EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Kabyle origin (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Kabyle origin
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HidayaAkade:

This thread is basically a erroneous extension of the "North Africans were never African" spiel.
That lie is old and its tired.

Troll Patrol is saying there were no Noth Africans, people went into from the South

but the topic is Kabyle, not green period hunter gatherers even though I have been following him into his side track that is not dealing with the dry period of the thread topic

so stop cheerleading and sighing and contributing no content

The topic is Kayble and has not been covered that much on ES-it is not a topic on North Africans general

thanks, lioness

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bilal Dogon:
quote:
Originally posted by Troll Patrol aka Ish Gebor:
Really? So where is it?

See this is your problem. You’re unable to comprehend what’s laid out in front of your eyes, then when you miss it or misunderstand, you throw out ad hominems and insults.
Read my posts again. What you’re asking about is mentioned in my initial post you quoted, then in my reply to you, then a Third time in this last post you quoted.

For the fourth time:

quote:
Originally posted by Bilal Dogon -aka blingdogg:
Some may have a larger population of people having one phenotype, but that doesn’t make them the “real” or “original” people, just that their population had the chance to increase faster than others (historical, environmental factors).

quote:

"And yet the number of the Vandals and Alans was said in former times, at least, to amount to no more than fifty thousand men. However, after that time by their natural increase among themselves and by associating other barbarians with them they came to be an exceedingly numerous people."

Ancient History Sourcebook: Procopius of Caesarea: Gaiseric & The Vandal Conquest of North Africa, 406 - 477 CE

Pathetic, so I am going to ask you again. Where is it. Where did you write it?

You keep saying that one is not original this that blah blah....it's just your very one opinion, we are speaking of where did the population origins lie in the first place of those who entered the Magreb during the Holocene mid-Holocene. You are speaking of a classic time period.

I will repeat it once more for you, in the South. The Sahara-Sahel, is where the Tamazight originated. Proto-Berber originated in central-Sahara. I posted this by showing actual data on anthropological sites.

And is known as Lybico-Berber. This was long before any Vandal or whom ever invaded, assimilated or integrated.

This is the problem, you can't grasp, comprehend and accept.

Even when it's right in front of your eyes you can't see it, hmmm you don't read it. You brush it off as spam. Yet, your personal opinion should matter. [Big Grin]

GTFOH

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
quote:

This thread is basically a erroneous extension of the "North Africans were never African" spiel.

Troll Patrol is saying there were no Noth Africans, people went into from the South

but the topic is Kabyle, not green period hunter gatherers even though I have been following him into his side track that is not dealing with the dry period of the thread topic

The topic is Kayble and has not been covered that much on ES-it is not a topic on North Africans general

thanks, lioness

No, what he is saying is that you try to falsely history, and make it into that Africans never entered Northern Africa, this of course as I say again is a lie.

And again, the ancient population from the Magreb came from the South, from the Sahara-Sahel. These people became the first settlers of Northwest Africa. Northeast is a different story. Thou there is a common denominator eventually which can be traced back to the similar root. Yes, also from the South.

This too was posted several times.

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

And is known as Lybico-Berber. This was long before any Vandal or whom ever invaded, assimilated or integrated.

you realize that Lybia is on the North of the continent ?
Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

Iberomaurusian green, Capsian blue

as we can see, of the North not the South, and archaeological evidence supporting that

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

you realize that Lybia is on the North of the continent ?
You do realize that Lybico-Berber. Is rooted at central Sahara? Not the Southern part nor the Northern part of the Sahara, but in the middle. Central!

quote:
The Garamantes flourished in southwestern Libya, in the core of the Sahara Desert ~3,000 years ago and largely controlled trans-Saharan trade. Their biological affinities to other North African populations, including the Egyptian, Algerian, Tunisian and Sudanese, roughly contemporary to them, are examined by means of cranial nonmetric traits using the Mean Measure of Divergence and Mahalanobis D(2) distance. The aim is to shed light on the extent to which the Sahara Desert inhibited extensive population movements and gene flow. Our results show that the Garamantes possess distant affinities to their neighbors. This relationship may be due to the Central Sahara forming a barrier among groups, despite the archaeological evidence for extended networks of contact. The role of the Sahara as a barrier is further corroborated by the significant correlation between the Mahalanobis D(2) distance and geographic distance between the Garamantes and the other populations under study. In contrast, no clear pattern was observed when all North African populations were examined, indicating that there was no uniform gene flow in the region.
Sahara: Barrier or corridor? Nonmetric cranial traits and biological affinities of North African late Holocene populations.

Am J Phys Anthropol. 2012 Feb;147(2):280-92. doi: 10.1002/ajpa.21645. Epub 2011 Dec 20.

Leverhulme Centre for Human Evolutionary Studies, Department of Biological Anthropology, University of Cambridge, Fitzwilliam Street, Cambridge, UK.

Bilal Dogon
Member # 21572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bilal Dogon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Uhh...
I'm a newbie on here and lioness is a troll.
It's not a debate.
Most people on here are not against a debate, but if you do post you gotta be able to back it up.

If you feel lioness is making some valid points, you should expound on it and put forth info.
Second, you dismiss Troll Patrol's posts but is he lying?
Does he have sound info?

Simply listening to one side of the debate is not going to help.

I see your point, and I mostly agree. My problem is that this thread in fact is mostly "North Africans were always black Africans" spiel which I believe is false. What I’m doing is exactly that: looking at two sides of a debate.

I’m on your side (and Troll Patrol’s too but he’s unable to understand that) and I know that black Africans were the early inhabitants of North Africa until they were pushed south later on. But when there have been light-skinned Berbers for hundreds of years, how fair is it to say they’re not true Berbers?

I’m a black Canadian, first generation, so am I wrong to say that I’m Canadian because my parents only lived here for 40 years? That’s not right.

All I’m saying is we should recognize the diversity of North Africa. I’m a newbie too but I’ve read old threads on the forum before I joined. And I don’t necessarily say lioness is always trolling. She does at times post things from another perspective that some members don’t want to see just because it possibly shows blacks were not always dominant in all regions of Africa.

Since my first post here, I see that some specific members fail to look at things critically, and ignore any research that goes against what they believe, calling this “Eurocentric lies” or trolls. Example: I was called a Eurocentric white troll here only because I asked a question about the head of King Narmer. The fact that I asked the question of why some ignorant people would label it a 25th century fraud (which I specifically said was false) and what the story was behind that lie, some members jumped on me, just for looking for evidence against the lie.

And I never said anything Troll Patrol posted was wrong, just that he copy and pastes endless articles that it’s more of spamming than actually debating. Not everyone here does that but him.

Posts: 100 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
And after Iberomaurusian and Capsian
settlements and human remains evidence we had the the Garamantes

-

again, see location

Bilal Dogon
Member # 21572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bilal Dogon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

You're even more of an idiot than I thought. Again, must I repeat myself for the 5th time? Read my friggin first post on the second page!!! Are you blind?

And you just totally disregarded the rest of my post where I repeated that I agree with you. And you ignored my response to your question on the books I own. I see that I'm wasting my time talking to you.

Posts: 100 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
And after Iberomaurusian and Capsian
settlements and human remains evidence we had the the Garamantes

-

again, see location

quote:
This relationship may be due to the Central Sahara forming a barrier among groups, despite the archaeological evidence for extended networks of contact.

Sahara: Barrier or corridor? Nonmetric cranial traits and biological affinities of North African late Holocene populations.

Am J Phys Anthropol. 2012 Feb;147(2):280-92. doi: 10.1002/ajpa.21645. Epub 2011 Dec 20.

Leverhulme Centre for Human Evolutionary Studies, Department of Biological Anthropology, University of Cambridge, Fitzwilliam Street, Cambridge, UK.

Minor error, proto Berber is called Berber-Chadic.

Rogerblench,

Issues in the Historical Phonology Issues in the Historical Phonology of Chadic Languages of Chadic Languages H. Ekkehard Wolff Chair: African Languages & Linguistics Leipzig University
http://www.eva.mpg.de/lingua/conference/08_springschool/pdf/course_materials/Wolff_Historical_Phonology.pdf

-

-

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

You're even more of an idiot than I thought. Again, must I repeat myself for the 5th time? Read my friggin first post on the second page!!! Are you blind?

And you just totally disregarded the rest of my post where I repeated that I agree with you. And you ignored my response to your question on the books I own. I see that I'm wasting my time talking to you.

You ask me if I'm blind? No I am not.

Are you?

Figure 6. Principal components analysis of craniofacial dimensions among Late Pleistocene to mid-Holocene populations from the Maghreb and southern Sahara.

Craniometric data from seven human groups (Tables 3, 4) were subjected to principal components analysis, which allies the early Holocene population at Gobero (Gob-e) with mid-Holocene “Mechtoids” from Mali and Mauritania [18], [26], [27] and with Late Pleistocene Iberomaurusians and early Holocene Capsians from across the Maghreb, mid-Holocene (ca. 4000 BP).

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
all this an attempt to steer the thread off Kabyle,, same PC map we've already seen him post 27 times before, spamming
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
all this an attempt to steer the thread off Kabyle

quote:
Mid-Holocene (ca. 4000 BP) Africans vs Gaiseric & The Vandal Conquest of North Africa, 406 - 477 CE. And Germanic Visigoths,19 who had entered from the north in the sixth century.

No it's not an attempt, it's mere show and proof that the Tamazight are indigenous to Africa and the origin is in the South, Sahara-Sahel. That's all.

It also mere shows and proof that the demographic was a altered by foreign people which makes the modern day population segment of the Kabyle not as the ancient population.

The eventual goal is to understand who the ancient population was, isn't it? As I said before the Kabyle is just a subgroup.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Mid-Holocene, see map, Capsian, Northern Algeria/Tunisia.

Then return to thread topic, Kayble, dry period Sahara

HidayaAkade
Member # 20642

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for HidayaAkade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

thanks, lioness

It's better to post nothing at all, than to repeatedly post the wrong info/lies. [Razz]
Posts: 200 | From: Akahara | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HidayaAkade
Member # 20642

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for HidayaAkade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

thanks, lioness

No, what he is saying is that you try to falsely history, and make it into that Africans never entered Northern Africa, this of course as I say again is a lie.

And again, the ancient population from the Magreb came from the South, from the Sahara-Sahel. These people became the first settlers of Northwest Africa. Northeast is a different story. Thou there is a common denominator eventually which can be traced back to the similar root. Yes, also from the South.

I'm a woman by the way [Smile]
Posts: 200 | From: Akahara | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Mid-Holocene, see map, Capsian, Northern Algeria/Tunisia.

Then return to thread topic, Kayble, dry period Sahara

Yes, I have sen the map. Do tell, with whom do these cluster? See, you've answered your own question on the sudden skimming of the Neolithic Maghrebian population

Understand that the Fula and Tuareg are the ancient pastoralists of the Sahara region. In particular Northwest African repopulation.

quote:
In the Sahara, population agglomeration is also evident in certain areas such as the Libyan Fezzan, which (albeit much later) also saw the emergence of an indigenous Saharan “civilization” in the form of the Garamantian Tribal Confederation, the development of which has been described explicitly in terms of adaptation to increased aridity (Brooks, 2006; di Lernia et al., 2002; Mattingly et al., 2003).

--Nick Brooks (2013): Beyond collapse: climate change and causality during the Middle Holocene Climatic Transition, 6400–5000 years before present, Geografisk Tidsskrift-Danish Journal of Geography, 112:2, 93-104

After the mid-Holocene we have sources from the Garamantes and such.

Garamantes are the suggested ancestors of the Tuareg.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

thanks, lioness

I'm a woman by the way [Smile]
My bad, sorry. I looked at the avatar picture. And in rushing I took you for a male poster. Who is using the same image.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

Garamantes are the suggested ancestors of the Tuareg. [/QB]

-

and we can see on the map they, like the Capsians, were Maghrebians and before both of them the Iberomaurusian even further North on the coast, now explain where the South fits in in that context

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I’m a black Canadian, first generation, so am I wrong to say that I’m Canadian because my parents only lived here for 40 years? That’s not right.

I see that you have the interlopers creed down pat.
Clearly you feel that those Albinos in Ottawa are REAL Canadians, the defining authority that is.

Now lets turn that a bit, instead of asking that question of fellow interlopers, what say you go and find a native Canadian Indian and ask the question of them.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Garamantes are the suggested ancestors of the Tuareg.

-

and we can see they. like the Capsians were Maghrebians and both of them before them the Iberomaurusian even further North to the coast, now explain where the South fits in in that context [/QB]

As I have posted before, and will repeat for you again.

The Tuareg and Fula are well known pastoralists.

The South doesn't mean the Eastern part of the Sahara, but as well the Western part.

Hence the paper on Mauritania and West Sahara.

See, I don't like to repeat and explain the same thing over and over. This is why I simply cite and recite.

Because this seems more and more like a stupid joke, of acting ignorant and arrogant.

All the answers are and can be found in the anthropological papers I've posted. You claim to have read.

Remember this one?

-

quote:
The ruins were discovered deep in the desert of Western Sahara
The remains of a prehistoric town dating back 15,000 years have been discovered in the Moroccan-administered territory of Western Sahara.
The Moroccan state media on Thursday said a team of scientists stumbled across the sand-covered ruins of the town Arghilas, deep in the desert of Western Sahara.

The remains of a place of worship, houses and a necropolis, as well as columns and rock engravings depicting animals, were found at the site near the northeastern town of Aousserd.

Significant find

The isolated area is known to be rich in prehistoric rock engravings, but experts said the discovery could be significant if proven that the ruins were of Berber origin as this civilisation is believed to date back only about 9000 years.

"It appears that scientists have come up with the 15,000-year estimate judging by the style of engravings and the theme of the drawings," Mustafa Ouachi, a Rabat-based Berber historian said.

Berbers are the original inhabitants of North Africa before Arabs came to spread Islam in the seventh century.

The population of Western Sahara, seized by Morocco in 1975 when former colonial power Spain pulled out, is mostly of Berber and Arab descent.

http://www.aljazeera.com/archive/2004/08/20084914442080115.html
Bilal Dogon
Member # 21572

quote:
quote:
quote:

Blind and dumb. You cherry-pick what you want to see and ignore the rest.

You're clearly incapable of reading what someone has to say or of conducting unbiased research.

I'm tired of arguing with an idiot over a topic I have no interest in. It's like talking to a child. I'm done.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Blind and dumb. You cherry-pick what you want to see and ignore the rest.

You're clearly incapable of reading what someone has to say or of conducting unbiased research.

I'm tired of arguing with an idiot over a topic I have no interest in. It's like talking to a child. I'm done.

Hmmmm...what exactly did I cherry pic?

What exactly did I ignore?

Mid-Holocene (ca. 4000 BP) Africans vs Gaiseric & The Vandal Conquest of North Africa, 406 - 477 CE. And Germanic Visigoths,19 who had entered from the north in the sixth century?

You never had a solid argument in the first place. And no, you aren't wasting your time. Hence the screen name: Troll Patrol aka Ish Gebor. And the lower bar: pAsidaw SIGILLUM SECRETUM.

Bye,

Rif
Tafarsit
Ichebdanen
Ibuqquyen
Ait Wayagher
Aith 'Ammarth
Igzinnayen
Themsaman
Ait Tuzin
Aith Sa'id
Aith Wurishik
Iqer3ayen.
Ibdarsen
Ait Bouyahyi
Ait Tourish
Iznassen
Ayt Khaled
Ayt Menquch
Ayt Aâtiq
Ayt Urimmech
Chleuh
Ait namann
Ait Baha,
Biougra,
Bouzakern
Tiznit
Zimmur,
Ait Ndhir,
Ait Yusi,
Ait Warayin,
Iziyyan,
Ait Imyill,
Ait Mhand,
Ait Massad,
Ait Sukhman,
Ihansalen,
Ait Siddrat,
Ait 'Atta,
Ait Murghad,
Ait Hadiddu,
Ait Izdig,
Ait 'Ayyash,
Ait Saghrushshn
Ihahan,
Imtuggan,
Iseksawen,
Idemsiren,
Igundafen,
Igedmiwen,
Imsfiwen,
Iglawn,
Ait Wawzgit,
Id aw-Zaddagh,
Ind aw-Zal,
Id aw Zkri,
Isaffen,
Id aw-Kansus,
Isuktan,
Id aw-Tanan,
Ashtuken,
Malen,
Id aw-Ltit,
Ammeln,
Ait 'Ali,
Mjjat,
l-Akhsas,
Ait Ba 'Amran,
Ait n-Nuss.
Kabylie (Algeria)
IFLISSEN OUM EL LIL
MAATKA
AÏT AÏSSI
AÏT IRATEN
AÏT MENGUELLAT
AÏT BETHROUN
AÏT SEDKA
IGOUCHDAL
IFLISSEN LEBHAR
AÏT OUAGUENOUN
AÏT DJENNAD
AÏT IDJER
Beni Ziyyat
Beni Zejel
Beni Selman
Beni Bu Zra (ghomara tmazight speakers)
Beni Mansur
Beni Grir
Beni Smih
Beni Rzin
Sinhaja die tmazight spreken en/of darija
Aith seddat
aith khannus
zarqat
ktama
aith bshir
taghzut
beni bu shibt
Sinhaja (darija speakers).
Beni Gmil
Terguist
Mix Riffijns/Sinhaja
aith mazdui
Rif (darjia)
Bni Bu Frah
Mtiwa
Aith Yittuft
Bargwata
Casa blanca/ rabat
Tunisia
Djerba
Libya
Nefousa
Tuareg ( Sahara-general)
Tamashek
Tinariwen (Mali, Algiers en Mauritania)
Siwa(Egypte)
(Algiers)
Chaouia (North East)(Aurès mountains),
Chenoua (North central to the coast)
Mozabites (North Sahara)
(Tunisia)
Matmata

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
 -

as we can see, of the North not the South, and archaeological evidence supporting that

Hmmmm, this map is not about the origin of the people. It mere shows sites inhabited by Caspians and Iberomaurusian at the Magreb. And it's a from Wikipedia btw, unless you see this as peer reviewed scholarship?

I too find it ironic and a bit frustrating I have to repost the same again. And I truly wonder why it just can't sink into you?

quote:

Craniometric data from seven human groups (Tables 3, 4) were subjected to principal components analysis, which allies the early Holocene population at Gobero (Gob-e) with mid-Holocene “Mechtoids” from Mali and Mauritania [18], [26], [27] and with Late Pleistocene Iberomaurusians and early Holocene Capsians from across the Maghreb

[...]

Principal components analysis of craniometric variables closely allies the early Holocene occupants at Gobero, who were buried with Kiffian material culture, with Late Pleistocene to mid-Holocene humans from the Maghreb and southern Sahara referred to as Iberomaurusians, Capsians and “Mechtoids.”

--Paul C. Sereno
Lakeside Cemeteries in the Sahara: 5000 Years of Holocene Population and Environmental Change

quote:

Frequently termed Mechta-Afalou or Mechtoid, these were a skeletally robust people and definitely African in origin,

[...]

At the opposite end of the chronological spectrum, dental morphology does suggest connections with later Africans, including those responsible for the Capsian Industry (Irish 2000) and early mid-Holocene human remains from the western half of the Sahara (Dutour 1989), something that points to the Maghreb as one of the regions from which people recolonised the desert (MacDonald 1998).

--Lawrence Barham
The First Africans: African Archaeology from the Earliest Toolmakers to Most Recent Foragers (Cambridge World Archaeology)

HidayaAkade
Member # 20642

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for HidayaAkade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Uhh...
I'm a newbie on here and lioness is a troll.
It's not a debate.
Most people on here are not against a debate, but if you do post you gotta be able to back it up.

If you feel lioness is making some valid points, you should expound on it and put forth info.
Second, you dismiss Troll Patrol's posts but is he lying?
Does he have sound info?

Simply listening to one side of the debate is not going to help.

I see your point, and I mostly agree. My problem is that this thread in fact is mostly "North Africans were always black Africans" spiel which I believe is false. What I’m doing is exactly that: looking at two sides of a debate.

I’m on your side (and Troll Patrol’s too but he’s unable to understand that) and I know that black Africans were the early inhabitants of North Africa until they were pushed south later on. But when there have been light-skinned Berbers for hundreds of years, how fair is it to say they’re not true Berbers?

All I’m saying is we should recognize the diversity of North Africa. I’m a newbie too but I’ve read old threads on the forum before I joined. And I don’t necessarily say lioness is always trolling. She does at times post things from another perspective that some members don’t want to see just because it possibly shows blacks were not always dominant in all regions of Africa.

Since my first post here, I see that some specific members fail to look at things critically, and ignore any research that goes against what they believe, calling this “Eurocentric lies” or trolls. Example: I was called a Eurocentric white troll here only because I asked a question about the head of King Narmer. The fact that I asked the question of why some ignorant people would label it a 25th century fraud (which I specifically said was false) and what the story was behind that lie, some members jumped on me, just for looking for evidence against the lie.

And I never said anything Troll Patrol posted was wrong, just that he copy and pastes endless articles that it’s more of spamming than actually debating. Not everyone here does that but him.

I have no beef with you but implying she posts things for different perspective is bull.
Look through this site.
She posts the same things inaccurate things over and over and gets debunked.
Every Week.
That's why nobody has patience or respect for her.

As for North Africans, can we all agree on these facts?

North Africa was filled with Indigenous Africans (as all of Africa was).
The indigenous population was pushed south and/or intermixed with Non-Africans over centuries.

Which is melting pot we have now.

Fact.

As for Light skinned Berbers, that's possible because it is well within African diversity to produce it.

However posting the light skinned, admixed people of today is inaccurate.

Also the comparison of being Black Canadian is off the mark.

You are a Canadian, yes but you are of modern extraction.
You are not of indigenous ancestry, correct?

I'm African American and my ancestors have been here for centuries but no matter how long I am here my people will never be indigenous and cannot be used to portray the indigenous people of this country.

Same goes for European Americans and anyone who is not Native- American.

That goes for you and everyone else in the North American/ South American countries and inbetween.

Modern Day Africa is diverse but when we are discussing the INDIGENOUS people, all the modern day non-Africans and their heavily mixed offspring are not included because they are not the original people/ nor represent them aesthetically.

Understand?

-

HidayaAkade
Member # 20642

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HidayaAkade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*delete*
HidayaAkade
Member # 20642

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HidayaAkade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*delete*
HidayaAkade
Member # 20642

Rate Member
*delete*
HidayaAkade
Member # 20642

Rate Member
*delete*
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
HidayaAkade
knows zero about the Kabyle

quote:

North Africa was filled with Indigenous Africans (as all of Africa was).
The indigenous population was pushed south and/or intermixed with Non-Africans over centuries.

Which is melting pot we have now.

Fact.

As for Light skinned Berbers, that's possible because it is well within African diversity to produce it.

However posting the light skinned, admixed people of today is inaccurate.

^^^ dumb
HidayaAkade
Member # 20642

Rate Member
quote:
HidayaAkade

That makes 2 of us. [Big Grin]
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
HidayaAkade

How would someone who knows nothing about the Kabyle know if someone else who posted about them knew nothing about the Kabyle, answer> dumbness
HidayaAkade
Member # 20642

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
HidayaAkade

How would someone who knows nothing about the Kabyle know if someone else who posted about them knew nothing about the Kabyle, answer> dumbness
I'm sorry KNOWLEDGEABLE one, how dare I question your cut and paste knowledge.

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
[qb]  -

Hmmmm, this map is not about the origin of the people. It mere shows sites inhabited by Caspians and Iberomaurusian at the Magreb. And it's a from Wikipedia btw, unless you see this as peer reviewed scholarship?

I too find it ironic and a bit frustrating I have to repost the same again. And I truly wonder why it just can't sink into you?

You love reposting, stop it.

You misread these articles

And if a map came from wikipedia and I use it to show that the Iberomaurusians settlements were along the coast of North Africa it is a waste of time to say that it is wrong because it came from wikipedia.
Unless you are saying that Iberomaurusians did not come from coastal North Africa then dont bother attacking wikipedia unless you can prove the information wrong, thats ad hominem

CNET News Consumer services
December 15, 2005 3:35 PM PST

Study: Wikipedia as accurate as Britannica

http://news.cnet.com/2100-1038_3-5997332.html

-

Seven trans-Saharan populations cluster together, whereas Late Pleistocene Aterians (Ater) and the mid-Holocene population at Gobero (Gob-m) are striking outliers.

(the part you left out)

Iberomaurusians are not Kiffians and Tenerians are not Capsians
Iberomaurusians lasted over 9,000 years in the Maghreb.
-and their culture ended 9,000 years ago also.
Sereno notes differeneces and similarities between the morpholgies of these cultures. But he does not say because of similarities that the Iberomaurusians were Sahelians

Sereno 2008

These early occupants abandon the area under arid conditions and, when humid conditions return ~4600 B.C.E., are replaced by a more gracile people with elaborated grave goods including animal bone and ivory ornaments.

Population replacement after a harsh arid hiatus is the most likely explanation for the occupational sequence at Gobero.

Arid interruption. Early and mid-Holocene occupation phases 2 and 3 at Gobero are separated in time by a barren interval (6200–5200 B.C.E), which is associated with a period of severe aridification recorded across the Sahara.

Population replacement. Population replacement rather than gradual phenotypic evolution best explains the distinctive craniofacial morphology and funerary practices of the human occupants during phases 2 and 3 in the early and mid-Holocene, respectively, particularly considering the relatively short intervening occupational hiatus.

The origin of Iberomaurusiens in north- west Africa

Origins of the Iberomaurusian in NW Africa: New AMS radiocarbon dating of the Middle and Later Stone Age deposits at Taforalt Cave, Morocco 2013

.N.E. Barton et al.

This study showed that there is no cultural continuity between iberomaurusienne industry and the one before . Thus, in the northwest of Africa the transition between the Middle Paleolithic and Upper Paleolithic corresponds to the arrival of a lamellar industry around 22,000 years driven by population growth sub- clades of mitochondrial haplogroup U6 . Remains whether this event is related to the arrival of a new population in the Maghreb following the disappearance of Middle Paleolithic cultures or not, and if it is linked to climate change.

you don't understand continuity and repalcement issues as well as ending points of these cultures

The topic is Kayble. If you can't tie these things to them you are straying from the topic.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Your post above is a mess, and inordinate.then you go grab a 2005 article from cnet? To prove what?

For this extreme dumb person, go and reread my post.

I cited as it says Gobero (Gob-e) not Gob-m.

I am speaking of:

Gobero (Gob-e)

Gobero (Gob-e)

Gobero (Gob-e)

Gobero (Gob-e)

Gobero (Gob-e)

Gobero (Gob-e)

Gobero (Gob-e)

Got it!

quote:
"No southwest Asian specific clades for M1 or U6 were discovered. U6 and M1 frequencies in North Africa, the Middle East and Europe do not follow similar patterns, and their sub-clade divisions do not appear to be compatible with their shared history reaching back to the Early Upper Palaeolithic."

--Erwan Pennarun et al. Divorcing the Late Upper Palaeolithic demographic histories of mtDNA haplogroups M1 and U6 in Africa, BMC Evolutionary Biology 2012, 12:234
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
see thread topic Kabyle not Gobero ( Kiffians.Tenerians)

Got it!

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
see thread topic Kabyle not Gobero ( Kiffians.Tenerians)

Got it!

No I don't get it, the ancient Gobero population was inhabited by proto Tamazight, known as the ancestors of the Tuareg and till this day the Tuareg have settled this place.

The Tuareg are Tamazight pastoralists. Which is the key to all these questions.

The Kabyle are a YOUNG subgroup amongst the Tamazight.

Those who inhabited the Magreb originate at the South, what is now known as the Sahara and Sahel.

You are pathetic.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
U6 likely originated as a small pock somewhere at the Horn-East Africa. Even in Kenya. It's found there too.

There are no complications.

quote:
"No southwest Asian specific clades for M1 or U6 were discovered. U6 and M1 frequencies in North Africa, the Middle East and Europe do not follow similar patterns, and their sub-clade divisions do not appear to be compatible with their shared history reaching back to the Early Upper Palaeolithic."

--Erwan Pennarun et al. Divorcing the Late Upper Palaeolithic demographic histories of mtDNA haplogroups M1 and U6 in Africa, BMC Evolutionary Biology 2012, 12:234

quote:

Recent genetic studies based on the distribution of mtDNA of haplogroup U6 have led to subtly different theories regarding the arrival of modern human populations in North Africa.

One proposes that groups of the proto-U6 lineage spread from the Near East to North Africa around 40–45 ka (thousands of years ago), followed by some degree of regional continuity.

Another envisages a westward human migration from the Near East, followed by further demographic expansion at ∼22 ka centred on the Maghreb and associated with a microlithic bladelet culture known as the Iberomaurusian.

In evaluating these theories, we report on the results of new work on the Middle (MSA) and Later Stone (LSA) Age deposits at Taforalt Cave in Morocco.

We present 54 AMS radiocarbon dates on bone and charcoals from a sequence of late MSA and LSA occupation levels of the cave. Using Bayesian modelling we show that an MSA non-Levallois flake industry was present until ∼24.5 ka Cal BP (calibrated years before present), followed by a gap in occupation and the subsequent appearance of an LSA Iberomaurusian industry from at least 21,160 Cal BP.

The new dating offers fresh light on theories of continuity versus replacement of populations as presented by the genetic evidence.

We examine the implications of these data for interpreting the first appearance of the LSA in the Maghreb and providing comparisons with other dated early blade and bladelet industries in North Africa.

--R.N.E. Barton

Origins of the Iberomaurusian in NW Africa: New AMS radiocarbon dating of the Middle and Later Stone Age deposits at Taforalt Cave, Morocco

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

prove it
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

prove it
I already did. I did it throughout the entire thread.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

prove it
I already did. I did it throughout the entire thread.
No you didn't
you gave no indication of the beginning point of the Kabyle in the thread. You've been off on tangents

example of games:

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Son of Ra:
Aren't the Kabyle a recent Berber group?

What do you mean by recent?

Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

-

Below another berber woman, a little similar to the woman above
yet of a type that looks like no other person I've seen before.
Could [she] be a descndant of the Capsian or Iberomaurusian.

All I can say is she does not look like other Africans to me - or anyone else.

quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
All this talk of the prehistoric presence of anatomically modern humans in North Africa and specifically the Maghreb remind me of certain populations in the area some of which are relatively isolated who exhibit robust cranio-facial features ...

If you can get the book

Imazighen: The Vanishing Traditions of Berber Women

Margaret Courtney-Clarke; Geraldine Brooks

New York: C. Potter, 1996

it's got at least one pic of an
archaic admixed looking woman in
the mountain fastnesses. I've never
seen the type anywhere else in print
or the 'net. It's either overlooked
(intentionally ?) or it's very rare.

It's one of the books of my now
lost personal library. I'll try and
find it and scan the relevant pics.

OK here it is (finally)

-

^^^ however I don't know if she is supposed to be from Algeria or is Kabyle.
She does have that same long faces and high cheekbones, could pass for the woman before her's grandmother

Please people keep it on the Kabyle topic, not berber general, thanks

Wow, a lot of contradictory statements in a single
post. Guess you don't know what you mean yourself.
[Confused]
Since the woman is a Tamazight African of course
she looks African, duh, you even compared her to
another Tamazight as grandmother and grandchild.

Why yes I surmised the womans physical continuity
with pre-Berber littoral and Atlas North Africans in
the Modern Day North Africans who Exhibit 'Archaic'
Features
thread and in the very next post there I
also gave out her residence. However she left her
hometown elsewhere to marry an Ait Mgoun man.
GOOGLing Ait Mgoun returns a map which can be
unzoomed to see where it is in reference to Kabylie.

In the future if you want to find out about something I post ASK ME.

Swenet was sharp enough to notice that facial bone
structure in a Levantine male skull presumably archaic
-- epipaleolithic/Neolithic (?).

quote:
Originally posted by Swenet:
 -

Prehistoric Levantine skull. Compare the tall maxilla and somewhat flaring zygomatic arches they have in common.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tukuker:

Why yes I surmised.....

-

-

you can tell an original Tamazight from a Sub Saharan who only integrated into Tamazight culture in recent times.
An original Tamazight is light skinned with straight hair as we see above

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Why yes I surmised.....

-

-

you can tell an original Tamazight from a Sub Saharan who only integrated into Tamazight culture in recent times.
An original Tamazight is light skinned with straight hair as we see above

Ha,ha,ha,ha:

Still trying to pass-off Mulattoes as original Africans I see.

He,he,he,he: No dear, there is no such a Race as Mulatto or Mediterranean.

Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha.

Damn you're stupid!

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Amun-Ra The Ultimate:
It would be important IMO to also have the Y-DNA analysis of those ancient Iberomaurusian remains, not just the MtDNA side. There's none as far as I know (if you have them, post them).

If we take into account the sex-biased genetic structuring and the heterogeneity of modern Berber, from the same region. It would be important to compare those with the Y-DNA analysis of those Iberomaurusian remains.

From what I recall, Ancient Iberomaurusian remains certainly seem to have some Eurasian genes in them from a very ancient time, including European ones (mtDNA) from the Iberian peninsula. Iberomaurusian culture seems to be restricted to the Maghreb/NorthWestern African region. Usually, as mentioned by archeological literature, any geographical regions are inhabited by various populations and lineages even in those times (late paleolithic, early Holocene). Iberomaurusian have been preceded by Aterian (of African origin) and succeed by Caspian (of unknown origin). As often mentioned those are rough/crude categorization, possibly hiding intra and inter population diversity and the lack of archeological research. It's still very speculative. In archeological literature, it's also not clear if there's continuity between those various ancient archeological culture and any modern descendant populations or population replacement. Although imo, Iberomaurusian seems to be related to many Berber populations.

We know Berber populations have a low nucleotide diversity and are example of sex-biased genetic structuring. Probably the (sex biased) interbreeding of groups from different geographical origin. At the very least, one basal Eurasian (MtDNA HUV) grouping, one basal African/East African (E-M215)/E-M81) grouping. Is it the same situation with the Iberomaurusian remains? It's hard to know without the Y-DNA counterpart.

(I'm also interested to know **when** did the high level of "genetic drift" happened. We know Berber populations have a low nucleotide diversity and are example of sex-biased genetic structuring. There's also a high level of heterogeneity between various Berber population from different regions. With a very high level of East African basal E-M215 and a relatively high level of Eurasian basal MtDNA (HUV). So at the very least, 2 groups from different ancient origin met and interbreed with each other. There was also a strong genetic drift/founding effect. So the genetic structuring/composition we have now, was probably different at one point in the past. A founder effect before their arrival in North Africa, could explain the lack of genetic diversity. A small group of people leaving a larger group with only a fraction of the genetic diversity of the larger group. The high level of "genetic drift" could also have happened after their arrival in the Maghreb (conflicts, famine, diseases, other selective pressure, random genetic drifting, all of the above, etc). I'm not sure which one is more plausible. So for me, it's not clear if Berber lost their genetic diversity before their arrival in North Africa or afterward )

If anything, the study of Iberomaurusian remains MtDNA in the Maghreb, seem to confirm a very ancient female biased Eurasian descendant presence (MtDNA HUV) in Africa (possibly alongside African Y-DNA presence, judging by the Berber). There was probably other related or unrelated groups in the regions which will be possibly clarified with further archeological studies. The lack of archeological ventures in Africa will always limit any big picture analysis of Ancient populations. Archeologists and historians speculate with the little they have, which must always be kept in mind when we try to speculate on a full picture. [/qb]

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

quote:

Why yes I surmised.....

quote:

Since the woman is a Tamazight African of course
she looks African, duh

-

^^^ original white of Africa

-

^^^^ descendant

quote:
Originally posted by dana marniche:
WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE SHOW OR NAME ME A BLACK PEOPLE IN AFRICA WITH MOSTLY STRAIGHT HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BEFORE I GO CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol!

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

-

Most Khoisans have varying degrees of bantu admixture, nevertheless disregard anything Mike says, in retarded fashion he calls Khosians of the above complexion "mulatto"

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
 -

-

Most Khoisans have varying degrees of bantu admixture, nevertheless disregard anything Mike says, in retarded fashion he calls Khosians of the above complexion "mulatto"

Coloured

In the South African, Namibian, Zambian, Botswana and Zimbabwean context, the term Coloured (also known as Bruinmense, Kleurlinge or Bruin Afrikaners in Afrikaans) refers to a heterogeneous ethnic group who possess ancestry from Europe and various Khoisan and Bantu tribes of Southern Africa. Besides the extensive combining of these diverse heritages in the Western Cape — in which a distinctive Cape Coloured and affiliated Cape Malay culture developed — in other parts of Southern Africa, their development has usually been the result of the meeting of two distinct groups. Genetic studies suggest the group has the highest levels of mixed ancestry in the world. However, the maternal (female) contribution to the Coloured population, measured by mitochondrial DNA studies, was found to come mostly from the Khoisan population.

In KwaZulu-Natal, most Coloureds come from British and Zulu heritage,[citation needed] while Zimbabwean Coloureds come from Shona or Ndebele mixing with British and Afrikaner settlers. Griqua, on the other hand, are descendants of Khoisan and Afrikaner Trekboers. Despite these major differences, the fact that they draw parentage from more than one naturalised racial group means that they are coloured in the southern African context. Such people did not necessarily self-identify this way; some preferred to call themselves black or Khoisan or just South African. The history of racial segregation and labelling in South Africa and neighbouring countries has meant that the governments placed all such mixed race people in a certain relationship together. The imperial and apartheid governments categorized them as Coloureds. In addition, other ethnic groups also traditionally viewed them as a separate group.

During the apartheid era, in order to keep divisions and maintain a race-focused society, the government used the term Coloured to describe one of the four main racial groups identified by law: Blacks, Whites, Coloureds and Indians. (All four terms were capitalised in apartheid-era law.)

Many Griqua began to self-identify as Coloureds during the apartheid era. There were certain advantages in becoming classified as Coloured. For example, Coloureds did not have to carry a dompas (an identity document designed to limit the movements of the non-white populace), while the Griqua, who were seen as another indigenous African group, did.

Coloured people constitute a plurality of the population in the Western Cape (48.8%) and a large minority in the Northern Cape (40.3%) and Eastern Cape (8.3%) provinces. Most speak Afrikaans, while about twenty percent of Coloureds speak English as their mother tongue, mostly in the Eastern Cape and KwaZulu-Natal. However, virtually all Cape Town Coloureds are bilingual. Some can comfortably codeswitch between Kaapse taal (a creolized dialect of Afrikaans spoken mostly in the Cape Flats) and suiwer Afrikaans (formal Afrikaans as taught at school), and English.

Lioness, I know that I'm beginning to sound like a broken record But......

Damn you're stupid!

KING please don't think me cruel, but come-on, she asks for it, nah, Begs for it!

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Mike thinks these people are 'Coloured' South Africans

Idiot these are indigenous

-
 -

These are 'Coloured'

-

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^Ya, they all look the same.

And the Afrikaners never fuched bush women.

He,he,he,he:

Damn you're stupid!

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com