EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Kemet » Nick Cannon Cancelled for antisemitism (Page 17)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19   
Author Topic: Nick Cannon Cancelled for antisemitism
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for filling out my shriner name drop.

First really noted them in the 80s when an
imam hipped me they were the masonic creme
de la creme but their cosplay was actually
anti-Islamic and shoed me a pic of shriners
riding mini-bikes.

Masonry doesn't allow making fun of
any of their 'caveated' belief systems.
Can't recall if he or some other source
taught me they did some big children's
charity.

J Edgar being shriner would be no hush
hush. It shows he'd made it, the Dawg
runnin wi da Big Boyz, one in the Club
of America's, indeed the world's, finest.

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/25/us/25shrine.html

https://www.fredericknewspost.com/opinion/letter_to_editor/shriners-hospital-ads-dont-tell-the-whole-story/article_831b690c-75ba-5c26-a5b5-03a5a511224d.html

=-=-=

And a legacy of segregation, separate but equal,
and white backlash; how very Red White and Blue.

In 1872, for fun and charity, the white Masons started a fraternity called the Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine. The black Masons formed their own Shrine group in 1893, the Ancient Egyptian Arabic Order Mystic Shrine. Both groups referred to their chapters as "temples." Both called their leader "imperial potentate."

They coexisted, sometimes in the same cities, for at least two decades. But then, the lawsuits began. In 1914, a white Georgia lodge tried to bar a black lodge from imitating its name, constitution titles, emblems and regalia. The same then happened in Arkansas. When a white Houston group sued its local black counterpart in 1918, the case expanded to include Shriner groups throughout the United States and landed in the U.S. Supreme Court.

The legal battle lasted more than a decade.

On June 3, 1929, the Supreme Court concluded that even though the black Shriners formed their group out of imitation, the white Shriners knew about the group's existence and didn't take legal action for years.

In fact, evidence showed that the white groups sold their paraphernalia to black groups for ceremonial use. The black Shriners were not trying to pass themselves off as white Shriners and it was too late for the whites to claim the symbols as exclusively theirs. The black Shriners celebrate this decision every year. They call it the Jubilee Day.

Eighty years later, Tampa's historically-black Harram Temple has no white members. The spokesman for the local historically-white Egypt Shrine doesn't think his group has any black members. Both groups say they would welcome a member of the other race.

The racial divide happens naturally, not by exclusion, says Hillsborough County Judge Eric R. Myers, an officer in the black Shriners group. Think of college fraternities and sororities. Think of sons following in their fathers' footsteps.

"Think about it across the board in a lot of organizations," he says. "Churches — come on, let's be real."

Myers, who is slated to become the chief of the worldwide black Shriners group in eight years, said he was in charge of the local temple in 1995 when he met a member with the white Shriners temple.

"Nobody had ever really talked to one another," Myers said.

The white Shriners invited the black Shriners to their circus, and the tradition has continued ever since. The black Shriners are also nationwide contributors to Shriners Hospitals, the major philanthropy of the historically-white group.

Eight years ago, the worldwide leaders of the white Shriners invited the leaders of the black group to their headquarters to trade ideas about attracting members and working together, remembers Jack Jones, imperial potentate for the historically-white group. That meeting concluded with an agreement that members of both groups could visit each others' temples throughout the organizations.

"We do have good discourse with them," Jones says. "They work toward the betterment of mankind as well as we do."

There are no serious discussions to fuse the two. What would happen to all those guys in line to become imperial potentate?

"If you come together," said Warren Spears, spokesman for the worldwide black Shriners, "that means somebody's going to be on the short end."

Expect to see much of what you saw three years ago in Tampa starting on Aug. 13 and lasting approximately a week. The city will be covered with red fezzes.

The Daughters of Isis, the female counterpart to the black Shriners, will celebrate its 100th anniversary here during the convention. They're all planning service projects. Ybor City's Seventh Avenue will make way for a huge parade.

And one of those days, maybe, the leaders of the black Shriners will visit the historically-white Shriners headquarters in Tampa to trade ideas again.

The white Shriners say they plan to extend an invitation.

Contributed by Christopher Hodapp at 12/06/2009

http://www.aeaonms.org/divan_officers.htm

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the Moorish Science Temple's break down on Fezes and Turbans in the temple:

https://www.moorsinamerica.com/2018/09/science-behind-moorish-american-fez-and.html

(more at link on turbans etc)

-

Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Yatunde Lisa:
quote:
That is correct. I remember this incident a few years back, with some if I recall it correct, Nigerian woman criticizing ADOS women for wearing ethnic clothes, for having it mixed up with several cultures.
I swear I truly believe that some Africans criticize ADOS out of pure jealousy.. We took lemons and made it lemonade.. We are ADOS the incredible, fascinating, and it's exactly because we are an amalgamation of many different tribes and peoples. And because in the face of racist terrorism ADOS has had to push the outer limits on achievement, culture and art.

At the same time I am humbled by the beauty of West African cultures.... I gotta respect

"I swear I truly believe that some Africans criticize ADOS out of pure jealousy."

That is based on media propaganda and detachment of both groups. If we look at it critically.

I have no idea what the history and origin is of Lemouroudji.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SIxhK_jZPs

"In Praise of Red Drink: The Origin Story Behind Soul Food's Most Iconic Beverage

Referred to as 'liquid soul,' red drink is not just a color, it's a flavor—and one whose supremacy is being challenged by a rising purple drink contingent.
[...]
The first is hibiscus tea. Hibiscus is a plant native to West Africa, and its flower petals are used to make a tea called bissap—a hospitality drink that remains popular in several countries to this day. Depending upon the color of the fresh or dried flower petals used, hibiscus tea can range from cranberry-red to magenta-purple. As late as the 1700s, enslaved West Africans cultivated the plant in Jamaica, where a similar drink to bissap is called sorrel. As in West Africa, the hibiscus plant blooms around Christmastime in the Caribbean and is a popular holiday drink. Over time, hibiscus tea spread throughout the Caribbean and Latin America, where it is also known today as agua de Jamaica (Jamaica water). If you ever ordered that drink at a taco stand or bought some Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger tea, you tasted West Africa.

The other traditional drink is kola (also spelled cola) nut tea. You may be thinking that every cola drink you’ve ever had was brown, not red. True, but look at the ingredients on any cola drink that we have in the U.S. and you’ll notice a caramel coloring. Kola nuts are red or white, and like hibiscus, West Africans use them as a sign of hospitality. "

Firstwefeast.com

Posts: 22244 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! I didn't know that.thanks!!👌👌👌
Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is good detail because many think "red drink" is only some sort of
sugared kool-aid liked by black people in "the hood."

--------------------
Note: I am not an "Egyptologist" as claimed by some still bitter, defeated, trolls creating fake profiles and posts elsewhere. Hapless losers, you still fail. My output of hard data debunking racist nonsense has actually INCREASED since you began..

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by zarahan aka Enrique Cardova:
This is good detail because many think "red drink" is only some sort of
sugared kool-aid liked by black people in "the hood."

quote:
Originally posted by Thereal:
Wow! I didn't know that.thanks!!👌👌👌

I am partly vegan, I've been following this fam and it's beautiful to see the reconnection.

Ghetto Vegans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjOFl6eBKhY&t=595s

Posts: 22244 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What have you seen in your web travels that would be good links to
African vegans, African herbals in action for nutrition and healing,
and African holistic health alternatives to current paradigms? There seem
to be a lot of people out there slapping an "African" label on products or
claims but you have to wonder what is authentic or not.

--------------------
Note: I am not an "Egyptologist" as claimed by some still bitter, defeated, trolls creating fake profiles and posts elsewhere. Hapless losers, you still fail. My output of hard data debunking racist nonsense has actually INCREASED since you began..

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
What have you seen in your web travels that would be good links to
African vegans, African herbals in action for nutrition and healing,
and African holistic health alternatives to current paradigms? There seem
to be a lot of people out there slapping an "African" label on products or
claims but you have to wonder what is authentic or not.

I don't focus a lot on the holistic lifestyle. I focus on fitness, wellness and weight lifting, that is where I get my health prospect from. This overall means eating and drinking healthy in the right dosages.
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
 -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq-BAI5hag0

-

There's injustices and a slow systemic genocide going right in America, against Back Americans. So I don't understand your post here.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The theme of the thread is Nick Cannon Cancelled for antisemitism, so related to that is this video he did a little while later with a Rabbi and Reverend and discuss various things including this book they wrote together. 350 Nigerian Christians were massacred in the first two months of 2020. Over 11,500 Christians have been murdered since June 2015. Four to five million Christians are displaced. 2000 churches were destroyed.

https://www.genocidewatch.com/single-post/2020/04/13/nigeria-is-a-killing-field-of-defenseless-christians

Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
The theme of the thread is Nick Cannon Cancelled for antisemitism, so related to that is this video he did a little while later with a Rabbi and Reverend and discuss various things including this book they wrote together. 350 Nigerian Christians were massacred in the first two months of 2020. Over 11,500 Christians have been murdered since June 2015. Four to five million Christians are displaced. 2000 churches were destroyed.

https://www.genocidewatch.com/single-post/2020/04/13/nigeria-is-a-killing-field-of-defenseless-christians

I still don’t see what the topic has to do with Nigerians, while this is about Black Americans? But since you decided to post about Nigerians. How about the mistreatment of Nigerian immigrants and other Black demographics in Israel? When you’re done answering that, can you elaborate on the systemic injustices done to Black Americans in present day. More Black Americans have died in the last 6 years, due to socioeconomic injustices than 11,500 Christians that have been murdered since June 2015 in Nigeria. Perhaps this comes as a surprise to you, but most Black Americans never have set foot in Nigeria.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Don't be hypocritical you just were posting here about veganism and Hibiscus.
And here you are re-posting the image you are complaining about a second time into the thread

Shall I start a collection of off topic posts in this thread?

I noticed a lot of stuff in this thread about Jewish history having nothing to do with what Nick Cannon said

Anyway, sorry about posting on those Nigerians getting killed. It was off topic

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
And here you are re-posting the image you are complaining about a second time into the thread

Shall I start a collection of of topic posts in this thread?

I noticed a lot of stuff in this thread about Jewish history having nothing to do with what Nick Cannon said

I have a good argument for doing that, since it was about African Americans ADOS culture and legacy. And I responded to that. And practically everything was within the topic pertaining ADOS Americans. However, the killings of Nigerian Christians was not that. (It's horrible, but has in no way anything to do with the topic). Speaking of West Africa:

quote:
"Cooper is an English surname originating in England;[1] see Cooper (profession). Occasionally it is an Americanized or Anglicized form of the German surname Kiefer. Cooper is the 4th most common surname in Liberia and 35th most common in England.[2]"
Now, I'd like for you to address the ADOS hostility you have.
Tazarah
Why are you stalking my social media?
Member # 23365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tazarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
@Ish Geber

I have noticed that she (the lioness) definitely holds a good amount of hostility toward ADOS or anybody who she believes to be ADOS. What do you know about her background?

Posts: 2545 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Tazarah:
@Ish Geber

I have noticed that she (the lioness) definitely holds a good amount of hostility toward ADOS or anybody who she believes to be ADOS. What do you know about her background?

It's obscure, but we know that he/she is not ADOS. This person also lied on being from Africa.

Anyway, it appear there's a lot of people with the surname Cooper in Liberia.

I also recall the incident in Central Park with the Coopers, about 2 years ago.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ish Geber:
quote:

Shall I start a collection of of topic posts in this thread?

I have a good argument for doing that, since it was about African Americans ADOS culture and legacy. And I responded to that. And practically everything was within the topic pertaining ADOS Americans. However, the killings of Nigerian Christians was not that. (It's horrible, but has in no way anything to do with the topic). Speaking of West Africa:

quote:
"Cooper is an English surname originating in England;[1] see Cooper (profession). Occasionally it is an Americanized or Anglicized form of the German surname Kiefer. Cooper is the 4th most common surname in Liberia and 35th most common in England.[2]"
Now, I'd like for you to address the ADOS hostility you have.

the topic of this thread is Nick Cannon being cancelled from Viacom for alleged antisemitism

The topic is not that Nick Cannon is a descendant of slaves, the ADOS movement or Jewish history in general, veganism or Hibiscus tea
Similarly as you pointed out the topic not about the persecution of Christians in Nigeria and I had made only one post on that but the post wasn't only on that it was also to point out that Nick had another post-cancellation meeting with a rabbi

Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First off
this is Yatunde Lisa's thread.
No one has the right to curtail it if she doesn't.

Secondly how can Judaism and the misnomer anti-semitism
(a German invented the term to describe a people in their
midst who spoke a re-lexified Indo-European language)
ever be separated?

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
the topic of this thread is Nick Cannon being cancelled from Viacom for alleged antisemitism

The topic is not that Nick Cannon is a descendant of slaves, the ADOS movement or Jewish history in general, veganism or Hibiscus tea

As you yourself said, Nick is ADOS of Jewish Sephardic descent, which I agree with. And Yatunde Lisa mentioned beverages by ADOS tradition, so I expounded on that by showing the root of these beverages, how ADOS took that with them to America. Veganism is an important factor in Hebrew culture as kosher foods as does the Hibiscus tea. So I don't see what the issue is?

quote:

Similarly as you pointed out the topic not about the persecution of Christians in Nigeria and I had made only one post on that but the post wasn't only on that it was also to point out that Nick had another post-cancellation meeting with a rabbi

The rabbi better could have invested time in addressing socioeconomic ADOS issues and Liberian-international economic polices, considering he has a lot of "relatives" there. Maybe he has, and you didn't post about it? Instead you randomly posted about some "Jihad" in Nigeria that ADOS have nothing to do with and know nothing about. What's the purpose for this aggressive advertisement?

I am not the only one who has noticed your ongoing persecution of ADOS. I happen to be the one to address this.

Member # 15718

The rabbi better could have invested time in addressing socioeconomic ADOS issues and Liberian-international economic polices,

I would have to agree in part for both of them, The whole thing seems
like a sort of "performance" so as to smooth things over so Nick
can get his show back. Its like some of these people who are now
"taking a knee" against police abuse. Some are genuine folk learning
about the issue, but others seem to have been missing in action /silent
for years prior, and only emerged when it became trendy/ popular or the
cameras were rolling for "performative" video/photo ops to be posted.

You also have to wonder if Nick on his end will do more to boost ADOS
business, justice initiatives etc.. He's made
millions "wildin out"..

Re the jihad, I think it more has to do with another rabbi meeting
and Nick. What better way to soothe troubled waters? Nick's "outreach"
strategy seems to have worked because he is back in bidniss.

--------------------

Member # 15718

quote:
quote:
None of the reparations payments above comes close to compensating the groups
for what they lost. The Japanese for example lost homes, businesses, jobs, etc.
$20,000 per head is chump change. Likewise the Indians who lost
resources valued in the trillions. Just the gold value taken out of the Black
Hills in the 1800s massive dwarfs the paltry $105 million for the Sioux.
The Alaska natives got a larger settlement, (working out to about $12,000
per head for the 80,000 enrolled natives}, but the outcome has
been a mixed bag, per some native critics- with long delayed land
distribution and tens of millions of the settlement monies
tied up in litigation, and that same litigation crippling operations of
some of the native-run corporations set up to administer the trust funds.
All bad? No, SOME corporations have been successful and have provided
jobs and benefits in vast, barren icy territories that had little going for them.
Others have had severe problems.

Asian countries benefited from the Marshall Plan as well. Let's call in a major investment plan for a lack of words.
Marshall Plan was more Europe. Asia got some aid but this was not
so much compensation for the wrongs done to the people as general aid
and investment. Matter of fact the biggest victims of Japan's aggression
China, waived reparations.

------------------------------------------- ------------
" In the Joint Communiqué of the Government of Japan and the Government of the People's Republic of China (1972), the People's Republic of China renounced its demand for war reparations from Japan. In the Soviet–Japanese Joint Declaration of 1956, the Soviet Union waived its rights to reparations from Japan, and both Japan and the Soviet Union waived all reparations claims arising from war. Additionally, Ceylon (now Sri Lanka), under President J. R. Jayewardene, declined war reparations from Japan."[16]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_reparations#Japan

--------------------

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
The rabbi better could have invested time in addressing socioeconomic ADOS issues and Liberian-international economic polices,

millions "wildin out"..

From what I understand Nick does employ people. I have no actual numbers.

For the other issue. I recall to have heard of Michelle Obama traveling to red States, to counter the Trump Admin rhetoric. They used the same tactics the GOP used with Steve Bannon.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
None of the reparations payments above comes close to compensating the groups
for what they lost. The Japanese for example lost homes, businesses, jobs, etc.
$20,000 per head is chump change. Likewise the Indians who lost
resources valued in the trillions. Just the gold value taken out of the Black
Hills in the 1800s massive dwarfs the paltry $105 million for the Sioux.
The Alaska natives got a larger settlement, (working out to about $12,000
per head for the 80,000 enrolled natives}, but the outcome has
been a mixed bag, per some native critics- with long delayed land
distribution and tens of millions of the settlement monies
tied up in litigation, and that same litigation crippling operations of
some of the native-run corporations set up to administer the trust funds.
All bad? No, SOME corporations have been successful and have provided
jobs and benefits in vast, barren icy territories that had little going for them.
Others have had severe problems.

Asian countries benefited from the Marshall Plan as well. Let's call it a major investment plan for a lack of words.
Marshall Plan was more Europe. Asia got some aid but this was not
so much compensation for the wrongs done to the people as general aid
and investment. Matter of fact the biggest victims of Japan's aggression
China, waived reparations.

------------------------------------------- ------------
" In the Joint Communiqué of the Government of Japan and the Government of the People's Republic of China (1972), the People's Republic of China renounced its demand for war reparations from Japan. In the Soviet–Japanese Joint Declaration of 1956, the Soviet Union waived its rights to reparations from Japan, and both Japan and the Soviet Union waived all reparations claims arising from war. Additionally, Ceylon (now Sri Lanka), under President J. R. Jayewardene, declined war reparations from Japan."[16]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_reparations#Japan

The Mashall plan helped Asian countries to restore, THAT IS A HISTORICAL FACT! How else do you think they became such strong economic stronghold? smh Black people globally got the boot.

-
National Archives – Japan – National Security Council. Central Intelligence Agency.
(09/18/1947 – 12/04/1981).

https://motto.media/2017/02/13/film-national-archives-japan-1960/

Economic Aid for Asia; A Marshall Plan for Asian Countries Favored to Stop Communism

See the article in its original context from
June 4, 1949, Page 12

https://www.nytimes.com/1949/06/04/archives/economic-aid-for-asia-a-marshall-plan-for-asian-countries-favored.html

A JAPANESE MARSHALL PLAN

May 3, 1987

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/business/1987/05/03/a-japanese-marshall-plan/a0d6459e-bd85-4a75-b8fb-87608b988b29/

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
[qb] the topic of this thread is Nick Cannon being cancelled from Viacom for alleged antisemitism

As you yourself said, Nick is ADOS of Jewish Sephardic descent, which I agree with. And Yatunde Lisa mentioned beverages by ADOS tradition, so I expounded on that by showing the root of these beverages, how ADOS took that with them to America. Veganism is an important factor in Hebrew culture as kosher foods as does the Hibiscus tea. So I don't see what the issue is?

It's odd you say you agree that Nick Cannon has Sephardic Jewish ancestry.
Either he does or he doesn't. It's not like an opinion he has that one might agree or disagree with.
He said “My great-grandfather was a Spanish rabbi....He’s a Sephardic Jewish man". This could be true but it's peculiar he made no mention of this when he had Professor Griff on his show. Instead he told Griff "We are the true Hebrews" as if Griff also was Hebrew just by virtue of being black and implied on the show his white bosses were fake Jews and that it is not possible for a black person to be an Anti-Semites because all are Semites themselves.

-

Nick's mother is named Beth Gardiner and his father above is named James. These names don't exclude his great grandfather being Jewish. His father he does have what looks like the stereotypic Jewish nose.

The topic here is Nick Cannon and his remarks on Jews on his program.
The fact that he also happens to be of African descent does not mean that the topic includes and random thing about Africa such as Sobolo etc.
quote:
Veganism is an important factor in Hebrew culture as kosher foods as does the Hibiscus tea.

You say veganism is an important factor in Hebrew culture. The Hebrews weren't vegetarians what are you talking about?
And what does Hibiscus have to do with them?

Again the topic is antisemitism. Because that topic includes Jews does not mean the topic is about any random thing about Jews such as what beverages they drank.

This is not my thread so it is not up to me to complain bout going off topic but that is what you accused me off when you did it yourself.

Iced Sorrel is nice on a summer day, I prefer Rooibus year round but I digress

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

millions "wildin out"..

Nick was accused of being Antisemitic. The stories were in July 2020. Why should that mean a Rabbi should then come on his show and talk about socioeconomic ADOS issues and Liberian-international economic polices?

Not to say that those topics are not worth talking about but what is the connection?

Nick had met with Rabbi Cooper also in July to talk about the controversy and became friendly with him.
Then later in December a Reverend named Johnnie Moore came on to Nick's show to talk about his new book on the persecution of Christians in Nigeria, Rabbi Cooper was also with him who co-authored the book. IT seemed to be a book promotion and then trying to get media attention to this topic.
In the thread I had mentioned a few of Nick's shows after the controversy so we could see what type of guest and programming he was doing post-controversy. Nick was handing out the olive branch. The strategy worked and now he's gotten his Viacom show back.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Nick's new Gospel joint, he plays piano and sings here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi_5D8VXqjc

Nick Cannon Feat Kierra Sheard
Cover of Fred Hammond's "No Weapon Formed Against Me Shall Prosper"

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCs01mLxqOc

NICK CANNON JUMPS IN HITMAN HOLLA BATTLE VS CASSIDY

Nick in black hoodie, 0:18

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's odd you say you agree that Nick Cannon has Sephardic Jewish ancestry.
That is dumb babble. It's not a matter of me agreeing with him, or not. It's what he said, and that is what I repeated here. It is what it is.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
hit dogs holler
Member # 15718

quote:
Nick was accused of being Antisemitic. The stories were in July 2020. Why should that mean a Rabbi should then come on his show and talk about socioeconomic ADOS issues and Liberian-international economic polices?

Not to say that those topics are not worth talking about but what is the connection?

Nick had met with Rabbi Cooper also in July to talk about the controversy and became friendly with him.
Then later in December a Reverend named Johnnie Moore came on to Nick's show to talk about his new book on the persecution of Christians in Nigeria, Rabbi Cooper was also with him who co-authored the book. IT seemed to be a book promotion and then trying to get media attention to this topic.
In the thread I had mentioned a few of Nick's shows after the controversy so we could see what type of guest and programming he was doing post-controversy. Nick was handing out the olive branch. The strategy worked and now he's gotten his Viacom show back.

Which is why I say not just the Rabbi but BOTH of them should address,
If that convo was held, not just the rabbi. And if Nick is gonna
talk ADOS, be needs to be doing more than "wildin out" etc. But Ish on
his part wondered what the video had to do with the anti-semitism, since
the pastor guy did not talk about that at all but about the Nigerian
persecution, which is worthy of attention in and of itself. But was
the rabbi guy trying to educate Nick on say issues of religion and being
careful about speaking about others' religion etc as people
people are being persecuted for their religious views as in Nigeria?
Seems a stronger religious angle than Liberia but its all rather vague and
Nick gives few guidelines. But maybe Ish can clarify his linkage more..

Well he's definitely doing an "outreach" strategy, and he can
say "I am including many diverse angles, and looka here y'all. I
even have this new Alliance thing hooked up. It has worked and he
has got some known Hollywood types on board.

--------------------

Member # 15718

Nick didn't really get into ADOS. Looking at his transcript, he is
doing outreach both with Jewish people and general white people.

Nick Cannon: (51:04)
So I say all that to say the context. And when we speak of whether it’s Jewish people, white people, Europeans, the Illuminati, they were doing that as survival tactics to stay on this planet. We never had to do that.

He mentions Jewish people and white people. The presence of the Jewish
rabbi guy, and the white Christian pastor guy covers both bases
as to the people he mentioned in that statement that got him in trouble.

--------------------

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
^^^ In context:

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/nick-cannon-transcript-fired-by-viacomcbs-for-perpetuating-anti-semitism

Nick Cannon, with Professor Griff, Cannon's Class, mid July 2020

Nick Cannon: (48:46)
When you’d have a person that has the lack of pigment, the lack of melanin, that they know that they will be annihilated. So therefore, however they got the power, they have the lack of compassion that … Melanin comes with compassion. Melanin comes with soul that we call … We call it. We’re soul brothers and sisters. That’s the melanin that connects us. So the people that don’t have it are a little … and I’m going to say this carefully … are a little less. And where the term actually comes from, because I’m bringing it all the way back around to Minister Farrakhan, to where they may not have the compassion or when they were sent to the Mountains of Caucuses, when they didn’t have the power of the sun, that was that the sun then started to deteriorate them.

Nick Cannon: (49:38)
So then they’re acting out of fear. They’re acting out of low self esteem. They’re acting out of a deficiency. So therefore the only way that they can act is evil. The only way they can … they have to rob, steal, rape, kill, and fight-

Richard “Professor Griff” Griffin: (49:56)
Fight or flight. Okay.

Nick Cannon: (49:57)
In order to survive.

Richard “Professor Griff” Griffin: (49:59)
Exactly.

Nick Cannon: (50:00)
So then these people who didn’t have what we had … and when I say we, I speak of the melanated people … They had to be savages. They had to be barbaric because they’re in these Nordic mountains. They’re in these rough torrential environments. So they’re acting as animals.

Richard “Professor Griff” Griffin: (50:20)
Right.

Nick Cannon: (50:20)
So they’re the ones that are actually closer to animals. They’re the ones that are actually the true savages. And then they built up such this … I don’t want to say warrior, but they built up such this conquering barbaric mentality that they’re coming out of Europe. They then said, “In order for us to survive, we have to take what’s not ours.” And then they went into the land that actually where we are originated. And instead of trying to make friends, they said, “We want what you got.” Because there’s this mentality of whether it’s the Caesars or even that, “We have to conquer.”

Richard “Professor Griff” Griffin: (51:03)
Right. Right. Right.

So I say all that to say the context. And when we speak of whether it’s Jewish people, white people, Europeans, the Illuminati, they were doing that as survival tactics to stay on this planet. We never had to do that.

Richard “Professor Griff” Griffin: (51:20)
Right. Because they’ve learned when they circumnavigated the globe and they ran into these islands in these places and we were already there to greet them.

Nick Cannon: (51:28)
Right. With open arms.

Richard “Professor Griff” Griffin: (51:29)
With open arms, teaching them. But then-

Nick Cannon: (51:32)
When they were deficient.

Richard “Professor Griff” Griffin: (51:34)
They were deficient so they wanted to get what they thought we had. And we did have it. So the rape took place of the woman. The theft took place of the natural resources.

Nick Cannon: (51:42)
And then that’s when their disease-

Richard “Professor Griff” Griffin: (51:44)
Exactly.

Nick Cannon: (51:45)
That’s when their mentality … because I’m trying to get to that place of how they were able to get control over the gods.

Richard “Professor Griff” Griffin: (51:51)
Right, right.

Nick Cannon: (51:51)
How they were able to get control over the original people.

Richard “Professor Griff” Griffin: (51:53)
Once they learned that, though, and now they raped and impregnated, left and came back and they saw the child lighter, they said, “Wow.” That’s when they learned genetics, genetic annihilation. So now you have to set up a system of white supremacy to control that.

Nick Cannon: (52:13)
Right.

Richard “Professor Griff” Griffin: (52:14)
So now we have 13 families here, Illuminati, that’s manipulating and controlling. Subgroups. Now we’ve got to set up organizations.

Nick Cannon: (52:21)
Coming out of Europe.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Nick didn't really get into ADOS. Looking at his transcript, he is
doing outreach both with Jewish people and general white people.

He mentions Jewish people and white people. The presence of the Jewish
rabbi guy, and the white Christian pastor guy covers both bases
as to the people he mentioned in that statement that got him in trouble.

I don't think Nick thought it out like that, my guess. He already did a video with Rabbi Cooper.
Cooper had co-authored the book Next Jihad, with the main author Johnnie Moore.
So they wanted to promote this book and awareness of this issue and probably called up Nick to see if he could do a show on it.
My guess it was not Nick, saying I need to have this Jewish Rabbi and a "white" guy to patch up my relations. The media where not hyping the general anti-white remarks about savages and Nordic mountains. The focus was Antisemitism and to Viacom having Griff as guest was an offence in itself, a hardliner who is most known for these Jewish related controversies

Member # 15718

Nick in past times has claimed he was doing "outreach" to spark
"a conversation that's needed" as in his infamous "whiteface" effort..
Critics charged a double standard..

-

Speaking on Good Morning America, Cannon dismissed the outcry over his white character,
Connor Smallnut, saying that unlike the racially charged “blackface,” his whiteface
shouldn’t be taken as offensive – because it’s not even a real thing."

https://nationalpost.com/scene/nick-cannon-says-whiteface-stunt-to-promote-new-album-not-racist-theres-a-big-difference-between-humour-and-hatred

--------------------

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
video Nick doing Connor Smallnut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w25QQmYGg_k

-
. Robert Downey, Tropic Thunder

Video clip, "you people"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPxs0Qh72kY

Member # 15718

Some wonder if Cannon played up the "Afrocentric" angle with Griff in
part to show he was "down" with "serious black stuff" after the embarrassment
and criticism of "Connor Smallnut" -in other words burnish up some
lost black creds...

The video below is about why Cannon still struggles for respect:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5zkRAR6bKM
Why Isn't Nick Cannon Fully Respected? - CH News

Says Cannon about people criticizing him as "corny"- "Yeah, I'm
gonna cash this here corny check to the corny bank"..

--------------------

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

-

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
hit dogs holler

Ok, so that is why you hollered. I get it.
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Nick in past times has claimed he was doing "outreach" to spark
"a conversation that's needed" as in his infamous "whiteface" effort..
Critics charged a double standard..

-

Speaking on Good Morning America, Cannon dismissed the outcry over his white character,
Connor Smallnut, saying that unlike the racially charged “blackface,” his whiteface
shouldn’t be taken as offensive – because it’s not even a real thing."

https://nationalpost.com/scene/nick-cannon-says-whiteface-stunt-to-promote-new-album-not-racist-theres-a-big-difference-between-humour-and-hatred

These folks have over 150 years of doing Blackface and Coon songs, with tens of thousands of images brutalizing Black people, that eventually targeted Black people physically and emotionally. Is this one single event truly that painful to them? Bunch of weaklings!

-

-

-

Member # 15718

-

If I remember there was controversy on this movie, and the NAACP
denounced it as racist. Some moments were funny but others seem contrived
and lame. At the end, when it was discovered that he was
a fake black, he had to do a sort of penance like Nick Cannon was doing,
community service etc and also he hooked up with a black single mother-
Rae Don CHong- symbolically part of penance package.
https://www.thewrap.com/rae-dawn-chong-spike-lee-soul-man/

Some humor synced a bit for 1980s culture, but couldn't critics say, what
about now, in these even more PC times. Would a white guy get away
with black-face- like Nick's white-face thing was doing?

And if the white guy got in trouble, critics might charge, shouldn't
Nick Cannon also get in trouble re race stereotyping?

--------------------

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
what was the first U.S. movie that had someone black face or white face as a main character that came after the original much older segregation era black face movies?
Member # 15718

Hell you got me. What has your research found?

--------------------

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
what was the first U.S. movie that had someone black face or white face as a main character that came after the original much older segregation era black face movies?

The most racist movie ever made that led up to massacres of Black people and destruction is many thriving Black communities like Rosewood and Tulsa.

-

quote:
And there are no major movies or television series depicting the events that transpired there, despite a recent spate of projects about the black experience in both the antebellum and civil rights eras, including The Birth of a Nation and Selma.
https://www.theringer.com/2018/6/28/17511818/black-wall-street-oklahoma-greenwood-destruction-tulsa

quote:
The Birth of a Nation: The most racist movie ever made?

DW Griffith’s film was released on 8 February 1915. A century later it’s regarded as a landmark in cinema history – and terribly bigoted. Tom Brook reports.

One hundred years after it was made The Birth of a Nation still has the power to both enthrall and appall. The film is as confounding as ever, both brilliant and repugnant. Groundbreaking in its use of innovative cinematic techniques, it remains tainted by its brazen racism.

The Birth of a Nation was the creation of DW Griffith, who had tried his hand as an actor and playwright but whose real genius lay in film-making. Nothing on its scale had even been attempted before. It was the epic story of the relationship between two American families, one Union, the other Confederate, at the time of the Civil War and the Reconstruction that followed. The film ran for more than three hours and employed (according to a New York Times report from the time) 18,000 people and 3,000 horses. By 1922 it had been watched by more than five million people. It was the first blockbuster.

“It was a box office success – a mainstream film, so utterly mainstream,” says Professor Alan Rice, a Birth of a Nation expert at The Institute for Black Atlantic Research at the University of Central Lancashire, who has been organising a series of symposia on the film.

It made history by becoming the first film ever to be screened at the White House. But it was revolutionary for another reason: “It was very important in [that] it was the first full-scale long narrative using a lot of the new techniques of film-making,” says Rice.

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20150206-the-most-racist-movie-ever-made
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

Some humor synced a bit for 1980s culture, but couldn't critics say, what
about now, in these even more PC times. Would a white guy get away
with black-face- like Nick's white-face thing was doing?

And if the white guy got in trouble, critics might charge, shouldn't
Nick Cannon also get in trouble re race stereotyping?

Speaking of getting away with things..

White Man Used Lifelike Black Mask to Evade Arrest in Robberies

https://abcnews.go.com/US/white-man-lifelike-black-mask-evade-arrest-robberies/story?id=12288529

White men wearing black faces: don’t be fooled by hyper-realistic masks

-

https://cdn.face2faceafrica.com/www/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/mask3.jpg

There are also Black dudes with white masks robbing places. It's a crazy world out there.

quote:
Hell you got me. What has your research found?

In additon to the previous argument.

Why Japanese-Americans received reparations and African-Americans are still waiting

https://theconversation.com/why-japanese-americans-received-reparations-and-african-americans-are-still-waiting-119580

Member # 15718

Why Japanese-Americans received reparations and African-Americans are still waiting

https://theconversation.com/why-japanese-americans-received-reparations-and-african-americans-are-still-waiting-119580

^^Good article. The debate he mentions should be read closely on the issue.
QUOTE:

quote:
Conditions for reparations

It is much easier to obtain reparations under the following conditions:

The number of victims is relatively small.
The victims are easily identifiable.
Many of the direct victims are still alive.
The injustice took place during a relatively short time period.
The perpetrator is known.
The injustice is easily identifiable.
The injustice offends values of equality, personal safety and/or the right to own property.
There is a symbolic victim around whom advocates for reparations can rally.
The amount of reparations asked for is not so large that the public will find it unreasonable.
The number of Japanese-American victims was relatively small, about 120,000. They were also easily identifiable as people of ethnic Japanese descent, whether citizens or not. The injustice took place between 1942, when the Japanese were first interned, and 1945, when the war ended.

The perpetrator, the U.S. government, was easily identifiable. The internment of Japanese-Americans violated the values of ethnic equality and ownership of property, since their property was confiscated. The Japanese-Americans were not tortured or murdered, however.

Read more: 300 letters of outrage from Japanese Canadians who lost their homes

Quite a few former internees were still alive in 1988 when reparations were offered. U.S. Senators Daniel Inouye and Spark Matsunaga became symbolic victims. They were both Second World War veterans and Inouye had lost an arm in battle. Finally, the amount paid was relatively low, $20,000 for each of 80,000 living survivors, for a total of about $1.6 billion.

Wider, more severe injustices

Compared to Japanese-Americans, enslaved African-Americans and their descendants endured much more severe injustices. Enslavement violated all norms of personal safety; owners were permitted to beat and torture enslaved people, and in some cases even to murder them. The violations offend all our contemporary norms of racial equality.

Enslaved African-Americans were also not permitted to own property and were themselves the legal property of others.

Slavery was abolished in 1865, but many injustices were perpetrated during the post-1865 Jim Crow period and beyond. These included continued violations of bodily safety, such as lynchings and police shootings. Segregation and discrimination violated the principle of equality. And even when African-Americans earn the same incomes as their white contemporaries, they own much less wealth because they do not inherit from generations of property owners.

It is easy to identify the perpetrators of these injustices. But there are so many that it might be difficult to persuade any one perpetrator to pay reparations. At minimum, perpetrators include the U.S. federal government and the governments of every state that ever permitted enslavement of African-Americans. More broadly, they include municipal governments, private businesses, educational institutions and churches.

Social movements for reparations

The problems in organizing reparations to African-Americans lies in the other characteristics of successful social movements for reparations. It is difficult to identify which people of African descent in the U.S. today are the descendants of enslaved people.

If all descendants are considered worthy of reparations, regardless of the number of generations since their ancestors were enslaved, then the number might be in the tens of millions.

None of the direct victims of enslavement are still alive. And there is no single individual who can be considered symbolic of the reparations movement, because all the immediate victims are long dead. Perhaps, though, one could be chosen, such as Michelle Obama. Both her grandfathers were grandsons of enslaved people.

Some people who advocate for reparations also ask for such a large amount that the public would probably find it unreasonable. For example, in his 2004 debate with me, Rodney Coates asked for $12-15 trillion, which is 60 to 75 per cent of the U.S. Gross Domestic Product of $20.5 trillion in 2018.

--------------------

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
To get back to the topic from a few pages ago. Does anyone know this book?

-

"Although on the face of it the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Ku Klux Klan seem to be very different organizations, they have more in common than one might imagine. In fact, the Bureau and the Klan share a long and complicated history. Beginning with their first confrontation in 1922, this book examines the similarities, covert collaborations and common goals of the FBI and the KKK. After briefly describing the history of each, it explores the development of their association and the specific ways in which each organization furthered the other’s goals. The book traces eighty years of parallel development and the conservative attitudes that drew the FBI and the KKK together, especially in the area of civil rights. Political, societal and historical contributions to the atmosphere that encouraged this complicity are explored in detail. Statistics regarding Klan membership, racial violence and a suspicious lack of federal involvement lend support to the author’s analysis of events. Special emphasis is placed on the leaders of each group, especially J. Edgar Hoover, who shaped the very foundation of the FBI. The final chapters cover more recent events, up to and including those following the 1995 bombing of! the federal building in Oklahoma City."

https://books.google.com/books/about/The_FBI_and_the_KKK.html?id=DZHaAAAAMAAJ

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

The injustice offends values of equality, personal safety and/or the right to own property.
The amount of reparations asked for is not so large that the public will find it unreasonable.
The number of Japanese-American victims was relatively small, about 120,000. They were also easily identifiable as people of ethnic Japanese descent, whether citizens or not. The injustice took place between 1942, when the Japanese were first interned, and 1945, when the war ended.

The perpetrator, the U.S. government, was easily identifiable. The internment of Japanese-Americans violated the values of ethnic equality and ownership of property, since their property was confiscated. The Japanese-Americans were not tortured or murdered, however.

[...]

So what's the excuse for the slave masters and the rejection of Callie Guy House?

quote:
“On April 16, 1862, the District of Columbia Compensated Emancipation Act became law. Originally sponsored by Senator Henry Wilson of Massachusetts, the act freed slaves in the District of Columbia and compensated owners up to $300 for each freeperson.”

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/common/civil_war/DCEmancipationAct_FeaturedDoc.htm

Callie Guy House (ca. 1861-1928) Reparations.

quote:
"Callie House is most famous for her efforts to gain reparations for former slaves and is regarded as the early leader of the reparations movement among African American political activists."

https://www.blackpast.org/african-american-history/callie-house-c-1861-1928/
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wtf? Thanks Ish,learn something new everyday.
Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 15718

quote:
quote:

[...]

So what's the excuse for the slave masters and the rejection of Callie Guy House?

quote:
“On April 16, 1862, the District of Columbia Compensated Emancipation Act became law. Originally sponsored by Senator Henry Wilson of Massachusetts, the act freed slaves in the District of Columbia and compensated owners up to $300 for each freeperson.”

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/common/civil_war/DCEmancipationAct_FeaturedDoc.htm

Callie Guy House (ca. 1861-1928) Reparations.

quote:
"Callie House is most famous for her efforts to gain reparations for former slaves and is regarded as the early leader of the reparations movement among African American political activists."

https://www.blackpast.org/african-american-history/callie-house-c-1861-1928/

I don't get your question. Callie's case meets none of the typical points
above for easier reparations access. The slave masters got compensation for the
freed slaves, and the slaves got nothing. This pretty much tracks with
current history. Nobody in power is rushing to pay black folk any reparations
including "woke" Biden Democrats, who will make certain gestures, or
tweak some current programs here and there, but substantive reparations
are a losing horse for white Dems. And they will be given cover by black
establishment types like Kammy Harris, Obama and Eric-Dyson, all of whom
are unenthusiastic about reparations.

Callie House also generated substantial white backlash in her early 1900s
reparations push and was convicted of fraud by an all-white jury. This is another
typical pattern, the third-rail white Dems want to avoid, as the issue will certainly
be ruthlessly exploited by the white right-wing. Other "POCs" will likewise
pile-on looking for their cut of the action, which of course, will dilute whatever
blacks folks get (if anything). Per the link you post above:

"House’s activism was not without controversy. Newspapers of the time often ridiculed her efforts and the federal government attempted to arrest her and other leaders of the association. In 1916, U.S. Postmaster General A.S. Burleson sought indictments against leaders of the association claiming that they obtained money from ex-slaves by fraudulent circulars proclaiming that pensions and reparations were forthcoming. House was convicted and served time in the Jefferson City, Missouri penitentiary from November 1917 to August 1918."

^Maybe she was set up, like Marcus Mosiah..

--------------------

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
I don't get your question. Callie's case meets none of the typical points
above for easier reparations access. The slave masters got compensation for the
freed slaves, and the slaves got nothing. This pretty much tracks with
current history. Nobody in power is rushing to pay black folk any reparations
including "woke" Biden Democrats, who will make certain gestures, or
tweak some current programs here and there, but substantive reparations
are a losing horse for white Dems. And they will be given cover by black
establishment types like Kammy Harris, Obama and Eric-Dyson, all of whom
are unenthusiastic about reparations.

Callie House also generated substantial white backlash in her early 1900s
reparations push and was convicted of fraud by an all-white jury. This is another
typical pattern, the third-rail white Dems want to avoid, as the issue will certainly
be ruthlessly exploited by the white right-wing. Other "POCs" will likewise
pile-on looking for their cut of the action, which of course, will dilute whatever
blacks folks get (if anything). Per the link you post above:

"House’s activism was not without controversy. Newspapers of the time often ridiculed her efforts and the federal government attempted to arrest her and other leaders of the association. In 1916, U.S. Postmaster General A.S. Burleson sought indictments against leaders of the association claiming that they obtained money from ex-slaves by fraudulent circulars proclaiming that pensions and reparations were forthcoming. House was convicted and served time in the Jefferson City, Missouri penitentiary from November 1917 to August 1918."

^Maybe she was set up, like Marcus Mosiah..

I think you don't really understand the bigger scoop of things here.

5-31-2021: Tulsa: Lessons 100 Years Later, The Black Authority

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3376&v=PqRFTHUmSOI&feature=emb_title

Articles included.

Democratic Party (N.C.). State Executive Committee The Democratic Hand Book. 1898. Prepared by the State Democratic Executive Committee of North Carolina. Raleigh: Edwards & Broughton, 1898.

https://docsouth.unc.edu/nc/dem1898/dem1898.html

A Massacre and American Uprising: Wilmington, NC 1898 (Part 1)

https://searchblackandeducation.com/stories/2020/10/29/a-massacre-and-american-uprising-wilmington-nc-1898

quote:

Black Codes

From the colonial period, colonies and states passed laws that discriminated against blacks. Over the period of 1687-1865, Virginia alone enacted more than 130 slave statutes, among which were seven major slave codes, with some containing more than fifty provisions. "Black Codes" in the antebellum South contained more regulations of free Blacks than of slaves. Chattel slaves basically lived under the complete control of their owners; free blacks presented a challenge to the boundaries of White-dominated society. After the Civil War, Black Codes were part of a larger pattern of Southern whites trying to suppress the new freedom of emancipated African American slaves, the freedmen.

A Sampling of Major Laws Enacted Against Blacks:

• 1619 Maryland Segregation Policy /Recommended that blacks be socially excluded
  • 1642 Virginia Fugitive Law Authorized branding of an "R" in the face runaway slaves.
  • 1660 Connecticut Military Law Barred blacks from military service
  • 1664 Maryland Marriage Law Enactment of the first anti-interracial marriage statues
  • 1667 British Plantation Act Established codes of conduct for slaves and slaveholders
  • 1686 Carolina Trade Law Barred blacks from all trades
  • 1691 Virginia Marriage Law Prescribed banishment for any white woman marrying a black man.
  • 1705 Massachusetts Anti- Criminalized Miscegenation Law interracial marriages
  • 1705 New York Runaway Law prescribed execution for recaptured runaway slaves
  • 1705 Virginia Public Office Law prohibited blacks from holding or assuming any public office
  • 1710 Virginia enacted Meritorious Manumission rewarded slaves with freedom for informing on other slaves
  • 1712 South Carolina Fugitive Slave Act criminalized runaway slaves to protect owners' investment
  • 1715 North Carolina criminalized blacks and white marriages
  • 1721 Delaware Marriage Law prohibited marriage between black men and white women
  • 1722 Pennsylvania Morality Law condemned blacks for sexual acts with whites
  • 1722 Pennsylvania Anti-Miscegenation Law Criminalized interracial marriages
  • 1723 Virginia Anti-Assembly Law Impeded blacks from meeting or having a sense of community
  • 1723 Virginia Weapons Law prohibited African-Americans from keeping weapons
  • 1740 South Carolina Consolidated Slave Act prohibited slaves from raising or owning farm animals
  • 1775 Virginia Runaway Law allowed sale or execution of slaves attempting to flee
  • 1775 North Carolina Manumission Law prohibited freeing slaves except for meritorious service
  • 1784 Connecticut Military Law prohibited blacks from serving in the militia
  • 1790 First Naturalization Law Congress declares United States a white nation
  • 1792 Federal Militia Law restricted enrollment in peacetime to whites only
  • 1793 Fugitive Slave Law prevented slaves from running away; protected planters' invested capital
  • 1783 Virginia Migration Law prevented free blacks from entering the state.
  • 1800 Maryland Agricultural Law prohibited blacks from raising and selling agricultural products
  • 1804 Ohio enacted Anti-Mobility Law "Black Laws" that restricted African-Americans' movements
  • 1804 Ohio Registration Law required blacks to register and annually post a bond
  • 1805 Maryland License Law prohibited blacks from selling tobacco or corn without a license
  • 1806 Louisiana Migration Law prohibited immigration for free black males over 15 years old
  • 1807 Maryland Residence Law limited residence of entering free blacks to two weeks
  • 1809 Congressional Mail Law excluded blacks from carrying U.S. mail
  • 1810 Maryland Voting Law restricted voting rights to whites only
  • 1811 Delaware Migration Law prohibited migration of blacks and levied $10 per week fine
  • 1811 Kentucky Conspiracy Law Made conspiracy among slaves a capital offense
  • 1813 Virginia Poll Tax exacted a $1.50 tax on blacks who were forbidden to vote.
  • 1814 Louisiana Migration Law prohibited free blacks from entering the state
  • 1815 Virginia Poll Tax required free blacks to pay tax so whites could vote
  • 1816 Louisiana Jury Law provided that no black person could testify against a white person.
  • 1818 Connecticut Voting Law disenfranchised black voters
  • 1819 Missouri Literacy Law prohibited assembling or teaching slaves to read or write
  • 1820 South Carolina Migration Law prohibited free blacks from entering the State
  • 1821 District of Columbia Registration Law required blacks to register annually and post bond
  • 1826 North Carolina Migration Law prohibited entry of free blacks; violators fined $500.00
  • 1827 Maryland Occupation Acts prohibited blacks from driving or owning hacks, carts, and drays
  • 1827 Florida Voting Law restricted voting to whites 1829 Illinois Marriage Law prohibited marriages between blacks and whites
  • 1829 Georgia Literacy Law punished by fine and imprisonment for teaching a black person to read
  • 1830 Louisiana Expulsion Law required all free blacks to leave the state within 60 days
  • 1830 Mississippi Employment Law prohibited black employment in printing and entertainment
  • 1830 Kentucky Property Tax Law taxed blacks and prohibited them from voting or attending school
  • 1831 North Carolina License Law Required all black traders and peddlers to be licensed
  • 1831 South Carolina enacted Licensing Prohibition which denied free blacks any kind of a business license.
  • 1831 Indiana Mobility Law required blacks to register in order to work and post bond
  • 1831 Mississippi Preaching Law prohibited free blacks to preach except with permission
  • 1832 Alabama and Virginia enacted Literacy Laws which fined and flogged whites for teaching blacks to read or write
  • 1833 Georgia Employment Law prohibited blacks from working in reading or writing jobs
  • 1833 Georgia Literacy Law provided fines and whippings for teaching blacks.
  • 1833 Kentucky Licensing Prohibition no free person of color could obtain a license
  • 1835 Missouri Registration Law required the registration and bonding of all free African-American
  • 1835 Georgia Employment Law prohibited employing blacks in drug stores
  • 1836 District of Columbia Business License Law prohibited blacks from profit-making activities
  • 1837 South Carolina Curfew Law required blacks to be off the streets by a certain hour
  • 1838 Virginia School of Law prevented African-Americans who had gone North to school from returning.
  • 1838 North Carolina Marriage Law declared void all interracial marriages to 3rd generation
  • 1841 South Carolina Observing Law prohibited blacks and whites from looking out the same windows
  • 1842 Maryland Information Law criminalized and made a felony for blacks to request or receive abolition newspapers
  • 1844 Maryland Color Tax placed a tax on all employed black artisans
  • 1844 South Carolina Amusement Law prohibited blacks from playing games with whites
  • 1844 Maryland Occupation Act excluded blacks from the carpentry trade
  • 1845 Georgia Contracting Law prohibited contracts with black mechanics
  • 1846 Kentucky Incitement Law provided imprisonment for inciting blacks to rebel
  • 1847 Missouri Literacy Law prohibited teaching blacks to read or write
  • 1848 Virginia Incitement Law provided the death penalty for advising blacks to rebel
  • 1850 Fugitive Slave Law Enacted resulted in stronger enforcement provisions
  • 1852 Georgia Tax Law imposed an annual $5.00 per capita tax on all free blacks
  • 1853 Virginia Poll Tax Law levied a tax on all free blacks.
  • 1856 Virginia Drug Law prohibited selling poisonous drugs to blacks
  • 1857 Dred Scott Decision U.S. Supreme Court dehumanized and disenfranchised all black whether free or slave.
  • 1858 Maryland Recreation Law prohibited free blacks and slaves from boating on the Potomac
  • 1868 Southern Black Codes deprived blacks of the right to vote and hold public office
  • 1883 Civil rights Law of 1875 U.S. Supreme Court Weakened challenged the constitutionality of the law
  • 1898 The Grandfather Clause deprived blacks of the right to vote in Louisiana

Convict Leasing

In addition to the black codes and immediately following the end of the Civil War a new form of slavery was created called convict leasing. The 13th Amendment abolished slavery except as punishment for a crime. Convict leasing was a system of penal labor practiced in the Southern United States, beginning with the emancipation of slaves at the end of the Civil War in 1865, peaking around 1880, and officially ending in the last state, Alabama, in 1928. It persisted in various forms until it was abolished in 1942 by President Franklin D. Roosevelt during World War II, several months after the attack on Pearl Harbor involved the U.S. in the conflict.

http://court.rchp.com/history/truth-of-how-slavery-started-the-black-slave-trade-and-racism/
Member # 15718

Biden used the Tulsa anniversary to unveil a series of programs to close the
wealth gap. They seem more like mostly enhanced regular programs, or
broad generic type categories that lets everybody piggyback on. For example:

The aspects of his wealth gap proposal that will need approval from Congress include $10 billion for “community-led civic infrastructure projects”; $15 billion for transportation upgrades; $5 billion for affordable housing, as well as, separately, a tax credit for developers of such housing; and $31 billion for small businesses.

Most of the money above will not go to black folk, some cash will but not
the majority. "Transport upgrades" for example will benefit white unions
heavily, not to mention local government bureaucracies and bureaucrats.
This is a common pattern. Lyndon John sold his "Great Society" by packing it
full of goodies to appeal to the white working and middle classes. Other
measures include tweaks and adjustments to existing programs like
loan forgiveness to some black farmers etc.
https://news.yahoo.com/can-biden-close-the-racial-wealth-gap-232707047.html

Better than nothing, overall it could be said, but will not close the wealth
gap anytime soon. Such is beyond one president.

--------------------

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com