EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Is there anyone with POSTIVE experiences (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Is there anyone with POSTIVE experiences
MissNoor
Member # 12549

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissNoor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Gypsy. I wish you all the luck in your relationship and as u said, we do have to take risks, how else would we know, right? I love my friend and I will continue to help him. Sometimes you need to show that there is caring people in this vast world regardless how far away they are. I know that deep in my heart we are all connected somehow. Everything has it's purpose whether it is for the good or the bad it makes me feel good inside that I made a difference in someone's life. Easing whatever burden they might be having at the moment.....and if it's all false on their part, they will realize it at one point in time of their lives. My mama always told me " Pay no mind to the tongue of others but do what is right in your heart"................
Posts: 446 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GypsyWolf37
Member # 12817

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GypsyWolf37     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God Bless your Mama....MissNoor...For truer words have never been spoken.....
To the person who sent me the Private Message today....Thank You....Words of Wisdom... It just blows my mind how ppl we have never met can try to hurt us and sabotage a relationship we are working so hard for. Makes me sad...for them..what a way to live life...Oh well...their problem...not ours right?
You Take Good Care and thanx again

Posts: 19 | From: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cocoapuffs
Member # 9452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cocoapuffs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egg:
your friend has said that he is muslim, however also says that he is ok with you not believing in religion, this is not in islam, so is he not very religious? becoming christian isn't something that you just do so that on paper you both feel its ok to marry, i find this a bit offensive, i'm sorry, no offence but i do.

Ditto.
Posts: 120 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cocoapuffs
Member # 9452

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for cocoapuffs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
quote:

Hi Jane,
As a muslim I have never read or heard of any "Command" to have children. Can you please tell me where it commands this in the Quran? Yes, God created us to procreate, but he did NOT command this. [/QB]

In Surat an Nisaa, "Chapter of women" It says, "your wives are a tilth for you." Now a tilth is a place of cultivation, clearly (and this interpretation has stood for 1400 years) it refers to creation and growth of a child. Marital sex for fun is not outlawed, but clearly its not meant only for fun.

In addition to this, we have hadith from the Prophet which says, "Marry and have many children because on the Day of Jugdement I will be proud before the other Prophets because of your numbers." (I am paraphrasing but my memory is also quite good.)

In addition, I believe Allah told Musa to have many children.

Posts: 120 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cocoapuffs
Member # 9452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cocoapuffs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GYPSY WOLF:

-Ask him if he is willing to be the sole financial supporter of both of you.

-Ask him if he prays.

-Ask him if he fasts in Ramadan

And for anyone who thinks these religious questions are silly, for Muslims, they are (usually) a real indicator.

-Find out about his family, and where he lives in Cairo.

-I agree with someone else, MAKE ANOTHER CHAT IDENTITY, AND SEE IF HE TAKES THE BAIT. ASK IF HE'S ENGAGED, ETC.

--------------------
Bakhsheesh! Yes, you are reading and enjoying my posts! So hand it over! [Smile]

GypsyWolf37
Member # 12817

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GypsyWolf37     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone needs to read ALL the posts before replying.....ANyways BELLA.....Would love to chat......send me your Email and we can go thru there,....I think we need to talk.... [Smile] ))
Posts: 19 | From: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cocoapuffs:
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
quote:

Hi Jane,
As a muslim I have never read or heard of any "Command" to have children. Can you please tell me where it commands this in the Quran? Yes, God created us to procreate, but he did NOT command this.

In Surat an Nisaa, "Chapter of women" It says, "your wives are a tilth for you." Now a tilth is a place of cultivation, clearly (and this interpretation has stood for 1400 years) it refers to creation and growth of a child. Marital sex for fun is not outlawed, but clearly its not meant only for fun.

In addition to this, we have hadith from the Prophet which says, "Marry and have many children because on the Day of Jugdement I will be proud before the other Prophets because of your numbers." (I am paraphrasing but my memory is also quite good.)

In addition, I believe Allah told Musa to have many children. [/QB]

your wives are tilth for you is not a command. yes its wonderful to have children, its a blessing, but not an order.
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
GYPSY WOLF:

-Ask him if he prays.

And for anyone who thinks these religious questions are silly, for Muslims, they are (usually) a real indicator.

-I agree with someone else, MAKE ANOTHER CHAT IDENTITY, AND SEE IF HE TAKES THE BAIT. ASK IF HE'S ENGAGED, ETC.

the questions CAN be an indicator but not always. There are many muslims who pray 5 times a day, fast during Ramadan etc, that still lie, cheat, etc. especially to a non Mulsim as this opportunity would be seen as a gift from Allah.

In the same post that you quote Islam, and I assume you are Muslim, you also tell someone to set up traps and deceive??

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khadija_Diagne
Member # 10149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Khadija_Diagne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:

In the same post that you quote Islam, and I assume you are Muslim, you also tell someone to set up traps and deceive??

Ok this was my idea, and yes I did to this. The first time, I was not muslim and I too was into alot of games. I also made the same trick for my husband, before we married. This was not to deceive him, but it was for my own trust issue. Like i said, at the time, i did not trust his feelings were true, and I needed something to satisfy me security. it was only after did i realize that he was true all along, and it was my own doubt that would have ran him away. But what can i say? I had to know, just as Gypsy has to know. This was not an attemp to trick him in the way to cause harm, this was my way of aquiring more knowledge about the man I was to marry.
Posts: 478 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know that doing things like this is really tempting, but i dont think its the best way, sorry guys...i think that if you ask enough good questions and get enough answers really most of us know the truth, whether we chose to accept it or not is another matter of course!
Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
GYPSY WOLF:

-Ask him if he prays.

the questions CAN be an indicator but not always. There are many muslims who pray 5 times a day, fast during Ramadan etc, that still lie, cheat, etc. especially to a non Mulsim as this opportunity would be seen as a gift from Allah.

why would a practicing muslim think that tricking a non muslim is a gift from allah?
Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by hibbah:
quote:
quote:
GYPSY WOLF:

-Ask him if he prays.

why would a practicing muslim think that tricking a non muslim is a gift from allah?
a practising muslim would not see tricking a non muslim as a gift from Allah, that is not what I said. I said the 'opportunity' to get what they want would be seen as a gift from Allah to those people that outwardly pray 5 times a day etc etc, one that cheats is not really practicing Islam, even if they do pray.
SweetiePie1978
Member # 12605

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SweetiePie1978     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up until a week ago I thought I was in love with an Egyptian I met online. However, during the last month he started displaying some very weird behavior.

We started talking in August and it just seemed that we had so much in common. I loved talking to this person and within a month he told me he had feelings for me. Early in October, after two months of talking, he professed he loved me and that he loved me more than himself. By the end of October I felt like I loved him and told him so. We started talking about getting married around November and I was even planning on coming to see him.

This last month things were kind of strange and he would not IM me for a few days straightand say he was busy with school. At first I believed him, but after awhile I thought it was a little strange that someone studying for the MSCE could have so many large exams. Maybe he was telling the truth, but I began to have my doubts.

He would set up a time to talk online and all of a sudden he would stop IMing me. I became a little suspicious because he typed a different name to me once and I thought maybe he was IMing another woman. When I asked him about this he said he loved me more than himself and how could I think bad things about him.

A week ago he asked me if I had a friend who could start IMing his friend because his friend also wanted to find true love. When I told him none of my friends were interested in corresponding with someone they did not know, he did not IM me for five days straight. He may have been busy, but I thought it was a little interesting his incessant IMing stopped for five days when he found out none of my friends were available. Last week I asked him why he was so busy lately and never seemed to have time to talk anymore and he said he hated how I did not trust him. I have not heard from him since, but maybe it is for the better. I really do not know if he had several girls talking to him at once or if I was the only one. By the way, the same thing has happened to me with American men I have met online, so I have reached the conclusion it is just better to know someone better in real life before you decide to date them.

Posts: 6 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ironborn
Member # 12020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ironborn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SweetiePie1978:
I have reached the conclusion it is just better to know someone better in real life before you decide to date them.

Yeah no ****!

And it's also more than a bit odd to declare that you love someone when you've never even met them..

To me, that stinks of either emotional immaturity or desperation.

~Alistair

Posts: 1221 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SweetiePie1978
Member # 12605

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SweetiePie1978     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Conditioned:
quote:
Originally posted by SweetiePie1978:
I have reached the conclusion it is just better to know someone better in real life before you decide to date them.

Yeah no ****!

And it's also more than a bit odd to declare that you love someone when you've never even met them..

To me, that stinks of either emotional immaturity or desperation.

~Alistair

Yeah, I was stupid not to see this all along. I was just a sucker who fell for someone saying that they loved me because I have been pretty lonely the last couple of years. This may sound desperate to some people, but I cannot help that I would like to find someone to love and get married.
Posts: 6 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GypsyWolf37
Member # 12817

Rate Member
Well Ayisha....I have been considering doing the *trick* I dont know if I can. Excuse my ignorance but he will ask me how I got his ID and I have no clue what to say. Sorry Guide me...PS I have read some of this *Jossette* posts....Wow and I thought I was F**Ked.....I dont feel so bad anymore
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sweetie pie, i admire your honesty and i think you will be ok as you have a decent head on your shoulders, unfortunately alot of women enter into these things with rose tinted glasses... good luck, remember once bitten twice shy x

gypsy... pleeeeease dont do the 'trick' its not fair, just keep talking and ask questions and you will see what the truth is.

Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
islamway
Member # 10368

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for islamway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
deleted
Posts: 1007 | From: http://www.sultan.org | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GypsyWolf37
Member # 12817

Rate Member
Youre right caterpillar...I cant do it. I trust him enough....I just dont have it in me to be deceitful...especially to someone I love. Questions....what kind of questions? Give them to me plz
SweetiePie1978
Member # 12605

Rate Member
Thanks Caterpillar! I have been sad about the whole thing, but I will try to move on and get perspective on this. My Egyptian's friend emailed me today to say he had not talked to me in along time because he injured his knee. I feel bad for the guy and I told him I hope he feels better soon. It probably was not destined to ever work out between us, but I hope he finds a good girl for himself.
MissNoor
Member # 12549

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissNoor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes what kind of questions do u ask them, i would like to know also......
Posts: 446 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com