EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Is there anyone with POSTIVE experiences (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Is there anyone with POSTIVE experiences
Khadija_Diagne
Member # 10149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Khadija_Diagne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by M. M.:
Sorry if this sounds rude but...happy endings can't be judged until husbands get their GCs and stick around a while.

My happy ending is not contingent upon my husband getting his GC and sticking around. My happy ending is based in my deen. My relationship with something greater than my marriage, my faith, this is what I mean by happy endings. No matter what the outcome of life's turmoil, my endings are always happy, because focus on Iman, and not a man.
Posts: 478 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what is a GC??

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khadija_Diagne
Member # 10149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Khadija_Diagne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
what is a GC??

Green Card [Wink]
Posts: 478 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
what is a GC??

Green card? Is that permanent residence in the U.S.?
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ahh so i'm totally fooked then [Big Grin] no green card for my hubby

--------------------

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry I was under the impression that the happy ending had to do with your husband. My apologies.

quote:
Originally posted by Khadija_Diagne:
quote:
Sorry if this sounds rude but...happy endings can't be judged until husbands get their GCs and stick around a while.

My happy ending is not contingent upon my husband getting his GC and sticking around. My happy ending is based in my deen. My relationship with something greater than my marriage, my faith, this is what I mean by happy endings. No matter what the outcome of life's turmoil, my endings are always happy, because focus on Iman, and not a man.

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
Yes it is quite possible you have found a decent Egyptian man who loves you. BUT most unlikely he would ever be happy not having kids. As a muslim the koran commands him to have children and I bet his parents would expect him to. And who is the number one woman in an Egyptians life and will always be HIS MOTHER

Hi Jane,
As a muslim I have never read or heard of any "Command" to have children. Can you please tell me where it commands this in the Quran? Yes, God created us to procreate, but he did NOT command this.

I personally know several people (egyptian), who are NOT part of this forum, and are quite happily married, and they knew before the marriage children would NOT be part of their life together. Their love and respect for each other binds them.

Laura

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 2 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GypsyWolf37:
SOmeone sounds bitter. Well I never said He was HAPPY that I couldnt have children...I said he accepted it. I dont think its fair that ALL Egyptian men be put in one category...thats a bit judgemental in my book. Its hard to say everything that needs to be said here ...about him about us ... Seems like the focus is negativity. Is it not possible that I may have found a decent guy from EGYPT who is actually capable of loving me? IM really rather disappointed in all the EGYPTIAN MAN bashing here. I was expecting critism but OMG ... Any other country around where we can do some serious man bashing?

Doesn't really matter if you agree with them or not. You're looking at a completely different culture through your view. What they're telling you is HOW IT IS. That you don't chose to accept this or your opinion differs doesn't change the egyptian culture, the attitude of their people or the reality you will face when you finally confront it all yourself. IF he is muslim, then he wants children and yes you are too old for him. Sorry, but that is the culture HE GREW UP IN and you're believing him because he's telling you that he's 'westernized' and 'thinks like you.' Ask him where he's traveled, for how long, etc. Unless he's spent a good deal of time outside of Egypt, na-ah. I have met very many people who seem to think like Westerners and never left Egypt - but once you start to get to know them better you realize that they are Egyptian and their core belief, their values, are different than ones you grew up in.
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 14 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sorry if this sounds rude but...happy endings can't be judged until husbands get their GCs and stick around a while. This goes for myself as well. I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch.

Gypsy...sure there may be Egyptian or other MENA men who claim to be "ok" with their wives' inablilty to procreate. You obviously know nothing about the culture. Yes, the men may say they don't mind but the family will. Family is more powerful in the Mid East than here. Ppl are controlled by their families even in adulthood. He will eventually want children and if you can't provide he'll go elsewhere. Inability to give him children is grounds for divorce in his world. He won't admit that now. I'd just be really careful if I were you. If you insist on going through with this make sure you meet his family and preferably stay in their home when you visit.

M.M. is absolutely right. When I met my sisters in law the first thing they did was hug and kiss me and give me gifts and the second thing they did was sit me down, look me in the eye and asked me when they can expect a baby. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
I personally know several people (egyptian), who are quite happily married, and they knew before the marriage children would NOT be part of their life together. Their love and respect for each other binds them.

Probably because either both parties have kids from previous marriages or ONLY THE MEN already have the kids (or maybe infertile) and their women accepted the prenuptial terms.
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
Yes it is quite possible you have found a decent Egyptian man who loves you. BUT most unlikely he would ever be happy not having kids. As a muslim the koran commands him to have children and I bet his parents would expect him to. And who is the number one woman in an Egyptians life and will always be HIS MOTHER

Hi Jane,
As a muslim I have never read or heard of any "Command" to have children. Can you please tell me where it commands this in the Quran? Yes, God created us to procreate, but he did NOT command this.

I personally know several people (egyptian), who are NOT part of this forum, and are quite happily married, and they knew before the marriage children would NOT be part of their life together. Their love and respect for each other binds them.

Laura

No there is no command in the Quran to have kids, it does say they are a blessing though.

My husbands uncle (mums brother) is the man my hubby looks up to in many ways as his father left when his younger sister and brother were babies. Uncle was married for many years to a German woman, there were no kids, she died some time ago. Uncle is only about mid 40s now, he has no desire to remarry or have any kids and is not pressured by family to do so.

akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol I didn't say impossible but most unlikely

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK the Most Interlectual:
quote:
I personally know several people (egyptian), who are quite happily married, and they knew before the marriage children would NOT be part of their life together. Their love and respect for each other binds them.

Probably because either both parties have kids from previous marriages or ONLY THE MEN already have the kids (or maybe infertile) and their women accepted the prenuptial terms.
Truthfully MK, the women had kids from previous marriage, but the men were never married before(and had no children).

And..... they live here in Egypt and have no desire for a green card or anything else. Plain and simple.

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Truthfully MK, the women had kids from previous marriage, but the men were never married before(and had no children).

And..... they live here in Egypt and have no desire for a green card or anything else. Plain and simple.

ahh from despair to hope again !! [Big Grin]
Laura
Member # 879

lol Ayisha!

Ladies, gentlemen.

Everyone here loves to offer suggestions, opinions, advices, experiences, (including me) but that's just it, they belong to "others".

You and only you can know what is best for you.

You are the one who has to live with your decisions.

Make the most, or least of what you want to, from what you read here, but at the end of the day, it's just you and your life.

No one elses.

Laura

3okba
Member # 12623

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3okba   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
lol Ayisha!

Ladies, gentlemen.

Everyone here loves to offer suggestions, opinions, advices, experiences, (including me) but that's just it, they belong to "others".

You and only you can know what is best for you.

You are the one who has to live with your decisions.

Make the most, or least of what you want to, from what you read here, but at the end of the day, it's just you and your life.

No one elses.

Laura

Thats it a great say From a woman what a wonder !?!
Posts: 117 | From: Egypt-Cairo | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

quote:
Originally posted by 3okba:

If you weren't a man, I would take that as a compliment!
3okba
Member # 12623

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3okba   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 3okba:

If you weren't a man, I would take that as a compliment!
That is a proof againest women [Razz] you start with problems first and you will ever do [Big Grin]

what is the matter if you took it as a compliment even I'm a man !! Weak Thinking

Posts: 117 | From: Egypt-Cairo | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

3Okba, dont make me have to get out the frying pan!! [Razz]
GypsyWolf37
Member # 12817

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GypsyWolf37     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone...sorry if I was angry in my last post. Youre right...I didnt come here for answers and advise. Good or Bad...and it all is being digested. Someone here (sorry name I dont remember) said that I havent said anything positive about my Egyptian guy or provided proof that he is for real. Someone also said I was in denial ( and not the river...LOL) and desperate??? No not desperate..Im very capable of finding a relationship here..thing is I fell for him. Denial? well...I dont think so. Maybe Im too trusting. And yes I agree...I dont know much about the culture there but I am trying to learn...from him...from the net and from you ppl. What I do know is that Yes he has travelled outside egypt...a lot. I also know that he is close to his family and HE SAYS (I know its just what he say) that his family is ok with all this and yes they do want to meet me. He wants me to go to cairo..to live ..I dont want to do that. My life here is good and my roots are here and my family is here and my kids love the freedom they have in Canada. Thats why WE decided it would be best for him here. Maybe he is a more modernized man from there...isnt that possible? Maybe Love is whats important..I dont know. So I ask ..what kind of proof are you looking for? What should I ask him? As far as getting another on line name...thats seems sneaky and says that I dont trust him. I couldnt do that...(anyone wanna do it for me??? Im kidding) I dont want to be kidding myself and I dont want to be in * De Nile* Maybe it justs hurts too much to think that he could be using me
Posts: 19 | From: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GypsyWolf37
Member # 12817

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GypsyWolf37     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oops meant to say I DID COME HERE FOR ADVISE AND ANSWERS.....( not didnt)
Posts: 19 | From: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissNoor
Member # 12549

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissNoor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gypsy I am new here also and I take all the advice to heart. Right now I am like having my eyes opened. I have been chatting with a young egyptian man I mean young, girl! (29) He said age was not a factor. Hmmm I am like 20 yrs older do the math!!! lol Anyway, It just started as friendship and he started to escalate it to love hellooo. I told him you can't say u love someone when you haven't even met.....It takes time to build a relationship, don't get me wrong some know their heart and I believe in love at first whatever....it works for some and not for others....Anyway, I have been chatting with him for nearly 2 years. Then about 6 months ago he started telling me all the problems he is having, he needed money for school, he had a low paying job etc.....Being the caring adult that I am..I offered to send him money........he refused and told me that no way it was it a big embarrasment for a man to accept any money from a woman in his culture..........I insisted but he still denied for me to wire him any financial support buttttttttttt then about 3 months after he said that he ran into a hardship and it took him all his dignity and pride to ask me if my offered still was open....hummmmmmmmmm but you know I did wire him the money it did not bother me to send it to him but I came across here in ES and have read so many related stories. I never professed to him that I cared deeply for him in the manner that he says he does. My God he also tells me he wants to marry me etc etc. It's hard to come to a realization that all these friends in here are being truthful. I do see the "RED FLAG" but I help him because I choose to. I imagine it must be very tough financially there in Eygpt. Now he moved to Dubai because he said he had a better chance and he would love for me to go visit him there. If I could help him better his life I will. I tell him that he is young and handsome to seek a women who will make him happy, to set his goals in life and go forth with them. Never to give up on his dreams, he says I'm his angel that no one has ever ever helped him or gave him hope. I feel in my heart he is very sincere.......
Posts: 446 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just keep getting to know him.

I always say invest your heart, or your wallet, but never both. Personally, I think a long distance thing like this will take *more* time to fully get to know a person. Let him visit you. Definitely go visit him (meet the family!). See him in your environment as well as his own.

Nothing is for certain in life. Just try to be smart about it all.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3okba
Member # 12623

Rate Member
quote:
3Okba, dont make me have to get out the frying pan!! [Razz]

OK come out from it and i'll eat you I'm so hungry all day [Razz]
Laura
Member # 879

Gypsy, I have an idea.

Once there was a woman who posted here, who had met a man online here in Alex. She couldn't come here at the time and he couldn't go to the states.

When someone is in a serious relationship, especially Egyptian men, they know and expect to get drilled thoroughly by the prospective brides family. This is SO normal, and I should add, vice versa.

When circumstances are such that a woman doesn't have a family member to look out for her best interests, a friend can also do this. The man should have NO objections to meeting one of your friends for a thorough discussion of his intentions, etc.

I suggest that you try to make freinds with someone married woman in Cairo, and if you are comfortable in doing so, ask her and her husband to have a meeting with this man.

Give them a list of questions you want answered, and ask them to be direct. Of course in a friendly, but also serious fashion.

If he knows that you have someone here looking out for you, if he is sincere and honest, he will not fault you at all for this, but appreciate the care you are taking for yourself.

If he objects, than a huge red flag is raised.

What do the rest of the members here think of this suggestion?

I got a little sidetracked, forgot to add that my husband and I did meet with the womans friend here, I myself was not at all impressed with the man, and it was hard for me to be objective to her, but I just stated facts and left out my own opinion. I don't know how that story ended...but I hope she didnt marry him, he was not really a nice man, and as she had kids, I couldnt see him at all being a warm father figure from the way he behaved that night let alone a caring husband.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Gypsy, you seem like an intelligent woman to me, you dont seem daft [Big Grin]

What you're getting here is normal for ES, a question is asked and everyone fights about thier point of view and the original question can be lost in pages of crap [Big Grin]

You do NOT have to provide any 'proof' to anyone here for anything, you do not have to feel pressured to give 'more' of your story or relationship, it's between you and him.

Not all Egyptian men are the same, and there are millions of them, some are total bastards and some are good guys, as you will see from stories here we are all in the same or similar boat but some further afloat than others and some shipwrecked.

i dont think a 'honey trap' is a good idea, its devious and sly and you dont want to have that from your side in the start of your relationship. I think you are sensible enough to read what's here and take it onboard as warnings what CAN happen but not what necessarily DOES happen.

You have to develop a tough skin to stay here [Big Grin]

--------------------

MissNoor
Member # 12549

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissNoor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We do talk on the phone sometimes and he texts me. I think I kinda adopted him in a way. He is from Tanta. He says he is a barbarian. He gets very very angry when I bring up the age issue when he tries to talk romantic. They do have a temper tho right my friends?
Posts: 446 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Gypsy, I have an idea.

Once there was a woman who posted here, who had met a man online here in Alex. She couldn't come here at the time and he couldn't go to the states.

When someone is in a serious relationship, especially Egyptian men, they know and expect to get drilled thoroughly by the prospective brides family. This is SO normal, and I should add, vice versa.

When circumstances are such that a woman doesn't have a family member to look out for her best interests, a friend can also do this. The man should have NO objections to meeting one of your friends for a thorough discussion of his intentions, etc.

I suggest that you try to make freinds with someone married woman in Cairo, and if you are comfortable in doing so, ask her and her husband to have a meeting with this man.

Give them a list of questions you want answered, and ask them to be direct. Of course in a friendly, but also serious fashion.

If he knows that you have someone here looking out for you, if he is sincere and honest, he will not fault you at all for this, but appreciate the care you are taking for yourself.

If he objects, than a huge red flag is raised.

What do the rest of the members here think of this suggestion?

I got a little sidetracked, forgot to add that my husband and I did meet with the womans friend here, I myself was not at all impressed with the man, and it was hard for me to be objective to her, but I just stated facts and left out my own opinion. I don't know how that story ended...but I hope she didnt marry him, he was not really a nice man, and as she had kids, I couldnt see him at all being a warm father figure from the way he behaved that night let alone a caring husband.

Excellent idea!! I did similar. I had a friend here in UK that wanted to visit Luxor, helped him get flights and hotel etc and put him in hubby's care [Big Grin] My friend and his wife, pakistani muslims, thought he was wonderful, coulndt speak highly enough of him and they still send salams to each other [Big Grin] he is aiming to come back with his kids this year. I was told I have a good man there, young but really a good one, and that he adores me [Razz]
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These guys dont seem to care about age, and see it as no problem, unlike us, we think this its strange to be with someone, half our age, they really dont care at all, its not a problem for them, and if you say things about it they do get a bit angry, and will complain about you saying things about age, If he loves you he doesnt care that all is heading soulth, the lines appearing on youre face, and the grey hairs, he will see through this

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are men in cyber cafes making bets about how soon their older foreign wives will kick the bucket. They care about age (large age diff)but they're not gonna tell their wives about it.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissNoor
Member # 12549

Rate Member
We do talk on the phone sometimes and he texts me. I think I kinda adopted him in a way. He is from Tanta. He says he is a barbarian. He gets very very angry when I bring up the age issue when he tries to talk romantic. They do have a temper tho right my friends?
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes youre right MM, but if its not such a huge age difference, is it still a problem, and maybe the older lady has nothing to give to the young lad, is it still a problem, or do you think he is for real?
they are all different, there are good and bad, i think

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3okba
Member # 12623

Rate Member
Listen Gypsy the only way to make sure he is not bad liar man you have two choices which are
1- invite him to canada for one month as example on his own pocket and see if he cares to come for you to meet live that will be a positive point

2- you assume your self taking your vacation this year in Egypt to visit some wonderfull places and have the chance to meet him and know him and his familly well as yu wish

the third choice is to shut douwn your computer and unplug the internet cable and don't think to have love online again

May God help you ?!

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

I don't think a slight age difference (5 yrs or less) is a big deal. I would really wonder if I were 40+ and a 20 something year old was after me. I'm sure there are legit relationships out there like that but it's rare for them to be truly legit. Also this BS about the men claiming they've been "westernized"...how in hell have you been westernized if you've never been there? You can't get westernized by watching TV or chatting with Western babes.
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MissNoor:

A big age difference, he gets angry when you talk about it, and you send him money....That guy is wrong in all ways! He gives you attention,and a feeling of being beloved. The frequency in this does make it work stronger, and he knows! You can give him money if you want to, even knowing it is absoltely unacceptable in his culture, but you have to realize that you are being fooled when he says he wants a serious relationship with you. Yeah, serious because of money, that`s the only serious thing...
Love, adore, angel, it is all part of the image he wants you to believe...
Ask him if you can talk with his family about his financial situation, that you have "helped" him.He will freak out, because they`re gonna kill him...

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khadija_Diagne
Member # 10149

Rate Member
Sorry about De Nile jokes Gypsy [Smile]
and like Ayisha said, you need to have a tough skin, I mean phew when I came here with my story, man Sono would eat me alive! LOL, but I shut her down, cause my and my egy got married against all her skeptical comments and doubt.

Oh and the trick about creating the other identity. yes, it means that you dont trust him, and, there is nothing wrong with that. Oh I have done it a couple of times. Once about 10 years ago, with a german guy i was dating here in the states. We met on internet, but only lived about hour away so we saw each other all the time. With the help of my girlfriend,I found he was really looking for a wife to secure his place in the US. He was very impressed at the lenghts that I went through to prove he was a fake, and he was more shocked that I was not brokenhearted, instead, I thought it was funny that i could trap him so easy.

And I must admit, i did try to catch my husband by pretending to be a beautiful blond from, you guessed, Canada! Well he totally rejected her and told my canadian identity he was already involved! LOL, i did tell my husband about this, after we were married and he just laughed his @ss off! [Big Grin] he could not beleive that I went through all this to see if he was true, but, he understood.

GypsyWolf37
Member # 12817

Rate Member
I just want to say a BIG thank you to a certain someone who sent me a pvt msg..... Really....your words were needed....Ive spent a lot of time here reading comments thru tear-filled eyes...Its hard to gear these things but I KNOW that its from the bottom of your hearts...Thanks for caring everyone...And YOU ( you know who you are) Big hugs.....
Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Josette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I don't think a slight age difference (5 yrs or less) is a big deal. I would really wonder if I were 40+ and a 20 something year old was after me. I'm sure there are legit relationships out there like that but it's rare for them to be truly legit. Also this BS about the men claiming they've been "westernized"...how in hell have you been westernized if you've never been there? You can't get westernized by watching TV or chatting with Western babes.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 833 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
He is from Tanta.

God have mercy on this site.
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
quote:
He is from Tanta.

God have mercy on this site.
Oh, God, I just spewed water all over the computer!

[Big Grin]

magnona777
Member # 12466

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for magnona777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by doodlebug:
quote:
Sorry if this sounds rude but...happy endings can't be judged until husbands get their GCs and stick around a while. This goes for myself as well. I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch.

Gypsy...sure there may be Egyptian or other MENA men who claim to be "ok" with their wives' inablilty to procreate. You obviously know nothing about the culture. Yes, the men may say they don't mind but the family will. Family is more powerful in the Mid East than here. Ppl are controlled by their families even in adulthood. He will eventually want children and if you can't provide he'll go elsewhere. Inability to give him children is grounds for divorce in his world. He won't admit that now. I'd just be really careful if I were you. If you insist on going through with this make sure you meet his family and preferably stay in their home when you visit.

M.M. is absolutely right. When I met my sisters in law the first thing they did was hug and kiss me and give me gifts and the second thing they did was sit me down, look me in the eye and asked me when they can expect a baby. [Big Grin]
haha.. my MIL cant speak any english but she for some reason knows how to say "I want a baby." in english.. then she rattles off in arabic.. and my husband then says.. "She wants us to have TWINS!"... YIKES!!! [Eek!]
Posts: 431 | From: beantown | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissNoor
Member # 12549

Rate Member
Your most likely right ????? Thank you for your input I honestly appreciate it..........I tell you I have learned so much here.....
awny_angel
Member # 12832

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for awny_angel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to me there is good and bad out in this world of ours ..no matter where they are from, there religion, or so on...every one in this world is different from one another..and should look to who they are on the inside ..caue the inside of a person is what counts in the long run...yea u should think with ur mind...but the biggest things is what u feel in ur heart for him, u love and care for him, then follow ur heart. i met my husband on line back in jan of 2005, i went to egypt in feb of 2006, we married apirl of 2006. we are still together and its 2007..but before i went we were allready husband and wife in our hearts..we all ready calling each other husband and wife.we are working on getting him here to the states. cause we both decide it would be best.to have a better life, to be able to have what we need and want in life, he is kind, caring, loving, gental, and a good hearted man that would help any one that he could...so diane follow ur heart , listen to what ur heart tells u..i did and i do have a wonderfull guy in my life..cause love is just that love..its so many things rolled up into one thing...just as any country no matter where u fall in love from u know it and u start to know them in ur heart and know that the feel is true. pamela ghai

--------------------
pamela ghali

Posts: 1 | From: purcell , oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GypsyWolf37
Member # 12817

Rate Member
Thanx Pamela....I know you know exactly how Im feeling. Thank You for your kind words as usual....Love ya Hun
Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GypsyWolf37:
SOmeone sounds bitter. Well I never said He was HAPPY that I couldnt have children...I said he accepted it. I dont think its fair that ALL Egyptian men be put in one category...thats a bit judgemental in my book. Its hard to say everything that needs to be said here ...about him about us ... Seems like the focus is negativity. Is it not possible that I may have found a decent guy from EGYPT who is actually capable of loving me? IM really rather disappointed in all the EGYPTIAN MAN bashing here. I was expecting critism but OMG ... Any other country around where we can do some serious man bashing?

You will not know anything about hime before you have seen him in person and that in Egypt not in Canada.
The same thing appliees to most net relationships but especially when the guy is from a country where the culture and religion is sooo different.
In some contries the net relationships are like games and good entertainment.

Posts: 523 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Why don't you adopt a child that genuinely needs your charity. There are some wonderful schemes where you can adopt a child by paper and help to pay for their education & upkeep. They will write you letters and you can go and visit them.

Don't you think this would be a more deserving cause than handing out money to a man just because he flatters you. You may not realise it but women that act like you are doing, are the root cause of this problem in many third world countries.

Stop handing out the money, stop organising the Visas, and the problem will go away.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissNoor
Member # 12549

Rate Member
I do not send him money because he flatters me oh for godsakes nooooooo........and nooooooo i am not organizing a visa for him either!!!!!!!!! |I am not taking his sweet talk to heart either. I maybe an oldie but this goodie has her senses.....Why would it be a root problem?... I have not read anywhere but here about the young men taking advantage of women.......but i actually know a lady who went out of her way for a man in Nigeria.....she went into my travel office and wanted information to bring him to the states and what did she have to do...she only met him like for two months on the net but she said she loved him...as for my situation it is not a problem for me to send him money and i do send money to a charity. To me it is like helping out a friend.........
Mrs Tibe
Member # 12653

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband (35) and me (28) is a positive story. Met in january 2006 and married in september 2006. He just got a visa to Denmark and is coming on the 05.03.2007 where we will start plan our life. I cant live in Egypt because I have 2 children with my exhusband so he has to move to Denmark. He is not extremely excited about leaving his good job and his beloved home country. He is such a good man and he would get me the stars if I asked him to.
There are a lot of good egyptian men and he is defendtly 1 of them.

Posts: 528 | From: Denmark | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GypsyWolf37
Member # 12817

Rate Member
Thank You Mrs. Tribe for your comment. I know that there are good Egyptian men out there and I do believe mine is one of them. Just look at what he is giving up to be with you....Thats Love. Im very happy for you and contunued love and happiness to you both. Where In Denmark are you? Im originally from Copenhagen... [Smile] My guy is willing to give up everything he loves In Egypt as well ... and I really dont think its for a visa. If Im wrong...then time will tell... but whats life without a few risks and some broken hearts? Easy to say I know but Im willing to try. I think He and I have a very good . special, unique connection. Some of you I know are rolling your eyes at my words right now....Thats ok...I understand...but you dont know what I know and its hard to put into words....Im sure you all get me.. You guys and gals here are awesome and I have taken everything youve said to heart...Ill let you all know as things progress...Just whatever happens NO * I told ya so's* please. We will see...time is still a factor and things between him and I are moving slowly ... yes..slowly...Words are words...we will meet either here or there b4 decisions of marriage are made.......Thanks you all
GypsyWolf37
Member # 12817

Rate Member
MsNoor.......there is a charity in Canada you may consider contributing to....Its called the * Gypsy needs to go to Egypt* foundation....Any donation big or small is appreciated.
Im just kidding sweety...I think its great what you do and I help my friends as much as I can too. YOu have a good heart and a generous soul..Dont lose that...all the best ~Gypsy~

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com