EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Kemet » Nick Cannon Cancelled for antisemitism (Page 19)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19   
Author Topic: Nick Cannon Cancelled for antisemitism
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ish you really gonna let Arch get you off center on some stuff that he doesn't even know about.

The man claimed that Native Americans where ignored for the travesties and instead black people get too much attention as an argument against reparations lol.

This is a silly discussion that doesn't even need to be had.

Also the thread is getting off topic.

Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archeopteryx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Explain what resources and land Black Americans benefit from??? We already have a stabilized they didn't size or confiscated any land in the Americas. And with that logically also no resources.
What resources? Do they not eat food, grown on land that was once Native land? Do they not use oil? Do they not use metals and minerals that is mined from lands that was once Native? Do they not use woods that grew on land once owned by Native Americans? Do they never use power from hydroelectric plants who is built in rivers on what was once Native lands? Do they not live in houses built on former Native lands? Do they not live in cities that cover what was once forests and fields and meadows belonging to Native American? Do not any Black Americans earn money from participating in extracting natural resources from land that was once Native American?

The American society in general owe Native Americans so much more than most Americans even want to realize or admit. The whites are the main culprits, but also Blacks have been a part of the exploitation, and also they benefit from the land once taken from the Native Americans. So if they contribute with one or another tax dollar as compensation to Native Americans that is not more than fair.

quote:
With hat being said, you do know that some of these tribes fought along with Europeans against other tribes and also enslaved Blacks, at the time known as Africans.
Yes such things happened, but two wrongs do not do one right. When it came to tribes fighting each other it was a often a deliberate tactics among the colonialists to try to hound different peoples against each other, often exacerbating old conflict. And some Native peoples thought they could gain some advantages by cooperating with one or another European power. But as it turned out they still lost in the end.

quote:
As posted in the previous citation, you seem not to really understand the sentiments in full context. They didn't sign up to fight against Native Americans, but rather against the Confederacy etc. nor do we know what you cited is 100% and accurate. If so, why hasn't it continued, as we see with white racism towards Black Americans? You explain that one… lol
Well, Buffalo soldiers still participated in the wars against Native Americans, during a long period (30 years), and they seem to inherited some of the whites attitudes against the Natives. One can not only blame the whites and try to excempt the Black soldiers for their part in the wars.

Maybe afterwards many blacks got other things to worry about, and most Natives were also more or less subjugated, so they seized to be a main enemy.

quote:
You do know that many Maroon populations fought together with Amerindian population all throughout the Americas against the oppression of European settlers? Are you aware of this history? This means the Caribbean, North Central and South America. This is why a lot to these people of African descent will have Native American admixture, to some degree. Most of these nations in Latin America have a white elite ruling class controlling the country and resources. Or as in some Caribbean countries, either a creole ruling class, where the native Americans have died out long ago, or are small and accepted the assimilation.
I am aware of that, and all credit to them, but at the same time Blacks in different parts of the Americas also participated in exploitation of Native Americans. If you want to bring South America into the discussion I can give you a really horrible example from the rubberboom in the Amazon of South America where rubber barons in the border areas of Peru, Colombia and Brazil hired many black Caribbeans to work as overseers in their exploitation of Native slaves for the extraction of rubber. Both the white and Black slave drivers committed horrible atrocities against the Native populations in such places as the area around the river Putumayo. So Blacks have also been complicit in genocide directed against Native Americans.

One can read about this in the anthropologist Lars Perssons book "The Doomed indians"

quote:
As was explained before, Native Americans do have protected laws and separate land. They did and do receive money allocated to them specially.
Not enough. Some Native communities are still among the most poor in America, while others do not live on the land once belonging to them. And all Native Americans do not have access to any special money or protected lands. It actually varies.
quote:
In fact I responded to you in that thread, you blind bat.
If people have nothing intelligent to say they often resort to ad hominem.

quote:
There's countless of videos online going against these claims made by some who claim to be Native Americans.
Yes, and I did not say that all African Americans believe in those lofty theories. Also some African Americans have made videos against those claims. But still too much of that misinformation is out there.
quote:
On the other hand, is it completely false to claim African marine already had arrived on American soil prior to the Iberian exploration?
Until hard, tangible evidence is found it is not really right to claim such things. And the worst propagandists do not only claim that some mariners visited the Americas, they claim that Africans were instrumental in building, or at least inspiring, cultures like the Olmec culture, the Maya culture and the Aztec culture in Mexico or the Moundbuilder culture in USA. I have even seen claims that they also influenced the Incas in South America. And even more fantastical claims that the Chinchorros in Chile were Black people with six fingers on each hand.

The picture you showed were made by an artist who never visited the Americas (if you meant that the picture depicted American Natives). It was not uncommon by European artists who made allegorical and other paintings with motifs from foreign parts of the world that they used black people as models for paintings that also depicted non black people like Native Americans. Black peoples were seen as exotic but at the same time they were rather well known so they were many times used to represent people that the painters never had seen.

At the risk of repeating myself: I still claim that Native Americans is the group in America that lost most and are most entitled to compensation. They have been genocided during 500 years, they have lost most of their original lands, they also have been enslaved, whole peoples have ceased to exist due to disease spread by the invaders and due to war and other sorts of violence.

Black people was not the main culprits in the genocides or expulsion of Natives, but now and then they have participated, both in USA and other parts of the Americas.

Seems you are in some kind of denial of that. Black people have not only been victims, but some times perpetrators too. And also some Natives have done things that are not all good.

But ss I said, Native Americans lay the foundation on which the countries of America were built. Without their sacrifice there would not have been any American states at all.

--------------------
Once an archaeologist, always an archaeologist

Posts: 2684 | From: Sweden | Registered: Mar 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archeopteryx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Elmaestro:
Ish you really gonna let Arch get you off center on some stuff that he doesn't even know about.

The man claimed that Native Americans where ignored for the travesties and instead black people get too much attention as an argument against reparations lol.

Well maybe I later start another thread about these things.

That Natives are not seen as much in media as Black Americans is a fact, but I do not claim it is a argument against reparations. Blacks are free to call for reparations, let´s see if they get any. I just wanted to point out that not only Blacks have suffered and that the whole American society lies on Native American soil, literally speaking. Without the sacrifice of Native Americans (giving both land and blood) there would be no American society at all. So Americans, white, but also blacks, owe them everything.

--------------------

Posts: 2684 | From: Sweden | Registered: Mar 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

pt 1

https://www.youtube.com/c/NickCannon/search?query=class

pt 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcwfc6NwGh4

I haven't watched, but news at the time didn't report anything controversial

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

11th baby on the way

net worth estimated, 20 mil

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

You are right, he, she it comes off as loony. That babble box spews diarrhea and has no clue. Better yet is clueless.

quote:
Originally posted by Archeopteryx:
quote:

Well maybe I later start another thread about these things.

That Natives are not seen as much in media as Black Americans is a fact, but I do not claim it is a argument against reparations. Blacks are free to call for reparations, let´s see if they get any. I just wanted to point out that not only Blacks have suffered and that the whole American society lies on Native American soil, literally speaking. Without the sacrifice of Native Americans (giving both land and blood) there would be no American society at all. So Americans, white, but also blacks, owe them everything.

You are using circular talking points that go nowhere, because you have been refuted and debunked already.

Native Americans didn't sacrifice anything in bustling what is not the USA! Why? Because they lived on autonomous land and separate, you dummy.

You have no argument, so all you can do and will do is repeat the same already refuted and debunked circular arguments.

It was Black labor that built the foundation of America. It's recorded history. You simply don't know American history.

quote:
quote:
Explain what resources and land Black Americans benefit from??? We already have a stabilized they didn't size or confiscated any land in the Americas. And with that logically also no resources.
What resources? Do they not eat food, grown on land that was once Native land? Do they not use oil? Do they not use metals and minerals that is mined from lands that was once Native? Do they not use woods that grew on land once owned by Native Americans? Do they never use power from hydroelectric plants who is built in rivers on what was once Native lands? Do they not live in houses built on former Native lands? Do they not live in cities that cover what was once forests and fields and meadows belonging to Native American? Do not any Black Americans earn money from participating in extracting natural resources from land that was once Native American?

The American society in general owe Native Americans so much more than most Americans even want to realize or admit. The whites are the main culprits, but also Blacks have been a part of the exploitation, and also they benefit from the land once taken from the Native Americans. So if they contribute with one or another tax dollar as compensation to Native Americans that is not more than fair.

The more you type the more you appear to be dumb as hell.

From where else are Black Americans supposed to get food and water, if not from the soil they were forced to live on. Been subjugated on and terrorized on for hundreds of years? How does that equate to being complicted with crimes committed to Native Americans? Is / was it Black Americans making or made the laws, acts and legislation? What did Black people benefit from is what I am asking you, and you appear not being able answer this question. All you have is they live on that land. When asked, where else are they supposed to live you are stuck on stupid.

Are you really this dumb?

quote:
Well, Buffalo soldiers still participated in the wars against Native Americans, during a long period (30 years), and they seem to inherited some of the whites attitudes against the Natives. One can not only blame the whites and try to excempt the Black soldiers for their part in the wars.

Maybe afterwards many blacks got other things to worry about, and most Natives were also more or less subjugated, so they seized to be a main enemy.

From here on out I am going to call you. retard because you hehave link one.

So tell me retard, what was that war about when these Buffalo Soldiers participated in that war?

I don't want "maybe", I want the facts!

quote:
I am aware of that, and all credit to them, but at the same time Blacks in different parts of the Americas also participated in exploitation of Native Americans.

Such as?

quote:

If you want to bring South America into the discussion I can give you a really horrible example from the rubberboom in the Amazon of South America where rubber barons in the border areas of Peru, Colombia and Brazil hired many black Caribbeans to work as overseers in their exploitation of Native slaves for the extraction of rubber. Both the white and Black slave drivers committed horrible atrocities against the Native populations in such places as the area around the river Putumayo. So Blacks have also been complicit in genocide directed against Native Americans.

One can read about this in the anthropologist Lars Perssons book "The Doomed indians"

Never heard of this story that allegedly happened in Peru. I will look into it. If so those people should be held accountable. But as of now I cannot even find that book.
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tazarah
Why are you stalking my social media?
Member # 23365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tazarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
arch is a pain freak

He/she loves getting humiliated and embarrasssed by people who actually know what they are talking about

I think it is a fetish

Posts: 2491 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ish Geber:

You are using circular talking points that go nowhere, because you have been refuted and debunked already.

Native Americans didn't sacrifice anything in bustling what is not the USA! Why? Because they lived on autonomous land and separate, you dummy.

You have no argument, so all you can do and will do is repeat the same already refuted and debunked circular arguments.

It was Black labor that built the foundation of America. It's recorded history. You simply don't know American history.

Native Americans lost most of their lands, and both whites and blacks live like squatters on their land. The reparations, and land they got are just small crumbs compared with what they lost

Native American land is at the base of American society. Without the lands and it´s resources there would be no America as we know it.

And it was not only blacks that built American society, whites also built a lot, and later also Chinese and others contributed. Blacks were only a part of building American society.

quote:
Originally posted by Ish Geber:From where else are Black Americans supposed to get food and water, if not from the soil they were forced to live on. Been subjugated on and terrorized on for hundreds of years? How does that equate to being complicted with crimes committed to Native Americans? Is / was it Black Americans making or made the laws, acts and legislation? What did Black people benefit from is what I am asking you, and you appear not being able answer this question. All you have is they live on that land. When asked, where else are they supposed to live you are stuck on stupid.
Well at last Black Americans can also contribute in giving some compensation for the stolen land they live on. That is only fair.

I already explained some of the benefits black people get from the land they live on. If you do not understand what I am saying it is up to you.

And calling others stupid does not make you smarter.

You seem to be so blinded by your immersion in black matters that you can not see the perspective of other peoples. As if Blacks are the only ones that suffered, or have suffered more than others. And you do as Black could never do anything wrong, that they were only innocent victims or bystanders when it comes to displacing Native Americans.

quote:
From here on out I am going to call you. retard because you hehave link one.
Ad hominem attacks shows that you are unable to discuss in a civilized manner. So it is hardly worth the time to continue discussing with you.

Seems some people just can not act in a civilized way.

--------------------

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Native Americans lost most of their lands, and both whites and blacks live like squatters on their land. The reparations, and land they got are just small crumbs compared with what they lost

The above was literally circular babble. You've added nothing new to any of your argument. It's all reparative babble with no details.
 -

quote:
Native American land is at the base of American society. Without the lands and it´s resources there would be no America as we know it.

That's incorrect as well.

What gave America it's wealth and value was the labor by Black Americans that created the foundation of what was about to become America. Without this labor at the foundation the Americas would be a waste land as it was prior.

And I am still waiting for you to explain what the war was about the Buffalo Soldier fought.

quote:

Well at last Black Americans can also contribute in giving some compensation for the stolen land they live on. That is only fair.

I already explained some of the benefits black people get from the land they live on. If you do not understand what I am saying it is up to you.

And calling others stupid does not make you smarter.

You seem to be so blinded by your immersion in black matters that you can not see the perspective of other peoples. As if Blacks are the only ones that suffered, or have suffered more than others. And you do as Black could never do anything wrong, that they were only innocent victims or bystanders when it comes to displacing Native Americans.

Ad hominem attacks shows that you are unable to discuss in a civilized manner. So it is hardly worth the time to continue discussing with you.

Seems some people just can not act in a civilized way.

You speak of civilized, but reason uncivilized?

You cannot even answer properly when being asked something simple. So let's start there for starter! If not I will call you out again as you deserve.

Tell, how many Black Americans do you know? And what should Black Americans give to who exactly, when a lot of these Indians Americans are 5 dollar Indians already receive funding?

What part you do not understand about Native Americans already getting fundings specifically for them, although a lot are fake 5 dollar pretendians.

Tell, from where does the money come, that goes to the Native American Indians, including the pretendians? Let's follow the path of laws, acts and legislation to see how this payment is done!!!

Should Black Americans "pay out something specially" to people who have subjected to racism, it that what you are saying?

quote:
Paying to Play Indian: The Dawes Rolls and the Legacy of $5 Indians

Paying a commissioner $5 could get an opportunistic white person on the Dawes Rolls 125 years ago, which still causes problems for tribes today.

It may be fashionable to play Indian now, but it was also trendy 125 years ago when people paid $5 apiece for falsified documents declaring them Native on the Dawes Rolls.

These so-called five-dollar Indians paid government agents under the table in order to reap the benefits that came with having Indian blood. Mainly white men with an appetite for land, five-dollar Indians paid to register on the Dawes Rolls, earning fraudulent enrollment in tribes along with benefits inherited by generations to come.

“These were opportunistic white men who wanted access to land or food rations,” said Gregory Smithers, associate professor of history at Virginia Commonwealth University. “These were people who were more than happy to exploit the Dawes Commission—and government agents, for $5, were willing to turn a blind eye to the graft and corruption.”

The Dawes Commission, established in 1893 to enforce the General Allotment Act of 1887 (or the Dawes Act), was charged with convincing tribes to cede their land to the United States and divide remaining land into individual allotments. The commission also required Indians to claim membership in only one tribe and register on the Dawes Rolls, what the government meant to be a definitive record of individuals with Indian blood.

The Curtis Act, passed in 1898, targeted the Five Civilized Tribes (Cherokee, Choctaw, Chickasaw, Creek and Seminole), forcing them to accept allotments and register on the Dawes Rolls. The two acts—which came during a “period of murky social context” after the Civil War when white and black men were intermarrying with Native American women, aimed to help the government keep track of “real” Indians while accelerating efforts to assimilate Indian people into white culture, Smithers said.

“By 1865, African Americans and white Americans were moving into the Midwest, into the Indian and Oklahoma territories, all vying for some patch of land they could call their own and live out their Jeffersonian view of independence,” he said. “The federal government poured a lot of effort and energy into the Dawes Commission, but at the same time it was very hard for both Native and American governments to keep track of who was who.”

The Dawes Commission set up tents in Indian Territory, said Bill Welge, director emeritus of the Oklahoma Historical Society’s Office of American Indian Culture and Preservation. There, field clerks scoured written records, took oral testimony and generated enrollment cards for individuals determined to have Indian blood.

That included authentic Indians, Welge said. But it also included lots of people with questionable heritage.

“Commissioners took advantage of their positions and enrolled people who had very minimal or questionable connections to the tribes,” he said. “They were not adverse to taking money under the table.”

-
The Dawes Commission, established in 1893 to enforce the General Allotment Act of 1887 (or the Dawes Act), was charged with convincing tribes to cede their land to the United States and divide remaining land into individual allotments. The commission also required Indians to claim membership in only one tribe and register on the Dawes Rolls.

The implications of such shady practices are enormous now, Smithers said. Five-dollar Indians passed their unearned benefits to heirs who still lay claim to tribal citizenship and associated privileges.

“Now we have people who are white but who can trace their names back to the rolls used by tribal nations to ascertain who has rights as citizens,” he said. “That means we have white people who have the ability to vote at large; it means political rights; it means the potential to influence tribal policy on a whole range of issues; it means people have access to health care, education and employment. The implications are quite profound for people who got away with fraud.”

On the flip side, while non-Natives paid to play Indian, many authentic Indians who didn’t trust the government chose not to register with the Dawes Rolls at all, said Gene Norris, a genealogist at the Cherokee National Historical Society. That means people with legitimate claims to tribal enrollment and the benefits are now excluded.

“Native Americans are the only racial group defined by blood,” Norris said. “Even that was arbitrary. In the 1890s, siblings who talked to different commissioners emerged with different blood quantum. Because they didn’t apply together, some of them have different blood degrees.”

In short, the Dawes Rolls forever changed the way the federal government defined Indians—and, in many cases, the way Indians still define themselves.

In 1900, one woman registered on the rolls with 1/256 Cherokee blood, Norris said. Now, some enrolled members of the Cherokee Nation have as little as 1/8,196 Indian blood.

The Dawes Rolls—even now—are a murky and “very inaccurate” gauge of Indian citizenship, he said. In the 2000 Census, the number of people claiming Cherokee ancestry was three times that of official tribal enrollment.

“That’s what happens when the federal government established the rules, not the Natives,” he said.

Smithers has no estimate of the number of people who fraudulently registered on the Dawes Rolls—or who lay false claim to Indian citizenship now. But five-dollar Indians did not represent an isolated case of appropriation.

“What we had was simply white people claiming to be Indian,” he said. “They were early wannabes, just like we have today. Five-dollar Indian is just another term for that.”

https://indiancountrytoday.com/archive/paying-play-indian-dawes-rolls-legacy-5-indians

Any comments on the above?

quote:

And it was not only blacks that built American society, whites also built a lot, and later also Chinese and others contributed.

What did white and Chinese built at the foundation of America? lol

quote:

Blacks were only a part of building American society.

What the hell are you drooling here? I have no idea what you are uttering?
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Tazarah:
arch is a pain freak

He/she loves getting humiliated and embarrasssed by people who actually know what they are talking about

I think it is a fetish

This person is annoyingly dumb and wonders why people call him her it dumb.
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
quote:

You speak of civilized, but reason uncivilized. You cannot even answer properly. So let's start there for starter! If not I will call you out again as you deserve.
Tell, how many Black Americans do you know? And what should Black Americans give to who exactly, when a lot of these Indians Americans are 5 dollar Indians?

It meaningless to discuss with someone who use ad hominems and name calling. You disqualify yourself as a debater by resorting to such things.

Seems you are stuck in your narrow view only seeing black peoples needs and immersing in victim mentality.

--------------------

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Not enough. Some Native communities are still among the most poor in America, while others do not live on the land once belonging to them. And all Native Americans do not have access to any special money or protected lands. It actually varies.

You never said what should be done. All you have is "the land belongs to… and it's not enough"?

Do they demand back all of America, let's start there? I mean the real Indians, not the pretendians.

quote:
If people have nothing intelligent to say they often resort to ad hominem

I made an intelligent observation about you being a blind bat and not being able to insert a proper intelligent and detailed argument. I did so after I had mad a summation of historical events, you simple ignore and disrespectfully brushed aside.

quote:
Yes, and I did not say that all African Americans believe in those lofty theories. Also some African Americans have made videos against those claims. But still too much of that misinformation is out there.

And how does a few people online become instrumental in this? Do you know how many fake history is being spread on a daily basis that actually effects people? It's not like some videos online by a few Black Americans. I just posted a source about $5 pretendians who steals billions od dollars from actual Native Americans. But you are here arguing over a few Black people online who claim to be indigenous to the Americans. They do not even claim the money owed to Native Americans. [Embarrassed]

quote:
It meaningless to discuss with someone who use ad hominems and name calling. You disqualify yourself as a debater by resorting to such things.

Ok, got ya. Now answer my questions, in an intelligent way. Be very detailed and specific when explaining your complaint.

If not you are disqualifying yourself from being able to talk about this topic all together [Big Grin]

It became meaningless the moment you could't respond properly and started to become repetitive. It could be fruitful if you had been able to give some actual and factual argument that is historically documented as well. We have actually physical anthropological osteology evidence.

-
Fort Amsterdam, shown here c. 1665, was built by enslaved Africans. Courtesy of the New York Public Library.

-
One of the earliest depictions of New Amsterdam, c. 1642.

https://www.scarsdalehistoricalsociety.org/slavery-in-new-york-and-scarsdale

quote:
Seems you are stuck in your narrow view only seeing black peoples needs and immersing in victim mentality.

Btw, what victim mentality? What are you talking about? Be detailed and specific. [Wink]

Why are the racist laws in American history all throughout American history targeted at the Black population?

quote:
Northern Blacks and the Reconstruction Amendments

The 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments to the Constitution, sometimes known as the Reconstruction Amendments, were critical to providing African Americans with the rights and protections of citizenship. The 13th Amendment formally abolished slavery. The 14th Amendment established African Americans as equal citizens of the United States. This amendment overturned the 1857 Dred Scott v. Sanford case in which Supreme Court Chief Justice Roger B. Taney had written that black Americans were not citizens and thus had “no rights which the white man was bound to respect.” Finally, the 15th Amendment gave African American men the right to vote. Northern African Americans were tireless advocates for these amendments, fighting for equality on behalf of their recently freed brethren as well as for themselves.

https://librarycompany.org/geniusoffreedom/northern-blacks-and-the-reconstruction-amendments/

quote:
Until hard, tangible evidence is found it is not really right to claim such things. And the worst propagandists do not only claim that some mariners visited the Americas,

This leads to the question why Moors became an integral part of the early travels to the Americas with these Iberians? These African men was called Libertos and knew how to communicate with the Native Americans.

quote:
Spain's heavy reliance on sub-Saharan Africans and their descendants to populate and sustain key Caribbean seaports resulted in social transformations which often mirrored or directly responded to contemporary events in precolonial Western Africa.
(David Wheat, The Afro-Portuguese Maritime World and the Foundations of Spanish Caribbean Society, 1570-1640)
https://ir.vanderbilt.edu/handle/1803/12406

quote:
Christopher Columbus arrived in the Americas, beginning the European colonization of the Americas. Contact with Europeans was deadly, triggering numerous epidemics that killed millions of Native Americans. Europeans enslaved Native Americans and also brought Africans to the Americas to provide slave labor.
https://www.nps.gov/brvb/learn/historyculture/columbustoemancipation.htm
Tazarah
Why are you stalking my social media?
Member # 23365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tazarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
arch complains about ad hominems as an escape route to avoid forming a rebuttal, but I could easily provide a handful of examples from multiple different occasions of arch throwing ad homs at me simply because I'm black and acknowledge the fact that I am a Jew.

What a silly hypocrite

Posts: 2491 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Tazarah:
arch complains about ad hominems, but I could easily provide a handful of examples from multiple different occasions of arch throwing ad homs at me simply because I'm black and acknowledge the fact that I am a Jew.

What a hypocrite

Yep, all this persons has done was insult people on a daily basis. And when being asked for come up with a proper answer to a question all we get is the same repatative arguments as before. Yet, this person demands a civil conversation. [Confused]

When asked why Buffalo Soldiers fought against them, he she it refuses to mention this part:

quote:
During the antebellum period, the Cherokee and other Southeast Native American nations known as the Five Civilized Tribes held African-American slaves as workers and property. The Cherokee "elites created an economy and culture that highly valued and regulated slavery and the rights of slave owners" and, in "1860, about thirty years after their removal to Indian Territory from their respective homes in the Southeast, Cherokee Nation members owned 2,511 slaves (15 percent of their total population)." It was slave labor that "allowed wealthy Indians to rebuild the infrastructure of their lives even bigger and better than before," such as John Ross, a Cherokee chief, who "lived in a log cabin directly after Removal" but a few years after, "he replaced this dwelling with a yellow mansion, complete with a columned porch." After the American Civil War, the Cherokee Freedmen were emancipated and allowed to become citizens of the Cherokee Nation in accordance with a reconstruction treaty made with the United States in 1866.
https://dbpedia.org/page/Cherokee_freedmen_controversy

quote:
 -

In 1860…Cherokee Nation citizens owned 2,511 slaves (15 percent of their total population), Choctaw citizens owned 2,349 slaves (14 percent of their total population), and Creek citizens owned 1,532 slaves (10 percent of their total population). Chickasaw citizens owned 975 slaves, which amounted to 18 percent of their total population, a proportion equivalent to that of white slave owners in Tennessee, a former neighbour of the Chickasaw Nation and a large slaveholding state.

https://intellectualtakeout.org/2019/07/the-native-americans-who-owned-slaves/

This person either has no decorum to have a civil and honest discourse, or is what I have mentioned prior, with this so called ad homonyms.

Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
About reparations to Native Americans: There are money reparations, but some think that land is more important, since the connection with the land is important in many Native cultures. But all land can not be left back since it is needed to keep the American society going. For land which is not possible to return there could be more monetary compensation which could be financed by tax money. How to avoid paying to the wrong people is something Native communities and the government must discuss. It is probably not unsolvable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/06/10/why-native-americans-dont-want-reparations/

I suppose it could also be discussions about which African Americans should get reparations. Shall all black people living in USA have it, or only people who descend from slaves? And how about mixed people, at which point is a person so mixed that he cannot really be seen as African American anymore? There can be more or less white people who had some black ancestors. But I suppose that is not unsolvable either.

And actually reparations to Native people and reparations to African Americans are not mutually exclusive. I suppose the AA communities has to negotite some arrangement with the government too.

I am not against reparations to anyone needing it, but I still think that Natives should be sufficiently compensated for their loss of land. If African Americans and maybe other minorities also will get reparations is something between them and American authorities.

Something about the Buffalo soldiers and the wars they participated in. They actually did partake in wars against Native Americans during 30 years, so they were indeed involved in the displacement of Native Americans, that is undeniable.

I thought of making a separate thread about the Buffalo soldiers, but since the discussion came up I can drop some content here.

For those who are interested in the context around the wars between USA and Native groups like Cheyennes, Comanches, Apaches and others some easy accessible articles can be a simple introduction. The Buffalo soldiers took part in about 160 military engagements during 30 years in the context of these wars. They also took parts in other conflicts like the Spanish American war.

The root of the wars with the Native tribes in the west was the westward expansion of American society with settlers, growing settlements, etc
Several treaties were signed between the US authorities and different tribes, but often the Americans broke the treaties.
The end goal was to round up the Natives and place them on reservations to live from handouts given to them.
In all of this expansion and displacement of Native Americans also the Buffalo soldiers took part. They were just as the white troops an extension of the authorities' long arm, taking part in displacing the Natives. One can maybe claim that they just followed orders and that they had no other choice, and that is maybe true to some extent. But in the end it is still up to the individual to decide what actions he want to be a part of. For example more of them could have deflected and took the part of the Natives and together with them fought against the white society. It was of course extremely risky, but war is also risky. However, done is done and we can just look at the events in retrospective.

Here are some links to some basic facts about the conflicts in the west, giving some background and an overview of important events. Most are from Wiki, which is not a great source but they are quite good at easy accessible summaries. And the articles mostly have lists of references and literature for further reading:

About Cheyennes which the Buffalo soldiers campaigned against in the 1860:s
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheyenne

Red River War against Comanches, Kiowa, Southern Cheyenne and Arapaho in 1874-1875
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_River_War

War Against Apaches in the 1870s
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victorio%27s_War

Pine Ridge and Wounded Knee, against the Dakotas in 1890-91
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wounded_Knee_Massacre

A 30 years war, a summary of the wars in the west
https://www.digitalhistory.uh.edu/disp_textbook.cfm?smtID=2&psid=3499

A book that gives an overview of some of the conflicts between the plains Native Americans and American society is "Bury my heart at Wounded Knee" by Dee Brown.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bury_My_Heart_at_Wounded_Knee

An article about Buffalo soldiers
https://www.blackpast.org/african-american-history/myth-buffalo-soldiers/

A Native American view, they have not been so keen of the Buffalo soldiers:

When M. Dion Thompson, an African American correspondent for the Baltimore Sun, visited the Wounded Knee cemetery in 1996, he encountered a Lakota woman who said to him. "Buffalo soldiers. Buffalo soldiers and the white man killed my people. My ancestors are up there! And I don't appreciate you being here. Why don't you go look at Abraham Lincoln's grave."

From Vernon Bellecourt, "The Glorification of Buffalo Soldiers Raises Racial Divisions between Blacks, Indians," Indian Country Today (Lakota times) , May 4, 1994

"The first contemporary salvo of dissent came from Vernon Bellecourt in 2005. Writing in the weekly Indian Country Today, a reliable forum for objections to glorification of Buffalo Soldiers, Bellecourt denied that the name reflected any "endearment or respect." As far as he was concerned, Plains Indians only applied the term Buffalo Soldier to "these marauding murderous cavalry units" because of "their dark skin and texture of their hair."
http://americanindiansource.com/buffalo%20soldiers/buffalosoldiers.html

I will end this with a quote from general Philip Sheridan who led many campaigns against the Plains Indians, and who is famous for saying "the only good Indian is a dead Indian." But even he recognized the injustice that lay behind the late 19th century warfare:
"We took away their country and their means of support, broke up their mode of living, their habits of life, introduced disease and decay among them, and it was for this and against this that they made war. Could anyone expect less?"

And the Plain wars were only a part of 500 years of displacement and outright genocide of Native Americans.

And a short note about Native Americans holding slaves. It was just a few tribes, about one percent that held slaves, and most of the tribes the Buffalo soldiers met had not had any black slaves. And in other parts of USA there were tribes that not even seen a black man.

Maybe one shall not compare different groups sufferings, maybe it is enough to say that both Natives and Blacks suffered during long time. Also some other groups had their share of sufferings.

With that I end my participation in this thread, since it is rather OT regarding the threads original subject.

Perhaps I make other threads about related subjects.

-
Buffalo soldiers at Pine Ridge 1890s

--------------------

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
About reparations to Native Americans: There are money reparations, but some think that land is more important, since the connection with the land is important in many Native cultures. But all land can not be left back since it is needed to keep the American society going. For land which is not possible to return there could be more monetary compensation which could be financed by tax money.

-

quote:

How to avoid paying to the wrong people is something Native communities and the government must discuss. It is probably not unsolvable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/06/10/why-native-americans-dont-want-reparations/

Looking at this picture, do I need to say more?

And Here is a better picture of him.

-

-

-

From the article.

quote:
Both groups have suffered centuries of severe damage, courtesy of the U.S. political and economic systems. There’s the legacy of slavery, Jim Crow laws and segregated housing nationwide. Similarly, the establishment of the reservation system, the “Kill the Indian, Save the Man”-inspired Indian boarding schools, and the Dawes Act of 1887 (the largest “legal” colonial dispossession of Native American lands in U.S. history) contribute to the social dysfunctions many American Indians experience daily.
The Dawes Act of 1887 is when the 5 dollar Indian made his / her way in, and started to claim money. The reserved billions, protective law, land etc.

quote:
I suppose it could also be discussions about which African Americans should get reparations. Shall all black people living in USA have it, or only people who descend from slaves? And how about mixed people, at which point is a person so mixed that he cannot really be seen as African American anymore? There can be more or less white people who had some black ancestors. But I suppose that is not unsolvable either.

As usually you have no idea what you are talking about. Black Americans have been disfranchised: based on the 1 drop rule, where they became colored people, negroes, Black Americans, Afro-Americans, African-Americans and not reclaim ADOS and FBA, which fall under the umbrella African American, which mean Black according to the census.

The people who can make the justice claim are the people who have direct ancestry to pre-antebellum and post antebellum Jim Crow, where people was registered at the census bureau as the monikers described previously, meaning have they been Black according to the
USA census bureau. That's the first step.

The second requirement is census bureau from to have at last 3 generations.

The last requirement is, one needs to be able t show they have registered as a Black person in this lifetime is Black over the last 30 years, from here on out and building up...

Why? Because the detriment has not stopped, it's still going on with many social justices that came right after the abolishment of the Jim Crow laws, Brown v Board of Education.

Affirmative action was supposed to be part of the reparations plan, but the people who mostly have provided from this was again a bunch of people known as white women.

You have no idea about the complexity and you are just saying any thing that comes to your mind, although it makes zero sense.

So for example in the case of UFC Fighter Ronda Rousey, who had Black Great-Grandfather (and therefore Black ancestry. She herself in not seen as a Black woman, but she should be a proponent and advocate for reparations as it benefits Black Americans, which indirectly will benefit her.

quote:
UFC Fighter Ronda Rousey's Great-Grandfather Was a Black History Pioneer. Rousey's mom shared the news about the family's Black ancestry. In news that came completely out of left field, it's been revealed that Ronda Rousey is related to one of North America's first Black physicians, Dr. Alfred Waddell."

https://www.essence.com/news/ronda-rousey-great-grandfather-black-history-pioneer/

quote:
And actually reparations to Native people and reparations to African Americans are not mutually exclusive. I suppose the AA communities has to negotite some arrangement with the government too.

You don't know what the hell you are talking about, Black people was promised 40 acres and a mule.

Black people have been making the justice claim since late 1800s, with Callie House, and many other platforms all throughout the history of America post-antebellum.

It's always has been rejected, and attacked, manipulate etc. hence is why you come up with all these crazy excuses and make zero sense.

quote:
Callie House is most famous for her efforts to gain reparations for former slaves and is regarded as the early leader of the reparations movement among African American political activists. Callie Guy was born a slave in Rutherford Country near Nashville, Tennessee. Her date of birth is usually assumed to be 1861, but due to the lack of birth records for slaves, this date is not certain. She was raised in a household that included her widowed mother, sister, and her sister’s husband. House received some primary school education.
https://www.blackpast.org/african-american-history/callie-house-c-1861-1928/

HR 40 has been going on since the 80s, where this corrupt government keeps telling the social issues have to be studied, meanwhile the government kept expanding on the socioeconomic disfranchisement with mass incarceration, .

quote:
The Idea of Reparations

Reparations for the slavery is not a new idea. Before the Civil War ended, General William Tecumseh Sherman issued an order in South Carolina. He wanted 40 acres and the loan of an Army mule set aside for each former slave family. This order was never carried out. After the war, Radical Republicans in Congress passed laws requiring confiscation of former-Confederate property to provide the ex-slaves with "40 acres and a mule." In 1866, President Andrew Johnson vetoed the legislation.

The next push for reparations took place at the turn of the century. Several black organizations lobbied Congress to provide pensions for former slaves and their children. One bill introduced into the U.S. Senate in 1894 would have granted direct payments of up to $500 to all ex-slaves plus monthly pensions ranging from $4 to $15. This, and several similar bills, died in congressional committees. The pension movement itself faded away with the onset of World War I.

During the 1960s, some black leaders revived the idea of reparations. In 1969, James Forman (then head of the Student Non-Violent Coordinating Committee) proclaimed a "Black Manifesto." It demanded $500 million from American churches and synagogues for their role in perpetuating slavery before the Civil War. Black nationalist organizations, such as the Black Panther Party and Black Muslims, also demanded reparations.

In the 1980s, a new call arose for black reparations. It was stimulated by two other movements that successfully secured payments from the U.S. government. The Supreme Court in 1980 ordered the federal government to pay eight Sioux Indian tribes $122 million to compensate for the illegal seizure of tribal lands in 1877. Then in 1988, Congress approved the payment of $1.25 billion to 60,000 Japanese-American citizens who had been interned in prison camps during World War II.

In April 1989, Council Member Ray Jenkins guided through the Detroit City Council a resolution. It called for a $40 billion federal education fund for black college and trade school students. About the same time, a conference of black state legislators meeting in New Orleans backed the idea of a federally financed education fund for descendants of slaves. Shortly afterward, Rep. John Conyers Jr. (D-MI) drafted a bill calling for the establishment of a congressional commission to study the impact of slavery on African-Americans.

[...]

https://www.billtrack50.com/BillDetail/1001975

quote:
I am not against reparations to anyone needing it, but I still think that Natives should be sufficiently compensated for their loss of land. If African Americans and maybe other minorities also will get reparations is something between them and American authorities.

As shown prior, Native Americans received reparations and land, and and have continued to receive funds, separate land and protective laws.

Here is more:

quote:
Tribal sovereignty refers to the right of American Indians and Alaska Natives to govern themselves. The U.S. Constitution recognizes Indian tribes as distinct governments and they have, with a few exceptions, the same powers as federal and state governments to regulate their internal affairs.
https://www.ncsl.org/legislators-staff/legislators/quad-caucus/an-issue-of-sovereignty.aspx

quote:
The US Constitution recognizes that tribal nations are sovereign governments, just like Canada or California. Sovereignty is a legal word for an ordinary concept—the authority to self-govern.
https://www.ncai.org/policy-issues/tribal-governance

This is the "spokesman", Larry Wright Jr

-

https://journalstar.com/larry-wright-jr/image_1572e7a2-f2a6-51a3-9026-d500949e577b.html

Here is another representative:

-
NCAI President Fawn Sharp, March 20, 2022. Sharp is also the Vice President of the Quinault Indian Nation. (Photo by Dalton Walker, Indian Country Today)

Make it make sense?

-

-

All you do is spinning around the same argument that has been refuted already. It's obvious you have no clue what you are talking about. Simply because you lack knowledge on the topic of political science.

And there's no other "minorities" that have suffered what Black Americans had to endure. Black Americans systemically have been locked out of generational wealth. This is why all these Laws, Acts and Legislations have been imposed upon Black Americans pre and post antebellum.

You don't understand American history, nor political science. This is why you make zero sense.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Something about the Buffalo soldiers and the wars they participated in. They actually did partake in wars against Native Americans during 30 years, so they were indeed involved in the displacement of Native Americans, that is undeniable.

This was already explained, but as usually you are back into your circular argument that was debunked already. At the time some of these Native American tribes sided with white colonizers (confederates), so it's not a black / white issues.

It's a gray area where Black Americans got enslaved by some of these Native Americans who traded the enslaved, with White Americans.

What you are saying is that Black Americans should not have fought back against those who tried to enslave them.

This is why some tribes sided with the confederacy. And one could make the argument that these 5 dollar Indians (pretendians) are the direct descendants of confederates, which would make a lot of sense.

We also have a history of Native Americans forming a union… with:

quote:
The Black Maroons of Florida, also known as Black Seminoles, Seminole Maroons, and Seminole Freedmen, were a community derived from Runaway slaves who integrated into American Indian culture.

[…]

During the first of two so-called Seminole Wars, Blacks and Indians fought side by side against American incursion into the region. Spain sold Florida to the United States in 1819 but even before the transfer, in 1818, General Andrew Jackson sent U.S. forces down the Apalachicola River to defeat and destroy Maroon, Seminole, and Creek communities. They destroyed the Maroons’ and Indian villages. Black Maroons and the Seminoles responded by moving further south into the more remote forests of central and southern Florida. Many Black Seminoles left Florida for Andros Island in the Bahamas.

[...]

They were mostly Gullah fugitives who escaped from the rice plantations in South Carolina and Georgia who joined with the newly formed Seminole groups who broke away from the Muskogee or Creek people.

[…]

Black maroons and the Seminoles also shared numerous cultural similarities regarding cuisine, tribal dancing, and dwelling construction There were differences such as religious practices and languages—the Seminoles spoke Creek and the maroons spoke Afro-Seminole Creole. These differences, however, did not prevent intercultural marriages or military alliances. The Florida Native American communities protected Black Seminoles from re-enslavement. In return, they provided manpower in military conflicts with the Spanish or Americans. Overall, the Florida Maroons lived independently of the Indians without oversight.

https://www.blackpast.org/african-american-history/concepts-african-american-history/the-black-maroons-of-florida-1693-1850/

quote:
The Cherokee, Choctaw, Seminole, Catawba, and Creek tribes were the only tribes to fight on the Confederate side."
https://www.familysearch.org/en/wiki/Indigenous_Peoples_in_the_American_Civil_War

quote:
At the outset of the war, many nations in Indian Territory signed treaties with the Confederacy—supported by a minority of wealthy slave-holding Indians within their communities. But those sympathies weren’t monolithic: Many Indians leaned toward abolitionism and advocated for sovereign independence from the U.S. and its bloody conflict. As the war progressed, momentum shifted as three Indian Home Guard regiments emerged to support the Union and protect vulnerable tribal communities from violent guerrilla warfare. The result: Indians fighting Indians in a white man’s war.

While Native American soldiers went to battle for a variety of reasons—to support or fight slavery, to defend tribal sovereignty and to protect family and community—the war did little to advance their needs and interests. Instead, it aggravated longstanding internal tribal tensions and ravaged territory the U.S. government had relocated them to decades earlier, creating a new wave of impoverished refugees.

https://www.history.com/news/civil-war-native-american-indian-territory-cherokee-home-guard

-

-

-

-
Buffalo soldiers at Pine Ridge 1890s

quote:
The Commission to the Five Civilized Tribes was appointed by President Grover Cleveland in 1893 to negotiate land with the Cherokee.

-

Will Rogers and his wife, 1935.
Will's application to the Dawes Commission in 1900 was accepted, and he was enrolled as a member of the Cherokee Nation.

https://www.archives.gov/research/native-americans/dawes/tutorial/intro.html

Once again, you make zero sense. This is why you get this recycling slap in the face.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3553/3325331743_08c2f659b9_b.jpg

Thank you, this man is from Bolivia, Peru or somewhere in Latin America, Southwest.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=009058

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tribuducoin/with/3325331743/

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
It says right there he's Mexican
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
It says right there he's Mexican

Ok, I didn't see that. I am not too familiar with Amerindians from Mexico (Mesoamerica). I am more familiar with Amerindians from the Amazon forest.

What is his ethnic group? What part of Mexico?

From what I know the Indians from the Amazon always sided with the maroons.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -
Russell Begaye is a Navajo politician who served as the 8th president of Navajo Nation from May 2015 to January 2019. Born in Shiprock, New Mexico,

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
 -

Navajo Radmilla Cody,

Cody is a traditional Navajo recording artist, Indie Award winner, Native American Award nominee, Miss Navajo Nation (1997)

https://www.rit.edu/liberalarts/news/navajo-recording-artist-speak-perform-rit

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
 -

Navajo Radmilla Cody,

Cody is a traditional Navajo recording artist, Indie Award winner, Native American Award nominee, Miss Navajo Nation (1997)

Radmilla Cody's father is African American.
Did you know that?

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
 -

Navajo Radmilla Cody,

Radmilla Cody's father is African American.
Did you know that?

So she doesn't have Native American ancestry?

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
don't be silly
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
 -

-

-

quote:
The Arawak community is celebrated on this date in 1500. They are a non-white community of indigenous peoples of South America and the Caribbean.

Specifically, the term "Arawak" has been applied at various times to the Lokono of South America and the Taíno, who historically lived in the Greater Antilles and the northern Lesser Antilles in the Caribbean. All these groups spoke related Arawakan languages. The term Arawak originally was applied by white Europeans specifically to the South American community who self-identified as Arawak, Arhuaco, or Lokono. Their Arawak language is the name of the overall Arawakan language family. Arawakan speakers in the Caribbean were also historically known as the Taíno, a term meaning “relative”.

[...]

The Arawakan languages may have emerged in the Orinoco River valley. They subsequently spread widely, becoming by far the most extensive language family in South America at the time of white-European contact, with speakers located in various areas along the Orinoco and Amazonian rivers and their tributaries. The group that self-identified as the Arawak, also known as the Lokono, settled the coastal areas of what is now Guyana, Suriname, Grenada, Jamaica, and parts of the islands of Trinidad and Tobago. The Spaniards who arrived in the Americas in 1492, and later in Puerto Rico, did not bring women on their first expeditions.

[...]

In the 21st century, these descendants, about 10,000 Lokono, live primarily in the coastal areas of Venezuela, Guyana, Suriname, and French Guiana, with additional Lokono living throughout the larger region. Unlike many indigenous groups in South America, the Lokono population is growing.

https://aaregistry.org/story/the-arawak-community-a-brief-story/

quote:
“All Native American mtDNA can be traced back to five Haplogroups called A, B, C, D, and X. More specifically, Native American mtDNA belongs to sub-haplogroups that are unique to the Americas and not found in Asia or Europe: A2, B2, C1, D1, and X2a (with minor groups C4c, D2, D3, and D4h3)”
https://thegeneticgenealogist.com/2008/03/17/the-six-founding-native-american-mothers/

quote:
Ancient DNA From Frozen Hair May Untangle Eskimo Roots

-

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.320.5880.1146b

quote:
Notwithstanding the general interest and the geopolitical importance of the island countries in the Greater Antilles, little is known about the specific ancestral Native American and African populations that settled them.

In an effort to alleviate this lacuna of information on the genetic constituents of the Greater Antilles, we comprehensively compared the mtDNA compositions of Cuba, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Jamaica and Puerto Rico.

To accomplish this, the mtDNA HVRI and HVRII regions, as well as coding diagnostic sites, were assessed in the Haitian general population and compared to data from reference populations.

The Taino maternal DNA is prominent in the ex-Spanish colonies (61.3%–22.0%) while it is basically non-existent in the ex-French and ex-English colonies of Haiti (0.0%) and Jamaica (0.5%), respectively. The most abundant Native American mtDNA haplogroups in the Greater Antilles are A2, B2 and C1. The African mtDNA component is almost fixed in Haiti (98.2%) and Jamaica (98.5%), and the frequencies of specific African haplogroups vary considerably among the five island nations.

The strong persistence of Taino mtDNA in the ex-Spanish colonies (and especially in Puerto Rico), and its absence in the French and English excolonies is likely the result of different social norms regarding mixed marriages with Taino women during the early years after the first contact with Europeans. In addition, this article reports on the results of an integrative approach based on mtDNA analysis and demographic data that tests the hypothesis of a southward shift in raiding zones along the African west coast during the period encompassing the Transatlantic Slave Trade.

Taino and African maternal heritage in the Greater Antilles

quote:
“Thirteen of the 18 haplogroups previously observed in African populations were observed in the African American populations: L1a, L1b, L1c, L2a, L2b, L2c, L3b, L3d, L3e1, L3e2, L3e3, L3e4, and L3f”
(Derek C. Johnson et al., Mitochondrial DNA. 2015 Jun; 26(3): 445–451., Mitochondrial DNA diversity in the African American population)

quote:
“In this context, the Dominican Republic is in line with the observations from other Caribbean and non-Caribbean American regions. All the mtDNA African lineages account for 61% of the maternal haplogroups, with the most frequent mtDNA lineages being the sub-Saharan L1c, L2a, L3b, and L3d, all reaching frequencies higher than 10%.

Y Haplogroup Diversity of the Dominican Republic: Reconstructing the Effect of the European Colonization and the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trades”

(Eugenia D’Atanasio et al., Y Haplogroup Diversity of the Dominican Republic: Reconstructing the Effect of the European Colonization and the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trades)

Haplogroups (Diaspora), Dissecting the Within-Africa Ancestry of Populations of African Descent in the Americas.

-

https://tracingafricanroots.wordpress.com/dna-studies/haplogroups-diaspora/

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0014495

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Considering Yacub was discussed before, has anyone ever hear of Dorothy Blake Fardan? I recently have heard of this woman. She was a white woman in the NOI. She has published some books.

From what was told the Yacub story comes from her. Not sure to what degree this is true.

Yakub & The Origins Of White Supremacy: Message To The White Man & Woman In America.

-

Lonesome Road: Journey to Islam and Liberation.

-

Message to the White Man and White Woman in America: Yakub and the Origins of White Supremacy.

-

Reparations, the cure for America's race problem: A collaborative effort in reparations advocacy by the founding members of C.U.R.E.

-

-

quote:
On a recent summer trip to Richmond, VA I came across Lonesome Road: Journey to Islam and Liberation by Dorothy Blake Fardan. I had almost dismissed Fardan’s memoir but soon realized I had stumbled upon a gem. In Lonesome Road Fardan recounts her life’s journey from her childhood growing up in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky to venturing a monastic path as a teenager and ultimately accepting Islam and becoming part of the Nation of Islam. However, what sets Fardan apart from other NOI members, is her race. Fardan is said to be the first white woman member of the NOI. This caused her to became a bit of a sensation. A 1976 article from the Chicago Tribune offers a brief biographical sketch of Fardan: “She said she was baptized a Catholic, entered a convent in Los Angeles to join the order of the Sisters of Social Service but was ‘radicalized’ by the student movement and her husband, Donald 12X Dorsey, a Muslim and former member of the Black Panther Party. Dr. Dorsey, who has a Ph.D in sociology and anthropology, said, ‘Around the late sixties while teaching on various college campuses, I became disenchanted and began searching for truth, something real that was not so hypocritical. I found that in Islam.'”

[...]

Fardan has authored several other books including, Yakub: and the Origin of White Supremacy and Cure: Reparations is the Cure for America’s Race Problems. Currently, Fardan, is a professor of Sociology/Anthropology at Bowie State University in Maryland.

Fardan, Dorothy Blake. 2009. Lonesome Road: Journey to Islam and Liberation. Drewryville, VA: UBUS Communications Systems.

Reynolds, Barbara. 1976. First White Woman Becomes a Muslim. Chicago Tribune, March 2, sec. C p. 12.

(published 2012)

https://islamicana.com/2012/09/12/lonesome-road-one-womans-journey-to-the-noi/

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

Reynolds, Barbara. 1976. First White Woman Becomes a Muslim. Chicago Tribune, March 2, sec. C p. 12.

(published 2012)

https://islamicana.com/2012/09/12/lonesome-road-one-womans-journey-to-the-noi/ [/QB][/QUOTE]

Warith Deen Mohammed (born Wallace D. Muhammad; October 30, 1933 – September 9, 2008), also known as W. Deen Mohammed, Imam W. Deen Muhammad and Imam Warith Deen, was an African-American Muslim leader, theologian, philosopher, Muslim revivalist, and Islamic thinker (1975–2008) who disbanded the original Nation of Islam (NOI) in 1976 and transformed it into an orthodox mainstream Islamic movement, the Bilalians (1975), World Community of Al-Islam in the West (1976–77), American Muslim Mission (1978–85,)[1] which later became the American Society of Muslims.[2][3][4] He was a son of Elijah Muhammad, the leader of the Nation of Islam from 1933 to 1975.[5][6]

He became the national leader (Supreme Minister) of the Nation of Islam in 1975 after his father's death.[7][8] He rejected the previous deification of Wallace Fard Muhammad, accepted whites as fellow-worshippers, forged closer ties with mainstream Muslim communities, and introduced the Five Pillars of Islam into his group's theology

Splinter groups resisting these changes formed after Elijah Muhammad's death, particularly under Louis Farrakhan, who in 1978 would revive the name Nation of Islam (from Final Call) for his organization. Farrakhan's NOI and the previous Final Call claim direct continuity from the pre-1975 NOI.

Though Fardan had accepted Islam it was several years before she and her husband (whom she calls “Piccolo”) could worship together in the same mosque. Below is an excerpt from her autobiography. Fardan recalls the day she tried to formally join the NOI:

The Honorable Elijah Muhammad had departed this world in February 1975, shortly before we left Canada for Jamaica. While in Jamaica, news filtered down that the Nation of Islam no longer would close its doors to caucasians or any other ethnic group. Elijah Muhammad’s son, Wallace D. Muhammad, stepped forward as the new leader. I had in fact already written a letter to the leadership in Chicago appealing for entrance into the Nation before the news of the open door policy broke in the New York Times.

After consulting with Piccolo, I immediately planned to go to the temple (mosque) in Kingston the following Sunday. And this I did, accompanied by Piccolo, Mackenzie and a cab full of visitors (called “fish” in the language of the Nation those days). But I could not enter that day. The brothers on post explained that they knew of the rumors about the new policy but had received no official word from Chicago at the time. I was near tears, but understood their decision and admired them for standing firm in the line of command. I knew in my heart that they were struggling with this logistical obstacle that separated us on the steps of the mosque that day. Years of teaching and policy were on trial. The Qur’an was not on trial, but the whole teaching of the “white devil” was.

I loved and respected the Hon. Elijah Muhammad, even though I never saw him in person or heard him teach. I understood the devil teaching and I understood the reality of white supremacy. I loved the fact that the Nation for forty years had preached Black pride in the streets of America’s ghettos. Even though not all Blacks in the Americas were Muslim, all had been impacted by the powerful message delivered by the Nation. By 1975, “Black is Beautiful” and “Black Liberation” were common terms in the Black Community.

I insisted that Piccolo and his visitors stay that day and I would take a cab back to the house where we lived. For days following Black Family Day and being turned away from the mosque, I felt a deep loneliness. Not that I ever felt lonely in the Universe, for all of my life the structure and beauty of the natural order had been my church and temple. I had indeed been a loner in many respects, but always found solace in nature. I thrived on solitude. But it was the loneliness of being without a people; a real community; some body of men and women with whom I held a common bond and aim. I felt a real affinity with revolutionary movements, and had moved in harmony with the peace movement and many of those identified as “hippies.” But after meeting Piccolo and Islam through him, I knew it was among the Muslims, the Nation of Islam, that I wanted to dedicate my service and loyalty. (p. 381-382)

The story of Yakub originated in the writings of Wallace Fard Muhammad, the founder of the Nation of Islam, in his doctrinal Q&A pamphlet Lost Found Moslem Lesson No. 2.[4] It was developed by his successor Elijah Muhammad in several writings, most fully in a chapter entitled "The Making of Devil" in his book Message to the Blackman in America.(1965)

Video interview with Dorothy Blake Fardan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMXOPIdae5o&t=150s

From its beginnings in 1930s Detroit, the Nation of Islam has relied on a guarded series of texts, known as the Supreme Wisdom Lessons, to initiate and educate members. These texts appear primarily as exchanges between Nation founder Fard Muhammad and his student, Elijah Muhammad. Memorization, recitation, and interpretation of the Lessons have been of central importance to the Nation throughout its history.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=edit_post;f=18;t=000208;reply_num=000929;u=00017353

THE SUPREME WISDOM
LESSONS
by
MASTER FARD MUHAMMAD to His Servant,
THE MOST HONORABLE ELIJAH MUHAMMAD
for
THE LOST-FOUND NATION OF ISLAM in NORTH AMERICA
THE SUPREME WISDOM LESSONS
Originated By Our Saviour, MASTER FARD MUHAMMAD

III. STUDENT ENROLLMENT
(Rules of Islam)
The following questions must be answered one hundred percent before submittance of Student to
said, Lesson No,1.

1. Who is the Original man?
2. Who is the Colored man?

1. The original man is the Asiatic Black man; the Maker; the Owner; the
Cream of the planet Earth - Father of Civilization, God of the
Universe.
2. The Colored man is the Caucasian (white man). Or, Yacub's grafted
Devil - the Skunk of the planet Earth.

IV. LOST FOUND MUSLIM LESSON NO. 1

4. Why did we run Yacob and his made Devil from the Root
of Civilization, over the hot desert, into the caves of
West Asia, as they now call it - Europe? What is the
meaning of Eu and Rope? How long ago? What did the
Devil bring with him? What kind of life did he live?
And how long before Mossa came to teach the Devil of
the forgotten Tricknollegy?
Answer: Because they had started making trouble among the
righteous people telling lies. They accused the
righteous people causing them to fight and kill one
another.
Yacub was an original man and was the Father of the
Devil. He taught the Devils to do this devilishment.
The Root of Civilization is in the Arabian Desert. We
took from them everything except the language and
made him walk every step of the way. It was twenty-
two hundred miles. He went savage and lived in the
caves of Europe. Eu means hillsides and Rope is the
rope to bind in. It was six thousand nineteen years
ago.
Mossa came two thousand years later and taught
him how to live a respectful life, how to build a home
for himself and some of the Tricknollegy that Yacub
taught him, which was devilishment - telling lies,
stealing any how to master the original man.
Mossa was a half-original, a prophet, which was
predicted by the Twenty-Three Scientists in the year,
One - fifteen thousand nineteen years ago today.

28. And what kind of Rules and Regulations - including all Laws enforced
while manufacturing the Devil?
ANS. Yacub's first rule was to see that all his followers were healthy, strong and
good breeders. If not, he sent them back (all that he found that was not
good in multiplying), and that they should marry at the age of sixteen.
Next, Yacub gave his people the Law On Birth Control - to be enforced while
manufacturing the Devil. That was to destroy the alike and save the
unlike, which means kill the (Black babies) and save the brown babies.
This law was given to the doctors, the ministers, the nurses and cremator.
The Doctor's law was to examine all that marry. And this was his law:
That anyone desiring to marry must, first, be qualified by the doctor and, in
turn, he qualified or disqualified them to the minister.
The minister would marry only the ones that were unlike.
The Nurse's law was to kill the Black babies at birth by sticking a needle in
the brain of the babies or feed it to some wild beast; and tell the mother
that her baby was an angel baby and that it was only taken to heaven, and
some day when the mother dies, her baby would have secured her a home
in heaven. But save all the brown ones and tell their mother that she was
lucky that her baby was a holy baby; and she should take good care of her
baby, educate it, and that some day it would be a great man.
All nurses, doctors and ministers - Yacub put them under a death penalty
who fail to carry out the law as it was given to them.
Also the Cremator, who would burn the Black babies when the nurse
brought it to him.
Also death for them if they reveal the Secret.
He also had other rules and laws which are not mentioned in this Lesson.

29. Tell us why he was successful in all his undertakings?
ANS. Because the people, who were his followers, obeyed Yacub's Laws.
Regardless what he told them to do, they did it. If not, they paid with their
lives for every law they broke.
Yacub did not build prison houses to imprison his people. When one fell
victim of the law, the penalty was death and was enforced in every victim.
30. Tell us what and how the Devil is made?
ANS. The devil is made from the original people by Grafting (by separating the
Germs).
In the Black man there exists two germs: one - a Black germ, and one - a
brown germ.
Yacub, with his Law on Birth Control- separated the brown germ from the
Black man and grafted it into a white by destroying the Black germ. After
following this process for six hundred years, the germ became white, and
weak, and was no more original.
Also, by thinning the original blood, it became weak, and it is no more the
same. Thus, this is the way Yacub made the devil.

FIRST TERM EXAMINATION
ASSIGNMENT
of
Mr. Elijah Muhammad
The following questions must be answered by:

Who was the Founder of Unalike Attract and Like Repel?
ANS. An original man, who was a scientist by the name of Yacub, born
twenty miles from the Holy City (Mecca) in the year - eight thousand four
hundred.
22. How old was the Founder?
ANS. When Yacub was six years old, while playing with two pieces of steel,
he discovered one piece had magnetic in it and the other piece did not.
Then he learned that the piece with magnetic attracted the piece that did
not have magnetic in it.
Then he told his people that when he was old enough, he would make a
nation that would be unlike, and he would teach them tricknollegy, and
they would rule for six thousand years.

10. Why did Muhammad and any Muslim murder the
devil? What is the Duty of each Muslim in regards to
four devils? What Reward does a Muslim receive by
presenting the four devils at one time?

Answer: Because he is One Hundred Percent wicked
and will not keep and obey the Laws of Islam.
His ways and actions are like a snake of the
grafted type.
So Muhammad learned that he could not
reform the devils, so they had to be murdered.
All Muslims will murder the devil they know he is a
snake and, also, if he be allowed to live, he would
sting someone else.
Each Muslim is required to bring four devils.
And by bringing and presenting four at one
time, his Reward is a button to wear on the lapel of
his coat.

Also, a free transportation in the Holy City
(Mecca) to see Brother Muhammad.

Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I was coming up on the EastCoast >50 yrs ago this is what we called a Redbone: a 'Black' of enough EastCoast Native descent to have long bone straight air and dark to very dark brown skin (the type PRs call 'Indios') most often of a different undertone than non-Native admixed Blacks generally have.

-

And "the coloured FM radio station" rocked https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lyRDiD0-qwuLxOfiCgqXkQIyCJW5U9GU8

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
In addition to Dorothy Blake Fardan.

quote:
Donald Elijah {Dorsey) Fardan, lovingly called “Potsy,” “Piccolo,” and Bro. D,” passed to his eternal home on October 3, 2007, following his second struggle with cancer. He was married to Dorothy Blake (Hill) Fardan for 36 years.

Though born in the Martinsburg community, he grew up in Washington, D.C. His life was music; he came up around some of the old harmony groups like the Spaniels, the Orioles, and the Knight Brothers. He sang bass, was with some local groups in the D.C. area when they performed at Howard Theatre.

He came up like many young brothers today, knew the streets and the Belly of the Beast. He loved his people and always returned to the old neighborhoods, sharing knowledge, money, whatever he could, with those less fortunate.

He embraced Islam in 1959 and became a member of the Nation of Islam.

His janaaza (funeral service) was held at Muhammad Mosque #4 in Washington, D.C., and he is buried in The Martinsburg Community Cemetery near his Home.

https://findagrave.com/memorial/92479719/donald-elijah-fardan
Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Punos_Rey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This thread has gone completely off topic.

Make a new one to discuss Indigenous Americans.

--------------------
 -

Meet on the Level, act upon the Plumb, part on the Square.

Posts: 574 | From: Guinee | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com