic sources were so untrustworthy and were trying to hide something - I must admit. [Smile]
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
 -

Another photograph I have seen lightened up more than a bit around the internet.

--------------------
D. Reynolds-Marniche

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

fake

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com