EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » should women wear a veil? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: should women wear a veil?
CaliGirl
Member # 4409

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for CaliGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assalamu Alaikum Newcomer & Adhra!!

Your posts are an inspiration of good virtues- Kindness and Tolerance!

I agree with both of you on your comments and replies.
We hear this so much. Separation of religion and state, which has brought a lot of freedom and independence but also can't help to think how far will this go, here in the US ppl trying to separate everything that relates to God in any public place such as schools, etc. When will ppl realize that we NEED GOD in our lives. We will not make it without Him, not the US or any other country. So if I have to give up some rights for the protection of Allah, let it be!

Posts: 62 | From: San Diego, Ca USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliGirl
Member # 4409

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My previous comment stems from reading the majority of these posts. So, should women be veiled or not? So if it is not stated as obligatory in the Qur'an then we could agree that it depends on one's personal conviction. After all Allha will be the judge of that. Should a Muslim country try to enforce this? Does it harm society and keep it from progressing as other Western societies? In all aspects? Maybe it does, including the freedom that I spoke about. But what happens after that? Mankind is never satisfied, therefore our need to continue liberating ourselves will eventually lead to the disbelief of the need for GOD. And that is my biggest fear. So would I give up some of my rights to conserve my religious beliefs. Yes I would.
Posts: 62 | From: San Diego, Ca USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cappa
Member # 4926

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cappa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
right on phagocyte... these pose some real good points..
i understand that some believers out there think that since the word of god is the quran and quran says wear it then u sh'd...but doesn't it have to make sense also, i mean demons crawling in hair?? why must females feel inferior, why sh'd they symbolize their purity or wtever by wearing this veil or higab..when they r just humans, naturally imperfect. ..while males dont have to. i feel that its a double standard..
yes u sh'd wear it when u feel ready..but why wear it at all....WHY?? someone answer me without saying god said so..

Posts: 135 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mokoo
Member # 4576

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mokoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by meteora:
I've been thinking lately about the veil 'hijab'...very confusing!
should women wear it?
Its just another way of tying them up?

Veils and Partial Seclusion

Dr. Badawi says modesty is required, but he totally sidesteps the hot issue of veils.

Muslims today apparently have at least three views on veils. Muslim women in many places wear a veil covering their face, or a burqa covering their body. Many who follow a modern or "neo-Islam" do not veil themselves. A third view, witnessed on a plane leaving Egypt is to be fully veiled in the Mideast, but to remove the veils, revealing western clothes once the plane is in the air. But our focus is not on the variety among Muslims today, but to see from the hadiths what Mohammed really taught and the earliest Muslims practiced.

Veils Are Required

The hadiths state that veils were for all Muslim women. Sahih Muslim vol.2 book 7 no.2789 p.606-607

The law that a woman must cover her face is included in the law that she must cover her private parts. Abu Dawud vol.2 footnote 2749 p.935

"…Allah does not accept the prayer of a woman who has reached puberty unless she wears a veil." Abu Dawud vol.1 no.639 p.168

Most curiously, veils are not required for slave women Sahih Muslim vol.2 book 8 no.3325,3328 p.721-722. Apparently the point was not the temptation of men, but simply modesty of Muslim women.

When Mohammed "took" Safiyah, the other Muslims waited to see if he would have her be veiled to see if she was going to be a regular wife, or unveiled for either a concubine or a "sex captive". He had her veiled, and made her a regular wife. Bukhari vol.4 no.143 p.92.

When the decree to veil women came. "Narrated ‘Aisha the wife of the Prophet : ‘Umar bin Al-Khattab used to say to Allah’s Apostle, ‘Let your wives be veiled.’ But he did not do so. The wives of the Prophet used to go out to answer the call of nature at night only at Al-Manasi’. Once Sauda, the daughter of Zam’a went out and she was a tall woman. ‘Umar bin Al-Khattab saw her while he was in a gathering, and said, ‘I have recognized you, O Sauda!’ He (‘Umar) said so as he was anxious for some Diving orders regarding the veil (the veiling of women.) So Allah revealed the Verse of veiling. (Al-Hijab; - a complete body cover excluding the eyes)." Bukhari vol.8 no.257 p.170

Interestingly, it is OK for a woman to stay in another man’s house if he is blind. Abu Dawud vol.2 no.2282 -2283 p.621

It is still OK for a woman to adorn herself for seekers in marriages. Abu Dawud vol.2 no.2299 p.627-628

One should have a look at a woman, you want to marry to create harmony. Ibn-i-Majah vol.3 no.1865 p.126

Similarly, it is good to look at a woman’s face before marrying her. Abu Dawud vol.2 no.2077 p.557

Posts: 195 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mokoo you are obsessed with hadith, please try to quote Quran some muslims MIGHT, i repeat MIGHT then trawl through what you actually post.

nah i doubt it i think you have already got people just skipping over your stuff

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blunt
Member # 4943

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blunt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mokoo
are you sure you did'nt mean MUCUS
you stink
you sound like a pig
you are nothing but a son of a b itch
bet you don't even recognize your own sh ;it when you see it coming out of your own ass
wish you get chronic constipation till they have to open you up to get the crap out of your f;u;ck;in brain

Posts: 115 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaguar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.muslimhope.com/womeninislam.htm
Quoted by mokoo

Believe me, you're giving Copts a real bad name.

Posts: 477 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blunt
Member # 4943

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blunt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mucus a.k.a mokoo is just a piece of stinking f u c k i n g crap

quote:
Originally posted by jaguar:
http://www.muslimhope.com/womeninislam.htm
Quoted by mokoo

Believe me, you're giving Copts a real bad name.

Posts: 115 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me thinks our blunt dont like our mokoo blunt, just ignore him, hes a retard he cant help it sad he just goes on and on and on and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blunt
Member # 4943

Rate Member
me thinks we need to fight the enemy and kill before getting killed
hang the f.....g bastard by the balls

quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
me thinks our blunt dont like our mokoo blunt, just ignore him, hes a retard he cant help it sad he just goes on and on and on and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
personally i dont want to go anywhere near his balls, or any other part of his twisted self. Dont let him bring you to the level he has tried so hard to bring everyone down to. people like that just dont 'see' anything, 'there are none so blind as they who will not see' and our mokoo is blind as a bat

Blunt, please carry on being blunt but please refrain from the 'f' and such words, we know mokoo is infuriating and we all at some point must mutter the same but refrain from actually posting it we get the point

quote:
Originally posted by Blunt:

Mokoo
Member # 4576

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mokoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I see is...panicking crowd who could not bear the truth....

Posts: 195 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mokoo
Member # 4576

Rate Member

[This message has been edited by Mokoo (edited 01 August 2004).]

cappa
Member # 4926

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cappa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

wow talk abt over reaction....looks like you're terrorist material and u give muslims a real bad name..
mookoo is just talkin and words can't hurt u, like sticks stones can..u poor bastard

Posts: 135 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blunt
Member # 4943

Rate Member
oooh cappa you are so polite I'm impressed
terrorist material: YOU BET...
How intelligent
aal cappa aaal ya Mokoo ya ebn el sh..

quote:
Originally posted by cappa:
wow talk abt over reaction....looks like you're terrorist material and u give muslims a real bad name..
mookoo is just talkin and words can't hurt u, like sticks stones can..u poor bastard

cappa
Member # 4926

Rate Member
quote:
oooh cappa you are so polite I'm impressed
terrorist material: YOU BET...
How intelligent
aal cappa aaal ya Mokoo ya ebn el sh..

sticks and stones AND TERRORISTS LIKE U, may break my bones but words will never hurt me..ya ebn el SHATRA inta kaman..(assuming thats wt u meant)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com