EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » 18th dynast were haplogroup R1b/K? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: 18th dynast were haplogroup R1b/K?
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Credit goes to Beyoku who got from Anthrogenica. Anyhow, I'm surprised there is no thread on this yet but now there is...

Insights from ancient DNA analysis of Egyptian human mummies: clues to disease and kinship

Authors: Yehia Z. Gad*1,2, Naglaa Abu-Mandil Hassan1,3, Dalia M. Mousa
1,Fayrouz A. Fouad1
, Safaa G. El-Sayed4
, Marwa A. Abdelazeem5
, Samah M.
Mahdy6
, Hend Y. Othman1
, Dina W. Ibrahim1
, Rabab Khairat2,5, Somaia Ismail2,5

quote:

The genetic relatedness of individuals from archaeological sites has been utilized
to elucidate family relationships. A number of studies on Egyptian human remains
assessed the maternal and paternal lineages using both mitochondrial DNA
(mtDNA) sequences and nuclear DNA markers, including autosomal and Y-chromosome short tandem repeats (STRs) (38, 55-57). To the best of our
knowledge, no full NGS autosomal study has been published yet in this regard,
only uni-parental markers were utilized.
An investigative study was carried out on the familial relationships of a number of
late 18th dynasty mummies (ca. 1550–1295 B.C.), including that of Tutankhamen.
The study was based on the analysis of the autosomal and Y-chromosome STR
markers in addition to mitochondrial hypervariable region 1 sequences. A 4-
generation pedigree of Tutankhamun’s immediate lineage and the identity of his
ancestors were established. The Royal male lineage was the Y-chromosome
haplogroup R1b that was passed from the grandparent [Amenhotep III] to the father [KV55, Akhenaten] to the grandchild [Tutankhamen]. The maternal lineage,
the mitochondrial haplogroup K, extended from the great-grandmother [Thuya] to
the grandmother [KV35 Elder lady, Queen Tiye] to the yet historically-unidentified
mother [KV35 Younger lady] to Tutankhamen (38, 55).

For this claim they cite a yet to be published piece:

Gad, Y.Z., Ismail, S., Fathalla, D., Khairat, R., Fares, S., Gad, A.Z., Saad,
R., Moustafa, A., ElShahat, E., Abu Mandil, N.H. et al. (2020) Maternal and
paternal lineages in King Tutankhamun’s family. In Kamrin, J., Bárta, M.,
Ikram, S., Lehner, M., Megahed, M., (eds.) Guardian of Ancient Egypt:
Essays in Honor of Zahi Hawass, Czech Institute of Egyptology, Faculty of
Arts, Charles University, Prague (in press).

I am not going to lie... I'm quite surprised by the results especially haplogroup K. I am now seeing some argue that the 18th dynasty was a Levantine transplant. However, I personally believe that the R1b is V88. I'm placing bets on that.

But what are the rest of you guy's thoughts? Were the 18th dynasty Levantine transplants? Or do we need actual autosomal results.

Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://academic.oup.com/hmg/advance-article/doi/10.1093/hmg/ddaa223/5924364

Insights from ancient DNA analysis of Egyptian human mummies: clues to disease and kinship

Yehia Z Gad,
Naglaa Abu-Mandil Hassan, Dalia M Mousa, Fayrouz A Fouad, Safaa G El-Sayed, Marwa A Abdelazeem, Samah M Mahdy, Hend Y Othman, Dina W Ibrahim, Rabab Khairat

second article, more detail:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/353306320_Maternal_and_paternal_lineages_in_King_Tutankhamun%27s_family

Maternal and paternal lineages in King Tutankhamun’s family.
February 2020

In book: Guardian of Ancient Egypt: Essays in Honor of Zahi HawassPublisher: Czech Institute of Egyptology
Project: Ancient Egyptian Genetics Project

Authors:

Yehia Z Gad, Somaia Ismail, Dina Fathalla, Rabab Khairat, Suzan Fares, Ahmed Zakaria Gad, Rama Saad, Amal Moustafa, Eslam ElShahat,
Naglaa H. Abu Mandil, Mohamed Fateen, Hisham Elleithy, Sally Wasef, Albert R Zink, Zahi Hawass, Carsten M Pusch

-

Amenhotep III R1b / H2

Akhenaten R1b / K
Tutankhamun R1b / K

Yuya G2 / K

Thuya K
Tiye K
KN35YL K

-

Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Griffith is really keeping this under wraps.
Even the book with the research behind mtDNA K
is as yet unpublished.

Gad, Y.Z., …. Wasef, S. et al. 2020.
Maternal and paternal lineages in King Tutankhamun’s family
in
J. Kamrin, M. Bárta, S. Ikram, M. Lehner, M. Megahed (éd.),
Guardian of Ancient Egypt, Studies in Honor of Zahi Hawass.

Djehuti where you at?
Time to reexamine ye old Levantine Queen Tiye sources.

Anyway, Tiye's mother Thuya, her autosome profile is
Sudani and Upper Egyptian so pour that on her Special K.
Tiye's parentage is non-royal something to remember when
guessing 18th Dynasty foreign origin that didn't start with
Thuya.

As for Levantine infusion into the dynasty consider this wiki info

Amenhotep III is known to have married several foreign women:

Gilukhepa, the daughter of Shuttarna II of Mitanni, in the tenth year of his reign.
Tadukhepa, the daughter of his ally Tushratta of Mitanni, Around Year 36 of his reign.
A daughter of Kurigalzu, king of Babylon.
A daughter of Kadashman-Enlil, king of Babylon.
A daughter of Tarhundaradu, ruler of Arzawa.
A daughter of the ruler of Ammia (in modern Syria).

One thing's certain if no one hopped the fence
then 18th Dyn is R1b in origin based on A III
whose paternal lineage goes clear back to Dyn 17.

That aDNA kit collected no SNP info so MSY Hg is
inferred unless Gad's not using what Hawass Pusch
Zinck retrieved.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I discussed this reality back in 2010 See:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=006903;p=1

King Tut was African. In fact the Kushites took y-chromosome R1 to Eurasians.

Y-CHROMOSOME R1 WAS INTRODUCED TO EURASIA BY KUSHITES

Clyde Winters

ABSTRACT
The Kushites lived in Africa and Eurasia. Kushites originated in Africa. Researchers have observed that many of the Caucasus hunter-gatherers (CHG) and early European farmers (EF) populations carried R1a and R1b clades, and cultivated millet, which was not cultivated in Central Asia and the Middle East until 1000s of years after it was cultivated at Nabta Playa in Africa, and in the Ukraine by CHG and EF populations . Interestingly, the CHG carried the R1b1, and R1b1a lineages. Some researchers claim that these clades are “distant relatives” of V88, and that V88 is the result of a back migration from Eurasia to Central Africa. The archaeological evidence, on the other hand, lacks any corroboration of a back migration from Eurasia. Instead, the archaeogenetic evidence indicates that Niger-Congo speaking
Africans from North Africa and the Saharo-Sahel, called Kushites in the historical literature early settled Crete, Iberia and Anatolia, and that these Africans introduced R1b, the Bell Beaker and the agro-pastoral
cultural traditions into Eurasia during the Neolithic.

See: https://www.academia.edu/36591534/Y_CHROMOSOME_R1_WAS_INTRODUCED_TO_EURASIA_BY_KUSHITES

The phylogenetic profile of R-M173 supports an ancient migration of Kushites from Africa to Eurasia as suggested by the Classical writers. This expansion of an African Kushite population probably took place over 5kya.

" We analyzed the craniometric , linguistic, archaeological and y-chromosome sequences of African and Eurasian populations from the literature relating to these diverse fields.

This literature provides us with a critical examination of the distribution of R1*-M173 . It presents a genetic pattern of this haplogroup from Africa to Eurasia, and the dispersal of a significant African male contribution to Eurasia.

-

The pristine form of R1*M173 is found only in Africa (Cruciani et al, 2002, 2010).The frequency of Y-chromosome R1*-M173 in Africa range between 7-95% and averages 39.5% (Coia et al,2005). The R*-M173 (haplotype 117) chromosome is found frequently in Africa, but rare to extremely low frequencies in Eurasia. The Eurasian R haplogroup is characterized by R1b3-M269. The M269 derived allele has a M207/M173 background.

In Figure 1 we provide the frequencies of y-chromosome M-173 in Africa and Eurasia. Whereas only between 8% and 10% of M-173 is carried by Eurasians, 82% of the carriers of this y-chromosome are found in Africa."

Coia et al (2005) provides substantial data that the presence of R1*-M173 did not follow the spread of mtDNA haplogroup U6, which is found in North Africa (Coia et al, 2005).This supports the view that its presence in Africa is not the result of a back migration.

See:

http://maxwellsci.com/print/crjbs/v2-294-299.pdf

http://olmec98.net/Fulani.pdf

The Ounanian culture was not isolated in Africa. It was spread into the Levant. As a result, we have in the
archaeological literature the name Ounan-Harif point. This name was proposed for the tanged points at
Nabta Playa and Bir Kiseiba .

Harifian is a specialized regional cultural development of the Epipalaeolithic of the Negev Desert.
Harifian has close connections with the late Mesolithic cultures of Fayyum and the Eastern Deserts of
Egypt, whose tool assemblage resembles that of the Harifian.
The tangled Ounanian points are also found at Foum Arguin . These points were used from Oued Draa, in
southern Morocco, to the Banc d’Arguin and from the Atlantic shore to the lowlands of northwestern
Sahara in Mauritania . We now have DNA from Ounanian sites in Morocco.
All the burials in Ifri n’Amr o’Moussa site IAM1-IAM7 , are devoid of any artifacts, except for an
original funeral ritual, which consists of placing a millstone on the skull (5) . These burials were dated
from 4,850 to 5,250 BCE, they carried U6, M1, T2, X and K (Fregel et al, 2017). This suggests that
Africans were already carrying this mtDNA. The spread of the Ounanians to Harif in the Levant explains
the presence of these Kushite clades in the Levant and Anatolia.
The first Kushites came to the Levant with Narmer. Narmer was the first ruler to unify ancient Egypt. The
reason we know Narmer was a Kushite is the fact that the bulla called this part of the Negev ḫЗts.t
("Kush") or ḫ3s.tj ("Kushite"). and we find Narmer's name on jars and serekhs from excavations in
Israel and Palestine , for example Tel Erani, Arad, 'En Besor, Halif Terrace/Nahal Tillah and more, we
can assume that if he was recognized as ruler of the area he was also a Kushite (Levy et al,1997).
The Kushites were called ḫЗšt in Africa and the Levant. Kushites had early settled in the Levant since
Narmer times. The Kushites were called ḫЗšt , Ta-Seti and Tehenu by the Egyptians (Winters,2012,2017).
The Egyptian Pharaoh Sahure referred to the Tehenu leader as “Hati Tehenu” . The name Hati,
correspond to the name Hatti for a Kushite tribe in Anatolia. The Hatti people often referred to
themselves as Kashkas.

--------------------
C. A. Winters

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a few things to note here:
-These results have really been sat on for over a decade??
-This would be the first official publication declaring Ramses and Pentaware as E-M2
-There seems to be low resolution as it relates to all HG assignments.
-K is indicative of a recent (historically speaking) levantine people in Egypt.

My question to the OP and others who don't foolishly assign every arbitrary HG as African, is?
[i]If we get Thuya's Autosomal profile and turns out to look very "SSA" lets say generously 80% putative African, what would that say about her recent ancestry? would you be compelled to push K1a's presence in Africa back? Would you and would you investigate her relationship with levantine and Sudanese people?

...I'll keep it generous, what if Thuya resembled the early pastoralists escavated at Prettejohn’s Gully from Pendergast 2019 Who I believe were the oldest sequenced carriers of K1 in Africa so far. And also who Wang 2020 has as 47% Leventine (chl) related, 43% mota related and 10% dinka related. Would you say the levant_chl source was an accurate proxy under this context? When would it had Arrived?

-Lastly, what if Thuya resembled the Abusir mummies Autosomally?
What would that say about her recent ancestry? would you be compelled to push K1a's presence in Africa back? Would you and would you investigate her relationship with levantine and Sudanese people? Would you say the levant_chl source was an accurate proxy under this context?

Posts: 1782 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whaddaya mean IF we get Thuya's autosomal profile?

Have I been talkin' to me arse these last 10 yrs?

No offense 42, I know you been hearin me.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is actually going on here is the reverse one drop rule. So in America or other places where Europeans want to control things socially and economically, no amount of Eurasian mixture stops you from being black African in origin. Yet here we are reading papers where they go to great lengths to say African populations with some mixture are not black African. Its ridiculous. The presence of mixture isn't the issue, as opposed to the overall population affinity of said individuals or groups. This is where the Abusir paper is so problematic in trying to make sweeping statements with limited data. It is the same thing here, because you need way more data in order to make any overall conclusion about overall population affinity in ancient times.
Posts: 8897 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

They have already concluded Africa is mixed Sardine or mixed Anatoli or mixed Irani whatever.

Anyway no Levantine population otherside of ancient Lebanon even liked ancient Egyptians.

They'd be angry modern people trying to turn them into Levantines.
Even Macedonian lineage Cleopatra is claimed to be Levatine now in
Israel for the sake of Gal Gadot's movie.

I'm rather disgusted at the biased approach of scientists to uphold
Euro propaganda on history, ethnicity, and their innate superiority
expressed in genomic research write-ups.

But why ES now wants AE to be Levantine is ... well ... I'm speechless.

Any way the wind blows the latest paper's interpretation I guess.
Never mind the raw data or the fact algorithms are biased the way
their human designers are biased. That includes the ADMIXTURE pgm
and all those other tools. But when something doesn't make sense
who checks for and updates a pgm ? Ah well, its mostly accurate
and where it isn't it's biased in favor of west Eurasia, i.e.,
Europe, then secondly for what used to be called southwest Asia.

But lemme calm myself down. Hope this Fuente Lost City and St Lucia
Forgotten Cask does the job. From the 4th grade to tomorrow it seems
"Egypt may look like it's in Africa but it's really Asia" if you don't
want your test question marked wrong.

=-=

Meanwhile someone needs to go over HVR1 sequences
for what K has in common with L", L3-M, L3-N, or U6,
since we saw how Kefi's aMazigh nationalist reading
looked right over possibilities that weren't fitting
North-Afrocentric propaganda. HVSII and RFLP can
overrule even a proper multi-polymorphism HVSI alone.

Ah, the blacks. At least we strive for objectivity
as we were taught in school that science should have.
Meanwhile the whole world uses science for politics and
sociology ala "Oops we never said our Abusir discussion
applies to all dynastic Egypt the whole length of the Nile.
It's not our fault media and the public took it that way.
We have a tiny one sentence disclaimer to that effect
right there in the article."

Not say Gad et al will try and turn a solo
HVSI polymorphism into a fully sequenced
haplogroup like Kefi did but best to be wary.

--------------------

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
https://images2.imgbox.com/d8/52/M7ZLPlhP_o.png

Just something to consider if you really want to investigate if this is R-V88 (goes for Askia, too, who says he suspects Tut has V88).

You have to look at the ISOGG tables and confirm that R1b1a2 was V88 at the time of this article. You can't assume that the writer did it's homework and got it right in the followup article.

https://isogg.org/tree/

Nomenclature changes, e.g. E-M2's position changed from E3a, to E1b1a to E1b1a1.

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe my approach is an overreaction, but to be honest I don't "want" A.Egypt to be Levantine. I want to see actual contextualizing African aDNA. The idea behind "waiting for the autosomes" was not to turn a blind eye to the STR reports or historical accounts of who these people were, but to address the lack of importance we're giving a putative levantine marker coming out of "Nubia". The point of the matter is almost everything in the last 6 years or so coming out of the region show levantine correspondence. In this case I'm applying the same logic as I would if I found African haplogroups outside of Africa.

At some point in time we'd have to call a spade a spade or at least consider the possibility that the bulk of the ancestry in the region could have been from Outside of Africa. I'd love to be wrong, and I've built cases for the contrary all over the place. But I'd find it unbelievable and somewhat impressive if all these years there's just been an elaborate plot to hide how African, these Africans were in A.Egypt.

I'm sure noone will address the questions I posted above here, but those are some points I need addressed from any perspective. Maybe more meaningful discussion can help me see things differently, but the wait n see approach is not cutting it.

Posts: 1782 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Hundreds of Siwan people form a circle (zikr) of peace and forgiveness, marking the annual "Siyaha" Peace Festival of Siwa Oasis.
LINK

-

In 2010 Cruciani reported 26.9% Siwans tested R-V88
Sudanese Copts who migrated out of Egypt in recent times also were reported in another article to carry 14% R1b which is probably R-V88 but tested before R-V88 was discovered

quote:
Originally posted by Askia_The_Great:
[QB] Credit goes to Beyoku who got from Anthrogenica. Anyhow, I'm surprised there is no thread on this yet but now there is...

1,Fayrouz A. Fouad1

The Royal male lineage was the Y-chromosome
haplogroup R1b that was passed from the grandparent [Amenhotep III] to the father [KV55, Akhenaten] to the grandchild [Tutankhamen]. The maternal lineage,
the grandmother [KV35 Elder lady, Queen Tiye] to the yet historically-unidentified

I looked at the whole preprint as of yet as you say the particular clade of the R1b has not been stated yet, just that it was R1b

Does the media roll with articles before they are published? I hope not

If it turns out to R-V88 which is likely the current thinking is that it originates in Sardinia or the Levant because it was found in Neolithic samples from Sardinia as well as in 6,200 remains in Catalonia Spain and R1b is also the most common paternal haplogroup in Europe. However as we know this clade of it R-V88 can be found in Cameroon as high as 95% in some groups and is very rare in Europe with only very low percentages in Sardinia and also 1-4% in parts of the Levant

Eupedia:

According to Cruciani et al. (2010) R1b-V88 would have crossed the Sahara between 9,200 and 5,600 years ago, and is most probably associated with the diffusion of Chadic languages, a branch of the Afroasiatic languages. V88 would have migrated from Egypt to Sudan, then expanded along the Sahel until northern Cameroon and Nigeria. However, R1b-V88 is not only present among Chadic speakers, but also among Senegambian speakers (Fula-Hausa) and Semitic speakers (Berbers, Arabs).

R1b-V88 is found among the native populations of Rwanda, South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Congo, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Ivory Coast, Guinea-Bissau. The wide distribution of V88 in all parts of Africa, its incidence among herding tribes, and the coalescence age of the haplogroup all support a Neolithic dispersal. In any case, a later migration out of Egypt would be improbable since it would have brought haplogroups that came to Egypt during the Bronze Age, such as J1, J2, R1a or R1b-L23.

The maternal lineages associated with the spread of R1b-V88 in Africa are mtDNA haplogroups J1b, U5 and V, and perhaps also U3 and some H subclades (=> see Retracing the mtDNA haplogroups of the original R1b people).

Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Elmaestro:
Maybe my approach is an overreaction, but to be honest I don't "want" A.Egypt to be Levantine. I want to see actual contextualizing African aDNA. The idea behind "waiting for the autosomes" was not to turn a blind eye to the STR reports or historical accounts of who these people were, but to address the lack of importance we're giving a putative levantine marker coming out of "Nubia". The point of the matter is almost everything in the last 6 years or so coming out of the region show levantine correspondence. In this case I'm applying the same logic as I would if I found African haplogroups outside of Africa.

At some point in time we'd have to call a spade a spade or at least consider the possibility that the bulk of the ancestry in the region could have been from Outside of Africa. I'd love to be wrong, and I've built cases for the contrary all over the place. But I'd find it unbelievable and somewhat impressive if all these years there's just been an elaborate plot to hide how African, these Africans were in A.Egypt.

I'm sure noone will address the questions I posted above here, but those are some points I need addressed from any perspective. Maybe more meaningful discussion can help me see things differently, but the wait n see approach is not cutting it.

Yes but if Tutankhamun was R1b and maybe R-V88 then Rameses III (an maybe the whole Rameses) were E1b1a
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isnt R-1b a Male Marker, would'nt the R-1b have to have come from a Male Ancestor?

quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:

Gilukhepa, the daughter of Shuttarna II of Mitanni, in the tenth year of his reign.
Tadukhepa, the daughter of his ally Tushratta of Mitanni, Around Year 36 of his reign.

Zinck retrieved.

Posts: 8805 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Waiting for what autosomes?
Why do you think Thuya's autosome profile isn't on record?

EDIT: your pardon. I think I misread what you said
but I got it now. Combo 'Nubian' autosomes with K of
possible earlier 'Nubian' origin than immediate Levantine.

Interesting. I see a lot of spin offs like
K entering 'Nubia' in pre-dynastic times
maybe as war trophy wife in a campaign
like Weni's or a merchant's daughter
in 1st Intrmdt-MK times from a trade
expedition not so great like Harkhuf's.

???

--------------------

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I said in the other thread and for years, many people have tried HARD to make the Siwans less Berber or descendants of SS-African Slaves but they can't, the Siwans history of Isolation and intermarriage and genetics does'nt allow for that.

The modern Siwans are a good example of what their ancestors probably looked like.

I also think its interesting in light of what Swenet said about Chadian language being instrumental to the development of A.Egyptian.

Even the R-1b=European article Lioness posted HAS to admit that V88 is found high as hell in Chad and the Siwans.

Its interesting to me personally because of the thesis ive been pursuing for years(Hopefully I can one day publish something) about the Ta-Seti Royalty in Kemet, but this is pointing to another "SS-African" penetration into the Royalty of Kemet but from Lybia or the North.

Very interesting to say the least.
quote:
 -
Hundreds of Siwan people form a circle (zikr) of peace and forgiveness, marking the annual "Siyaha" Peace Festival of Siwa Oasis.
LINK

-

In 2010 Cruciani reported 26.9% Siwans tested R-V88
Sudanese Copts who migrated out of Egypt in recent times also were reported in another article to carry 14% R1b which is probably R-V88 but tested before R-V88 was discovered

quote:
Originally posted by Askia_The_Great:
[QB] Credit goes to Beyoku who got from Anthrogenica. Anyhow, I'm surprised there is no thread on this yet but now there is...

1,Fayrouz A. Fouad1

The Royal male lineage was the Y-chromosome

I looked at the whole preprint as of yet as you say the particular clade of the R1b has not been stated yet, just that it was R1b

Does the media roll with articles before they are published? I hope not

If it turns out to R-V88 which is likely the current thinking is that it originates in Sardinia or the Levant because it was found in Neolithic samples from Sardinia as well as in 6,200 remains in Catalonia Spain and R1b is also the most common paternal haplogroup in Europe. However as we know this clade of it R-V88 can be found in Cameroon as high as 95% in some groups and is very rare in Europe with only very low percentages in Sardinia and also 1-4% in parts of the Levant

Eupedia:

According to Cruciani et al. (2010) R1b-V88 would have crossed the Sahara between 9,200 and 5,600 years ago, and is most probably associated with the diffusion of Chadic languages, a branch of the Afroasiatic languages. V88 would have migrated from Egypt to Sudan, then expanded along the Sahel until northern Cameroon and Nigeria. However, R1b-V88 is not only present among Chadic speakers, but also among Senegambian speakers (Fula-Hausa) and Semitic speakers (Berbers, Arabs).

R1b-V88 is found among the native populations of Rwanda, South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Congo, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Ivory Coast, Guinea-Bissau. The wide distribution of V88 in all parts of Africa, its incidence among herding tribes, and the coalescence age of the haplogroup all support a Neolithic dispersal. In any case, a later migration out of Egypt would be improbable since it would have brought haplogroups that came to Egypt during the Bronze Age, such as J1, J2, R1a or R1b-L23.

The maternal lineages associated with the spread of R1b-V88 in Africa are mtDNA haplogroups J1b, U5 and V, and perhaps also U3 and some H subclades (=> see Retracing the mtDNA haplogroups of the original R1b people).

Posts: 8805 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

I'm talkin bout commoner born Thuya and mtDNA K.
Her presumed K enters Dyn 18 rather late. Her
16 allele profile is extant in Sudan and Up Egy.

A III's "R1b" lineage goes back to before Dyn 18
unless his or some male ancestor's fathering was
by someone other than Senakhtenre Ahmose Dyn 17.
His consort list goes to show sex bias in post
MK Egy explains any non-continental mtDNA. All
them women's various "SW Asian" autosomes and
mtDNA entered the royalty and populace forever.

quote:
Originally posted by -Just Call Me Jari-:
Isnt R-1b a Male Marker, would'nt the R-1b have to have come from a Male Ancestor?

quote:

Zinck retrieved.

=-=

A lot's happened since 2010, A 2018 table of R-V88
with Trombetta and Cruciani on the preparation team
is available to check Siwan haplogroups against who
else in Afr shares it and to what extent.

--------------------

Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Yes but if Tutankhamun was R1b and maybe R-V88 then Rameses III (an maybe the whole Rameses) were E1b1a
If we are crediting the OP Tut is V88 and Ranses and Pentaware ARE E-M2.... Just as much as Thuyas line is K1.

But how do you view the "non African" looking portion of North East African ancestry given the fact that such a high profile mummy carries such a putative neolithic levantine Marker?

@Tukuler, I'm referring to an SNP panel, and even if I were not, it still begs the question, with Thuya having a predominantly sudanese profile, what does that say about her maternal lineage & when did it enter the region? Does it call into question how historically Afican the Sudani profile is going back to the 17th dynasty? If not why and can you prove it with available data?

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Oh Ok I see, yes we know that the Egyptians did intermarry with Levantines, esp. women. I do recall Keita pointing out the Levantine Weavers...sorry Ive been busy with school, kinda slipping on the Genetics stuff

quote:
I'm talkin bout commoner born Thuya and mtDNA K.

A III's "R1b" lineage goes back to before Dyn 18
unless his or some male ancestor's fathering was
by someone other than Senakhtenre Ahmose Dyn 17.
His consort list goes to show sex bias in post
MK Egy explains any non-continental mtDNA.

quote:

quote:

Zinck retrieved.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
[qb] Maybe my approach is an overreaction, but to be honest I don't "want" A.Egypt to be Levantine. I want to see actual contextualizing African aDNA. The idea behind "waiting for the autosomes" was not to turn a blind eye to the STR reports or historical accounts of who these people were, but to address the lack of importance we're giving a putative levantine marker coming out of "Nubia". The point of the matter is almost everything in the last 6 years or so coming out of the region show levantine correspondence. In this case I'm applying the same logic as I would if I found African haplogroups outside of Africa.

If we are crediting the OP Tut is V88 and Ranses and Pentaware ARE E-M2.... Just as much as Thuyas line is K1.

But how do you view the "non African" looking portion of North East African ancestry given the fact that such a high profile mummy carries such a putative neolithic levantine Marker?

what do you mean view?

King Tut was Jewish ???

wikipedia

Haplogroup K

Haplogroup K appears in Central Europe, Southern Europe, Northern Europe, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, South Asia and West Asia and in populations with such an ancestry.

Haplogroup K is found in approximately 10% of native Europeans.[5][6]

Overall the mtDNA haplogroup K is found in about 6% of the population of Europe and the Near East, but it is more common in certain of these populations. Approximately 16% of the Druze of Syria, Lebanon, Israel, and Jordan, belong to haplogroup K.[7] It is also found among 8% of Palestinians.[8] Additionally, K reaches a level of 17% in Kurdistan.[9]

Approximately 32% of people with Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry are in haplogroup K. This high percentage points to a genetic bottleneck occurring some 100 generations ago.[7] Ashkenazi mtDNA K clusters into three subclades seldom found in non-Jews: K1a1b1a, K1a9, and K2a2a. Thus it is possible to detect three individual female ancestors, who were thought to be from a Hebrew/Levantine mtDNA pool, whose descendants lived in Europe.[10] A 2013 study however suggests these clades to instead originate from Western Europe.[11]

K appears to be highest in the Morbihan (17.5%) and Périgord-Limousin (15.3%) regions of France, and in Norway and Bulgaria (13.3%).[12] The level is 12.5% in Belgium, 11% in Georgia and 10% in Austria and Great Britain.[9]

Haplogroup K is also found among Gurage (10%),[8] Syrians (9.1%),[8] Afar (6.3%),[8] Zenata Berbers (4.11%),[13] Reguibate Sahrawi (3.70%),[13] Oromo (3.3%),[8] Iraqis (2.4%),[8] Saudis (0%-10.5%),[8] Yemenis (0%-9.8%),[8] and Algerians (0%-4.3%).[13]

Mtdna K was found in 0.9% of Beijing Han in a group of sampling

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Do you have the thread where you discuss this...sorry if its a burden then just ignore me.

@Elmestro Anyway I don't see how the 18th Dynasty is a Levanting Transplant if even Thuya has Sudani/Upper Egyptian alleles. Also the Egyptians intermarried with Levantines and then there's the Hyksos, so why jump to diffusionism when it could have come from more simple and localized circumstances...?

quote:
[QB

quote:

quote:

Zinck retrieved.

[/QB]

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Swenet:
quote:
https://images2.imgbox.com/d8/52/M7ZLPlhP_o.png

Just something to consider if you really want to investigate if this is R-V88 (goes for Askia, too, who says he suspects Tut has V88).

You have to look at the ISOGG tables and confirm that R1b1a2 was V88 at the time of this article. You can't assume that the writer did it's homework and got it right in the followup article.

https://isogg.org/tree/

Nomenclature changes, e.g. E-M2's position changed from E3a, to E1b1a to E1b1a1.

-

https://www.igenea.us/en/tutankhamun

As we know this European DNA testing company leaked what they had seen on a computer screen in a documentary on DNA analysis of Tut (I think Hawass team) of which the results were never published (Why ??). iGENEA claimed the above alleles were on the screen which was filmed in distracting motion and at times blurry. At the bottom of this Tutankhamen page which is still on their website they are selling testing kits.

Anyway the media then picked up on this. I am wondering how Reuters said

"The results showed that King Tut belonged to a genetic profile group, known as haplogroup R1b1a2, to which more than 50 percent of all men in Western Europe belong, indicating that they share a common ancestor.

Among modern-day Egyptians this haplogroup contingent is below 1 percent, according to iGENEA."

https://www.reuters.com/article/britain-tutankhamun-dna-idAFL3E7J135P20110801

How is it Cruciani said in 2010 R1b1a2 was a V88 clade and Reuters said in 2011 that iGENEA said Tut was R1b1a2

but iGENEA said it was M269 on their website

something is rotten in Denmark

If R1b1a2 aka V88 is correct then Reuters had the right Haplogroup yet were using the iGENEA description of R-M269 which was that is was basic European rather than this unique sub clade which has such high frequencies in Cameroon and significant frequencies in berbers of the Siwa oasis , Egypt

Perhaps iGENEA had first interpreted R1b1a2, Reuters made an article and then iGENEA changed it later to M269

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
I just don't see much support for Diffusionism/Transplants of non Egyptians sitting on the Throne of Kemet comfortably. Even the Hyksos and the Ta-Seti royals were subtle in their domination and did so through a gradual "Egyptianizing" process that took years. The Hyksos f-ked up by trying to monopolize power while the Ta-Seti royals were so subtle and good at it no one even knows they existed unless they look underneath the surface.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

and also the K

Tukuler
Member # 19944

quote:
Do you have the thread where you discuss this...sorry if its a burden then just ignore me.

No burden, itsa lifetime pastime to Each-One-Teach-One.
Who are my teachers? All of them are! I've learned something
from even the most backward troll and am glad to share back
and forth with anyone willing not toying. But exactly what's
the 'this' you wanna link up to?

quote:
@Elmestro Anyway I don't see how the 18th Dynasty is a Levanting Transplant if even Thuya has Sudani/Upper Egyptian alleles.
quote:

Um I wrote that for you and the forum. 'Stro seems to side with
Schuenemann on the Hawass Putsch Zinck Thuya autosome data worth being ignored.
But that's not his position though. Stro sees mtDNA K somehow tied to 'Nubian'
autosomes.

I guess a good start there is examining K in Upper Egypt/Nubia/Sudan.
There's no reason the K didn't come from the Levant. The question is
when. Thuya's K ancestress could go back 3-4 generations in which case
her autosomes'd be lost while her mtDNA haplogroup will go on as long
as daughters come out mothers.

I trust it and until shown false by data
I also accept Thuya being K provided both
she and Tut carry the same K, tho precision
would demand each Tut maternal ancestress
get the test. I imagine Gad probably uses
the same method and tools Schuenemann did
on either the 2010 samplings or new ones
of his own.

I got no beef with Levantine-Egyptians.
Doc Ben, Chancellor Wms, all o dem
taught Semitic speakers trickled then
floodgated into Egypt forever altering
the population of the land and nation.

--------------------

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member

ISOGG

-

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Sorry Thuya's Sudani Alleles..

quote:
quote:

the 'this' you wanna link up to?

quote:
@Elmestro Anyway I don't see how the 18th Dynasty is a Levanting Transplant if even Thuya has Sudani/Upper Egyptian alleles. [QUOTE]Originally posted by Tukuler:

Um I wrote that for you and the forum. 'Stro seems to side with
Schuenemann on the Hawass Putsch Zinck Thuya autosome data worth being ignored.
But that's not his position though. Stro sees mtDNA K somehow tied to 'Nubian'
autosomes.

I guess a good start there is examining K in Upper Egypt/Nubia/Sudan.
There's no reason the K didn't come from the Levant. The question is
when. Thuya's K ancestress could go back 3-4 generations in which case
her autosomes'd be lost while her mtDNA haplogroup will go on as long
as daughters come out mothers.

I trust it and until shown false by data
I also accept Thuya being K provided both
she and Tut carry the same K, tho precision
would demand each Tut maternal ancestress
get the test. I imagine Gad probably uses
the same method and tools Schuenemann did
on either the 2010 samplings or new ones
of his own.

I got no beef with Levantine-Egyptians.
Doc Ben, Chancellor Wms, all o dem
taught Semitic speakers trickled then
floodgated into Egypt forever altering
the population of the land and nation.

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The point about the one drop rule and all the "hype" about Levantine K lineages is this. If some Thuyas grand mom or great great grand mom was Levantine but the rest of the family was African then what? Are we going to say that Thuya is "Levantine"? Seriously? One great great grand mom makes you Levantine? That is absurd and that is what is going on here. Since MtDna and Y Male DNA gets passed down through multiple generations, the presence of a lineage does not imply continuous mixing.

Likewise a few "Levantine weavers" in Middle Kingdom or later Egypt does not make all of the Nile Valley Africans suddenly "Levantine transplants" either. This is the simplistic propaganda that is being put on display with all of these papers and some of the discussions taking place around them. Anything and everything to downplay African ancestry in the Nile valley.

Also, even if a pharaoh had children by foreign concubines we know the succession order was based on the great royal wife who always had to be of Sudani/Upper Egyptian ancestry. Both Thuya and Tiye fit that profile as did most of the Middle Kingdom and New Kingdom ruling families. God's Wife of Amun was a powerful institution tied to Kingship and Queenship both originating from further South and we know there was continuous flow of populations from the South. So any discussion about DNA from the Valley not reflecting that flow and purely being of "Levantine" extract is pretty much nonsense.

And beyond the Nile Valley populations there is always going to be the question of other African populations in the Sahara, Chad and into Central Africa.

Posts: 8897 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

If I'm allowed my own mind's opinion and can speak plain,
it's more the groundless specialness assigned to K.

Thuya doesn't go back to DYN 17. She's in the middle of DYN 18.
Who's her momma, and her momma's mama, in this K ascendancy?
Do we know of any her daughters descendants? Then don't know
when or where Thuya's K entered Egypt (if not aboriginal) or
into her family heritage or if it lived on or bred or died out
of royalty or nobility.

Jari got me thinking bout Siwa and now with your Sudani K
I have to bring up the relation between Saite DYN 26, Siwa
Oasis so far from the Nile, and banished DYN 25 prisoners
both martial and political.

Way back in the 70's Independent Afrikan scholarship
recognized the bulk of the population went from
continental African to the Levant-Continental
hybrids never to the 'pure' Levantine.

Go where the data leads.
Don't lead the data.

<<And don't you call call me no spade, spade.>>

You do want a Levantine AE.
You're allowed your opinion
but nothing points in that
direction and the Academe
has been pushing it ever
since Napoleon. Reisner
even de-Africanized the
Nubians.

Nothing indicates Levantines founding or peopling Egypt
beyond what's explored in Ase's threads on the Levatine
contribution to pre-Dynastic to 2nd Intermediate Egypt.
The two peoples recognized each other as of different
ancestry and only the ancient Lebanese wilfully
embraced ancient Egyptian culture and service
perhaps why Canaan is a son of Hham like Kush
and Egypt.

Please expand on your points to facilitate response to your
questioning. Why I say that? Straight from the mare's mouth:
However, we note that ALL OUR GENETIC DATA were obtained from
* a single site
* in Middle Egypt
* and may not be representative
* for all of ancient Egypt.
Clearly, more genetic studies on ancient human remains from
* southern Egypt
* and Sudan
are needed before apodictic statements can be made.

What caveats if any are other Egy mummy researchers making since 2017?

And I'll add this for the record.
Asiatic women in the Black/Ultimate Nation
did not begin with nor limited to
"weaver women".

quote:
quote:
quote:

@Tukuler, I'm referring to an SNP panel, and even if I were not, it still begs the question, with Thuya having a predominantly sudanese profile, what does that say about her maternal lineage & when did it enter the region? Does it call into question how historically Afican the Sudani profile is going back to the 17th dynasty? If not why and can you prove it with available data?

--------------------

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
https://images2.imgbox.com/43/a2/39Tomqoh_o.png

https://www.igenea.us/en/tutankhamun

As we know this European DNA testing company leaked what they had seen on a computer screen in a documentary on DNA analysis of Tut (I think Hawass team) of which the results were never published (Why ??). iGENEA claimed the above alleles were on the screen which was filmed in distracting motion and at times blurry. At the bottom of this Tutankhamen page which is still on their website they are selling testing kits.

Anyway the media then picked up on this. I am wondering how Reuters said

"The results showed that King Tut belonged to a genetic profile group, known as haplogroup R1b1a2, to which more than 50 percent of all men in Western Europe belong, indicating that they share a common ancestor.

Among modern-day Egyptians this haplogroup contingent is below 1 percent, according to iGENEA."

https://www.reuters.com/article/britain-tutankhamun-dna-idAFL3E7J135P20110801

How is it Cruciani said in 2010 R1b1a2 was a V88 clade and Reuters said in 2011 that iGENEA said Tut was R1b1a2

but iGENEA said it was M269 on their website

something is rotten in Denmark

If R1b1a2 aka V88 is correct then Reuters had the right Haplogroup yet were using the iGENEA description of R-M269 which was that is was basic European rather than this unique sub clade which has such high frequencies in Cameroon and significant frequencies in berbers of the Siwa oasis , Egypt

Perhaps iGENEA had first interpreted R1b1a2, Reuters made an article and then iGENEA changed it later to M269 [/qb]

I see you figured it out. Nice.

So at the very least we know the corrected article (reuters?) did its homework and carried its own weight. Any mistakes are not on their part.

If you want to continue this you can figure out if the designation was correct in the first place. You can use Y-STR tools and see if the answer they give is consistent with V88 or M269. If it indeed turns out to be R1b1a2-V8, and if you want to continue, you can use D'Anastasio's supplemental tree and yfull, to see if R1b1a2-V8 has Egyptian members in modern Egypt, or if all the V88 in modern Egypt is non-V8. Needless to say, if modern Egyptians have V8, it becomes much more convincing that Tut also had it.

But this all makes or breaks with whether the party (iGENEA?) who first announced Tut's lineage as 'R1b1a2', was correct in naming it that. If that person was not correct, or used some dated nomenclature (maybe in 2005 R1b-M269 was called R1b1a2), it doesn't matter that ISOGG had R1b1a2 as V88 in 2010.

Simple investigations like this is how you can get way ahead of anyone talking in opinions and hypotheticals (like the people who insist Tut must be R1b-M269).

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

If you want to continue this you can figure out if the designation was correct in the first place. You can use Y-STR tools and see if the answer they give is consistent with V88 or M269. If it indeed turns out to be R1b1a2-V8, and if you want to continue, you can use D'Anastasio's supplemental tree and yfull, to see if R1b1a2-V8 has Egyptian members in modern Egypt, or if all the V88 in modern Egypt is non-V8. Needless to say, if modern Egyptians have V8, it becomes much more convincing that Tut also had it.

But this all makes or breaks with whether the party (iGENEA?) who first announced Tut's lineage as 'R1b1a2', was correct in naming it that. If that person was not correct, or used some dated nomenclature (maybe in 2005 R1b-M269 was called R1b1a2), it doesn't matter that ISOGG had R1b1a2 as V88 in 2010.

Simple investigations like this is how you can get way ahead of anyone talking in opinions and hypotheticals.

I entered the alleles listed by iGENEA into NevGen and got R1b, but nothing more specific than that (i.e. I could not tell whether it was V88, M269, or something else). But given that iGENEA got their data from what could have been stock footage on a Discovery documentary, these may not necessarily be the alleles Tut etc. actually had.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7088 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

full table:

https://www.nature.com/articles/ejhg2009231/tables/1

article:

https://www.nature.com/articles/ejhg2009231

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by One Third African:
quote:

Simple investigations like this is how you can get way ahead of anyone talking in opinions and hypotheticals.

I entered the alleles listed by iGENEA into NevGen and got R1b, but nothing more specific than that (i.e. I could not tell whether it was V88, M269, or something else). But given that iGENEA got their data from what could have been stock footage on a Discovery documentary, these may not necessarily be the alleles Tut etc. actually had.
 -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr-HR-ckKX8

-

watch the video, maybe there is better resolution at the Discovery channel
but I'm looking at all these alleles listed by iGENEA
and wondering even on better video you can actually see all those numbers
Either they could see them all on better video, or they made some up, or they had an inside connection to the data and only pretended they say t all on this video

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
As I said in the other thread and for years, many people have tried HARD to make the Siwans less Berber or descendants of SS-African Slaves but they can't, the Siwans history of Isolation and intermarriage and genetics does'nt allow for that.

The modern Siwans are a good example of what their ancestors probably looked like.

I also think its interesting in light of what Swenet said about Chadian language being instrumental to the development of A.Egyptian.

Even the R-1b=European article Lioness posted HAS to admit that V88 is found high as hell in Chad and the Siwans.

Its interesting to me personally because of the thesis ive been pursuing for years(Hopefully I can one day publish something) about the Ta-Seti Royalty in Kemet, but this is pointing to another "SS-African" penetration into the Royalty of Kemet but from Lybia or the North.

Very interesting to say the least.

Just a caveat in relation to that source.

Based on some evidence (e.g. Mboli's work), the Egyptian affinities with Hausa don't seem to extend to Coptic (or not as much). In Mboli's tree for instance, Coptic is with Somali (among other 'nearby' inner African languages), while Middle Egyptian is with Hausa (among other inner African languages, some of which extremely distant from Egypt). One interpretation of this is that Coptic does not have the Chadic influences detected by Lexa (or not as strongly).

Relevance? It could be that the Chadic-Egyptian merger comment ascribed to Lexa in that paper, was specific to the Egyptian dialect mainly used by Middle Kingdom scribes and officials, not to dialects used by later (or earlier) dynasty founders with no connection to the 11th dynasty.

Other than Central African migration to MK Egypt affecting Middle Egyptian, I don't know what Lexa's comments mean for the Egyptian language as a whole (which also includes Late Egyptian, Archaic Egyptian, Coptic, etc).

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

https://www.livescience.com/15388-discovery-channel-tutankhamen-dna.html

Livescience

King Tut Related to Half of European Men? Maybe Not
By Stephanie Pappas August 03, 2011

A personal genomics company in Switzerland says they've reconstructed a DNA profile of King Tutankhamen by watching the Discovery Channel, claiming the results suggest more than half of Western European men are related to the boy king. But researchers who worked to decode Tut's genome in the first place say the claim is "unscientific."

Swiss genomics company iGENEA has launched a Tutankhamen DNA project based on what they say are genetic markers that appeared on a computer screen during a Discovery Channel special on the famous pharaoh's genetic lineage.

"Maybe they didn't know what they showed, but we got 16 markers from the Y chromosome from these pharaohs," Roman Scholz, the managing director of iGENEA, told LiveScience.

If the claims were true, it would put King Tut in a genetic profile group shared by more than half of Western European men. That would make those men relatives — albeit distant ones — of the pharaoh.

But Carsten Pusch, a geneticist at Germany's University of Tubingen who was part of the team that unraveled Tut's DNA from samples taken from his mummy and mummies of his family members, said that iGENEA's claims are "simply impossible." Pusch and his colleagues published part of their results, though not the Y-chromosome DNA, in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) in 2010. The Y chromosome is the sex chromosome found only in males, and looking at the genes in this chromosome would show Tut's male lineage.

Pusch's team used snippets of Y-chromosome DNA to link Tut to his closest relatives, identifying his mom and dad. But they didn't publish the full genetic data that would allow genomics companies like iGENEA to link modern people to the Tutankhamen lineage. According to Scholz, that crucial data is what appeared on the Discovery Channel.

"Dr. Albert Zink from the EURAC [European Academy of Bolzano, an independent research center] in Bolzano and co-author of the 2010 JAMA publication screened the footage and confirmed that the company acts very unscientific," Pusch wrote in an email to LiveScience. "The Swiss company did not try to get into contact with us prior to launching their new Internet page."

The alleged Discovery Channel markers put Tut in a genetic profile group, or haplogroup, that also includes more than half of the men in Western Europe. Scholz said the company is now searching for the closest living relatives of Tutankhamen, men who share all 16 genetic markers on the pharaoh's supposed Y chromosome. Exact matches get a refund for their $179 to $399 test and will also get free additional DNA analysis.

The haplogroup R1b1a2, which iGENEA claims includes King Tut, arose 9,500 years ago in the Black Sea region. How Tut's ancestors would have gotten from that region to Egypt is unknown, but Scholz said iGENEA hopes to learn more by collecting more close and exact matches from modern people of Western European descent.

"The better the match, the more recent the common ancestor," Scholz said.

But people hoping to prove that they've got an ancestor in common with the notoriously sickly boy king should take iGENEA's claims with a grain of salt, Pusch said: "It appears that they try to better sell their DNA testing kit by using the media attention connected to King Tut."

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Lioness:
"The confusing identity of R1b1a2"

There is no such thing as an identity to R1b1a2. M269 and V88, and so on, are the identities. The R1b1a2 part is the position. It's code for where the mutation falls within R. That is why new mutations like E-V38 can demote E-M2 from E1b1a to E1b1a1. That extra 1 behind it signifies a specific position that helps haplogroup enthusiasts visualize or illustrate the position of E-M2 relative to other mutations.

"not resolved by year"

It is not the New Year's transition that changes the R1b tree. It's work on the R1b tree by geneticists (and hobbyists) that changes the Y-DNA tree. And yes, sometimes geneticists still use dated nomenclature like E3b (which is now E1b1b). That doesn't mean organizations like ISOGG weren't set up for people to keep track of the changes.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Lioness:
"The confusing identity of R1b1a2"

There is no such thing as an identity to R1b1a2. M269 and V88, and so on, are the identities. The R1b1a2 part is the position. It's code for where the mutation falls within R. That is why new mutations like E-V38 can demote E-M2 from E1b1a to E1b1a1. That extra 1 behind it signifies a specific position that helps haplogroup enthusiasts visualize or illustrate the position of E-M2 relative to other mutations.

"not resolved by year"

It is not the New Year's transition that changes the R1b tree. It's work on the R1b tree by geneticists (and hobbyists) that changes the Y-DNA tree. And yes, sometimes geneticists still use dated nomenclature like E3b (which is now E1b1b). That doesn't mean organizations like ISOGG weren't set up for people to keep track of the changes.

-

R1b1b

are clades descendant of P297 including M269
the most common paternal clade in Europe

R1b1a

"a" at the end is V88, highest frequencies in Cameroon

M269 is not descendant of that branch

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Are you listening?

In the last decade V88 has been called everything from R1b* to R*, to R1b1* to R1b1c. In light of that, how can it help you to use a 2010 publication to name haplogroups in 2020?

Like I said, longhand designations are not identities; it can only be understood what they mean when you know the time of the publication.

From R1b's wiki:

quote:
R1b1a1a2 (R-M269) was previously R1b1a2, From 2003 to 2005, what is now R1b1a2 was designated R1b3. From 2005 to 2008, it was R1b1c. From 2008 to 2011, it was R1b1b2.
^Even these longhand designations (the ones wiki considered correct at the time of writing) may be dated now in 2020.

Anyway, the most important thing is you now know how to research Tut's haplogroup. That was why I commented.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Are you listening?

In the last decade V88 has been called everything from R1b* to R*, to R1b1* to R1b1c. In light of that, how can it help you to use a 2010 publication to name haplogroups in 2020?

Like I said, longhand designations are not identities; it can only be understood what they mean when you know the time of the publication.

From R1b's wiki:

quote:
R1b1a1a2 (R-M269) was previously R1b1a2, From 2003 to 2005, what is now R1b1a2 was designated R1b3. From 2005 to 2008, it was R1b1c. From 2008 to 2011, it was R1b1b2.
^Even these longhand designations may be dated now in 2020.

Anyway, the most important thing is you now know how to research Tut's haplogroup. That was why I commented.

-

do you see an problem with this that came out on 2011
and if so what problem?

do you see an problem with this being as is until now?

Setting aside the sketchy way they attained the information, assume the allele numbers that show here are correct, any problem with this?

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
As far as the reuters/iGENEA difference, it's not a matter of correct or incorrect. The wiki quote says R1b1a2 was M269 in the mid-2000s and later became associated with V88.

So, it's only a matter of what convention was used, the older or newer. That's why you go to ISOGG tables and look up what the convention was, in the year of the iGENEA publication talking about R1b1a2. It turns out they were using the longhand where R1b1a2 stands for M269. It was dated then, but they still used it. It's not incorrect, but it does give us more work in figuring out what they were doing.

The problem comes from how iGENEA knows R1b returned by Y-STR calculator is necessarily M269. If the calculator said R1b, then you can't spin that into M269, unless they know more than they are letting on.

Mansamusa
Member # 22474

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mansamusa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

With all due respect, the anxiety induced in the Black genetic blogosphere by the publication of ancient African DNA samples (or even rumors of these publications) linked to the Levant is becoming embarrassing at this point. Let's just throw away and ignore decades of Ancient Egyptian and African scholarship based on Eurocentric analysis of a limited number of ancient DNA samples, by historically illiterate Ancient DNA scientists.
Posts: 288 | From: Asia | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Mansamusa:
quote:

With all due respect, the anxiety induced in the Black genetic blogosphere by the publication of ancient African DNA samples (or even rumors of these publications) linked to the Levant is becoming embarrassing at this point. Let's just throw away and ignore decades of Ancient Egyptian and African scholarship based on Eurocentric analysis of a limited number of ancient DNA samples, by historically illiterate Ancient DNA scientists.
Nothing is being thrown away... which is exactly the problem.

Of course you are open to address the questions I asked in the thread earlier, if you think observation of relevant available genetic data not just in A.Egypt is "anxiety".

@Tukuler I find it weird that I have to expand on my points to facilitate responses to open ended questions. I don't think my point should even matter if you have an answer, especially if I'm wrong on the matter. Nonetheless I guess I should clarify, because I'm seeing things about one drop rules to people of the Levant forming Egypt, when none of that is even relevant nor my point.

Based on your comments I'm guessing you, like me, viewed major Levantine ancestry as more recent to the Nile valley (in relation to the formation of Kmt). My recurrent stance on the matter was that indigenous (North) African ancestry gradually became more and more obfuscated and hard to detect in more modern humans due to being absorbed by Non-Africans... And also due to us not having good representative samples of Ancient Africans. I believed that Ancient north Africa was on a West-East cline of related (ANA) ancestry, And this ancestry in it's pure form is "extinct," but would look like non-African(SSA) components when observed in extant populations. As a result when we see Nubians scoring ~50% Jordanian_EBA I can hypothesize, that the bulk of that Ancestry is actually indigenous African DNA.

Right now I've arrived at a fork. If a born commoner from upper Egypt happened to carry a Levantine marker by the 18th dynasty, I feel its safe for someone regardless of their biases to inquire about it's commonplace. If thuya's Autosome resembled that of contemporary Nubaians but she carried K1 since way back then, This calls into question how I previously viewed This supposed levantine portion of the Nubian genome. If I was to say that Thuya's K1 is devorced from her actual Levantine ancestry (autosomally) then I'd have to push K1 back a few generations in Egypt. On the flip side, if her K1 is more recent, then her Autosome speaks to that of one who has actual substantial levantine ancestry. The latter will be reflected in many populations who inadvertently show admixture from the near east, such as the Ancient east African pastoralist, who without a doubt SHOULD have egyptian ancestry, The christian nubian samples who should have AEgyptian ancestry, the abusir mummies who should have AEgyptian ancestry, and the contemporary North East African populations.

It's just me making sense of what we have available genetically. This has nothing to do with me wanting anything. And at this point this has nothing to do with the culture or the people responsible for forming A.Egypt. I'm specifically theorizing about the Authenticity and role that ACTUAL near Eastern ancestry played in the region Starting with Thuya. It needs to be addressed.

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
I basically believe that even if no further data became available genetically we should be able to model ancient North African populations as a cline geographically and temporally between Africa and the Levant. Meaning there should be shared lineages between North Africa and the Levant and temporally the cline would skew more towards Africa as the source of said clinal relationships the further you go back and as you come forward in time the cline would skew to the Levant as the origin of more lineages but there still would be echoes of the previous lineages mixed in as well and some that may no longer be detectable. Disentangling what was where when is a good exercise in determining the accuracy and validity of genetic modelling based on extant populations, but beyond that this shouldn't be an either or scenario. North Africa and the Nile are historic corridors of migration between Africa and the Mediterranean and vice versa and most people aren't in disagreement with that for the most part. Historical baggage around the population origin of the ancient people of Kemet aside, this really shouldn't be as complex as some folks make it out to be.
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:
I basically believe that even if no further data became available genetically we should be able to model ancient North African populations as a cline geographically and temporally between Africa and the Levant. Meaning there should be shared lineages between North Africa and the Levant and temporally the cline would skew more towards Africa as the source of said clinal relationships the further you go back and as you come forward in time the cline would skew to the Levant as the origin of more lineages but there still would be echoes of the previous lineages mixed in as well and some that may no longer be detectable. Disentangling what was where when is a good exercise in determining the accuracy and validity of genetic modelling based on extant populations, but beyond that this shouldn't be an either or scenario. North Africa and the Nile are historic corridors of migration between Africa and the Mediterranean and vice versa and most people aren't in disagreement with that for the most part. Historical baggage around the population origin of the ancient people of Kemet aside, this really shouldn't be as complex as some folks make it out to be.

SMH. It is amazing that many members of this group continues to ignore archaeology. There is no "accuracy and validity of genetic modelling" without archaeology because the native populations in these areas have been replaced in the last 3000 years.

If members of this group investigated the archaeology of the Levant, the Caucasus and Mediterranean areas they would see that these areas were colonized by Kushites. Thusly, the so-called Eurasian genes are African genes.

You guys keep waiting for Europeans and their black lackeys to tell the truth about African Phylogeography. It will never happen because if Europeans tell the truth about African Phylogeography they would have no history. SMH

--------------------
C. A. Winters

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rain King
STAY BANNED!
Member # 23236

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rain King         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

I agree! With every genetic study the "black genetic blogsphere" (greatphrase) comes with these WILD baselss theories that essentially hinge on the racialiszation of haplogroups. It's utterly ridiculous.

Linguistics - Black African languages(Bantu mostly)

Anthropology - A wide range of Black African variability with some having overlapping features with non Africans whom descend from them (gee I wonder why genetics would not say the same thing).

Archaeology - Keita makes it clear that there is NO EVIDENCE of a dynastic race theory, and they were thus indigenous Africans

Genetics - The baby of the group that suffers horribly from coded racialized ideology. Nothing found yet has presented any sort of narrative based on any consistency in results.

Culture - We already know from other threads that the culture was closely related to Bantoid populations.

-

King Tut was found to be R1b V-88, and the highest concentration of this is found in Central West Africa;

-

Are there any racial implications of his maternal haplogroup K? Since some of you went right into this notion that these carriers and women of black African descent are mutual exclusive then please provide a phenotype of those people associated with the haplogroup (since that is what you all are low key trying to emphasize), since we can assume that these were not simply black African people living in the neighboring Levant). What I'm getting at is....genetics which has nothing to do with race being inserted into a conversation that has EVERYTHING to do with race is completely asinine.

If a white devaluer were to come and say see the ancient Egyptians were not black, BECAUSE they have this and that haplogroup who is so DUMB that they would allow them to slide with equating race with haplogroups? That's what you want us to fear right? Giving the Devaluers ammo to deny ancient Kemet's blackness?

Anyway what does this haplogroup's identification have to do with the other peer reviewed findings that they were most closely related to Super Saharan Africans?

-

Like what in the Hell are we arguing here?

-
 -

In my opinion for what it's worth...there is a conspiracy to switch the goal post to genetics, because the white boys were getting their backs blown out in these debates by black scholars in the 1990's using all of the other forms of evidence. When people on this board completely disregard that white people are obsessed WITH LYING about this particular subject, and take everything that they put out at face value....you have to be complicit in the fukkery! The race of the Kemites is NOT up for debate, so this BIG BANAZA every time some BS is pushed out is an online minstrel show.

Posts: 160 | From: Ga | Registered: Jun 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we please get BACK on track and focus on addressing the DATA at hand or I'll start taking action. Jesus Christ can people please stay on topic?
Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Punos_Rey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Askia.

--------------------
 -

Meet on the Level, act upon the Plumb, part on the Square.

Posts: 574 | From: Guinee | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HeartofAfrica
New
Member # 23268

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HeartofAfrica   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

That's what it comes down to at this point. It's the 2017 playbook all over again.

--------------------
"Nothing hurts a racist more than the absolute truth and a punch to the face"

Posts: 101 | From: United States | Registered: Aug 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Rain King:

King Tut was found to be R1b V-88, and the highest concentration of this is found in Central West Africa;

The new article is in preprint stage , not published yet in a final version, they said R1b but have not yet indicated V88 (and I read the whole things to check)

"It says The Royal male lineage was the Y-chromosome
haplogroup R1b
that was passed from
the grandparent [Amenhotep III]
to the father [KV55, Akhenaten]
to the grandchild [Tutankhamen]...

The maternal lineage,
the mitochondrial haplogroup K,
extended from the great-grandmother [Thuya] to
the grandmother [KV35 Elder lady, Queen Tiye]
to the yet historically-unidentified
mother [KV35 Younger lady] to Tutankhamen (38, 55)."

That is three kings,

Amenhotep III

Akhenaten

Tutankhamen

It says R1b but has not yet specified the clade of R1b

Here we have Amenhotep III

-

and it seems probable that the clade V88 of R1b might be the clade since some of the the Siwa in Egypt carry that clade as well as haplogroup K found in the maternal line of these kings. Note that in Cameroon with some very high frequencies of R1b-V88 the maternal side is L not K as in some of the Siwas

beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This study here has a few hundred STR profiles from populations in the Lake Chad Basin. Many or which are V88 no doubt.

https://academic.oup.com/mbe/article/28/9/2491/1008437

'Someone' could take a look at the supplemental.....run some of the V88 STR results through Whit Athey, Nevgen, or other predictors and see if it differentiates "V88" from a generic "R1b".

Again, someone can do it, but not me.

Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mansamusa
Member # 22474

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mansamusa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nothing is being thrown away... which is exactly the problem.

Of course you are open to address the questions I asked in the thread earlier, if you think observation of relevant available genetic data not just in A.Egypt is "anxiety".

@Tukuler I find it weird that I have to expand on my points to facilitate responses to open ended questions. I don't think my point should even matter if you have an answer, especially if I'm wrong on the matter. Nonetheless I guess I should clarify, because I'm seeing things about one drop rules to people of the Levant forming Egypt, when none of that is even relevant nor my point.

Based on your comments I'm guessing you, like me, viewed major Levantine ancestry as more recent to the Nile valley (in relation to the formation of Kmt). My recurrent stance on the matter was that indigenous (North) African ancestry gradually became more and more obfuscated and hard to detect in more modern humans due to being absorbed by Non-Africans... And also due to us not having good representative samples of Ancient Africans. I believed that Ancient north Africa was on a West-East cline of related (ANA) ancestry, And this ancestry in it's pure form is "extinct," but would look like non-African(SSA) components when observed in extant populations. As a result when we see Nubians scoring ~50% Jordanian_EBA I can hypothesize, that the bulk of that Ancestry is actually indigenous African DNA.

Right now I've arrived at a fork. If a born commoner from upper Egypt happened to carry a Levantine marker by the 18th dynasty, I feel its safe for someone regardless of their biases to inquire about it's commonplace. If thuya's Autosome resembled that of contemporary Nubaians but she carried K1 since way back then, This calls into question how I previously viewed This supposed levantine portion of the Nubian genome. If I was to say that Thuya's K1 is devorced from her actual Levantine ancestry (autosomally) then I'd have to push K1 back a few generations in Egypt. On the flip side, if her K1 is more recent, then her Autosome speaks to that of one who has actual substantial levantine ancestry. The latter will be reflected in many populations who inadvertently show admixture from the near east, such as the Ancient east African pastoralist, who without a doubt SHOULD have egyptian ancestry, The christian nubian samples who should have AEgyptian ancestry, the abusir mummies who should have AEgyptian ancestry, and the contemporary North East African populations.

It's just me making sense of what we have available genetically. This has nothing to do with me wanting anything. And at this point this has nothing to do with the culture or the people responsible for forming A.Egypt. I'm specifically theorizing about the Authenticity and role that ACTUAL near Eastern ancestry played in the region Starting with Thuya. It needs to be addressed.

It certainly is anxiety. The kind of anxiety induced from adopting the shabby approach of the largely White genetic blogosphere, who have declared traditional historical and archaeological data and scholarship as outdated.

What on earth is so remarkable about a royal from the 18th dynasty having a haplogroup that is not typically SSA? Do we not already know that this 18th dynasty mummy is like two generations removed from the Hyksos period?

Are you really arguing that some random K haplogroup from the Bronze Age is better explained by a mass Israeli migration in the neolithic period into the Nile Valley (for which there is not a scrap of evidence) than by the well-documented intermarriage of Asiatics into Egypt from since the end of the Middle Kingdom period to the end of the Second Intermediate period?

Posts: 288 | From: Asia | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com