EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Well here I go (Page 20)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  30  31  32   
Author Topic: Well here I go
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by harankash:
she's been hacked!!

Auto???? [Big Grin]

So do tell Mystic
how much gold are you worth?

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bubblesperson
Member # 12454

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bubblesperson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, dear Newcomer, for those interesting explanations!!

So, in other words, if it IS our Mystic who is expecting twins (and not her friend, once again I am reading between the lines... BUT the time scale makes sense, her 'I can't say the whole news until after 3 months' superstition fits here, and 'the father does not acknowledge expected twins' fits with 'Once again Momen is running from his responsibilities', ca..), then Mystic's Iddah does not end until after the birth at the end of the year???

And so she couldn't possibly get married now??? Now a Muslim man - those candidates - would know that, ca??? Makes it even more weird that he should propose... For why, for what...

Dear Mystic, if it IS you who is indeed pregnant, I'm not quite sure what to say, happy news or not... In a way both... But, what I AM sure about is that for your other kids a new sibling (or two) is quite enough change already, forget the new man for now...

Or are you really that worried about coping financially??? Is there no other way??

Oooh, do come on now please, do put us out of our misery and TELL!!!! the 3 months is nearly up...

All the best,
Buubble

Posts: 144 | From: Egypt/Europe | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey MH, why do you do this to yourself?

Why do you tell all the things you live and than making people commenting about yourself, your kids, your moral values and your psychology?

It must be much more harder to read these things than the thing that your husband made you live.

I m sure there are some people here who did lots of mistakes in their lives. But they are clever enough to not share these things with others.

Please don't make this to yourself and your family..

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yes We Can:
Things to think about when remarrying:

1) If you are in a completely messed up situation, do you really want a man who's attracted to a woman in a messed up situation?

That is perfectly said.
Do you honestly think she will listen for the (what is this?) 3rd or 4th time?
Nope, MH will come on and say she's a big girl again and knows what she's doing THIS TIME and is smarter now and taking it a different way (even though if you blinked you would have missed the last breakup). [Roll Eyes]

Please tell us when you marry the new one, when it ends and how he did you wrong, ummkay? [Wink]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
quote:
Things to think about when remarrying:

1) If you are in a completely messed up situation, do you really want a man who's attracted to a woman in a messed up situation?

That is perfectly said.
Do you honestly think she will listen for the (what is this?) 3rd or 4th time?
Nope, MH will come on and say she's a big girl again and knows what she's doing THIS TIME and is smarter now and taking it a different way (even though if you blinked you would have missed the last breakup). [Roll Eyes]

Please tell us when you marry the new one, when it ends and how he did you wrong, ummkay? [Wink]

.....and that She knows She's nice and deserves Better [Wink]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhh yea I forgot the 'nice' thing...that's my favorite. [Wink]
[Big Grin]
I wish I had a FLIPPENDO wand...where are Alchemist or Lumos when I need them.... [Mad] [Big Grin] [Razz]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bubblesperson:
And so she couldn't possibly get married now??? Now a Muslim man - those candidates - would know that, ca??? Makes it even more weird that he should propose... For why, for what...

Hi Bubblesperson!

Any man who would propose to a Muslim woman, knowing that she is still in her Iddah, either has as little knowledge as mystic does about Islam or is one who bends the rules to suit himself. Not an ideal potential candidate in either situation!

Many men prey on new Muslimahs, because they are more vulnerable than those who either have experience in the Muslim world and know what to look out for and know their rights, or those who have Muslim families who can support them when/if things go wrong. They rely on their naivete, their keenness to be seen as good Muslimahs and so they are not as questioning and don't protect themselves in the same way born Muslimahs do...as witnessed by mystics last marriage...and their isolation.

Leaving aside the Iddah question, a man proposing to a new American Muslimah who is already divorced and has a bunch of kids, when there are hundreds of single Muslim women in the States who want to get married, is either an absolute angel and paragon of virtue or has an underlying agenda and needs to have his background checked out very thoroughly!

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Yes, there are many Muslimahs in the states (single and no kids!) who are looking for husbands. While I think it is noble to take one saddled down with kids and a freshly signed divorce decree, I can't imagine why they wouldn't want the single/no kids convert. [Frown]
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bubblesperson:
So, dear Mystic...

This post of yours below from 15 April IS really about you after all???

Member # 6838

Rate Member posted 15 April, 2008 04:34 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I talk to alot of people online, mostly women, and one of my online friends decided to marry for convenience. Basically she is struggling financially on her own, pregnant with twins, ordered to stop working until after the birth of her babies which is late this year(father doesnt acknowledge their exsistance).. so faced with this she has decided to take an offer of marriage that involves the guy paying all her expenses during the pregnancy if she will marry him after the babies are born and give him what he wants sexually when ever he requests , and basically be a servant to him, cooking, cleaning, whatever. In return he provides financially.
Does this seem wrong to anyone else? I know its kinda a necessity for her but it just seems like a form of prostitution only with a paper to say it legal.
-------------------

Well, middle of Feb (last with Momen) until middle of May are 3 months and due to superstition you can't tell before the end of the first 3 months, you said... So we only got hints... And these twins will come at the end of the year, works out with the above time scale, eh.. So, another 2 weeks and we will then hear that it IS you who is pregnant???

Hence the great new need now for financial security and someone helping to look after you and children (soon to be 5)?? Fair enough, THAT need is understood, and generally speaking, under the circumstances, that's a reasonable quest - but honestly now, woman, before you rush into this, what sort of man - Muslim or otherwise - would marry you just like that without knowing or loving you, with FIVE children from other men, even while you are still pregnant and only divorced 5 minutes, especially after you have only chatted on the Net, and presumably not met in person yet?? WHYYYYYY would anyone do that??????????? (Seeing all the 'serious offers' come from guys okay with immigration..).

And WHYYYY would you believe all and everything that such a man - all total strangers and foreigners from different cultures, too!! - now tells and promises you, HOW DO YOU KNOW he is okay, good, honest, not crazy, no psychopath, no ulterior motives???? And he will REALLY provide, will really get a good job, will really buy a house???? Have you seen the educational (job) certificates, the immigration papers, a biiiig suitcase full of cash???? Without THAT I would not believe a thing, anyone can waffle all day long... (example Momen).

Oh, and don't you also need an international divorce?? Meaning even though Momen divorced you in Egypt and sent the paper, don't you still need to have this legalised in an American court?? Doesn't that take a while??? What I am getting at is, though you are divorced IN EGYPT, aren't you still married in the US??

I shall refrain from any further comment, am just really curious to hear the answers to those questions to see how you think on the future... Thanks!!

Regards and be healthy,
Bubble

No, this is not about me. This woman has already done the marriage and actually is doing well in the situation.
Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yes, there are many Muslimahs in the states (single and no kids!) who are looking for husbands. While I think it is noble to take one saddled down with kids and a freshly signed divorce decree, I can't imagine why they wouldn't want the single/no kids convert. [Frown]

Because some of these 'morons' that look for a bride online, want a woman that can PRODUCE BABIES like a little machine, and if she has some already it is proof she can conceive.

Plus, some also put a cheaper 'price tag' on divorced women. They think they will get away with anything, on a cheaper scale, than with a never married before younger woman.

They think that they are doing the divorced woman a favour. [Big Grin]

Beware of those online HUNTERS!!!

Many stories end up with the woman being brutalized, and treated like an animal.

There are a lot of patients - as far as I know - needing psychological help in Cairo, after suffering from such behavior, following an online marriage of convenience.

Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Culture Club, you are asian correct? Which country do you come from?

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Uh oh, Mystic's intrested in an Asian, I'll bet anyone 100 to 1. [Wink]
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Uh oh, Mystic's intrested in an Asian, I'll bet anyone 100 to 1. [Wink]

Good Lord,girl..we had the same exact thoughts. [Wink]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She is only a pretend muslim and uses only Islam to suit her so explaining why she is soo wrong doesn't even bother her, so I'd save your breath Newcomer because she really isn't a muslim , it's only a role she plays..

She will get exactly what she deserves in life because she doesn't care on bit about her children, they are just an afterthought. Shame I didn't know her in real cause I would call child services on her in a minute, people like her really shouldn't be allowed to breed. She is the perfect example of why we have the vicious cycle of social problems, she can phuck her kids up and they will continue the same cycle they learned from mommy dearest. The son will end up despising her someday and will treat women in the fashion his mother is treated.

As for momen, well Im actually starting to feel sorry for him. Even a bottom dweller deserves better than a retarted half wit [Roll Eyes] He probably realized that selling your soul for a visa when he doesn't have to is just not worth it...

Please stop coming on here and making us nauseated, I personally hope you rot for what your doing to your kids. The dog and oral copulation threads are much better reading than the story of your twisted life [Roll Eyes] .

Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
<she doesn't care on bit about her children, they are just an afterthought.>

More than afterthought,she acts like they are a side effect. [Roll Eyes]

nasrcity
Member # 15037

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nasrcity   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think the children should be taken into care at least they would get some kind of a life and her looked up in a nut house
Posts: 154 | From: somewhere in the uk | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rumicrazieluv:
She is only a pretend muslim and uses only Islam to suit her so explaining why she is soo wrong doesn't even bother her, so I'd save your breath Newcomer because she really isn't a muslim , it's only a role she plays..

I don't feel it is up to me to make that judgement call, as to whether she is a Muslim or not, only Allah knows whether she is or not, the level of her faith, and what her real intentions are.

As she has said that she is a Muslim and that she is new to the faith, what it is up to me to do is make sure that she has as accurate information as I can give her, give her reminders, and then the rest is up to her.

I also wanted to share the information with anyone else who might be curious about what the actual rulings were on divorce and the Iddah period in Islam. So no breath wasted rumi [Wink]

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by nasrcity:
i think the children should be taken into care at least they would get some kind of a life and her looked up in a nut house

A Foster Care Home for the children would be a better choice for them. [Frown]
nasrcity
Member # 15037

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nasrcity   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree sachyra they would have a better up bringing
Posts: 154 | From: somewhere in the uk | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
https://www.childhelpusa.org/donate_home/foster-care
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Newcomer didn't waste her breath, it was actually interesting for me to know specifically. [Wink] I was able to discuss it with my husband tonight, we had a good conversation about that.

Although, I must admit that much of what RUMI wrote is true, at this point you've just gotta feel sorry for those kids. [Frown] I don't care who you are, there is no way you could hide all of this crap from them, this is just to the point of being obscene. [Frown]
It's just too bad MH doesn't realize it.

stayingput
Member # 14989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stayingput     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mysticheart:
I am free to date so to speak

MH, exactly what is a "so to speak" date and how does it differ, exactly, from any other type of date?

When I first read MH's heart-wrenching story, I really did feel bad for her. But the more she puts her fingers on her keyboard, the more I feel sorry for this Momen guy.

Think about it.

MH values a husband who will swoop in and rescue her from a life of drudgery - working for a living to take care of herself and her children. She wants a gravy train, a dude who will put a roof over their heads, food on the table, pay the bills, and hand her money for a new dress now and then. In return, MH will put out on demand.

Maybe - just maybe - the perpetually villified Momen decided that the kind of life MH wanted for him wasn't a life he wanted for himself, so he tried what he believed was a gentlemanly way out of the marriage and blamed it on his mother. Then, when that didn't work, he resorted to "another woman," knowing that MH would find that behavior completely intolerable.

Yeah. Maybe - just maybe - Momen decided that the woman of his dreams isn't the type who would give it up for a new dress now and then.

So, because MH is hell-bent on getting the fattest wallet she can find, and in spite of the fact that - imagine! - men are smarter than she gives them credit for, she's "interviewing" potential paychecks. Note that she is not dating, because that would be haram. Instead, the rules have been changed to benefit her particular situation, and she is allowed to date but only if she dates "so to speak."

Does anyone else see the absurdity in this, or shall I go on?

Before anyone tries to give MH credit for having an original thought, know she's not the only one out there hunting, er, interviewing. There are many, many, MANY American woman (I cannot speak for the rest of the West), Muslim and otherwise, who actively seek marriages with Muslim Middle-Eastern men because they want the same thing MH does. They, indeed, interview potential candidates.

Once word gets out through the grapevine or at the Mosque that there is a woman who is available, men who "need a wife" line up and these women start picking and choosing. The guy who is most likely to capture her heart 1.) already has a wife back home who he will visit for months at a time so she can have the bed to herself, 2.) works, (extra points for those with a job that keeps them out of the house into the night while earning the best paycheck), 3.) enjoys hanging out with his buddies at the Mosque because if he's not home he's out of her hair, 4.) believes his sister is the best cook in the world because the more the sister cooks the less she has to, 5.) is eager to have children because then she's got him hook, line, and sinker, and 6.) has the money to pay for his own visa/GC problems, if he has them (and many do).

MH is not that special.

Popcorn is losing its luster. Does anyone know how to make caramel corn in the microwave?

Posts: 758 | From: Here. There. Everywhere. | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
< But the more she puts her fingers on her keyboard, the more I feel sorry for this Momen guy.>

[Big Grin]

seabreeze
Member # 10289

I can make it WITH peanuts or walnuts added! [Wink]

Sadly, I've got to say I can't help but agree.
I don't think it is right that Momen entered the marriage not knowing what he got himself into and then found out 'later' but that is the luck of the draw.
IMO he is the one who got off clean, he had to pay nothing, he got some free sex, got a new woman and a possible OTHER visa, and he doesn't have to be saddled down with someone else's kids. Ummmm yea, I'm sure he's crying in HIS pillow every night. [Roll Eyes]

nasrcity
Member # 15037

to be honest momen and her can take care of themselves but them poor kids u have to feel sorry for with a mother who is a raving nutter
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Popcorn & caramel bars aren't cutting it anymore, I'm breaking out the Southern Comfort.

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stayingput
Member # 14989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stayingput     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:
Popcorn & caramel bars aren't cutting it anymore, I'm breaking out the Southern Comfort.

I know how to make an awesome Southern Comfort Manhattan!

Anybody want one?

Posts: 758 | From: Here. There. Everywhere. | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

[Frown] NO [Frown]
But I'll have a virgin anything... [Frown]

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[Frown] NO [Frown]
But I'll have a virgin anything... [Frown]

me too i want a virgin pina colada!!!
extra whip cream!!!

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by justvisiting:
quote:

Anybody want one?

Make mine a double.
Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
If it's about asking what we want to drink,i choose a sparkling bubbly white wine. [Smile]
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A sweet red for me please... [Smile]

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

I'll have a wimpy virgin daiquiri...damn it! [Mad]
Ok, seriously this story is driving us all to drink~

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm absolutely convinced MH is NOT the type that has been described above. There might be some missing skills in how to classify potential partners, there might be some missing skills in independancy, there might be some missing skills in awareness, but all that can be described to her 'not knowing herself'. As soon as she gets aware of the fact that she is missing some skills that are needed to live a happy life, she can work on that, and she will be able to love herself after that.
Just saying : 'I deserve better' is not the same!
She doesn't need to go on the internet, she doesn't need to publish her thoughts on messageboards, she even doesn't need to visit imams. All what's needed is to get clear what she is in real, and which points are her vulnerabilities, so she can be prepared. She might need another person to make this clear, preferable a professional, and then she can start to make things better...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

?????

yea, good luck with that. [Wink]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by justvisiting:
quote:

Anybody want one?

Make mine a double.
Mine too please. Have you got the little umbrellas too? [Cool]

*passes smucks a cigarette as im sure she needs one badly now*

*opens Pringles*

"I love and in return i am crushed. So my conclusion, better not to love and just make an arrangement instead. I dont get hurt that way."

I have read this a few times. I am a patient woman who can sympathize with your situation....or should I say I 'could' sympathize at the beginning....but you seem to be doing enough of that for yourself.

The above statement is from a person that is overly feeling sorry for herself as she is a 'nice person' and a 'good muslimah' who can provide everything a good muslim man needs. [Roll Eyes] A woman who I bet my last LE is able to turn on the tears like a tap (faucet in American). Mystic you have a severe dependancy problem. A man will smell that a mile off and backtrack like mad, as Momen did.

"I have always gone for love, its always been the basis of my relations. Yes i still love momen, however, he has proven not to deserve it."

OK maybe he didnt, neither did you. You need validation constantly that you are 'nice' and 'wonderful' and 'more deserving' and you do it well for yourself. I 'had' a friend like you who HAD to be centre of attention ALL the time. People had to jump up and throw their arms round her to show how happy they were to see her, she constantly reminded everyone of how 'deserving' and 'nice' and 'wonderful' she was. She 'had' many friends.....for short times....as everyone ends up backing off! Even her man had to ignore calls and have yet another relative die in Safaga every month so he was could get a break until she had a tantrum which backfired on her. Really the population of Safaga has decreased drastically in the last year! They are no longer together.

You dont go for love Mystic, you go for illusion and validation every time.

"No i wont instantly stop loving him but i do know i love how he was, not who he is now. What he and i had isnt coming back, and im sick of being hurt and **** on."

You liked how your fantasy was of him, you didnt 'love' him. You liked how you 'thought' he was in your fantasy. Who he is now is who he has always been and what you had with him was an illusion, a fantasy, this happens a LOT with distance relationships and you haven't spent enough time actually 'with' him to know the difference, so no its not coming back as it was never there in the first place. Do you daydream about many other things a lot too?

"Therefore
i have come to the decision that from here on, my life will be basically what alot of muslims do, marry for status and suitability. Find the one that can provide financially, that will be kind and fair, keep to his duties as a muslim husband and me provide to him as i should. Love doesnt need to be included in this, and maybe in time love will follow. Arranged marriage. "

OK you read a book about the ideal Muslim marriage and you think that will sort everything out, yes I thought that when I was a freshy too, the 'ideal muslim' does not exist. The ideal Muslim marriage does not exist....and no thats NOT a cue for you to be the first!

You have been Muslim 5 minutes Mystic and you think you can do all the 'wifely duties' as a good muslim wife and fast and pray and and and..... have you ever tried a 30 day fast mystic? no food, no water, no cigs, no sweets, no breathing in haram smells, no bad thoughts, no mixing with any who could make you break your fast which even covers your thinking! Im not saying you cant do it, but to be totally honest now I dont think Islam is high in your mind right now if it has ever been at all. You are trying a new 'style', a new 'community' to see if you can get what you want and need to make you feel validated and 'nice'. Possibly an Asian now? take my advice and go for a British Pakistani fanatic, lots of them in UK you could grab online or on the dating sites for Muslims. They will have you a fanatic in no time with a bomb strapped to your ass at Heathrow. Then Mystic will be validated a martyr, how 'nice', because thats the role you're playing Mystic. If your faith meant as much to you as you would have people believe then you would not need a man mystic, you would never 'need' a man to validate you. You would be too full of a better 'love', a better 'belonging' and a better 'security' than any man could ever give you.

"No, this is not about me. This woman has already done the marriage and actually is doing well in the situation."

So on 15th April, 13 days ago, she was still single and pregnant and now shes married and doing ok? I dont think 13 days is any time to say they are doing well do you? Please stop playing us for stupid, yes we have a life on ES but we have brains and lives OFF ES, This IS about you OR you are trying to make it look like it 'might' be you to gain more 'oh poor mystic' 'oh look what men do to me' 'oh woe is me!' from people here and possibly you are doing this to your friends in real life if you have any left.

"one of my online friends decided to marry for convenience. Basically she is struggling financially on her own, pregnant with twins, ordered to stop working until after the birth of her babies which is late this year(father doesnt acknowledge their exsistance).. so faced with this she has decided to take an offer of marriage that involves the guy paying all her expenses during the pregnancy if she will marry him after the babies are born and give him what he wants sexually when ever he requests , and basically be a servant to him, cooking, cleaning, whatever. In return he provides financially."

Honestly I despair, if i knew you in real life right this minute I could slap you and shake you, but if I had known you in real life while all this was happening I would have backed away by now knowing there was nothing I could do or say to make you wash the shite from your rose tinted glasses. You are a victim and you seem to LIKE it that way. For phuk sake GROW UP and take responsibility for your actions and your kids and let THEM have a turn at centre of attention. You are not the only woman in the world been hurt and you wont be the last, grown ups move on children wallow in self pity. You are a mother, an adult, its time you acted like one, a wishy washy single mum is NOT a good role model for kids. We all make mistakes but the idea is to learn something from it, you dont.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stayingput
Member # 14989

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:Have you got the little umbrellas too?
But of course!

quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:You are trying a new 'style', a new 'community' to see if you can get what you want and need to make you feel validated and 'nice'.
I'm not entirely sure "validated" and "nice" have anything to do with it. If they do, it's within the realm of posturing for her new "audience."

Just as it's not "nice" for a man to use a woman for a visa, it's not "nice" for a woman to use a man to escape from her responsibilities. Somehow, in their own twisted sense of reality, these women who marry for nothing more than a meal ticket believe their status is higher than other women - those who work for a living to provide for their children.

Are you gonna share those Pringles?

walkingathinline
Member # 11504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkingathinline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
A woman who I bet my last LE is able to turn on the tears like a tap (faucet in American).

we know what a tap is...it's where the beer flows from!!! LOL! [Big Grin]

boy, i have sure missed Yuengling! another bonus of being back in PA for a bit! [Wink]

Posts: 422 | From: American living in Maadi, visiting in the States for awhile | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
Even if a couple have been living apart for years, the divorce, and therefore the Iddah (which is the waiting period following divorce or death), doesn't begin until the actual divorce has been declared, or the death occured.

Btw. if the divorce is declared while the woman is having a period, it doesn't count...if it is declared at that time, it has to be said again after she has finished her period, and the timing for the Iddah starts from that declaration.

No one can make an offer for marriage or even discuss another marriage until the Iddah has finished, because the woman still comes under the rulings as a wife until the end of that time. A hint can only be given to a woman who has been irrevocably divorced, i.e. after a third divorce, but an offer cannot be made until the end of the Iddah.

The Iddah ends for a divorced woman by the third period following the declaration of divorce. There are different interpretations as to what the Arabic words used for this means...some interpret them as meaning that it can be at the beginning of the third period following the declaration, others interpret it as meaning when she has finished her third period.

If the woman is pregnant, the Iddah ends whenever she deliveres her child/children; whether or not this is before or after the usual approximately three month Iddah.

The Iddah for a widow, btw. is four months and ten days. [/QB]

If I read this right, if she is pregnant then it will be some time before she can entertain any mans offer of marriage.
Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rumicrazieluv:

I don't feel it is up to me to make that judgement call, as to whether she is a Muslim or not, only Allah knows whether she is or not, the level of her faith, and what her real intentions are.

As she has said that she is a Muslim and that she is new to the faith, what it is up to me to do is make sure that she has as accurate information as I can give her, give her reminders, and then the rest is up to her.

I also wanted to share the information with anyone else who might be curious about what the actual rulings were on divorce and the Iddah period in Islam. So no breath wasted rumi [Wink]

Your right newcomer. It's just extremely insulting when people take on roles for convinience-then wonderful well meaning sincere, experienced people with great advice try to help someone who has no intention of taking it seriously [Frown] . As for judging, well karma is karma, and bad people with bad intentions have to hold account for that. That being said,I am one of those who always enjoys your posts [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Aiysha a very good post with lots of points that I think are right on the money. I think we should all address one more issue- how a retarted half wit can get 20 pages of posts.

Thinking about it we are all actually giving her what she wants-to be the center of attention. When the attention starts to turn away she comes up with another "tidbit" to keep interest. If we continue to give her the attention she wants then we are aiding and abetting. Look, she even gets bubblesperson to come back and post "just for her". [Frown]

We are all in agreement that we are sick of her, she has lost sympathy (which I've pointed out to her that is what happens with women like her), we all think she is a pyscho stalker leech with only one mission in life-land a man, she is a rotten mother who should never breed again, and Momen is a lucky man [Razz] . What we need to do is stop giving this wackjob this kind of attention.

Crack is Whack!! [Big Grin]

I would like to participate in your southern comfort bender ,vb, unfortunately when I was 17 I thought I was smart and drank way too much. I got sick as hell and to this day if I smell it I feel Ill. I'd prefer Mango Margarita's . Got some lime and salt? "Ewe" wanna to do some shots?? [Razz] [Razz]

newcomer
Member # 1056

quote:
Originally posted by LovedOne:
quote:
If the woman is pregnant, the Iddah ends whenever she delivers her child/children; whether this is before or after the usual approximately three month Iddah.

If I read this right, if she is pregnant then it will be some time before she can entertain any man's offer of marriage. [/QB]
That's right LovedOne, and it also means that her "friend" shouldn't be married now. If the man wanted to help her during her pregnancy, he could have done so by supporting her financially and in any other way she may have needed support, but not as a husband; that proposal should have come after the delivery.

Glad to have been of some use somewhere rumi and smuckers [Smile]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mysticheart:
I have always gone for love,

Try loving yourself first.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dia001
Member # 12044

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dia001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is getting all too boring !!!

Just let us all know MH when the twins are due.

I wonder if you spend as much time with your children as you do looking for potential financially secure men !!! and of course writing your Posts to ES.

Get a life woman and learn as a Mother your children come first.

Posts: 59 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kos-om EgyptSearch
Member # 15064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kos-om EgyptSearch         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dia001:
This is getting all too boring !!!

Just let us all know MH when the twins are due.

I wonder if you spend as much time with your children as you do looking for potential financially secure men !!! and of course writing your Posts to ES.

Get a life woman and learn as a Mother your children come first.

I totally agree, well said "dia001".

Although she will start thinking you are her former husband using a different nickname or one of his friends.

You should address your post "dia001" to all the selfish women out there who forget about their kids and look for their own pleasure.

Posts: 504 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kos-om EgyptSearch
Member # 15064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kos-om EgyptSearch         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Sharm:
Mysticheart - Please, please read this thread from beginning to end and listen to the advice that some are trying to give to you.

You are not even out of this marriage properly yet and you are already talking about marrying someone again.

Take some time out from relationships altogether. You are still hurting from this last mariage/relationship and surely if you begin another one without recovering fully it will only lead to disaster. You need to have time in your life without men being the main purpose and then maybe you will realise that there is more to life than men/marriage/realtionships.

Learn to love and respect yourself and then others will do the same back to you.

Amanda x

Well said Amanda.
Posts: 504 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kos-om EgyptSearch
Member # 15064

Dear MH,

Why not try to live your life as if you are already married and your husband is working abroad, try to live life as it is, with your kids, your friends (online and offline) without thinking of men and relationships, get busy with your kids take them out talk to them, and good men will come your way.

What is it that you exactly miss about being with a man! Is it sex! Is it love! Passion!

Try to understand yourself first before getting involved in another relationship! You have to understand what you want from a relationship before starting a new relationship where you will be the victim once again and you will be used for sex, visa, money,...etc!

Going in a new relationship without understanding yourself and what you want will make you subject for abuse and use once again.

Good luck MH and take your time dear, life is very short but its much better to live this short life in peace instead of living this short life suffering and being miserable!

nasrcity
Member # 15037

yes she should put her kids first instead of what seem to be flirting like a headless chicken on the net . to only give herself and those poor kids another lot of heartache. u need to sort ur life out mystic and stop acting like some teenager you have children who depend on you what a way to show kids how to carry on
kos-om EgyptSearch
Member # 15064

All of us are looking for love, who doesn't want to be with a nice partner who loves him/her and takes good care of him/her, we all need love and we are all looking for someone to love.

I will be so happy to find that person too but i won't be looking around, until i find my better half i will just live life as it is and make the best of every moment and enjoy.

Life is like a train, it passes by many stations, it passes by stations on bad and good neighbourhoods

Just keep your train moving and forget about the bad stations and stay attached to your seat, looking from the window, you don't have to talk to the passengers in the train, you don't have to tell them how you feel or what you are looking for, keep looking around but at the same time keep moving, and when you find that lovely station just stand up and find your way out of the train.

--------------------
forum sharameet we khawalat we el operator m3rseen

nasrcity
Member # 15037

well said youngegyptianguy
  This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  30  31  32   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com