EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Khafra and Hemiunu - Two great Caucasian men in Ancient Egypt (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Khafra and Hemiunu - Two great Caucasian men in Ancient Egypt
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its amazing you people are still arguing over Nose Shapes..LMAO
Posts: 8806 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Non-Prophet:
You also wierdly claimed Jep was Khafra's and/or Khufu's father.

Where?

quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
The fact is that Kobe doesn't have an aquiline nose while Khafra's is aquiline.

Do you even know what aquiline means? LOL. Khafra's nose is straight in profile, it is Khufu's nose that is aquiline on that sculpture I posted.

quote:
Originally posted by the Lioness:
For instance it is unlike Ethiopian noses that hook down somewhat as similar to some Semites.

[Confused]
The ''Ethiopian nose''? LOL. You are so dumb, it's baffling. Ethiopians display many nose types. First you say Khafra's nose is unlike hook nosed Ethiopians, but then when I follow up on your request for a picture, you do a 360 and go on to state that Khafra's nose is ''aquilline''. Do you even realise a hook nose IS aquiline. The two terms are synonyms.

Ethiopian with aquiline profile:

-

Africans with a straight nasal profile:

West African musician:

-

Diasporal Afican:

-

Ethiopian man:

-

Ethiopian man:

-

Ethiopian man:

-

Ethiopian man:

-

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The fact is that Kobe doesn't have an aquiline nose while Khafra's is aquiline. It has a slight bend in it. Kobe's does not. But never mind Kobe Bryant the American, racially Khafra could go either way.

[Eek!]
Why do you start retreating from your original request:

quote:
Khafra's nose is no more flat than the earth. In my opinion his nose is not an African nose. Find a tribe in Africa that has this type of nose..

first you ask for African examples of such nose types, and now when provided, you retreat to whether or not Khafra was African. Racially, any phenotype can go either way. You can ask that question about anyone whose origins are not stated, including ''Broad featured'' types like Mugabe and Narmer. Their phenotype exists in Asia as well, so whats your point?

[Eek!]

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is all in the angle of the shot. Someine said it on this forum. . .the media play these mind games with the angle of the pic.

Below he is fits undoubtedly within the stereotypical broad-face West African phenotype.

From the side. . there are doubts. No wonder they always use the shot from the side. tsk! tsk!
quote:
Originally posted by Siptah:
Khafre's profile:

-

Even this brother fits the phenotype of West Africans I see here in West Philly. How? The cheek bone is a dead giveaway.

And the shape of the head.

-

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kalonji:
quote:
The fact is that Kobe doesn't have an aquiline nose while Khafra's is aquiline. It has a slight bend in it. Kobe's does not. But never mind Kobe Bryant the American, racially Khafra could go either way.

[Eek!]
Why do you start retreating from your original request:

quote:
Khafra's nose is no more flat than the earth. In my opinion his nose is not an African nose. Find a tribe in Africa that has this type of nose..

first you ask for African examples of such nose types, and now when provided, you retreat to whether or not Khafra was African. Racially, any phenotype can go either way. You can ask that question about anyone whose origins are not stated, including ''Broad featured'' types like Mugabe and Narmer. Their phenotype exists in Asia as well, so whats your point?

[Eek!]

I RETRACT THE STATEMENT THAT I THINK KHAFRA'S NOSE DOES NOT LOOK AFRICAN
alert the media, lioness proven wrong

the fact is that his type of nose could be the nose of an African or someone not African.
Khafra, I don't know what he is.
He doesn't remind me of typical groups in Africa.
I ask does anybody honestly think he does? I can't place him. He reminds me of mixed people I have seen.
Sometimes these proportions are really subtle. For example you have a given shape of a feature but it's not only that it's the relative size of that feature to the rest of the head and face also.
Then it's also skull shape and one feature in combination with another feature.

In the end you can't seem to make firm conclusions
about facial features although Explorer and Clyde
said there were noses that are not African.
So do the terms "black" and "white" really mean anything?

Posts: 42969 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
In my opinion his nose is not an African nose.
quote:
the fact is that his type of nose could be the nose of an African ...
Cant even make up her mind about her own opinions...
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
It is all in the angle of the shot. Someine said it on this forum. . .the media play these mind games with the angle of the pic.

Below he is fits undoubtedly within the stereotypical broad-face West African phenotype.

From the side. . there are doubts. No wonder they always use the shot from the side. tsk! tsk!
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Siptah:
Khafre's profile:

-

well who's to say which angle we will go by? If you want to look at nose shape it's the side view profile that is most clear. It is amazing how different this sculpture looks form the different angles.

quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:

Even this brother fits the phenotype of West Africans I see here in West Philly. How? The cheek bone is a dead giveaway.

And the shape of the head.

-

now it's cheekbones which indicate race?
Posts: 42969 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by lioness:
I RETRACT THE STATEMENT THAT I THINK KHAFRA'S NOSE DOES NOT LOOK AFRICAN
alert the media, lioness proven wrong

Good girl.

quote:
the fact is that his type of nose could be the nose of an African or someone not African.

^Like I said, that goes for ANY isolated feature, including any ''west African'' feature:

Originally posted by Kalonji
You can ask that question about anyone whose origins are not stated, including ''Broad featured'' types like Mugabe and Narmer. Their phenotype exists in Asia as well, so whats your point?

No population has a monopoly on a given isolated feature, you need to school yourself and eradicate your assumptions. Do you know what ''eradicate'' means?

erad·i·cat·ederad·i·cat·ing
Definition of ERADICATE
1: to pull up by the roots
2: to do away with as completely as if by pulling up by the roots

Your ignorant, deeply rooted assumptions are the culprit of you making a fool out of yourself time after time again.

quote:
Khafra, I don't know what he is.

He is an Egyptian, you idiot.
There is no reason to assume that he wasn't.
Normal people don't engage in you doubting or challenging something when there is no new piece of evidence that can negate what is already known. You keep posting images as if they have any bearing on:

-

Do you see ''Masai'' on the map?
In terms of cranifacial resemblance, these people with predominant African lineages diverge away from the set of features that are more exclusive to Africa, even more so than the Ancient Egyptians. What does that tell you?

Do you actually think an isolated feature like the straight nose on Khafra's statue baffles anyone?

LOLOLOLOL

Look at that map, and how African tribes/populations are spread over it, and then look at Lioness's silly statements that imply that Africa is one big homogenous populaton:

Mentally imbalanced statements made by the Lioness:

The fact is that Kobe doesn't have an aquiline nose while Khafra's is aquiline.

Khafra's nose is no more flat than the earth. In my opinion his nose is not an African nose.

Find a tribe in Africa that has this type of nose..

The highlighted parts above and others you have made previously show that you have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about, and that your reasoning is based on deeply flawed assumptions. You actually implied that Africa, which harbours a population of approximately a billion people can not produce an nose type similar to the one on Khafra's statue.

Do you have any idea how dumb that is?

SMFH

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Kalonji you think telling me Khafra was an Egyptian
is some kind of exposure. Kobe Bryant is an American what does that prove. How far back do you know where Khafra's ancestry goes back to?
There were also places that Egyptians came from before Egypt.

You use non-sequiter methodology and unnecessary insult.
Your methodology is this:
A person lived in Egypt
Egypt is in Africa
therefore their ancestry is African

If people lived in Egypt they may have ancestors from thousands of years in Egypt.
Or they may have come from nearby areas.
There is no Khafra mummy for DNA analysis.

In thousands of years when they dig up the remains of Kobe Bryant and somebody says he looks African are you going to say "no way he's American"?

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
You use non-sequiter methodology and unnecessary insult.

Peoples patience with your never ending assumtive reasoning is running out. I know mine is. This isn't the first time someone has explained to you that Africans vary within their ethnic groups and inter ethnic groups, that is, Ethnic groups in Africa that vary on a group per group basis. You just keep arguing off of art, and pitting what you see as ''non African'' against just one of the many available African groups, which is obviously ''West African'' in your case. You have done this since you registered, and you have made no progress, beside your occasional retreating to being ''neutral'' (John says) when you're confronted with the facts.

You should think about what you want, do you want people to take you serious? Then start acting like it. There is a huge momentum from western scholarship that is slowly but surely putting Africa back in... Africa!! The only way one can disagree, is by ignoring evidence. And that is what you are doing.

quote:
Your methodology is this:
A person lived in Egypt
Egypt is in Africa
therefore their ancestry is African

Yes, and the last time I checked that was called Ockhams razor: accepting the simplest explanation until a better one is provided. You based your doubt of Khafra's origins on the facial features of his portrayals that you can't place among Africans. Now that I have shown your inablity to do so is based on your poor understanding of what Africans can display, you again, make it into something else.

Let me ask you something
Do you place questions signs whenever you see a Roman or Greek bust? Do you wonder about all the Turkish or Syrian places the person could've come from? Do you wonder about his possible African ancestry? There are good reasons to do so, and unlike your hobby, this isn't based on art, but on the fact that substantial E and J clades made their way into med Europe by way of demic deffusion. Can you show the same thing in the case of ancient Egypt ie, substantial Eurasian linages in Khafra or/or ancient Egypt?

Your view is distorted, and you meassure with different rulers when you look at Africa vs Europe and Asia. Therefore, you make it seem like Egypt is unique when it comes to potential admixture, when they're not. Don't make me get into the massive invasions by all sorts of peoples into Mesapotamia. Don't make me get into the fact that the greeks emigrated from Asia, and that there were pre existing natives present, that assimulated more or less. Because these groups belong to Eurasia, they can't be admixed when they assimilate? Don't make me laugh. 50%+ non-European male lineages in modern Greece, and some Balkan states. Predominant Indo european langues that aren't even native to Europe. Go figure.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This coming from applying physical anthropology thusly.

The lesson for today is sellion, orbitale superious,and nasal root.

In either profile of the statue one chooses the nose is flat.

-

-

quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
Khafra: has a flat nose

alTakruri was out to lunch with this comment talking about the below profile view. Khafra's nose is no more flat than the earth.
quote:
Originally posted by NonProphet:
quote:

This coming from a ESR mod?? LOL

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Kalonji your logic is off.
You posted Kobe Bryant and that football player and others.
Are you following Ockhams razor?
Is Kobe an Egyptian?
If you were following the simplest path it would be to use examples of people who had similarity to AE's it would be people whose ancestry
is from places closet to Egypt.

For example Sudan, Jordan, Israel, Libya, Arabia and Chad are all close to Egypt.

Mali and Angola are not.

Follow the razor

Greeks and Roman's? Yes some look like they might have Turkish or Syrian or African ancestry

The terms "Africa" and "Asia" are arbitrary later continental terms the landmass is connected and can be crossed on foot.

Very dark skinned people as a majority in Arabia which is in Asia at some point?
It's possible. But was it before or after Muhammad?
I have addressed some of the issues you raised. Please go to my thread in Egyptology called William J. Anderson's what does "black" mean list and comment

You use this term "black". I think the definitions
listed there cover enough variations that someone can attribute one.

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I don't go around like a little puppy in other threads begging people to respond,
quote:
Please go to my thread in Egyptology called William J. Anderson's what does "black" mean list and comment

[Big Grin]
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

The nose is not flat in either profile of the statue one chooses.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by anguishofbeing:
quote:
I don't go around like a little puppy in other threads begging people to respond,
quote:
Please go to my thread in Egyptology called William J. Anderson's what does "black" mean list and comment

[Big Grin]

begging is when you ask more than once dipshyt, and you're up to 11
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
quote:
begging is when you ask more than once dipshyt

hehehe

You sound upset, why so sensitive? I bet I know:

click me!
 -

[Big Grin]

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As in other matters you are totally ignorant of
physical anthropology and even after being given
the points used to ascertain a flat nose continue
to spout your self-serving and unlearned opinion.

quote:
quote:

The nose is not flat in either profile of the statue one chooses.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
Orginally posted by Lioness:
You posted Kobe Bryant and that football player and others.
Are you following Ockhams razor?
Is Kobe an Egyptian?

^Strawman

quote:
If you were following the simplest path it would be to use examples of people who had similarity to AE's it would be people whose ancestry
is from places closet to Egypt. For example Sudan, Jordan, Israel, Libya, Arabia and Chad are all close to Egypt.

Wrong
Proximity in and of itself doesn't imply ancestry. Nubians and blacks from the western and eastern deserts are not ideal candidates for relatives of AE because of proximity, but because of indistinguishable cranifacial resemblance and other lines of evidence.

quote:
Mali and Angola are not.
Follow the razor

Look who's talking. You're not using it at all. But you're free to think you do. Just don't be surprised when people get tired with you.

quote:
Greeks and Roman's? Yes some look like they might have Turkish or Syrian or African ancestry

You still don't get it do you?

and unlike your hobby, this isn't based on art, but on the fact that substantial E and J clades made their way into med Europe by way of demic deffusion. Can you show the same thing in the case of ancient Egypt ie, substantial Eurasian linages in Khafra or/or ancient Egypt?

It's not necessarily based on that they ''look'' like they have foreign ancestry, because you can't always see it, like for example in the case of the racist James Watson and more recently, Hitler.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/science/article3022190.ece

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15447465/

^look at the white kid, he does not display ''mixed'' features, but he definitely is.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn11018-genes-reveal-west-african-heritage-of-white-brits.html

http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/mixedtwins.asp

In other cases someone may look like he is mixed when it is not the case, but the person just **looks** like he has different ancestry.

Like it has been speculated in the case of the Tutsi and subsequently discredited with Y chromosomal DNA analysis.

JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Kalonji, you were doing o.k. until you started pulling out the one in a million cases
Jacki Lopushonsky
Member # 17745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacki Lopushonsky         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^Bob Brier doesn't know what he is talking about In his TTC lecture, he says the Nubian language ''sounds'' African, to contrast it with the ancient Egyptian language. No linguist would say that, as AE itself is African as well, just like it's culture is.

AE is most closely related to Coptic, Proto-Semitic and Proto-Berber families and all modern day AA speakers sound like their coughing up mucous. This similarity is why Arabic was so easily adopted by the Egyptians as the state language. Nobiin in the Nilo-Saharan family is phonetically unrelated to Afrasian. Linguists haven't identified the Afrasian or protoAA origin so where exactly in Africa is your source and define African culture?

Professor Bob Brier on 'Black' Egypt -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsS4e5cAL14

Posts: 644 | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacki Lopushonsky
Member # 17745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacki Lopushonsky         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
QUOTE]Originally posted by NonProphet:
quote:

...But to entertain myself, and see you worm out of this, here you go.

-

-

Now what?

Kobe is more prognathist, has heavier brow ridges, fuller lips, more massive jawline(and thus teeth), wider flared nostrils, deep set eyes, bulbous head, greater sloping forehead and smaller fixed lobed ears. Wish he was available to do a DNA test and crainial metrics to further show how dissimilar he is to the AE. [Big Grin]

You also weirdly claimed Jep was Khafra's and/or Khufu's father. [Big Grin]
[/QUOTE]

Photoshopped image Originally posted by Kalonji:

-

Jep, his father was a real ''Caucasian'' too..

His name is Khufu not Jep -

-

The source of your fake image is an Egocentric site -

http://www.kmtspace.com/

who claim the indigenous Amerindians are "African Diaspora", "Proto-Negroids" and "Negroes" with an "Ethiopian physical type". [Big Grin]

"proto-negroid belt : african diaspora in the americas
an untold history of the third branch of African Art of our Time

Old-Mexico"

http://www.kmtspace.com/americas.htm

Posts: 644 | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Hemiunu profile and some relatives:

Authentic Hemiunu relief:
 -

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assume you are talking about face recognition???

http://edoc.unibas.ch/863/1/DissB_8497.pdf

quote:
This coming from applying physical anthropology thusly.

The lesson for today is sellion, orbitale superious,and nasal root.

-

-

quote:
quote:

alTakruri was out to lunch with this comment talking about the below profile view. Khafra's nose is no more flat than the earth.
quote:
quote:

This coming from a ESR mod?? LOL

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:

yep
interjection (2)adjective: 1. Affirmative, yes, to convey agreeance.

I was being sarcastic, or do you want me to provide the definition of sarcastic as well?

quote:
The source of your fake image is an Egocentric site

Is it?

This piece is now on display in the Egyptian Museum, Cairo. [/b]In more recent years, two other likenesses have been tentatively identified as being that of Khufu, based largely on stylistic similarities to the piece discovered by Petrie.[/b] One is a colossal head made of red granite of a king wearing the white crown of Upper Egypt that resides in the Brooklyn Museum, and the other, a fragmentary miniature head made of limestone that also wears the white crown of Upper Egypt, which can be found in the Staatliche Sammlung für Ägyptische Kunst in Munich.

LIMESTONE:

-

-

4th DYNASTY KING THAT RESEMBLES THE IVORY SCULPTURE:

-

Click 4 source

^Are the writers of that site ''Ego centric'' as well?

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Kalonji, you were doing o.k. until you started pulling out the one in a million cases

Is this the below a ''one in a million'' case as well?

According to our own anthropological examination (data not shown), the non-sub-Saharan haplogroups are not carried by “West Eurasian-like” individuals, as might be anticipated, but were rather detected in common “Fulani type” peoples.
-mtDNA of Fulani Nomads and Their Genetic Relationships to Neighboring Sedentary Populations

quote:
and unlike your hobby, this isn't based on art, but on the fact that substantial E and J clades made their way into med Europe by way of demic deffusion. Can you show the same thing in the case of ancient Egypt ie, substantial Eurasian linages in Khafra or/or ancient Egypt?

[Big Grin]

quote:
It's not necessarily based on that they ''look'' like they have foreign ancestry, because you can't always see it, like for example in the case of the racist James Watson and more recently, Hitler.

You need to cut it out, bub..
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
^Bob Brier doesn't know what he is talking about In his TTC lecture, he says the Nubian language ''sounds'' African, to contrast it with the ancient Egyptian language. No linguist would say that, as AE itself is African as well, just like it's culture is.

AE is most closely related to Coptic, Proto-Semitic and Proto-Berber families and all modern day AA speakers sound like their coughing up mucous. This similarity is why Arabic was so easily adopted by the Egyptians as the state language. Nobiin in the Nilo-Saharan family is phonetically unrelated to Afrasian. Linguists haven't identified the Afrasian or protoAA origin so where exactly in Africa is your source and define African culture?

Professor Bob Brier on 'Black' Egypt -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsS4e5cAL14

Where (in what continent) do most scholars place the origin of proto-Afrasan?

quote:
where exactly in Africa is your source and define African culture?

"Populations and cultures now found south of the desert roamed far to the north. The culture of Upper Egypt, which became dynastic Egyptian civilization, could fairly be called a Sudanese transplant."(Egypt and Sub-Saharan Africa: Their Interaction. Encyclopedia of Precolonial Africa, by Joseph O. Vogel, AltaMira Press, Walnut Creek, California (1997), pp. 465-472 )

... there are many aspects of political and ceremonial life in the Predynastic and Old Kingdom that reflects a strong impact from Saharan cattle pastoralists...
-Wendorf and Schild

[Wink]

Jacki Lopushonsky
Member # 17745

quote:
quote:

yep

I was being sarcastic, or do you want me to provide the definition of sarcastic as well?

quote:

Is it?

This piece is now on display in the Egyptian Museum, Cairo. [/b]In more recent years, two other likenesses have been tentatively identified as being that of Khufu, based largely on stylistic similarities to the piece discovered by Petrie.[/b] One is a colossal head made of red granite of a king wearing the white crown of Upper Egypt that resides in the Brooklyn Museum, and the other, a fragmentary miniature head made of limestone that also wears the white crown of Upper Egypt, which can be found in the Staatliche Sammlung für Ägyptische Kunst in Munich.

LIMESTONE:

-

-

-

Click 4 source

Where do most scholars place the origin of proto-Afrasan?

quote: Originally posted by Non-Prophet:
where exactly in Africa is your source and define African culture?

"Populations and cultures now found south of the desert roamed far to the north. The culture of Upper Egypt, which became dynastic Egyptian civilization, could fairly be called a Sudanese transplant."(Egypt and Sub-Saharan Africa: Their Interaction. Encyclopedia of Precolonial Africa, by Joseph O. Vogel, AltaMira Press, Walnut Creek, California (1997), pp. 465-472 )

... there are many aspects of political and ceremonial life in the Predynastic and Old Kingdom that reflects a strong impact from Saharan cattle pastoralists...
-Wendorf and Schild

All speculation and no evidence.

The original seated Khufu statue is in the Cairo Museum. What is the Museum or University reference for the unidentified white crown bust?

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

yep

quote:

Is it?

LIMESTONE:

-

-

-

Click 4 source

Nice!! Kalonji typical of Non Prophet to assume things..

Bust of Khufu..

-

Posts: 8806 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
quote:
[QUOTE]
The original seated Khufu statue is in the Cairo Museum. What is the Museum or University reference for the unidentified white crown bust?

http://www.mysteria3000.de/wp/die-statuen-des-cheops/

-
^^^^^

Der Kopf einer Cheops-Miniatur aus dem Staatlichen Museum Ägyptischer Kunst in München.
The head of a miniature Cheops from the State Museum of Egyptian Art in Munich.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:

Learn to read:

One is a colossal head made of red granite of a king wearing the white crown of Upper Egypt that resides in the Brooklyn Museum,
and the other, a fragmentary miniature head made of limestone that also wears the white crown of Upper Egypt, which can be found in the Staatliche Sammlung für Ägyptische Kunst in Munich.

^ The first sculpture that is mentioned by the quote above is most likely the one that is also attributed to Huni, as it is uninscripted, made of red granite, situated in Brooklyn museum, and it wears a white crown

quote:
All speculation and no evidence

What requirements would be needed to qualify something as credible?

Why are the quotes I mentioned, regarding the indigenous nature of AE culture any different from the quotes you have posted earlier ie, what is missing?

What is the alternative scenario for their culture, if not indigenous and African?

What are examples of non African hallmark cultural objects/practices in ancient Egyptian culture?

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Just call me Jari:
quote:
[QUOTE]

-
^^^^^

Der Kopf einer Cheops-Miniatur aus dem Staatlichen Museum Ägyptischer Kunst in München.

LOL
How did you find the article?
I searched my ass off to find it LOL

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:

Photoshopped image Originally posted by Kalonji:

The source of your fake image is an Egocentric site -

-

LMAO @ his idiotic claims, and his Caucasian Khafra, look at his father!

Jacki Lopushonsky
Member # 17745

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Jacki Lopushonsky         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]

-
^^^^^

LOL
How did you find the article?
I searched my ass off to find it LOL

Jari LIAR & Associates posts a website - National Alternative Archaeology and interdisciplinary in focus by Mysteria3000.de AHAHAHAHAAHA, WACKO SITE THAT BELIEVES ALIENS BUILT THE PYRAMIDS
AAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is the official Museum website that I have visited 4 times and that bust is not there -
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aegyptisches-museum-muenchen.de%2F

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
^there is no squirming out of this

Most likenesses of Khufu are lost to history. Only one miniature statuette has been fully attributed to this pharaoh. Since he is credited with building the single largest building of ancient times, it is ironic that the only positively identified royal sculpture of his is also the smallest that has ever been found: a 7.6cm (3 inch) ivory statue that bears his name. It was discovered not at Giza, but in a temple in Abydos during an excavation by William Matthew Flinders Petrie in 1903. Originally this piece was found without the head, but bearing the pharaoh's name. Realizing the importance of this discovery, Petrie halted all further excavation on the site until the head was found three weeks later after an intensive sieving of the sand from the area where the base had been discovered. This piece is now on display in the Egyptian Museum, Cairo. In more recent years two other likenesses have been tentatively identified as being that of Khufu, based largely on stylistic similarities to the piece discovered by Petrie. One is a colossal head made of red granite of a king wearing the white crown of Upper Egypt that resides in the Brooklyn Museum, and the other a fragmentary miniature head made of limestone that also wears the white crown of Upper Egypt, which can be found in the Staatliche Sammlung für Ägyptische Kunst in Munich.

Multiple websites mention that there are other 4th dynasty busts attributed to Khufu, both wear white crowns, one is made of red granite, and the other is made of limestone. The former is situated in the Brooklyn museam, the other is situated in the Munich state museum according to these sources.

Of course you're not going to find their entire art collection online, if they did that, they wouldn't need a museum.

You can keep Ad hominemming your way out of it by rediculing the unrelated content of these websites, but the fact remains they all say the same thing: there are more statues attributed to Khufu, for good reasons, and one lies in Munich state museum.

Furthermore, it should be noted that the phenotype portrayed on the Khufu bust, as opposed to the phenotypes that are more compatible with the likes of king Tut, are by no means rare in ancient Egypt:

"Analyses of Egyptian crania are numerous. Vercoutter (1978) notes that ancient Egyptian crania have frequently all been lumped (implicitly or explicitly) as Mediterranean, although Negroid remains are recorded in substantial numbers by many workers...

Let the ad hominems toward Vercoutter begin!

Jacki Lopushonsky
Member # 17745

The Mysteria nutbags also label Huni as Khufu or Cheops. LOL

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

-

"Conversely, they conclude, the Pharaoh(Khufu) was not attributable to the construction of this wonder of the world. Alternatively, why sunken civilizations or aliens, etc. consulted."

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mysteria3000.de%2Fwp%2Fdie-statuen-des-cheops%2F

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
The Mysteria nutbags also label Huni as Khufu or Cheops. LOL

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

The red granite head that lies in the Brooklyn museum is not positively identified as Huni, and many other knowledgable people think it might be a portrayal of Khufu.

There's the big head of a king in white crown (granite, Brooklyn Mus.) possibly representing Huni or Khufu and the so called "Chicago scribe"(granite) the older example of this particular posture.

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/francescoraf/hesyra/hezy2en.html

A much larger granite head has also been found that some believe may be part of a statue of Khufu. The dates are right (end of Dynasty III, beginning of Dynasty IV) and the narrow eyes, broad nose and mouth seem to resemble the tiny ivory statue known to be Khufu. However, there are no identifying marks on the head to confirm the identification. It may belong to Huni the last king of Dynasty III.

http://www.phouka.com/pharaoh/pharaoh/dynasties/dyn04/02khufu.html

JUST ANOTHER MISTAKE OF SOMEONE WHO CAN'T STAND AFRICAN FEATURES ON ANCIENT EGYPTIANS ART.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Derkyperky:
Khafra:

-

-

-

-

[Roll Eyes]

Jacki Lopushonsky
Member # 17745

^^^
Sure Liars everything in Egyptology is a conspiracy to you people. All the noses were broken off by white devils too.

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
^ hehehe

you have no comeback do you?

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
Sure Liars everything in Egyptology is a conspiracy to you people. All the noses were broken off by white devils too.

^Yeah yeah

You are wrong, and you're not man enough to admit it, but you don't have to, it's pretty obvious.

Now that you have wormed yourself out of the Khufu loss by ad hominemming, you may answer these questions.

quote:
All speculation and no evidence

What requirements would be needed to qualify something as credible?

Why are the quotes I mentioned, regarding the indigenous nature of AE culture any different from the quotes you have posted earlier ie, what is missing?

What is the alternative scenario for their culture, if not indigenous and African?

What are examples of non African hallmark cultural objects/practices in ancient Egyptian culture?

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]

-
^^^^^

Sorry but this is an appeal to Authority Fallacy..

The Site's beliefs in no way conflict with the fact that the reference to the Bust is in the German Collection.

Also not that other busts are presented from other colloections around the world.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Of course you're not going to find their entire art collection online, if they did that, they wouldn't need a museum.

LOL, The guy lost when he claimed the bust was Photoshopped and Fake then when proved that an Egyptology site mentioned the Bust in the German Collection she resorted to "Show Me it In the Collection" as if we work there LOL. The same can be said with all artworks.

Also notice she demands evidence but has YET to provide one scholarly quote on a Green Eyed Spinx..

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Hemiunu profile and some relatives:

Authentic Hemiunu relief:
 -

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
indeed. His nose may be flat.

-

Jacki Lopushonsky
Member # 17745

Kalonji

Name the Egyptologists who claim this black pencil necked photoshopped "Jep" is the father of any AE King.

-

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Notice the dark skin tone. Man these Euronuts are getting a beating. The INTERNET and technology has leveled the playing. The no longer have full control of hwta we say and hear.

There goes their lies and deception. Out the window.

-
Description
Khafre was the son of Khufu, builder of the Great Pyramid. He built his own pyramid, the Second Pyramid, at Giza just to the south of his father's. Khafre's pyramid complex included a mortuary temple on the east side of the pyramid and a valley temple of monolithic granite blocks connected by a long causeway. To the northwest of the valley temple he constructed the Sphinx and its temple. Many magnificent statues of the king were recovered from the valley temple. This fragment was said to have been found at Giza and its similarity to the faces of the statues from the Khafre valley temple and the traces of a royal beard on the chin identify it as a portrait of Khafre. It displays—even at a small scale—the subtle and very sensitive modeling and finely finished surfaces of these masterpieces of Old Kingdom royal sculpture

osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Kalonji

Name the Egyptologists who claim this black pencil necked photoshopped "Jep" is the father of any AE King.

-

I am still waiting for you to explain why Haratins of North African have a closer ABO blood type to AE than modern day Egyptians? Shouldn't the blood types of Egyptians have stayed constant? The only reason for it not to have stayed constant would be due to genetic changes introduced by migratory events. Again, it would seem that Haratins are a better model for AE than modern Egyptians.

-

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacki Lopushonsky
Member # 17745

quote:
Originally posted by osirion:
quote:
Kalonji

-

I am still waiting for you to explain why Haratins of North African have a closer ABO blood type to AE than modern day Egyptians? Shouldn't the blood types of Egyptians have stayed constant? The only reason for it not to have stayed constant would be due to genetic changes introduced by migratory events. Again, it would seem that Haratins are a better model for AE than modern Egyptians.

-

When you can show the archeological evidence of the Haratin migration from Egypt to the NW of Africa and their genotypes to compare with modern and AE then we can talk. This is the second time I have to explain to you Blood types can be shared by unrelated people and are not equivalent to DNA evidence. What online peer-reviewed sources can we find modern DNA studies for the Haratins?
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com