EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » The Race of the Ancient Egyptians (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: The Race of the Ancient Egyptians
Celt
Member # 13774

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
quote:
Originally posted by Celt:
Of course I don't believe the Greeks are a racially pure people considering the location of Greece and the interactions they had with numerous peoples over the centuries.

The real question is, who hasn't.

Are the Celts racially pure?

I doubt that they are. At least not as they were centuries ago.
Posts: 197 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...and the list of racially pure?

quote:

Produce a list if you will of racially 'pure' peoples.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celt
Member # 13774

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've compiled a list of racially pure people below.

Posts: 197 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celt
Member # 13774

Rate Member
There's even a considerable amount of the Icelandic population that have dark hair and dark eyes. I personally don't believe those traits to be intrinsic to those people centuries earlier, even though you have people that like to think that they are racially pure.
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sundiata:
^LOL, I hear ya.. He or she isn't being very responsive at all(let aside bringing anything of any substance), so you indeed have a point there..

LOL...I'm actually working on a classic car right now and don't desire to get into with you.But it is nice to take a break once in a while and come to this forum for some amusement. Your desire to impose an ideology of what you wish had taken place doesn't do anything to enforce the real facts whatever they may be.
Once more you have evaded my direct questioning and instead of offering evidence for your faith-based claims, you merely cop-out by feigning amusement. No one here declared any particular ideology, we are focusing on facts and how these facts pertain to the evidence. You however, have provided nothing of worth and I never asked you about any classic cars, we're engaged in an entirely different discussion. Did you review the relevant literature that I've provided for you, if so, what is your opinion on it and do you have a rebuttal? If not, why are you commenting? In what way are you being productive and what is your goal here? Again, refer to my sources please, I'm not concerned about your life or world view, only the facts.

Early Nile Valley Farmers, From El-Badari, Aboriginals or “European” Agro-Nostratic Immigrants? Craniometric Affinities Considered With Other Data

Population Continuity or Population Change: Formation of the Ancient Egyptian State

quote:
quote:
quote:
Of course I don't believe the Greeks are a racially pure people considering the location of Greece and the interactions they had with numerous peoples over the centuries.

I doubt that they are. At least not as they were centuries ago.
Why would they have been more "pure" centuries ago and what is the basis for your doubt? Seems a bit arbitrary, no?

quote:
There's even a considerable amount of the Icelandic population that have dark hair and dark eyes. I personally don't believe those traits to be intrinsic to those people centuries earlier, even though you have people that like to think that they are racially pure.

I hope that you're not implying that blond hair and blue eyes indicate "purity"? While you accuse others of whatever ideologies, it's ironic that you don't realize your own Nazi influenced ideology in which you contribute to the topic.
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celt
Member # 13774

Rate Member
Since brown eyes are a dominant trait, why then are there blue eyed people?
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^Recent mutations, natural or artificial selection, and drift, why shouldn't there be? What does this have to do with "race" or "racial purity"?
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celt
Member # 13774

Rate Member
I don't think you realize the signifigant points that can be made by answering the question.
Sundjata
Member # 13096

^Well I'm calling your bluff and I am still waiting for answers.. [Roll Eyes]
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

In which case racial purity - which you brought up - is actually irrelevant.

Next question, if there is no racial purity, can there be racial mixture?

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celt
Member # 13774

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

In which case racial purity - which you brought up - is actually irrelevant.

Next question, if there is no racial purity, can there be racial mixture?

I believe it's true that certain groups being isolated for long periods of time most definitely developed traits intrinsically specific to those groups. That is why we can pick a blonde hair and blue eyed individual out of a group of Nigerians that have an ancestral lineage that is indigenous to Africa going back thousands and thousands of years.

I really don't know how we can define those differences considering they are really superficial and not a necessary requirement for procreation inside or outside of anyones so-called race.

Nice Vidadavida *sigh*
Member # 13372

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nice Vidadavida *sigh*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Why are you showing pictures of Arab and probably Indian mixed Somalis and comparing them to sudanese
Somali have less Arab ancestry than Sudanese and no Indian ancestry.

I see you are still doing your passive aggressor clown act, where you make false statements and try to hide them in fake-questions.

What a tiresome little troll you are.

You need to get a second act.

Bullshiit these people dont look at all African you are just an African American that has never stepped foot in Africa and don't know how many damn Arabs and Indians are in East and the horn of Africa.

Dudette do you really think those haplomaps have ALL THE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD DNA TESTED?!?!?

I know you aren't this dense Rasol. Somalis have tons of Arab blood why do you think they hate themselves so much and Indian blood as well. There are millions of Somalis and not ALL of them have been DNA tested not even CLOSE.

You are going WAY over board with this new found toy of genetics dude. Give it a rest and think more sanely.

Posts: 336 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nice Vidadavida *sigh*:
quote:
quote:
Why are you showing pictures of Arab and probably Indian mixed Somalis and comparing them to sudanese
Somali have less Arab ancestry than Sudanese and no Indian ancestry.

I see you are still doing your passive aggressor clown act, where you make false statements and try to hide them in fake-questions.

What a tiresome little troll you are.

You need to get a second act.

Bullshiit these people dont look at all African you are just an African American that has never stepped foot in Africa and don't know how many damn Arabs and Indians are in East and the horn of Africa.

Dudette do you really think those haplomaps have ALL THE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD DNA TESTED?!?!?

I know you aren't this dense Rasol. Somalis have tons of Arab blood why do you think they hate themselves so much and Indian blood as well. There are millions of Somalis and not ALL of them have been DNA tested not even CLOSE.

You are going WAY over board with this new found toy of genetics dude. Give it a rest and think more sanely.

Instead of getting our knickers all twisted in a knot. [Big Grin] there is a simple way of looking at this. (Me and my simple mind) The "Eurocentrics" want to claim AE; the AFROAMERICANS [Big Grin] want to claim AE as their own. The Arabs own it and is making money(tourism). The simpliest solution is to ask how do the AE view themselves. When we ask them, what do they say? I am new to this but if the Gates of Men is true. They look at themselves as Black as other African. They painted themselves Black in pics on walls etc. Some had bantu features (need for a better term, some had E African featurs. To sum up they considered themselves black. Conclusion they are Black Africans. End of story. [Cool]
Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nice Vidadavida *sigh*
Member # 13372

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nice Vidadavida *sigh*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^^^this is a good post, but a lot of people would say alot of the images look non-black especially all the whitish-yellow and yellow paintings of people. And they could be proto-non blacks due to evolution etc.

I am still undecided I am trying to figure out the tropical body plan stuff.

Posts: 336 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^^Trying to decide what?

Why is it so hard to just accept that medium to dark brown skin people are the ORIGINAL inhabitants of the Nile Valley. It is NONSENSE to act as if there is SOME OTHER description for the ORIGINAL inhabitants of this region...

Posts: 8897 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nice Vidadavida *sigh*
Member # 13372

Rate Member
Because there is no evidence of Egyptian skin color from bones Doug.

I really truley think you Afrocentrics are hiding something and I just haven't been able to pin-point it because as I have said I am not that knowledgable about anthropology.

That doesn't stop my intelligence and intuition that something is fishy here.

Can you please just show examples of this "tropical body plan" that is supposed to prove Egyptians to be "blacks".

If you don't want to Doug than just say you don't want to don't ask me questions because that tells me you are evading.

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I really truley think you Afrocentrics are hiding something and I just haven't been able to pin-point it because as I have said I am not that knowledgable about anthropology.

Can you please just show examples of this "tropical body plan" that is supposed to prove Egyptians to be "blacks".

If you don't want to Doug than just say you don't want to don't ask me questions because that tells me you are evading.

But if there is no skin color on bones why are you so OBSESSED with it? Can you please tell me why Africans born in Africa with AFRICAN blood would NOT look like OTHER AFRICANS and share FEATURES with Africans, which includes DARK SKIN? Are you on the same planet or are you on Mars, thinking that Egyptians were NOT Africans? Given all of the EVIDENCE showing that the Egyptians WERE AFRICANS and LIKE OTHER AFRICANS, I think it should be viewed as NONSENSE that they would look like ANYTHING ELSE other than Africans.
Posts: 8897 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
songhai
Member # 13721

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for songhai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But if there is no skin color on bones why are you so OBSESSED with it? -- Doug M
I think the obsession is with what he perceives to be afrocentrism, and proving them wrong about AE being an african(black) civilization.

Apparently, Vida isn't aware that the late Dr. Diop had attempted to perform melanin tests on the bones but his access was blocked. Such tests would be icing on the cake and only serve to silence the most committed skeptics.

Sometimes, however, I think no amount of evidence would satisfy some people.

Posts: 74 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh* [Embarrassed] It is only only inevitable that a thread having for its title, "race of ancient Egyptians" would go on pages later with the same nonsense that has been refuted millions of times before.

quote:

LOL...I'm actually working on a classic car right now and don't desire to get into with you.But it is nice to take a break once in a while and come to this forum for some amusement. Your desire to impose an ideology of what you wish had taken place doesn't do anything to enforce the real facts whatever they may be.

In other words, more excuses (whether real or not) for not providing us any answers. It's only expected, Hore. [Wink]
quote:

The only bullshit being spouted here is from YOU! YOU are the one who either hasn't set foot in Africa or has somehow remained confined to one spot to make such ignorant claims that Somalis (because of their features) are some how "mixed". You obviously need to get acqainted with the indigenous diversity of Africa. Also Rasol is not African American but African. He is also male, but you already know that and choose to demean him by referring to him as female (because you are continually frustrated by his intelligent answers while all you offer is stupidity). LOL

But then again what do I excpect from a guy who says Cyrus the Great was a religious messiah figure comparable to Osiris or Jesus, or the fact that you cannot accept that 'black' is a reference to skin color which is why people from India who are the same complexion as those from Nigeria are still 'black'. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

^^^this is a good post, but a lot of people would say alot of the images look non-black especially all the whitish-yellow and yellow paintings of people.

First of all, there are no "whitish-yellow" paintings, unless you are referring to portraits where the paint is whethered away (?).

Second, "yellow" was usually (but not always) used for females as a kind of symbolic convention. That does not mean that was their true color, as many women in ancient Southern European art were portrayed as stark white in contrast to the dark men.

quote:
And they could be proto-non blacks due to evolution etc.
Ridiculous. All non-blacks appeared outside of Africa-- particularly north of the tropical latitudes. Egypt is in Africa in a subtropical to tropical area.

quote:
I am still undecided I am trying to figure out the tropical body plan stuff.
What is there to "figure out". Tropical body plan is when the body is structured in a way to dissipate heat like long limbs to torso body proportions etc. Peoples adapted to a tropical climate have such body types, especially in areas with lots of sun exposure. Thus people from the Sahel to Sudan and even Somalia have what is known as extra-tropical body plans (once called "super-negroid build" by scientists).
quote:

True, but we have plenty of evidence from artwork showing the Egyptians true color (as has been presented in this thread). Unless you are denial of that also.

quote:
LMAO Not all of us here are even of African ancestry, let alone "afrocentrics". And no one is "hiding" anything. On the contrary, we have been pretty open with information are constantly providing facts and evidence.

I really think your mind isn't comprehending anything we tell you though, which is why you haven't been to pin-point anything and are not knowledgeable at all in anything, not Africa or religion. [Wink]

quote:
That's the problem, you seem to have no intelligence or intuition. And what's fishy is your claim of being a person of African descent.

quote:
I have a coply of the Gay Robins and Schute study in my pc, but unfortunately I'm away from home right now.

Here are two studies: Variation in ancient Egyptian stature and body proportions and Human body mass estimation: A comparison of "Morphometric" and "Mechanical" Methods

Although I doubt it will change your mind, loser.

quote:
No, but your mind has evaded you a long time ago. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Originally posted by Nice Vidadavida Because there is no evidence of Egyptian skin color from bones Doug.
According to anthropologist Loring Brace, there is a correlation between between tropical body plan and dark skin pigmentation.

quote:
Can you please just show examples of this "tropical body plan" that is supposed to prove Egyptians to be "blacks
Because dark skin is a component of a tropical body blan.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^ Which makes sense, considering that body plan corresponds to heat while skin color corresponds to UV exposure-- two different things.

--------------------
Mahirap gisingin ang nagtutulog-tulugan.

Sundjata
Member # 13096

I'd think it logical to assume that people adapted(skeletally) to tropical environments are more than likely to have dark skin pigment approaching those of other adjacent populations in the tropics(especially as it concerns Africa).. It may not be definitive, but it can and should be used as a line of evidence to assess the probability.. The fact that Brace seems to concur(according to Rasol) demonstrates this..

quote:
Originally posted by songhai:
quote:
But if there is no skin color on bones why are you so OBSESSED with it? -- Doug M
I think the obsession is with what he perceives to be afrocentrism, and proving them wrong about AE being an african(black) civilization.

Apparently, Vida isn't aware that the late Dr. Diop had attempted to perform melanin tests on the bones but his access was blocked. Such tests would be icing on the cake and only serve to silence the most committed skeptics.

Actually, I believe Diop performed a series of tests on Dynastic mummies by way of the epidermis. His conclusions were suggestive of a melanin level consistent with those of tropical Africa and inconsistent with what is commonly observed among those of European ancestry.

Criticisms vary I guess.. Here is one critique from a French Bioanthropologist that I got from the Nile Valley forum..

quote:
"thus the use of an apparatus of spectrophotometry to measure the cutaneous melanin is ancient among the anthropologists (Harrison and Owen 1956), and to claim the histological search for this melanin on the mummies has been proposed for a long time (Ruffer 1909, Simandl 1928), although it is technically difficult [... ] the skin of the mummies is often deteriorated by the caustic baths of natron, and by the bitumen coating which gives them this black colour that does not owe anything to the pigmentation. Since all the human populations synthesize melanin(only the fine provision of the grains of pigments or mélanosomes is variable), it would be necessary to practise studies in electronic microscopy which, to my knowledge, have never been done, and to choose a wide range of human skins at various stages of tanning. It would moreover be necessary to make them undergo, so that the comparison would be valid, a mummification. Lam (1994, p. 10), would be in trouble to prove its assertion according to which "the analysis of the melanin of some Egyptian mummies revealed that they had the same rate as the current Negroes", this proof not being contained in the writings of Diop which it refers to."
However, Diop seemed to be aware of such criticisms, claiming that melanocytes penetrating the derm, at the boundary of the epidermis still gave the same results, regardless of the fact that the epidermis is most likely compromised due to embalming. But of course nowadays, electron microscopy would indeed be the most sufficient way to attain such results.
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Anyway more TRUTH:

-

From: http://www.globalegyptianmuseum.org/detail.aspx?id=5007

-
And for those who don't think that Egyptologists are in denial, note this comment on the statue:
quote:

The broad, flat face must be an idealized depiction, as we cannot imagine this to be a portrait.

Why not, is it too.... African?
From: http://www.globalegyptianmuseum.org/detail.aspx?id=5254

-

From: http://www.globalegyptianmuseum.org/detail.aspx?id=4795

-

From: http://www.globalegyptianmuseum.org/detail.aspx?id=9329

-
From: http://www.globalegyptianmuseum.org/detail.aspx?id=9324

-
From: http://www.globalegyptianmuseum.org/detail.aspx?id=9416

Note the difference from the one you often see on the web from the Louvre:

-
From: http://www.louvre.fr/llv/oeuvres/detail_notice.jsp?CONTENT%3C%3Ecnt_id=10134198673225339&CURRENT_LLV_NOTICE%3C%3Ecnt_id=10134198673225339&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=9852723696500807&bmU ID=1184113963395&bmLocale=en

Rameses II:

-
From: http://www.globalegyptianmuseum.org/detail.aspx?id=13983

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
quote:
quote:
...Nevermind the ancient Egyptians depiction of Queen Nefertiti.

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/nefertiti.htm

What about it?

-
Nefertiti...

Yeah, and don't forget...

-

-

-

-

-

^ Now whether the above looks "100% negroid" or not is silly and specious. However, I will say that one person of Somali descent one time said that the features shown above and definitely the reconstruction of Fletcher's mummy look just like that of a Somali [East African (black)] woman.

And, concerning the Amarna "style" of portraiture, it seems that art mirrored reality:

-

This from National Geographic who say they may have identified Akhenaten's body based on the peculiar shape of his head, which is similar to Tutankhamen's.

From: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/06/photogalleries/tut-pictures/index.html

songhai
Member # 13721

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for songhai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sudiata

Thanks for that bit of info.

Posts: 74 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
songhai
Member # 13721

Rate Member
Can anyone tell me how to edit a post after the fact? I messed up my previous one.

P.S.

Ignore this request. I figured it out.

King_Scorpion
Member # 4818

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for King_Scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WTF is a proto-non Black? Little verbal gymnastics huh?
Posts: 1219 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nice Vidadavida *sigh*
Member # 13372

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nice Vidadavida Because there is no evidence of Egyptian skin color from bones Doug.
According to anthropologist Loring Brace, there is a correlation between between tropical body plan and dark skin pigmentation.

quote:
Can you please just show examples of this "tropical body plan" that is supposed to prove Egyptians to be "blacks

Ok now can you PLEASE show me what a tropical body plan looks like?

I am DYING to know.

Obelisk_18
Member # 11966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Obelisk_18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

I am DYING to know.

Lol.... it's a dark skinned person babe, whos adapted, pigment and limb ratio wise, to a warm, tropical environment. Like Africans [Big Grin]
Posts: 447 | From: Somewhere son... | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nice Vidadavida *sigh*
Member # 13372

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:
quote:

But if there is no skin color on bones why are you so OBSESSED with it? Can you please tell me why Africans born in Africa with AFRICAN blood would NOT look like OTHER AFRICANS and share FEATURES with Africans, which includes DARK SKIN? Are you on the same planet or are you on Mars, thinking that Egyptians were NOT Africans? Given all of the EVIDENCE showing that the Egyptians WERE AFRICANS and LIKE OTHER AFRICANS, I think it should be viewed as NONSENSE that they would look like ANYTHING ELSE other than Africans.
Oh no it is very loud and clear that Egyptians are African. The point of contention is if they are black because if this north African here:

-

..is E3b haplotype you can FORGET a black Egypt because this is no negroid NO SIR..YOU CAN PACK UP BUDDY and FORGET IT do you hear..FORGET IT!!!!!!!!!! [Mad]

Nice Vidadavida *sigh*
Member # 13372

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Sundiata:
I'd think it logical to assume that people adapted(skeletally) to tropical environments are more than likely to have dark skin pigment approaching those of other adjacent populations in the tropics(especially as it concerns Africa).. It may not be definitive, but it can and should be used as a line of evidence to assess the probability.. The fact that Brace seems to concur(according to Rasol) demonstrates this..

quote:
Originally posted by songhai:
quote:

Actually, I believe Diop performed a series of tests on Dynastic mummies by way of the epidermis. His conclusions were suggestive of a melanin level consistent with those of tropical Africa and inconsistent with what is commonly observed among those of European ancestry.

Criticisms vary I guess.. Here is one critique from a French Bioanthropologist that I got from the Nile Valley forum..

quote:
"thus the use of an apparatus of spectrophotometry to measure the cutaneous melanin is ancient among the anthropologists (Harrison and Owen 1956), and to claim the histological search for this melanin on the mummies has been proposed for a long time (Ruffer 1909, Simandl 1928), although it is technically difficult [... ] the skin of the mummies is often deteriorated by the caustic baths of natron, and by the bitumen coating which gives them this black colour that does not owe anything to the pigmentation. Since all the human populations synthesize melanin(only the fine provision of the grains of pigments or mélanosomes is variable), it would be necessary to practise studies in electronic microscopy which, to my knowledge, have never been done, and to choose a wide range of human skins at various stages of tanning. It would moreover be necessary to make them undergo, so that the comparison would be valid, a mummification. Lam (1994, p. 10), would be in trouble to prove its assertion according to which "the analysis of the melanin of some Egyptian mummies revealed that they had the same rate as the current Negroes", this proof not being contained in the writings of Diop which it refers to."
However, Diop seemed to be aware of such criticisms, claiming that melanocytes penetrating the derm, at the boundary of the epidermis still gave the same results, regardless of the fact that the epidermis is most likely compromised due to embalming. But of course nowadays, electron microscopy would indeed be the most sufficient way to attain such results.

^^interesting I didn't know this.
Nice Vidadavida *sigh*
Member # 13372

Rate Member
quote:
I have a coply of the Gay Robins and Schute study in my pc, but unfortunately I'm away from home right now.

Here are two studies: Variation in ancient Egyptian stature and body proportions and Human body mass estimation: A comparison of "Morphometric" and "Mechanical" Methods

Although I doubt it will change your mind, loser.

Ok, losers are kids in their early 20's who spend their summers inside and online on a forum arguing with people about cultures that have nothing to do with them rather than partying and being obsessed with women as normal heterosexual MEN are in their early 20's(especially in college) *clearing throat*.

Now as far as these web links the first one needed a password to enter were you aware of this?

All I want to see is some comparisons of sub saharan African skeletons and Egyptian skeletons and non African skeletons to actually SEE for myself what this tropical body plan is.

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:
quote:

Oh no it is very loud and clear that Egyptians are African. The point of contention is if they are black because if this north African here:

-

..is E3b haplotype you can FORGET a black Egypt because this is no negroid NO SIR..YOU CAN PACK UP BUDDY and FORGET IT do you hear..FORGET IT!!!!!!!!!! [Mad]

First, he is not Egyptian. Second his phenotype and body proportions are not tropical. Therefore, FIRST why don't YOU go find out what tropically adapted is and THEN ask YOURSELF why your post is absolute nonsense. If you are saying that Zidane is an example of a tropically adapted African then you are a retard, PERIOD.

I think you actually believe you are SERIOUS, which is sad.

Nice Vidadavida *sigh*
Member # 13372

Rate Member
He is North African and why is his body plan not Tropical how can you tell? This is why I want to see what a tropical body plan is Doug jeeesh will you just fucking show it to me dammit!!!!!!!
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Vida, it is BIOLOGY. Humans develop features such as body plans and phenotype based on environmental characteristics. Tropical means adapted to the temperature and environment of the TROPICS, which is SOUTH of Northern Africa. The ORIGINAL POPULATIONS of Africa CAME FROM THIS REGION. They did NOT ORIGINATE in a TEMPERATE, meaning mild or cool environment. Tropical adaptation is responsible for DARK SKIN because DARK SKIN can absorb more UV radiation. Temperate climates produce less dark skin and EXTREME COLD produce PALE SKIN in order to counteract the LACK of UV. Coastal North Africa is NOT TROPICAL, however, it is CLOSER to a tropical environment than northern Europe. Such an environment DOES NOT produce WHITE SKIN.

Therefore, when one says that the ancient Egyptians were TROPICALLY adapted, it means that they had FEATURES inherited from populations who ORIGINATED in areas in and around the TROPICS. Africa STRADDLES the tropics and THIS is why MOST Africans are dark skinned. The point being made, therefore, is that the ORIGINAL populations RETAINED the characteristics of those TROPICALLY adapted, i.e. BLACK Africans along the NIle and in the Sahara from which the Egyptian population DERIVED from. This IS EVIDENT in the fact that MOST of the Early sites of cultivation and settlement are IN THE SOUTH and WOULD HAVE been populated by BLACK AFRICANS. Likewise, in order for PALER skinned populations to have BEEN PRESENT in Egypt at that time, they would have had to come from SOMEWHERE ELSE, with a more MODERATE environment. UNFORTUNATELY FOR YOU, there IS NO EVIDENCE of such a migration into predynastic or early dynastic Egypt. Likewise, Egyptian culture and civilization ROSE FROM THE SOUTH, which means CLOSER to the TROPICAL BLACK AFRICAN population from which these TROPICAL features came from. Now, Zidanae's features and those of MANY North Africans are PARTLY derived from the migration and interaction of Eurasian populations along the coasts of North Africa for the last 3-4,000 years. Therefore, you are comparing APPLES and ORANGES, populations with many Eurasian lineages versus ancient population with mostly TROPICAL AFRICAN lineages. So, put YOUR FACTS forward and stop ranting because you can't accept reality for what it is.

And, remember, NORTHERN Sudan is ALSO in North Africa and Northern Sudanese are ALSO DARK and also TROPICALLY adapted, meaning there is NOTHING SPECIAL about Northern Africa that STOPS the indigenous people from having TROPICAL FEATURES. Any trend, attitude and ideology that DENIES this is based more on SOCIAL attitudes and BIAS than BIOLOGY, which YOU won't get through your thick skull.

Nice Vidadavida *sigh*
Member # 13372

Rate Member
^^^ I hear ya man. But since you are the picture genius(and you truely are) can you please show me pictures of these tropical body plans..get some pictures for me of either living people or skeletons and lets see the difference between them and non Africans and similarity to sub saharan Africans.

Pretty please with a fucking cherry on top!!

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Honestly, Vida, why don't you go find them? If you are asking me to find some black Africans in North Africa because you are too lazy to do it, then sorry, no cherries.

You need to stop PRETENDING that black Africans don't exist in or are not indigenous to North Africa, which is what it boils down to.

Mansa Musa
Member # 6800

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mansa Musa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
^^^ I hear ya man. But since you are the picture genius(and you truely are) can you please show me pictures of these tropical body plans..get some pictures for me of either living people or skeletons and lets see the difference between them and non Africans and similarity to sub saharan Africans.

Pretty please with a fucking cherry on top!!

Vida, you need to lay off the sugar. First of all, the topic at hand is a rather subtle anatomical issue that may be only as obvious with a picture as demonstrating to someone the difference between patterns of teeth when they smile.

The literature and the data, as well as its biological implications are what need to be payed attention to.

-- The nature of the body plan was also investigated
by comparing the intermembral, brachial, and crural
indices for these samples with values obtained
from the literature. No significant differences were
found in either index through time for either sex.
The raw values in Table 6 suggest that Egyptians
had the “super-Negroid” body plan described by Robins
(1983).
The values for the brachial and crural
indices show that the distal segments of each limb
are longer relative to the proximal segments than in
many “African” populations (data from Aiello and
Dean, 1990).
This pattern is supported by **Figure 7**
(a plot of population mean femoral and tibial
lengths; data from Ruff, 1994), which indicates that
the Egyptians generally have tropical body plans. Of
the Egyptian samples, only the Badarian and Early
Dynastic period populations have shorter tibiae
than predicted from femoral length. Despite these
differences, all samples lie relatively clustered together
as compared to the other populations.
--

Source: Variation in Ancient Egyptian Stature and Body Proportions AMERICAN JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL ANTHROPOLOGY 121:219–229 (2003)

Figure 7

-

Interestingly enough, a well-known classical scholar did make similiar albeit condescending observations about Africans, consistent with the modern anthroplological concept of a "tropical body plan".

-- Why are the Ethiopians and Egyptians bandy-legged? Is it because the bodies of living creatures become distorted by heat, like logs of wood when they become dry? The condition of their hair supports this theory; for it is curlier than that of other nations, and curliness is as it were crookedness of the hair. --

Source: Aristotle, Problemata 909, 7

Perhaps when looking at a tropical African you will see the physical distinctions Artistotle did.

Perhaps not.

-

Posts: 1203 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackman
Member # 1807

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
can you please show me pictures of these tropical body plans

Vida,
The problem is you seek to prove Ancient Kemetians were white, caucasian, or anything else but Black Africans. That is why you can't handle the truth in front of you.

I hope this help, but highly doubt it will.

"Stated in the link below"
LIMB PROPORTIONS
Another morphological characteristic of modern humans that has been shown to be strongly correlated with climate is relative limb length.
In accordance with Allen's rule, populations inhabiting warmer climates have relatively long limbs, whereas those in colder climates
have relatively short limbs. This has been demonstrated in living humans in a variety of ways, including limb length over body weight,
arm span over stature, trunk length over stature, and lower limb length over trunk length. The difference between the limb proportions of Africans and Europeans, at least, can not be explained on the basis of nutrition.

http://www.mc.maricopa.edu/dept/d10/asb/anthro2003/origins/hominid_journey/termo.html

Posts: 342 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:
Originally posted by Mansa Musa:

Interestingly enough, a well-known classical scholar did make similiar albeit condescending observations about Africans, consistent with the modern anthroplological concept of a "tropical body plan".

-- Why are the Ethiopians and Egyptians bandy-legged? Is it because the bodies of living creatures become distorted by heat, like logs of wood when they become dry? The condition of their hair supports this theory; for it is curlier than that of other nations, and curliness is as it were crookedness of the hair. --

Source: Aristotle, Problemata 909, 7

Perhaps when looking at a tropical African you will see the physical distinctions Artistotle did.

Perhaps not.

Great post Musa! Aristotle made some very striking observations indeed. If this isn't enough, I believe the ancient Greco-Roman historian Ammianus Marcellinus also made very similar observations during his visit to Egypt, in which he wrote:

the men of Egypt are mostly brown and black with a skinny and desiccated look

Source: Ammianus Marcellinus, Book XXII, para 16 (23)

Neferefre
Member # 13793

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neferefre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug M. I will have to agree with you on this topic the evidence is overwhelming! I think the Ancient Egyptians were a mostly black(african)(negriod) culture. As it seems to be Nubia(Kush) was Egypt(Kemet) local neighbors to the south. I see so many paintings and sculpture that Doug posted, and it looks like something "fishy" is going on as one would say "the proof is in the pudding".

--------------------
"Son of the sun god Ra"

Posts: 197 | From: 5th Dynasty Abusir Temple | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neferefre
Member # 13793

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neferefre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This pic of of Queen Tiye is striking!!! from the 18 dynasty.  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
Posts: 197 | From: 5th Dynasty Abusir Temple | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Zidane, in research parlance, would be an outlier based on phenopype (away from the mean) and at the same time be the mean for Algeria (the sample size) viz a viz Libya or Morocco. Location would be a strong indicator!
Null Hypothesis: Does Northern ALgeria and South ALgeria show the same population demographics

On the other hand, he may share the same haplotype associated with someone like Qadaffi or Mubarak!

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Obelisk_18:

Lol.... it's a dark skinned person babe, whos adapted, pigment and limb ratio wise, to a warm, tropical environment. Like Africans [Big Grin]

Tropically-adapted plan specifically refers to skeletal structure or body shape only and has NOTHING to do with skin pigmentation.
quote:

-

First of all Vida, my moronic friend, that picture you give above is that of of a modern-day Egyptian. The modern-day population of Egypt is quite different from ancient times in case your simple mind has forgotten about the historical immigrations and invasions in the past couple of thousand years. Second, that is just a picture of one Egyptian man. There are plenty of modern-day Egyptians who don't look like him, including those who preserve the original/ancient (black) look. Third, E3b is a genetic marking denoting lineage and says NOTHING about phenotype. Hence, there are 'white' Europeans who carrry E3b as proof of their African ancestry. And lastly terms like "negroid" are invalid because such racial groupings DO NOT EXIST!

No offense Vida, but you are like a small child who asks the same things over and over again. (Although even small children I work with learn much faster than you). Do you have a learning disability or mental disorder we should know about?

quote:

Ok, losers are kids in their early 20's who spend their summers inside and online on a forum arguing with people about cultures that have nothing to do with them rather than partying and being obsessed with women as normal heterosexual MEN are in their early 20's(especially in college) *clearing throat*.

Nope. I spend time on this forum (as one of my hobbies) to learn and exchange information. The rest of my time is spent between school and work. And yes every now and then when I have the time, I do party, but I don't need to "obsess" about women because I interact with them all the time (unlike YOU perhaps, hence your projection of women obsessed feelings(?)).

A real loser is someone who continually asks questions that have been answered numerous times (due to lack of comprehension of answers due to lack of intelligence), and then when frustrated turns to ad-hominem attacks via name-calling and remarks on personal life one knows nothing about. LOL [Big Grin]

quote:
Now as far as these web links the first one needed a password to enter were you aware of this?

All I want to see is some comparisons of sub saharan African skeletons and Egyptian skeletons and non African skeletons to actually SEE for myself what this tropical body plan is.

Mansa Musa already showed you a sample (Thanks Musa). Both you and Doug demonstrate a LOT of patience to deal with children like Vida.
AFRICA I
Member # 13222

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AFRICA I         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I am DYING to know.

This is what's called "Super Negro" Body Plan in anthropology, the most tropically adapted body plan, obviously the Europeans don't have it, but AE did have it:
 -
 -
 -
And the North African Zidane can't have it since he's most certainly European on his maternal dna as most North African leucoderm Berbers(there are ample proof in genetics.
That's why the Somali, Tutsi, Southern Sudanese are among the most elongated and tallest people on earth, they are called "Super Negro" for that reason, they are the most tropically adapted and have sometime a very dark skin compare to other Africans.

Posts: 919 | From: AFRICA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:

-

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:

First of all Vida, my moronic friend, that picture you give above is that of of a modern-day Egyptian. The modern-day population of Egypt is quite different from ancient times in case your simple mind has forgotten about the historical immigrations and invasions in the past couple of thousand years. Second, that is just a picture of one Egyptian man. There are plenty of modern-day Egyptians who don't look like him

Brief clarification, this man is not a Modern-day Egyptian. That is football/soccer player Zinedine Yazid Zidane, who is a French Algerian, so you're correct, he doesn't resemble your typical modern-day Egyptian(especially southern), let alone ancient Egyptian.. Vida is spewing irrelevant and foolish nonsense and doing nothing more than causing distraction..
songhai
Member # 13721

Rate Member
Sundiata

quote:
Vida is spewing irrelevant nonsense and doing nothing more than causing distraction..
Word. lol . . .
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Some more 11th dynasty images and a rare well preserved image of Mentuhotep:

-

-

-

-

From: http://egypte.nikopol.free.fr/Geneve/museed'artetd'hi.html

Some images of Akhenaten and Nefertiti, full color:

-

-

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Two ladies carrying sistrums (baby rattles) signs of Hathor, patron diety of gynecology (childbirth):

-

Papyrus showing grid reference system used for drawing in the Ptolemaic era:
 -

21st dynasty couple:
 -

Imhotep (says it all):
 -

Nefertem, upper Egyptian diety of the blue lotus:
 -

From: http://egypte.nikopol.free.fr/BERLIN/dieuxberlinaltes.html

This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  18  19  20   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com