EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Materialistic? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Materialistic?
Mrs Hassan
Member # 15069

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs Hassan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Normally I would not respond to something like this but here I go................I am assuming that your living in Egypt and not anywhere else? that anthrops does not work? and he works and brings in the money? If this is the case, why not ask him for an allowance each week, or if this is not going to happen, then ask for little extra at a time when paying for anything and keep the extra. With the extra you could save by doing something like gamaya. people maybe in your area give money to one person each month and all this money goes to each of the person's who is in the plan. each month, so for eg: if you save 500 egp and there are 10 of you in this plan you could take 5000 egp in a lump sum. This way you have money for your kids...

However if you are both working, then share the living expenses etc.. and save some of your own money, dont tell him exactly what you earn... women do keep certain secrets in marriage you know [Smile]

My husband has certain traits of saving money, but thanks god, he also agrees we need to enjoy the life as well. I do tend to buy the kids stuff that he may not agree with or feel is a waste, so I make it him take them out when they need anything, then he appreciates what kids and things for kids cost...... (Oh and by the way I tend not to shop in the big Malls, I'm a souk kind of gal!)

--------------------
MRS HASSAN

Posts: 129 | From: In the land of plenty | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs Hassan:

I am assuming that your living in Egypt and not anywhere else? that anthrops does not work?

They live in her homecountry and she works.
Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Momma_Dukez:
quote:
Originally posted by anthropos:
my husband thinks constantly about money, how to make it, how to save it, how to make more...
when he speaks to his family all they talk about is "kam.....kam...."...the price of stuff and how to organize some projects.
His first thoughts always turns to money. friend had an accident at work and his first reaction was "he will get compensation!" not is he doing OK?
I am really fed up with this kind of thinking, especially because he is actually quite poor nonetheless (hehe). But I feel he is so materialistic. All he is interested in is the new iphone, gold, diamonds, if something is worth something. Doesn't matter what, just as long as he can sell it.
Is this an Egyptian trend? Or just my husband?

No, its an Egyptian trend that I myself find very disgusting. My ex was like that...his father used to tell him all the time, 'you hold the dollar so close to your eyes that you cant see anything else around you!'

they live, breathe and dream money.
If money had long hair and a kuss, they'd marry it.

My ex husbands uncle is married to a Morrocan woman my age and she said that all Egyptians care about is money. they will make themselves live like total sh*t just to save money.

but, in the long run, it ends up biting them in the ass.

ive been around these people since my early teens and seen lots of it. they hurt people for money. they are misers too. then when the day comes when they have made thei green, they have gone and pissed off so many people that they are rich yes, but very ALONE.

I have seen so many egyptians marry older western women, the women who help them make all this money, then years later she finds that he went and got himself an egyptian wife and kids back home...all obtained during his marriage to HER.

my ex's uncle Alaa did it. He married this really heavy older woman when he was a dishwasher and she was a waitress.
she helped him open a diner. they had 2 kids. 5 years ago, Alaa suckered my ex out of $30,000 and so he went and whipped out photos of Alaa's new egyptian wife and baby to her as revenge.

When I worked in Alaa's diner as a teen, there was this chef named Nabil. (we all called him billy).
He was married to a waitress named Dottie. Another older, yet quite pretty, woman.

Him and Dottie lived like dirt so Nabil could save money. They opened a restaurant.
Well about 8 years ago, there was this big huge thing where Nabil suckered a co owner out of money.
So what did the co owner do?
Ratted Nabil out to Dottie and let her know he had went back to Egypt on a visit 3 years prior, married a young Egyptian girl and they had two kids...while he was married to Dottie for over ten yrs.

My ex's brother married a very ugly and very fat 38 yr old woman when he was only 20.
Well, they just opened up a restuarant.
He is trying to go back to Cairo, and I recently had to vouch for him at immigration.
My ex told me 'of course he wants a young wife and kids (this woman had a hysterectomy after 2 kids) but he has to get his business!

My own ex is now with a 50 yr old women whose kids are crackheads.
When we got a divorce, he said to me that we can get back together after 3 yrs when he got his business built, then he can sell it and we can go back to egypt.
i told him once hes out that door theres no way im waiting for him....and he left anyway.
this women is fed to teeth with him.
in one yr, he is gonna sell the business, leave HER with the debts and fly back home forever.

i said it once, ill say its more...WATCH THESE MEN!!! MONEY IS THE ONLY THING THAT THEY LIVE FOR! most of you women here just know the egyptian way cuz your husbands that you met.
i know it because ive lived in this culture since i was 12.
i seen things you will NEVER see........yet you all notice and ask about.

why do u think they hop online in egypt and hunt down older western women to marry? because there is a shortage of females in egypt? because they dont like egyptian women? no and NO! its because they cant afford to marry the woman they want to marry in egypt. trust me, they ALL have the one egyptian girl they are in love with and cant marry because they got NO money. so how do they marry her? they have to find a way to get into the states, make money, and go back with much to offer her PLUS by now he is an egyptian citizen which means big respect over there.

none of them want to stay in the west forever! none of them want to be married to an older woman forever and not have his children speaking and living egypt!

dont you women get it by now!

when i go there, all i hear is the american dream this....and how they share ideas of how to gain wealth to bring back home.

its all about the MONEY! marriage and all!

however my ex's family is pissed off big time at him for what he did to me.
everytime him and aleya go thee, i have to hear stories from aleya and get phone calls from his sister rahab (who is like my bff), of how the family is fighting with him for leaving and bringing this old hag to their home.
his father moves out of the house each time he goes there because hes so disgusted with his son.

and this is something that all the families feel...yet they smile in the face of the older wife cuz after all, she IS the reason they now have a better lifestyle!

you know how many western union receipts I found hidden in the attic after he left? receipts of $1000 and more sent every month to cairo! while he made me and aleya live in poverty!? i once found $10,000 hidden away in the house...at the same time he made me go on WIC just to buy formula for our newborn baby cuz he was too cheap to buy it!
when i was pregnant...he made me work full time up to 2 days before the due date. he would take all my money then refused to buy groceries.
i was literally a starving pregnant woman who ended up going to her moms house for dinner at night.

it got so bad, my dad had enough and ripped my ex out of his car and beat his ass up in the street.

look, long story short, they are experts at living a double life.

MD this is the best post on ES I have read in a long time. Sadly, it is so true of the majority of Egyptian men.
Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Samaka. have to agree with you.
Excellent post MD, i will certainly read your stuff more carefully in future.
It is a story you hear so often. God knows how families even tacitly collude with their 'proud Egyptian' sons to behave like this.
'Haram' doesn't even cover it, does it?
Brings shame on these people.
How on earth do they pray????

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are you expecting if you hang out with scum???

MD, why were you never able to bag an educated and wealthy (of course [Big Grin] ) Arab??????

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll share about marriage finances. First a little background which I think is necessary because I think employment/income as well as age plays a big role in the way people handle their finances. I'm in my early 30s and my wife is younger. We both don't work, but we are fine financially.

An allowance for both of us is very important. We both learned that it is fair when our own money is used for things that we like individually. Straight up I am a spender and if there is anyone who would infringe on our overall budget it would be me. I can easily spend $200-$300 per weekend night, although $100-$150 is average. A jug of beer and a plate of fresh oysters for example is $25, and I can easily have 2 such orders. Then there's taxi one way to down town @ $7 but coming home after midnight it is double. Then there's taxis when going from place to place downtown, they almost never use the meter and each small trip is like $5-$8. Add in more beer and a fresh seafood late night dinner and you can see how easily money goes. This doesn't even include buying something here and there.

So for tonight as in Friday night which is only a few hours away, my allowance is all used up because I unwisely spent my allowance the first three weeks of the month. I think I have like $50 - $75 left. So this is where I can be bad and infringe on the budget. I can ask my wife for money from our cash at home, or I can use the ATM and withdraw money. Either way I would be infringing and I don't think I could do that because just yesterday my wife commended me for not spending money for an entire day.

My point is very simple. The “home” should have a budget including savings if that is where you are in your lives. But money/allowance should be allocated to both husband and wife. The allowance money could be used for whatever the person chooses. If the OP wants to buy herself some nice clothes then so be it. I guess it's more complicated with children but the OP should not have to use her money to get them things they need. The kids too should have an allowance to get them things the OP wants because it would be unfair to use the OP money for those things.

So for the evening I have no idea what I'm going to do but most likely I will chill at home. Maybe go out and bowl a game or two. Maybe ask for an advance from next month's allowance. HA! HA! [Big Grin] That would be the stupidest thing because same time next month I'll be in the same situation as I am now.

Anyway that's how we do things. We allocate money for our home budget, traveling, holidays(eid) and even for when we go out together to dinner or whatever and we deduct that from the home budget. But when it comes to my spending or my wife buying a new dress/shoes or whatever, all those expenses are paid from our own allowances.

I don't know how people might perceive such a budget, but ever since we started it and done away with indiscriminate spending our budget stabilized. I think it is vital for the each partner to have that spending money in their pockets. I mean we're humans, and when an allowance is in to play it eliminates many problems, such as the one discussed in this thread.

Time for my broke ass to check out the TV guide. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rather a materialistic husband at work than a lazy bum on the couch at home.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mo Ning Min E:
Samaka. have to agree with you.
Excellent post MD, i will certainly read your stuff more carefully in future.

you should, there are occasionally some wise words comes out of MD's keyboard!

quote:
It is a story you hear so often.
yes, but not only in Egypt or Egyptians

quote:
God knows how families even tacitly collude with their 'proud Egyptian' sons to behave like this.
'Haram' doesn't even cover it, does it?
Brings shame on these people.
How on earth do they pray????

Some are taught it's not haram to rip off a foreigner, yes by their parents who pray 5 times a day! [Wink]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, for some reason your parents and the parents of your wife as well, never had to teach both of you that effort is needed in order to reach a goal, Exiiled?
Or don't I understand you well enough? You and your wife both get an allowance big enough to cover all expenses even rather luxurious ones?
In fact the only thing you two have to keep in mind is that the allowance is, however exquisite, limited to a certain amount? Is this for the rest of your life?
If you should have children, how would you raise them? It's a quite extraordinary situation...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Miss_Tigerlily:
[QB] What are you expecting if you hang out with scum???

Interestingly, I was talking to one of my Egyptian friends the other day (she is 33, has three lovely kids and a PhD in Architecture.) She said, "If only Egyptian men didn't let this country down so badly!" (We were talking about a man with a prestigious position in Cairo.)

It is not just the Saedis, it is a problem with the men across the whole of Egyptian society. I swear if the educated women were in control of Egypt, it wouldn't be Third World, it would be a country Egyptians could be proud of.

Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol if Egypt is a third world country by all means I wanna live there!! [Smile]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Questionmarks:
So, for some reason your parents and the parents of your wife as well, never had to teach both of you that effort is needed in order to reach a goal, Exiiled?
Or don't I understand you well enough? You and your wife both get an allowance big enough to cover all expenses even rather luxurious ones?
In fact the only thing you two have to keep in mind is that the allowance is, however exquisite, limited to a certain amount? Is this for the rest of your life?
If you should have children, how would you raise them? It's a quite extraordinary situation...

Our total budget including my wife's allowance comes from my income. My wife on occasions (eid, birthday, etc) receives money from her family, those are just merely monetary gifts. I really don't think that our lifestyle and budget differs from anyone else. The only difference is me as a breadwinner does not have to work for a salary. I do have plans to set up my own business because too much free time, sometimes gets me in trouble. But basically that is my life. I could also get another degree and that's what I wanted originally to be a “student for life”, but I'm more inclined to start my own business, I think to earn my own hard earned money would be cool, I know I could do it.

If a child comes along, our goal is to give him/her a good education and we'll take it from there.

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's pretty different as what I am used to, Exiiled. Even members of the royal family, as a kid, have to offer something ( their effort) in order to receive something.
You know, it feels good to work for a salary high enough to lead the life you like to live.
On the other side, education can also be a challenge...
May I ask what your father teached you as a child? What did you have to do to get his appreciation?

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the big deal Questionmarks? Obviously Exiled is filthy rich and doesn't need to work. To say that working is good for you is just us being jealous of those that are so lucky to not have to work.
I wish I was in his position.

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by anthropos:
What is the big deal Questionmarks? Obviously Exiled is filthy rich and doesn't need to work. To say that working is good for you is just us being jealous of those that are so lucky to not have to work.
I wish I was in his position.

I disagree anthropos, I know many people dream of not having to go to work everyday and to have a comfortable lifestyle without having to work, it sounds nice and it is for a bit but then it gets boring. I have always worked full time and supported myself. Since November 2009 I have not worked and my husband has supported me. To be fair it' because I was pregnant that I quit my job as I had to travel around the gulf a lot and was concerned about flying so much when pregnant. I could have got another job, but we didn't really need the extra income as Sam was doing well with his company. For the first couple of months it was great but then it became boring. I was living in Dubai, the lifestyle over there is very nice, we had our own swimming pool etc. lots of nice restaurants and malls but there really is only so much eating out and shopping you can do.

When i was a child we didnt have much money but my parents always worked. i had to "work" for my pocket money, doing chores etc. I was always horse mad and my dream was to have a horse of my own. My dad said he would match whatever I managed to save towards buying a horse. From the age of 12 upwards I had various part time jobs from newspaper girl to dog walker at a boarding kennels to cleaning out other peoples horse stables and after three year I had saved enough to buy myself horse. I still remember that feeling and considered it to be my biggest achievement for a long time.

I think we, as humans need to work to feel valued, we all need to feel as though we are achieving things and have our place in the world and i think it's a great satisfaction when you get your pay cheque each month knowing that you have earned it. I worked to targets so my salary always depended how much effort I put in.

I miss that feeling. I am going back to work full time in January 2011 even though I know it will be hard to leave my daughter I know i have to do it for me. We could manage on one salary but we want to buy a house in the UK and we already have a mortgage in Cairo. We want to be able to put our daughter into private education so we both need to work to achieve these goals.

I am s proud of my husband. He has been in the UK since this June and it took him 6 weeks to find a job.He was looking everyday until he found one. We were prepared to move anywhere in the country if needs be, but he found one in Newcastle which is not too far.It was an adjustment for him to be an employee again as he is used to being his own boss. He has been forunate to get a job in his field (structural steel) and has walked straight into a management position with a multnational company.That was pure luck because his particular skill set is so specific but he was prepared to start at the bottom if he had to. He leaves for work at 6.15am and comes in around 7.30pm and this is 6 days a week. He never complains because he has so many things he wants to achieve. He has one of the strongest work ethics in anyone I ever met and his drive and ambition is one of the things I find most attractive about him. I know for a fact there are other women on this forum who are married to equally hardworking egyptian men.

Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Amen to that, DG. Excellent post. [Smile]
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to add....I think staying home with a child/children is much harder than going out to work at a job, my baby is only three months and she is now starting to cry when i leave the room. I am having to learn to do stuff one handed (grace being in my other arm) and I dont know how people with several children manage!She barely naps in the day and some days I barely have time to clean my teeth!! (I am breastfeeding and she never goes longer than 2 hours between feeds so my life is broken into slots between feeds)Between the baby and Daisy our kalba baladi we brought from Dubai they take up all my time as the dog is still young and demands attention. Roll on January!!! I am lucky that my mother and my favourite auntie are going to split the childcare between them so I can work. Daycare is extortionate in the UK. It costs around 600 GBP per month per child for full time care!
Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
DG, I went back to work when my oldest children were only 2.5 and 1 year old. The salary at NATO was great but the whole situation was too hard to handle. I suffered and I felt so guilty of leaving my babies in care with somebody else. I did not see them in the morning when I had to leave to go to work and I came home about two hours before they had to go to bed in the evening. I felt I was not in their lives. We decided to have another baby so when it was time to deliver I stayed home permanently.... and our family grew since then even more. I am grateful that I have been able to make this decision. We are not financially strained; neither I miss sitting my time up in an office. My kids mean everything to me - and my dog. Ouch forgot to add hubby. [Wink]
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
TL from what I have heard from friends with children the guilt of being at work while someone else takes care of them is one of the most difficult things for a mother. I am hoping that it wont be so bad for me because she will be with my mother for three days a weel and they have a lovely bond, my mother came to my house everyday to see grace for the first two months and she is in spain now and texts me every day asking how she is and because my mother talks and talks and talks to Grace she will be talking herself in no time!
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Questionmarks – I'm sure you've heard the saying “not all fingers are alike.” This is the way that I choose to live my life and I love it. As far as what my dad instilled in his children, good grades/respect elders/usual stuff, that's what he instilled. I have brothers who pretty much work all day, that's their prerogative. I remember having a discussion with my brother about him traveling with me, his answer was he can't imagine a life where he doesn't go to the office everyday. I have another brother who only talks about business, my dad started him off, but I can say he made his own millions. His life now in turmoil, rocky marriage, my niece keeps nagging her parents about moving to live with me and my wife for a year or two, she thinks were "cool."

Anthropos – You're funny [Smile] but I am not filthy rich. I would say I'm upper middle class.

Dubai Girl – I think life can get boring for anyone regardless if they work or don't. Personally I love not having to work. My dream to set up my own business is really because of a complex I have. I think that maybe I have to prove something. So to me it's about a challenge, although I know I don't have to prove anything to anyone. But it's there in the back of mind, so I will set out and do that.

I love to chill all day, waking up whenever, I love traveling, I travel flashpack throughout Cambodia in November. I'm trying to convince my wife for us to travel throughout south east asia on motorcycle. There is so much a person can do. I spent about three years of not working getting a graduate degree. There are a lot of exciting things and challenges one can do while not working. This is like 6th place we lived in past 6 years and that's about the only thing that annoys my wife. She wants one country, one home and that's that. Tomorrow we're going to the planetarium, hang out in KL's central park area, Sunday it's off to IKEA again, there are just many things to do. I've become a pro at not working, I think people who get bored are the ones who feel like a fish out a water. From me it would be the other way around.

But I am adamant about starting my own business, after all I did open a business from scratch in Cairo. And as teen was manager in one of my dad's business. Yes even as a teenager I had complete control on weekends and summers.

There was also a time when I didn't have anything for personal reasons. I was cool with that too, but now it's my income, my money. And what am I supposed to do. Go out get a job when I don't need one? Get bossed around, wake up at 7am to be at work by 9? That's not me, if I have to I would. If I wasn't living the life I wanted or if my wife was asking for things I couldn't provide, yes I'd go out there and apply for job after job.

So I guess it's what someone is comfortable with. I also get to take time and learn my cooking, tonight I might make Tum Khaa Khai. Later I'm hoping there's some live baseball. [Big Grin]

*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dubai Girl, I feel the same way about work as you do.
Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think it's so much about having a 'job' in the normal sense of the word as having a 'focus' or something to interest you.

Some people are very able to fill their days with interesting things - whether it be reading, crafts, studying (with or without a formal course), going out on 'adventures' or whatever - while others completely turn to a braindead mush without the external stimulus of paid employment.

So if you have no formal employment, yet are able to do stimulating things by your own inner motivation - great. If, on the other hand, you start watching daytime TV at 9am and sit on the couch all day with Oprah Winfrey, Jerry Springer, '60 Minute Makeover', "location location location" etc etc, then your brain will be fried to a crisp within days.

When I quit work to go back to Uni full time to do my PhD (nature of my research meant I could 'work at home' most of the time), my golden rule was 'no tv before 6pm except weekends, bank holidays and official sick leave' and it has stood me in good stead.

It's different living here because life as we know is topsy turvy in Egypt so I have to do tricks like take whole days of no tv or no computer to balance things out. Although now I'm older, I'm more able to motivate myself than I used to be.

It also depends on the nature of your work. If you have interesting, professional type work or if you are someone happy with the work you do, then that's a big plus.

If, however, like many people you are stuck in a job you loathe and hate but feel you have no choice because of high unemployment, mouths to feed or whatever, then it's not so great having a job.

And big fat generalisation coming: I have found throughout my working life that men are very happy to sit and do nowt all day so long as they have a fancy title and a pay check, but a woman in the same situation will be looking around her office or whatever for things to do to occupy herself so it does depend on the possibility of doing that wherever you work. Women don't like being bored. Men seem to have a much greater tolerance for it.

A few weeks after I arrived here, I started to get extremely stressed because it would get to sundown and I would feel that I had achieved nothing, accomplished nothing, all day. Someone said to me "how can that be stressful?"
Well believe me it is for someone like me - I have to give myself goals, targets, action lists etc to keep healthy and happy.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
I liked the way Shanta Q put it. Explanatory but definitely objective. She placed an emphasis on motivation, and also discipline that people who don't work must eventually adhere too. Unfortunately for one reason or another society as evinced by some members here are unable grasp lifestyles that differ from what they're accustomed to. It's as if a person has to conform to the way they perceive life. I had a conversation with a gentlemen once, a man of leisure very much like myself, and he said when people ask him what he does for a living, he just lies, and says he's an accountant or some other mundane job. He realized that people in general must be able to identify with the person in order to eventually accept that person. Their minds must accept a person, if not, they place a big question mark on it, this in turn leads to labels being created by their minds to identify that person. These labels are often not very nice.
shalamar
Member # 16507

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shalamar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
moma dukes your post i hope opens up the eyes of those in need of waking up

--------------------
tilly
"I can make you feel good" -shalamar
Women dont have hot flushes they just have power surges"

Posts: 131 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stayingput
Member # 14989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stayingput     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Exiiled:
Their minds must accept a person, if not, they place a big question mark on it, this in turn leads to labels being created by their minds to identify that person. These labels are often not very nice.

Standing and clapping, standing and clapping, standing and clapping!

That is people in general - a human trait.

In our need to make order out of what doesn't make sense, we categorize but not necessarily matching all of the characteristics.

For example:

Lerv stung western woman. Her Egyptian lerv must be one of those giggalos, just because he was Egyptian and left her.

It's not her fault.

She didn't understand the religion or the culture or the language and had nothing in common with him to begin with, other than they could both say each other's names, but it's his fault because he was Egyptian and he left her.

Classic ES label.

Posts: 758 | From: Here. There. Everywhere. | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
I liked the way Shanta Q put it. Explanatory but definitely objective. She placed an emphasis on motivation, and also discipline that people who don't work must eventually adhere too. Unfortunately for one reason or another society as evinced by some members here are unable grasp lifestyles that differ from what they're accustomed to. It's as if a person has to conform to the way they perceive life. I had a conversation with a gentlemen once, a man of leisure very much like myself, and he said when people ask him what he does for a living, he just lies, and says he's an accountant or some other mundane job. He realized that people in general must be able to identify with the person in order to eventually accept that person. Their minds must accept a person, if not, they place a big question mark on it, this in turn leads to labels being created by their minds to identify that person. These labels are often not very nice.

Yes, perhaps this makes sense. I thought about it, and it's strange because it has to do with feeling valued. It seems that feeling valued is connected with being succesfull in professional life. But why do people need to feel valued?
Perhaps because they don't have enough selfesteem, and then somone couldintroduce himself as an accountant, while he isn't.
I am managing the season finals at the moment, and yesterdaynight after the matches were played, all the tennis association members were chatting with each other and the subject was work. One man, guess he's around 60, quitted working because of a huge disagreement with his employer. Protected by law he received a large sum and decided to quit. He is at home while his wife is working fulltime.
We tend to think about this kind of situations as a rather meaningless life. A man who is at home all day, cleaning the house, washin the laundry, cooking the food, that's not something to be jealous at for a man. It's okay for a woman, but not for a man. [Wink]
Of course it's not the right way to think, but that's how people think, here.
My husband was at home for a few years, but he didn't feel right about it.
To be clear: This is not about same fingers on one hand, or about jealousy or shortsightenedness. It's about common opinions, attitudes, way of life.
Exiiled's way of living is unusual to me, and to most of my fellow compatriots, even the queen is working as I said earlier. That doesn't mean it's the one and only right way to live, I just want to understand. Where do you feel proud about? Or your parents? Don't they have any problems with this way of life? I cannot imagine that, when a father has worked all his life as a businessman, agrees in having a son needing financial support all his life, because he doesn't have plans to work.
I would worry about him!

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by stayingput:
quote:
Their minds must accept a person, if not, they place a big question mark on it, this in turn leads to labels being created by their minds to identify that person. These labels are often not very nice.

Standing and clapping, standing and clapping, standing and clapping!

That is people in general - a human trait.

In our need to make order out of what doesn't make sense, we categorize but not necessarily matching all of the characteristics.

For example:

Lerv stung western woman. Her Egyptian lerv must be one of those giggalos, just because he was Egyptian and left her.

It's not her fault.

She didn't understand the religion or the culture or the language and had nothing in common with him to begin with, other than they could both say each other's names, but it's his fault because he was Egyptian and he left her.

Classic ES label.

I don't know what 'lerv stung' means, but you're right about the cause of the that muched failed intercultural relationship: It will always be HIS fault, while she doesn't understand anything about their way of life. At the same time HE is doing exactly the same: their relationship failed because of exactly the same stereotypical characteristics as SHE uses to complain about HIM. And perhaps that's human...or perhaps it has to do with thinking levels...
Exilled has choosed a total different way to live and it makes me curious. He still is in his 30's and I would like to know how he would feel about his life when he is 50, or 60 etc.
His place in the family, in society...
It doesn't mean anything negative...

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want Exiileds life!

Dude, you can have mine which is ace but I wanna go backpacking in Cambodia!!! That sounds AWESOME.

I know many women here who don't have to work and not one of them complains about it... lucky flunkers!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Yes, perhaps this makes sense. I thought about it, and it's strange because it has to do with feeling valued. It seems that feeling valued is connected with being succesfull in professional life. But why do people need to feel valued?
Perhaps because they don't have enough selfesteem, and then somone couldintroduce himself as an accountant, while he isn't.
I am managing the season finals at the moment, and yesterdaynight after the matches were played, all the tennis association members were chatting with each other and the subject was work. One man, guess he's around 60, quitted working because of a huge disagreement with his employer. Protected by law he received a large sum and decided to quit. He is at home while his wife is working fulltime.
We tend to think about this kind of situations as a rather meaningless life. A man who is at home all day, cleaning the house, washin the laundry, cooking the food, that's not something to be jealous at for a man. It's okay for a woman, but not for a man. [Wink]
Of course it's not the right way to think, but that's how people think, here.
My husband was at home for a few years, but he didn't feel right about it.
To be clear: This is not about same fingers on one hand, or about jealousy or shortsightenedness. It's about common opinions, attitudes, way of life.
Exiiled's way of living is unusual to me, and to most of my fellow compatriots, even the queen is working as I said earlier. That doesn't mean it's the one and only right way to live, I just want to understand. Where do you feel proud about? Or your parents? Don't they have any problems with this way of life? I cannot imagine that, when a father has worked all his life as a businessman, agrees in having a son needing financial support all his life, because he doesn't have plans to work.
I would worry about him!

You completely missed the point. It's not about feeling valued at all. The man opts to tell people he's an accountant because apparently he meets people like you who fail to accept and understand lifestyles that don't include work. I guess he's annoyed by having to explain his life. There's also the issue of contempt that some people have for people who are set for life. I'm sure when he meets open minded people and people he feels comfortable with he divulges the truth. It's not easy saying something like “I don't need to work” to strangers, but I personally found the title “man of leisure” to be somewhat okay, it's smoother that's for sure.

People such as myself as I have reiterated are just like everyone else minus work. We're not a secret society of some sort. Some have inherited money and live off it, some live off estates and trusts, some are born wealthy, some have property and live off the rent. One thing that I have observed however is that such people and I'm also speaking from experience, have matured a little slower than people who work. I believe this immaturity hails from lack of responsibility gained from work and career.

I know a young lady who has to be dragged out of bed in order to do anything before 6pm, but come evening she's a riot. I also know a dude who does nothing but watch hindi movies all day. Now these two might be seen as lost cases but I think it's lack of motivation and also lack of discipline as was pointed out by Shanta. They also need to grow up.

You say it's not about jealousy or “shortsightedness” but rather it's about “common opinions” and “way of life.” Such an attitude is one of intolerance, even if there is a consensus, because we are all different. Some people have been dealt a unique set of cards in life but each person is the star of his or her own life. Living to appease society is a mistake but you feel it's necessary as that's the normal way and apparently because the almighty Queen Beatrix does it too. You mention that I need financial support all my life, you are assuming that, and I understand because it's probably due to my vagueness. Try to understand that I have assets and I live off dividends from those assets, before two years ago yes it was direct support. But these assets are now mine and their value as well as the dividends appreciate. Should we have a child then I'll pass the assets to him/her.

My mom is always busting my ass. She basically believes that idle hands lead to trouble, and wants me to work so I can stay out of trouble or so trouble doesn't find me. She stresses a lot, she watches the news and sees flooding on TV and calls me, even though it's like 1000 miles away. She's a mom she worries, like all moms do.. My dad gave up. [Big Grin] He tried everything in the book including disowning me at one point. [Big Grin] We're cool now. Love that man.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
I want Exiileds life!

Dude, you can have mine which is ace but I wanna go backpacking in Cambodia!!! That sounds AWESOME.

I know many women here who don't have to work and not one of them complains about it... lucky flunkers!

Cheeky tells it like it is. [Big Grin]

I am so looking forward to Cambodia especially Siam Reap and the river boat ride through the jungle to get there from Phnom Phen. Maybe even eat fried snake. [Big Grin] ahaha NOT!!! I actually had to rebook the flight to November so I can be there quicker. Thankfully everything here has settled down, the condo is 80% furnished, adjusted well to new neighborhood, only thing left is to lease a car.

But yeah it's time to put on the backpack, guess what this backpack has in common with Cairo? I bought it years ago from Sports Mall in Mohandesseen. It had to sew some rips here and there but it's still great but it's perfect midsize backpack for a 2-3 week trip.

Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry TL, I'm sure you wrote with anger, and not thought, but your remark equating scum with poverty, and 'why didn't you find someone rich' really does make a point about materialism doesn't it?
No RICH scum eh?

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mo Ning Min E:
I'm sorry TL, I'm sure you wrote with anger, and not thought, but your remark equating scum with poverty, and 'why didn't you find someone rich' really does make a point about materialism doesn't it?
No RICH scum eh?

Anger? No thought???

Reread MD's post and all you can think of is uneducated scum .

I am still puzzled why so many ladies complain about how things went wrong with their Egyptians when rationally thinking it all makes sense.

IMHO if you hang out with such losers and thieves don't be surprised if the path gets too hard to walk on one day. Enough bad stories are out for years and still each single woman believes it doesn't happen to her because her relationship is oh so special and love will conquer all - a love which is unfortunately only one-sided.

Really foreign women are only able to bag guys living on the poverty line which they find in and around the hotels while on vacation and wonder later on why they gotten taken for a nasty ride by them.

Now if a financially well-off Egyptian (which goes hand in hand with education and education is very expensive in Egypt) marries a foreign woman he really means it. He doesn't have to lie to get what he wants. A man like this won't go looking on the internet for a marriage match either. His family most likely suggested through connections and approved and there is no wife hiding involved, no visa hunting, no extortion of money etc. And believe me these cases happen rather rarely.

After all foreign ladies who fall in love with an exotic looking Mohamed on vacation should think twice what they are perhaps getting themselves into and have a change of heart that f.e. Paul from the nearby pub back home, not so exotic looking but honest in his intentions, isn't such a bad match after all.

So yes the social class which comes with MONEY is extremely important for Egyptians when the sign is set for marriage. That's why you don't find Egyptians marrying other Egyptians underneath their own social class. Only naive foreign women don't mind because they marry for love and then you read all the heartbreaking stories on ES and other internet sites.

Just remember ladies, we have the year 2010 and still thousands of Egyptians try each year to migrate illegally to the West with boats over the Mediterranean and risking their lives. That's how harsh it is. Poor Egyptians will try anything to improve their way of living including sham marriages.

Now if you pick a waiter from an Egyptian resort as your spouse and go through all the hurdles to get him a visa to your country and then when he's there you gotta support him and before long you realize he's not the person you thought he was, his sweet talking stops, he has no intention of working (because all what he would get anyway would be 'lower jobs' - really what was he expecting with his education????), his controlling behavior escalates and perhaps you find out he is already married back home or he intends to marry his cousin or another young lovely Muslima from his hometown within the next few years etc. In the end you just wished you could turn back the clock so you would have never met him - just keep in mind Tigerlily wrote about exactly that here on ES before.

Make yourself a favor and really really think hard and long about the pros and cons before you elect a spouse from Egypt (or any other developing country in this matter). There are not only language barriers and culture and religion differences to conquer but perhaps dealing with the Egyptian mentality as a whole is something what you might underestimate. Throw in a guy who sees you only as the golden ticket to the Western world and you are so doomed. Is it worth taking such a risk? Safe yourself the heartache and the drama.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so uneducated = scum
educated = financially secure, not scum

I disagree. I have met scum with money and education and I have met decent people with no education and no money.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
so uneducated = scum

I disagree. I have met scum with money and education and I have met decent people with no education and no money.

And I am sure you have met many decent people with education and money and uneducated thieves who had no manners and conscience either as we all have but that's not the point here.

The point is that an Egyptian who has less education has less opportunities in his own country so he might go extreme ways to improve his lifestyle which includes entering marriage with a foreign woman for his own advantage. But I already wrote about this, see above.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Miss_Tigerlily:
quote:
so uneducated = scum

And I am sure you have met many decent people with education and money and uneducated thieves who had no manners and conscience either as we all have but that's not the point here.

The point is that an Egyptian who has less education has less opportunities in his own country so he might go extreme ways to improve his lifestyle which includes entering marriage with a foreign woman for his own advantage. But I already wrote about this, see above.

yes he might, as might anyone else in any other country.
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is capitalism, consumerism, protestant Christianity and individualism that has made us think that we are only worth something if we are making money. I am speaking here from an Euro/American standpoint.
I think that someone like Exiled is a breath of fresh air.

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
I didn't give any personal opinion as that I don't understand and that I am willing to understand...

--------------------

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Miss_Tigerlily:
quote:
so uneducated = scum

yes he might, as might anyone else in any other country.
Of course, it has to do with poverty. I can remember we were kind of shocked when a poor man in my own country told us about a stone he has sold someone, and made it look like it was a valuable stone, so that the buyer became greedy and insisted on buying it. It was a normal stone he had found in his garden....
In fact it's swindling, but he didn't see it that way. I guess you could see it the same way. There are even families considering the unequal marriage of their son as a sacrifice, as he should be a kind of martyr: He is offering his young life in order to get his family a better life.
It just is an opportunity, and they can be taken...

anthropos
Member # 9410

I agree Questionmarks and to be honest I totally understand why they do it and perhaps I even admire them a little.
If it is not possible for you to get an education, a decent job and not even marry within your own social status because you cannot buy an apartment etc. then being able to "fool" a foreign woman into marrying them is by far the best choice for them.
I honestly think that for many of them they have some feelings for those women, being Western is one attribute of them that is attractive, just as people in the West or anywhere consider good education, good family etc. to be good attributes even though those facts have nothing to do with their character. How often is the first question we put forward to other people "What do you do for a living?"

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
I didn't give any personal opinion as that I don't understand and that I am willing to understand...

You say that but your were sure quick to give an opinion about the “accountant” by labeling him as having no self esteem. I don't blame you questionmarks because I know your mentality was conditioned by your parents and society. We all know that as humans we are born on clean slate. The only two innate feelings we have as infants are fear of falling and fear of loud noises.

Everything else we learn through family and society. But sometimes family and society might retard our capacity to understand and accept people who are different. I'm not bashing society whether it's Western or Eastern nor am antisocial.

My point is very simple: Mankind is diverse and it's such a beautiful world because of that diversity. An intolerant viewpoint by society towards something/someone different shouldn't mean individuals must succumb and adhere to such intolerance. Peace-Out.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was post 666 Exiile... just an observation [Smile] A very good post though.

I know some very educated stupid people so having a good education doesn't always indicate they have much common sense!!!

Exiiled, I have often found people who are well travelled are the most accepting and understanding of others. The University of Life - priceless.

As a person who is passionate about volunteering and charity work, you don't have to get a pay cheque to feel worthy and valued in life. Some of us get that great feeling just by giving time and quality of life to others. [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
That was post 666 Exiile... just an observation [Smile] A very good post though.

I know some very educated stupid people so having a good education doesn't always indicate they have much common sense!!!

Exiiled, I have often found people who are well travelled are the most accepting and understanding of others. The University of Life - priceless.

As a person who is passionate about volunteering and charity work, you don't have to get a pay cheque to feel worthy and valued in life. Some of us get that great feeling just by giving time and quality of life to others. [Big Grin]

“666” [Big Grin] Hold up let me find a dictionary [Big Grin]

I totally agree with you Cheeky. I'm glad you used the word “well traveled” because people who travel or visit only 1 or 2 places might actually hate those places and arrive at a distorted view of the word. I think when a person travels for prolonged periods of time they are bound to find not just the bad but also the good.

To actually delve into cultures, I know some people here despise Arabs and Muslims, but I know for a fact that some of them are some of the most beautiful hearted people. The same with Indians, Asians, Europeans, etc. I'm under the impression that Brits/Europeans are much kinder abroad, but I know it's because of my limited interaction with them in their own countries. I believe that.

Haven't done voluntary work in a while. I did love teaching Iraqi refugees English, I just get too caught up with my own BS, that I actually forget, becoming too selfish doing nothing. Good for you though and I hope you continue. [Smile]

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by metinoot:
Still this sounds like a load of crap.

Americans by and large are not materialistic.

so you know sweet FA about UK, sweet FA about Egypt and also sweet FA about America. You need to get out more sono. [Wink]
Never claimed to know anything substantial about the UK, you on the otherhand make numerous claims about America and like Mo Ning Min E put enormous effort applying politics to the everyday habits/lifestyle of Americans.

By the way I have yet to see any other Egyptian username signify that there is "balady" and "foreign" vegetables.

Obviously a slipup on your part divulging how and the exactly how you are duped regularly by your love interest.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

so you know sweet FA about UK, sweet FA about Egypt and also sweet FA about America. You need to get out more sono. [Wink]
Never claimed to know anything substantial about the UK, you on the otherhand make numerous claims about America and like Mo Ning Min E put enormous effort applying politics to the everyday habits/lifestyle of Americans.

By the way I have yet to see any other Egyptian username signify that there is "balady" and "foreign" vegetables.

Obviously a slipup on your part divulging how and the exactly how you are duped regularly by your love interest.

Any chance of getting this in English? [Confused]
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What are you being sold "English" garlic at double the price of "Foreign" garlic now? How much did the "English" garlic cost you? 15LE?
Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

“666” [Big Grin] Hold up let me find a dictionary [Big Grin]

I totally agree with you Cheeky. I'm glad you used the word “well traveled” because people who travel or visit only 1 or 2 places might actually hate those places and arrive at a distorted view of the word. I think when a person travels for prolonged periods of time they are bound to find not just the bad but also the good.

To actually delve into cultures, I know some people here despise Arabs and Muslims, but I know for a fact that some of them are some of the most beautiful hearted people. The same with Indians, Asians, Europeans, etc. I'm under the impression that Brits/Europeans are much kinder abroad, but I know it's because of my limited interaction with them in their own countries. I believe that.

Haven't done voluntary work in a while. I did love teaching Iraqi refugees English, I just get too caught up with my own BS, that I actually forget, becoming too selfish doing nothing. Good for you though and I hope you continue. [Smile]

Voluntairy work or a payed job, that doesn't matter, but as I asked relier, it seems to me that a person needs to feel valued. I think someone without will feel useless after a while.
About the well traveled people, think it depends on what kind of travel expierences; a sand-sea-holidayresort in country number that much doesn't bring anything about the country itsselve....

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What are you being sold "English" garlic at double the price of "Foreign" garlic now? How much did the "English" garlic cost you? 15LE?
if you lived here you would know there is imported Garlic and there is balady Garlic, dumbo. [Roll Eyes]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
That is why I said well travelled.

I value myself and that matters more to me than anything else.

Ayisha, face it, whatever you say you are wrong, us living her know nothing!!!

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
yes ferret i know you're right, just baffles me how someone can be so fecking dumb! I mean I ask for her to translate her psycho babble into English now she bangs on about English garlic, wtf is she on?
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Disbelieving what 3 people mentioned about the price of stuff here is clearly just someone being an arse!

Food costs need to stabilise or reduce or Momma Ferret will have to grow her own dinner [Wink]

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com