EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Hair of Queen Tiye (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Hair of Queen Tiye
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Indeed nowhere in the DNATribes STR data does it say anything about Arabs, Levantines, or any Asiatic ancestry for that matter for the 18th dynasty only AFRICAN affinities.

quote:
Originally posted by the lyinass:

Arabia is close to Africa yet straight forms of hair are much more common than in Africa. This could be due to people from the North mixing into these populations.

Yet the wavy (not straight) hair texture among Egyptians is not uncommon among east Africans but is most common in North Africa particularly around the Saharan region where the Egyptians' ancestors originated. Therefore your point about a "northern" a.k.a. Eurasian influence is null. [Embarrassed]

quote:
I'm going to add...
More of your b.s. rhetoric.

quote:
..I know now I'm a white supremacist for thinking this.
Of course you are Mathilda disciple. We all have known this about you since your lyinass first began posting in this forum. [Smile]
Posts: 26388 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
^ Indeed nowhere in the DNATribes STR data does it say anything about Arabs, Levantines, or any Asiatic ancestry for that matter for the 18th dynasty only AFRICAN affinities.

DNATribes is a private for profit company. As alTakruri pointed out their analysis they made has yet to be verified by scientists or studies in academic journals.

1) South African
2) Central African
3) West African

^^North African ancestry too minimal for top 3 of the Amarna mummies? that has got to be flawed. Run your own STRs

quote:
quote:

Arabia is close to Africa yet straight forms of hair are much more common than in Africa. This could be due to people from the North mixing into these populations.

Yet the wavy (not straight) hair texture among Egyptians is not uncommon among east Africans but is most common in North Africa particularly around the Saharan region where the Egyptians' ancestors originated. Therefore your point about a "northern" a.k.a. Eurasian influence is null. [Embarrassed]

what sort of logic is this?
Straight hair (this includes the anthropological term wavy straight-i.e. not afro kinky hair) yes,
is most common in North Africa particularly around the Saharan region where the Egyptians' ancestors originated.

why?

"northern" a.k.a. Eurasian influence"

this is bourne out by DNA analysis or North Africans and you know it

Posts: 43023 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neferefre
Member # 13793

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neferefre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Can you please change your avatar. You are not black nor African even in the slightest, and don't have a clue about OUR hair, because if you did, you wouldn't have made this stupid post...

--------------------
"Son of the sun god Ra"

Posts: 197 | From: 5th Dynasty Abusir Temple | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Neferefre:
^ Can you please change your avatar. You are not black nor African even in the slightest, and don't have a clue about OUR hair, because if you did, you wouldn't have made this stupid post...

When did you acquire psychic powers?
Posts: 43023 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neferefre
Member # 13793

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neferefre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
quote:
Originally posted by Neferefre:

When did you acquire psychic powers?
No need for psychic powers, you prove your UN-BLACKNESS on a daily basis. WE know our own IMPOSTER!
Posts: 197 | From: 5th Dynasty Abusir Temple | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ "Black face" has a history as long as racism itself in the West and particularly in America. Black face was used as a form of entertainment to mock and denigrate blacks. Unfortunately these days, the practice has evolved into cyber or virtual black-face where white racist idiots don black avatars and/or pretend to be black persons in the net either to mock blacks once more OR to infiltrate and the black communities in the web and/or sabotage their social media. Of course black people or people in general regardless of color are NOT stupid enough to be fooled by the lyinass tactics.
quote:

DNATribes is a private for profit company. As alTakruri pointed out their analysis they made has yet to be verified by scientists or studies in academic journals.

1) South African
2) Central African
3) West African

^^North African ancestry too minimal for top 3 of the Amarna mummies? that has got to be flawed. Run your own STRs.

Of course you leave out the rest of what Takruri and Explorer have stated, that STRs are just part of the genetic picture. North Africa in the past has never been a separate or segregated entity from the rest of so-called 'Sub-Sahara' anyway, which actually helps explain the STR affinities. But, the DNATribes regional categories are flawed anyway for the reasons pointed out before. If one were to use other genetic components which are more accurate such as SNPs assessing lineage, the result are the same.

-

^ Even 'Arab' Egyptians of the Delta show a significant percentage of African lineages which are an older substratum with the Eurasian lineages being much more recent. We've even cited studies showing the converse-- that rural non-Arab Egyptians especially in the south have predominantly African lineages with very little Eurasian lineages. This all confirms what history, archaeology, and we ES veterans have been saying all along-- that ancient Egyptians were AFRICANS while Modern Egyptians are Afro-Eurasian mixed due to recent invasions and immigrations.

quote:

what sort of logic is this?
Straight hair (this includes the anthropological term wavy straight-i.e. not afro kinky hair) yes,
is most common in North Africa particularly around the Saharan region where the Egyptians' ancestors originated.

why?

"northern" a.k.a. Eurasian influence"

this is bourne out by DNA analysis or North Africans and you know it

No dumbass!! As was explained to you before by Swenet and others in a couple of other threads, most of the Eurasian influence in North Africa occurs in the coastal areas and the Egyptian Delta. What I am referring to are remote populations living in the central areas of the desert itself who all predominantly display wavy hair yet have little to NO Eurasian genetic influence stupid! There are even fair-skinned 'Arab' Egyptians in the Delta who have kinky afro-type hair as Ausar has shown before, while there are Africans with almost jet-black skin yet have wavy hair so how the hell can you still attribute wavy hair to Eurasians only?

Since your lyinass first showed up in this forum, we have showed you genetic evidence that Africans possess the greatest genetic diversity on the planet on account of being the oldest human populations. With such tremendous genetic diversity, why can't your idiotass accept the fact that wavy hair can and DOES occur naturally among Africans without it being a foreign genetic trait??!

We know the reason why is because you are an anti-African white supremacist as you earlier admitted. [Smile]

Posts: 26388 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
now show the SNPs for NAs
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ This was done before dumb-b|tch! The results are the same as Egypt-- All North Africans display significant African lineages, but those in the coastal areas also show Eurasian admixture while those away from the coasts further in the desert show minimal to no Eurasian lineages.

I find it annoying that you keep demanding evidence which we've shown you countless times before yet you offer NOTHING to back up your claims which were debunked countless times by the very evidence we show. [Embarrassed]

I'm through with you.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

I find it annoying that you keep demanding evidence which we've shown you countless times before yet you offer NOTHING to back up your claims which were debunked countless times by the very evidence we show. [Embarrassed]

I'm through with you.

there is something to back the claims, this:

quote:

in the coastal areas also show Eurasian admixture

quote:

Ausar Amen8
Member # 20085

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ausar Amen8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you asked a question Lioness and I posted a study on the hair of the mummies, you chose to ignre it in favour of arguing, why dont you try to refute it?

http://stewartsynopsis.com/hair.htm

Posts: 49 | From: South Africa | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I'm going to add
e) she's part black African part Eurasian with straight hair

a) she was a black woman with straight hair

b) she wasn't a black woman

c) she was a black woman who used chemicals or combing techniques to straigten her afro when she was alive

d) she was a black woman with an afro but the chemicals used in the mummification process straightened her hair

e) she's part black African part Eurasian and the Eurasian part accounts for the straight hair

Her lips look large here and she has prognathic jaw so I rule out b) she wasn't a black woman (meaning not black at all)
Ancient Egyptians of all dynasties vary from big lipped to thin lipped. From prognathic to not at all prognathic.

I rule out a) she was a black woman with straight hair
when I say "black woman" here I mean pure African.
I have yet to see in a study that shows a pure African with straight hair.

I rule out d) she was a black woman with an afro but the chemicals used in the mummification process straightened her hair. I don't think she had a huge afro puffed out because you don't see that in paintings and you can't wear wigs over that too well

I think it was c) or e)

QUEEN TIYE:

c) she was a black woman who used chemicals or combing techniques to straigten her afro when she was alive

e) she's part black African part Eurasian and the Eurasian part accounts for the straight hair

I know now I'm a white supremacist for thinking this

Two questions here.

-Why couldn't Africans have develop this type of hair trait indigenously, in this particular region of Africa. Give me a good explanation.

-Does everybody on planet earth with straight wavy hair has influences from Eurasia aka Arab straight wavy hair?

I like to see anthropological evidence.

Posts: 22249 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Troll Patrol:

-Why couldn't Africans have develop this type of hair trait indigenously, in this particular region of Africa. Give me a good explanation.

It's possible but not proven yet.
Its seems less likely to me becasue that type of hair seems to be an adaptation to cold that goes beyond nightime tempertures in the desert. The San we notice do not even have hair that is halfway straight yet they live in the desert.
The idea that straight hair developed because of night time termperatures in the desert doesn't seem likely to me.

As per Queen Tiye as I said I think it is possible she had afro kinky hair but treated with chemicals.
However the thick waviness of the hair on the mummy does not quite resemble the hair of black women who use relaxer or combouts. Maybe mummification chemicals on top of that would do that.
 -

^^^this woman's facial structure reminds me of Queen Tiye.
We can see she has some form of straight hair. I suspect she's part African and her hair type is due to her also being part non-African

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Its seems less likely to me becasue that type of hair seems to be an adaptation to cold that goes beyond nightime tempertures in the desert. The San we notice do not even have hair that is halfway straight yet they live in the desert.
The idea that straight hair developed because of night time termperatures in the desert doesn't seem likely to me.

As per Queen Tiye as I said I think it is possible she had afro kinky hair but treated with chemicals.
However the thick waviness of the hair on the mummy does not quite resemble the hair of black women who use relaxer or combouts. Maybe mummification chemicals on top of that would do that.
 -

We can see she has some form of straight hair. I suspect she's part African and her hair type is due to her also being part non-African

First of all, the San live in another environment.

Second, the woman is African, from North Sudan! As I said her traits aren't exceptional in that region. Which was backup. And will be continued. All that other stuff you wrote about her is biased, suggestive, stupid and baseless babble!

-

As I mentioned before, you bigots will use two extremes and compare those to prove a point. But what about the intermediate types?lol

-

Third, the climate of the Sahara and Sahel is suited for traits like thin hair etc..the Sahel, Sahara has cold climates as well, especially compared to Winter and Summer temperatures. Between Night and Day temperatures there is MAJOR differences. This is particularly true for the region of North Sudan and South Egypt. Meaning the condition are perfectly suited for morphological facial change.

As I told you before, you haven't been to any of these places, so your opinion is null and void. And above all, laughable as it is stupid. I speak from personal experience, you go by images off the intern.lol

As not all deserts are alike. And all of the desert is alike. The San are people who live in a Steppe terrain, not the actual
dessert.

It's called a desert, but where they reside it's actually more so a Steppe region. It's a completely different terrain and region.

-

-

You may adress the second question I've propossed as well.

-Does everybody on planet earth with straight wavy hair has influences from Eurasia aka Arab straight wavy hair?

I like to see anthropological evidence.

Variation in ancient Egyptian stature and body proportions

Sonia R. Zakrzewski*

American Journal of Physical Anthropology
Volume 121, Issue 3, pages 219–229, July 2003

Stature and the pattern of body proportions were investigated in a series of six time-successive Egyptian populations in order to investigate the biological effects on human growth of the development and intensification of agriculture, and the formation of state-level social organization. Univariate analyses of variance were performed to assess differences between the sexes and among various time periods. Significant differences were found both in stature and in raw long bone length measurements between the early semipastoral population and the later intensive agricultural population. The size differences were greater in males than in females. This disparity is suggested to be due to greater male response to poor nutrition in the earlier populations, and with the increasing development of social hierarchy, males were being provisioned preferentially over females. Little change in body shape was found through time, suggesting that all body segments were varying in size in response to environmental and social conditions. The change found in body plan is suggested to be the result of the later groups having a more tropical (Nilotic) form than the preceding populations. Am J Phys Anthropol, 2003.

Population continuity or population change: Formation of the ancient Egyptian state

Sonia R. Zakrzewski*

American Journal of Physical Anthropology
Volume 132, Issue 4, pages 501–509, April 2007

The origins of the ancient Egyptian state and its formation have received much attention through analysis of mortuary contexts, skeletal material, and trade. Genetic diversity was analyzed by studying craniometric variation within a series of six time-successive Egyptian populations in order to investigate the evidence for migration over the period of the development of social hierarchy and the Egyptian state. Craniometric variation, based upon 16 measurements, was assessed through principal components analysis, discriminant function analysis, and Mahalanobis D2 matrix computation. Spatial and temporal relationships were assessed by Mantel and Partial Mantel tests. The results indicate overall population continuity over the Predynastic and early Dynastic, and high levels of genetic heterogeneity, thereby suggesting that state formation occurred as a mainly indigenous process. Nevertheless, significant differences were found in morphology between both geographically-pooled and cemetery-specific temporal groups, indicating that some migration occurred along the Egyptian Nile Valley over the periods studied. Am J Phys Anthropol, 2007.

-

-

-

Comparisons of linear body proportions of Old Kingdom and non-Old Kingdom period individuals, and workers and high officials in our sample found no statistically significant differences among them. Zakrzewski (2003) also found little evidence for differences in linear body proportions of Egyptians over a wider temporal range.

Posts: 22249 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goredema
Member # 15729

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goredema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lioness said: "I'm going to add
e) she's part black African part Eurasian with straight hair

d) she was a black woman with an afro but the chemicals used in the mummification process straightened her hair

e) she's part black African part Eurasian and the Eurasian part accounts for the straight hair"

Goredema says: It is odd that you divide "black woman" from "part black part eurasian". For an alleged African-American that is odd because as a population African-Americans are racially mixed. They have an African base but contributions from Native American and European. As a result most African-Americans don't distinguish between "mixed" and "unmixed".
I also notice you did not respond to the post of the article Hanging In The Hair at Stewart Synopsis. Why not when it specifically talks about why hair on Egyptian mummies looks Caucasian?

I speak to you without abusive language, or ill-feeling for that matter.

1)You are the only one here who has an actual picture of a living human, as opposed to an avatar. That in itself draws suspicion given that people here want their identities hidden. If you were not worried about showing your face you would not be worried about posting under your real name. Which raises the question of the real purpose of your picture if not to reveal your identity.

2)The fact that your Black picture is at odds with the majority of your positions on racially divisive issues furthers the suspicion that you are not as you present yourself.

3)Interesting that you should refer to the emotions of some of your detractors. Your posts strike me as being without emotion, except occassionally humour. Lack of emotion can indicate objectivity in SOME instances but it can also indicate a complete emotional disconnection from the subject under discussion and the people you are discussing it with. The latter rather reminds me of the way White and Black people interact in the workplace. One of the few places where they interact. That is what first flagged my interest.

4)Then there's what you ignore and what you pay attention to. You'll happily ignore a White supremacists insults but will draw attention to Black people who shout out insults to Whites. You also pick at a number of Black issues in a way which shows you've put some thought into it. It initially reminded me of the reactions of many White people when chairing racially divisive meetings. They come down on Black people who err but often ignore White people who do the same or worse. There's also the article on Egyptian hair you ignored and your similar behaviour during the discussion of the Zimbabwean land issue.

I suppose there are many Black people, myself included, who have said things that might make someone think they are White but the overwhelming balance of everything they say almost always makes it clear who they really are.

By the way that's a pretty picture you have, just a pity it's not you.

Posts: 176 | From: london | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goredema
Member # 15729

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goredema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please give us an actual link to the DNA results so we can assess for ourselves.
Posts: 176 | From: london | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL The lyinass worm is spinning around in utter despair as well as desperation
quote:
Originally posted by the lyinassb|tch:

there is something to back the claims, this:

quote:

in the coastal areas also show Eurasian admixture

Finish the rest of my sentence b|tch!
quote:
Djehuti wrote:

..All North Africans display significant African lineages, but those in the coastal areas also show Eurasian admixture **while those away from the coasts further in the desert show minimal to no Eurasian lineages.**

You obviously missed (on purpose) my point about how populations in remote areas of the Sahara far away from the foreign held coastal areas all have loose wavy hair, yet they show NO Eurasian genetic influence whatsoever! Of course peoples of the coastal areas of North Africa are mixed. The littoral areas of Africa were historical sites of foreign invasions and immigrations. The Arab conquest and before them, Roman, Greek, Phoenician, settlements. We even showed you threads about how Moors (who were black) began a slave trade in mostly women from Europe as well as settlement by European Vandals etc. But what the F*CK does any of this have to do with peoples in the hinterland areas of North Africa in the deep Sahara and even further south who have loose wavy hair??
quote:

Again, how about you show data proving loose hair in Africans is due to Eurasians?? You made the proposition so YOU prove it!
zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^lol.. Indeed.. We'll wait....
**crickets chirping***

-

Posts: 5935 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lyinassfool:

quote:

Its seems less likely to me because that type of hair seems to be an adaptation to cold that goes beyond nightime tempertures in the desert. The San we notice do not even have hair that is halfway straight yet they live in the desert.

Ignorant twit! It's not only possible but it HAS been proven to you multiple times already, most recently on these threads!:

Clues from ancient Nubian and Egyptian hair

Is Kmtian wavy and straight hair the only trait not shared with Ancient Nubians?

Can tropical Africans have straighter hair?

why Australian Aborigenes have straight hair

This is why I personally am at my wits end with your dumbass! Every time you get refuted about a certain topic, in this case hair texture, you rehash it again in later threads such as this! You have done the same with regards to tropical skeletal build. You are just a dumb troll whose M.O. is to repeat issues which have already been addressed.

Oh, and your reference to African peoples like the San is hilarious as it also exposes your ignorance to African peoples even though you once claimed to be African. I myself am not African but I know enough that the San people have the most extreme opposite of loose hair, that is their hair is the tightest coiled and is even tighter than the stereotypical 'kinky' hair of Africans. San live in a desert environment yes, but their environment is mainly subtropical and even 'Mediterranean' in climate. Indigenous Saharans on the other hand by and large live in the tropical zones yet they have loose wavy hair. Even most littoral North Africans who live in the coasts and have foreign mixed ancestry have hair that is curly. So your dumb ass can try and do the bio-anthropological math if you can. All I'll say is that the answers were given to you in the threads I cited above. [Embarrassed]

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the mini-sals-assin:

-

Of course you would picture Tiye in YOUR mind as a light-skinned woman of mixed ancestry. Yet reality is quite a different story from fantasy, or in the case of some people, even fantasy is quite a different story from the fantasy in their minds.

We have an actual colored portrait of her.

-

She looks more similar to this Beja woman especially in complexion.

-

The wooden bust seems to be a realistic portrayal of Tiye in her old age. Other portraits seem to follow the traditional idealized youthful look with fuller cheeks.

-

The shape of her face as well as other characteristics remind me of this Somali woman.

-

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:

The mother of Tiye, Thuya:
 - here we see that similar thinness in the dorsum of the nose.
At the same time a similar wide mouth opening and prognathism.

here is a girl from Oman
 -

Omani woman
 -

Yemeni woman
 -

Thuya looks nothing like the small Omani girl (complexion not withstanding). The other Omani women yeah, especially the elderly one though the noses are slightly wider.

Troll Patrol makes an even better comparison and with a woman actually from African soil.

-

Another modern African boy with the same features and an actual rural Egyptian.

-

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
 -  -

-  -

Mighty Mack
Member # 17601

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mighty Mack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol @ where this thread has headed.

if you all honestly think queen tiy and the ancient blacks who populated the nile were predominantly straight haired you all really need to take a dose of something and wake up to reality. frizzy / wooly is the predominant natural hair type used to described these peoples hair type in antiquity. its not a surprise that this hair type is even predominantly shown in the artifacts.

Posts: 535 | From: From the Darkest of the Abyss | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Nobody is saying that loose wavy hair was predominant in ancient Egypt, only that it existed as it still exists today among black locals in rural areas. The point is that such loose hair is NOT a foreign trait but is very much indigenous to Africa. You are probably right that frizzy or kinky hair was predominant in ancient Egypt not only due to the descriptions provided by foreigners like Israelites, Greeks, and Romans, but that this is the most common type of hair displayed by non-Arab ethnic Egyptians and even by some 'Arab' Egyptians of indigenous ancestry. Ausar has posted pictures of urban Cairene 'Arab' youth sporting natural afros. This is what makes the claims of the Lyinass even more senseless. If loose hair is non-African then why do many light-skinned peoples in the Egyptian Delta and other coastal areas of North Africa who have foreign ancestry have frizzy instead of loose hair?! Yet the dumb twit wants us to believe that rural North Africans further south in the Nile or in remote areas of the Sahara who are dark-skinned have their loose hair because of foreign ancestry!

By the way, loose African hair is different from the loose hair typical of Eurasians like Europeans and Western Asians in that the African variety is thicker and rougher in texture and not thin and stringy.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Vansertimavindicated:

You can tell that every last person that has responded to this thread is salsassin in his fake names. EVERY last person!...

I take it this includes yourself? LOL Are you Egmond Codpiece or one of his 'friends'? The point is while Salsassin may be an annoying troll, he is NOT some psychopath who makes up multiple user names to argue against each other! LOL If Salsassin is your enemy, the so be it, but you yourself seem to be suffering from psychotic paranoia.

By the way, how many times are you going to repeat yourself on the DNATribes findings when we already have a thread on the topic already? [Embarrassed]

Ethiop
Member # 20120

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ethiop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I often ask my self why do you guys put much effort to debate the lioness. Its a waist of time.
Posts: 48 | From: US | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goredema
Member # 15729

Rate Member
eTHIOP said: "I often ask my self why do you guys put much effort to debate the lioness. Its a waist of time".

Goredema says: I notice she did not comment on my observations about her behaviour and what it implies. I guess you're right, it is a waste of time. I get the feeling Lioness has a more chatty and foul-mouthed alter-ego. One who reacts whenever she feels insulted.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ If she does have such an alter ego, she probably manifests it in some other forum. LOL
typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for typeZeiss   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

quote:

quote:
I'm going to add...

quote:
Of course you are Mathilda disciple. We all have known this about you since your lyinass first began posting in this forum. [Smile]

Wavy hair is not exclusive to East Africa. You find people with "wavy" hair through out West Africa as well. You also have ones who have what I call straight coarse hair. Think Don King in this regard. My uncle had hair like that, it was straight, but it was coarse, so it didn't fall like a white man's would. It looked exactly like don kings.
Posts: 1296 | From: the planet | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
[qb]
quote:

-

, the woman is African, from North Sudan! As I said her traits aren't exceptional in that region. Which was backup. And will be continued. All that other stuff you wrote about her is biased, suggestive, stupid and baseless babble!

There are people with Eurasian admixture in Sudan. I would bet you $100 that the woman above has Eurasian admixture.

Some people theorize that straight hair evolved in desert climates because nightime termperatures are colder.
I have never seen an academic study that even theorizes that just people here.
My guess is that nightime temperatures are cold enough and sustained enough to cause afro kinky hair to evolve into straight hair.

I could be wrong but what I'm saying it is an open question and unknown. The evolution of straight hair in relation to climate has not been studied much.

The San are more suited to arid climates than other people. They have a layer of fat on their internal organs that protect them from night temperatures.
Also order to argue differences between the Sahara and the Kalahari you would have to argue that the Sahara is significantly colder at night, enough to make kinky hair evolve into straight.
If this is the case the San should be approaching straighter hair but not as straight as Sahara people. Yet their hair is not half way straight it's peppercorn.

Other people that travel on camels and wear robes are often not as adapted to the desert conditions. Their clothing and animal hide shelters allow them to get by at night. Many of these people may have migrated into these regions after the advent of head to toe clothing and blankets.

But if someone wants to argue that straight hair is an adaptation to night time temperatures of the Sahara this means that afro kinky hair is less suited to that climate.

This means than that anybody with an afro is less indigenous to the Sahara at least in certain regions of it.
If this is the case you should be able to point to some tribe of pure Africans of the Sahara who all have straight hair and name them.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
[qb]
quote:

-

, the woman is African, from North Sudan! As I said her traits aren't exceptional in that region. Which was backup. And will be continued. All that other stuff you wrote about her is biased, suggestive, stupid and baseless babble!

There are people with Eurasian admixture in Sudan. I would bet you $100 that the woman above has Eurasian admixture.

Some people theorize that straight hair evolved in desert climates because nightime termperatures are colder.
My guess is that nightime temperatures are cold enough and sustained enough to cause afro kinky hair to evolve into straight hair.

I could be wrong but what I'm saying it is an open question and unknown. The evolution of straight hair in relation to climate has not been studied much.

The San are more suited to arid climates than other people. They have a layer of fat on their internal organs that protect them from night temperatures.
Also order to argue differences between the Sahara and the Kalahari you would have to argue that the Sahara is significantly colder at night, enough to make kinky hair evolve into straight.
If this is the case the San should be approaching straighter hair but not as straight as Sahara people. Yet their hair is not half way straight it's peppercorn.

Other people that travel on camels and wear robes are often not as adapted to the desert conditions. Their clothing and animal hide shelters allow them to get by at night. Many of these people may have migrated into these regions after the advent of head to toe clothing and blankets.

But if someone wants to argue that straight hair is an adaptation to night time temperatures of the Sahara this means that afro kinky hair is less suited to that climate.

This means than that anybody with an afro is less indigenous to the Sahara at least in certain regions of it.
If this is the case you should be able to point to some tribe of pure Africans of the Sahara who all have straight hair and name them.

I am not going to repeat myself. I have explained myself from a view of personal experience.

I am done with you, and you are done. You are irrelevant and speak nonsense out of your ass, like above in your stupid guess!lol

Because I explained before that the San don't live in a desert but Steppe zone, although the Kalahari as referrered to as a desert. The desert has different climates in Night and Day temperatures Winters and Summers. And has different streams as well as historic climatic stages. The Kalahari, Sahara and Sahel aren't all the same. It's all way to much for you to understand. Bye, impostor African American woman!

-

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Ethiop:
I often ask my self why do you guys put much effort to debate the lioness. Its a waist of time.

You're right, it's awesome how some Europeans think they know everything better and always want to be right.

-

-

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by typeZeiss:
quote:

quote:

quote:
I'm going to add...

quote:

Wavy hair is not exclusive to East Africa. You find people with "wavy" hair through out West Africa as well. You also have ones who have what I call straight coarse hair. Think Don King in this regard. My uncle had hair like that, it was straight, but it was coarse, so it didn't fall like a white man's would. It looked exactly like don kings.
Truth be told.

-

-

-

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Sahel (Siptah):
lol @ where this thread has headed.

if you all honestly think queen tiy and the ancient blacks who populated the nile were predominantly straight haired you all really need to take a dose of something and wake up to reality. frizzy / wooly is the predominant natural hair type used to described these peoples hair type in antiquity. its not a surprise that this hair type is even predominantly shown in the artifacts.

I did not imply straight hair, I perfectly stated that. But it's obvious that L'ass isn't an African American woman, as it once implied. All this person writes is biased European nonsense, this is where this person is being exposed.

-

-

typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for typeZeiss   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
[qb]
quote:

-

the desert having an affect on hair theory is dumb as all dumb. You have Africans living in the Sahara right now who do not have wavy hair. That is the problem with the silly idea of evolution. You have two people in the same region with differences, then how does environment account for that. Its a silly theory created for non thinking people. its like saying the current day northern Egyptians "evolved" there like that foolish Keita tries to press. Well, you have northern Egyptians who are black as petrol with kinky hair. How does the environment then account for such diversity as going from Lilly white to black as all night in the SAME environment. But such is the case with European science, it is rationalization at its finest and the problem with rationalization is, the conclusions are limited by the "thinkers" knowledge, and "their" knowledge is limited beyond belief.
Posts: 1296 | From: the planet | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:

I never said wavy hair was exclusive to East Africa. In fact, I stated that wavy hair has it's highest prevalence in the Sahara which spans from the Red Sea to the Atlantic. That said, I never doubted West Africans to have such hair. This all goes back to the fallacy of dividing African peoples into North vs. 'Sub-Sahara' or East vs. West. It is all a silly game created by Euronuts. All Africans populations are related to one another and you can't divide them anymore than you can divide the peoples of Europe which of course in the minds of the Euronuts can never be divided.
typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

I never said wavy hair was exclusive to East Africa. In fact, I stated that wavy hair has it's highest prevalence in the Sahara which spans from the Red Sea to the Atlantic. That said, I never doubted West Africans to have such hair. This all goes back to the fallacy of dividing African peoples into North vs. 'Sub-Sahara' or East vs. West. It is all a silly game created by Euronuts. All Africans populations are related to one another and you can't divide them anymore than you can divide the peoples of Europe which of course in the minds of the Euronuts can never be divided.
What I posted wasn't so much a attack on you as it was me attempting to add on to what you said.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

quote:

-

the woman is African, from North Sudan! As I said her traits aren't exceptional in that region. Which was backup. And will be continued. All that other stuff you wrote about her is biased, suggestive, stupid and baseless babble!

There are people with Eurasian admixture in Sudan. I would bet you $100 that the woman above has Eurasian admixture...
And you're probably right that she is mixed. I base that not only on her hair but her light complexion which is rather uncommon for Sudanese even North 'Arab' Sudanese. So what?!

What does this have to do with wavy hair being indigenous or Queen Tiye who was an ANCIENT Nile Valley inhabitant??

I recall in another thread how you dismissed all these people below as being 'mixed' as well...

-

-

..even though their complexion and features are typical of Sudanese. Mind you in that same thread other people like the Teda of southwest Libya and the Kanuri of Chad also have wavy hair but are very dark and in the case of the Kanuri they even have "negroid" facial features.

Your lyinass excuses were debunked before and they STILL remain so, twit. [Embarrassed]

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

What I posted wasn't so much a attack on you as it was me attempting to add on to what you said.

I never took your response to be an attack. Sorry if I came off as defensive, but my resentment wasn't towards you but towards the lyinass and her ilk.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

- Mummy of Queen Tiye.

I had forgotten that typezeiss doesn't believe in evolutionary adaptation theory so I can't really discuss this with him.
>However you do believe in evolutionary adaptation to climate.
So I dare you answer these questions

1) You said "wavy hair has it's highest prevalence in the Sahara".

If the type of hair as shown in the above mummy of Queen Tiye has it's highest prevalence in the Sahara ,

-is the reason"wavy hair has it's highest prevalence in the Sahara" because the earliest Africans had afro kinky hair and this hair graduakky developed into wavy hair due to nighttime temperatures being colder than in more Southerly regions of Africa?

2) If wavy hair is an adaptation to the cold this means that people who live in these areas who have afro kinky hair are less adpated to those regions in which have people have wavy hair and their ancestors are more recent to those areas, correct?

3) what tribes in Africa today best represent wavy haired Africans
of the type shown in the mummy of Queen Tiye above?

will you be able to take on these questions or will you disrtact people by attacking me in order to sidestep the questions?

lioness

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Troll can post pictures for days but provide no explanation

Someone please help him out.
note "straight" includes the sub type wavy-straight as per the mummy

Neanderwoman - the near black Queen Tiye had the hair length of most women of her like black African people. The Bilen women of the Agau Cushites still wear her earrings and look similar to her. let these Africans who are not your ancestors rest in peace.

We African descendants know what chemicals do to the hair after it is mummified. So NO, neither you nor your idol putting out Euronut fantasy on her pseudoanthropology photoshopped blog know what Tiye's hair looked like, better than do the scientists.

If Egyptians didn't have tropical limb proportions similar to African Americans maybe someone could picture a Europoid Tiye whose face happens to be painted the color of an Agau Ethiopoian. Besides that, her direct descendent Tut died of sickle cell and the dna tribes study shows a clear link to sub-Saharans of her family.

What living Woodabe-Fulani woman's hair wouldn't come out looking like that after its been chemically treated. Even closer than that is the Nilo-Saharan Dazaga Goraan women who also have the same faces as Tiye's.

Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by dana marniche:
The Bilen women of the Agau Cushites still wear her earrings and look similar to her.

-

show me a Bilen woman that has hair like this

zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) [Djehuti] said "wavy hair has it's highest prevalence in the Sahara".

If the type of hair as shown in the above mummy of Queen Tiye has it's highest prevalence in the Sahara ,

-is the reason"wavy hair has it's highest prevalence in the Sahara" because the earliest Africans had afro kinky hair and this hair graduakky developed into wavy hair due to nighttime temperatures being colder than in more Southerly regions of Africa?

2) If wavy hair is an adaptation to the cold this means that people who live in these areas who have afro kinky hair are less adpated to those regions in which have people have wavy hair and their ancestors are more recent to those areas, correct?

[/b]

Hair type 1s not heavily dependent on environment.
Hot or cold environments may play some part, but the
part played may be trivial, without any significant effect at all.
Loose-haired Africans appear in hot tropical zones
and kinky-haired Africans show up in cold, high altitude zones.
The scientific literature is inconclusive on the point.
WHat is more relevant is the built-in genetic diversity
of Africa which can produce a range of hair types.
That is why people with blond-reddish hair can show
up in the Sahara without the need for any "race mix".

-

--------------------
Note: I am not an "Egyptologist" as claimed by some still bitter, defeated, trolls creating fake profiles and posts elsewhere. Hapless losers, you still fail. My output of hard data debunking racist nonsense has actually INCREASED since you began..

Posts: 5935 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Neanderwoman - the near black Queen Tiye had the hair length of most women of her like black African people. The Bilen women of the Agau Cushites still wear her earrings and look similar to her. let these Africans who are not your ancestors rest in peace.

We African descendants know what chemicals do to the hair after it is mummified. So NO, neither you nor your idol putting out Euronut fantasy on her pseudoanthropology photoshopped blog know what Tiye's hair looked like, better than do the scientists.

If Egyptians didn't have tropical limb proportions similar to African Americans maybe someone could picture a Europoid Tiye whose face happens to be painted the color of an Agau Ethiopoian. Besides that, her direct descendent Tut died of sickle cell and the dna tribes study shows a clear link to sub-Saharans of her family.

What living Woodabe-Fulani woman's hair wouldn't come out looking like that after its been chemically treated. Even closer than that is the Nilo-Saharan Dazaga Goraan women who also have the same faces as Tiye's.

Truth be told, the image of that liar shows light overexposure. Besides sickle cell and tropical adaption, the mummy too shows a alveolar prognathic African woman with overbite. Just like Tut and the rest of his family.

Below, you can see what it actually looks like. In proper light. And the the link gives a blown up version for closer inspection.

-

http://news.discovery.com/archaeology/2011/03/22/mummy-zoom.jpg

Tests show King Tut died from malaria, study says

-

-

-

(Reuters) - King Tutankhamen, the teen-aged pharaoh whose Egyptian tomb yielded dazzling treasures, limped around on tender bones and a club foot and probably died from malaria, researchers said on Tuesday.

There has been speculation about the fate of the boy king, who died sometime around 1324 BC probably at age 19, since the 1922 discovery of his intact tomb in Egypt's Valley of Kings.

Tests performed on 16 royal mummies found four, including Tut, had contracted a severe form of malaria that likely cut short Tut's reign -- ruling out murder or some other sickness.

FREE GUIDES AND REPORTS FROM DIANOMI

ADVERTISEMENT

Scientists from Egypt, Germany and elsewhere, including Zahi Hawass of Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities, compiled results from genetic and radiological testing performed on the mummies between 2007 and 2009. The results clarify details about the 155-year-long 18th Dynasty that included Tutankhamen, who inherited the throne at age 11.

The scientists speculated Tut was weakened by a broken leg possibly from a fall. That and a malaria infection led to his death, they believe.

Tut was afflicted with a cleft palate, mild clubfoot in his left foot and other bone ailments. He and some family members had a form of Kohler disease, which can cause foot bones to collapse from lack of blood but would not have been fatal.

"Tutankhamen had multiple disorders, and some of them might have reached the cumulative character of an inflammatory, immune-suppressive -- and thus weakening -- syndrome. He might be envisioned as a young but frail king who needed canes to walk," Hawass wrote in the Journal of the American Medical Association.

Besides the priceless gold artifacts found in Tut's tomb, he was also equipped for the afterlife with some 130 canes and staves -- some with signs of wear -- and a veritable pharmacy.

The scientists were also fairly certain they identified the mummies belonging to Tut's father, Akhenaten, and his grandmother, Tiye, based on shared blood groups.

They shot down speculation that Tut and his forebears had severe abnormalities, ruling out Marfan syndrome and another condition that could have led to enlarged breasts.

"It is unlikely that either Tutankhamen or Akhenaten actually displayed a significantly bizarre or feminine physique. It is important to note that ancient Egyptian kings typically had themselves and their families represented in an idealized fashion," Hawass wrote.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2010/02/17/uk-tut-idUKTRE61G02220100217

-

http://www.globalpost.com/photo/5678336/taxi-driver-mummified

-

http://www.nationalgeographicstock.com/ngsimages/explore/explorecomp.jsf?xsys=SE&id=1344436

-

Akenaton and his mother, Queen Tiy.

http://users.stlcc.edu/mfuller/akenatonkarnak.html

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by zarahan- aka Enrique Cardova:
1) [Djehuti] said "wavy hair has it's highest prevalence in the Sahara".

[/b]

Hair type 1s not heavily dependent on environment.
Hot or cold environments may play some part, but the
part played may be trivial, without any significant effect at all.
Loose-haired Africans appear in hot tropical zones
and kinky-haired Africans show up in cold, high altitude zones.
The scientific literature is inconclusive on the point.
WHat is more relevant is the built-in genetic diversity
of Africa which can produce a range of hair types.
That is why people with blond-reddish hair can show
up in the Sahara without the need for any "race mix".

-

Besides that,

-

Analysis of Hair Samples of Mummies from Semna South, American Journal of Physical Anthropology, (1978) 49: 277-262

As Brothwell and Spearman (‘63) point out, reddish-brown ancient hair is usually the result of partial oxidation of the melanin pigment. This color was seen in a large proportion of the Semna sample, and also noted by Titlbachova and Titlbach (‘77) on Egyptian material, where it also may have resulted from the mummification process. However, the large number of blond hairs that are not associated with the cuticular damage that bleaching produces, probably points to a significantly lighter-haired population than is now present in the Nubian region. Brothwell and Spearman (’63) noted genuinely blond ancient Egyptian samples using reflectance spectrophotometry. Blondism, especially in young children, is common in many darkhaired populations (e.g., Australian, Melanesian), and is still found in some Nubian villages (J. Zabkar, personal communication).

Only one sample (M197) showed cuticular damage and irregularities definitely consistent with bleaching, although bleaching could not be ruled out in some of the blond samples.

pdf file

-

Archeological discovery: The Book of the Dead

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
[qb]
quote:

-

the desert having an affect on hair theory is dumb as all dumb. You have Africans living in the Sahara right now who do not have wavy hair. That is the problem with the silly idea of evolution. You have two people in the same region with differences, then how does environment account for that. Its a silly theory created for non thinking people. its like saying the current day northern Egyptians "evolved" there like that foolish Keita tries to press. Well, you have northern Egyptians who are black as petrol with kinky hair. How does the environment then account for such diversity as going from Lilly white to black as all night in the SAME environment. But such is the case with European science, it is rationalization at its finest and the problem with rationalization is, the conclusions are limited by the "thinkers" knowledge, and "their" knowledge is limited beyond belief.
The reason for this is, people migrated and mixed over time. Thus showing this diversity.

I don't think anyone has claimed that opposites in phenotype have evolved in the exact same region. The key to all of this is, they haven't lived in the exact same region for thousands of years. But rather separate.

We could change the theory into, why doesn't all and everybody have peppercorn San type of hair texture?

You also have mutations based individually. Effecting certain individuals solely within the same environment. This is ussually caused be proteins, changing alleles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wpRzeMgdXk

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This lyinass idiot is claiming that Africans originally had kinky hair but when they moved into the Sahara, due to its cold nighttime temperatures, their hair became "cold adapted" and thus wavy! LMAO [Big Grin] Never mind that daytime temperatures soar well over a hundred, OR that the Sahara did not always exist as there are geologic periods of fertile land in north Africa due to rain, OR that there are deserts in southern Africa as well.

Can everyone else but the lyinass see the holes in her theory? [Embarrassed]

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
This lyinass idiot is claiming that Africans originally had kinky hair but when they moved into the Sahara, due to its cold nighttime temperatures, their hair became "cold adapted" and thus wavy! LMAO [Big Grin] Never mind that daytime temperatures soar well over a hundred, OR that the Sahara did not always exist as there are geologic periods of fertile land in north Africa due to rain, OR that there are deserts in southern Africa as well.

Can everyone else but the lyinass see the holes in her theory? [Embarrassed]

The thing about nighttime tempertaures in the Sahara was originally brought up by Truthcentric in an earlier thread and Djehuti knows it. Now that I bring it up he laughs it off.
The theory that straight hair evolved due to nighttime tempertures in the Sahara was an attempt to have a theory that kinky hair evolved into "wavy" hair within Africa.
But now Djehuti thinks this is silly because daytime temperatures in the Sahara are hot.
Therefore if straight hair is an adaptation to cold it occured out of Africa in Eurasia somewhere and then people who had this adpatation back migrated into Africa or in other locations other Southern regions.

But people in this thread don't like that concept.
They think a shorter limb ratio is an adaptation to climate but difference in hair is completely random and has no relation to climate.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

I am sorry, I posted a somewhat older article. In my previous post.

This is the correct one.

King Tut died from sickle-cell disease, not malaria

King Tutankhamun died from sickle-cell disease, not malaria, say experts. A team from Hamburg's Bernhard Noct Institute for Tropical Medicine (BNI) claim the disease is a far likelier cause of death than the combination of bone disorders and malaria put forward by Egyptian experts earlier this year.

The BNI team argues that theories offered by Egyptian experts, led by antiquities tsar Zahi Hawass, are based on data that can be interpreted otherwise. They say further analysis of the data will confirm or deny their work. Hawass' claim, published in the Journal of the American Medical Association this February, and followed by a swarm of accompanying television shows, claimed King Tut suffered from Kohler's disease, a bone disorder prohibiting blood flow, before succumbing to malaria.

Multiple bone disorders, including one in Tutankhamun's left foot, led to the Kohler's diagnosis, while segments of a malarial parasite were found via DNA testing. Yet the BNI team claims the latter results are incorrect. “Malaria in combination with Köhler's disease causing Tutankhamun's early death seems unlikely to us,” say Prof Christian Meyer and Dr Christian Timmann.

Instead the BNI team feels sickle-cell disease (SCD), a genetic blood disorder, is a more likely reason for the Pharaoh's death aged just 19. The disease occurs in 9 to 22 per cent of people living in the Egyptian oases, and gives a better chance of surviving malaria; the infestation halted by sickled cells.

They say the disease occurs frequently in malarial regions like the River Nile, and that it would account for the bone defects found on his body.

“The genetic predisposition for (SCD) can be found in regions where malaria frequently occurs, including ancient and modern Egypt.” says Meyer. “The disease can only manifest itself when a sickle cell trait is inherited from both parents: it is a so-called 'recessive inheritance'.” A family tree for the Pharaoh suggested by Hawass himself appears to back the BNI team's case.

The relatively old age of Tutankhamun's parents and relatives – up to 50 years – means they could very well have carried sickle-cell traits, and could therefore have been highly resistant to malaria. The high likelihood that King Tut's parents were siblings means he could have inherited the sickle cell trait from both and suffered from SCD.

“Sickle-cell disease is an important differential diagnosis: one that existing DNA material can probably confirm or rule out,” conclude Timmann and Meyer. They suggest that further testing of ancient Egyptian royal mummies should bear their conclusions in mind.

King Tut's young demise has long been a source of speculation. As well as malaria, recent decades have seen scholars argue that he was murdered, and that he died from infection caused by a broken leg.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/history/king-tut-died-from-sicklecell-disease-not-malaria-2010531.html

-

-  -

-

Fragment of a relief representing queen Tiye

From Western Thebes, from the mortuary temple of Amenhotep III.
New Kingdom, 18th dynasty, 1375 BC. Quartz.
Neues Museum, Berlin AM23270

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Face from a Composite Statue, probably Queen Tiye

-

-

-

Description

This quartzite head once belonged to a composite statue made of several different materials. Based on the color of the stone (red being the conventional color for men), the owner was originally identified as Akhenaten. However, the subject seems to have worn the standard tripartite wig, which frames the face with two thick hanks of hair while a third section hangs down the back. This wig and the very close similarity of the face to known images of Akhenaten's mother, Queen Tiye, make it virtually certain that she is represented here.
The sensitive modeling of the face is typical of the workshop of the sculptor Thutmose at site of Amarna. The existence of gypsum plaster casts excavated in Thutmose's studio suggests that this may have been part of a group statue depicting Akhenaten with his parents, Tiye, and Amenhotep III.

http://www.metmuseum.org/Collections/search-the-collections/100001016

Mighty Mack
Member # 17601

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mighty Mack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

i wonder if her mummy is wearing hair extensions. anyone notice the reddish brown stain on her forhead being the same color as her hair?

Posts: 535 | From: From the Darkest of the Abyss | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com