EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Am i blinded by love? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Am i blinded by love?
citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^ try to get some money back first.
Say your mother's sick and you need back some of the money you gave him for his mother.

Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Citizen, it is a nice advice but what do you expect? that the guy gives back some of her money?? Don't think this will happen, he has probably spent it all. [Frown]
Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reb27
Member # 15217

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for reb27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i will have some revenge.

Hell hath no fury like a women scorned!!!

Posts: 30 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:
Citizen, it is a nice advice but what do you expect? that the guy gives back some of her money?? Don't think this will happen, he has probably spent it all. [Frown]

Well, he's supposed to be making money with his new taxi driving skills, so he can pay some back.
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by reb27:
i will have some revenge. Hell hath no fury like a women scorned!!!

doubt it. this guy knows how to play a good game and he's got at least a decade of experience under his belt. i doubt there's a trick you can think of that another girl hasn't already tried. he probably couldn't believe his luck with all the money you've been giving him and knew sooner or later the money would stop. i seriously doubt he stopped working and probably has a few girls he's currently "just friends with" lined up.

I can just see him pouring over his computer screen at some net cafe chatting with other women about his western girlfriend and bragging about how *western* his thinking is, blah blah blah.

Yeah, and those poor girls are thinking he's safe because surely he's just a nice egyptian guy and all those pervy, personal questions he's asking are just because there's a cultural difference and he doesn't want to be embarrassed in front of his western girlfriend...

...oooh, shaaaame, she broke with you?! they'll comfort him next she didn't trust you? aaaw, but you loved her. nooooo, not all western women are like this...i trust my man...

neeeeext.

good god, time to step away from ES again.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cloudberry
Member # 11163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cloudberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think anybody means that poor or less educated people are bad! Or course they're not. There are bad and good in rich/poor, educated/uneducated people.

When I was as a tourist here (Upper Egypt) I talked with many guys and oh boy that was hard. I think half of the time they didn't have a clue what I was talking about! Also many of them do not speak (let alone write) good English so that is also one major obstacle for deeper discussion...politics etc etc. I also find it that you have to talk with more simple words that they understand. Also if you have never travelled abroad or are just not interested what happens in the world that makes it really hard to understand each other. I definitely don't mean that all Upper Egyptians are like this but often the ones are that you meet as a tourist.

I often hear this comment "money doesn't matter". What?! Sure, I think it doesn't matter as long as you have it enough. In my country I would say the same, money is not important because there is always the government that is helping in case of emergency situation in one's life. But how many of you would marry a teacher or similar in Egypt who earns 200-500 LE a month and be happy. I can honestly say I wouldn't. So money does matter...to me anyway.

I required that my husband is "on same level" as I am. I want to be able to talk about everything with him and that he understands what I am talking about.

Posts: 758 | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by reb27:
i will have some revenge.

Are you for real? You wanna blame him for your own naivety?? [Confused]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cloudberry:
I don't think anybody means that poor or less educated people are bad! Or course they're not. There are bad and good in rich/poor, educated/uneducated people.

When I was as a tourist here (Upper Egypt) I talked with many guys and oh boy that was hard. I think half of the time they didn't have a clue what I was talking about! Also many of them do not speak (let alone write) good English so that is also one major obstacle for deeper discussion...politics etc etc. I also find it that you have to talk with more simple words that they understand. Also if you have never travelled abroad or are just not interested what happens in the world that makes it really hard to understand each other. I definitely don't mean that all Upper Egyptians are like this but often the ones are that you meet as a tourist.

I often hear this comment "money doesn't matter". What?! Sure, I think it doesn't matter as long as you have it enough. In my country I would say the same, money is not important because there is always the government that is helping in case of emergency situation in one's life. But how many of you would marry a teacher or similar in Egypt who earns 200-500 LE a month and be happy. I can honestly say I wouldn't. So money does matter...to me anyway.

I required that my husband is "on same level" as I am. I want to be able to talk about everything with him and that he understands what I am talking about.

I agree and I think some members read into something that is simply not there and unfortunately make baseless conclusions based on notions and ignorance. Fortunately there are enough members who actually live/lived in Egypt who know the deal. I mean did we create such a bias society, did we make it practically impossible to climb up the social economic ladder, did we set such limitations and did we create the Egyptian class system.

The probability for a middle class Egyptian woman to even meet an uneducated lower class Egyptian male is pretty much close to zero. There is simple no place to meet and interact with each other, certainly not in social circles. Look where each hangs out and when they meet in certain situations and in certain places the difference is night and day and apparent to all but tourists.

Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com