EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Did you met your Egyptian husband/wife online? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Did you met your Egyptian husband/wife online?
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<And he's obviously very sincere about MH>

I have kinda read this before...humm,Momen anyone?

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well ya he could simply say to drop off her children with her ex-husband as he doesn't wanna care about them and what for renovating the place?? It's just fine like that.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:

But this is the part that bothered me in what she said:

quote:
Children are happy and he treats them very well, perhaps too well because he says yes to things i would say no too, but, I have to learn to adjust the house rules to his rules as well as mine.
It's already setting up to be difficult as she has always said yes to some things and he is coming in and NOW saying no, even he hasn't moved in as the new husband/step father. He sounds like he might be trying to 'win them over' by saying yes and this is going to contradict her as their mother and threaten her role as the major caregiver for most of their lives so far. I would have the same issues if a grandparent did this, as it confuses the child and puts in jeopardy the role of the parent to the child.
You got it backwards smucks, he says yes where i would normally say no, he is easier on them than i am. My youngest asked if we could go do something and i was just opening my mouth to say no not today and he automatically answered sure, go get ready. My instinct was to say hey, wait a minute but i stopped in realizing that this is now his home too and he is part of the family and very well should be making some of the decisions not just me so, I let him have that. He isnt trying to take over by any means, he usually asks me what i want or asks what the children wants, its just small things that he just automatically answers to the children when they ask can we or can i, nothing big. Perhaps I am too strict with them.

Momen never involved himself with my children, only asked about them if one was sick. Never bothered himself about the house either, as he saw it, i had my life here and he had his there and until we were living together that is how it was.
My husband now as you can see is completely involved, always asking of the kids if he isnt here, sending them love and missing them now, they got along really well. My older 2 are nearly 16 and 18, the son is the oldest and he was too busy with gf to hang out with us much but he thinks its all cool, doesnt live with me so that isnt an issue. 16 yr old thinks highly, she says he is so cool and mom smiles some so its good, sends him hi and miss you's, its rather cute. Her boyfriend stayed with us as well, i think he and husband will soon be inseperable, the boy even hugged him at airport. Things will settle nicely once i settle into the whole thing.

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure
Member # 12244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
U stated "Her boyfriend stayed with us as well" does he live with u also?
Posts: 319 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, we have already reached page 4 but I feel uncomfortable each time I see the title [Eek!]

* Did you met your Egyptian...

It should be: Did you meet your....
or Have you met your Egyptian husband online?

ok, feeling better now... [Big Grin] [Wink]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I've been away for a while in May. Someboby got married from ES? [Confused]
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh come on, DG, don't let the teacher hang out. You are off duty right now so enjoy it!! [Wink]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Off duty?? No, no... I am working hard for school right now (exams are drawing near!). I am fault-finding and fussy. [Big Grin] Sorry [Wink] .

Somebody got married from ES?

Yes, Makbeta, you don't know??
Take a guess...

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Well there's not much to guess!! [Big Grin]
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh... Really? So quickly?! [Eek!]
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Makbeta:
Oh... Really? So quickly?! [Eek!]

You have some ES homework,Makbeta [Big Grin]
Guess who got married again...???Yesss,that one,the one that was soooo in lurve that "could not even breath" [Roll Eyes] without the 2nd former Egy hubby! [Wink]

...of the infamous almost 40 paged thread "Well,here i go...." [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Well, I'm simply flabbergasted when I think about the speed of events - though I wish them all the best. (think about our Tina for a change - how patient she is!).
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mysticheart:
quote:

But this is the part that bothered me in what she said:

quote:
Children are happy and he treats them very well, perhaps too well because he says yes to things i would say no too, but, I have to learn to adjust the house rules to his rules as well as mine.
It's already setting up to be difficult as she has always said yes to some things and he is coming in and NOW saying no, even he hasn't moved in as the new husband/step father. He sounds like he might be trying to 'win them over' by saying yes and this is going to contradict her as their mother and threaten her role as the major caregiver for most of their lives so far. I would have the same issues if a grandparent did this, as it confuses the child and puts in jeopardy the role of the parent to the child.
You got it backwards smucks, he says yes where i would normally say no, he is easier on them than i am. My youngest asked if we could go do something and i was just opening my mouth to say no not today and he automatically answered sure, go get ready. My instinct was to say hey, wait a minute but i stopped in realizing that this is now his home too and he is part of the family and very well should be making some of the decisions not just me so, I let him have that. He isnt trying to take over by any means, he usually asks me what i want or asks what the children wants, its just small things that he just automatically answers to the children when they ask can we or can i, nothing big. Perhaps I am too strict with them.

Momen never involved himself with my children, only asked about them if one was sick. Never bothered himself about the house either, as he saw it, i had my life here and he had his there and until we were living together that is how it was.
My husband now as you can see is completely involved, always asking of the kids if he isnt here, sending them love and missing them now, they got along really well. My older 2 are nearly 16 and 18, the son is the oldest and he was too busy with gf to hang out with us much but he thinks its all cool, doesnt live with me so that isnt an issue. 16 yr old thinks highly, she says he is so cool and mom smiles some so its good, sends him hi and miss you's, its rather cute. Her boyfriend stayed with us as well, i think he and husband will soon be inseperable, the boy even hugged him at airport. Things will settle nicely once i settle into the whole thing.

Ok, he said yes where you would have said no, the divide is still there, the problems will still be there when he wants to say no. I'm not saying he probably isn't a good guy, he might be fabulous with your children (one has to hope at this point). I'm simply saying that you should really do some research as far as allowing a stepfather to enter your home and start calling even SOME of the shots as they relate to your kids. If you do some research on it, you may be really surprised at how much it is encouraged that you NOT do that. He can disagree and have an opinion, but it should be behind closed doors, and it should be YOU bringing the message to the kids of what changes/yes's or no's are happening.

You might be thankful in the long run for that. [Wink]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:
Sorry, we have already reached page 4 but I feel uncomfortable each time I see the title [Eek!]

Or "how many of your Egyptian husbands have you met online ?"
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
This is the last thing I'm going to say and then I'm done. Obviously you have chosen to marry in 2 days, and you aren't likely the sort of girl to change your mind last minute...that's just so not you.
The way you are marrying, for financial reasons, is the way many women in this part of the world marry. They do it because THEY HAVE TO...mostly. I'm sure if they had their way, they would want to marry for love, for tenderness and affection.
Many women in America suffered and fought for the freedoms we have in the states now as women and you are standing on their shoulders. They must be turning over in their graves that you choose (still) to marry in such a way when YOU DON'T HAVE TO.
Then again, freedoms do mean that you are 'free' to choose whatever lifestyle you want...even if it does affect your children (no matter what you try to rationalize). It's just too bad you don't come and speak to some women who were married in loveless marriages who didn't have many other options and look into their eyes. You might think differently.

Smucks, stooooooooooop. This Mystic leech is just sucking the goodness and the energy out of you. There's so many other posters who benefit from your replies, please stop feeding her disgusting need for negative attention.
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by unsure:
U stated "Her boyfriend stayed with us as well" does he live with u also?

No, her boyfriend doesnt live with us as well, however does spend alot of time here with us.
Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll bet~ [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViVa Philip Morries
Member # 15245

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ViVa Philip Morries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vader:
quote:

Or "how many of your Egyptian husbands have you met online ?"
LOL
We should start a new topic about western women involved with more than one egyptian guy whether online or offline.

Posts: 211 | From: alexandria | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

^^^ at the same time or EVER?
I have heard of some Western women getting involved with one Egy man and if it didn't work out trying out 'another'. ? As if Egyptian men are novelties. [Roll Eyes]

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Smuckers, it is because they are offering theirselves!!! You only have to get an account on whatever kind of website where arabs hang around, and they offer themselves by hundreds!!!
"Take me, take me!!!"
It doesn't matter how you look, it doesn't matter you're rich or poor, it doesn't matter you're old, without any demands they are accepting western women as a 'friend'.
You know, I have a son, in that age.Do you think he should be interested in becoming friends with women from another country in the age of his mother???? Do you think he would be interested in searching for a partner out from a far away country??? Nooooooooo, he has all the possibilities to find a girlfriend nearby, he shouldn't even think about it!!!

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Lots of people offer themselves in all sorts of ways, Western women offer themselves to Western men and vice versa. The offering isn't so much the concern, but the idea of being dead set on a particular sort of nationality for a man IS. If one likes the culture, ok, but IMO if I ever got burned by my own husband I wouldn't necessarily be willing to walk down the same plank again. But that's just me~ [Big Grin]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Western women offer themselves to Western men and vice versa."

Huh?? What you mean by that?

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
but IMO if I ever got burned by my own husband I wouldn't necessarily be willing to walk down the same plank again.

But there are actually quite a few women who exactly do that (we have some on the forum here).

I am with you on this, once it's over it's over. I had my experience my fair share with an Egyptian man and after that no more. I decided for a Western guy because they are just easier to understand - and it worked out so far (and hopefully forever).

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Hi TL, by offering I meant that we all sort of offer ourselves to the opposite sex no matter what the nationality.

I think you may find understanding a Western man easier because you are Western yourself. Even if your nationalities are a bit differnet, in the end there are going to be many more similiarities than with the Egyptian man you dated. Correct me if I'm wrong~

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Yup that's what I meant. You know to be in love with a man from a different culture might be tempting for many but it's different to live with on a daily base. These cross-cultural relationships take extra hard work.

You know when I broke it with my Egyptian I could not see myself to get involved with another one - too many memories with the first one.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

You are so right IMO, as if marriage (or any relationship) isn't difficult enough already, add into the mix the different cultures and you DO have to work extra hard. I used to think that dealing with American men was so hard almost 'not worth it'. HUMPH...after 3 years of being married to an Egyptian man I didn't know how good I had it. [Big Grin] Not to trash on my own husband, he's a terrific guy (IMO) but the cultural differences are REALLY DIFFICULT even when you are both (reasonably) easy to get along with. I often find myself thinking, 'this would SO not be an issue with an American/Western man'...especially the sulking.
What is the deal with sulking Egyptian men? [Confused]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Oh yes I remember that. It's because of their their huge pride and strong male ego.
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You are so right IMO, as if marriage (or any relationship) isn't difficult enough already, add into the mix the different cultures and you DO have to work extra hard. I used to think that dealing with American men was so hard almost 'not worth it'. HUMPH...after 3 years of being married to an Egyptian man I didn't know how good I had it. [Big Grin] Not to trash on my own husband, he's a terrific guy (IMO) but the cultural differences are REALLY DIFFICULT even when you are both (reasonably) easy to get along with. I often find myself thinking, 'this would SO not be an issue with an American/Western man'...especially the sulking.
What is the deal with sulking Egyptian men? [Confused]

Most of them are spoiled babies [Wink] you have to ignore the sulking and after a while it's as if nothing happened. Unless you want an argument that goes: what's wrong? nothing...No really what's wrong)...nothing really... but sulk sulk sulk hehe!
I observe some of my friends doing it, hilarious!

Fortunately some have a sense of humor when there's an argument, I prefer that! [Big Grin]

Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

I get either or.
I did the 'what's wrong' for a while with the sulking, and finally one day I said:
'What's wrong?', his reply, 'nothing', my reply, 'ok, I know something is wrong but I don't have the energy or time to stand here and keep asking, so why don't we just ACT like I've already asked you 20 times and you go ahead and tell me'...otherwise I don't even bother anymore.

I do love the sense of humor, it's quite annoying when I'm trying to be angry and he makes me laugh and say, 'stop trying to make a joke (chuckle) I really am mad about this (smile-chuckle)'. [Big Grin]

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate that sulking, god its so annoying, Do they really all do this, pathetic iff you ask me.
Big babies.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miffmiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG they all do it. That is great cos i was worried i had just found a real spoilt mummys boy ha ha.

Yorkie you saw his sulking when you came round. He was a nightmare for it that day cos he was tired.

Smuckers yes i did the whole "whats wrong baby, please tell me" for about 2 days before i said "ok so i am in trouble, what did i do this time. Tell me or i am going into another room". he would soon come round.

Also right on the humor. When i got mad about something he would stick his tounge out in a cheeky way, call me inte magnona or just grin at me till i laughed. So annoying that i cant stay mad for long.

Posts: 1710 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superwoman
Member # 14656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh this is sooo true.

It has taken me two years to perfect my response to sulksville.

It used to really bother me so much, I would think about it constantly, I would text or call if I was being ignored because a major traumatic event had taken place (like I had not put the bin out! or something equally trivial), i really couldn't get on with my day when he was being a moody bottom, and this almost always resulted in big arguments.

However now i just try to let him get on with it, I dont get frustrated or angry, I dont spend more than about 5 mins wondering whats wrong now, and yes I use humour (or whistling [Wink] ) to get through it. My sulker is a good person inside, so when I leave him to his sulkiness he usually comes out of it sooner or later. I think Egyptian men are just like dinosaurs, when something happens the reactions take a while to register, could be a few hours or a day, but just let them chew it over until they come round... then smile sweetly [Wink] as if it never happened, or at least you never noticed [Wink] learnt that from my egyptian women friends.

yep mine also tries to win me round with humour, this can make me really cross, but it always works...dammit!!!!

Posts: 918 | From: Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If its any consolation older Egyptian men don't sulk very much. Hardly at all infact. They do grow up eventually [Smile]
Sadly I think some of you have a long way to go yet [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:

Thanks Sashy, I just ate.
Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just back from sharm, why do all egy men i get introduced to by my friends seem such cold fish?
it's like they don't know how to smile, they're sooo serious?
really i have heard so many times how egyptian people are so warm and friendly, however i have yet to meet one.
maybe it's me? who knows, by the way my friends are female egyptians, lord they musn't feel i'm worth flirting with.lol. the single one's that is
[Wink] do they have a mid life crisis at 30 in egypt?
am not bashing them i just don't get it [Confused]

Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:

Thanks Sashy, I just ate.
You're welcome,dear [Big Grin]
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by manx:
just back from sharm, why do all egy men i get introduced to by my friends seem such cold fish?
really i have heard so many times how egyptian people are so warm and friendly, however i have yet to meet one.
maybe it's me? who knows, by the way my friends are female egyptians, lord they musn't feel i'm worth flirting with.lol. the single one's that is

It must obviously be you!!! [Eek!] Sorry,but even if they were only flirting,and those who are not,i've yet to find one that i think is cold fish. [Roll Eyes]
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EXCUSE ME, but did Mystic-rentabride just sell herself for some laminate and vinyl flooring??

Please woman we don't brag about that, come back when you have some hard wood and tile flooring then maybe we can talk. All those times in Egypt and you didn't learn the art of the bargain?

I vowed I would not respond but you seem to be under the illusion/delusion/whatever that we want to hear about and/or are jealous of your life? No on both counts. If you are so happy with your new found position(wife for hire) then go live it and stop trying to tempt us with your synthetic floorings. [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Really it's very depressing so khalas just go.

Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist Cake Girl:
EXCUSE ME, but did Mystic-rentabride just sell herself for some laminate and vinyl flooring??

Please woman we don't brag about that, come back when you have some hard wood and tile flooring then maybe we can talk. All those times in Egypt and you didn't learn the art of the bargain?

I vowed I would not respond but you seem to be under the illusion/delusion/whatever that we want to hear about and/or are jealous of your life? No on both counts. If you are so happy with your new found position(wife for hire) then go live it and stop trying to tempt us with your synthetic floorings. [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

ROFL [Big Grin]
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by manx:

Intimidated or something. Must be the big boobs. lol
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist Cake Girl:

I wasnt bragging in the first place, and the choice of what went in was mine, he would have happily paid for the more expensive things but i dont have a need for more expensive. i do not have the need for hardwood floors and i dont like tile. I am not so stuck up and particular that I have to have the top of the line of everything, i want simpler things, why pay so much for something when other things that are far cheaper do just as nicely.
I do not think i have come across more stuck up people as i have here, putting people down because of what work they do and suggesting that vinyl flooring and laminate is not good enough, seems nothing is good enough for you people around here, well, i wont generalize everyone here as there are several good people, but it seems alot need to learn that top of the line brand name things are not everything in this world. How in the world can people be so materialistic.

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
crap just go all the way out and get marble floors!!!
hard wood is cheap nowa days!!!
i happen to like vinyl flooring its cheap and lasts a long time in the bathroom!!
i a cheap person i would rather spend 10$ on a shirt and wear it for many years then buy a new 50$ ecvery week!!!
i like sweat pants hell they are what 12$ a pair!!!
i figure if people dont like lookin at me fuckem!!!
dont look at me dont talk to me dont bother with me!!
i am who i am and noone or nothin will ever change me!!!

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CHECK THIS OUT! [Cool]

Vinyl Sheet Flooring

Vinyl Sheet flooring combines dramatic, authentic-looking visuals - like slate, limestone, sisal and linen - with durability and easy maintenance. Vinyl flooring is also very versatile and a breeze to install. If you are handy, you can install vinyl sheet flooring in your kitchen, bathroom or any other room!

Interior Design - Get inspired by fresh design ideas and tools to make decorating decisions with confidence:

* Design a Room - Explore interior design options using Armstrong vinyl flooring right now on the web.
* Design my Room - Makeover your entire room online using celebrity design ideas, community input and your own room pictures.
* Shop by Room - Hundreds of beautiful rooms to spark your imagination. Sort by room, style or product.

Browse our vinyl flooring styles today and see for yourself how your ideas can become reality with an Armstrong Vinyl Floor.

http://www.armstrong.com/resflram/na/sheet/en/us/

Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
We have hardwood floors in the appartment we've rented and I don't like it. It's not comfy for the feet and cold in winter. One day we'll have our house and i want carpet in all bedrooms at least - which is very common in the US.
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ya we have carpets in all rooms except the kitchen and bathroom and basement!!!
i hate it sometimes cas when u spill somethin on it always seems to be so hard to clean!!
i have a carpect steamer but after time they wear down!!!
i love cement floors like in mexico.
also there are heated floors i watch a home decor show in hdtv all the time they seem to be nice floors!!!

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
No carpets for us... we are allergic to dust and house dust mite.
When we lived in our apartment, I had all carpets removed and had laminate placed in the bedrooms. I think this is very hygienic but indeed, cold to the feet.
In our house we have parquetry everywhere. I think it is terrible expensive [Frown] [Frown] but I like it a lot.

TL, what do you mean with 'hardwood floors'? Is it a synonym for 'parquetry'??

BTW, no, I did not meet my Egyptian husband/wife online. (see, I stay on topic [Big Grin] ))

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
How in the world can people be so materialistic.

says the woman who just married a man she doesnt love so she could get house repairs?? [Confused] [Confused]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
No carpets for us... we are allergic to dust and house dust mite.
When we lived in our apartment, I had all carpets removed and had laminate placed in the bedrooms. I think this is very hygienic but indeed, cold to the feet.
In our house we have parquetry everywhere. I think it is terrible expensive [Frown] [Frown] but I like it a lot.

TL, what do you mean with 'hardwood floors'? Is it a synonym for 'parquetry'??

BTW, no, I did not meet my Egyptian husband/wife online. (see, I stay on topic [Big Grin] ))

Parquet is composed from several layers, hardwood floors are beams, but, to make it easy, also can have the name parquet. [Wink]
BTW, also to stay on topic, I met my husband in the last century, internet didn't exist at that time. We didn't have mobile phones, no fax, we communicated in person. Isn't THAT weird???? [Razz]

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
vader thankyou for your comment, my hero!
sash, maybe cold fish was the wrong adjective, perhaps i should have said reserved?
i don't believe it was "me", they were all perfect gentlemen in fact, just not what i was expecting when i went away.
of course i got the usual catcalls and whistles, but they were mostly from the younger generation . i am just surprised is all.

[Wink] [Big Grin]

Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cloudberry
Member # 11163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cloudberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I wasnt bragging in the first place, and the choice of what went in was mine, he would have happily paid for the more expensive things but i dont have a need for more expensive. i do not have the need for hardwood floors and i dont like tile. I am not so stuck up and particular that I have to have the top of the line of everything, i want simpler things, why pay so much for something when other things that are far cheaper do just as nicely.
I do not think i have come across more stuck up people as i have here, putting people down because of what work they do and suggesting that vinyl flooring and laminate is not good enough, seems nothing is good enough for you people around here, well, i wont generalize everyone here as there are several good people, but it seems alot need to learn that top of the line brand name things are not everything in this world. How in the world can people be so materialistic.

I've noticed so far that unfortunately the cheap(est( is not necessarily so good. As a student you bought what you could afford - cheap - and it often broke before long! Like plates, glasses, furniture etc.

You buy quality and that lasts maybe a lifetime. It is perhaps not so important talking about smaller things as maybe you want to change them at some point when you get bored with them.

We're now choosing everything to our home and the most important thing is that we like them and that everything is absolutely of good quality and I see it costs a bit more. But you might spend more money in the end if you buy cheap and poor quality. Expensive labels are expensive for a reason (usually) : they last. It's not being materialistic.

Posts: 758 | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com