EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » BLACK AMERICANS SHOULD NOT ENLIST! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: BLACK AMERICANS SHOULD NOT ENLIST!
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Your liberal usage of words is indicative of your group's 90% opposition to black thought.
attachment of one's own belief and opinions, with narrow-minded intolerance of beliefs opposed to them.
[1913 Webster]

As you can see, my reasons for opposing my children or other children of black origin from fighting WHITE wars is not based on any, narrow-minded intolerance of beliefs opposed to them , but rather due to 90% of blacks polled pre-Iraqi war, being opposed to same, while 90% of WHITES polled were PRO war, and could not wait to go and kill, "sand niggers" (White term).
To state I am bigoted because of this decision is to say the other 90% blacks polled are likely bigoted, or being narrow-minded and intolerance of the beliefs opposed to them by the 90% of whites who wished to go to war.

Rather than attempting to dismiss the PRO-war stance of 90% of US PRO-WAR whites, you should instead be asking yourself why Post-war, that white PRO-WAR 90% has FINALLY caught up and begun to reverse their opinions to reflect the MORAL opinions of the 90% of pre-war blacks.
It seems to me, that 90% of whites polled are the REAL bigots, but as usual, have tremendous difficulty reconciling their nature.

Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheAmericanPatriot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
meninarmer is so demented he cannot distinguish between bigtry and geopolitics. this guy simply hates being black from the time he wakes in the morning until he falls asleep at night.
Posts: 2069 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Rather, what you attribute to politics is no more than outright Racism. A political body sitting on a foundation of Racism..
That, PRE war, 90% of white Americans voted, FOR, and today, that same group has changed to 22% FOR, with 78% moving towards the black 90% against, makes my case.
You and the other PRO-McCain/Palin bigots are the most racist foundation members of YOUR RACIST geopolitical position.
I.E., You build a house on a foundation of sh.it, expect and don't be surprised to smell like a toilet.
OR, when your home is infested with deadly BLACK MOLD, all one can do is tear it down, and build anew.

Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheAmericanPatriot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have no case. We'll be in Iraq for decades.
Our new Secretary of State and President are building a right of center foreign policy, they only realistic policy avilable. How things change when the campaigns all end.

Posts: 2069 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unfinished thought.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by meninarmer:
^ Rather, what you attribute to politics is no more than outright Racism.

Lol..look who's talking
Posts: 3773 | From: unfinished thought | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
I know, this guy is nothing but racist. He thinks we owe him something because one of his ancestors was a slave two centuries ago. Even the goofey afrocentrics on the other board think he is wierd.
People like meninarmer go through life obsessed with white people. It is all he ever talks about.

unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unfinished thought.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To live anywhere in the world today and be racist is like living in Alaska and being against snow.

-William Faulkner

Posts: 3773 | From: unfinished thought | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by TheAmericanPatriot:

People like meninarmer go through life obsessed with white people. It is all he ever talks about. [/QB]

There is no such thing as a "white" person.
Just a false nomenclature you've assigned to yourself for identification that remains in effect today due to your racist system.
In actuality, "whites" are simply descendants of Africans suffering from de-pigmentation via, Albinism.

Somewhere, far back in history in Africa, your ancestors were badly mistreated and in your insanity in response to this ill treatment, you became this;

These barbarians have a grim look, untidy hair, and an unpleasant smell.
They have no rituals worthy of the name.
They are liars and arrogant.
They conquer countries by fraud and force, ingratiating themselves before they oppress the natives.
At the heart of their conduct, is violence.

Taken from, State Of Maryland Public Media; Legacy Series, Origins Of Civilization, China" The Mandate Of God.

Isn't it time for you to reconcile your insanity and allow yourselves to heal mentally, and grow? Haven't you grown tired of killing everything in sight?

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

No such thing as white people? This guy is a bigger nut than we thought.
He talks about nothing but white people and now tells us there is no such thing. [Roll Eyes]

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
^ I am speaking YOUR language, I.E. White, black, Caucasian, Negro, etc.
These are not African constructs.
Plus, the above quote comes from the Chinese, who must also be "racists" to have that opinion of you.
LOL, let's not even speak about the Native American description which follows the name they used to describe members in their tribes with Albinism. Palefaces.

Isn't it time for you to reconcile your insanity and allow yourselves to heal mentally, and grow? Haven't you grown tired of killing everything in sight?

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
When we turn on the six o'clock news every night it is not white people we see killing everything in sight.
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
^ Perhaps you should change the channel from FOX News.
Hammer, your problem is, you've never really LIVED.
I'll bet you've never even dared venture out of racist Texas. LOL, Instead of just sitting in your garage feeding your auto-loaders and playing with them phony militias, you should have been man enough to join the real military.

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.caliverbooks.com/pages/ecw%20history/deveraux.jpg
[Robert Deveraux, 3rd Earl of Essex (1591-1646)]

It's childish to argue if Whites are more cruel, evil then Blacks or vice versa. Either they are equal or not equal and we accept white superiority. Then whites are superior in evil too. Nonsense.

By the way, my blue blood is black blood theory says that these cruelties were perpetrated by a Black and coloured European elite (1500-1789) against whites and non-noble blacks, who did not belong to the elite, and opposed this despotic elite. This also gave rise to the Enlightenment and French Revolution. Some 'enlightened despots' ended these practices way into the eighteen century.

I have been trying to get people to look for causes of hatred against blacks which are more recent and not mythical in tone, but rational and can be reproduced. The nobility identified itself with the image of the Moor and were described as black, the black boy, black tom, swarthy, very dark, brown black, chimney sweep etc. yet their museums show us white royal portraits. If blacks want to study history and expose revisionism which cuts out blacks from history, no part of history should escape their attention. Especially the areas which are deemed 'white.' These black nobles might be survivors of the original black europeans, who were called blue men in medieval times, while their descendents called themselves blue blood and ruled as nobles and kings in Europe (1500-1789)

(this is from my other thread)

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000892;p=1#000027

Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by of_gold:
Well I didn't realize that this was the black man's thread. [Roll Eyes]

Its saddening to see a prejudice black man yearning for segregation.

Never you mind! Just give us your views. If you understand how females are and were discriminated against, you can figure out racism against Blacks. Some people claim that there is no discrimination of women. These people are sometimes women too, like Margareth Thatcher. It's like not giving a permit to illegals, even after a decade living in a rich county, but not really deporting them. Because they remain exploited, without civil rights. You can get them to do almost anything. Poor whites get as worse a deal as blacks, but somehow they are convinced that the government is looking after their whites interest. This new crisis might shake things up and open peoples eyes to the truth.
Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
^ So what does all that soft & queer talk have to do with black enlistment in the racist US army?
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

I just wonder, do we feel better after trading all these insults? Did we accomplish anything. Are we satisfied?

As you can see i'm from Holland,where things are not the same as the US, so I approach things differently. But still I think we should use this opportunity well.

For Holland i Hate to see descendents of Dutch slaves and 19th century immigrant workers, who were treadted as slaves, helping their former masters to kill and enslave others who want to be free. It is just not right.

I guess that if you tried one method of changing things which did not work, you try something else. research things which massa told you not to meddle in, perhaps?

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Well, I guess the question also applies to blacks residing in Holland, and their willingness to serve in the Dutch military.
Holland is an US ally and does support Anti-terrorism and the Iraq campaign.

Also, many of the Jews who purchase black US interests such as, Motown, B.E.T., and other enterprises are located in Belgium. So, they definitely are interested in being protected.

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

quote:
Well, I guess the question also applies to blacks residing in Holland, and their willingness to serve in the Dutch military.

Also, many of the Jews who purchase black US interests such as, Motown, B.E.T., and other enterprises are located in Belgium. So, they definitely are interested in being protected.

WOULD BE VERY REFRESHING IF YOU STOPPED THE JEW/WHITES BASHING.
I'm totally puzzled, some times you sound like somebody with brains who has actually read Toni Morrisson, other times you come off as a wilful Nazi. Morrison has a poor white girl, an indentured labourer, help Sethè to deliver that baby. Many whites have voted Obama while only a few decades ago they would be throwing stones at black students who entered lily-white schools. Now be a dear and give me your sources on how many blacks were against the Iraq war and how many have enlisted. That is something to work with, not the goddam shouting contest you have made of my thread.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
No I haven't read Toni Morrison, nor Alice Walker. Those are like subscribing to and reading Oprah's "O" magazine. Not exactly a manly pursuit.

Many whites have voted Obama simply because they are AFRAID, and Obama presented a soft enough image to not frighten them more. The stars were aligned just right for Obama. It probably also helps that the US political machine has greased the wheels with 8 years of Bush, Wall Street, the Mortgage meltdown, etc., to make the conditions to make his election possible.
Until I observe otherwise, I look at Obama's election as a preplanned "buffer" period to calm the storm following Bush so as not to agitate citizens into extreme frustration & revolt. Following the 4-8 year buffer, the nation will return to business as usual.
Still, more whites did not vote for him that did.
Yes, I am a cynic, but so are many blacks in the US.

A case in point, is the ~55% in black military enlistment. Where blacks in the past have comprised up to 30% of the combined US military forces. Understand that? Blacks comprise 10% of the population, but 30% of the military. Why?
Many blacks have become cynical of the US's international policies, as well as their domestic policies, and refuse to be a part of it.
Hence, the drastic reduction in military enrollment.

Life would be simply grand, if it allowed blacks to pretend they were white, living their lives in gay fashion as whites do. However, the realistic picture is, black world wide are under extreme assault, and losing much more ground then they are making. There is no time for childish games and pursuit of fanciful wishful thinking.
That you are in love with your oppressors is no cause for me to follow the blind.

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
M,
Why minimize your numbers? You say "blacks" which would include "Hispanic" blacks, Haitians, blacks from Africa, etc. That should get you a number of some 15-16%.

But your general point is understood.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
^ I haven't taken time to review the general breakdown by ethnicity, however I imagine some of the reduction in Black enlistment is being slowly offset by Hispanics as well as newly migrating Russians and other Europeans.

Oh, I see what you are saying. Percentage of US population. Yes, I did go on the low side.

Recently, the military has lowered the acceptance again by accepting those with felony convictions. Since the courts are finally adjusting drug conviction disparity laws, many of the 100s of thousands of blacks presently incarcerated will be hitting the streets into the weak economy, unable to find employment with their records. They will be shunted over into military service as an alternative way to allow them to make a living.
Obama did say he plans on making government service a high priority.

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might note that at the heights of the Iraq war "blacks" who were not U.S. born were offered a "fast track to citizenship" if they signed up. Some did not make it past that: they died in combat.
Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Egmond Codfried:
quote:

I'm totally puzzled, some times you sound like somebody with brains who has actually read Toni Morrisson, other times you come off as a wilful Nazi. Morrison has a poor white girl, an indentured labourer, help Sethè to deliver that baby. Many whites have voted Obama while only a few decades ago they would be throwing stones at black students who entered lily-white schools. Now be a dear and give me your sources on how many blacks were against the Iraq war and how many have enlisted. That is something to work with, not the goddam shouting contest you have made of my thread.

Good post Egmond.

meninarmer, you are really in a sad situation there on your island alone. Truth be told, you have no idea how anyone besides yourself thinks. You post these black/white statics without anything to back them up.

You remind me of a black man in our community who was constantly stirring up trouble saying everything was a race issue. He complained that there were no blacks on the city council when the truth of the matter was that no black man had every run for city council.

He created a tension in the whole community even in the school district where the black children basically did not have to follow the same rules the white children did because they would shout racism anytime they were expected to comply.

Now that the city council and school board are racially diverse. I did work for one African American school board member who would complain to me about the school district not being tough enough on the black children. He said he wants his children to follow the rules and get a good education, that is why he moved here.

Obama's victory has nothing to do with his skin color. What it does have to do with is that here is a man who is articulate, intelligent, and wants to take the country in a new direction. You really insult him with your remarks. You should be ashamed, really.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one should read Toni Morrisson or Alice Walker. They are the reason we have the condescending picture of Black man, and gave us 50 cent et al
http://tinyurl.com/a23ltf

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
You might note that at the heights of the Iraq war "blacks" who were not U.S. born were offered a "fast track to citizenship" if they signed up. Some did not make it past that: they died in combat.

I didn't know this.
Now, I'm curious on how many they siked into joining and dying for them and their pursuit of Oil?

I have no doubt the same tactic will be used in AFRICOM, and if so, based on Africa's past level of cooperation, it will be very successful.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Egmond Codfried:
quote:

Good post Egmond.

meninarmer, you are really in a sad situation there on your island alone. Truth be told, you have no idea how anyone besides yourself thinks. You post these black/white statics without anything to back them up.

You remind me of a black man in our community who was constantly stirring up trouble saying everything was a race issue. He complained that there were no blacks on the city council when the truth of the matter was that no black man had every run for city council.

He created a tension in the whole community even in the school district where the black children basically did not have to follow the same rules the white children did because they would shout racism anytime they were expected to comply.

Now that the city council and school board are racially diverse. I did work for one African American school board member who would complain to me about the school district not being tough enough on the black children. He said he wants his children to follow the rules and get a good education, that is why he moved here.

Obama's victory has nothing to do with his skin color. What it does have to do with is that here is a man who is articulate, intelligent, and wants to take the country in a new direction. You really insult him with your remarks. You should be ashamed, really.

Yes, the BAD black man wanted an education system to reflect truth. What a bad person wanting to elevate the US education system from it's present 18Th and declining world position. Shame on him.
Heru-Tunde
Member # 16164

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heru-Tunde     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
of gold wrote:

Good post Egmond.

Obamas victory was a pre-planned action needed in order to keep black peoples minds doctile and furthermore stop the risk of a revolt or a malcolm x/marcus garvey persona emerging. if yu think that obama, could come from nothing, be funded billions of pounds, and then go on to be a president of one of the most racist countries is a coincidence, then theres serious mental problems that need adressing. You need to know how the master works, he would con and decieve people in order to achieve his goal, obama is nothing but a controlled puppet, used to appease to a people(blacks) who are always looking for a saviour, what they don't know is that really there not any closer to racial equality and justice than theyve ever been, the master still controls the country, obama is a black face, controlled by white power.(and on a side note how do you make someones post bold?)

--------------------
The future of the black revolution

Posts: 24 | From: South London aka South Babylon | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Obamas victory was a pre-planned action needed in order to keep black peoples minds doctile and furthermore stop the risk of a revolt or a malcolm x/marcus garvey persona emerging. if yu think that obama, could come from nothing, be funded billions of pounds, and then go on to be a president of one of the most racist countries is a coincidence, then theres serious mental problems that need adressing. You need to know how the master works, he would con and decieve people in order to achieve his goal, obama is nothing but a controlled puppet, used to appease to a people(blacks) who are always looking for a saviour, what they don't know is that really there not any closer to racial equality and justice than theyve ever been, the master still controls the country, obama is a black face, controlled by white power.(and on a side note how do you make someones post bold?)
Oh, I get it now. The white master put a black man in power of the most powerful country in the world to apease the black man. This was done to insure that the black man would not revolt and would continue to remain a slave. [Roll Eyes] Did you think this up on your own or is there some underground organization giving you this brilliant information? Now please tell us, is the Obama presidency to keep all black men docile world wide, or just here in the states?

Hey Mr. 3 post genius, Who are you and what was your previous id? Maybe you don't want people to discover you while you enlighten everyone about Obama being a puppet. Good idea. [Wink]

Don't you think the white man blew it this time? Shouldn't he of put a stupid black man into office instead of an intelligent one? Usually puppets are dummies.

(and on a side note how do you make someones post bold?) Figure it out on your own Einstein.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heru-Tunde
Member # 16164

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heru-Tunde     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ if your not intellectual enough to understand what i'm talking about i think its best i do not reply after this, there are many people, like you(the majority) of blacks in america and abroad who beleive everything they hear, especially from the media, first of all as i said in previous post obama is nothing but a puppet,and the elections were planned,for people like you who believe in "democratic america" i really can't be bothered to argue with you if you don't undestand where im coming from, obama is just another black man, with white bosses, he is not the most powerful man in america, and is not the wholesome character he is portayed to be. and to answer your questions, if you've actually been to a african country, you would see that american culture plays an influential role, in theirs, blacks over in africa, follow trends of those in the diaspora, its also fair to say that the revolutionary blacks of the 20th century have mostly come from the diaspora (bar a few), dr josef jochannan and kwame nkrumah) i.e marcus garvey, malcolm x, farrakhan, khalid muhammed, dr john henrik clarke. Blacks in africa are less of a threat as a vast majority of them are even more doctile than the blacks in America. And im actually new to this forum i was only introduced to the forum a few days ago.(of_load, ive figured it out thanks for the help Tom.

--------------------
The future of the black revolution

Posts: 24 | From: South London aka South Babylon | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Heru-Tunde:
Blacks in africa are less of a threat as a vast majority of them are even more doctile than the blacks in America.

Perhaps where you come from, if you are even African for that matter. If you knew any ounce of African history, you'd know that they are anything but docile. Africans pretty much have clear heritages intact and their own cultures; they don't, nor need to or try to emulate others just to have a culture. Again, if that's the case with *your* own fellow citizens/nationality, then that is an entirely different matter.
Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heru-Tunde
Member # 16164

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by The Explorer:
quote:
Blacks in africa are less of a threat as a vast majority of them are even more doctile than the blacks in America.

Perhaps where you come from, if you are even African for that matter. If you knew any ounce of African history, you'd know that they are anything but docile. Africans pretty much have clear heritages intact and their own cultures; they don't, nor need to or try to emulate others just to have a culture. Again, if that's the case with *your* own fellow citizens/nationality, then that is an entirely different matter.
Beleive me i know a vast amount about african history, but i'm not talking about africa was then before the arab/european invaders im talking about how africa is now, me myself im a black man with proud african heritage, and have been to a number of african countries, i.e ghana, nigeria, liberia, egypt, as a person with nigerian heritage, i see that many of my people and particularly other west africans, are suffering from the effects of colonisation and you cannot disagree with that, when i say that alot of africans are doctile, im not lying, alot are still effected by the imperialism of the white man and look to him for how to live thier lives whether it be, music, religion, fashion, and movies, for example the nigerian entertainment industry is named nollywood after hollywood. if you look at the history of pan-africanism you would see that a large proportion of those proposing the idea came from the diaspora bar a few, i.e dr josef jochannan, by saying this im not saying africans do not have heritage as i am a african myself, im just commenting on what i see everyday.
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Beleive me i know a vast amount about african history, but i'm not talking about africa was then before the arab/european invaders im talking about how africa is now, me myself im a black man with proud african heritage, and have been to a number of african countries, i.e ghana, nigeria, liberia, egypt, as a person with nigerian heritage, i see that many of my people and particularly other west africans, are suffering from the effects of colonisation and you cannot disagree with that, when i say that alot of africans are doctile, im not lying, alot are still effected by the imperialism of the white man and look to him for how to live thier lives whether it be, music, religion, fashion, and movies, for example the nigerian entertainment industry is named nollywood after hollywood. if you look at the history of pan-africanism you would see that a large proportion of those proposing the idea came from the diaspora bar a few, i.e dr josef jochannan, by saying this im not saying africans do not have heritage as i am a african myself, im just commenting on what i see everyday.

Heru-Tunde, I don't doubt that history of colonialism has had a lasting impact on Africans socially and economically, but rather, I'm disturbed by your seeming generalization with the 'docile' descriptive. The reason for this "lasting impact", is largely due to what I call neo-colonialism. Years after many of the African anti-colonial mass movements spurred local colonial regimes to come to terms with "token" independence, by appealing to bourgeois "activist" figures who decided to align themselves with the movement of the masses yearning for social democracy, African states are by and large still loyal to their former colonial regimes; the only difference now, is that the regimes are usually overseas and don't generally have local governing satellites made up of the colonialist nations themselves. But you need to be able to delineate between the interests of a thin layer of African ruling elites and those of the masses. Many of the aforementioned African bourgeois "activists" who previously aligned themselves with the mass movement had not lived up to the promises of their rhetoric, and by continuing to align themselves with former colonialists after independence, they betrayed the masses. This in no way makes the masses of African any more docile than the masses of other peoples under smaller layers of elites, whose interests are usually antagonistic to those of the masses.

When African masses were transformed to the modern working class of the industrial age, the contradictions of the framework within which this transformation took place, urged African masses to reject the brutal conditions in which their labor was being super-exploited; this found expression in mass movements against the brutally inhumane colonialism. This doesn't suggest a docile peoples; quite to the contrary, and it post-dates pre-Arab and European contacts or invasions eras.

In an age of globalization, and of course as a result of colonial history, it is not surprising to see pop culture influences spread across the borders of nations. After all, Africans see movies made in the so-called West and from the East, like those from China and India. These are bound to leave some impression and admiration for things "exotic" amongst audiences of these products, especially amongst the youth. I don't exactly consider this an expression of being docile. Seeing that you are African, I would think you'd also realize how relatively conservative Africans are, when it comes to culture; sure change is occurring, but that is not something limited to Africans. It is happening any and everywhere that is not isolated from globalization within the existing geopolitical and economic framework.

For the record, African mass movements were not ignited by "Pan-African" bourgeois figures of the diaspora and Africa; those personalities saw mass discontent, and thereof, the already bourgeoning mass movement [that developed within the masses themselves, not introduced by bourgeois "Pan Africanist" figures] against the capilatist colonial framework within which they were being super-exploited and stripped off their sovereignty. These Pan-Africanist figures and other bourgeois African figures sought to align themselves with a movement that was already underway with or without them. It is the betrayal by these same figures which to this day continues to spur mass social unrest; in most cases, these social unrests are met with brutal suppression with the aid of "colonial turned neo-colonial" allies. This doesn't mean though, that they [mass social unrest] don't erupt. So, I beg to differ with the generalized descriptive of the African as "docile". But perhaps you have your own idea of what "docile" entails, in which case, it is apparently different from mine.

Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ could you be more specific? Who were these "Pan-African bourgeois figures of the Diaspora and Africa" that saw this already bourgeoning mass "movement"? And could you identify this "movement" that was already underway? Was it an organisation, an institution or are you just referring to mass feelings of discontent in general? And if it is the latter don't you think calling this a "movement" is misleading? You leftys are so good at theoretical abstractions as opposed to reality.
Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heru-Tunde
Member # 16164

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by The Explorer:
quote:

Heru-Tunde, I don't doubt that history of colonialism has had a lasting impact on Africans socially and economically, but rather, I'm disturbed by your seeming generalization with the 'docile' descriptive. The reason for this "lasting impact", is largely due to what I call neo-colonialism. Years after many of the African anti-colonial mass movements spurred local colonial regimes to come to terms with "token" independence, by appealing to bourgeois "activist" figures who decided to align themselves with the movement of the masses yearning for social democracy, African states are by and large still loyal to their former colonial regimes; the only difference now, is that the regimes are usually overseas and don't generally have local governing satellites made up of the colonialist nations themselves. But you need to be able to delineate between the interests of a thin layer of African ruling elites and those of the masses. Many of the aforementioned African bourgeois "activists" who previously aligned themselves with the mass movement had not lived up to the promises of their rhetoric, and by continuing to align themselves with former colonialists after independence, they betrayed the masses. This in no way makes the masses of African any more docile than the masses of other peoples under smaller layers of elites, whose interests are usually antagonistic to those of the masses.

When African masses were transformed to the modern working class of the industrial age, the contradictions of the framework within which this transformation took place, urged African masses to reject the brutal conditions in which their labor was being super-exploited; this found expression in mass movements against the brutally inhumane colonialism. This doesn't suggest a docile peoples; quite to the contrary, and it post-dates pre-Arab and European contacts or invasions eras.

In an age of globalization, and of course as a result of colonial history, it is not surprising to see pop culture influences spread across the borders of nations. After all, Africans see movies made in the so-called West and from the East, like those from China and India. These are bound to leave some impression and admiration for things "exotic" amongst audiences of these products, especially amongst the youth. I don't exactly consider this an expression of being docile. Seeing that you are African, I would think you'd also realize how relatively conservative Africans are, when it comes to culture; sure change is occurring, but that is not something limited to Africans. It is happening any and everywhere that is not isolated from globalization within the existing geopolitical and economic framework.

For the record, African mass movements were not ignited by "Pan-African" bourgeois figures of the diaspora and Africa; those personalities saw mass discontent, and thereof, the already bourgeoning mass movement [that developed within the masses themselves, not introduced by bourgeois "Pan Africanist" figures] against the capilatist colonial framework within which they were being super-exploited and stripped off their sovereignty. These Pan-Africanist figures and other bourgeois African figures sought to align themselves with a movement that was already underway with or without them. It is the betrayal by these same figures which to this day continues to spur mass social unrest; in most cases, these social unrests are met with brutal suppression with the aid of "colonial turned neo-colonial" allies. This doesn't mean though, that they [mass social unrest] don't erupt. So, I beg to differ with the generalized descriptive of the African as "docile". But perhaps you have your own idea of what "docile" entails, in which case, it is apparently different from mine.

i guess in some ways your right, maybe i should of said a large proportion of africans and blacks are mislead, and to a certain degree brainwashed, when i said docile i meant that a large proportion of blacks in general are not continuing in the legacies of marcus garvey, malcolm x, and so on, the only thing i seem to hear nowadyas is that things are better for blacks and that revolutionary icons like garvey and co are not needed? while people in thier mother continent are suffering, and a majority of blacks in the diaspora are unwilling to help classing themselves as "americans" well so be it, maybe is a case of feeling unattached with thier people, what i meant to say in the earlier posts are that the majority of blacks are in a false consciousness.
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by akoben:
^ could you be more specific? Who were these "Pan-African bourgeois figures of the Diaspora and Africa" that saw this already bourgeoning mass "movement"? And could you identify this "movement" that was already underway? Was it an organisation, an institution or are you just referring to mass feelings of discontent in general? And if it is the latter don't you think calling this a "movement" is misleading? You leftys are so good at theoretical abstractions as opposed to reality.

It will lead directly to mass recruitment and cooperation with AFRICOM once they get rolling.
Millions of Africans will stampede to get in line to wear an AFRICOM uniform in even greater numbers then when they joined the ranks of the British Army.

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

quote:
Perhaps a lil’ bit off topic. But I wanted to make a clean break a few years ago and joined my neighbourhood ‘council.’ Boy did I ever! I joined the newspaper board, introduced some changes and started some participation drives. Election time came; I put myself up as a candidate. What happened? According to the rules they need 25 persons present on voting day. Lo and behold, twenty vive family members of the sitting board showed up and voted their wives, brothers and uncles again into office. On the candidate list were people who never showed up. I contacted them and they told me they had never entered their names. So was kept out, in spite of my 12 votes for which I campaigned as fiercely like Obama. The board has ghost members. Non-whites are just scared away from these places with the blessing of the city council.
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

quote:
Originally posted by lamin:

This is the thing. The military machine is hungry for flesh. Here they do not give blacks and muslims proper jobs so they will have to go and enlist. It's perceived as integration, showing loyalty: blacks being happy to go and kill other blacks.
of_gold
Member # 13418

Here a black man can become president. [Smile]

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

quote:
Here a black man can become president. [Smile]

Good for you, Honey! I wouldn’t trust Obama as far as I can kick him. Over here in Horror Land we had our first Moroccan Mayor, of Rotterdam: it was called the ‘Obama Effect’ and he has to rid Holland from its ‘Moroccan problem.’ Just like Hitler helped Europe with its ‘Jewish Problem.’

But granted, I do generalise a bit for effect when I say that the 'white's' over here seem like people from which the spirit of defiance has been completely beaten out. People are murdered in their name and they don’t seem to give a damn, gorge themselves on beer, weed and chicken legs. They belief and accept any ****, any lie, that their government seems to lay on them. Look at Ol'Grand Dragon here soiling my thread with his hatred. He never sounded more hatefull then on christmas!

White's are kept in check by a ruthless elite which considers them nothing more then ‘tax paying cows,’ cannon fodder, expandable; you name it. However, they tell them every day how 'the other' is after them, coming to get them, while every thinking person understands that it was Bush himself who bombed the US on 9/11, claiming 'vaporised planes.' He did not flinch from killing white folks, did he?

Powell, housenigger extraordinaire, gave an expose of lies in the UN about weapons in Iraq. Iraq was supposed to be able to strike ‘the Fucking Free West’ in 45 minutes with deadly force. So if whites were not so much in fear of Blacks and 'the other,' things might improve overnight, in the whole world. Let Bush and his wife together with this nice black couple Obama and daughters go and invade Iran by themselves. That will be the shortest war ever!

My fight is rather with ideologies them skin colour. I hate the fact that they daily massacre poor folks in Afghanistan, using my tax money to buy cluster bombs, mines etc. Why? So they can smuggle dope to the west? I hate the sight of young men drowning in the Mediterranean because they do not get a faire price for their cacao which goes into making chocolate, a luxury product.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're certainly a more sensible person than meninarmer. This is becoming clear as I actually bother to read your posts these days.

Meninarmer, bruv, happy new year. I haven't had words from you in a while, wassup? You know, I was re-reading 1984 just the other day and whenever I was reading something about O'Brien you came to my mind. I wonder why?

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Yes, I am "unreasonable" because I am not a weak and shallow man.
That you bother to read O'Brien has nothing to do with me, but rather serves as yet another indication of your feeble and weak mental state.
Man up, little blood! A boy cannot emulate his mother forever.

Also note, the topic of the thread is, Black Americans should not enlist.....
Your weak ass comes in here and as usual with you and Hammer, being shallow and weak, offer no opinion on the topic, and no real or significant contribution. Perhaps, you fail to find the appropriate Youtube rap vid to speak for you.

Egmond's confused ass created the thread and is not a Black American. So, his opinions only apply to being black and serving in EUROPE, which is clear he has NOT, and failed to mention why he hasn't. But, don't ask, don't tell.

Your weak ass should prepare to be fitted for an AFRICOM uniform, or at least begin to comprehend how Obama's AFRICOM will effect you versus taking the usual path of choice of the weak, denial.

Shady Aftermath
Member # 14754

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shady Aftermath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AFRICOM IS SOME WEAK ASS BITCHES AND SNITCHES.

--------------------
[Big Grin]

Posts: 368 | From: Oxford | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Posted by meninarmer:
quote:
Yes, I am "unreasonable" because I am not a weak and shallow man.
That you bother to read O'Brien has nothing to do with me, but rather serves as yet another indication of your feeble and weak mental state.
Man up, little blood! A boy cannot emulate his mother forever.

This is a variable depending on if you are a person who for instance sees Hitler as strong or Gandhi as strong. I personally see Gandhi as strong, and I view Egmond as being the stronger man in comparison to you being weak.

Posted by Egmond:
quote:
My fight is rather with ideologies them skin colour. I hate the fact that they daily massacre poor folks in Afghanistan, using my tax money to buy cluster bombs, mines etc. Why? So they can smuggle dope to the west? I hate the sight of young men drowning in the Mediterranean because they do not get a faire price for their cacao which goes into making chocolate, a luxury product.
Bravo, I agree.

I met a wonderful "African American" last night. We were both in Radio Shack and he struck up a conversation with me as we walked out. While standing in the cold we touched on politics and religion. We were of like minded, he said that he does not see color, that it is just skin pigment and what is important is the inside of the person. I mentioned this thread and how meninarmer has the whites pitted against the blacks. His response "He is like Rush Limbaugh". I use this example to show an "African American" who sides with Egmond.

It is my opinion that people who pit one race or religion against the other are the problem. It is them who divided us by skin color or belief. It is them who are out to destroy everyone who does not look or act as they do.

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Rush pits whites against blacks? Gold, Hitler was stronger than Ghandi, he would have had him shot. That may not be the ethical hing to do in terms of some 2009 western value system but it is reality. Power is power and power is strong in every case. Power is the ability to get things done. Sometimes they are bad and sometimes good but if not for power we would still live in caves.
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Gold, Hitler was stronger than Ghandi, he would have had him shot.

Hmmm... is that why Hitler is still here and thriving?

TAP, you're not too wise for an old man. Ghandi's legacy is today stronger than that of Hitler's.

Sun Tzu said:

"In the practical art of war, the best thing of all is to take the enemy's country whole and intact; to shatter and destroy it is not so good. So, too, it is better to capture an army entire than to destroy it, to capture a regiment, a detachment or a company entire than to destroy them."

Meditate on the above passage, as we see Obama in office, who revered MLK who in turn revered Ghandi. All that is left is to get the timing right. [Wink]

You may find this "enlightening".
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Aps6iPMWeMI

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Herukhuti:
quote:
Gold, Hitler was stronger than Ghandi, he would have had him shot.

Hmmm... is that why Hitler is still here and thriving?

TAP, you're not too wise for an old man. Ghandi's legacy is today stronger than that of Hitler's.

Sun Tzu said:

"In the practical art of war, the best thing of all is to take the enemy's country whole and intact; to shatter and destroy it is not so good. So, too, it is better to capture an army entire than to destroy it, to capture a regiment, a detachment or a company entire than to destroy them."

Meditate on the above passage, as we see Obama in office, who revered MLK who in turn revered Ghandi. All that is left is to get the timing right. [Wink]

You may find this "enlightening".
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Aps6iPMWeMI

If he really "revered" non violence why is he calling for more troops in Afghanistan? To turn the other cheek? If he really "revered" non violence why did he not speak out against violence in Gaza as he did Darfur? And what are American troops doing in Afghanistan if not to "shatter and destroy" the damn place? J-Horus you make no damn sense as usual.

The moment Barack Obama took the oath of office, he became commander in chief of America's far-flung global empire, more than 800 military bases strung across the planet, and at least a million and a half uniformed personnel, secret prisons, torturers, and looters of whole economies. The US spends more on arms than all the rest of the planet combined, and in spite of our economic woes, Obama is not committed to reducing this. He may ask us to cut "entitlements" and tighten our belts, but reducing the military budget, the production of arms and the training of bloodthirsty proxy armies in poor countries all around the world is not to be questioned under an Obama administration.
Link.

Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Gaza, I thought you were pro Palestinian? Odd that you should be such a strong Obama supporter.
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
^ I'm not an Obama supporter much less a "strong" one you stupid red neck. lol
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
You also cannot read, the post a response to Gaza. I know better than to ask you even a simple question.
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Oh my god. And now I will demonstrate your illiteracy yet again. Yes, I mentioned the violence in Gaza. So what?
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com