EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Question for older women!! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Question for older women!!
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey i wanna ask a question to older women marring younger men!
i know yr marrying for the right reasons!love etc
but in his future if he wants kids!!!
how will u handle this situation!cas u know arab men want them kids!!!
would u let him have kids with another women and u adopt?
or if u can still have kids would u have one with him!!!

im just curious!!!

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egypt 2007
Member # 14398

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egypt 2007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good question, i am hoping to marry my man in the next year, but have a big hurdle... on trying to explain being sterlised... i know it can be reversed but at 44 and he 26 and the fact he dont want children for a good few years i will be well old... im sure i dont want him to have children with somone else and would consider adoption but um good question.!!!! I have mentioned im sterlised but im sure he does not fully understand. somethign we need to go over again...
Posts: 306 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!] [Eek!]
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jazzylatin
Member # 14702

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jazzylatin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am 45 and my husband 32 wants one. We will try as soon as he gets to the US. My doc says its no problem, we'll see . . .

--------------------
Diana

Posts: 13 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amrssnowangel
Member # 6789

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for amrssnowangel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im 43...had tubal at 23...he knew this and while we will try...he is ok if it doesn't happen. He feels its up to Allah if we will have but that he loves me with or without kids. We've talked this over many times over our 4 year relationship. Hoping to have our K1 interview soon...
Posts: 100 | From: Fredericksburg, VA, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egypt 2007:
Good question, i am hoping to marry my man in the next year, but have a big hurdle... on trying to explain being sterlised... i know it can be reversed

I think it's very difficult to reverse it if you are a woman.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m.e.
Member # 14680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m.e.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would have to agree with TL. I think the better option would be directly to IVF.
Posts: 169 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't it difficult or impossible to adopt in Egypt?
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Good question, i am hoping to marry my man in the next year, but have a big hurdle... on trying to explain being sterlised... i know it can be reversed but at 44 and he 26 and the fact he dont want children for a good few years i will be well old... im sure i dont want him to have children with somone else and would consider adoption but um good question.!!!! I have mentioned im sterlised but im sure he does not fully understand. somethign we need to go over again...

When you are unmarried, and you don't have children, be prepared people will ask you about it. Egyptians love children, they think it is abnormal when an adult is not married, because for many of them the family arranges a marriage for them and they expect them to have children.
People want children, specially sons, to enlarge their prestige and to be sure that they get the help and care they need when they are old.
If you explain your sterilisation by stating you didn't want children, nobody would believe that.
A more acceptable answer would be that you'd like to have children and that inchallah you'll get them...
Keeping up the family honour is very important to them, and when a woman did something wrong in the eyes of others, it would cause damage to the family honour. So, most men prefer that his family will agree in his choice for his new wife. Very rare they would marry against the will of the family.
They think marriage is an important decision, and most men think it would be wise to rely on the choice of his family, instead of making a choice based on romantic idea's or feelings.
Of course they're also looking for love and companionship, but financial certainty, social status and having children are at least on the same order of rank.
As a Western woman they will forgive you certain 'singularities', but being that much older, and above that the fact that you voluntairly let yourself have sterilised to be able to don't get anymore children will be considered as very strange maybe even unacceptable. They wouldn't believe it, and they won't understand...
So, when I'm reading your story, met your bf last year, planning to get married next year, I'm afraid your bf will have a whole lot to explain to his family, and he shall need all his conviction-strength to make this accepted!
I don't want to discourage you, but because you're already saying you've tried to explain this to him, and you're doubting he has understood, I think you have to make it clear to him. As soon as he understands, he will know that it won't be easy...

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gosh you are all so silly, just accept he is going to have a younger wife for children. To believe anything else is so naive
Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bastet*Loves*Ptah
Member # 13948

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bastet*Loves*Ptah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with the above, such huge age gaps are nothing short of silly in Egypt. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
MEOW

Posts: 412 | From: protectress of Lower Egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
Gosh you are all so silly, just accept he is going to have a younger wife for children. To believe anything else is so naive

not necessarily!
some men do love the woman wether they have kids or not!!
not all of the men are genuine but some are!
i am 36 and he is 33
we want kids in our future but if it doesnt happen he said he is ok with that too
but every yr that passes it will get harder and harder!

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brendaandakram
Member # 14139

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for brendaandakram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi got married in cairo in jan not orfi waitting now on my hubby getting his visa any one no what the time limit is on it also he has applied for a visitor visa but we think maybe it should be a settlement visa so he can work her, I live in Belfast Northern Ireland.Any advice hints or tips
thanks
Brenda

--------------------
brenda Zahran

Posts: 52 | From: belfast ireland | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by brendaandakram:
hi got married in cairo in jan not orfi waitting now on my hubby getting his visa any one no what the time limit is on it also he has applied for a visitor visa but we think maybe it should be a settlement visa so he can work her, I live in Belfast Northern Ireland.Any advice hints or tips
thanks
Brenda

first good luck!!
and if u want better responces u should post a new topic asking about advice!!!

Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bastet*Loves*Ptah:
I agree with the above, such huge age gaps are nothing short of silly in Egypt. [Roll Eyes]

As the family gets larger with the addition of children from the younger Egyptian wife, expect him to spend less time with the older foreign wife.
Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reality_Meanie:
quote:

As the family gets larger with the addition of children from the younger Egyptian wife, expect him to spend less time with the older foreign wife.
Or expect to spend time looking after the older children when she is pregnant. Now that can be fun but only if you have accepted the situation.
Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
quote:
Originally posted by Reality_Meanie:
quote:

Or expect to spend time looking after the older children when she is pregnant. Now that can be fun but only if you have accepted the situation.
How? Do these children speak English or the older wife speaks Arabi?
Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course the children will go to international school, and are speaking english. As a man married to a western woman, you have a certain status to hold on. And because of the obligation to treat every wife the same, that same status will be used for the second, third or fourth wife.
If you'll ask me, this is very rare. Most of the time the man will divorce his western wife and marry an Egyptian one after that, because Egyptian women wouldn't appreciate this kind of situation. He could keep her as a secret wife, but you know the gossip and rumours, they travel fast, so in the end the Egyptian wife will discover, and it will give much trouble.
The biggest mistake western women are making is to assume the man will marry her for the same reasons as she does; romantic reasons. And most of the time it isn't; a marriage in Egyptian eyes is a whole lot more as only romance. The most important is prestige and status, economical and financial safety, the behaviour and reputation of her and her family. A reputation that possible could be explained negative, gives big red flags, because it will influence his family also.
That explains why everybody wants to keep the 'dirty laundry' a secret and inside the family. On the outside the sheets must look bright and clean. And also that is why there ar that much secrets...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egypt 2007 quote -
quote:
i am hoping to marry my man in the next year, but have a big hurdle... on trying to explain being sterlised.
[Confused] [Confused]

I don't mean to be mean but i think this statement sounds really weird! If he doesn't understand the full implication of his soon to be wife being sterlised how could you marry him? This is not a little thing, this will effect his whole life. As you have already said he wants children - i really think you need to make sure he fully understands this before you both get really hurt.

Take care [Razz]

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabethN
Member # 14096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabethN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what is considered old? Now a days women in their late 40's are having babies. This has gone on for years. My girlfriend had her first baby at 46. Not all egyptians want children either. It's a personal decision. Remember Akshar, BLP, RM you do not speak for all Egypt or are you wanting to except that some men from Egypt choose to Love and be with a women older then they are. They don't want multiple wifes and maybe they don't want children either. People are breaking the mold and it's about time. It's 2008!
Posts: 1369 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
yes betty they say the dont want babies now but later they may change their minds!!we are speaking more along the lines of 50 somethin women with 20 or 30 yr old men!!women in their fifties well its not that easy to have kids no more!!although some can most cant

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree, things have changed alot but i also know how different i was in my 20's. Like these men may say now they don't want kids but in 10/15 years time then what? they may change their minds and their wives are 50/60. At least if your 'around' the same age you will both be only around 40 and yes have time to have kids!
Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabethN
Member # 14096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabethN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well if you made that decision before marriage, people can always change their minds about many things in 10-15 years. The chances of a man wanting children age 45-50 years old is slim. If you have a lasting relationship with love then things should not change.
Posts: 1369 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes life is about compromise. I have two friends, who would have loved kids, but their partners were set against it. So they had to decide to stay with the men they loved or leave in pursuit of someone that wanted to have kids. They're both still with their partners. Yes I know that is western couples and yes things are different in Egypt but attitudes are changing for some.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissNoor
Member # 12549

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissNoor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But maybe in 10 to 15 years us oldies won't be around and then they can find that one wife to give them babies right? They will still have time to have children and would have the expierence to please them sexual since the first 50ish wife taught him hahahahah just a thought!
Posts: 446 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by MissNoor:
But maybe in 10 to 15 years us oldies won't be around and then they can find that one wife to give them babies right? They will still have time to have children and would have the expierence to please them sexual since the first 50ish wife taught him hahahahah just a thought!

ya ok thats true!!at least u would have taught him right!!!!!!
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:
Good question, i am hoping to marry my man in the next year, but have a big hurdle... on trying to explain being sterlised... i know it can be reversed

It's not difficult at all if you find the right doctor.

For the person who hasn't explained sterilization to her husband to be......I suggest you do this pronto. This is almost the first big subject that we went over before deciding to marry and it is very unfair to enter into a marriage without being totally honest about this.

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by doodlebug:
quote:
quote:

It's not difficult at all if you find the right doctor.

For the person who hasn't explained sterilization to her husband to be......I suggest you do this pronto. This is almost the first big subject that we went over before deciding to marry and it is very unfair to enter into a marriage without being totally honest about this.

same here
we both want a kid or 2
but he also knows that if we wait longer there is always a chance we will not have kids!!!i would never hide that from some i suppose to love i just say hey here is our options.we can have kids maybe yes maybe no!if u still wanna marry me fine if not keep goin!!

elizabethN
Member # 14096

Mainstream medicine acknowledges males contribute to infertility, estimating that a male part plays a role in 30 percent to 50 percent of infertile couples. But although women stop producing hormones and run out of eggs when the clock strikes midnight, generally around age 50, sperm counts and testosterone levels generally drop very gradually. Advanced maternal age is still believed to be the primary cause of birth defects such as Down syndrome, even though the link between older fathers and some rare and usually fatal anomalies is acknowledged. Our culture never wants to blame men for anything, which is why most societies will never accept this," he said. "We equate male fertility with sexuality; this is a direct hit to the male ego."
Also their is a higher risk with older men having children and autism.growing body of scientific evidence, including two large studies that have found an association between older paternal age and an increased incidence of schizophrenia in children. One, done by the New York State Psychiatric Institute, found a doubling of schizophrenia in children of fathers who were aged 45 to 49 and a tripling of the rate in children whose fathers were over 50; the mother's age had no effect.
http://www.4-men.org/sperm/fatherhood-late-in-life.html

amrssnowangel
Member # 6789

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for amrssnowangel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My fiance tells me all the time when I bring up the subject of my age and kids...that we can only try to have kids..its up to God if it really happens....but then he adds that he could marry a 20 something girl..and she may still not be able to have babies...or how does anyone know if the MAN can have babies??? Then he asks, if I wanted a child and we found out that he was sterile, would I just leave him? I say no. I love him, he says, "exactly". And THATS wisdom from a YOUNGER man.
Posts: 100 | From: Fredericksburg, VA, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by amrssnowangel:
My fiance tells me all the time when I bring up the subject of my age and kids...that we can only try to have kids..its up to God if it really happens....but then he adds that he could marry a 20 something girl..and she may still not be able to have babies...or how does anyone know if the MAN can have babies??? Then he asks, if I wanted a child and we found out that he was sterile, would I just leave him? I say no. I love him, he says, "exactly". And THATS wisdom from a YOUNGER man.

That is good advice.
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabethN
Member # 14096

see how smart younger men can be? He hit it on the nail. And Egyptian too? Well maybe the other negative people in previous posts will take a good read cause that's impossible words from a Egyptian man right? [Razz]
Bastet*Loves*Ptah
Member # 13948

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bastet*Loves*Ptah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by elizabethN:
what is considered old? Now a days women in their late 40's are having babies. This has gone on for years. My girlfriend had her first baby at 46. Not all egyptians want children either. It's a personal decision. Remember Akshar, BLP, RM you do not speak for all Egypt or are you wanting to except that some men from Egypt choose to Love and be with a women older then they are. They don't want multiple wifes and maybe they don't want children either. People are breaking the mold and it's about time. It's 2008!

Hello Elizabeth. You are correct that not all Egyptians want children, but the majority do. While I have no hard numbers, I can give you a round-about off of the top of my head, probably 98% will. Now, if your man is one of those 2% then great, but you must be sensible and ask yourself if it is worth that risk. Is it? Making judgment based upon your own cultural upbringing is the kiss of death, based on Egyptian culture it is [almost] laughable for him to marry a woman much older and choose to have no children. It almost is not done. I know some men have married a woman/girl older than themselves, but in most cases the woman was still old enough to give him children. Otherwise he is divorced and does not necessarily want anymore children and can marry-up without losing his dignity or opportunity to be a father.
It might not make sense to YOU but that is how it is here. An Egyptian man marrying a foreigner is usually done out of benefit to the man. This does not mean he cannot be a good husband but the litmus test is the children. USUALLY if he has children with the woman he is serious with her and views her in a high esteem as she is the mother of his children. That is the difference with foreign women who have children with Egyptian men versus the foreign women who do not. There are Egyptian men willing to make a life with foreign women and have and raise a family with her but they are difficult to come by. Most of the men marrying foreigners that I have seen or heard of simply want the benefit of the marriage and nothing more. In the end it is the woman who is the loser. You can view my advice as I speak for all of Egypt or you can view it for what it is, advice from someone who understands the culture better than you. It is the fool that looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart.

Posts: 412 | From: protectress of Lower Egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Don't forget the family... If a young man wants to marry an older woman, usually the family won't be very happy with that. If he wants to marry an older foreign woman, they will even have more objections. If that woman has had a past, and I think they all have, objections are stronger. Every mother hopes to be a grandmother, in Egypt more stronger as in Europe or the US. She hopes to have a young woman in her house, to help her when needed, who she can teach everything what's needed to be a good wife to her precious son. You all still do not understand the importance of family and their opinion.
And to go back to the subject: being age 44 and sterilised is quite a mission impossible to reverse it, and above that it is information she would have to tell them before marriage.
But, what are we talking about??? A relationship that is based on a few years of internetcontact and a holiday in Egypt.This family does not know their future daughter in law at all. I should like to hear how they really think about it, and I don't think they will be happy...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even for me as a Western woman it is difficult to accept a relationship of a 40-something woman to a young man who could be easily her son. So I can only imagine how Egyptians feel about it.

I don't doubt that some Egyptian men love their older Western gfs/wives but the majority are in such a relationship for their own benefit - as previously pointed out before.

Egyptian men - even the young generation - are still very traditional. They want to marry a young, attractive and fertile woman they can have children with. An older Western gf/wife is seen as a bridge to get them where they want to be - outside of Egypt and hopefully fiancially better off.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
Even for me as a Western woman it is difficult to accept a relationship of a 40-something woman to a young man who could be easily her son. So I can only imagine how Egyptians feel about it.

I don't doubt that some Egyptian men love their older Western gfs/wives but the majority are in such a relationship for their own benefit - as previously pointed out before.

Egyptian men - even the young generation - are still very traditional. They want to marry a young, attractive and fertile woman they can have children with. An older Western gf/wife is seen as a bridge to get them where they want to be - outside of Egypt and hopefully fiancially better off.

If he is from a good family, and they've learned him norms and values, the young man knows what he is expected to do: marry that young, fertile girl, from the same kind of family, with a good reputation, and she will be welcomed with open arms. She will be teached in what they expect from her, and she will be honoured to be such a wife for her husbands family.
A Western woman, that many years older, often with an earlier marriage in her past, with other norms, values and believes, does not fit in their picture. Even when the Western woman has all the good intentions of the world, it also would be very difficult for her.
Most of the men who are searching for a foreign partner are living in rural area's, very traditional, and the kind of life they are living is so far away from what she is used to.
Living with a family, almost no privacy, sharing responsebility in everything what's concerning the family, the moral obligations, all this rules about what she is supposed to do for them...
Most women simply have no idea...

akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Lots of good advice above especially the pont about viewing things from your cultural perspective not his

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by elizabethN:

Hello Elizabeth. You are correct that not all Egyptians want children, but the majority do. While I have no hard numbers, I can give you a round-about off of the top of my head, probably 98% will. Now, if your man is one of those 2% then great, but you must be sensible and ask yourself if it is worth that risk. Is it? Making judgment based upon your own cultural upbringing is the kiss of death, based on Egyptian culture it is [almost] laughable for him to marry a woman much older and choose to have no children. It almost is not done. I know some men have married a woman/girl older than themselves, but in most cases the woman was still old enough to give him children. Otherwise he is divorced and does not necessarily want anymore children and can marry-up without losing his dignity or opportunity to be a father.
It might not make sense to YOU but that is how it is here. An Egyptian man marrying a foreigner is usually done out of benefit to the man. This does not mean he cannot be a good husband but the litmus test is the children. USUALLY if he has children with the woman he is serious with her and views her in a high esteem as she is the mother of his children. That is the difference with foreign women who have children with Egyptian men versus the foreign women who do not. There are Egyptian men willing to make a life with foreign women and have and raise a family with her but they are difficult to come by. Most of the men marrying foreigners that I have seen or heard of simply want the benefit of the marriage and nothing more. In the end it is the woman who is the loser. You can view my advice as I speak for all of Egypt or you can view it for what it is, advice from someone who understands the culture better than you. It is the fool that looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart.

Right on spot words of wisdom,Bastet. [Smile]
Whether liked or not.

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More than age difference per se,i think the most serious and important concern an older woman should take in consideration is if she still can bear children or not with her younger husband.The moment she looses perspective on this she might well consider her union bound for failure. [Cool]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egypt 2007
Member # 14398

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egypt 2007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doodle bug ... i have explained it but its hurdle trying to make sure he total understands.... i love him and would not marry and tell him after.... god!!
Posts: 306 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So out of curiosity what happens when the man marries a woman who is still able to bear children, egyptian woman also, but they are barren or they are struck with endometriosis or some other female ailment that results in an emergency hysterectomy??? Are you saying that these egyptian woman who get married and have these problems will be turned out by the husband?? What happens if the Man turns out to be sterile???

Look how many thousands of couples each year are unable to bear children, not just western culture. What happens then after years of trying they cannot have a baby???

Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bastet*Loves*Ptah
Member # 13948

Rate Member
Not only that Sashyra8 but the age difference. An Egyptian man might marry a slightly older woman than he if she can bear children and have a family. He still gets the benefit and does it in the right way. On the other side, if an Egyptian man marries an older woman (foreigner) and she cannot have children and it is a serious union, usually he has children from a previous marriage.

There are factors you can ask yourself about the seriousness of the relationship.
* Have you met his family?
* Is he introducing you as his wife (and know for sure - do you understand what he is saying when he introduces you?)
* Are you still able to bear children?
* Has he been 100% honest with you in all things from the moment you met?
* Does he flirt with you often and give you romantic words each time you talk to the point of exaggeration?
* Does he trash Egyptian women in verbalizing why he wants to marry you?
* Is there a large age difference between the two of you?
* Are the religions different? (not always important but mostly it is)
* Has he asked you for even the smallest amount of money? Even one EP ?
* Does he speak with you in a sexual way on the phone, in person or online, instead of having respect for you and allowing you your dignity?
* Are there things about his life that seem hidden?
* Are there times he cannot be located?
* Is he dependable?
* What are his friends like?
* How does he treat the women in his family? Not how he speaks of them, how he actually DEALS with them.

There are several factors, not all fool proof but you can get a general idea.

(Rumi, that answer depends on the man in question from what I have witnessed)

Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
If he has never had children,sooner or later he will eventually search for those.Given that he's Egyptian,that is.The Western mentality can be totally different here.
It's mostly a cultural thing for Egyptians this,and that we think that because it's not fair we might change their mind is really far fletched. [Roll Eyes]

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Rumicrazieluv:
So out of curiosity what happens when the man marries a woman who is still able to bear children, egyptian woman also, but they are barren or they are struck with endometriosis or some other female ailment that results in an emergency hysterectomy??? Are you saying that these egyptian woman who get married and have these problems will be turned out by the husband?? What happens if the Man turns out to be sterile???

Look how many thousands of couples each year are unable to bear children, not just western culture. What happens then after years of trying they cannot have a baby???

By co-incedence I met such example. It IS a reason for divorce, people would understand. But; isn't this also in the US? In Europe I know similar examples, where a marriage ended in a divorce because one of two insisted in having children. Think we must not forget that we're talking about relationships in common, and not every relationship is in such state that they can bare every problem or developments...
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
quote:
Originally posted by Rumicrazieluv:

By co-incedence I met such example. It IS a reason for divorce, people would understand. But; isn't this also in the US? In Europe I know similar examples, where a marriage ended in a divorce because one of two insisted in having children. Think we must not forget that we're talking about relationships in common, and not every relationship is in such state that they can bare every problem or developments...
I bet in this case in Egypt more than one man would apply his allowance to have more than one wife at a time. [Cool]
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This may sound horrible but did anyone ever consider that for the Egy man, a sterile, wife who has a tubal ligation or older wife may equal a safe and easy exit when the time is right? Just a thought.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by CheezyPoof:
This may sound horrible but did anyone ever consider that for the Egy man, a sterile, wife who has a tubal ligation or older wife may equal a safe and easy exit when the time is right? Just a thought.

As rude as it may sound,it can be true.
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really didn't mean to be rude. It's just a thought and maybe something to consider if the husband/fiance is exhibiting suspect behavior or may in the future. Some ppl will stop at nothing to accomplish a goal.

quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
quote:

As rude as it may sound,it can be true.

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bastet*Loves*Ptah
Member # 13948

Rate Member
Of course CheezyPoof, he can later say he changed his mind and knows the foreign wife will not agree to a 2nd wife. It is his easy-out. Of course she would be lucky if he did it that way, most I have heard of just leave without word or plan.

--------------------
MEOW

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:

I'm having translation-problems. Don't understand what you mean by safe and easy exit.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com