EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Of course there were 'Horner' pharaohs (Page 10)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: Of course there were 'Horner' pharaohs
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Swenet:
^You've mentioned this explanation before, so why
are you still at square one and not testing your
hypothesis by reading the literature and coming up
with more than just possible scenarios? I've already
done my homework. How do you explain the burial
practice similarity of al Khiday with Wadi Kubbaniya
and one OOA specimen? This indicates long term
continuity as WK predates the Wet Sahara by 10kya.
Then there is the fact that no one knows how old
this al Khiday population is, just that they predate
9k. The skeletal remains seem fossilized which
adds credence to their antiquity beyond the Wet
Sahara.

As a last point, the Kenyan skeletals you mention
may very well not be distinct from Saharan populations,
given the tradition of dental ablation among them.

Fair enough, there probably is common ancestry between Wadi Kubbaniya and al-Khiday as you say. Still, I wonder how widespread across East Africa your "East Saharan" phenotype would have been in prehistory. If there is indeed a link between Wadi Kubbaniya, al-Khiday, and the Kenyan remains with dental ablation, maybe it wouldn't matter just where in the eastern half of Africa the progenitors of Egypto-Nubians came from anyway.

But yeah, the people who populated the eastern Sahara during the Holocene Wet Phase were distinct from West Africans and Bantu. No arguing with you there, even if Zaharan won't admit it.

Posts: 7082 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun-Ra The Ultimate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^Empty words when no evidences are presented.

-
From Cranial Discrete Traits in a Byzantine Population and Eastern Mediterranean Population Movements by F. X. RICAUT and M. WAELKENS (2008)

This affinity pattern between ancient Egyptians and sub-Saharans has also been noticed by several other investigators (Angel 1972;Berry and Berry 1967, 1972; Keita 1995) and has been recently reinforced by the study of Brace et al. (2005), which clearly shows that the cranial morphology of prehistoric and recent northeast African populations is linked to sub-Saharan populations (Niger- Congo populations).

This affinity between Ancient and modern Northeastern African populations and Niger-Congo speakers (which form the majority of African people) can also be seen genetically and linguistically. As modern East and West African populations including Ancient Egyptians have a common origin in Eastern Africa (after the Out of Africa migrations) .

Posts: 2981 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun-Ra The Ultimate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Using the principle of the phylogeographic parsimony, the resolution of the E1b1b trifurcation in favor of a common ancestor of E-M2 and E-M329 strongly supports the hypothesis that haplogroup E1b1 originated in eastern Africa , as previously suggested [10], and that chromosomes E-M2, so frequently observed in sub-Saharan Africa, trace their descent to a common ancestor present in eastern Africa .
-- from A New Topology of the Human Y Chromosome Haplogroup E1b1 (E-P2) Revealed through the Use of Newly Characterized Binary Polymorphisms (Trombetta 2011)
Posts: 2981 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by zarahan- aka Enrique Cardova:
quote:
Originally posted by Amun-Ra The Ultimate:
quote:
[QUOTE]

5) And no, I don't care about whether or not anything
I say rubs Amun (or anyone else for that matter)
the wrong way. The fact that both you and Zaharan
call for data to be posted that is palatable to
him (or is this just code for that you don't like
the data yourselves?) and his fellow loons shows
where your priority lies, and it's not with the
empirical data.

A bit funny coming from someone who's ignoring other more recent studies cranial and post-cranial (even from the same author) and ignoring ancient DNA taken from actual Ancient Egyptian mummies and not any random mummies but Ancient Egyptian remains from the 2 different Royal families.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=009022;p=8#000351

Other threads of interests:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=008815
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=008903
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=009018

Amun Ra would you say that the use of obsolete Strouhal
and flawed Brace is indicative of the charges you made earlier-
that there seems to be an effort to downplay the
links between other Africans and Egyptians? Even Charlie
Bass raises this issue, and the curious use of these examples.
Could they be a symptom of what you were saying all
along?

Of course. I'm just surprised you didn't see it before (if indeed you didn't).

For me, it became almost evident just looking at the way they tried to twist the JAMA, BMJ and DNA Tribes results to fit their own racist agenda.

It showed to me they were very prejudicial in their assessment of scientific results.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going to bite...for the thrist for knowledge.

What images? Anything worthwhile.

quote:
Originally posted by :
quote:
And I am told the supposedly so much "mo betta" FB page is rather sluggish,
with the same few people talking to one another, using
leached material originally posted on Dinekenes
and elsewhere, as some on ES have noted in various theads.
Fine. If it's so bad, shouldn't they be off "pioneering"
these supposedly vast new vistas of information?
What happened? If they have better places to be,
why are they still here?

This for the most part is nonsense.
As it stands the group has 112 images. Many posted from Purchased books and 224 Uploaded documents.
There is no official post count. If there was any kind of consistency in files that are actually UPLOADED instead of simply posted the file count, I would guess.......would be perhaps 600. Compare that to the posts here or ESR. Matter of fact compare that to posts on any board.

I stopped back here cause some jackass dumbo keeps calling my name.

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness is a guy IRL
cassiterides banned yet again
Member # 18409

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness is a guy IRL         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The supposed Neolithic Kenyan skulls with 'narrow' features (e.g. Elmenteita A) from Bromhead's site, have been re-dated. They are only 2k years old.

The 7000 BP date is from Leakey (1935) and Protsch (1978). Rightmire (1984) shows it is erroneous:

-

-

Bromshead is only 2500 - 2000 BP.

Gamble's Cave is reliably dated to 8000 BP based on a post-cranial fragment. However the 5 skulls from Gamble's Cave are not the 'narrow' featured Elmenteita skulls commonly cited.

The Bromhead's site is only 4 miles from Gamble's Cave, which is why they are often confused.

The two skulls (IV, V) from Gambles' Cave are damaged; in fact they're mostly speculative plaster reconstructions, and accurate measurements cannot be taken:

quote:
With respect to the two skulls from Gamble's Cave, the qualification must be made that they are very fragmented and heavily recon-structed in plaster so that the measurements are not very reliable
- Bräuer, G. (1980). "Human skeletal remains from Mumba rock shelter, northern Tanzania". American Journal of Physical Anthropology, 52(1), 71-84.

quote:
The skeletons were said by L. B. S. Leakey (1935) and others to show a number of non-Negroid characteristics. However the evidence has never been very solid. Of five burials exhumed at Gamble's Cave, only two have crania that are even partially complete, and neither of these have been reconstructed entirely satisfactorily. Skull number 4 has been warped, and much of the base and part of the face are present in plaster only.
- Rightmire, 1984

Look here:

-

This is Skull V without the plaster. How on earth did they decide this had a narrow nasal aperture?

LOL.

Skull IV is even more damaged than V.

Once you take these out the equation, and since Bromhead has been re-dated to 2000 BP - there are no prehistoric 'narrow' featured skulls in Kenya.

Posts: 2408 | From: My mother's basement | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look who has returned, it's our old friend cassertides (I knew you've hung around this website for a while because you have 2387 posts here)!

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7082 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness is a guy IRL
Member # 18409

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for the lioness is a guy IRL         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Truthcentric:
Look who has returned, it's our old friend cassertides (I knew you've hung around this website for a while because you have 2387 posts here)!

I just recovered it from the Admin. Looks like someone else had access to it. The last time I posted on it was like 3 years back.

What are the debates on this forum nowdays?

Posts: 2408 | From: My mother's basement | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cass:
I just recovered it from the Admin

Which admin would this be, exactly?

@Truthcentric
I'd rather you hit the books and test your hypothesis
(assuming you still think your scenario is worthwile).
That's what science is about--testing hypotheses and working
the results into a working model. Not like this Zaharan
fraud who posts selectively, doctors the scientific data and
blames all evidence that wreck his theory on supposedly
faulty sampling strategies and "narrow statistics". SMH.

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness is a guy IRL
Member # 18409

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness is a guy IRL         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Admin is the "sam" dude by email.

I no longer really do this 'race' stuff and don't plan to post here after now, but if you guys have Amazon accounts... Just buy Climatic Races and Descent Groups by Grover Krantz (1980).

He discusses a "Saharan climatic race":

"Saharan: Skin color was dark with a medium fringe on the northern edge. Dark eyes and hair were universal. Cranial hair was wavy or curly with tight spiraling only in the extreme south. Body and facial hair were probably scant."

He goes on to describe their noses as being narrow or narrowish: "There is no distinction here between the Caucasoid and Saharan climatic races" and also discusses their elongated limbs, which in post-crania puts them closer to "Negroid". He describes Saharan's as being an intermediate eco-cline between "Caucasoids" and "Negroids", but as the result of in situ climatic adaptation to the dry-heat of the Sahara, rather than some outdated admixture Hamitic model.

Krantz' "Saharan climatic race" is basically the northern reddish/lighter brown skinned variant of Hierneux' "Elongated African" that Keita referenced in his debate with Snowden. The ancient egyptians were predominantly this reddish northern "Elongated African" or "Saharan".

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^I agree with everything that you said, except for
the nasal index thing. When Egyptians were in the
Sahara as mobile pastoralists they--as averages
samples--didn't have narrow nasal indices. At least
not in the samples I've come across. Other than
that, there is nothing to disagree with in your
assessment, as it's all based on evidence that
has been reproduced over and over again. But then
again, maybe there is something to disagree with
if you belong to Egyptsearch' lying and denialist
tradition. Simply deny and omit what you don't
like. And when you're making photoshopped cartoons,
that's when the fun really starts for certain
individuals. That's when they get to cut, cover
up, nitpick scientific data and randomly insert
half naked women, while they're at it.

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Not really pertinent to the prehistoric distribution of East Saharan types throughout Africa, but I did find a study showing that the very earliest West Eurasian people (Skhul and Qafzeh, from ~100 kya) had a dental plan closer to the modern sub-Saharan norm:

Dental Morphological Affinities Among Late Pleistocene and Recent Humans

-

So maybe the East Saharan dental plan actually post-dates OOA? That or the Skhul/Qafzeh humans really did represent a dead end...

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
So maybe the East Saharan dental plan actually
post-dates OOA?

But the EUP sample doesn't cluster with the Qafzeh/
Skhul sample. If you're using Qafzeh/Skhul as a
theoretical proxy for OOA populations, how would
you explain that? And what do you make of the fact
that the Europeans apparently had their dental
pattern since OOA?

BrandonP
Member # 3735

quote:
pattern since OOA?

You're right, the EUP does lean more towards the recent Europeans and North Africans than to Qafzeh/Skhul. So maybe Qafzeh/Skhul do represent a dead end instead of OOA.
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
^I think the dental pattern of EUP is also informative
in terms of the dental pattern of the OOA populations
before they left Africa and the populations who
remained in North Africa (hint hint).

I've been thinking about this stuff and it's implications
for years. It's amazing what you can come up with
when you move away from ES' philosophy of ignoring,
distorting and lying about evidence that disagrees
with your pre-conceived notions.

BrandonP
Member # 3735

quote:
^I think the dental pattern of EUP is also informative
in terms of the dental pattern of the OOA populations
before they left Africa (hint hint).

We both agree that this dental pattern is ultimately of African origin even if it is distinct from the sub-Saharan norm. But then just who were these Skhul/Qafzeh people with more sub-Saharan-like dental patterns? Do they have any connection with later West Eurasians at all?
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
This book says no.
BrandonP
Member # 3735

quote:
This book says no.

All right, then the East Saharan/OOA dental plan post-dates these inhabitants of the Levant from 100 kya. That might lend support to younger dates for the conclusive Out-of-Africa migrations.
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
post-dates OOA?

pattern since OOA?

Explain this to me, if broad trend morphology was not present in early Northeast African please explain how the Natufians acquired this morphology and their origin is said to be in Northeast Africa. I'm not trying to argue that AEs came from populations like like those used by Brace, that's why I keep saying Brace uses a strawman argument, no one ever made that claim.
Posts: 2595 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

quote:
Originally posted by .Charlie Bass.:
quote:
quote:
post-dates OOA?

pattern since OOA?

Explain this to me, if broad trend morphology was not present in early Northeast African please explain how the Natufians acquired this morphology and their origin is said to be in Northeast Africa. I'm not trying to argue that AEs came from populations like like those used by Brace, that's why I keep saying Brace uses a strawman argument, no one ever made that claim.
Just how are you defining "broad trend morphology" if it isn't synonymous with the stereotyped West African norm?
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
^Exactly. Charlie Bass caught up in his own web again.
BTW, I've never said that the broad trend wasn't
present in Northeast Africa.

@Truthcentric

Correction of what I said earlier. Upon closer
inspection, the Qafzeh/Skhul dentally isn't very
different from the EUP sample. It has dual ties
with both SSA and EUP. Look for yourself. Very
interesting, these dual ties.

Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

@Truthcentric

inspection, the Qafzeh/Skhul dentally isn't
significantly different from the EUP sample. It
has dual ties with both SSA and EUP. Look for
yourself. Very interesting, these dual ties.

Um NOOOOOOOOOO. I specifically said BROAD trend, NOT SSA nor West African morphology. smh
Posts: 2595 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

quote:
quote:

@Truthcentric

Um NOOOOOOOOOO. I specifically said BROAD trend, NOT SSA nor West African morphology. smh
But isn't "Broad" trend more or less the same as the stereotypical West African pattern? How can you say certain Africans have Broad facial features without resembling West Africans?
the lioness is a guy IRL
Member # 18409

Rate Member
Well i'm only describing the very few skeletal traits that show temperature/humidity signatures.
Most cranial morphology instead is a product of neutral processes. However you can actually use the link between temperature and cephalic index (breadth x 100, divided by length) to discredit any mass influx of Eurasians into ancient Egypt.

The correlation between climate and CI is lower than nasal index, but still quite high (r = 0. 59). Beals (1972) found that ethnic groups from northern latitudes have a mean cephalic index about 5 units higher than those living within or near the tropics. This is pretty significant.

I took the measurements from Dart, R. A. (1939). "Population Fluctuation over 7,000 years in Egypt". Roy. Soc. S. Afr. 27. pp. 95-145. I never had the study, but found bits of it quoted online.

Dart compiled the CI's of 2,861 Egyptian skulls; he even broke down their % of dolichocephaly, mesocephaly, or brachycephaly, by Dynasty/Era.

There is no influx of brachycephaly (it is as low as 1 - 3 percent) until Dynasty IX, and the mesocephaly is always low or fairly low, until the late historical periods (Romans, Greeks etc).

So the pre-dynastic/dynastic Egyptians were predominantly long-headed. Of course the CI has been described as being highly plastic, however with an invasion or large movement of Eurasians into Egypt you would expect to still find a higher percentage of rounder skulls during a dynasty or period, but they are absent.

Anyway that's the last thing i really looked at, I more or less retired from 'race'/physical anthro having renounced all the junk i believed in before.

BrandonP
Member # 3735

quote:

I didn't notice that from the dendrogram, but I do see what you're talking about in Table 3. There, Qafzeh/Skhul diverge from SSA with a value of 0.020 , but the equivalent value for EUP is 0.019. Must represent an offshoot of an intermediate/transitional trend.

@ cass

I admit I was suspicious when I saw you returned to this forum, but it looks like you've matured a lot since the last time we saw you around. That's actually some interesting data you've just shared with us. I apologize for my earlier mistrust towards you.

Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

@Truthcentric

But isn't "Broad" trend more or less the same as the stereotypical West African pattern? How can you say certain Africans have Broad facial features without resembling West Africans?
The only one associating broaf trend morphology with stereotypical West Africans is you and Swenet, I am noting that said morphology isn't limited to just stereotypical West Africans, thats why I am not making that link, YOU and Swenet are. If you want my take I think AEs were just like populations you see in modern day Sudan with a mix of broad trend and elongated types and everything in between and that the Lower Egyptian type was more similar in appearance to people like Siwa and Tuaregs.
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie Bass:
The only one associating broaf trend morphology with stereotypical West Africans is you and Swenet

Not at all. The very reason why you brought that up
is BECAUSE you tacitly wanted to make that deterministic
link between West Africa and the broad trend in
northeast Africa. Again, anyone even remotely
familiar with my posts knows that I've NEVER
denied the presence of the broad trend in North
Africa. Why even bring up the broad trend of the
Natufians, and ask me to clarify something if
your tacit suggestion wasn't ultimately to make
link between West Africans and Natufians? There
is no inconsistency on my part in simultaneously
accepting the broad trend in North Africa and my
other claims you have issues with, so why ask me
to clarify if you didn't think it was a cute
segue into attributing the broad trend to something
beyond the Nile Valley and adjacent areas?

BrandonP
Member # 3735

quote:
If you want my take I think AEs were just like populations you see in modern day Sudan with a mix of broad trend and elongated types and everything in between and that the Lower Egyptian type was more similar in appearance to people like Siwa and Tuaregs.

For my part, I wager that the average ancient Egyptian would have resembled modern North Sudanese more than anyone else living today. North Sudan technically is in the Eastern Sahara after all. It wouldn't be a perfect match due to Arab and other migrations into the region in the last 3,000 years, but then a perfect modern-day match for any ancient population is going to be difficult to come by.

Does anyone know if there is physical continuity between modern North Sudanese and earlier Nubians (whom we all know overlapped with Egyptians in phenotype to the point of barely being distinguishable)? I think Irish has mentioned continuity between Neolithic to Christian-era Nubians in one of his studies from 2005 (here).

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A post I've made a couple of days ago, when Akachi
made the claim that the broad trend or a phenotype
that plots in that direction is specific to Niger-
Congo speaking populations. I've NEVER denied that
the broad trend (i.e. populations with broad faces
and noses) was in the Nile Valley.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Akachi:
Tell me what other population on Earth has this "Sub Saharan" "Niger-Congo" aka "Negroid" skull shape?

What other population? How about EVERY SSA
population that has existed in the last 200k years.
Your dumbass is taking a general non-specific
cranio-facial appearance and appropriating/restricting
it to a language speaking meta-population which
is only ~12kya. You also do this with Mesolithic
Nubians and the fact that they have the SSA dental
pattern. This dental pattern is vastly older than
200.000 years and has, in terms of origin, nothing
whatsoever to do with West Africans.

^It is THIS claim that necessarily equates "negroid"
morphologocal elements with Niger-Congo speakers
that caused me to post Brace and Strouhal. But
Bass keeps on lying that I had no reason to post
Brace and Strouhal, and posted it because of some
ulterior agenda. Again, why do you even barge in
and start lecturing people when you have no idea
what you're talking about Charlie? And even IF I
posted Brace in absence of Akachi's claims what
is your beef with it? What Brace observed about
the probability of finding the Naqada configuration
in his SSA sample infuriates you, doesn't it?

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cass:
Well i'm only describing the very few skeletal traits that show temperature/humidity signatures.
Most cranial morphology instead is a product of neutral processes. However you can actually use the link between temperature and cephalic index (breadth x 100, divided by length) to discredit any mass influx of Eurasians into ancient Egypt.

The correlation between climate and CI is lower than nasal index, but still quite high (r = 0. 59). Beals (1972) found that ethnic groups from northern latitudes have a mean cephalic index about 5 units higher than those living within or near the tropics. This is pretty significant.

I took the measurements from Dart, R. A. (1939). "Population Fluctuation over 7,000 years in Egypt". Roy. Soc. S. Afr. 27. pp. 95-145. I never had the study, but found bits of it quoted online.

Dart compiled the CI's of 2,861 Egyptian skulls; he even broke down their % of dolichocephaly, mesocephaly, or brachycephaly, by Dynasty/Era.

There is no influx of brachycephaly (it is as low as 1 - 3 percent) until Dynasty IX, and the mesocephaly is always low or fairly low, until the late historical periods (Romans, Greeks etc).

So the pre-dynastic/dynastic Egyptians were predominantly long-headed. Of course the CI has been described as being highly plastic, however with an invasion or large movement of Eurasians into Egypt you would expect to still find a higher percentage of rounder skulls during a dynasty or period, but they are absent.

Anyway that's the last thing i really looked at, I more or less retired from 'race'/physical anthro having renounced all the junk i believed in before.

Welcome back Cass.

It seems that to get to the nitty gritty of the Skulls in Egypt and The Nile is difficult but not way out there that we cant get an heads up.

Swenet and Truth posted some good studies on the Skulls found in these regions and who closely identifies with them. Thanks for your part in unravelling This.

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
The only one associating broaf trend morphology with stereotypical West Africans is you and Swenet

Dude, stop building strawman, I never implied anything like that, smh, I asked a simply question, as I said again, my point is that bROAD TREND morphology isn't limited to specific areas in Africa, you keep ignoring and avoiding that I have repeated, the only ones associating West African stereotype with broad trend is you and Truthicentric
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Then why did you bring it up? You start your query
with "if broad trend morphology was not present in
early Northeast African" but your premise (i.e.
that it supposedly wasn't present in the Nile
Valley pre-holocene according to me) doesn't follow
out of anything anyone said. This is what makes me
suspect that you're just trolling at this point.
How does your question fit in anything we've
discussed thus far? If you're going to make a
connection between something I've said and your
seemingly random question when you reply back, quote
me, please. No more empty accusations.

BrandonP
Member # 3735

quote:
Valley pre-holocene) doesn't follow out of anything
anyone said. This is what makes me suspect that
you're just trolling at this point. How does your
question fit in anything we've discussed thus far?
If you're going to make a connection between,
something I've said and your seemingly random
question, quote me, please.

My most charitable guess is that the Bass didn't bother reading the whole thread and had a knee-jerk reaction to your invocation of Brace et al. We've all seen how Euronuts have used Brace's 1993 work to justify their whitewashed portrayal of ancient Egypt, so he must have mistaken you for one of them. At any rate it's sad to see him go down like this.
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Valley pre-holocene) doesn't follow out of anything
anyone said. This is what makes me suspect that
you're just trolling at this point. How does your
question fit in anything we've discussed thus far?
If you're going to make a connection between,
something I've said and your seemingly random
question, quote me, please.

My most charitable guess is that the Bass didn't bother reading the whole thread and had a knee-jerk reaction to your invocation of Brace et al. We've all seen how Euronuts have used Brace's 1993 work to justify their whitewashed portrayal of ancient Egypt, so he must have mistaken you for one of them. At any rate it's sad to see him go down like this.
I don't think he was whitewashing, but I do think that he was trying to carve up Africa into all these distinct units morphology wise, I was simply saying that Brace's study does NOT prove that BROAD trend morphology was absent in the Nile Valley. I don't understand why he would quote Brace to prove anything.
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
I don't understand why you're still addressing
my posts. One thing you fail to understand is that
I don't care about your sensitivities regarding
AE phenotypes. I don't give a birdsdrop about
what the AE looked like. I don't deal with the
childish inclinations you, Zaharan and Amun have
where AE have to be closer to this population but
not that population. I'm reporting the empirical
data as they are. The very fact that you dismiss
said data on grounds you can't substantiate shows
that you govern yourself by pseudo-science.

Every time you reply to my post and complain
instead of refuting what I'm saying, you're
proving how much of a fail your presence in this
thread is. You know full well you can't refute
what I'm saying, but yet you dislike what I'm
saying? But if you're someone who dislikes data
on a priori grounds, then what are you into science
for?

Is this the type of science you're into? Zaharan-
cut-and-paste-ism?

-

Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Now you're getting personal while I am limiting my responses to what you posted as far as data and studies. That which you just posted is about non-metric traits which are not measurements but about the frequencies and occurrences of groves, notches etc in a skull, but in METRIC traits they don't cluster close with other Africans like Niger Congo speakers, you saw that in Brace's study, smh
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
It doesn't matter what it's based on. It's empirical
data that is known to segregate populations along
ancestry lines, albeit with certain caveats. This
is exactly what I mean. Where do you get the
audacity to pick and choose what you're going to
adhere to? Do you have any idea how pseudo-scientific
that is? Are you kidding me? You're setting a very
dangerous precedent where people just get to pick and
choose what's palatable to them. You're not just
doing it with non-metric data, but also with Brace
1993's, Strouhal's and Hanihara 2000's empirical
data (i.e. sans the racially charged interpretations
they may have). That no alarm bells go off internally
when you utter your wilful preference for certain
data, makes me question what your real motives
are. You and Zaharan have some balls to question
my motives after your embarrassing display here,
I'll tell you that.

[Confused]

Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
I'll tell you that.

[Confused]

Do you understand the difference between metric and metric traits? This discussion is done because apparently you are looking to argue
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So.
There is an admin?

He has our passwords

He gives out passwords

He responds to correspondence when he wants to

==

BTW- The premise of the book makes absolute sense. Too expensive on Amazon.

quote:
Originally posted by cass:
The Admin is the "sam" dude by email.

I no longer really do this 'race' stuff and don't plan to post here after now, but if you guys have Amazon accounts... Just buy Climatic Races and Descent Groups by Grover Krantz (1980).

He discusses a "Saharan climatic race":

"Saharan: Skin color was dark with a medium fringe on the northern edge. Dark eyes and hair were universal. Cranial hair was wavy or curly with tight spiraling only in the extreme south. Body and facial hair were probably scant."

He goes on to describe their noses as being narrow or narrowish: "There is no distinction here between the Caucasoid and Saharan climatic races" and also discusses their elongated limbs, which in post-crania puts them closer to "Negroid". He describes Saharan's as being an intermediate eco-cline between "Caucasoids" and "Negroids", but as the result of in situ climatic adaptation to the dry-heat of the Sahara, rather than some outdated admixture Hamitic model.

Krantz' "Saharan climatic race" is basically the northern reddish/lighter brown skinned variant of Hierneux' "Elongated African" that Keita referenced in his debate with Snowden. The ancient egyptians were predominantly this reddish northern "Elongated African" or "Saharan".

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

Dude, stop building strawman , I never implied anything like that, smh, I asked a simply question, as I said again, my point is that bROAD TREND morphology isn't limited to specific areas in Africa [/QB]
You've just taken out 99.9% of his posts contents. It's all about strawman argumentation. Waste of time. Mildly entertaining.

Those 2 idiots, still try to avoid the fact that East and West Africans, before any back migrations, share common ancestors for most of their genome well after the OOA migrations of non-Africans.

As discussed here:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=008966;p=12#000550

and here:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=009022;p=8#000351

Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Here we can see again, African populations like Fulani, Cushitic, Nilo-Saharan, Niger-Congo clustering closer to each others than they do with Eurasian populations before any high level of back migrations.

-
From the same Tishkoff (2009) study linked above. Direct link to supplement pdf: DOWNLOAD

Discussed with more details here:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=008966;p=12#000550

Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Dude, stop building strawman , I never implied anything like that, smh, I asked a simply question, as I said again, my point is that bROAD TREND morphology isn't limited to specific areas in Africa

You've just taken out 99.9% of his posts contents. It's all about strawman argumentation. Waste of time. Mildly entertaining.

Those 2 idiots, still try to avoid the fact that East and West Africans, before any back migrations, share common ancestors for most of their genome well after the OOA migrations of non-Africans.

As discussed here:

and here:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=009022;p=8#000351 [/QB]

They may indeed share a common origin from way back, but have been differentiated long enough to be distinct from each other. Modern West Africans appear to be more recent
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Dude, stop building strawman , I never implied anything like that, smh, I asked a simply question, as I said again, my point is that bROAD TREND morphology isn't limited to specific areas in Africa

As discussed here:

and here:

They may indeed share a common origin from way back, but have been differentiated long enough to be distinct from each other. Modern West Africans appear to be more recent [/QB]
I agree with that. But it must be noted that the differention with modern East African due to genetic drift and adaptation to new lifestyles, etc, is complicated by the recent back migrations of non-African in the region mostly since the end of the Ancient Egyptian empire (a bit during pre-dynastic time, much more during the dynastic era (think Hyksos, late foreign dynasties), and even much more so in recent times accompanied by demographic expansion after the dynastic era).

Basically, all African populations are their own people, with their own characteristics but at the same time they are related to each other through common origin (after OOA of course).

Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
 -
Taken from:Reconstructing Ancient Kinship in Africa by Christopher Ehret (From Early Human Kinship, Chap 12)

Strikingly, the most probable origin areas of each of the African families lay in regions within or adjacent to the Horn of Africa.

Notice:**ALL** the African language families.

beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
I am going to bite...for the thrist for knowledge.

What images? Anything worthwhile.

quote:
Originally posted by :
quote:
And I am told the supposedly so much "mo betta" FB page is rather sluggish,
with the same few people talking to one another, using
leached material originally posted on Dinekenes
and elsewhere, as some on ES have noted in various theads.
Fine. If it's so bad, shouldn't they be off "pioneering"
these supposedly vast new vistas of information?
What happened? If they have better places to be,
why are they still here?

This for the most part is nonsense.
As it stands the group has 112 images. Many posted from Purchased books and 224 Uploaded documents.
There is no official post count. If there was any kind of consistency in files that are actually UPLOADED instead of simply posted the file count, I would guess.......would be perhaps 600. Compare that to the posts here or ESR. Matter of fact compare that to posts on any board.

I stopped back here cause some jackass dumbo keeps calling my name.

All kinds of stuff. I will not share what others have posted. But I just added this yesterday :

Here is a map from U175. Which is E1b1a8

-

Know of any others on the web?

Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
I'll tell you that.

[Confused]

Do you understand the difference between metric and metric traits? This discussion is done because apparently you are looking to argue
There never was a discussion. There was trolling from your
end and there was me calling it out. You wouldn't have
been able to name a native SSA population in which Brace'
Naqada configuration would have high probabilities because
the literature's consistency in documenting the rift between
Saharan and SSA populations with Brace' variables decimates
your hopes of ever finding one. You thought it was a coincidence
that the only populations you were able to muster up (Teda,
Fulani, etc.) as 'samples that were left out' all have some
measure of Sahara-like ancestry? Back to the drawing board
for you.

Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
I was trolling? For raising a point that Brace's study isn't helping your case? Man, I tell you, smh
BrandonP
Member # 3735

quote:
I was trolling? For raising a point that Brace's study isn't helping your case? Man, I tell you, smh

All right, so how would you reconcile all the data Swenet et al has posted (e.g. Brace, Hanihara, Strouhal) in this thread and others with whatever position you are advocating? Let's see your answers.
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
^That might be the most progress promoting question
asked so far. Cuts through the BS and gets to the
bottom of things. But I'm afraid a useful answer
won't be forthcoming because he's already committed
himself to dismissing the data he doesn't like.

quote:

The last time you said my Brace and Strouhal citations
don't "help my case" is when you made Sahelian
and Saharan populations with known Saharan ancestry
out to be representatives of native SSA populations.
You then strangely ridiculed the fact that these
populations aren't entirely SSA. After I reminded
you of Tishkof and others, you seemed to have
sobered up, but I'm still at a loss as to how the
Brace and Strouhal excerpts don't help my case. I
understand that they debunk YOUR case and the
case of the denialists here who ignore the
implications of Irish, Hanihara, Ricaut, etc, but
my case? Please explain.

Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
^^Red herrings

Nobody denies that African populations (including Ancient Egyptians) have a diverse set of physiology created by genetic drift, within Africa migrations, change of lifestyles etc. Read more about it HERE.

It's just that most African populations also share a common origin in North-Eastern Africa as we can see genetically, linguistically and archaeologically.

All this explained among other places
Here: http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=008966;p=12#000550

and there: http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=009022;p=8#000351

We have also have DNA results on actual Ancient Egyptian mummies with the JAMA, BMJ and DNA Tribes studies. With Ramses III being E1b1a while their autosomal DNA beeing more prevalent in the Great Lakes, Southern and Western African region (the same region where E1b1a is prevalent, thus confirming each others).

It's a lock. You 2 sounds retarded now.

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com