EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Ghana And the dangerous skin-bleaching craze (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Ghana And the dangerous skin-bleaching craze
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dying to be White

They call it “Fanta Face, Coca-Cola Body,” referring to the light-skinned faces and dark-skinned bodies of men and women who routinely strip away the melanin from their skins in order to be white. It’s the symptom that most betray a skin-bleaching indulgence. While some bleachers are fair-skinned on their face—the most visible part of their body—the rest of their physique remains as dark as God intended, either because they don’t bother to lighten the parts that others won’t see or they simply don’t care to. Some have rough black-and-blue scars left by the harsh products they use and reek of a nauseating smell. Many engage in lengthy daily rituals to ensure that they achieve what they consider to be a perfect shade of black. Others take even more drastic action. They seem unaware or unafraid of the dangers associated with the sustained use of this practice.

In 2001, when it was confirmed that two women who died from cancer had acquired the disease as a direct result of sustained skin bleaching, the authorities knew that the time had come to do something about the practice that has reached epidemic proportions.

At the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital in the capital Accra, doctors proved what had been feared for a long time; skin bleaching causes skin cancer. Over a number of years, continuous stripping away of the melanin in the skin leaves it more open to cancer. Whereas traditionally black people haven’t been vulnerable to skin cancer, Albinos, whose lack of melanin is responsible for their pale colouring, have. When the melanin is removed, naturally black skin becomes similar to that of an Albino and is, therefore, more susceptible to disease.

“The most serious thing, which I predicted over 30 years ago, is that bleaching can cause death,” states Dr. Edmund Delle, a dermatologist and founder of Rabito Skin Clinics in Ghana. “I was the first dermatologist in the world to associate the two and now, after all these years, we’ve discovered cases of cancer due to bleaching. We know that melanin has protective roles in the skin, and we’ve realized that because of this protection, black people hardly get skin cancer.”

Bleaching in some parts of Africa is nothing less than a way of life. Women are known to have strict regimes where they take anything up to half an hour in the morning and evening smearing themselves with powerful soaps and creams in an effort to attain their ideal of black beauty.

And it’s a lucrative business. Africa has become the dumping ground for the world’s banned products, mostly goods that were prohibited in Europe years ago but are still manufactured for export to Africa. Some companies manufacturing exclusively for the African continent produce creams with dangerously high levels of the bleaching agent Hydroquinone. It’s doubtful that the regulation 2 percent Hydroquinone limit is 100 percent safe.

“It’s not safe. I’m against it,” asserts Dr. Delle, who’s also a senior member of the Africa Association of Dermatology. “There’s been a lot of disagreement but, in my opinion, what matters is the length of time of exposure to the sun, so it doesn’t matter how tiny the percentage is.”

In the past, the tendency to bleach was known primarily as the preserve of prostitutes and women who worked in the local sex industry. It’s thought to have originated in the 1960s, when a number of products first became widely available.

Nowadays, however, all kinds of people, including men and children, are engaging in the practice, which can prove both costly and time-consuming. Professionals–teachers, police officers, doctors, nurses and even politicians–are all at it.” I went to an African country where the Head of State bleaches from head to toe, and the wife does the same thing. I was going to give a lecture on bleaching and was told that I had to change the topic,” recalls Dr. Delle.

whiteningcreampreview.jpgWhat’s more disturbing is the fact that people living in rural communities, struggling to exist below the poverty line, are also bleaching in earnest and are initiating dangerous techniques to participate in the trend. Unable to afford sophisticated creams and soaps, they create their own home-made preparations, mixing everything from toothpaste, shampoo and milk to household bleach, cement and brake fluid. In short, anything that has a corrosive effect on the skin. Some women have even developed a new procedure involving the smearing of hair relaxer all over the body and wearing up to three layers of clothing, including socks, gloves and long-sleeved tops, to protect themselves from the sun’s penetrating darkening rays.

The reason for this potentially life-endangering practice is purely vanity. Women who bleach do so because they believe that men prefer their lighter-skinned counterparts. Also, in some African societies light-skinned people are perceived to be more intelligent than those with a darker hue.

Dr. Delle says that he’s had women come to his clinic in Accra from all over the country offering him large sums of money to turn their naturally black skin brown. He admits that he’s had patients come to him faking an illness just so that they could be given steroid creams or injections that have the side-effects of lightening the skin.

“They genuinely come to you for a disease. They accidentally see that they’re getting fairer, and then the message goes around, and everybody does it. And some of these things I’ve discover by accident,” Delle insists. “If I give them an injection or creams, in a week or two they find they’re looking fair then they come back for it every time. They inject themselves and take penicillin tablets . . . anything.”

Tom Dorkenoo, editor of The Ghanaian Times newspaper, claims that those who work at beauticians and have discovered a formula for bleaching products are responsible for the rise in unsophisticated domestic manufacture. He says the reason why many people aren’t deterred from bleaching is because they mistakenly think the advantages—light skin—outweigh the disadvantages.

But the health implications are numerous. Kidney disorders, potential miscarriages and increased susceptibility to common skin diseases and allergies are among the many consequences. Tough, rough, scarred skin, the most serious side-effect, makes it difficult for operations to be performed should surgery be required, since the skin is too thin and too damaged to be stitched up once cut.

Dorkenoo began his campaigning journalism against the practice when a friend of his, who had been bleaching, died from this very condition. “The shock made me follow up this thing. And I keep on doing it. Every year I write about three editorials on skin bleaching.”

However, not everyone appreciates the outing of this phenomenon. Dorkenoo says he’s received little thanks, especially from those who are guilty of engaging in it. He says he’s suffered both physical and verbal abuse as a result of his work. “It’s not a very comfortable thing. A woman spat on me because she bleached, and I told people about this. So it’s not easy because a lot of people are doing it.”

Dorkenoo blames Ghana’s older generation for being negative role models for the country’s youth. “If a child goes to hospital and sees a nurse sitting before a doctor with bleached skin that tells the child that it’s healthy to do it. If a child goes in to the classroom and sees the teacher doing it that too tells the child that it’s healthy to do it.”

The consensus is that the only way to counter the disturbing trend is to wage a multi-agency campaign warning people of the dangers of bleaching. But as long as images of Western beauty continue to flood African markets and berate the natural black aesthetic, the problem will persist and claim even more lives than ever before.

Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
But as long as images of Western beauty continue to flood African markets and berate the natural black aesthetic, the problem will persist and claim even more lives than ever before.
This is not only incorrect it also offers no self-solution.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ No joke Sherlock.

Neither have you, and no solution has been presented to the US black community either.

What's your solution proposal?

Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
meninarmer

Great post, But you should of used a source.

Anyways stuff like this is just plain disgusting. I have no respect for people who bleach there skin. Egypt is another African country that has problems with skin bleaching. It's time for women to realize that they are beautiful the way God made them. Instead they let men decide for them and then go to any lengths to make a man happy. Women need to look in the mirror and say "I am Beautiful the Way God made me".

Sadly women black and White go to great lengths to fit themselves in mans impossible dreams. Bleaching of the skin and tanning are two ways we see that may cause cancers, yet women still do this to themselves. Self Hate is serious and needs to be studied more.

I can understand why African women are doing this to themselves. They watch TV and see European women and they think that there is some kind of Superiority. This has to stop. Sadly again though the magazines and the "Reality" TV shows where they always somehow pick women who are not just the girl next door types, but women who either have Tanned there skin or whos body is like a coke bottle. There is all types of women in the world, yet we always see the same kind of models and entertainers. When they have big women on TV they call the program "The Biggest Loser" hinting that these people are losers simply because they are overweight. What needs to be done, is women creating TV shows and magazines that give all types of women proper coverage. Also don't think this does not affect little girls. This affects them greatly. When you see little girls playing with Barbie dolls and watching these music videos and see women showing off there bodies, this affects these girls, and then they grow up with low self esteem.

Something needs to be done. The youth look up to the adults, When they see there moms or older sisters bleaching and tanning there skin it affects the little girls also. Girls are indoctrined to look a certain way, and if they don't they consider themselves ugly. In Brazil a Model died who weighed 80 pounds. To this woman, she was never thin enough. This is sad because stuff like this is spreading women are growing up with eating disorders at the age of 12. This is serious problem. The Future(Children) are busy worrying about Adult things, instead of just enjoying there childhood. We need to start raising kids as kids. Not miniadults. The perversion of sex is why in Britain a 13 year old boy is claiming to be the father of a baby.
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=001015

Ask yourself where is the parents in these kids lives. Ask yourself why are these kids reading and learning and having sex. It's because parents don't take there job seriously. They park there kids infront of the TV and let the idiot box raise there kids. So the kids are left into the hands of the government to raise them.

Get this people. The songs that these musicians sing is still not good enough to the people on TV, Now they have Kids singing these popular songs to other kids. This is now one of there main weapons in this war of the mind. Have childrens sing the pop songs to children, It's easier to control the future, when you have them listening to hit songs sung back by other kids.

This war is long drawn out and the enemy uses dirty tactics. Truthseekers need to protect there kids and family members from this nonsense that is the entertainment industry. Like a great reggae Artist says(Turbulence): "FIREBALL, EVERYTHING NEEDS PURGING"

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Skin bleaching by blacks has been around since slavery. In the 1800s they used lye and water to whiten skin.
Today, skin bleachers are the number 1 selling cosmetics advertised in woman's publications like Ebony, Jet, and Essence magazines. If you look at Oprah when she started in Baltimore versus toady, you can easily see she has been bleaching her skin also.
The article came out of the African Now publication.

Remember that black men in the US straigtened their hair called a conk, and in the 1990s used the Jerry curl to do the same thing attempting to gain "whiter" looking hair.
As you know, black women have always made the distinction between "good" hair and "buckshots".
Today, we see black women spending 10s of millions of dollars on horse hair weaves, blue contact lens, and even blond wigs.

Must of today's push to integrate with whites is embraced by blacks due to these psychological misconceptions placed in their heads by whites regarding the perfection of white features, versus the imperfection of black features such as; braod, flat nose, dark skin, kinky hair, large lips, large buttocks, ect.
The truth is, the black features are actually the most robust and healthy features of the two.

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
meninarmer,

You're a lying slobbering beatdown loser spouting fictional opinion.

Why don't you go find your other caterwauling beatdown transvestite pal Doug and go shopping for dresses and stockings.

hahahahahahaheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Women tend to do what what they think it takes to keep their men counterparts interested. So there is plenty of blame to go around. In several societies, both African and non-African, one comes across "lighter toned" personalities ever so more often than the darker counterparts in the television entertainment industry; this trend is for example, seen in Egyptian film industry, Bollywood (Indian concern) and even Hollywood (American concern).
Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
meninarmer

You have made a good point and I credit you for breaching this hardly spoken of problems.

Its not just Black women who have image problems. White women believe they have to get big breast like Black women through surgery. They tan there skin to the point that they get cancer, and They also thicken there lips and buttocks to have the "Ideal" figure. Both of these woman, are hammered with ideas from man on what is Beautiful. In Blacks it's a light skined "Red Bone" girl with "Good" Hair. In whites it's a Bronzed skined thick lipped women with Blonde Hair. We see the tricks we men play on these women, and they bend over backwards to accomodate our Fantasies about Women. Since I don't know the ebony magazines directly I will take your word on them promoting skin bleaching. This is truly sad because these mags are supposed to empower black men and women, instead they promote self hate. What can be done is form a magazine line that is blunt and to the point about these issues in the Black Community. Speak about the skin bleaching and shed some light on why Blacks are bleaching there skin. I think If a Popular African American mag spoke up about these issues and made ebony embarassed to have these ads then and only then will there be healing. We need to talk about issues that affect Black Women and White Women equally. Which is the pressure to conform to mans Ideas of Beauty.

Women need to be brave in this fight and stand up and make themselves accounted for. One solution is for Africans to speak up about there skin color and to create shows that show the dark skined women and men. I watch a little of BET(Not much) and all I see is light skinned men and women. It's as if they are afraid to show the Darker men/women. All the music videos to me is just a huge disaster, all women are portrayed as skimpy clothed whoreish and slutty. Black kids should not be watching BET. Plain and simple. What Kids should be watching is programs that empower them and show them that there skin color is beautiful and not ugly, That there is nothing they cannot accomplish. That the Afro is equally as pretty as straight hair. That being Thick is not something to be considered ugly. Black children are a minority with power. They can run there own TV stations and put out stuff about the history and achivements of there ancestors. Show dark skinned AA in positions of power and strength. Discuss serious topics like where the Black Youth is heading and what can be done to empower black youth, to see that they can change this corrupt sinful society for the better. I will say this Africans have spawned the music(Pop, Hip Hop) that has made it to every country on earth. Africans have made the dreadlocks a fashion for all "races". Black Youth really do not know just how much power they have. The world waits on African Americans to continue to show what is "Cool" or "Hip". This is when Blacks should look to empower there own people and use there influence to show that Bleaching your skin is wrong and selfhate has no place in there community. Take pride in your hair and skin color. Show these people that Thick Lips, Round Booty, Dark skin, is beautiful and that you are beautiful the way God made you.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But the white industry and society is definitely to blame. White advertisers, promoters, entertainment executives and so forth all go to great effort to glamorize white skin as the epitome of beauty. In "native" beauty pageants all over the world (mostly sponsored by whites) the lightest skinned women of a particular culture are showcased. The modeling industry which uses these people in local advertising prefer such traits. Actors and actresses from these populations are selected for these traits. So this is not simply a benign thing. It is done on purpose. Blacks don't have control over these industries in their own respective countries, so they are forced contend with being bombarded with such subliminal and not subliminal assaults on their dignity on a regular basis. Even hip hop videos follow the same standard and this industry too is controlled by whites as most of the talent in black men's magazines and videos is part of some white run modeling agency who run these girls through the circuit of reality shows, magazines, DVDs, web sites and so forth.
Posts: 8889 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Freehand:
quote:
But as long as images of Western beauty continue to flood African markets and berate the natural black aesthetic, the problem will persist and claim even more lives than ever before.
This is not only incorrect it also offers no self-solution.
Indeed. Aren't you just fed up of people stating problems ad infinitum.

The solution is to be found (put) in the mind of the Africans. We need a change of mentality. The solution is that simple in theory. However, in practice it is difficult because it means taking physical command of the ideas and images available to us(TV, adverts, religion, government, etc.).

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed, psychological imperialism is only as effective as the so-called victim gives it room to be.

--------------------
The Complete Picture of the Past tells Us what Not to Repeat

Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by The Explorer:
Women tend to do what what they think it takes to keep their men counterparts interested. So there is plenty of blame to go around. In several societies, both African and non-African, one comes across "lighter toned" personalities ever so more often than the darker counterparts in the television entertainment industry; this trend is for example, seen in Egyptian film industry, Bollywood (Indian concern) and even Hollywood (American concern).

LOL, as you get older and more experience with women you will come to understand that women only dress and make up their complexions for themselves and other women. Men have very little to do with it. It's all about the women's sense of self esteem, and how she feels other women we will see her.
Women dress for themselves and each other. Men give themselves far too much credit on affecting a women's appearance.

Explorador
Member # 14778

quote:
Originally posted by meninarmer:

LOL, as you get older and more experience with women you will come to understand that women only dress and make up their complexions for themselves and other women. Men have very little to do with it. It's all about the women's sense of self esteem, and how she feels other women we will see her.

As you get older and more experienced, you'll understand that darker women need not judge themselves by "lighter women", without taking into account that this is what they think gets their men counterpart interested. It's amazing that you think that 'Black women' just looked at "white women" and decided that they need to look like or come close to looking like the latter, only because they put the latter on the pedestal over themselves, and that the men factor has nothing to do with; do you seriously think that?

quote:
. Men give themselves far too much credit on affecting a women's appearance.
It's the fact of life. [Wink]
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:
But the white industry and society is definitely to blame. White advertisers, promoters, entertainment executives and so forth all go to great effort to glamorize white skin as the epitome of beauty. In "native" beauty pageants all over the world (mostly sponsored by whites) the lightest skinned women of a particular culture are showcased. The modeling industry which uses these people in local advertising prefer such traits. Actors and actresses from these populations are selected for these traits. So this is not simply a benign thing. It is done on purpose. Blacks don't have control over these industries in their own respective countries, so they are forced contend with being bombarded with such subliminal and not subliminal assaults on their dignity on a regular basis. Even hip hop videos follow the same standard and this industry too is controlled by whites as most of the talent in black men's magazines and videos is part of some white run modeling agency who run these girls through the circuit of reality shows, magazines, DVDs, web sites and so forth.

White industry doesn't force Ebony, Essence, BET, or black Enterprise to seek out and display black models with white features in their publications. They do it willingly because of the psychological programming they willingly embrace.
The 1960s saw black women become pleased with themselves, wear their hair in natural styles and use less makeup, mainly because that a was a refection mainstream black culture whose message was, I'm black and I'm proud.
When that culture was killed and replaced with the current Hip-Hop culture that black natural culture was replaced by blond headed, blue eyed, Mary J. Blige and white looking Beyonce whose message is, I'm gonna get paid and don't hate me because I do anything I want.

The blame for this can't be placed on whites. Whites haven't forced blacks to embrace this. No one forced the most ignorant blacks to go on Jerry Springer and show their asses. Likewise, no one forced blacks to use their time boosting his ratings by watching his show.
There comes a time when blacks have to take responsibility for their own actions and accept the short & long term consequences of those actions.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
t's the fact of life. [Wink]
Next time you take your girlfriend out, tell her you don't like the dress she's wearing and see if she changes it.
Likewise, tell her you don't like all that make up on her face and see if she takes it off.
Women care much more about the opinions of other women on their appearance than they do their man.

Explorador
Member # 14778

meninarmer,

You are not looking at the over all picture, and imposing your "western" standards globally. We are talking about "skin bleaching". Sure women compete amongst themselves, as men do in their own ways as well, but that says little of the topic for example, that we are purportedly discussing. Are you suggesting that 'black women' in general, just so happen to think 'white women' are superior, and that they have to measure up to them...and that their men counterpart's interest has nothing whatsoever to do with this. Are you saying that 'black women' naturally have an inferiority complex when they are in the presence of 'white women'?

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
meninarmer

You have made a good point and I credit you for breaching this hardly spoken of problems.

Its not just Black women who have image problems. White women believe they have to get big breast like Black women through surgery. They tan there skin to the point that they get cancer, and They also thicken there lips and buttocks to have the "Ideal" figure. Both of these woman, are hammered with ideas from man on what is Beautiful. In Blacks it's a light skined "Red Bone" girl with "Good" Hair. In whites it's a Bronzed skined thick lipped women with Blonde Hair. We see the tricks we men play on these women, and they bend over backwards to accomodate our Fantasies about Women. Since I don't know the ebony magazines directly I will take your word on them promoting skin bleaching. This is truly sad because these mags are supposed to empower black men and women, instead they promote self hate. What can be done is form a magazine line that is blunt and to the point about these issues in the Black Community. Speak about the skin bleaching and shed some light on why Blacks are bleaching there skin. I think If a Popular African American mag spoke up about these issues and made ebony embarassed to have these ads then and only then will there be healing. We need to talk about issues that affect Black Women and White Women equally. Which is the pressure to conform to mans Ideas of Beauty.

Women need to be brave in this fight and stand up and make themselves accounted for. One solution is for Africans to speak up about there skin color and to create shows that show the dark skined women and men. I watch a little of BET(Not much) and all I see is light skinned men and women. It's as if they are afraid to show the Darker men/women. All the music videos to me is just a huge disaster, all women are portrayed as skimpy clothed whoreish and slutty. Black kids should not be watching BET. Plain and simple. What Kids should be watching is programs that empower them and show them that there skin color is beautiful and not ugly, That there is nothing they cannot accomplish. That the Afro is equally as pretty as straight hair. That being Thick is not something to be considered ugly. Black children are a minority with power. They can run there own TV stations and put out stuff about the history and achivements of there ancestors. Show dark skinned AA in positions of power and strength. Discuss serious topics like where the Black Youth is heading and what can be done to empower black youth, to see that they can change this corrupt sinful society for the better. I will say this Africans have spawned the music(Pop, Hip Hop) that has made it to every country on earth. Africans have made the dreadlocks a fashion for all "races". Black Youth really do not know just how much power they have. The world waits on African Americans to continue to show what is "Cool" or "Hip". This is when Blacks should look to empower there own people and use there influence to show that Bleaching your skin is wrong and selfhate has no place in there community. Take pride in your hair and skin color. Show these people that Thick Lips, Round Booty, Dark skin, is beautiful and that you are beautiful the way God made you.

Peace

King

You are preceptively correct in that women of all colors are played by marketing departments to present a contrasting appearance.
Marketing departments understand that it is women who control the purse strings in the majority of households, and who are also compulsive shoppers.
In most cases, a black man will choose not to voluntarily undergo surgery of any kind, especially cosmetic surgery unlike he is in show bisness or some other high profile occupation.
The industry has promoted liposuction, breast implants, butt implants, lips implants, breast reduction and all other kinds of surgeries to women. It is a $15Billion/Year industry almost totally focused on marketing to women.

You are right about it being a part of today's culture. These images bombard women in every media, and women are selected to present and re-enforce these features on TV & radio.
It doesn't help that we have so many weak blacks who don't comprehend what's happening to them and live by the, "Don't worry, be happy" ignorant way of life which offers no identification of serious threats to life, and therefore, no solution.

Bleaching isn't just confined to Ghana

NIGERIA: BLEACHING BODY PRACTICES

source: www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHome
Page/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=56995

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/
718359.stm

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/
4032837.stm

bleaching practices

print this page share with a friend

intro: selling whitening creams is a lucrative business in Africa worth millions of US dollars a year. Shelves in pharmacies are stacked high with lotions, creams and soaps all promising to make women whiter and supposedly more beautiful. They cost anything from $3 to $10 each, a huge amount of money in countries where the average wage is less than a dollar a day. The products may come from Morocco, Nigeria, the United States, Europe or Saudi Arabia.

history: skin bleaching creams were first pushed onto the market in the United States for African-American women who were encouraged to keep their skins lightened in an effort to emulate the Caucasian woman, who was put on a pedestal as the ultimate measure of human beauty. Later, the market was expanded to apartheid South Africa and then onwards to East Africa until it eventually ended up in West Africa where it has taken root, from Senegal to Cameroon.

health concerns: the sad thing about these skin bleaching creams is the highly potent and toxic chemicals they contain, which are eventually harmful to their users. Most of them contain corticosteroids and hydroquinones, which peel off the outer layers of the skin, exposing it to the harmful rays of the sun. Bleaching can cause skin cancer and the poorest people are the most at risk, because the cheaper the product, the more dangerous it is. Furthermore, there is suspicion of an increased risk of kidney failure as a result of the mercury contained in some of the products that people use for bleaching.

disturbing results: recent surveys highligth some disturbing results. In Bamako, the capital of Mali, researchers calculated that 25% of the population is following this practice, while in some studies in Dakar, Senegal, up to 52% prevalence was observed. A study in Pretoria, South Africa revealed as much as 35%, while the most disturbing study of all, conducted in 2002, showed a usage rate reaching 77% in Lagos, Nigeria. A survey conducted in Accra between 2003 and 2004 revealed that unskilled workers and the unemployed bleach more while the educated bleach less.

policy measures: some countries are speaking out. The Kenya Bureau of Standards banned several lotions, gels and soaps used for skin lightening that contained hydroquinone. Legislation in South Africa has also resulted in the ban of mercuric soap and other toxic bleaching products. Nevertheless, it has done little to halt the proficient market. In Gambia, government officials have not only banned all skin-bleaching products, but left open the option of arresting those found with bleached skin. There are bans on the sale of bleaching lotions, creams and soaps in Ghana, Tanzania and Uganda, and skin specialists have asked for a ban in Senegal as well… But the products are still easily available almost everywhere in Africa for anyone interested in buying as much as she wants.

conclusion: however, governmental measures do not necessarily stem the practise. Education is, as usual, the keyword. And it takes time… What's ironic is that in Europe and North America, many lighter-skinned people use tanning creams and lotions to get a flawless, bronze complexion. But while the West nurtures a white culture in which being too pale is bad, for many in Africa bleaching provides an escape mechanism-the lighter you are, the more attractive and financially secure you must be. Time to change everywhere, don’t you think?

Explorador
Member # 14778

meninarmer,

-

What do you think; is this a woman-on-woman competition thing going on here?

--------------------
The Complete Picture of the Past tells Us what Not to Repeat

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
meninarmer,

-

What do you think; is this a woman-on-woman competition thing going on here?

Is that your girlfriend?

Forget what I previously said about having her change her dress or make up before you go out on the town.

Explorador
Member # 14778

^Lol, not that she is not beautiful or I wouldn't dig her, i.e. if I were into that sort of thing. Meninarmer, however, you are skating around the question and not addressing it. And does your reaction to this woman above not prove that you are merely generalizing women based on your "westernized" social conditioning?
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
^ My "reaction" is based on my lack of understanding of the traditional customs this tribe's standard of beauty are based on.
Obviously, she is not embellishing herself to catch an American man, but a man who fully comprehends her own customs and practices.

I cannot lie and say I find her appealing. I'm a natural man, and choose my women based on their natural beauty, and her comfort with her own natural beauty.
I'm a "what-You-See" is What-You-Get kind of guy. I've been fooled in nightclubs, by make-up and dark lights too many times to not have grown wiser.

However, your photo doesn't show a full body shot. I still could be interested depending on how banging it is below the neck. Plus, it could be nice having somewhere to put my beer.

Explorador
Member # 14778

quote:

^ My "reaction" is based on my lack of understanding of the traditional customs this tribe's standard of beauty are based on.

Exactly, the point of asking the question. You don't know why this woman decorated her mouth the way she did, and I doubt you will just assume that women of her kind, will simply drop all their traditional values of beauty just upon a first glance at a 'white woman' or a westernized African or a diasporan woman, simply based on what the latter looked like, or do you?

quote:

Obviously, she is not embellishing herself to catch an American man, but a man who fully comprehends her own customs and practices.

This piece is telling; you are talking of the women catering to "an American man". Why is that?

quote:

I cannot lie and say I find her appealing.

Why don't you find her appealing? Do you think she'll care if you don't, as opposed to men of her specific ethnic affiliation?

quote:

I'm a natural man, and choose my women based on their natural beauty, and her comfort with her own natural beauty.

Well hey then, you have your woman right there, Lol. All natural, and apparently comfortable with her own natural beauty. No?

quote:

I'm a "what-You-See" is What-You-Get kind of guy. I've been fooled in nightclubs, by make-up and dark lights too many times to not have grown wiser.

However, your photo doesn't show a full body shot. I still could be interested depending on how banging it is below the neck.

You are not kidding, are you? If not, hey, let's not waste time. We'll find you a pen pal from the same ethnic group as this woman, and let the relationship bloom from there. Sounds like a good idea?
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
This piece is telling; you are talking of the women catering to "an American man". Why is that?

uh, perhaps because I'm an African America man.

I have no idea of all African tribal customs.
LOL, I can tell you I don't even like my women with a piercing in their lips, although I don't deny, some American men do.

Anyway, my comments about women dressing for each other is solely based on my experience with Western women.
I've had girlfriends who have used bleaching creams and other white appearance cosmetics.
In all cases, these women had real natural beauty, and I have asked them why would they wish to change their naturally beautiful appearance. I can safely say, I have never been successful in changing their minds about using such things.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
Well hey then, you have your woman right there, Lol. All natural, and apparently comfortable with her own natural beauty. No?

Oh, was she born with that lower lips? I had no idea.
That would come in handy at the ball park to park my cup of beer.

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Indeed, it was telling as it was the only one he selected to reply to.
Posts: 6572 | From: N.Y.C....Capital of the World | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
The Explorer Meninarmer

Come on guys lets have a serious discussion without the insults.

So far This thread has been troll free and we are all giving our opinion on this issue. We truthseekers need to come together and discuss topics without it being derailed.

Credit Meni for the post on Lagos. Up to 77% of women bleach there skin. Wow, that is truly disgusting. I give kudos to all the African countries that have banned these bleaching creams and soaps.

Topics like these are important to shed light on subjects that people are afraid to discuss.

I had a "Dark skinned" friend go into the shoppers drug mart and she went to look for creams for her skin, she told me that the receptionist tried to sell her some bleaching cream for $60 dollars. Now this may not surprise anyone, but it sure surprised me. I never thought that Bleaching creams can be had over the counter so easily. It sure showed me that the elite in society are pushing corruption any place they can. I never knew skin bleach can be had so easily. This was a shock to me.

Anyways moving on This is a very interesting debate, and I can't wait for the next post from The Explorer and Meni keep the debate alive.

Peace

Explorador
Member # 14778

quote:

Indeed, and you cannot entirely escape looking at the world from your socio-cultural lens.

quote:

LOL, I can tell you I don't even like my women with a piercing in their lips, although I don't deny, some American men do.

Well, in so far as the topic is concerned, re: skin-bleaching, it is obvious that there is more going on here, than a simple matter of 'darker' women looking at 'lighter' toned women, and naturally feeling inadequate, so as to bleach their skins just to emulate them. This would tend to also negate your rationale of women-on-women competition as the driver, because you are clearly suggesting one group already feels disadvantaged and inadequate. This would imply that the group that is being emulated, is already that standard which to attain and the trend-setter. The question is why...if not only coming back to women thinking that there is a trend visible enough, that promotes 'lighter' toned women over the darker counterparts, and that this trend goes hand in hand with sex-appeal to the opposite sex?

I doubt women, such as the example in the photo, would care less how light or dark toned the next woman is, other than concentrate on the need to look as sexually-appealing and appreciated vis-a-vis the beauty standards and trends set by her own society and one which the men of her society judge their women's worth. Yeah, she might compete with the next woman about having a bigger plate, with better decorations, in her mouth, but I imagine, only in so far as it ultimately translates into her being the more attractive, according to her social standards, and hence, in the eyes of the men of her society. These things are interlinked and not separate, as some try to make them out to be. This is the point I sought to relate. The societies wherein "darker" women feel the need to bleach their skin, is not the natural state of their society. However, from external influence, there was enough trend in change of what constitutes beauty and worth of women, that women of these societies have taken it upon themselves to emulate foreign standards of beauty and social prestige by which to bespeak their sense of self-worth, at least in the eyes of society that surrounds them. All too often, this comes along with an observation of a trend(s) in what is perceived as 'hip' and most revered by the opposite sex segment of the society.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
^ Explorer doesn't have anything else to say, as others have come onto the thread and posted nonsensical personal opinions about, live and let live, or some baloney like that.

Explorer was attempting to make th epoint that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What he failed to mention is that those perceptions of beauty standards were shaped, and propagated throughout the culture.
Even if a person within the culture didn't agree, it was the culture so they had to accept it even if that change entailed huge drastic modifications and in some cases, life threatening mutilations.

Explorador
Member # 14778

quote:

What he failed to mention is that those perceptions of beauty standards were shaped, and propagated throughout the culture.
Even if a person within the culture didn't agree, it was the culture so they had to accept it even if that change entailed huge drastic modifications and in some cases, life threatening mutilations.

I take it that you didn't read my last post, when you were writing this?
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truly a great topic.

I am glad that we had a topic that did not fall into the hands of instigators and Trolls.

The last Two points made by The Explorer and Meninarmer should be reread over and over again.

In Africa and especially in the ethnic group of that women with the plate in her mouth, that is beauty. No image of a White or Black women dressed in the west, would be able to change the women with the plate in her mouth mind about what is beautiful.

Peace

Explorador
Member # 14778

quote:

No image of a White or Black women dressed in the west, would be able to change the women with the plate in her mouth mind about what is beautiful.

Glad the point was not entirely lost. [Smile]
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Indeed, and you cannot entirely escape looking at the world from your socio-cultural lens.

quote:

Well, in so far as the topic is concerned, re: skin-bleaching, it is obvious that there is more going on here, than a simple matter of 'darker' women looking at 'lighter' toned women, and naturally feeling inadequate, so as to bleach their skins just to emulate them. This would tend to also negate your rationale of women-on-women competition as the driver, because you are clearly suggesting one group already feels disadvantaged and inadequate. This would imply that the group that is being emulated, is already that standard which to attain and the trend-setter. The question is why...if not only coming back to women thinking that there is a trend visible enough, that promotes 'lighter' toned women over the darker counterparts, and that this trend goes hand in hand with sex-appeal to the opposite sex?

I doubt women, such as the example in the photo, would care less how light or dark toned the next woman is, other than concentrate on the need to look as sexually-appealing and appreciated vis-a-vis the beauty standards and trends set by her own society and one which the men of her society judge their women's worth. Yeah, she might compete with the next woman about having a bigger plate, with better decorations, in her mouth, but I imagine, only in so far as it ultimately translates into her being the more attractive, according to her social standards, and hence, in the eyes of the men of her society. These things are interlinked and not separate, as some try to make them out to be. This is the point I sought to relate. The societies wherein "darker" women feel the need to bleach their skin, is not the natural state of their society. However, from external influence, there was enough trend in change of what constitutes beauty and worth of women, that women of these societies have taken it upon themselves to emulate foreign standards of beauty and social prestige by which to bespeak their sense of self-worth, at least in the eyes of society that surrounds them. All too often, this comes along with an observation of a trend(s) in what is perceived as 'hip' and most revered by the opposite sex segment of the society.

While the African tribal tradition represents a form of psychological shaping through cultural African tradition, the topic of bleaching and changing hair and eye color are much more tied into perhaps a Stockholm Syndrome disorder. Identification with the Oppressor, as we have seen in the US and other native invaded cultures such as Brazil and even some parts of Asia.

In America, there was actually a period where African American female slaves were tasked with physically nursing the white mistresses infants. So, you saw a black women holding a white baby to her tit feeding it. The significance of this act holds very deep ramifications for the females psychological state of mind. Even if she hated the slave master to the point of wanting to murder him, being a nurturing female, she could not help but form a emotional bond with that little white infant. As the infant lay feeding upon her breast, did the female secretly dream that the child was her own? Did she envy the white mistress for having a white child?
Perhaps. The bleaching and grooming habits of young girls are most often passed down from their mothers, or eneration to generation.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

No image of a White or Black women dressed in the west, would be able to change the women with the plate in her mouth mind about what is beautiful.

It wasn't lost. It just wasn't relevant to the topic of bleaching which is an act of appearing more white. Not an tribal specific modifications which applies to making one look, more African.
Explorador
Member # 14778

quote:

While the African tribal tradition represents a form of psychological shaping through cultural African tradition, the topic of bleaching and changing hair and eye color are much more tied into perhaps a Stockholm Syndrome disorder. Identification with the Oppressor, as we have seen in the US and other native invaded cultures such as Brazil and even some parts of Asia.

In America, there was actually a period where African American female slaves were tasked with physically nursing the white mistresses infants. So, you saw a black women holding a white baby to her tit feeding it. The significance of this act holds very deep ramifications for the females psychological state of mind. Even if she hated the slave master to the point of wanting to murder him, being a nurturing female, she could not help but form a emotional bond with that little white infant. As the infant lay feeding upon her breast, did the female secretly dream that the child was her own? Did she envy the white mistress for having a white child?
Perhaps. The bleaching and grooming habits of young girls are most often passed down from their mothers, or eneration to generation.

You are all over the map, with no coherent thought. First you attribute the skin bleaching by "darker" skin women to that feminine thing of woman-on-woman competition that has nothing whatsoever to do with social conditioning and the corresponding sexual-appeal to the opposite sex, and now you talk of psychological imperialism, which was just relayed to you at any rate. You've failed to make any point, other than just arguing for the sake of, well, just arguing.

quote:

quote:

quote:

It wasn't lost. It just wasn't relevant to the topic of bleaching which is an act of appearing more white. Not an tribal specific modifications which applies to making one look, more African.
The keywords in my post was "not entirely lost", and King exhibits an example in this case, of an intellectually alert mind with an understanding of what was relayed and why so. [Wink]
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
The topic is skin bleaching in Africa, while I also injected skin bleaching in America as reference to this conditioning.
What African tribal customs has to do with this subject is; nothing at all.
Merely your irrelevant and incoherent contribution to the thread, but in spite of this, we attempt to humor you until you are able to catch up and get back on track.

That you are ignorant of past discussion and analysis of white emulation in US black females, or just having difficulty correlating similar symptomatic reactions is obvious, however there exists an abundance of very good write up on this psychological conditioning that you might take time to review if interested.
The basic black doll study may be a good start.
Also, you may wish to review the lead in report in this THREAD discussing Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome.

Explorador
Member # 14778

quote:

What African tribal customs has to do with this subject is, nothing at all.

Of course, it has everything to do with, because skin bleaching is not naturally an African tradition. The fact that there are societies in Africa wherein women will not bleach their skin simply upon glancing at lighter skin women or a diaspora women, obliterates your rationale that it is brought upon women doing it simply because of other women, and had nothing to do with social conditioning that determines the prestige of women by the opposite sex.

quote:

Merely your irrelevant and incoherent contribution to the thread,

Like I said, my point was not entirely lost, though apparently its been lost on you.

quote:

but in spite of this, we attempt to humor you until you are able to catch up and get back on track.

The joke is actually on you, which is why your reaction was priceless when I presented that photo. It immediately made my point apparent, even to the most ignorant person there could be. In that you still have trouble taking the point home, you know the implications...I hope.

quote:

That you are ignorant of past discussion and analysis of white emulation in US black females is obvious

And what a genius you are, figuring out all by yourself that this "emulation" is nothing but just petty competition between women. After all, it is natural for "skin bleaching" to be compared with women wearing dresses to impress other women, isn't it?

quote:

So, I gather this is also where you learn your lessons of what women are all about, is that not so? I've got Cinderella bed time stories for you as well, that might prove insightful in learning what women are all about. LOL.
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
At the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital in the capital Accra, doctors proved what had been feared for a long time; skin bleaching causes skin cancer. Over a number of years, continuous stripping away of the melanin in the skin leaves it more open to cancer. Whereas traditionally black people haven’t been vulnerable to skin cancer, Albinos, whose lack of melanin is responsible for their pale colouring, have. When the melanin is removed, naturally black skin becomes similar to that of an Albino and is, therefore, more susceptible to disease.

Hey me-no-brain,

These Africans who are bleaching their skins, and hence becoming more prone to skin cancer similar to albinos, are they then becoming albinos?

Posts: 6572 | From: N.Y.C....Capital of the World | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

quote:

I know you cited this, but meninarmer, do you actually understand a word of any of it?
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

What African tribal customs has to do with this subject is, nothing at all.

Of course, it has everything to do with, because skin bleaching is not naturally an African tradition. The fact that there are societies in Africa wherein women will not bleach their skin simply upon glancing at lighter skin women or a diaspora women, obliterates your rationale that it is brought upon women doing it simply because of other women, and had nothing to do with social conditioning that determines the prestige of women by the opposite sex.

quote:

Merely your irrelevant and incoherent contribution to the thread,

Like I said, my point was not entirely lost, though apparently its been lost on you.

quote:

but in spite of this, we attempt to humor you until you are able to catch up and get back on track.

The joke is actually on you, which is why your reaction was priceless when I presented that photo. It immediately made my point apparent, even to the most ignorant person there could be. In that you still have trouble taking the point home, you know the implications...I hope.

quote:

That you are ignorant of past discussion and analysis of white emulation in US black females is obvious

And what a genius you are, figuring out all by yourself that this "emulation" is nothing but just petty competition between women. After all, it is natural for "skin bleaching" to be compared with women wearing dresses to impress other women, isn't it?

quote:

So, I gather this is also where you learn your lessons of what women are all about, is that not so? I've got Cinderella bed time stories for you as well, that might prove insightful in learning what women are all about. LOL.

LOL, the article is speaking of black women exposed to other culture and emulating them, and you post a picture id an isolated tribal women exhibiting an internal tribal cultural custom. Yeah, I see what you mean, the parallels are enormous! [Big Grin]

Still, I forgive you because you were responding to my mention of women in an integrated society being motivated by appealing to other females without you understanding the social pressure females place on one another to meet the feminine perception of attractive. I still stand by that. Females in integrated societies dress/groom to meet the standards of other females rather than men. If a female makes a fashion mishap, it will be other females that notice it more often than men.

I can't teach you about female psychology. That's something that only comes with vast experience and lots of trial and error.

Don't expect to learn it from MatterOverMind. He hasn't seen pussy since it was him. He still has juice behind the ears.

Anyway, enough time/effort has been spent here. Back to topic.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by MindoverMatter718:
quote:

Hey Mr. Superior Black Man,

These Africans who are bleaching their skins, and hence becoming more prone to skin cancer similar to albinos, are they then becoming albinos?

There is a little more to Albinism then simply losing skin melanin. Bleaching doesn't destroy the mechanism for producing melanin. It only destrys melanin that has been produced and sitting in the melanocytes.
Also, bleaching has no effect on DNA repair facilities, nor does it effect pupil or iris melanin densities, or reproductive DNA.

So, the answer is, NO.
Only African Albinos and Europeans are Albino.

Explorador
Member # 14778

I could play this game of your's about "who is more stupid than who"; okay, you beat me hands down. But now, I'm more interested in your understanding of the following, assuming English is your primary language...

quote:

What is the above saying, meninarmer? Do you need the words to be spaced out more, or do you need kid cartoon-book illustrations to go along with it? Your call.
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

I know you cited this, but meninarmer, do you actually understand a word of any of it?
Yes, I did.
However, you seek to reduce bleaching to a "Hip trend" or fad, where IMHO (and other professionals) it is much more than this. As I stated before, Bleaching isn't anything new. Black women have been bleaching their skin since slavery, more to do with SELF-HATE, and low self esteem, than a hip fad.
DO you understand?
Dr. Cress Welsing speaks on this traumatic psychosis in her color theory.
Stockholm Syndrome experts speak on it as psychological trauma labeled, Identification with the oppressor. Where the victim seeks to emulate their captor/oppressors.
Had the African women shown been captured and held hostage by a tribe who put saucers in their eye lids, 1,2,10 years later, the women would have saucers in her eye lids rather than her lip.

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

quote:
There is a little more to Albinism then simply losing skin melanin.

Yea the fact that it's a genetic defect and African albinos are then prone to skin cancer in their natural intense UV environments where they should retain melanin.

quote:
It only destrys melanin that has been produced and sitting in the melanocytes.
Also, bleaching has no effect on DNA repair facilities, nor does it effect pupil or iris melanin densities, or reproductive DNA.

Bleaching of the skin, depleting in melanin leaves them susceptible to skin cancers, and is similar to an albino.

Don't you correlate this with being an albino, or is it simply that when humans deplete in melanin levels they are naturally prone to harmful UV rays?

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
^ Yeah, and this is what it looks like.
 -

I'm sure you recognize the red skin as Sun burn, but the black around her mouth, above her eye, and nose, is melanoma.
Everywhere you see red is a likely future site for additional melanoma.
Exactly like Europeans, African Albinos have compromised DNA repair facilities. Therefore, skin burnt skin cannot be repaired and develops into skin cancer, or melanoma.
The combination of; Lack of melanin, compromised melanin production, compromised DNA repair, low immunization is Albinism.

Explorador
Member # 14778

quote:

and you post a picture id an isolated tribal women exhibiting an internal tribal cultural custom.

I suppose that you are too much of an idiot to notice that I posted the photo in response to *your* disjointed reply to my post, not the article. No?

quote:

Yeah, I see what you mean, the parallels are enormous!

Like I said, you cannot formulate a coherent thought.

quote:
Still, I forgive you because you were responding to my mention of women in an integrated society being motivated by appealing to other females without you understanding the social pressure females place on one another to meet the feminine perception of attractive.
You are not in a position to be forgiving, you are in position to be seeking mental help. And just a mere correction: I was actually replying to your yapping after my post, about women catering to what is held up as social prestige or worth by the opposite sex.

quote:

I still stand by that. Females in integrated societies dress/groom to meet the standards of other females rather than men.

So dunce, this is why 'darker' women bleach their skins to emulate 'lighter' skin women? I suppose the females of the kind in the photo example, do not compete amongst themselves either?
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

quote:
 -

I'm sure you recognize the red skin as Sun burn, but the black around her mouth, above her eye, and nose, is melanoma.
Exactly like Europeans, African Albinos have compromised DNA repair facilities.

Yes they look similar..
 -

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
 -

Exactly like Europeans, African Albinos have compromised DNA repair facilities.

Yes they look similar..
 -

LOL, after all this time you still haven't understood the variance of Albinism? Listen carefully. OCA1, OCA2, OCA3, OCA4, represent multi-tiered levels of Albinism.
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

quote:
quote:
quote:

-

Yes they look similar..
 -

LOL, after all this time you still haven't understood the variance of Albinism? Listen carefully. OCA1, OCA2, OCA3, OCA4, represent multi-tiered levels of Albinism.
[Roll Eyes]

It's either one or the other correct, so which does she display?

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

and you post a picture id an isolated tribal women exhibiting an internal tribal cultural custom.

I suppose that you are too much of an idiot to notice that I posted the photo in response to *your* disjointed reply to my post, not the article. No?

quote:

Yeah, I see what you mean, the parallels are enormous!

Like I said, you cannot formulate a coherent thought.

quote:
Still, I forgive you because you were responding to my mention of women in an integrated society being motivated by appealing to other females without you understanding the social pressure females place on one another to meet the feminine perception of attractive.
You are not in a position to be forgiving, you are in position to be seeking mental help. And just a mere correction: I was actually replying to your yapping after my post, about women catering to what is held up as social prestige or worth by the opposite sex.

quote:

I still stand by that. Females in integrated societies dress/groom to meet the standards of other females rather than men.

So dunce, this is why 'darker' women bleach their skins to emulate 'lighter' skin women? I suppose the females of the kind in the photo example, do not compete amongst themselves either?

I'm still waiting for you to make a valid point on skin beaching.

No hurray. I can wait.

Feel free to expand the discussion on black male emulations of white males if you wish. Anything but the convoluted mushroom induced drivel you've so far presented.

Explorador
Member # 14778

quote:

quote:
Yes, I did.
If you understood it, how come your posts seem like not a single word of it has gotten through to you?
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com