EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » The Race of the Ancient Egyptians (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: The Race of the Ancient Egyptians
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sesostris I:
 -

Sesostris III:
 -

Amasis 26th dynasty:
 -

Sobekhotep:
 -

Old kingdom male:
 -

6th Dynasty male:
 -

Posts: 8897 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
26th dynasty priest Taitai:

-

Psammtik and family (26th dynasty):
 -

5th dynasty:
 -

13th dynasty:
 -

Male from 30th dynasty:
 -

18th dynasty official Maya:
 -

From: http://egypte.nikopol.free.fr/BERLIN/hommesmuseedeber.html

Posts: 8897 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
18th dynasty portrait:

-

30th dynasty:
 -

18th dynasty:
 -

Boat:
[img] [/IMG]http://egypte.nikopol.free.fr/BERLIN/Resources/fh000031b.jpeg [/img]

Butchery scene:
 -

Old kingdom scribe:
 -

From: http://egypte.nikopol.free.fr/BERLIN/hommesberlinsuit.html

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Sarcophagi (24th,25th & 26th dynasties)
 -

-

-

-

Effigy of Osiris 25th dynasty:
 -

Unknown:
 -

Models:
 -

-

From: http://egypte.nikopol.free.fr/Beaux%20arts%20Lyon/beauxartsdelyon.html

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Cartoony knife handle New Kindom:
 -

Ramessid portrait:
 -

New Kingdom head:
 -

19th dynasty shabti:
 -

Thutmosis III:
 -

From: http://egypte.nikopol.free.fr/Beaux%20arts%20Lyon/beauxartsstatues.html

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Coffins:

-

-

-

Sennefer book of the dead:
 -

From: http://egypte.nikopol.free.fr/Turin/museedeturinsuit.html

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Rameses II:

-

-

Old kingdom:
 -

-

12th dynasty:
 -

Thutmosis II:

-

-

Hatshepsut:
 -

From: http://egypte.nikopol.free.fr/Musee%20en%20plein%20air/museeenpleinair.html

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Karnak Stuff

White chapel built by Sesostris I in 12th dynasty:
 -

-

-

-

-

Hatshepsut red chapel:

-

From: http://egypte.nikopol.free.fr/Musee%20en%20plein%20air/chapellerougehat.html

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
More Karnak Stuff

Amenhotep I Chapel:

-
(and doesn't that look like a square or protractor in front of him?)
 -

-

Thutmosis IV Chapel:

-

-

-

From: http://egypte.nikopol.free.fr/Musee%20en%20plein%20air/templethoutmosis.html

And for all those who wonder whether the Egyptians did not have scale/chain armor..... the last 2 posts show plenty from as early as the 12th dynasty (probably earlier). The funny part is how the "official" books and websites say that they didn't have it..... Note the square "Greek" columns as well, which the Greeks did not invent until a thousand years later.... !

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
30th dynasty:
 -

New Kingdom:
 -

-

-

11th dynasty:

-

Coffins:

-

-

(note the stripe headresses like those seen worn in modern morocco and the basis of the striped colorful clothing worn in the Moorish period.)

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Abydos temple of Rameses II:

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

From: http://egypte.nikopol.free.fr/Abydos%20Ramses%202/abydosramses2.html

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
More Rameses II at Abydos:

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

From: http://egypte.nikopol.free.fr/Abydos%20Ramses%202/abydosramses2.html

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Rameses II from Beit Ouali

-

-

Dier el Medineh:

Amun:

-

Dieties:
 -

Thutmosis III:

-

-

-

Hathor columns:
 -

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy S@!# Doug M. You Da Man! GREAT PHOTOS. Looking at these pics. is there any doubt who the AE were? Someone with money, like an Oprah or Jordan should really bombard these acroso schools, Universities etc as pamphlets or something.
Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Better yet!! Instead of the AfroAmericans creating these dumb@$$ comedy movies or gangsta nonsense why not something entertaining like an action movie, science fiction or drama set in the AE times. Doesn’t have to be anything heavy like a documentary. More along the lines of the 5th Element or Stargate the movie, both with AE. Entertain and Educate. Give it a “true” spin.
Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nice Vidadavida *sigh*
Member # 13372

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nice Vidadavida *sigh*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Nope. I spend time on this forum (as one of my hobbies) to learn and exchange information. The rest of my time is spent between school and work. And yes every now and then when I have the time, I do party, but I don't need to "obsess" about women because I interact with them all the time (unlike YOU perhaps, hence your projection of women obsessed feelings(?)).

Can someone say "HAIR DRESSER" LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Big Grin]

-

WELL IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!!! This picture is PERFECT I totally get it now. The Ethiopian's legs and arms are longer relative to his waste than white peoples.

This is ALL I REQUESTED JEEESH. Thank you Africa.

Thank you Blackman: the men of Egypt are mostly brown and black with a skinny and desiccated look
I have never seen this before.

Thank you Mansa that was very informative.

I think I know what to do on this forum from now and that is not to talk to the 'Good ol' boy club' because Africa, Blackman, Mansa actually produced what I ASKED FOR. [Mad]

I have accepted Ancient Egyptians as being black thanks guys [Smile]

Now all I have to do to complete my training is figure out why some Egyptians pics have women with black and brown color and most have them as yellow and why dshrt is in Egyptian ruler names and I will be official [Cool]

Posts: 336 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice photo's Doug.
Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
No offense Vida, but you are like a small child who asks the same things over and over again. (Although even small children I work with learn much faster than you).

That's because small children don't have political/racial ideologies that require them to deny obvious facts.

quote:
Now all I have to do to complete my training is figure out why some Egyptians pics have women with black and brown color and most have them as yellow and why dshrt is in Egyptian ruler names and I will be official
The reddish brown/yellow dichtonomy is usually explained as reflecting men getting deeper suntans, but the abolition of this convention later (i.e. both sexes have brown skin) would rule that out, since there's no evidence of gender roles becoming more egalitarian at the same time. Some have theorized that reddish brown = vitality and yellow = fertility.

Interestingly, miniature models found in some tombs usually show dark brown skin (although there is one model of a female offering bearer with yellow skin).

Posts: 7083 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nice Vidadavida *sigh*
Member # 13372

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nice Vidadavida *sigh*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MAN Doug how do you find all this stuff?!?!?!
Posts: 336 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Nice Vidadavida *sigh*:
[

Can someone say "HAIR DRESSER" LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Big Grin]

[/QB][/QUOTE]

what are you implying - [Wink]

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Good thing these critics keep pressing. They have Doug going to the war-chest. Bring out of these good photos.

Good stuff. Eeven the critics serve a purpose.

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Actually, you guys should be asking how do they HIDE all this stuff?

But don't give me credit, cause I didn't take the pictures. The credit goes to the respective web sites for posting them.

These images are the ones I remember going back to the days of hitting the library and looking at photos from Egypt, way before the internet. Books and books and books full of images just like these. Of course, back then the Afrocentric movement was just getting started and the "race" of the ancient Egyptians was not a very significant issue in most circles. However, now it seems that things have gone backwards, as Egyptology has become more conservative, not really updating the works that are in some case a hundred years old and not really publishing comprehensive analysis of all the new information that has been discovered in the last 100 years. In many ways, the Afrocentric movement has caused the study of Egyptology to therefore become more polarized as some feel the need to maintain the status quo of Egyptology itself as a "legitimate" science. Therefore, they cannot admit to the bias, distortion and lies that have been told in the name of Egyptology, so they say NOTHING at all, writing books and publications that fundamentally offer nothing new and are devoid of details because they are trying to stay within established "tradition". Staying with "tradition" is a way of seeming legitimate, but sacrifices facts and details because, of course, this would go AGAINST the "tradition" of the institution they want to maintain at all costs.

This is why these photos come as a shock to you guys, but are old hat to me and anyone else that knows ANYTHING about Egypt going back more than 20 years. The net is just beginning to start catching up to the number of images available in books from Egypt. In fact, I would say that physically going there and looking in books are still the BEST way to gain a true understanding of ancient Egypt. The internet only offers a false illusion of depth in providing a handful of images for people to look at and analyze, which is the tip of the tip of the iceberg in this respect. There are plenty of images of almost all the pharoahs from every period either in museums, private collections or Egypt itself, that most people would hardly know exist if they only relied on the net. Many of these images DIRECTLY contradict the so called "expert" analysis of the Egyptologists, especially now that things have gotten more conservative and polarized. This is not helped by the fact that so much has been LOOTED from Egypt and is kept in private collections that are not public or is in storerooms beneath the museums out of sight of the public eye. All of this only reinforces the fact that Egyptology is more about HIDING and DENYING the truth than it is about revealing it.

Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

-

WELL IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!!! This picture is PERFECT I totally get it now. The Ethiopian's legs and arms are longer relative to his waste than white peoples.

This is ALL I REQUESTED JEEESH. Thank you Africa.

Thank you Blackman : the men of Egypt are mostly brown and black with a skinny and desiccated look
I have never seen this before.

Thank you Mansa that was very informative.

I think I know what to do on this forum from now and that is not to talk to the 'Good ol' boy club' because Africa, Blackman, Mansa actually produced what I ASKED FOR. [Mad]

I have accepted Ancient Egyptians as being black thanks guys [Smile]

Vida, "Blackman" didn't post that, I did! Just go look back and quote me. Give me my credit for helping contribute to your conversion, that isn't fair! [Mad]

quote:
Originally posted by Sundiata:

Great post Musa! Aristotle made some very striking observations indeed. If this isn't enough, I believe the ancient Greco-Roman historian Ammianus Marcellinus also made very similar observations during his visit to Egypt, in which he wrote:

the men of Egypt are mostly brown and black with a skinny and desiccated look

Source: Ammianus Marcellinus, Book XXII, para 16 (23)

Oh yes, and excellent collection of photos Doug, thanx!
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:

Two ladies carrying sistrums (baby rattles) signs of Hathor, patron diety of gynecology (childbirth):

-

LOL at "baby rattles"! [Big Grin]

Sistrums are actual musical intruments, very simple yet a bit more complex than 'baby rattles'.

They are still used today in parts of East Africa, particularly Ethiopia:

-

-

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sundiata:

Vida is spewing irrelevant nonsense and doing nothing more than causing distraction

More like he continues to spew erroneous racial concepts like "negroid" and "caucasoid".

quote:
Posted elsewhere by Djehuti:

There are certain facts of you need to understand when it comes to facial bone structure:
  • First, cranio-facial features are the most diverse trait occuring among the human species, and that such features not only vary between different populations but even among members of the same population.
  • One of the fallacies of 'racial' typology and classification is that one set of features is assigned to a certain racial group even though such features are only not unique to that group but occur widely in other groups. (Just one of the things that prove 'racial' groups do not exist).
  • Since the human species originated in Africa, it not surprising that populations indigenous to Africa possess the greatest genetic diversity. As such, it is understandable that they possess among the greatest phenotypic diversity as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti (several times):

Cranial features:
The human phenotypic trait that holds the greatest diversity is cranial morphology. Because of this fact, cranial features can at times be misleading if not taken into proper context. For example, for a long time features like long narrow faces and narrow noses have been associated with “caucasian” or “caucasoid” people even though such features are present in populations throughout the globe from Africa to the Americas. The same can be said about so-called “negroid” features such as broad faces and noses which are also not just confined to Africans but various peoples in Asia, the Pacific etc.

Which is why we have studies like this:

J. Edwards, A. Leathers, et al.
...based on Howell’s sampling Fordisc 2.0 authors state that "there are no races, only populations," yet it is clear that Howell was intent on providing known groups that would be distributed among the continental "racial" groups.
We tested the accuracy and effectiveness of Fordisc 2.0 using twelve cranial measurements from a homogeneous population from the X-Group period of Sudanese Nubia (350CE-550CE). When the Fordisc program classified the adult X-Group crania, only 51 (57.3%) of 89 individuals were classified within groups from Africa. Others were placed in such diverse groups as Polynesian (11.24%), European (7.86%), Japanese (4.49%), Native American (3.37%), Peruvian (3.36%), Australian (1.12), Tasmanian (1.12%), and Melanesian (1.12%). The implications of these findings suggest that classifying populations, whether by geography or by "race", is not morphologically or biologically accurate because of the wide variation even in homogeneous populations.

And...

Forensic Misclassification of
Ancient Nubian Crania:
Implications for Assumptions
about Human Variation -April 2005, Current Anthropology:

It is well known that human biological variation is principally clinal (i.e., structured as gradients) and not racial (i.e., structured as a small number of fairly discrete
groups). We have shown that for a temporally and geographically homogeneous East African population, the most widely used “racial”
program fails to identify the skeletal material accurately. The assignment of skeletal racial origin is based principally upon stereotypical features found most frequently in the most geographically distant populations. While this is useful in some contexts (for example, sorting
skeletal material of largely West African ancestry
from skeletal material of largely Western European ancestry), it fails to identify populations that originate elsewhere and misrepresents fundamental patterns of human biological diversity.

These exact same mistakes were made in classifying Egyptian skulls and is also the reason you hear these old studies speak of a percentage of “Caucasoid” and even a percentage of “mongoloid” skulls!

Jean Hiernaux
The People of Africa(Peoples of the World Series) 1975
The oldest remains of Homo sapiens sapiens found in East Africa were associated with an industry having similarities with the Capsian. It has been called Upper Kenyan Capsian, although its derivation from the North African Capsian is far from certain. At Gamble's Cave in Kenya, five human skeletons were associated with a late phase of the industry, Upper Kenya Capsian C, which contains pottery. A similar associationis presumed for a skeleton found at Olduvai, which resembles those from Gamble's Cave. The date of Upper Kenya Capsian C is not precisely known (an earlier phase from Prospect Farm on Eburru Mountain close to Gamble's Cave has been dated to about 8000 BC); but the presence of pottery indicates a rather later date, perhaps around 400 BC. The skeletons are of very tall people. They had long, narrow heads, and relatively long, narrow faces. The nose was of medium width; and prognathism, when present, was restricted to the alveolar, or tooth-bearing, region......all their features can be found in several living populations of East Africa, like the Tutsi of Rwanda and Burundi, who are very dark skinned and differ greatly from Europeans in a number of body proportions.............
From the foregoing, it is tempting to locate the area of differentiation of these people in the interior of East Africa. There is every reason to believe that they are ancestral to the living 'Elongated East Africans'. Neither of these populations, fossil and modern, should be considered to be closely related to the populations of Europe and western Asia.

claims that Caucasoid peoples once lived in eastern Africa have been
shown to be wrong,
- JO Vogel, Precolonial Africa.

So features like narrow faces and noses do NOT indicate foreign ancestry or ‘admixture’.

Fulani (West African)
 -

Somali (East African)
 -

Egyptian (North African)
 -

Tutsi (Central African)
 -

Ironically, another trait all of these people above share in common besides facial features is skeletal structure of their bodies. Their body structure has been called “super-negroid” indicating their extra-tropical adapted bodies compared to stereotypical blacks of West Africa who only have plain “negroid” builds. This is another indication that these people definitely have NO non-African ancestry!

Also, just because someone happens to have the same features as those you consider ‘true blacks (negroes)’ does not mean they are even African. As seen by this Andamanese person below.

Southeast Asian
 -

Jean Hiernaux The People of Africa 1975
p.53, 54

"In sub-Saharan Africa, many anthropological characters show a wide range of population means or frequencies. In some of them, the whole world range is covered in the sub-continent. Here live the shortest and the tallest human populations, the one with the highest and the one with the lowest nose, the one with the thickest and the one with the thinnest lips in the world. In this area, the range of the average nose widths covers 92 per cent of the world range:

only a narrow range of extremely low means are absent from the African record. Means for head diameters cover about 80 per cent of the world range
; 60 per cent is the corresponding value for a variable once cherished by physical anthropologists, the cephalic index, or ratio of the head width to head length expressed as a percentage.....
"

So all this talk of such peoples being “not black” and “mixed” because of certain looks is downright silly... And why there really are no 'races' because most of human diversity *comes from Africans*.

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^ And...
quote:
Also of relevance--- the famous African (Somali) Supermodel, Iman:

-  -

She was one of the first generation of high-profile black supermodels and although attitudes have changed since 1975, she insists that the fashion industry is inherently racist. Then, she was treated as some kind of exotic alien. 'Oh, you're so beautiful,' was one comment, 'you must be half-white.' Her reply? 'I don't have a drop of white blood in me. I'm beautiful because I am black and I am Somali.'

Note the similarities between Iman and the reconstruction of the mummy alleged to be Nefertiti:

-  -

Ironically enough, Iman even portrayed Nefertiti:

-

Unfortunately, blatant ignorance still persists today.

Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

^This sort of crap really pisses me off sometimes, but for the most part, I'm immune. I'm so proud of my brethren, sticking up for Iman like that with the facts, and putting that naive poster in his or her place..
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Two ladies carrying sistrums (baby rattles) signs of Hathor, patron diety of gynecology (childbirth):

-

LOL at "baby rattles"! [Big Grin]

Sistrums are actual musical intruments, very simple yet a bit more complex than 'baby rattles'.

They are still used today in parts of East Africa, particularly Ethiopia:

-

-

Whether it was used in music productions or not, the ancient sistrum in Egypt was the instrument of Hathor and Isis, a symbol of childbirth and shaken in ceremonies and processions of ISIS and HATHOR, which were celebrations of MOTHERHOOD. Isis and Hathor were symbols of the feminine aspect of reproduction in nature (plant, animal and human). Therefore, it was a sign of child birth, of new life, of motherhood, of nurturing and caring for newborns in other words a baby rattle. It was shaken at the sign of the birth of Heru as part of the or any child in the mammesi house or birth house, which were the house of reproduction and childbirth. The shape of the sistrum was similar to the Ankh which has been said to resemble a woman's womb.
Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Solver         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

-

The person you are referring to isn't Ethiopian. He is Paul Kagame, president of Rwanda.
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also has to do with relative length of lower segment of the limb compared to upper segment.
Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Solver         Edit/Delete Post 
^The said tropical body plan is but a subset of the tropical African continuum:

Recap...

-

Posts: 1947 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Nice vidadavida:
Why are you showing pictures of Arab and probably Indian mixed Somalis and comparing them to sudanese?

Your level of stupidity is unprecedented.
Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nice Vidadavida *sigh*
Member # 13372

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
Also has to do with relative length of lower segment of the limb compared to upper segment.

Interesting so is the lower part of the limb longer or shorter than the upper part on a Tropical body plan?

After seeing this EXAMPLE I just noticed how Egyptian depicted themselves with VERY long arms.
Which to me is the corroborated proof [Smile]

-

Mansa Musa
Member # 6800

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mansa Musa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Ironically enough, Iman even portrayed Nefertiti:

-

I'm happy to see the Yahoo posters jumped all over the person who asked that question, not allowing misinformation to prevail.

It amazes me how quickly ignorance spreads, it spreads like wildfire.

Truth be told, most people are not reared in society believing these racial myths. They come across this information later in life through personal research of their own.

I have come across people who at one point only had a curiousity for the subject of race and didn't even know what the word Caucasian meant turn in only a few months into wannabe psuedo-scholars spouting off Eurocentric trash as knowledge about anthropology and genetics.

They usually get this crap off of Evil Euro's "Racial Reality" page and Pontiko's blog and forums. It just goes to show how a little knowledge on effective ways to spread information can turn into a tool to construct a propaganda machine.

Posts: 1203 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marc Washington
Member # 10979

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marc Washington   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damn, Doug. Just checked this page out. You got a ton of outta sight pictures on Ancient Egypt. Real gems. I've never seen most of them before. Where the heck do you find these mind-blowers?!

Thanks for the contribution.

Marc W.

--------------------
The nature of homelife is the fate of the nation.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mansa Musa
Member # 6800

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mansa Musa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are so many pics in this thread that it is hard to load the page. Overkill? Well atleast the truth is being spread. [Cool]

I'd like to contribute some videos to this discussion as well.

1. THE TRUTH FROM THE TOMBS OF EGYPT

2. The Truth From The Tombs Of Egypt Part II

Posts: 1203 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Like I said before, its MIND BLOWING how people are even arguing the point and how LITTLE evidence actually goes into these absurd arguments. After all, these have been around for thousands of years, so how is this "new" stuff? The web is NOT a good repository of images from ancient Egyptian artifacts. A better resource are all the books that have been published over the years, with all the photos available in them. The web only has a handful of images compared to all the images from Egypt itself. Most of the stuff I posted I remember seeing years ago in books when I first started getting into Egypt. Don't let the internet be your only resource, especially on ancient Egypt, because it has a long way to go, especially for photos of artifacts, many of which have not or will not be digitized for display on the web. Books, special collections at various research institutions and other venues are MUCH BETTER in this regard than the web. Karnak is COVERED with images of black Africans from top to bottom and front to back, yet how often do you see such scenes on the web? Not to mention all the OTHER tombs, temples and monuments in Egypt. That is 3,000 years worth of images, numbering into the hundreds of thousands and all you get are a handful from any one period on the web.

Like I said, Egyptology is more interested with covering up the facts than presenting them. Europeans know about all these monuments and artifacts, since they are the ones that dug them up, but yet they still tell their lies as if they don't see what is in front of their faces. Don't fall for that nonsense. On top of that there is SO MUCH that has been taken from Egypt and is kept in private collections that is almost never in public view. As well as all the stuff that sits in museum basements and catacombs. So, if you think that you are getting the facts and evidence from Egyptology, consider this thread as proof that you AREN'T. Why do you think they have stopped photo taking in the museums and monuments of Egypt? Hint: It isn't because of damage to monuments, like they tell you, since MOST stuff in Egypt isnt IN MUSEUMS in the first place, like the mastabas, the tombs, the temples and so on. A camera flash is not doing more damage than man and nature to these monuments.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^ Nice pic parade Doug. Unfortunately for those that are in denial, they will either claim those pictures were from the 25th dynasty or say that are not 'realistic' or some crap like that. Who cares? Facts are facts.

Speaking of which...

quote:
Originally posted by Mansa Musa:

I'm happy to see the Yahoo posters jumped all over the person who asked that question, not allowing misinformation to prevail.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say that poster was non other than Vida himself. [Big Grin]

quote:
It amazes me how quickly ignorance spreads, it spreads like wildfire.

Truth be told, most people are not reared in society believing these racial myths. They come across this information later in life through personal research of their own.

I have come across people who at one point only had a curiousity for the subject of race and didn't even know what the word Caucasian meant turn in only a few months into wannabe psuedo-scholars spouting off Eurocentric trash as knowledge about anthropology and genetics.

Indeed, the repitition of not just Eurocentric but old, outdate Eurocentric nonsense reminds me an awful lot like Vida right now.

quote:
They usually get this crap off of Evil Euro's "Racial Reality" page and Pontiko's blog and forums. It just goes to show how a little knowledge on effective ways to spread information can turn into a tool to construct a propaganda machine.
As long as there is information, there is always going to be disinformation. Which proves more believable depends on the logic of the learner. Those consumed with racial/racist propaganda can no longer make logical decisions.
rasol
Member # 4592

^ I have asked our new moderator to ban this poster after increasing and repeated use of ethnic/slurs, and profanities.

This reminds me of the old Egyptsearch, where the moderators didn't take action until discussants began abandoning the forum en masse, creating a ghost town, which is the intention of the trolls to begin with.

Horus_Den_1
Member # 12222

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horus_Den_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
^ I have asked our new moderator to ban this poster after increasing and repeated use of ethnic/slurs, and profanities.

This reminds me of the old Egyptsearch, where the moderators didn't take action until discussants began abandoning the forum en masse, creating a ghost town, which is the intention of the trolls to begin with.

The owner's inbox is currently full but this member in question has definitely overstayed it's welcome, i agree
Posts: 107 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
An interesting photo I found:

-

-

quote:

The Bédik people are a very minority ethnos group (500 people approximately) in the process of diparition of the South-east of Senegal, in the area of Kédougou.

The young people are catholic, oldest people
preserved the rites animists, events Bediks passed from 7 ritual to 3 festivals (circumcision, initiation of the young people, celebrate of d'année end which proceeds in May). Bédiks live at the top of hills insulated to flee Islamism.

this evening was for before a drilling and irrigation at the village.

From: http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Africa/photo631877.htm

Which shows a ritual involving palm wine and a man dressed in palm fronds. This is from Senegal.

Kinda reminds me of osiris a bit, showing another of the many cultural connections between Egypt and the rest of Africa. All over Africa you have cermonies and traditions such as this, involving offerings to river dieties, earth dieties, sky dieties and so forth. The cosmology of ancient Egypt fit squarely into this African pattern thought and worship. In this case you have a deity of irrigation and agriculture wearing a reed hat and growing green from within his body, which are also attributes of Osiris, the Egyptian diety of irrigation and agriculture, among other things.

Osiris and Atef crown:
 -

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^ I can't see the first two pics.
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
You have to click on them to view them unfortunately.

However there they are again from a hosting service.

Hope this works:
 -

-

Also note that there were tree goodesses in Egypt.

-

The point being made here is that Egyptian cosmology was fundamentally animistic and followed an overall pattern of African animism that can be seen among animist cultures all over Africa. This includes tree gods and goddesses, harvest gods and godesses, river gods and goddesses and so forth. Many of these dieties were anthropomorphic in nature, meaning they had a human form and Africans often staged ceremonies where individuals would portray these dieties in person.

African priests have always worn animal skins, used pots for offerings, used charms and amulets and staged elaborate processions wearing fruit, leaves, grass, paint, charms, horns, disc, diadems, masks and other symbols of the spirit being invoked. All of this is the basis of ALL modern religion. However, because MODERN religions, especially WESTERN ones presume themselves as SEPARATE and DISTINCT from those of the "pagans", especially the ANIMIST pagans, there is a prejudice AGAINST making the connections between ancient African ANIMIST beliefs and modern religious thought. Not to mention that the religions of the Medieval period was a tool of colonization in which unconverted people and their property were FULLY authorized to be converted or killed and their land taken by the HIGHER AUTHORITY of the church or mosque. Of course Christians today don't want to connect the biscuit and wine they drink today to ancient celebrations of the harvest deities in Africa, of which Osiris is a DIRECT descendant. And for those who don't understand the term, animism is a belief in nature or nature spirits as a reflection of God's presence or divine blessing.

Old kingdom depiction of Osiris as harvest diety:
 -

Obelisk_18
Member # 11966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Obelisk_18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You have to click on them to view them unfortunately.

However there they are again from a hosting service.

Hope this works:
 -

-

Also note that there were tree goodesses in Egypt.

-

The point being made here is that Egyptian cosmology was fundamentally animistic and followed an overall pattern of African animism that can be seen among animist cultures all over Africa. This includes tree gods and goddesses, harvest gods and godesses, river gods and goddesses and so forth. Many of these dieties were anthropomorphic in nature, meaning they had a human form and Africans often staged ceremonies where individuals would portray these dieties in person.

African priests have always worn animal skins, used pots for offerings, used charms and amulets and staged elaborate processions wearing fruit, leaves, grass, paint, charms, horns, disc, diadems, masks and other symbols of the spirit being invoked. All of this is the basis of ALL modern religion. However, because MODERN religions, especially WESTERN ones presume themselves as SEPARATE and DISTINCT from those of the "pagans", especially the ANIMIST pagans, there is a prejudice AGAINST making the connections between ancient African ANIMIST beliefs and modern religious thought. Not to mention that the religions of the Medieval period was a tool of colonization in which unconverted people and their property were FULLY authorized to be converted or killed and their land taken by the HIGHER AUTHORITY of the church or mosque. Of course Christians today don't want to connect the biscuit and wine they drink today to ancient celebrations of the harvest deities in Africa, of which Osiris is a DIRECT descendant.

What nation are these people from again, Doug?
Posts: 447 | From: Somewhere son... | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Senegal.
tinakamal
Member # 13812

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tinakamal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well they was black white brow wat ever they sure made some handsome offspring in my generation hahahahahah

--------------------
 -

Posts: 179 | From: iowa usa | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

African priests have always worn animal skins, used pots for offerings, used charms and amulets and staged elaborate processions wearing fruit, leaves, grass, paint, charms, horns, disc, diadems, masks and other symbols of the spirit being invoked. All of this is the basis of ALL modern religion. However, because MODERN religions, especially WESTERN ones presume themselves as SEPARATE and DISTINCT from those of the "pagans", especially the ANIMIST pagans, there is a prejudice AGAINST making the connections between ancient African ANIMIST beliefs and modern religious thought. Not to mention that the religions of the Medieval period was a tool of colonization in which unconverted people and their property were FULLY authorized to be converted or killed and their land taken by the HIGHER AUTHORITY of the church or mosque. Of course Christians today don't want to connect the biscuit and wine they drink today to ancient celebrations of the harvest deities in Africa, of which Osiris is a DIRECT descendant. And for those who don't understand the term, animism is a belief in nature or nature spirits as a reflection of God's presence or divine blessing.

Remember what I said about the Egyptian religion and particularly "animism" in T-rex's thread here.
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mystery Solver, I said it once, but I'll say it again,

now I again see why you stress the facts about variation in skin color and other aspects in indigenous africans [Cool] .

GeeWillikers, sure seems it cannot be stressed enough. Damn!

Doug M

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tyrannosaurus:
I didn't even know they even cleaned museum artifacts.

Precisely. They don't WANT you to know they clean them, or they try and act as if the cleaning hasnt IMPACTED the colors when they start oohing and aahhing over the "exquisite details" of these white looking images. How come they dont ooooh and aaaahh over the hundreds and hundreds of dark complexioned images from these same periods? It is like it is only exquisite and detailed when it looks like a white person, but when it looks black, ohh it is just standard.
Good point, but you said HUNDREDS? I think I have seen some walls full of egyptians on movies or TV or something. And I've seen walls with a couple Egyptians on here, but could you point me to some, or at least one of the multitudes that you so speak of?

EDIT :

Damn Mansa those videos have alot of pics!

quote:
Originally posted by Mansa Musa:
There are so many pics in this thread that it is hard to load the page. Overkill? Well atleast the truth is being spread. [Cool]

I'd like to contribute some videos to this discussion as well.

1. THE TRUTH FROM THE TOMBS OF EGYPT

2. The Truth From The Tombs Of Egypt Part II

Talk about over kill!
Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Willing Thinker {What Box}:

...Good point, but you said HUNDREDS? I think I have seen some walls full of egyptians on movies or TV or something. And I've seen walls with a couple Egyptians on here, but could you point me to some, or at least one of the multitudes that you so speak of?...

LOL We've posted about a third of those hundreds of wall murals and other figures where the paint was well preserved on this board. Just peruse through the archives.
Yom
Member # 11256

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keep the images coming. It's the only thing this thread is really worth.

--------------------
"Oh the sons of Ethiopia; observe with care; the country called Ethiopia is, first, your mother; second, your throne; third, your wife; fourth, your child; fifth, your grave." - Ras Alula Aba Nega.

Posts: 1024 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  18  19  20   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com