EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » COMPETITION (Page 10)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: COMPETITION
Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey friends,
It seems that am the only one here.

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

Posts: 544 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just got back ... give me a minute to read and i'll be posting again ...

jen

Posts: 661 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Monica

You should be back shortly ... hope u had a grand time!

Not much gossip for you, but Adoula's mask thread is getting very interesting ... awaiting your posts there!

And Laura started another great thread ... pictures from your home country ... could end up very interesting!

Haven't been around much over the last few days ... so probably you'll pick up a few more interesting things here than i ...

c ya shortly!

Traraaa
jen x

Posts: 661 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Adoula...don't leave so soon now!!!

msjen...get back here funny girl where are you running to???

Laura...excellent idea that new thread...

To all, I missed your posts, so I'll start reading them now...and that mask thread, friends: DYNAMITE!!! I'll get on it shortly!

PS: (december 8) I certainly did get on the mask thread, and replied to almost everyone....I have to take a nap now ya habaybi (my darlings)...and recuperate some energy...I'm happy I have 2 days off, in lieu of week-ends worked a month ago...!

Back tomorrow...keep posting you are the life of the threads..!

Salam,

Monica

quote:
Originally posted by Adoula:
Hey friends,
It seems that am the only one here.

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 08 December 2003).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A treat to all interested AVID READERS of fascinating distinct cultures:

Although the following book I'm recommending is not related to Egypt per se, the journey this Canadian author has taken, to Iran, shows us the 'other' side of a people you will be surprised to discover...and that reminded me a bit of the Egyptian 'hospitality'.

I hope you enjoy it!

The book:

'The honeymoon in Purdah' An Iranian journey
By Alison Wearing

[The author creates an authentic Iran, complete with fundamentalists and moderates, Muslims and Christians. Wearing though, seems incapable or unwilling to view anything negative or oppressive about Iran; she overlooks the chauvinistic fundamentalist laws and the blatant sexism and only views the kindness and hospitality of the country's inhabitants.]

BY THE WAY: The title is wearing a mask!!! I'll say no more.

Monica

quote:
Originally posted by msjen:
Hey Monica

You should be back shortly ... hope u had a grand time!

Not much gossip for you, but Adoula's mask thread is getting very interesting ... awaiting your posts there!

And Laura started another great thread ... pictures from your home country ... could end up very interesting!

Haven't been around much over the last few days ... so probably you'll pick up a few more interesting things here than i ...

c ya shortly!

Traraaa
jen x

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 07 December 2003).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Monica:
Hi Adoula...don't leave so soon now!!!

msjen...get back here funny girl where are you running to???

Laura...excellent idea that new thread...

To all, I missed your posts, so I'll start reading them now...and that mask thread, friends: DYNAMITE!!! I'll get on it shortly!

PS: (december 8) I certainly did get on the mask thread, and replied to almost everyone....I have to take a nap now ya habaybi (my darlings)...and recuperate some energy...I'm happy I have 2 days off, in lieu of week-ends worked a month ago...!

Back tomorrow...keep posting you are the life of the threads..!

Salam,

Monica

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 08 December 2003).]

welcome back dear friend ... i have the morning off tomorrow so maybe i'll catch you on es ... hehe

going to watch the matricx final part now, anyone seen it? aparently it's not very good but my german sense for perfection and completion tells me to watch the third part as i've already seen the other two...

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
A treat to all interested AVID READERS of fascinating distinct cultures:

Although the following book I'm recommending is not related to Egypt per se, the journey this Canadian author has taken, to Iran, shows us the 'other' side of a people you will be surprised to discover...and that reminded me a bit of the Egyptian 'hospitality'.

I hope you enjoy it!

The book:

'The honeymoon in Purdah' An Iranian journey
By Alison Wearing

[The author creates an authentic Iran, complete with fundamentalists and moderates, Muslims and Christians. Wearing though, seems incapable or unwilling to view anything negative or oppressive about Iran; she overlooks the chauvinistic fundamentalist laws and the blatant sexism and only views the kindness and hospitality of the country's inhabitants.]

BY THE WAY: The title is wearing a mask!!! I'll say no more.

Monica

Dear Monica
thanks for the above ... although i am still reading this other book you recommended ... not finding much time to read these days but will check the above out for a cold winter day...
jen x

Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Monica,

Although I don't have enough time to read it, but I know the story behind.

Since Iran is the only country the world traveler could not imagine going to alone, only an unusual woman would choose to travel there, and Alison Wearing is certainly that.

She took her fussy, gay roommate Ian, along with a fake wedding certificate and a story that they're on their honeymoon.

Wearing is also a poet, and she unveils the Iranians with innocence and grace--their hospitality, their quick acceptance and easy intimacy, and the real life of women beneath the veil.

Jen,
I think this will be your next book to read.

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

Posts: 544 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is Marketing

You see a gorgeous girl at a party.
You go up to her and say, "I am very rich. Marry me!"
That's Direct Marketing

You're at a party with a bunch of friends and see a gorgeous girl.
One of your friends goes up to her and pointing at you says,
"He's very rich. Marry him."
That's Advertising.

You go up to her and get her telephone number.
The next day you call and say, "Hi, I'm very rich. Marry me."
That's Telemarketing.

You're at a party and see a gorgeous girl.
You get up and straighten your tie; you walk up to her and pour her a
drink.
You open the door for her, pick up her bag after she drops it,
offer her a ride, and then say, "By the way, I'm very rich "Will you marry me?"
That's Public Relations.

She walks up to you and says, "You are very rich, I want to marry you."
That's Brand Recognition.

You go up to her and say, "I'm rich. Marry me"
She gives you a nice hard slap on your face.
That's Customer Feedback

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cute....... but do men in general, ask gorgeous girls at parties to marry them??? MMMM I doubt that, my friend!

msjen, what do you think about this???

quote:
What is Marketing

You go up to her and say, "I am very rich. Marry me!"
That's Direct Marketing

You're at a party with a bunch of friends and see a gorgeous girl.
One of your friends goes up to her and pointing at you says,
"He's very rich. Marry him."
That's Advertising.

You go up to her and get her telephone number.
The next day you call and say, "Hi, I'm very rich. Marry me."
That's Telemarketing.

You get up and straighten your tie; you walk up to her and pour her a
drink.
You open the door for her, pick up her bag after she drops it,
offer her a ride, and then say, "By the way, I'm very rich "Will you marry me?"
That's Public Relations.

She walks up to you and says, "You are very rich, I want to marry you."
That's Brand Recognition.

You go up to her and say, "I'm rich. Marry me"
She gives you a nice hard slap on your face.
That's Customer Feedback

Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monica,
I normally do so, anyone who's interested please meet me next Friday at ES party......lol

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahaha...
Maybe you should describe your characteristics, strengths and weaknesses...who knows!?

Is it my imagination or it's only you and I, and sometimes msjen that are around these days??? people are busy ...BUT I think it's time for a new topic Mr...a daring, controversial subject that would interest Egyptians and non Egyptians.

quote:
Monica,
I normally do so, anyone who's interested please meet me next Friday at ES party......lol

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 09 December 2003).]

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Adoula,

I'm waiting for that description
You must be busy...or..
the Runaway Groom????

Always in good spirit!
Monica

quote:
Monica,

Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
hahhahahahha,
Ok Monica
A man in process. Still using some mask.

I think it’s best to climb down off our self-built pedestal and refuse to pretend we’re perfect.

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
hahhahahahha,
Ok Monica

I think it’s best to climb down off our self-built pedestal and refuse to pretend we’re perfect.

oh no Adoula, do you really mean that i'm not perfect? oh no

hihi, sorry couldn't resist

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Refuse to what????
I refuse to refuse he he he...

Seriously guys, let's collectively think of a new thread...things are dying!!! People are bored...

quote:
hahhahahahha,
Ok Monica

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 11 December 2003).]

Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monica and Jen,
As already suggested here on this board (by Monica), a new thread should be started as soon as possible.

This time I will be more democratic, so will let U choose the new topic.

Here I will give U some suggestions, and certainly if U said one I will choose two and so on...This is democracy...lol

1- I see a lot of cute and interesting log in names on this forum. I was really curious what they stand for and how people came up with them. Are they nicknames and if so how did you get it? does it have a cute or funny story behind it?

2- Why do people feel the need to start numerous threads with exactly the same questions about Russian girls and Egyptian men over and over again?

3- Have a quote? Need a quote? Just love to talk about quotes? Egyptian jokes and quotes.

4- There are different types of questions. Some questions seem easily answerable, but, when really thinking about them are not. Some questions seem easy and are so. Some questions seem hard and indeed are hard.
Now can we answer the following one:
Which came first? The egg or the chicken!?!?!?!

5- Really strange dream I had one day.

6- Run as hard as a wild beast if you will, but you won't get any reward greater than that destined for you.

7- Failure is hard. But you know what? There are real payoffs if you can figure out how to get over the fear of it, how to live with it, and ultimately, how to use it to push ahead.

8- Behind every great man there is a surprised woman!!! So who or what is behind every successful woman??

Also, new topic/board ideas are always very welcome, so please post here if you have any!!

We need to get this group active and running again. (Sorry that I have been such a poor leader lately because of all my other "activities.")....lol

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adoula, you're the maaaan!

Thanks for the quick response, and Laura too thank you so much for the new thread. I know it has so much potential it could be super, as this board has so many great minds - Adoula you will probably love Laura's idea and if some of you are movie buffs you can certainly come up with a lot.

This brain storming session is fabulous, especially that it's away from the 'making a living process' he he he...

What if: you post them all...at once the ones that catch an audience and contributors will roll, like a snow ball, and that's what matters.

May I suggest that the top of the list be: New topic/thread ideas - please post yours here! Or something like that.

Because after all, the infusion of new blood and new life into the board is crucial for its survival!

Thankful Monica

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 11 December 2003).]

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Dear Adoula

Monica's idea of 'letting the people vote' is brilliant!!!

However, if you do want to hear my personal opinion: this russian/ eyptian thing is getting a bit boring ...

... but apart from that, i think that all those ideas are excellent!!!

please go ahead!

jen x

Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Monica,,,Yalla Adoula,,post them all and lets see what happens.
Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Hey guys, thanks for the support in regards with new threads, and Adoula that was so quickly. Shukran! I asked for a clarification though, if you don't mind. Merci beaucoup.

Until we get to the new threads, and before I run, here is some info for you:

DID YOU KNOW

That the Universe is as old as 15,000 to 20,000 million years, as a result of an explosion that propelled the galaxies away from each other?

If you knew, cool...and if you did'nt, now you do!!! and if you care to argue, discuss, disagree, challenge it., bring new info etc..etc...let the fun begin! And if you don't: party poopers!!!

Cheers!
Monica

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 12 December 2003).]

Aaliyah
Member # 2861

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aaliyah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
DID YOU KNOW

That the Universe is as old as 15,000 to 20,000 million years, as a result of an explosion that propelled the galaxies away from each other?

And what was before that?
Things like this can really drive me nuts... the other favorite of mine is "if the universe is not endless, then what comes after?"

Posts: 164 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:

If you knew, cool...and if you did'nt, now you do!!! and if you care to argue, discuss, disagree, challenge it., bring new info etc..etc...let the fun begin! And if you don't: party poopers!!!

excellent idea, will look into this but not today - NEVER been called a party pooper, hehe

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
DID YOU KNOW that the Chess expression: 'Check mate' [The king is dead]originates from the arabic expression: "El Sheikh Mat" [The old respectable wise man is dead]?

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 14 December 2003).]

fantachero
Member # 2707

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fantachero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,

I found this very interesting and wanted to share with you ....

" For twenty-seven years, always on June 17, an argentinean family photographed the faces of each one of yours members, always in the same position and in the same place. First the couple, later the children's
arrival, the white hair...

Now, that they placed their experience in the internet, the result is very interesting. It's the history of the pass of the time in our faces..."
http://zonezero.com/magazine/essays/diegotime/time.html

Posts: 117 | From: istanbul, turkey | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny
Member # 3248

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Jenny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello to you all!

I have read all your 492 post in this tread, and since this is my first post to ES, I found out it had to be in this tread. It's funny to read your posts, I really enjoyed it!

Keep up the good work!

Just one question? What is leading this competition now?

Posts: 16 | From: Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Jenny, how wonderful of you!!

We are going through a busier time these days, though, maybe you can take over he he he...

The competition is on until February...keep contributing, and maybe you can come up with your own threads, and that's the purpose really...!!! In terms of who is leading, you can tell by checking the numbers of posts under the member's name, on the last contribution

I just read your post again, and realized you asked WHAT is leading this thread: It's really a mix of topics still...Whatever comes to mind you can always share it here,start a discussion or make comments, and we'll jump in!

Would you care to tell us a bit about yourself and why do you love Egypt? That could be a leading topic

I have to run, but I encourage you to stay and I'll catch you later, msjen and Laura, will also be back eventually and hopefully Adoula, Fanta, Baba_Mido, Jamilah (where is she these days?) Aaliyah, and all the other members that have been contributing will pop up, once in a while.

Would you step into the: Voting Thread??? Give your vote to start a new topic.
Talk to you later new friend!

Happy Monica

quote:
Originally posted by Jenny:
Hello to you all!

I have read all your 492 post in this tread, and since this is my first post to ES, I found out it had to be in this tread. It's funny to read your posts, I really enjoyed it!

Keep up the good work!

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 16 December 2003).]

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Hey funny girl, I'll catch you then...
But let's keep the topic of the birth of life alive if you don't mind!!!

Happy celebrations as it's the season...to be merry he he he

Adoula, are you still there?

Salam
Monica

quote:
excellent idea, will look into this but not today - NEVER been called a party pooper, hehe

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Hello to you all!

Keep up the good work!

Welcome on board, Jenny

think we have the same names by the way, hehe, how old are you, lets compete on who had their name first, lol

jen

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:

DID YOU KNOW

Cheers!
Monica

aloha

i've been checking this out and i read several statements about the age of the universe and these differ quite significantly from one another.

a great source of wisdom explained to me today that the universe is 5 billion years old (UK not US billon I think)

this indeed propelled the galaxies away from each other and aparently there are three theories:
one, the universe will always continue to expand, aparently it has also been shown that the planets in our solar system have moved away from the sun
two, the universe will reach some equilibrium one day (rather unlikely) and three, the universe will reach its maximum expansion and then collapse into nothing. those wo believe in this theory believe that there have been more universes before our current one

the data that is published on the net appears to be from scientists who wanted to get their two cents' worth published somehow, couldn't find any reputable sources so far

would be great to see some more contributions on this topic, i shall certainly continue looking more more (scientifically backed) data

until then
jen x

nb Monica, see, threaten me with being called a party pooper, and i'll do my homework, hehe

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Dear msjen!

My source is not from the net, but from a most fascinating book - 1979 edition - that starts by scientifically describing the birth of the world. Woopee doo dah...what happened to the Adam and Eve theory

Apparently, in 1935 an inspired astronomer discovered that the Universe began 15,000 or 20,000 million years ago. The nearest gallaxy of our own, is 2 million light years away he says. And apparently, life, in the form of bacteria and micro-organisms began about 3500 million BC, or perhaps a little earlier. The first plants descended from bacteria, grew in seas. their immediate descendants were worms ( which came into being about 1000 million BC); shellfish, jawless fish, scorpions, and vertebrate fish, which were living by 450 million BC. The worms were the first living things which unlike their predecessors, plants, had to seek food from outside themselves: plants make for themselves the chemical elements wich they need in order to survive. From the vertebrate fish descended reptiles, large and small. Some of these were dinosaurs, the ancestors of turtles as well as lizards and snakes.

Hey...I'm starting to sound like a brain...not too much fun, he he he...no one else is interested funny girl...no contributions on this subject... I don't remember when, but someone, I also don't remember, told me that I should make an effort to sound a little dumber

I have to run, to attend a social event and maybe tempt some people into this discussion....or maybe not...that's enough to scare them away I think! SHOW ME THE DOOR PLEASE...YEAH...THANKS, BYE... or, worse scenario: gender plse???? hahahaha...

Catch you later friend, like in Dusseldorf!!

Sociable Monica
PS: Did you know that...Eratosthenes, an Astronomer from Alexandria, Egypt, who died in 194 BC calculated the circumference of the Earth at 24,650 miles, it was later corrected at 24,875 miles. I'm sure you were dying to know, he he he...

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 17 December 2003).]

Jamilah
Member # 2957

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jamilah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello my friends!!!!
Sorry for missing all these threads. Unfortunately, i've been ill all these days, had a soar throat, cough and high temperature but now i feel much more better and am open for you
So, i'll try to catch you up and to join you.

Oh, i'm so happy to be with you again, i missed you all!!!!!!!!!
What's going on here? i see that new people comes to the board welcome guys!!! and nice to meet you!!!!!!

quote:
Hey Jenny, how wonderful of you!!

We are going through a busier time these days, though, maybe you can take over he he he...

The competition is on until February...keep contributing, and maybe you can come up with your own threads, and that's the purpose really...!!! In terms of who is leading, you can tell by checking the numbers of posts under the member's name, on the last contribution

I just read your post again, and realized you asked WHAT is leading this thread: It's really a mix of topics still...Whatever comes to mind you can always share it here,start a discussion or make comments, and we'll jump in!

Would you care to tell us a bit about yourself and why do you love Egypt? That could be a leading topic

I have to run, but I encourage you to stay and I'll catch you later, msjen and Laura, will also be back eventually and hopefully Adoula, Fanta, Baba_Mido, Jamilah (where is she these days?) Aaliyah, and all the other members that have been contributing will pop up, once in a while.

Would you step into the: Voting Thread??? Give your vote to start a new topic.
Talk to you later new friend!

Happy Monica

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 16 December 2003).]

Posts: 247 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Hey...I'm starting to sound like a brain...not too much fun, he he he...no one else is interested funny girl...no contributions on this subject... I don't remember when, but someone, I also don't remember, told me that I should make an effort to sound a little dumber

hehe that would be like asking me to stop my silly comments - IMPOSSIBLE!

quote:
PS: Did you know that...Eratosthenes, an Astronomer from Alexandria, Egypt, who died in 194 BC calculated the circumference of the Earth at 24,650 miles, it was later corrected at 24,875 miles. I'm sure you were dying to know, he he he...

do you happen to know how he did that?

curious jen x

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Jamilah:
Hello my friends!!!!
Sorry for missing all these threads. Unfortunately, i've been ill all these days, had a soar throat, cough and high temperature but now i feel much more better and am open for you
So, i'll try to catch you up and to join you.

Oh, i'm so happy to be with you again, i missed you all!!!!!!!!!
What's going on here? i see that new people comes to the board welcome guys!!! and nice to meet you!!!!!!

Hi Jamilah
glad you're better!

well, about what's happening at the moment: we are looking for some wisdom on the eginnings of our universe
AND
we are making a film! (yippeehh) see Laura's thread.
AND
Adoula is trying to understand women (well, at least he's trying, hehe)

hope to read more of your posts soon
jen

Jamilah
Member # 2957

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jamilah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Jen!!!
You are so kind always get everybody involved in the process!!!
Hm? making a film - something new )) ok, i'll try to take part in it!!!
Mmmmmm... Adoula? trying to understand women.... Adoula don't try - you are a man you have another way of thinking, by the way i watched some program on TV about differences in men's and women's mentality and you know what i found that women depends on some hormones or ferments so much that if it changes so our mood changes and ability to think and to analize and whatever but you know it changes several times a day that's why women are more changeable than men, so i guess Adoula no chance at all )

Lucky to talk to you!

quote:
Hi Jamilah
glad you're better!

well, about what's happening at the moment: we are looking for some wisdom on the eginnings of our universe
AND
we are making a film! (yippeehh) see Laura's thread.
AND
Adoula is trying to understand women (well, at least he's trying, hehe)

hope to read more of your posts soon
jen

Posts: 247 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny
Member # 3248

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Monica!

Just a little about me.... I'm a 29 years old Norwegian girl. I live about 20 miles east of Oslo.

I have only been to egypt once. One week in Sharm,in october. And I met so many nice people and got a lot of new friends.... And I think I falled in "love" with how open and warm everyone was. I can't really explain it...

And I know i haven't seen the real Egypt yet...
But I'm hoping to learn more about Egypt, and that's why I like reading this treads... And I think you all are so funny sometimes...

See you...

Posts: 16 | From: Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny
Member # 3248

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Jenny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jen

[think we have the same names by the way, hehe, how old are you, lets compete on who had their name first, lol]

Well I'm 29.. and you? hehehe..

Since Jenny is not my real name... I let you win this competition...lol....

[This message has been edited by Jenny (edited 18 December 2003).]

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Hello hello there!

I have good friends from Oslo and I have to admit that I'm always so impressed with how polite, and discreet Norwegian people are.

As a matter of fact, if you are interested in learning much more about Egypt, I suggest a book written by a Norwegian Anthropologist UNNI WIKAN, 'Tomorrow God Willing'.

She is a Professor at the University of Oslo, and lived in Egypt many years preparing her doctorate back in the early 70's. She also wrote many other books, that are related to the Middle East, in general. The beauty of her writing stems from the fact that she lived with her case studies.

And please keep showing up on ES, it's a fun community that loves Egypt!!! Ask questions we all try our best!

Ooh... and msjen is very very funny he he he...

Cheers
Monica

quote:
Hi Monica!

Just a little about me.... I'm a 29 years old Norwegian girl. I live about 20 miles east of Oslo.

I have only been to egypt once. One week in Sharm,in october. And I met so many nice people and got a lot of new friends.... And I think I falled in "love" with how open and warm everyone was. I can't really explain it...

And I know i haven't seen the real Egypt yet...
But I'm hoping to learn more about Egypt, and that's why I like reading this treads... And I think you all are so funny sometimes...

See you...

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Jamilah...I was wondering what happened to you, cosa fai amica cara?

Wonderful to see you're better.

About Adoula and women... I think he is trying to make us talk, in order to teeze us better, later! he he he... OOPS it sounds like the big bad wolf and the red riding hood story ah ah ah!!!

Friendly Monica

quote:
Dear Jen!!!
Mmmmmm... Adoula? trying to understand women.... Adoula don't try - you are a man you have another way of thinking, by the way i watched some program on TV about differences in men's and women's mentality and you know what i found that women depends on some hormones or ferments so much that if it changes so our mood changes and ability to think and to analize and whatever but you know it changes several times a day that's why women are more changeable than men, so i guess Adoula no chance at all )

Lucky to talk to you!

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Dear Jen!!!

Lucky to talk to you!

... still not seeing any of your posts on the filming thread ...

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hi Jen

[think we have the same names by the way, hehe, how old are you, lets compete on who had their name first, lol]

Well I'm 29.. and you? hehehe..

Since Jenny is not my real name... I let you win this competition...lol....

[This message has been edited by Jenny (edited 18 December 2003).]

no real competition then
ok lets think of another one ...

by the way you would have won this one

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
msjen jen...

I happen to know how to research for it though

I knew it was certainly a mathematical formula based on some other mathematical formula, but I did'nt know EXACTLY WHICH I know a bit more, now.

I'll share it with you, Adoula's style (very informative style by the way):

[Eratosthenes made a surprisingly accurate measurement of the circumference of the Earth. Details were given in his treatise On the measurement of the Earth which is now lost. (hahahahaha) However, some details of these calculations appear in works by other authors such as Cleomedes, Theon of Smyrna and Strabo.

Eratosthenes compared the noon shadow at midsummer between Syene (now Aswan on the Nile in Egypt) and Alexandria. He assumed that the sun was so far away that its rays were essentially parallel, and then with a knowledge of the distance between Syene and Alexandria, he gave the length of the circumference of the Earth as 250,000 stadia.] And stadia is a Greek measure...you go check it ...got to run

There you go funny girl...we missed your posts! Keep posting let's reach 500 big ones on this thread, before the end of the year ...can you do it??? If you're game (as well as the other dear friends reading this)it's only 9 posts to go so here is an opening:

What do you think is the difference between internet Chemistry....and face to face chemistry between people??? And how can it be that through the internet, the chats are hot and the emails sizzle (between a virtual couple) and then no reaction what so ever - in some cases - when the real encounter occurs?

Looking forward to some ( 9 posts at least) interesting theories...

End of the year Monica

QUOTE]Originally posted by msjen:
do you happen to know how he did that?

curious jen x[/QUOTE]

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 20 December 2003).]

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
msjen jen...
What do you think is the difference between internet Chemistry....and face to face chemistry between people??? And how can it be that through the internet, the chats are hot and the emails sizzle (between a virtual couple) and then no reaction what so ever - in some cases - when the real encounter occurs?

thanks for the explanation, got someone set on findin' me some books about this, so i shall impress you after x-mas with some EASILY COMPREHENDABLE info, hehe

re chemistry, that should be easy, no?
here some thoughts of mine:

the way someone walks, moves, gestures, laughs , looks at things and people, the calmness or energy a person displays, the tone of voice, how he/ she RESPONDS to conversation or just throughs in unrelated sentences, ...

oh and MILLIONS more things are so important in order to be attracted to a person, either mentally or physically or both!

over the net you can see only who the person wants to be and not who he /she is.

(should have divided this up into two posts, )

Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monica & Msjen,
If U R talking about face to face chemistry between a man and a woman, huh, lets face it, man is not made to communicate with women, he can see T.V, can go out with his men friends, and at the end of the day come tired and sleep just like......lol

If U R talking about women women chemistry, huh, there is no real chemistry, all other women just smile on front of U, talk with U go out with U, but when U go back home, they sit together and say bad things about U....

Chemistry..huh, it is simply mathematics....lol

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Adoula and msjen,

You are both wonderful to keep the thread going...luv ya!

I believe in face to face chemistry...there's a click, a certain feeling that happens...or not... regardless of gender..there is a bond or there is no bond, and it goes for both.

When there's an internet relationship with the same gender, and there's a bond, it stays there and wether you meet or not I would assume that it develops into a fun friendship, whereas for the opposite gender, I would say if the internet connection, relationship becomes heavy and intimate and promises are made and..and..all based on the chemistry of the brain communicating, then when the face to face meeting occurs it should develop into an intimate/long term situation - wether it's part time or full time that is not my point...my point is how come that in some of these cases there is no chemistry, no sizzle, no passion, no reaction once face to face???

I would say it's the power of the imagination that transfers the positive feelings to the keyboard....he he he

Jamilah: don't feel bad, if things did not work out, it's because, he was not for you. Maybe he will realize how much he cares and stand by you anyway. If he does not...non piangere per lui carissima...there are others and time will heal. Thinking of you!

Greetings to all of you, and take good care while I'm gone!

Monica
XXX

quote:
Monica & Msjen,
If U R talking about face to face chemistry between a man and a woman, huh, lets face it, man is not made to communicate with women, he can see T.V, can go out with his men friends, and at the end of the day come tired and sleep just like......lol

If U R talking about women women chemistry, huh, there is no real chemistry, all other women just smile on front of U, talk with U go out with U, but when U go back home, they sit together and say bad things about U....

Chemistry..huh, it is simply mathematics....lol

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 22 December 2003).]

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
aloha Monica
when are you leaving us

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:

Adoula i wish you would say something nice about women one day - or maybe it's in your genes?

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Dear msjen!

My source is not from the net, but from a most fascinating book - 1979 edition - that starts by scientifically describing the birth of the world. Woopee doo dah...what happened to the Adam and Eve theory

Apparently, in 1935 an inspired astronomer discovered that the Universe began 15,000 or 20,000 million years ago. The nearest gallaxy of our own, is 2 million light years away he says. And apparently, life, in the form of bacteria and micro-organisms began about 3500 million BC, or perhaps a little earlier. The first plants descended from bacteria, grew in seas. their immediate descendants were worms ( which came into being about 1000 million BC); shellfish, jawless fish, scorpions, and vertebrate fish, which were living by 450 million BC. The worms were the first living things which unlike their predecessors, plants, had to seek food from outside themselves: plants make for themselves the chemical elements wich they need in order to survive. From the vertebrate fish descended reptiles, large and small. Some of these were dinosaurs, the ancestors of turtles as well as lizards and snakes.

I have to run, to attend a social event and maybe tempt some people into this discussion....or maybe not...that's enough to scare them away I think! SHOW ME THE DOOR PLEASE...YEAH...THANKS, BYE... or, worse scenario: gender plse???? hahahaha...

Catch you later friend, like in Dusseldorf!!

Sociable Monica

hey Monica, just letting you know that i am still reading about the 'birth' of the universe (and gravity, very interesting)

the info is hard to understand for a non-scientist and finding myself looking every other word up in a dictionary....

as no-one else seems to be interested in this, maybe a conversation over a beer somewhere (like in a place called Düsseldorf) would be more appropriate

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
hey everyones WHERE ARE YOU!
don't tell me you're still munching chocolates, CHRISTMAS IS OVER!
waiting jen

Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
quote:
Adoula i wish you would say something nice about women one day - or maybe it's in your genes?

Hi Jen,

"Men are like fine wine. They all start out like grapes, and it's our job to stomp on them and keep them in the dark until they mature into something with which you'd like to have dinner with."

"Women are like fine wine. They all start out fresh, fruity and intoxicating to the mind and then turn full-bodied with age until they go all sour and vinegary and give you a headache."

If my opinion matters, ok let me say the truth.

I have nothing against women, I love all women in this world, they are the center of a man's world. The reason of our existance, and the most beautiful thing in our life.

The problem is that women have so many expectations from men. They want our attention, they want our affection, and they want us to be their friends.

They want us to be compassionate, they want our understanding, they want us to be respectful, they want us to be honorable, they want us to be responsible, they want us to care, they want us to be sympathetic, they want our loyalty, they want us to be good lovers, they want us to be good husbands, they want us to be good fathers. They want us to be helpful, to be involved in all decisions, to be answerable, to be faithful. In simple terms, they want to re-mould us into a man as defined by women.

If you fail to meet their expectations there is a price to pay. No matter how much you do, it will never be enough; no matter how much you try, it will never be enough.

Men are not perfect, nor do we profess to be. There are many things that we do wrong, but everything is relative.

That's My Opinion. What's Yours?

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com