EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Very important for everyone

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Very important for everyone
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a continuation of my discussion with Bob_01 to prevent going OT on Pr's thread. To get everyone reading this up to speed quickly:

My initial post was

If they (the above non Africans) harbour negative feelings or beliefs about blacks, that's on them. As long as they don't express them near me, we can co-exist. I don't consider it my mission to help racism out of this world, nor do I think one can speed up the eradication by electing half black presidents or engaging in discussions. I'd rather use it, and let it fuel my motivations and propell me towards my goals in life.

Bob_01's response in reture was:

We have a lot more to do, it's hardly over, and I think ES could be a pool, where we encourage fellow users to explore the sciences. That could be done with teams from here involved in these fields:

1) Archaeology: Cultural, Physical, etc

2) Anthropology: Physical bio-anthropology, especially.

3) Genetics itself,

4) Evolutionary biology

5) Anatomy, physiology, and histology Biochemistry

6) Chemistry (methodology, instruments for skin tone, hair, etc etc). Derived branches such as biochemistry, histochemistry, etc.

7) Linguistics: Computational, Historical, Applied.

8) Education, Engineering, Medicine, etc to help develop OUR communities directly..

That's what I consider part of my personal development as well. I mean, I could complete medicine, specialize, employ my biochemistry and engineer abilities, to become a great researcher.

Thats def. something to aspire, and I think everyone would want to be a part of that. The thing is, we as black people are in a very unique predicament that is unlike any other population, because of the racism directed at us. There is a lot of power in understanding that negative situations can easily be turned into positive ones, if we can just get over complaining and thinking we're a victim of our circumstances.
A positive spin could be as you've already cited above, that we stop relying less on external scholars and start to study and built a network of competent people that are based and connected to eachother on this site or another one specially created for that purpose, with more moderation. There is no reason why this forum shouldn't or couldn't expand to that.

BTW, I'm already doing that on a personal level. I'm working on a script for an animation/movie that incorporates black history including Egyptians, Nubians etc. I've already studied how to write powerful scripts/stories before I started, and now I'm writing one myself. So I'm on a similar path, it's just not science related but entertainment related. And that is something that black people need too, because Hiphop culture is the dominant form of entertainment right now, and it is spinning out of control. Almost every black youth wants to be a rapper or entertainer, but we can't have a community full of rappers.. we need diversity

Anyway, I just wanted to adress Bob_01's post in a new topic, to make sure this important message gets the attention it needs instead of drowning in the sea of other post and topics that are going to follow in the next couple of hours. I know alot of black people are mad and distrusting the scientific establishment because of they have done to us. YOU ARE NOT DELIVERED AT YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES. Assume power and create, manifest etc. instead of reacting like you're a little leaf that is blown around at the mercy of the wind.

I also want to know, Bob_01, how far you are with your engineering education and exactly what specifically you'll be able to do when you're done. Also, where are you living? It's very important.

Kalonji

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
BTW, I'm already doing that on a personal level. I'm working on a script for an animation/movie that incorporates black history including Egyptians, Nubians etc. I've already studied how to write powerful scripts/stories before I started, and now I'm writing one myself.
Sounds awesome! Keep us updated!

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7093 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_01
Member # 15687

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob_01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I also want to know, Bob_01, how far you are with your engineering education and exactly what specifically you'll be able to do when you're done. Also, where are you living? It's very important.
I specialize in electrical engineering, and am preparing to continue within the field of medicine, once I settle down a bit. Right now, I'm just working, while also studying to extend my skill base ( micro-electonic, medical instrumentations, maybe some imaging) through education as well.

As for skills, I'd probably be more familiar with electronic equipment and management of engineering projects. I have a biochemistry major under my belt as well, so it's not like these topics are exactly foreign to me. The imaging side, nuclear engineering, especially, does have applications within archeology.

Saying that, the truth is, I joined this forum to network with other users. More so, on the humanitarian front, though. I tend to debate more in the areas of economics, but didn't specialize much in the area. At the moment, I am mopping up a lot more from the historical side, while biology seems to be coming through rather easily.

PS: I am based in Australia, at the moment. The odd economic situation, has delayed my push into medicine. However, I also consider other areas as well.

Lot of things to do!

Posts: 1080 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bob_01:

I will, I'm pretty deep into the story so it'll probably take another six months to compose the events into a coherent plot that has all the ingredients I need it to have and in the right order. Expect an update somewhere around August with the specifics.

quote:
I specialize in electrical engineering, and am preparing to continue within the field of medicine, once I settle down a bit. Right now, I'm just working, while also studying to extend my skill base ( micro-electonic, medical instrumentations, maybe some imaging) through education as well.

As for skills, I'd probably be more familiar with electronic equipment and management of engineering projects. I have a biochemistry major under my belt as well, so it's not like these topics are exactly foreign to me. The imaging side, nuclear engineering, especially, does have applications within archeology.

^Nice, I like what I'm reading.
I'll send you a PM later with why I'll need your engineering knowledge for a project I'm working on. It's related to the animation/movie.

Kalonji

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kalonji:
quote:

I will, I'm pretty deep into the story so it'll probably take another six months to compose the events into a coherent plot that has all the ingredients I need it to have and in the right order. Expect an update somewhere around August with the specifics.

quote:

^Nice, I like what I'm reading.
I'll send you a PM later with why I'll need your engineering knowledge for a project I'm working on. It's related to the animation/movie.

Kalonji

Kalonji do you have a facebook/Email. I have been trying to develop a script for a comic that involves Egypt. You say you can write scripts, well I can draw. I have not really showed yall my real work becuase of the time it takes to fix up my drawings but I can give you some B&W stuff. Anyway I have some ideas on a plot, we should team up.

My plots are:
1) The events surrounding Imhotep and Joser.

2)The 18th dynasty, Ramses 19th Dynasty or the 12th Dynasty.

just a thought!!

Posts: 8806 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigantic
Member # 17311

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gigantic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No sane and logical person in the world will ever take you idiots seriously, except the loonies like the Afroflunkies here. Do you fvcking think the international community is going to stand idly by as you plunder and pillage other people's history? For fvck's sake you bunch of shmucks! Hell no!

You have no friends in Asian academia, seeing as you have your nutty professor Clyde Winters claiming the original founders of Chinese civilization were black (LOL)! You have no friends in Arab academia, seeing as your nutty colleague, a professor called Clyde Winters, who has taken it upon himself to write egregious papers; papers that indirectly challenge the Arab ancestral ties and their legitimate claim to their lands and of course the oil(LOL)! It is a slap in the face of every Arab man. Let us not forget Egypt academia. You DEFINITELY have no friends there.

The fvcking list goes on and on you bunch of Afrofools. You have no damn shame. Everything is black to you, dammit! EVERYTHING!! Hell! some of you claim carbon14 belongs to you (LOL)!! But that's a whole nother topic.

Posts: 2025 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha! Ha! Ha! Got to admit your are really funny. Great writing. Maybe you should help with the script. Make good use of your talent. Help the brothas out.

. . . " But that's a whole nother topic. "!!! fuuunnny!!
quote:
Originally posted by Recovering Afro-holic:
No sane and logical person in the world will ever take you idiots seriously, except the loonies like the Afroflunkies here. Do you fvcking think the international community is going to stand idly by as you plunder and pillage other people's history? For fvck's sake you bunch of shmucks! Hell no!

You have no friends in Asian academia, seeing as you have your nutty professor Clyde Winters claiming the original founders of Chinese civilization were black (LOL)! You have no friends in Arab academia, seeing as your nutty colleague, a professor called Clyde Winters, who has taken it upon himself to write egregious papers; papers that indirectly challenge the Arab ancestral ties and their legitimate claim to their lands and of course the oil(LOL)! It is a slap in the face of every Arab man. Let us not forget Egypt academia. You DEFINITELY have no friends there.

The fvcking list goes on and on you bunch of Afrofools. You have no damn shame. Everything is black to you, dammit! EVERYTHING!! Hell! some of you claim carbon14 belongs to you (LOL)!! But that's a whole nother topic.

Sorry Kalonji. Don't intend to mess up your thraed, but couldn't resist. . .bye
Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigantic
Member # 17311

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gigantic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes]

quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
Ha! Ha! Ha! Got to admit your are really funny. Great writing. Maybe you should help with the script. Make good use of your talent. Help the brothas out.

. . . " But that's a whole nother topic. "!!! fuuunnny!!

Posts: 2025 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homeylu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smiling like a proud mom at all the talent and skills in this forum. That's what its all about, networking.

Kalongi, do keep us updated with your progress. [Smile]

Posts: 747 | From: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigantic
Member # 17311

Rate Member
You have got to be kiddin! [Eek!]

quote:
Originally posted by homeylu:
all the talent and skills in this forum.

homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homeylu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You have got to be kiddin! [Eek!]

quote:
Originally posted by homeylu:
all the talent and skills in this forum.

I've moved from my assessment of you as a simple-minded antagonist, towards a more appropriate view as that figurative crab in the barrel.

Anyone that has studied the behavior of the crustaceans, is aware that you can place a large number of them in a barrel without the necessity of a lid or cover, due to the fact, that they have an innate habit of 'pulling and tugging' on one another, so that when one of them is about to 'escape' over the top, the liberal crab is pulled back in by his compatriots.

Posts: 747 | From: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kolonji do you have a Deviant Art account by the way??
Posts: 8806 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jari Ankhamun:
Kalonji do you have a facebook/Email. I have been trying to develop a script for a comic that involves Egypt. You say you can write scripts, well I can draw. I have not really showed yall my real work becuase of the time it takes to fix up my drawings but I can give you some B&W stuff. Anyway I have some ideas on a plot, we should team up.

My plots are:
1) The events surrounding Imhotep and Joser.

2)The 18th dynasty, Ramses 19th Dynasty or the 12th Dynasty.

just a thought!!

I don't have alot of time for extra projects as a co-artist, but I can definitely help you out with brainstorming or ideas when needed. It shouldn't be too hard to find interesting subject matter for your comic, as Ancient Egypt and the ancient world in general is very rich in interesting topics and events that you can incorperate in your story. I don't have a facebook or or Deviant art account, but I'll PM my email adress to you.

quote:

Smiling like a proud mom at all the talent and skills in this forum. That's what its all about, networking.

Kalongi, do keep us updated with your progress. [Smile]

Thanks, I will.

Can everyone please stop responding to trolls baiting in this thread? However tempting it may be, stop feeding the zoo animals!!

-

Bob_01
Member # 15687

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob_01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Bettyboo sounds jealous. This is the type of mindset that runs amongst white women. How do we push the color guy down, so we could potentially establish a future

I mean, this is hilarious. African immigrants over represent in the sciences. In addition, if we assume that continents or water, isolated humans (ala some massive glacier isolating Central/ Northern Europe), we could say that I'm "Asian".

Anyways, we'll how this goes. I know a number of bright cats in the area. Shall try to help as much as I can, though. However, I'd also like to a thread dealing with academic and career advice with the younger ones. That's the kind of base that'd develop a formidable team.

Posts: 1080 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_01
Member # 15687

Rate Member
So yes, do we start an academic and career guidance thread here or elsewhere? I think that vets like Explorer, Mind, et al could certainly help out a lot. These areas that I've emphasized could have major social implications as well. Sure, Africans and Caribbeans are rather mobile in North America, but developing a secure power base is something that's required.

I also don't mind working with European-based "rivals" on the boards. The opportunities available due to a generous social security system is vast. Once could acquire an education and start their own joint ventures. Those that revolve around community efforts could certainly work.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Bob
Check your pm inbox

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
So yes, do we start an academic and career guidance thread here or elsewhere? I think that vets like Explorer, Mind, et al could certainly help out a lot. These areas that I've emphasized could have major social implications as well. Sure, Africans and Caribbeans are rather mobile in North America, but developing a secure power base is something that's required.

I also don't mind working with European-based "rivals" on the boards. The opportunities available due to a generous social security system is vast. Once could acquire an education and start their own joint ventures. Those that revolve around community efforts could certainly work.

Perhaps starting in smaller steps is more practical and affordable. I'm thinking about ordering books together and reading them at a designated pace that will be determined before the books are ordered. People that applied can then report back here on Egyptsearch to discuss new findings and interesting points, questions etc.
One tried and tested method for preventing procastination and quitting is sending a small fee of money in addition to the book price to a bank account created for this purpose. The people that finished reading the books can take their money back at the end of the project. People that slack and quit reading will not get their fee back. This leftover money can then be used to give the more serious participants a discount when a next book will be ordered.
This has to be a group effort though and people will have to be serious. Maybe its better if a small group of people start out first and other people follow later.

Who is interested in participating in something like this? A minimum of 4 people is more than enough to start with. The most logical topic to start with is ofcourse Egyptology and/or population genetics and the variety of other topics that are frequently discussed here.

BTW, I'm interesed to see how many people will apply for this, as most people love to complain about the current status of Egyptsearch and how this website has passed its golden era. Lets see how many people are willing to do something about it.

Kalonji

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ If you guys want to further Africana studies and just as important disseminate such info to the general public, then all the power to you! I give my support, and when I get the chance I would love to help...However as Assoholic has just demonstrated, there are going to be the numbskulls who are immune to any accurate info or even logic. They will continue to cling on to whatever silly beliefs on race they have no matter what! There is only so much a person or people can do. Fortunately, most people including whites are not that stupid or that foolish. So keep it up. It will only be a matter of time until fools like Assoholic become extinct as idiotic ideas usually die out. [Embarrassed]
Posts: 26307 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuty:
^ If you guys want to further Africana studies and just as important disseminate such info to the general public, then all the power to you! I give my support, and when I get the chance I would love to help...However as Assoholic has just demonstrated, there are going to be the numbskulls who are immune to any accurate info or even logic. They will continue to cling on to whatever silly beliefs on race they have no matter what! There is only so much a person or people can do. Fortunately, most people including whites are not that stupid or that foolish. So keep it up. It will only be a matter of time until fools like Assoholic become extinct as idiotic ideas usually die out.

Exactly, there are already noticable shifts taking place. No one in his right mind would argue that east Africans owe their craniofacial trends to wandering ''caucasians'' anymore. Research on Cro Magnons and more recent Europeans revealing that Mesolithic and Neolithic Europeans moved away from African features + Brace's steadfast reliance on the same African like ancient Europeans instead of modern ones to show clustering with ancient Egyptians made sure of that. Europeans themselves clearly have their features from Africans and they moved away from that more or less around the mesolithic age. Even if there were any wandering non Africans in Africa in pre mesolithic times, they wouldn't have been outside of Africa long enough to introduce significantly new trends. They've stopped claiming Tutsi, Masai, great rift valley speciments etc. and they're dead wrong if they think that retreating to the Nile valley front with their newfound R1b fetisj will help their case, because the aforementioned populations have similar features without any significant Non African dna, if any. The implications are of course that the ancient Egyptians could've and indeed did aquire their features from their ancestors that came from the south, and that just like the populations I mentioned, foreign geneflow is not needed to explain their features. Recent shady attempts to attribute their clustering with Nubians to gene-flow (Godde. K 2009) is just as stupid, because they wouldn't have needed gene flow to look the way they did. They would've had those features even if they were isolated from Nubia. And they were indeed isolated from Nubia several times in their history, if we notice their surprisingly lack of awareness about their of their immediate surroundings, and that they would even go as far as placing Nubians under the impersonal and distant ''Hyksos'' category, that becomes obvious. Not to mention the fact that they closed their southern borders in the 18th dy, engaged in military campaigns, and the lack of neolithic cites around the first cataract in pre dynastic times.

Anyway, that's why I'm thinking about upping the ante a little bit, because I'm not interested in keep arguing against positions that have been debunked a long time ago. That they would even think that West Africans didn't have complex societies before colonials times tells me that we're dealing with people whose belief systems are more than outdated and are approximating a sick mental disorder that stubbornly allows them to grasp onto static, outdated views that in their minds hold a precendence over available evidence that is repeatedly offered here. The fact that they keep coming back despite getting debunked everytime they try makes me think that they're a victim of it rather than being in control of their proposterous behaviour.
I notice that whenever there is a new eruption of their sick predispositions (like Tuts presumed R1b for example), meaningfull contributions go down to a minimum because all the attention shifts toward their baiting. I remember 4 different threads of the top of my head. 4 THREADS to make the exact same case, without new additional evidence that could justify doing that. If that isn't a severe case of baiting-spasm, I don't know what is. That is why I liked what Bob had to say enough to open this thread. I want to keep challenging myself, and kicking dogs while they're down (their worthless arguments) is starting to get boring, and so is seeing the same rehashed topics get amore attention than non-controversial, non-troll related threads. I've noticed on more than one occasion how quickly those threads die out.

Kalonji

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com