EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Despirate need of a friend (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Despirate need of a friend
hmozachsown
Member # 14872

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hmozachsown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this is probably the stupidest thing I have ever done... but I am really between a rock and a hard place... I am emotionally down and out and in sincere need of a friend. Gals I mean. I've been here for 5 months now and I am having a rough time. I hit a brick wall so to speak... and anyway...if there is anyone free, anyone who could do with a cup of coffee or something... please will you let me know... sooner the better...
Posts: 172 | From: Cairo/Ismailia | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hmozachsown
Member # 14872

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hmozachsown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With all due respect... I am a girl. Perhaps the first post didnt come across the right way, so let us try this again...
Good morning I am a girl who has moved to egypt 5 months ago, yes for the love of a gentleman. I have not managed to make any friends yet as he has been uncomfortable with me going out alone, I am having a very rough time of it the last few days and am in despirate need of a friend (girl of course seeing as I AM a girl). I am emotionally raw and despirately need someone to talk to. So if anyone is free and wouldnt mind company, would you please let me know?
Hopefully that clarified any misunderstandings about my gender or my intentions.

Posts: 172 | From: Cairo/Ismailia | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be your friend. I'm not there in Cairo, but seriously.. there are a gand of women on ES who are in Cairo.. and a healthy ex-pat community. You aren't alone, and you are certainly allowed to go outside alone. You did that before you moved there and nothing bad happened. It isn't the 1800's and seriously don't think that by acting submissive you are conforming to his social mores. Sign up for a class at the university, and GO TO IT. If its a problem of finances, go to the Embassy and ask if there are grants you can apply to pay for it, or put a sign out as an English tutor for young girls. Don't get stuck in your own head. Being a good wife doesn't mean being alone.
Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sara_uk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well said cosmogirl
Posts: 816 | From: london | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi i am tina and i am also not in cairo but if u need to talk i am here too...

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I AM HERE FOR YOU TOO [Smile]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dolphin redsea:
I AM HERE FOR YOU TOO [Smile]

sweety yr there foreveryone...sometimes dont u feel like u take on too much and u need us to be there for u?????well u know i am if ya need me leave me a message i will so call u and talk when u need it..

on a side note where is tonya havent heard from her in a while???

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I HAVENT TALKED TO HER , AND NEVER DID, BUT THANKS FOR BEING THERE, I TRULY NEED A FRIEND TODAY ALSO, MY HUSBAND ISNT HERE YET
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
awww sweety y is he so late????kick him into gear and tell him u need him home...chat in yahoo...

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, why is he late, Micky?? Did he miss his plane???
Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
he confirmed his flight wed and havent heard anything yet [Frown]
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
well alot of flights are cancelled cas of the weather he could be stranded somewhere with no money.. be patient and he will get home soon sweety.. DON'T WORRY YR HEART OUT... HE IS FINE I AM SURE...

--------------------

Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dudes are yal deef? what's with all the SHOUTING!!!!! [Big Grin] [Wink]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kalila*:

HEY KAL!! WHAT'S UP??!!!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HEY VANILLA!!
Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:

i am expressing my feelings.......i tend to get a little loud sometimes..

EXCUSE ME....hehehe

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:
HEY VANILLA!!

HI DG!! HOW YA DOIN?!?!?! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Cool]
Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
STOP SHOUTIN!!!!
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14517

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:
quote:

HEY KAL!! WHAT'S UP??!!!

[Big Grin]

[Eek!] KAL is a boys name i'm a girly [Wink]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:
quote:

HEY KAL!! WHAT'S UP??!!!

[Big Grin]

dude , how are ya, need to talk soon [Wink]
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hmozachsown:
With all due respect... I am a girl. Perhaps the first post didnt come across the right way, so let us try this again...
Good morning I am a girl who has moved to egypt 5 months ago, yes for the love of a gentleman. I have not managed to make any friends yet as he has been uncomfortable with me going out alone, I am having a very rough time of it the last few days and am in despirate need of a friend (girl of course seeing as I AM a girl). I am emotionally raw and despirately need someone to talk to. So if anyone is free and wouldnt mind company, would you please let me know?
Hopefully that clarified any misunderstandings about my gender or my intentions.

Whats the problem in you going out alone, Cairo is a very safe city. What is his motive? if its just protectivness then get him to show you around some suitable places, how to use public transport, how to be safe in a taxi..... and then go by yourself the next time. You can always stay in mobile phone contact. If your husband really cares about you then he will teach you how to be out and about in the city safely. Make sure he also teaches you all the basic arabic phrases you need and how to politely tell some one to leave you alone just in case you do get harrassed.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Hey Micky [Smile] Is Sabry still AWOL?

--------------------

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
yessssssssssssss [Frown]
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
quote:
Originally posted by hmozachsown:

Whats the problem in you going out alone, Cairo is a very safe city. What is his motive? if its just protectivness then get him to show you around some suitable places, how to use public transport, how to be safe in a taxi..... and then go by yourself the next time. You can always stay in mobile phone contact. If your husband really cares about you then he will teach you how to be out and about in the city safely. Make sure he also teaches you all the basic arabic phrases you need and how to politely tell some one to leave you alone just in case you do get harrassed.
i would not go alone too.. new place new peole... never.. i would be so scared to get lost and besides its always better to find a friend to experience all that newness with...
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stout walking shoes, a couple of decent maps, a bottle of water and a few LE is all you need to discover most of central Cairo! A lot of it is walkable (albeit sometimes a long walk!). Walk with a confident air like you know where you're going (but don't turn the map upside down and march for 2 hours in the wrong direction.... ask me how I know [Roll Eyes] )

Ignore everyone who puts you off using the metro or buses and microbuses - really they are absolutely FINE especially the metro. For the buses, it takes a while to learn a couple of routes you need regularly, but its worth persisting. And you don't get ripped off the way taxis do. Most of the people who say you cant or mustnt haven't actually used them. And as for being safer in a taxi - try telling that to at least 2 of the forum members here who have both suffered at the hands of taxi drivers but haven't put their stories in public.

The metro is relatively clean, quick and fast - the ticket system is very like the one on the London Underground (but not the Oysters of course!) and its 1LE to go as far as you like - only 2 interchanges stations and only 2 lines so very simple to navigate.

As long as you dress reasonably modestly, the most stares you will get will be from women in the women's cars (middle 2 of the metro - which by the way you are NOT obliged to use - you can get in any one - men are supposed to stay out of the them during day time though). (If you go in the ladies loo to comb your hair you might get some old biddy standing there looking at you going 'helwa helwa' (happens to me quite a lot!) - nothing to do with the metro just that the women are the ones who stare not the men!)

It can be a bit of a squash sometimes on the buses so microbuses are a bit better as you have an actual seat.

Ask your husband to show you a couple of microbus signs to get you to and from your home to the relevant places eg Ramses/ Tahrir for the centre, or to your local metro station.

Put your foot down, he chose to marry a westerner so he should expect that you want some independence.

Why on this forum is it ALWAYS expected that the foreigner woman will give up everything for the guy? LIke she hasn't give up loads of to come here?

Really I am horrified that independent, educated women come to this country and PROUDLY allow their husbands to control-freak them. 'oh my boyfriend/husband won't let me this and that' for heaven's sake it makes me MAD. [Mad]

If you get totally lost keep 100LE on you (but in smaller notes!) and your address in Arabic so you can get a taxi home. (Get the driver to speak to your husband on the phone to tell him where to take you). You can get home from anywhere for less than 100LE even if you're foreign.

PS learn the arabic alphabet asap so you can read signs and things. Most of the street signs are in both arabic and english, but some aren't. Also it just helps you sometimes to know if a particular bunch of squiggles says 'Ramses' or something.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Where was he flying to Micky, a friend of mine flying from London to Chicago ws diverted to Washington yesterday. The Chicago plane was cancelled. United Airlines.

Not sure what the reasons were, maybe some problem with planes in the wrong places?

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
he was flying to Philly, pa , USA on delta from Cairo
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Qadeama:
Stout walking shoes, a couple of decent maps, a bottle of water and a few LE is all you need to discover most of central Cairo! A lot of it is walkable (albeit sometimes a long walk!). Walk with a confident air like you know where you're going (but don't turn the map upside down and march for 2 hours in the wrong direction.... ask me how I know [Roll Eyes] )

How do you know Shanta? [Big Grin]
Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Qadeama:

Put your foot down, he chose to marry a westerner so he should expect that you want some independence.

Why on this forum is it ALWAYS expected that the foreigner woman will give up everything for the guy? LIke she hasn't give up loads of to come here?

Really I am horrified that independent, educated women come to this country and PROUDLY allow their husbands to control-freak them. 'oh my boyfriend/husband won't let me this and that' for heaven's sake it makes me MAD. [Mad]

LOL dont worry Shanta not all Egyptian men are like that, some even let their Egyptian wives go out shopping, take the kids to shool, work etc etc [Big Grin]
Its the 21st century, if your husband doesn't help you to adjust and learn how to stand on your own 2 feet then basically you can be sure you have married a Neanderthal man and the novelty of that will wear off dam quick when you end up feeling like a caged animal. I agee its nice to do it with friends but that's not always possible so you have to get on and do it for yourself. The sense of achievement is wonderful and I don't believe you can possibly feel at home in the country unless you are able to do things for yourself.
Egyptian men usually work very long hours, your happiness IS their responsibility especially when you have moved from your country. The least any decent man will do is make sure his wife can cope to build a life of her own.

Now as for the map.....LOL Shanta so glad to hear you are like the rest of us mere mortal women. I always seem to find the best places and nicest people when I get lost so have given up on the stress of a map unless I really need to get to a specific place.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hmozachsown
Member # 14872

Rate Member
Thanks for all of the support to all. I am sorry that I disappeared. Long story short. I owe an appology first and foremost to my fiance and his family for bringing any personal problems into the open. It was wrong of me and I sincerely appologise for this.
Secondly, for the record, any issues that there are are either directly caused or exascerbated by my own self. So for this too I appologise.
Lastly, to prevent this from happening in the future and preempt any continuing problems I am going to say bye to this forum. Not due to anything anyone said or did. I love you all and am so grateful to have been able to come and read the threads and post when I needed over the last almost 3 years. (I was under another name previously) ... but the most right thing is for me to learn to handle family problems within the family. So again, thank you all, and know you will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
huh? [Confused]

That's an odd post hmozachsown. I saw no personal problems brought into the open, just a request for company.

It makes me have concerns for you. [Frown]

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sara_uk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
agreed of_gold [Confused]
Posts: 816 | From: london | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14517

Rate Member

cloudberry
Member # 11163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cloudberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can understand that you don't want to tell family things in public, ok, but it still doesn't make it go away, that you would need friends here in Cairo. Only a few people can live without contacts to other people.
Posts: 758 | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey hmozacsown. I understand. It was nice to talk with you yesterday and I hope you will be in touch again if you do need a friend again. You know where I am. [Smile]

I also understand why you are leaving ES... I hope you pop by now and then though to PM me to say hi.

Take care and just remember that you really are not alone as I will always be around [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:

still no word on my hubby and suggestions will be welcomed , should i call the embassy?
of_gold
Member # 13418

Call the airline Mickey.

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i did and they cant tell me anything, it a privacy act BS, his family hasn't heard anything either
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

still no word on my hubby and suggestions will be welcomed , should i call the embassy?
STRANGE [Confused]

Call his family members! I am sure someone on here will be able to help you with the language barrier!!

Oh I just saw you already replied, Mickey. Look call them back and ask them when they have seen S. for the last time and when he supposed to have boarded the plane. Has he been staying with a friend or was he planning to visit someone before he was scheduled to leave Egypt?

Did he reply to any e-mails?? It's really strange because he must understand how worried you are if you don't hear from him.

I don't want to jump to quick conclusions here but something is fishy in the land of Egypt.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i called everyone and no one has seen him since wed. i am so worried and his family is too
i got this letter from some ass today don't know him , i dont know how he even got my hotmail he is from turkey and wrote this to me

hi micky i see ur camelfucker sent messages to other women ad he gave his fucking cell phone number to her hahah i told u u will sufferr asshole he will divorce u soon he just used u to enter usa u r stupid how much did u spend for this ungrateful camelfucker arab i know u r angry at me but when the time come u will understand me better bye

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh delete this crap immediately, you know there are enough mean @ssholes out in this world!!

Gosh I hope he's contacting you within the next few hours or at least tomorrow because this is just a horrible situation not to know what's up. What about if he was involved in an accident? Or perhaps he was arrested in one of the anti-Gaza demonstrations. You can only imagine what's going on there right now.

I mean when did he leave to Cairo? Six weeks ago or so?? You've been waiting so long for him now to come back. It's time, S., it's time to come back to Michelle.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont wanna sound harsh,but seems he´s not interested in coming back,Micky. [Frown]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
I dont wanna sound harsh,but seems he´s not interested in coming back,Micky. [Frown]

that was what i wanted to hear right now, thanks for your concern
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Micky,

surely the airline can tell you whether he boarded in Cairo or not. [Confused]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

quote:
i did and they cant tell me anything, it a privacy act BS, his family hasn't heard anything either

Privacy act BS? Your his wife! People call all the time to check on flights. You must of gotten hold of someone not wanting to be helpful. I think try again. Flights just don't end up missing, someone has to know what happen.
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i tried 3 times and no one will tell you, they told me contact the police and get a court order to have them make the airlines tell me. wtf?i told them i was his wife and they said they cant do anything
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG i really did think as his 'next of kin' you would have the right to know if he had boarded! Sorry micky, i think i would just keep contacting his family - maybe they could try the airport in Cairo?

Hope things go well micky

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang on Micky,

are you saying he didn't leave on the flight out of Philly in the first place?
Had the reservation and went to the airport but didn't board the flight??

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Micky, let somebody else call his mobile for you, preferably a number that is not in his list.

Maybe a number of Egypt.

What does your heart tell you, Micky?? Is he still in Egypt?? or did he already set foot on American ground again?? Trust your intuition.
Can you read his sent/ received mails??

Like happybunny said: Hope all goes well.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i don't know anything sent him emails and text and they weren't delivered, dont know any other numbers that could call him from Egypt
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com