EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Getting to know each other (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Getting to know each other
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for crisálida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont normally like to talk about personal things on here but I thought it might be interesting to share something personal that we havent told each other on here, just one thing...

so mine is...

I have 2 tattoos [Smile] , I wish I didnt have them now, but I figured that when I am old and living in a nursing home I will feel left out if i didnt have any [Big Grin]

Posts: 644 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are your tatts?

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crisálida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One is a shamrock and the other is a celtic design that I believe means 'mothers love' although the ironic thing is, is that I had it done just before i fell pregnant, I had no children at the time.

how about you VB, what can you share? keep it decent [Wink]

Posts: 644 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I play the piano extremely well. [Big Grin]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine is a dragon eating it's tail, it symbolizes eternal spirit or undying spirit. The idea is your body may die, but your spirit is eternal. It's also known as 'the circle of life'.

I don't regret it one bit [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crisálida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really? I am so envious, I had piano lessons when at school, and can play 'fur elise' but that is all, I always wanted to play well. Do you have one?
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not anymore, I sold it a few years ago, I'm sure I drove the neighbors mad. [Razz]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
I play the piano extremely well. [Big Grin]

Seriously Smucky?

I play the blues harp but not very well, plus I need a G or A chord harp to play proper blues ala Lightnin Slim, John Lee Hooker etc.

--------------------

crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
VB - That sounds really nice, to be honest I forget i have them, I used to regret them because i would want to wear a dress and not show them, and they are visable, but hey ho.

I nearly had more, I wanted one of two peacocks accross the bottom of my back, and i wanted one on my ankle at one time too.

Smuckers - Someone leant me a piano once, I had it for about 6 months, now I definately drove the neighbours mad!, 'fur elise' over and over AND OVER again! poor things [Big Grin]

VB - Is that like a proper harp? thats unusual isnt it?

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Next chance I get I am getting 'dreamcatcher' on my left arm.

--------------------

crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
how many tattoos do you have vb?
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

quote:
Originally posted by Wanderer:

VB - Is that like a proper harp? thats unusual isnt it?

lol no, 'Blues harp' is a Harmonica with one set of holes as opposed to two on traditional Harmonicas, specially made for playing blues.

edit: just the Dragon tatt

crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
owwwww silly me, I know what you mean, when they cover it with their hands and flap them about. I had visions of you with your tattoos sitting at a harp gently plucking away a delicate tune!

a bit like ozzy osbourne playing the triangle [Big Grin]

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

[Big Grin]

I only wish my mouth was as big as Steven Tyler's.

There's nothing like listening to the old skool blues masters, these guys paved the way for practically all the pop/rock music we hear today.

--------------------

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 tattoos, one is a very small elephant, the other is ganesha.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

VB do you mean blues harmonica as in Blues Traveler type?
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Never heard them; kinda yea, more like the people I mentioned above [Smile]

--------------------

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have a dolphins head with sunglasses on my ankle.i got 30 years ago and the color is still beautiful, mo regrets [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats the thing Micky, getting something you dont regret. I don't regret mine.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StickyHairspray
Member # 14332

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for StickyHairspray     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im not against tatoos some you love some you loath but we not allowed to pierce skin for the fun of it i have one and thats on a religious ground and its on my head .

--------------------
UNITED KINGDOM

Posts: 110 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
I took a lot of years to decide on my mine, but I love them.
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

I considered an eyebrow peirce but thought against it.

I had these mental images of taking off a t-shirt and ripping my eyebrow apart.

--------------------

reserved
Member # 14062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reserved         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
besara7a gedan ana mish 3ayez at3araf 3ala 7ad khales ela om leito, bas kedah.
Posts: 173 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Politically Incorrect
Member # 14181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Politically Incorrect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I thought it might be interesting to share something personal that we havent told each other on here, just one thing.

OK, here goes. I don't have any tattoos. [Big Grin]
Posts: 374 | From: men gheir laff w dawaran | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ironborn
Member # 12020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ironborn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:

Good decision.

I once had my left nipple pierced, due to a girl I was dating at the time that had a huge nipple fetish. She begged, and paid for me to get it done so I did it, although I'm not a fan of body piercings.

A year later, I got in a fight and the damn thing was ripped out when the guy grabbed the front of my shirt.

Luckily, it healed clean without leaving a scar, but I've heard of similar incidents where huge scars were left, or the wound would take forever to heal.

You just don't know how your body will react to being pierced sometimes. If you develop keloid or infections easily then I definitely would advise against getting any piercings...or even tatoos.

The risk of complications is too great, although tatoos are far safer IMO.

As for tatoos, I have two. A big tribal on my right upper arm, and a smaller tribal on my right forearm.

~Alistair

Posts: 1221 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VB, you know some guys get their Johnnys pierced? You might wanna consider that! [Big Grin] [Wink]

Alistair, OUCH!!!!, that's all what I can say to you. Thankfully it healed without a scar.

Wanderer:

"...I wish I didnt have them now, but I figured that when I am old and living in a nursing home I will feel left out if i didnt have any..."

You see I always thought the opposite way. I don't like tattoos, I hate peer pressure and frankly speaking when I picture myself as a grandmother the last thing what I want to think of is being a tattoed one! I guess I just like the 'traditional' look! [Big Grin] [Wink]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love to jump down flights of stairs. [Big Grin] It’s actually part of urban sports now but my love for jumping flights of stairs started when I was a kid as I used to always jump from the top of our garage an onto the garden. And also playing manhunt as a kid – where we would run wild throughout the neighborhood, climbing fences and jumping stairs also.

These guys are real good at jumping.

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
VB, you know some guys get their Johnnys pierced? You might wanna consider that! [Big Grin] [Wink]

As soon as you get a couple of hula hoops pierced into your funbox, I'll consider piercing my "johnny".

Deal? [Smile]

seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Never heard them; kinda yea, more like the people I mentioned above [Smile]

Like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHzdoxlNvNQ
(edited)

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

quote:
Originally posted by Prince of Nothing:
quote:

Good decision.

I once had my left nipple pierced, due to a girl I was dating at the time that had a huge nipple fetish. She begged, and paid for me to get it done so I did it, although I'm not a fan of body piercings.

A year later, I got in a fight and the damn thing was ripped out when the guy grabbed the front of my shirt.

Luckily, it healed clean without leaving a scar, but I've heard of similar incidents where huge scars were left, or the wound would take forever to heal.

You just don't know how your body will react to being pierced sometimes. If you develop keloid or infections easily then I definitely would advise against getting any piercings...or even tatoos.

The risk of complications is too great, although tatoos are far safer IMO.

As for tatoos, I have two. A big tribal on my right upper arm, and a smaller tribal on my right forearm.

~Alistair

Ouch.

Nipple piercings are so not cool IMO.

Belly piercing on girls looks hot tho.

A friend of mine had his tongue pierced and regretted it later because he swallowed like 3 pints of blood, took forever to heal. Yuk.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

I always heard that tongue piercings were a bad ideal orally, that bacteria really gets trapped down in the incision between the tongue and the metal - talk about halitosis. [Razz]
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

quote:
Like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHzdoxlNvNQ
(edited)

Nice song, but these guys are more folk than blues.
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
As soon as you get a couple of hula hoops pierced into your funbox, I'll consider piercing my "johnny".

Deal? [Smile]

Only if you get your tongue splitted at first! The ladies will enjoy that!!!! [Razz] [Wink]

http://www.ishiboo.com/~nirva/Mods/tonguesplit/tongue_split.jpg

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha, this is getting violent Tl.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I always heard that tongue piercings were a bad ideal orally, that bacteria really gets trapped down in the incision between the tongue and the metal - talk about halitosis. [Razz]

No smucks thats not true,lol. I've had my tongue pierced for years and I've never had a problem with halitosis. I never lost blood either so I think it depends on who does the piercing and how much expirience they have. I have my nose and belly done to and never had a problem with those either but my piercer used free hand piercing, no clamps.

I have one tattoo on my right shoulder, a purple rose on a stem intertwined with tribal art. My sweetheart is designing one for my lower back. I have no regrets and I think body art can be beautiful and meaningful, especially when you get it done by a gifted artist..

Oh yeah, I used to be obsessed with beanie babies. I have bins and bins of them [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just returned home after a holiday where there were many American and English tourists. I noticed a lot of tattoo-ed men and women there. Don`t know how they look at it in the US/GB, but in my country it still is low class, and piercings are not hot anymore, that time is gone.
I noticed a lot of being expressly present, with other words, in a group they were very noisy and tumultuous, AND...they drunk a lot.
The more alcohol, the more noise, of course.
So, I don`t know this was the lower class of American society, but it was a great lot of difference between the Europeans and the GB/US.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
I think it depends on the tattoo to be honest, they can look cheap and nasty but as has been said already if they are done well and are away from the norm, they can be lovely. I have to be honest I would have never have got mine if my mum was still alive she would have been appalled!I think they are a lot more acceptable now.
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, here it goes......

I have my ears pierced. [Big Grin]

I know, I'm quite the wild rebel. [Wink]

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
speaking of blues VB . i think this guy was one of the best
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqU9RZqvFKY

i really cried when he died. i saw him 1 month before his death . best concert i have ever been to
one more from him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZoX6Q0UK8A

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ears pierced twice in each one [Big Grin]

tats: 3, one on my back is the Sphinx, one on each upper arm are tribal, regret them now but will of course 'fit in' when in retirement home [Big Grin]

The only thing i 'play' is at being a grown-up [Big Grin]

oh and grandchild number 9 due any day [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love him Micky....He is from my neck of the woods.
Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
he was the best of all time and will never be replaced god bless his soul;

i just hope vb sees this

crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Tigerlilly - Just to clear something up, I WAS joking that I wanted to fit in the nursing home, I cant say Biddie peer pressure was on my mind at all [Big Grin]

I dont think my body likes piercings - I had a second one in my ear years ago, it didnt like that, it closed up, then about 8 years ago i had my nose done, my nose just swelled up so i took that out before i lloked like Frank Bruno, then I had my belly button done, but when you lie on your tummy in bed and pull yourself up it catches on the sheets - not much fun! so i took that out!

I am over my inflicting pain stage now! lol

Sei - jumping stairs? do you mean whole flights of stairs or just one or two?

The only thing that I ever collected was beer mats! when I was a child - I spent a lot of time in pubs...lol

I did collect these little tiny beanie things when i was really small, they were in match boxes and had faces like rabbits or bears, i think some were called 'sweet william' can anyone remember?

sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[q] Tigerlilly - Just to clear something up, I WAS joking that I wanted to fit in the nursing home, I cant say Biddie peer pressure was on my mind at all [Big Grin]

I dont think my body likes piercings - I had a second one in my ear years ago, it didnt like that, it closed up, then about 8 years ago i had my nose done, my nose just swelled up so i took that out before i lloked like Frank Bruno, then I had my belly button done, but when you lie on your tummy in bed and pull yourself up it catches on the sheets - not much fun! so i took that out!

I am over my inflicting pain stage now! lol

Sei - jumping stairs? do you mean whole flights of stairs or just one or two?

The only thing that I ever collected was beer mats! when I was a child - I spent a lot of time in pubs...lol

I did collect these little tiny beanie things when i was really small, they were in match boxes and had faces like rabbits or bears, i think some were called 'sweet william' can anyone remember? [/q]

Indoors e.g. building stairways I could do 8 - 12 steps the limiting factor is because it is a spot jump and there is no way to build up speed and momentum. Outdoors [Big Grin] is the challenge and it varies … mood, distance/space until the 1st step - 20+ meters is ideal to run full speed before a jump, also what I’m wearing e.g. shoes/kicks … shirt/sweater because scrapes are inevitable sometimes … but I could jump and I could run and if I see something enticing I might very well ask you to please hold my bag as I jump that flight of stairs [Wink]
Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Do you jump up or down the stairs?

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by Leito:
Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Wanderer you invited this faggot to your thread. Auto is about to do his real mom and i'm doing his online mom a.k.a Om Leito a.k.a stank skanky wrinkled kitty HO and he is all about HAHAHAHAHAHAH [Big Grin]

[Big Grin]
LOL

a faggot is a faggot [Big Grin]

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

quote:
Originally posted by MICKY A:
he was the best of all time and will never be replaced god bless his soul;

i just hope vb sees this

Stevie Ray rocked [Smile] It seems it's always the greats that meet an untimely death.

Someone needs to get Britney's bovine ass into a 'copter.

crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by sei-i taishogun:
Indoors e.g. building stairways I could do 8 - 12 steps the limiting factor is because it is a spot jump and there is no way to build up speed and momentum. Outdoors [Big Grin] is the challenge and it varies … mood, distance/space until the 1st step - 20+ meters is ideal to run full speed before a jump, also what I’m wearing e.g. shoes/kicks … shirt/sweater because scrapes are inevitable sometimes … but I could jump and I could run and if I see something enticing I might very well ask you to please hold my bag as I jump that flight of stairs [Wink]

That sounds pretty difficult, as Of_gold said, up or down?
You could really do some damage jumping so many stairs!
I watched a programme the other day about Tibetan Monks, they were going down the stairs on their hands and feet - head first, why dont you try that? It looks hard though [Smile]

sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sei-i taishogun:

That sounds pretty difficult, as Of_gold said, up or down?
You could really do some damage jumping so many stairs!
I watched a programme the other day about Tibetan Monks, they were going down the stairs on their hands and feet - head first, why dont you try that? It looks hard though [Smile]

You got to give it to the monks they’re trying real hard to keep themselves busy waiting for the Dalai Lamai. But there is no adrenaline rush in that at all. And I’d don’t think I would feel any satisfaction from doing that. Jumping stairs can be a little dangerous and I’ve been hurt a few times but if the showoff element is eliminated then the danger of over doing it or trying to do something that might hurt you is eliminated. The thrill is jumping down and not jumping up. I’m sure we all hop several stairs going up but there's no pleasure in that - maybe a little bit. Jumping up stairs is very limiting and there is no goal. When you jump down a flight of stairs there is a goal - from point A to Point B. And stairs also vary a lot, some are short steps and some a long – some have obstructions and some like the ones outdoors don’t have walls hence you could use the open pavement to break your fall which in this case is necessary because you used speed for such a jump.

Next time you see a flight of stairs count 8 steps and you’ll see it is not that much – with each step after that then it becomes a little challenging. So try it out for fun – count 4 steps and jump. I’m sure you could do that.

Naturally don’t do it with high heels or with a nice outfit on – but put on a pair of sweats and put on your sneakers and do it [Smile] Then go for 5 steps and so on. Once you are comfortable, do the same outdoors where you won’t have a wall to obstruct your landing. Do this with the same amount of steps (4) but of course this time you have space to run before you make your leap. See how far you land from the last step – this should give you an estimation of how many steps you could jump.

Have fun [Wink]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com