EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Despirate need of a friend (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Despirate need of a friend
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like there is not alot you can do at the moment micky but wait and i realise waiting is hard. I would give it another 24 hours and then contact the police and get the court order. [Frown]

Get a family member in cairo to contact the airport.
Take care

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you all for you suggestions
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Micky, about the message you received...
It has to do with Live Messenger. Everybody in your contact list (including me [Wink] )can 'see' things [Frown] [Frown] .
example: Micky added Taxi driver to her favourite movies.
Try to delete your message to Sabri.
Otherwise more lunatics will comment on it.

Hang on, girl. (huggg)

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am trying called immigration
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korvin's
Member # 14099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korvin's     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friendship is so precious indeed ...
Posts: 890 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dolphin redsea:
i called everyone and no one has seen him since wed. i am so worried and his family is too
i got this letter from some ass today don't know him , i dont know how he even got my hotmail he is from turkey and wrote this to me

hi micky i see ur camelfucker sent messages to other women ad he gave his fucking cell phone number to her hahah i told u u will sufferr asshole he will divorce u soon he just used u to enter usa u r stupid how much did u spend for this ungrateful camelfucker arab i know u r angry at me but when the time come u will understand me better bye

Mickey it may be your only lead, try writing a polite reply saying you are very worried about your husband and would be grateful for any information to get in contact with him. Don't take the email to heart, It must be very worrying but just keep all options open. Do you have a friend in Egypt outside of the family that can try and get some information for you?

Anyone here know if there is any way at the airport to check via passport contol if he left Egypt?

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for south_london_male   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dolphin: Check with his family ,, if any one of them went with him to the airport or not ,, did they see him going inside the airport? he might have been stopped in the Airport for any reason as Immigration ,,etc ( despite in this case he would call his family / you to inform ) also if they are really worried then they should have acted ,, so ask them what sort of action they took so far (unless they know something and they do not want to tell you ) also they can contact the airline in Egypt and ask them if he left the country or not ,,, they do not need to have court order for that in Egypt.. good luck..
Posts: 1373 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xxx
Member # 8622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xxx         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get an Egyptian man or woman to call his family. It will, immediately, be very clear if they know something they're not telling you.

At the matter of fact, here is a hint; stop calling them for a day. If they don't call you, they know everything. They should be calling you every 15 minutes asking about him and asking you what you've done to find him.

Posts: 132 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i finally contacted my BIL he said he will get on the plane on the 22nd, he missed his flight again [Frown]
south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for south_london_male   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he missed his flight then his brother should have knew about that at once!!! is not it? but you said you contacted them many times before and they did not know anything!!! also if he missed his flight then he should have contacted you by himself ,, he should know that you were waiting for him,, well I hope he is ok as that sound very very strange and hard to believe
Posts: 1373 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
India
Member # 16104

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for India     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dolphin, I am very glad that he has turned up safe as I can only imagine how painful this whole experience has been for you but I have to agree with South London Male. [Frown]
Posts: 132 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long is it since mother died? Maybe he feels the need or is being pressured to stay for the 40-day mourning period?
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
Shanta ,, I think Dolphin said that he missed his flight again!!! the strange thing he did not care to contact her to tel her ,, also he does not return her calls back!!! and by the way people hardly stay in Egypt for 40 days to mourn some one death ,, and these days even most of the people in Egypt say it is not islamic thing ( if he was muslim at all) the 40 days is pharos thing rather than religious thing
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dudes pls stop surmissing (SP) it's not fair and it's not nice pls have some respect it is not our business micky will tell us if she wishes us to know.
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kleobatra
Member # 14882

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kleobatra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It’s been a long time since I’ve visited this forum. Just out of curiosity I did this evening. Funny how the same people still show up.
Mickey, I recall you as a nice and friendly lady who waited 2 and half years for her husband to join her in the US. And now he has disappeared into thin air… and his family didn’t contact you? I don’t know how you two have met and I don’t know how well you know his family, but I sincerely hope for you didn’t fall for one of those visa hunting conmen.
I understand your husband lost his mother recently? Maybe it’s a bit of a consolation for you, but people who have lost a loved one, act a bit “out of the world” the first few weeks. (At least I did, when it happened to me.) Maybe you husband finds it hard to leave his siblings to go to the other side of the world, maybe his siblings find it hard to let him go…
I hope things will turn out fine for the both of you.

Posts: 119 | From: Where ever I lay my head... | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Kleobatra thank you for your words. i know it is very hard for him right now and i will be patient, i know he loves me and will come when the time is right, i was told he will be on the plane the 22nd of this month
Kleobatra
Member # 14882

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kleobatra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think so too. What would someone possibly have to gain by keeping somebody else’s life on hold for so long and than disappear after a few months?
Excuse me for my spelling. It’s getting late up here in Europe.

Posts: 119 | From: Where ever I lay my head... | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i appreciate your kindness, and thank you for your sweet words and spelling [Big Grin] NP
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no matter how long it takes yr man to get home we are here for u sweety... stay calm and pray he stays safe...

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Korvin's:
Friendship is so precious indeed ...

it sure is korvin [Smile]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i finally contacted my BIL he said he will get on the plane on the 22nd, he missed his flight again [Frown]

And he hasn't the guts to tell you, his own wife?? He keeps you worried and in the dark like that???? [Confused] [Confused]

My husband would never do something like that. He flew back to the US to attend the funeral of his mom who passed away too quickly several years ago. He called me numerous times every day to give me an update and make sure we are okay back home. Infact he couldn't wait to come back after a week (well he had also to continue his work). He didn't cry in the US - he cried back home after several days and hard. I think he was in some state of shock and it took him some time to realize what happened. He regrets up until today that she never met me in person and our two children back then. I feel the same way. I just knew her over the phone and we had many funny conversations together. She was a good lady, too bad she's already gone. [Frown]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i think he is going thru that too tiger, and has no money to call me.i am not trying to make excuses for him, but i know him very well
Tibe-at-work
Member # 14907

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe-at-work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Micky are y sure he was happy in the US??? I dont mean with you but with the way of living, life style, friendships, work, activities ect. ????
Posts: 281 | From: Denmark | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
he loves it! we were even talking about staying here for 3 years to save money to come back, he knows i want to live in Egypt someday
Korvin's
Member # 14099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korvin's     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good question, Tibe.
Posts: 890 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
good answer mick [Eek!]
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Micky, I'm sorry but it's just disgraceful the way you're making excuses for an adult - I would be aghast if this was a casual friend who allowed you to worry like this, but your partner in life?!

Shame on him for treating you this way and shame on you for accepting this behavior as a form of love.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must admit i agree with you ExptinCAI.

Surely his family must have known he missed his flight [Confused] [Confused]

5 days is a long time Mickey [Frown] to let you worry about him without trying to get word back to you even with little money he could have e-mailed you. I am not trying to be mean to you or anything but i would have questions to ask if my husband did that to me.

Take care

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
Micky it is not my business but I was really surprised when you said earlier:(i called everyone and no one has seen him since wed. i am so worried and his family is too) then you came back and said:
(i finally contacted my BIL he said he will get on the plane on the 22nd, he missed his flight again) those two statements are not working with each other ,, if every one in his family did know any thing about him ,, and if they were worried then where did he go when he missed the flight? did not he care to inform them as he did not care to inform you!!! and they were so worried what sort of actiions they told you they took? well when I fly showmehere and my flight is late .. the first thing I do is to contact those who are waiting for me at the airport , the country I am going to ..etc even I contact the cab driver ( despiote his agency would find that out with the need of my contact ) I should respect those who are waiting for my arrival in the destination.. and should respect those in the departure point who are waiting to hear that I have arrived safly... Ibut waiting for 4 days ( Wednesday to Sunday ) is outstanding ,, and no matter what sort of family loss any one has could preven him from caring about the alive ones who are waiting for him or his news... I hope I am wrong about him at the end.. which I find it hard any way.. good luck

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i understand all your concerns and i will not post here anymore, i knew i shouldnt have from the beginning but i needed some advice, and got some good advice. to set the story straight NO ONE heard from him until yesterday , he wanted to be left alone, and i respect that, he will be coming on the 22nd.
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
Micky, I'm sorry but it's just disgraceful the way you're making excuses for an adult - I would be aghast if this was a casual friend who allowed you to worry like this, but your partner in life?!

Shame on him for treating you this way and shame on you for accepting this behavior as a form of love.

Shame on you for judging this situation without even thinking you are dealing with real people with real feelings expat.

Really what is wrong with you people , the man's mother died!! My brother acted the same way when our mother died and he then proceeded to spend the next year in a total emotional upheaval-he shut out his wife and his sisters. A son's relationship with his mother is a bond that is very deep. Maybe he felt guilty because he left and lost this last bit of time with his mother.

My point is I can see if it was anyone else and he was shutting out his wife but were talking about the loss of his mom. Until you lose your mother you really cannot understand how you will act during your sorrow so I would just stop making micky feel worse and just be supportive of her for Gods Sake!!!!

You are all just ready to jump on the He-just-used-her-for-a-visa-bandwagon and the poor guy is devestated by the loss of his MOTHER. Until you are all in this situation then you shouldnt judge you should just be supportive. Even if it was a bad situation you should all just be a little bit more sensitive and understand you are dealing with real life and real love !!

Micky, dont post these things anymore, you have real friends from ES and at home-speak with them privately sweetheart because they really care about you and will be much more supportive. Take care and message me if you need to talk [Smile]

Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rumicrazieluv:
Until you lose your mother you really cannot understand how you will act during your sorrow so I would just stop making micky feel worse and just be supportive of her for Gods Sake!!!!

Agree!!

Hugs Micky

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:

Shame on you for judging this situation without even thinking you are dealing with real people with real feelings expat.

Really what is wrong with you people , the man's mother died!! My brother acted the same way when our mother died and he then proceeded to spend the next year in a total emotional upheaval-he shut out his wife and his sisters. A son's relationship with his mother is a bond that is very deep. Maybe he felt guilty because he left and lost this last bit of time with his mother.

My point is I can see if it was anyone else and he was shutting out his wife but were talking about the loss of his mom. Until you lose your mother you really cannot understand how you will act during your sorrow so I would just stop making micky feel worse and just be supportive of her for Gods Sake!!!!

You are all just ready to jump on the He-just-used-her-for-a-visa-bandwagon and the poor guy is devestated by the loss of his MOTHER. Until you are all in this situation then you shouldnt judge you should just be supportive. Even if it was a bad situation you should all just be a little bit more sensitive and understand you are dealing with real life and real love !!

Micky, dont post these things anymore, you have real friends from ES and at home-speak with them privately sweetheart because they really care about you and will be much more supportive. Take care and message me if you need to talk [Smile]

What world are you living in? Obviously it's the same warped one as your friend and you've both gotten to the point where you find this acceptable behavior from mature adults.

Awful things happen to people we love all the time, and everyone grieves differently....but that is no excuse for causing unnecessary hardship. What sort of an ADULT does something so selfish as to worry his entire family on two continents at traumatic time (for all of the family)?! All he had to do is let people know he needed a bit of alone time without vanishing off the face of the planet.

In the world I live in, police in both countries, the airlines, the embassies, his entire family...all would've been on a major man-hunt for him and I would've been on a flight to Cairo myself.

It's got nothing to do with using her for a visa (why did you even bring it up?) and everything to do with being an adult and causing your wife extreme and unnecessary pain and worry.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

I also didn't mention visa or anything like that. I just think if he wanted to be left alone he could have should of let someone know - that's all.

Take care Mickey.

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
everyone is different when they grieve.. maybe he didnt feel like contacting noone.. so when he gets home yall will feel like aholes for even suggesting he used her...now ha for u people would it kill yall to give this man the benifit of the doubt???micky is our friend she shared somethin with us and u fookers jumped on her like a dog.. reminds me how and y i only have 2 or 3 friends...with friends like that who needs enemies??
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Who's that aimed at tina? I haven't seen anyone saying that he used her or anything like that (apart from the nasty e-mail she got from outside ES)

quote "u fookers jumped on her like a dog

People are pointing out that it was wrong to worry her (and his family). HER, tina, most people were concerned for HER, not attacking her.

Anyway sorry Mickey glad things turned out for you. [Wink]

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
sorry my bad i guess i read wrong... i just didnt think it wasnt right for anyone to down her or belittle her for somethin that hasnt happened...i know he will be home when he is ready.. god he just lost him mama i dont even want to emagine how that feels.. i would go insane without my mom...

sorry if i took all that outa contact but when i read it it just sounded like that...

Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is it so ironic that a thread that is named 'desperate need of a friend' again turns into a bun fight!!! [Roll Eyes]

*nothing ever changes on ES*

Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
don't worry habeeby, i know they are just trying to help. i forgive the nasty ones , but really no one has been nasty so i thank all of you for you opinions [Smile]
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still 2 days and he's home again. [Smile]
All the best.

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
ty DG trying not to think so much about it.working my buns off to keep busy [Big Grin]
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
yes, that's the best you can do... Work, work, work, ... and talk, talk, talk to friends [Razz] . That's what I do when I want time to pass quickly.
Btw, I loved the jokes 'and then the fight started' [Big Grin] , I even told them in class.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
my favorite was:
My wife sat down on the couch next to me as I was flipping channels. She asked, "What's on TV?"

I said, "Dust"

And then the fight started.

cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We all need a good laugh . . . even when things are going well!

Laughter is the best medecine . . . I hope I can keep taking it, lol!

--------------------
I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . .

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by cbrbddd:

you will [Wink]

then the fight started [Razz]

unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unfinished thought.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.
Posts: 3773 | From: unfinished thought | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by finished:
Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

with a friend like u who needs enemies??

now to no one here its just a quote

cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cbrbddd:

you will [Wink]

then the fight started [Razz]

[Big Grin]

No fighting here!

Obama, Obama, Obama!!

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
he who cast the first stone...

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Culture Club
Member # 13767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Culture Club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I do agree with Rumi, my man's sick mom already died some days ago. Until know my loved one is still vvvvvvv sad, he doesnt want to talk, he doesnt want to eat, even he cannot think about his works. This morning, he told me he missed his mother vvvvvvvv much. I tried many times to make him smile or ease his pain, but it didn't work.

At the time his mom still could talk, she asked him not to go away from Egypt for long travel (such as to my country)after she died, and he promised her that. You know what I mean??...He will not come or go with me to my country for whatever reasons.

How if I visit my family to my country someday, and suddenly I am in emergency case, do you think he will not see me forever cause of his damned promise? will he let me alone? (I think I will make a plan someday and I want to know if he can break his promise for me--alive person).

He asked me many times to pray for her mother before she died, to ask Allah for good health. But ... he made that promise. His mom took his promise to her graveyard. I really feel hurt...

Just now he told me that he also want to die... I feel I am nothing beside him, I am really nobody for him, I'm not so important person for his life...

I really feel hurt... Im really sad... he and his mom hurt me... and I cannot understand that.

I need words from you all.

Posts: 756 | From: ...be solution... | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com