EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Reasons Why Relationships Fail (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Reasons Why Relationships Fail
Screw you
Member # 11942

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Screw you         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE MORE – in any relationship, communication is essential. One way is to build good listening skills. One needs to let the other person know what is in his or her mind. We cannot keep on second-guessing the other person. Open communication even becomes critical so as not to misunderstand each other. Problems arise when one partner expects the other to read his or her mind and you will agree with me that this is close to impossible.

2. SELFISHNESS – difficult as this may sound but when we are self-centered, we tend to dismiss the other person's feelings and say anything we want to say to suit our moods. To be outward-looking is to be concerned of the feelings of the other person. You can ask yourself "Did I make him happy today or did I hurt his feelings?" Again, its important to build good listening skills. Most of the time because of pride we tend to hurt the other. In order to maintain unity in a relationship, we need to remove our pride. How? By thinking and caring more for the other person and trying to serve him better.

3. LACK OF SHOW OF AFFECTION – we are social people. We interact with each other. One of the best ways to relay our feelings and concerns is a gentle touch, a warm hug, a peck in the cheek and other means of showing our affection. It is important to say "You know that I love you…" to the person dearest to you. However you need to also to show your love outwardly one way or another. For example, I make it a point to kiss my wife goodbye every time I leave for work. Affection brings warmth and closeness to each other.

4. RELATIONSHIPS THAT ARE NOT GOD CENTERED – Christians look at the phrase "Put God first in your Life". Christians believe that GOD is LOVE and experience His immense love. With the awareness of putting God in the relationship, we elevate that relationship into a higher plane, a higher level. This is an INCREDIBLE way of enhancing the relationship. Trust, concern, caring, being kind, forgiveness etc. naturally follows with this awareness that God is around, guiding the relationship.

5. ABSENCE OF FRIENDSHIP – "we're lovers, not friends" as a saying goes. But let's face it, being married for say, 7 years would make any couple fall from the ‘romantic' state and settle to a "dry" relationship. But keeping in mind that you were friends before you got married and that you did things that you had in common, you can press the "refresh" button and build that friendship. I found out that my wife IS my BEST FRIEND.

Posts: 1474 | From: in my own paradise | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a rather Western look on how marriage should be. And you also know "should and would" are words containing disappointments.
I think many (Egyptian) women would be very satisfied with only a few points from this in their marriage...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Screw you
Member # 11942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Screw you         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
where are the words would and should????

--------------------
Learn from the past.
Live in the present.
Hope for the future.

Posts: 1474 | From: in my own paradise | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the minds of the one who wrote this reasons, and in the minds of many dissappointed people, I guess...
There must be a reason to write this, and I think it`s disappointment...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Screw you
Member # 11942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Screw you         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No it's reality not disappointment

do you want your partner to be your best friend??? Yes

do you feel that you need to communicate more???? Lots of people say Yes

Can partners be selfish? yes

If you have children do you need to find time for you and your partner? yes

Do some people 'wake up' after 10 years of marriage or more and not recognise the person next to them? yes

--------------------
Learn from the past.
Live in the present.
Hope for the future.

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
So, after that waking up there is would and should in mind...And that`s ... etc.etc.

--------------------

Screw you
Member # 11942

what are you taslking about waking up????

It helps to know while you're married/relationship to keep the love alive.

Some couples go for a date on a friday or saturday night, to rekindle that old feeling.

some relationships can't be saved as there are other issues.

Is it important to make time for each other and value easch other and respect each????? YES

Do women sometimes neglect their husbands once children arrive? YES

Do some women let themselves 'go' once they are married??? YES

Is it important to know how to keep the marriage alive and remeber why you fell in love with each other??? YES

--------------------
Learn from the past.
Live in the present.
Hope for the future.

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Think you don`t get my point. Leave it.

--------------------

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
This is a rather Western look on how marriage should be. And you also know "should and would" are words containing disappointments.
I think many (Egyptian) women would be very satisfied with only a few points from this in their marriage...

lol
tell that to the two egyptian women who CONSTANTLY scream at their husbands to where the entire building hears almost everyday and sometimes waking everyone up at 2:00 a.m. They don't sound very satisified [Wink]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Screw you
Member # 11942

ROFL

Fridays just before or after prayers are usually intresting.

--------------------
Learn from the past.
Live in the present.
Hope for the future.

MrsC
Member # 10808

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrsC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
crap sex.
Posts: 549 | From: charm el feikh? | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But hell you can avoid all those problems above by not speaking the same language.

Many Egyptian/Foreign marriages thrive on the inability of both partners to speak a common language.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graf_Genn
Member # 11802

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graf_Genn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
4. RELATIONSHIPS THAT ARE NOT GOD CENTERED – Christians look at the phrase "Put God first in your Life". Christians believe that GOD is LOVE and experience His immense love. With the awareness of putting God in the relationship, we elevate that relationship into a higher plane, a higher level. This is an INCREDIBLE way of enhancing the relationship. Trust, concern, caring, being kind, forgiveness etc. naturally follows with this awareness that God is around, guiding the relationship.
[Roll Eyes]
I doubt my future wife will want any god watching our relationship in bed. I don't think I would be advocating being "god centered" while my face is between her thighs, as that might kill the mood. I would think who ever is running the universe has better things to do than watch over my relationships. Perhaps starting with ending war and poverty? Bugger off my relations and start doing the important things! [Razz]

Posts: 345 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Graf_Genn:
quote:
[Roll Eyes]
I doubt my future wife will want any god watching our relationship in bed. I don't think I would be advocating being "god centered" while my face is between her thighs, as that might kill the mood. I would think who ever is running the universe has better things to do than watch over my relationships. Perhaps starting with ending war and poverty? Bugger off my relations and start doing the important things! [Razz]

And I suppose you and your wife will be entirely unclothed during this process?

Are you sure you have Egyptian parents?

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graf_Genn
Member # 11802

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graf_Genn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unclothed, lightly oiled, and maybe a mirrored disco-ball or a strobelight [Razz]
My parents grew up in the Egypt of the 50's, 60's, and 70's. Things regarding religion have changed a lot, which is why many of their generation barely recognize the Egypt of today. Besides, I suspect my parents married for reasons other than their way of religion [Razz]

Posts: 345 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tami025
Member # 9181

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tami025     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
because men suck.
Posts: 229 | From: philadelphia, pa, usa | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tami025:
because men suck.

Lol! But don't women suck as well..... [Wink]
Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Am I bovvered(WOTEVER):
1. FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE MORE –
2. SELFISHNESS –
3. LACK OF SHOW OF AFFECTION – 4. RELATIONSHIPS THAT ARE NOT GOD CENTERED –
5. ABSENCE OF FRIENDSHIP –

Yes I can agree that my ex marriage failed on these points [Big Grin]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samarra_Anissa:

this is a joke, right? [Eek!]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Samarra_Anissa seems to be judging a whole nation of men on the behaviour of her ex husband. Is this fair? Implying that good-looking men are incompetent in bed made me laugh. Such sweeping generalisations are funny and I can only guess that Samarra is joking, regarding the unclothed remark. Men like their wives naked or with as few clothes as possible, the world over. I can't imagine the average Egyptian man having a different view on this.
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont get this u telling me that eg yptian men like there woman to be clothed and him too while having a good shag ....oh my my my i must be doin summat wrong then HAHAHAHA i know i forgot to peel my skin off ..i say peeeeeeeeeeeel me baby peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel me and eat me ,lavely orgasm .... [Big Grin]
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:
2. SELFISHNESS –

I agree with the above points, except the God centred one. That would be a deal breaker, for me. All of the happily married people I know don't have God centred relationships. God is not an issue.
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by SayWhatYouSee:
quote:
quote:
2. SELFISHNESS –

I agree with the above points, except the God centred one. That would be a deal breaker, for me. All of the happily married people I know don't have God centred relationships. God is not an issue.
oopps I had meant to delete that line too [Roll Eyes]
Bronzed Adonis
Member # 12416

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronzed Adonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Sharm:
quote:
because men suck.

If I have anything to do with it.... [Wink]

BA x

Posts: 40 | From: Nottingham | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Delivering a fatwa on oral sex, 79-year-old Dr Qaradawi describes it as a disgusting western practice, resulting from westerners' habit of "stripping naked during sexual intercourse"
[Big Grin]

http://www.guardian.co.uk/elsewhere/journalist/story/0,,1688285,00.html

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikoinlove
Member # 11597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikoinlove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is his personal idea not a fatwa.
Posts: 32 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
LOL Dalia. Clearly Dr Qaradawi has never heard of The Kama Sutra.

The Guardian: ''Actually, it had never occurred to me that Muslims might be required to keep their clothes on during their most intimate moments until a few months ago when I was browsing through IslamOnline, the website supervised by the prominent (and controversial) Qatar-based cleric, Yusuf al-Qaradawi.

Delivering a fatwa on oral sex, 79-year-old Dr Qaradawi describes it as a disgusting western practice, resulting from westerners' habit of "stripping naked during sexual intercourse".

I would credit other Egyptian scholars with a degree more sense than this. Dr Qaradawi does explain Samarra_Anissa's statement though I'm unconvinced this view is widely held.

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heheheheheehhe
i like this post

yes we do suck, and bloody good aswell

am i bovvered, you are totally right with everything you said, well done

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

The Guardian: ''Actually, it had never occurred to me that Muslims might be required to keep their clothes on during their most intimate moments until a few months ago when I was browsing through IslamOnline, the website supervised by the prominent (and controversial) Qatar-based cleric, Yusuf al-Qaradawi.

Delivering a fatwa on oral sex, 79-year-old Dr Qaradawi describes it as a disgusting western practice, resulting from westerners' habit of "stripping naked during sexual intercourse".

I would credit other Egyptian scholars with a degree more sense than this. Dr Qaradawi does explain Samarra_Anissa's statement though I'm unconvinced this view is widely held. [/QB]

No, This sheikh was widely critisized in the Egyptian newspapers for his fatwa........... It's absured that two people should have sex with their clothes on & if they were naked their marriage is not considered halal & it's null [Roll Eyes]

Oral sex is a personal preference........ In Egypt some people do it & some dont becuase they are disgusted by it

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Yeah, Angel, that's why I find more sense in the opinions of other scholars mentioned in the article. This seems like a matter of personal preference, the world over. Maybe Samarra_Anissa's husband is a follower of Dr Qaradawi? [Eek!]
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yeah, Angel, that's why I find more sense in the opinions of other scholars mentioned in the article. This seems like a matter of personal preference, the world over. Maybe Samarra_Anissa's husband is a follower of Dr Qaradawi? [Eek!]

LOL ............. I think people shouldnt be disgusted by it [Big Grin]
Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Bronzed Adonis:
quote:
quote:
because men suck.

BA x

you know each time you post i think NOOOO, there are NO bronzed adonis in Nottingham [Roll Eyes] [Cool]
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
Samarra_Anissa seems to be judging a whole nation of men on the behaviour of her ex husband. Is this fair? Implying that good-looking men are incompetent in bed made me laugh. Such sweeping generalisations are funny and I can only guess that Samarra is joking, regarding the unclothed remark. Men like their wives naked or with as few clothes as possible, the world over. I can't imagine the average Egyptian man having a different view on this.

Actually there was a few threads on this.

Again, you are wrong about this and not only me has done the research:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=008739;p=1#000044

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum2/HTML/007195.html

Unlike many women on this board, I was married on US soil, didn't meet him over the internet and wasn't a sugarmama. So I ended up with the authenic article.

I was put under the same constraints and expectations that an Egyptian wife would be subjected to without knowking what those constraints and expectations are.

But again I remember your first post on ES, and like many Brits/Europeans they just can't see the world doing anything different than they would. [Roll Eyes]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Unclothed, lightly oiled, and maybe a mirrored disco-ball or a strobelight [Razz]

[Big Grin]

Hey ladies if you want hubby to scream out of joy, reach out and hold his balls while in the act.

He will scream: "I love this".

And the term "Shiny Disco Balls" will have a whole new meaning.

Too bad you will be thinking of me at that very moment (evil grin).

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by MKforAMango:

thats spoilt it now, this will happen you know and bursting out laughing at that moment is not going to be a good thing [Roll Eyes]
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
LOL Dalia. Clearly Dr Qaradawi has never heard of The Kama Sutra.

... or the Chinese "Tao of Love", for that matter. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see where Qaradawi said it's not allowed?

All I can see is him finding it disguesting but that's his personal opinion, and many men would find it disguesting too.

When it comes to him saying it's allowed or not, he said it's allowed and anything which pleases man and woman in sex is allowed except anal.

What's the problem ? [Confused]

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
Originally posted by MKforAMango:
quote:

[Big Grin]

Hey ladies if you want hubby to scream out of joy, reach out and hold his balls while in the act.

He will scream: "I love this".

And the term "Shiny Disco Balls" will have a whole new meaning.

naughty [Big Grin]
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=008739;p=1#000044

Unlike many women on this board, I was married on US soil, didn't meet him over the internet and wasn't a sugarmama. So I ended up with the authenic article.

I was put under the same constraints and expectations that an Egyptian wife would be subjected to without knowking what those constraints and expectations are.

But again I remember your first post on ES, and like many Brits/Europeans they just can't see the world doing anything different than they would. [Roll Eyes]

Samarra-Anissa, the 'evidence' you present - three strands on an ES forum - hardly represents a conclusive study. I try to be fair to you, torture as it is but too often you can't see beyond your own sad experiences.

I too remember our first encounter where you made up statistics based on your very limited experience of travelling to Egypt (one visit, for eight weeks, it seems to have been). If it was two visits, totalling eight weeks, feel free to correct me. When you have travelled as much as I have, trying to learn about different cultures, with an open mind, you will be in a position to debate properly. Have you even been to a country other than Egypt, outside the states? I don't present myself as an expert on anything. You are a self appointed authority on all matters, yet your limited frame of reference betrays you.

You have clearly had a tough life and still have a tough life. Why you need to put down other women on this board, in a weak attempt to impose a perceived respectability on a horrible marriage is beyond me. I feel sorry for you but this is tempered by the fact that you are incapable of admitting when you are wrong. This is sad:

''I was put under the same constraints and expectations that an Egyptian wife would be subjected to without knowking what those constraints and expectations are''

In the meantime, look again at the advice I gave you on our first clash. ''You are entitled to your own opinions, not your own facts''

doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

How does marrying an Egyptian who live in the US make him the "authentic article"? I would think the "authentic article" would not want to live in the US but rather would want to stay in Egypt.
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by doodlebug:
quote:

How does marrying an Egyptian who live in the US make him the "authentic article"? I would think the "authentic article" would not want to live in the US but rather would want to stay in Egypt.
Because he doesn't feel compelled to dump his culture and belief system in order to gain access to a Foreign visa.

Many women hold the prospect of a visa or money above their Egy-guys head and of course these egy-guys do everything to accomodate their western love interests.

I don't have the same leverage and wouldn't use that kind of leverage if I did. Besides having a child with your legitimate egy-husband puts out an entirely different set of standards that wasn't there before and these standards come out of nowhere once the child is in the picture.

I know its that "leverage" which propels an ESer to quip, "My egyptian is different, he's open-minded".

al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

Samarra-Anissa, the 'evidence' you present - three strands on an ES forum - hardly represents a conclusive study. I try to be fair to you, torture as it is but too often you can't see beyond your own sad experiences.

I too remember our first encounter where you made up statistics based on your very limited experience of travelling to Egypt (one visit, for eight weeks, it seems to have been). If it was two visits, totalling eight weeks, feel free to correct me. When you have travelled as much as I have, trying to learn about different cultures, with an open mind, you will be in a position to debate properly. Have you even been to a country other than Egypt, outside the states? I don't present myself as an expert on anything. You are a self appointed authority on all matters, yet your limited frame of reference betrays you.

You have clearly had a tough life and still have a tough life. Why you need to put down other women on this board, in a weak attempt to impose a perceived respectability on a horrible marriage is beyond me. I feel sorry for you but this is tempered by the fact that you are incapable of admitting when you are wrong. This is sad:

''I was put under the same constraints and expectations that an Egyptian wife would be subjected to without knowking what those constraints and expectations are''

In the meantime, look again at the advice I gave you on our first clash. ''You are entitled to your own opinions, not your own facts''

Actually my "personal experience" from being married to an Egyptian guy, not from being on vacation has its origins in scriptural interpretation of Hebrews which was adapted to Muslim Fatwas. If you read the articles in the threads you'll see this is common because many Egyptians not westernized have been performing their carnal relations like this for a very long time because it corresponds to a Fatwa that has been around for several hundred years.

And I was backed up by other usernames who found the sources detailing this practice for milenias.

So either understand that even spending multiple vacations as a Brit in Egypt, who has yet to admit to being in bed with an Egyptian guy or a person who is part of an Egyptian family that expects her to behave Egyptian not American. And I have had actually sexual relations with an Egyptian many, many, many times. Lived in the same home with this Egyptian guy which trumps only knowing an Egyptian guy via the internet or sharing his bed for a few weeks at a time.

Would a Russian bride who has visited the USA several times in addition to online flirtations know more about the American sex habits than a Russian bride who has married and lived in the USA for 5 years, residing in the same home day in and day out for those 5 years with her American hubby understand the American sexual habits more?

SayWhatYouSee, either read the threads and articles in full or get married to and have sex with an Egy-guy for 5 years then tell me I am wrong.

Oh you may want to read this:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/sex/garden/index.htm

SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Samarra_Anissa thanks for the link but I already own Richard Burton translations of The Perfumed Garden and The Kama Sutra. I am not saying your personal experience is ' wrong ' just that you can't apply it to every Egyptian man or woman in a relationship with one. This is simply common sense. It's obvious how frustrating, sad and confusing early marriage must have been for you, from your posts.

I don't need to be married to an Egyptian man (nor do I have anything to 'admit') to read the accounts that differ dramatically from yours. Does that mean you or they are ' wrong '? No. It just means that you have different experiences of Egyptian men and relationships. Why is that a problem? Just take a chill pill. Do you think every catholic obeys the pope's teachings on birth control or every muslim obeys the more extreme clerics? Egyptian culture is very different in how sex and sexuality is approached. That doesn't mean that every Egyptian man is uncaring or a hopeless lover.

doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok I asked my guy if when we're married we have to wear clothes while we are intimate and he almost blew his red tea onto the computer monitor and laughed so hard his stomach hurt.

I really don't think this is something that's done by most Egyptians. [Wink]

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SCOTTISHLADY
Member # 5501

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SCOTTISHLADY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

No Ayisha.... its not a joke. I believe she posted on here asking if it was normal for her egyptian husband to make love with sheet between them with a strategically placed hole in it because thats what he did.
Not sure she has ever seen him butt naked either.
So its obviously "normal" for her.....

Posts: 33 | From: the back of beyond | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

quote:
Originally posted by SCOTTISHLADY:
quote:
quote:

No Ayisha.... its not a joke. I believe she posted on here asking if it was normal for her egyptian husband to make love with sheet between them with a strategically placed hole in it because thats what he did.

[Eek!] [Eek!]
Bronzed Adonis
Member # 12416

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronzed Adonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
because men suck.

BA x

you know each time you post i think NOOOO, there are NO bronzed adonis in Nottingham [Roll Eyes] [Cool]
There is at least one, I can assure you......

BA x

Posts: 40 | From: Nottingham | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 10 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SCOTTISHLADY:
quote:
quote:

whhhhhhhat?? [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]
that's insane & absured & the funniest thing I ever heard [Big Grin]

Can his thing be that long? [Big Grin] [Razz]

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
Do you think every catholic obeys the pope's teachings on birth control or every muslim obeys the more extreme clerics? Egyptian culture is very different in how sex and sexuality is approached. That doesn't mean that every Egyptian man is uncaring or a hopeless lover.

Wow that's a good sentence, you make perfect sense & I couldnt agree more.
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
because men suck.

BA x

Ayisha, I think we need to go on a mission to see if we can find one....... cos I never knew there were any either
Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com