EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Homosexuality in precolonial Africa (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Homosexuality in precolonial Africa
markellion
Member # 14131

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for markellion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
For whatever reason some East African warrior age men practiced it in war time when away from home to keep off the enemy women. There were instances from other African societies where military reasons had nothing to do with the practice. And I don't mean in just North Africa where in Siwa man-boy marriage was outlawed in the last century

quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
Look who answered the call. As I said it is un-African. It NEVER got transferred to the new world Africans. So it is not within OUR customs. I am not sure who you are but the bros from the West/South NEVER accepted it.

alTakruri seems to be right. Some African societies might have had taboos against homosexuality but Mugabe is just repeating things slave masters and colonialists have drummed into people's heads.

A quick search on homosexuality in Vodoun before I went to school

http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/Homosexuality_and_Voodoo_-_Views_of_Homosexuality/id/1480212

quote:
Countries with large Voodoo populations may not be as open to homosexuality as one would expect. All of these countries countries have been colonized by European powers, especially France and Spain, who imposed their Roman Catholicism on the people. This had the effect of importing European views on homosexuality to these nations. For instance, in Benin, a former French colony, homosexuality remains a crime. In Haiti, homosexuality remains taboo, especially in extremely poor areas where many people are forced to live in small spaces. ...
http://pub47.bravenet.com/faq/show.php?usernum=3951612168&catid=8683#q1

quote:
The “official stance” of GBL’s involvement in the Mami Wata Vodoun religion has been a constant source of conflict, denial and on-going debate in West Africa for decades. Up until the present, the MWHS has parroted the “official stance ” of the elders in the Vodoun religion, the majority who are against initiating GLBs.

However, after years of careful examination of the West African Vodoun culture, there has been no definitive consensus or evidence that the Mami Wata and Vodoun SPIRITS have rejected the GLB community, the MWHS objective is to follow the dictates of the SPIRITS, and can state without reservation, that all, regardless of gender or sexual orientation are welcome into the Mami Wata Vodoun Religion.

quote:
"Some people believe homosexuality is an idea brought [to Africa] by the white man. But it has always been here. What the white man brought was homophobia clothed in religious doctrines that we did not have before." That's the voice of Donna Smith, the head of the Forum for the Empowerment of Women, as quoted in a Mail & Guardian article on gay life in South Africa today, where fear and violence are common. Read Mail & Guardian article...

A GLBTQ encyclopedia article by sociologist Stephen O. Murray on pre-independence sub-Saharan Africa says: "There is now a belief that homosexuality is a decadent, bourgeois Western innovation forced upon colonial Africa by white men, or, alternately, by Islamic slave-traders. The belief of many Africans that homosexuality is exogenous to the history of their people is a belief with real social consequences [but] not, however, based on serious inquiry, historical or otherwise." Read "The Myth of Exclusive Heterosexuality..."

http://africanhistory.about.com/b/2006/11/07/homosexuality-as-part-of-pre-colonial-africa.htm?iam=momma_100_SKD&terms=Homosexuality+in+africa

To believe homosexuality was never a part of precolonial Africa is to be in denial as much as many white people don't want to admit the Hellenes had allot of respect for African Civilizations (which include Kemet)

Europeans made homosexuality a taboo after adopting Christianity and the church wanting to make everything a sin, the irony is Africans and African Americans would adopt this idea and believe homosexuality only came from Europeans and turn it around and claim homosexuality is a result of the corrupt European culture and never a part of the pure African culture. Distorting history so it fit your beliefs because the truth is uncomfortable

It's my opinion that if we stop persecuting gay people things like the annoying "we're here we're queer" parades and politicians having sex in bathrooms will die out

Also if anyone wonders gay people were called fagots because they were lit on fire in the middle ages

Posts: 2642 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are kidding right. Don't know why these fruits like to link their cause with ours.

As I said - It NEVER filtered thru in the West. Not sure what the bros in the East and North were up to. ALL parts of the new world it is outright ostracized within the black community.

quote:
Originally posted by markellion:
quote:
For whatever reason some East African warrior age men practiced it in war time when away from home to keep off the enemy women. There were instances from other African societies where military reasons had nothing to do with the practice. And I don't mean in just North Africa where in Siwa man-boy marriage was outlawed in the last century

quote:
Look who answered the call. As I said it is un-African. It NEVER got transferred to the new world Africans. So it is not within OUR customs. I am not sure who you are but the bros from the West/South NEVER accepted it.

alTakruri seems to be right. Some African societies might have had taboos against homosexuality but Mugabe is just repeating things slave masters and colonialists have drummed into people's heads.

A quick search on homosexuality in Vodoun before I went to school

http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/Homosexuality_and_Voodoo_-_Views_of_Homosexuality/id/1480212

quote:
Countries with large Voodoo populations may not be as open to homosexuality as one would expect. All of these countries countries have been colonized by European powers, especially France and Spain, who imposed their Roman Catholicism on the people. This had the effect of importing European views on homosexuality to these nations. For instance, in Benin, a former French colony, homosexuality remains a crime. In Haiti, homosexuality remains taboo, especially in extremely poor areas where many people are forced to live in small spaces. ...
http://pub47.bravenet.com/faq/show.php?usernum=3951612168&catid=8683#q1

quote:
The “official stance” of GBL’s involvement in the Mami Wata Vodoun religion has been a constant source of conflict, denial and on-going debate in West Africa for decades. Up until the present, the MWHS has parroted the “official stance ” of the elders in the Vodoun religion, the majority who are against initiating GLBs.

However, after years of careful examination of the West African Vodoun culture, there has been no definitive consensus or evidence that the Mami Wata and Vodoun SPIRITS have rejected the GLB community, the MWHS objective is to follow the dictates of the SPIRITS, and can state without reservation, that all, regardless of gender or sexual orientation are welcome into the Mami Wata Vodoun Religion.

quote:
"Some people believe homosexuality is an idea brought [to Africa] by the white man. But it has always been here. What the white man brought was homophobia clothed in religious doctrines that we did not have before." That's the voice of Donna Smith, the head of the Forum for the Empowerment of Women, as quoted in a Mail & Guardian article on gay life in South Africa today, where fear and violence are common. Read Mail & Guardian article...

A GLBTQ encyclopedia article by sociologist Stephen O. Murray on pre-independence sub-Saharan Africa says: "There is now a belief that homosexuality is a decadent, bourgeois Western innovation forced upon colonial Africa by white men, or, alternately, by Islamic slave-traders. The belief of many Africans that homosexuality is exogenous to the history of their people is a belief with real social consequences [but] not, however, based on serious inquiry, historical or otherwise." Read "The Myth of Exclusive Heterosexuality..."

http://africanhistory.about.com/b/2006/11/07/homosexuality-as-part-of-pre-colonial-africa.htm?iam=momma_100_SKD&terms=Homosexuality+in+africa

To believe homosexuality was never a part of precolonial Africa is to be in denial as much as many white people don't want to admit the Hellenes had allot of respect for African Civilizations (which include Kemet)

Europeans made homosexuality a taboo after adopting Christianity and the church wanting to make everything a sin, the irony is Africans and African Americans would adopt this idea and believe homosexuality only came from Europeans and turn it around and claim homosexuality is a result of the corrupt European culture and never a part of the pure African culture. Distorting history so it fit your beliefs because the truth is uncomfortable

It's my opinion that if we stop persecuting gay people things like the annoying "we're here we're queer" parades and politicians having sex in bathrooms will die out

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
markellion
Member # 14131

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for markellion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your just in denial, if it makes you uncomfortable think about what it's like to be persecuted for something you can't control like gay people are everyday... or like being black

We can reverse the scenario. Gay people often marry people of the opposite sex because society won't let them have that kind of relationship with the same sex. Now how would you like it if you were forced to not go out with woman but with other men

Posts: 2642 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fag.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fact is Xyyman never studied the issue and so is
only giving his gut reaction about it as dictated
by his imagination and chauvinism regarding those
he assumes ancestral attachments. It is common
for some black Americans to indulge themselves in
fantasies about an Africa of their imagination that
never existed in reality. They do this to make up
for their tragic loss of lineal African identity and
ethnic heritage. Other Africans in the Americas strive
to educate themselves for accurate knowledge about
the home continent and their links to it.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One example of homosexuality in West Africa would
be the Mossi who kept pageboys attired as and used
as if they were women by the rulership.

These pages weren't allowed sex with females and
were tested to assure they had not. Upon adulthood
a page would be given a wife by the government
official he had been attched to.

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WTF are you talking about. No disrespect - but some people are born that way ie FEW. These days it is a frigging fad. Disgusting. I have no probelm with people BORN that way. But it is out of control.

As I said it is UN-AFRICAN.

quote:
Your just in denial, if it makes you uncomfortable think about what it's like to be persecuted for something you can't control like gay people are everyday... or like being black

We can reverse the scenario. Gay people often marry people of the opposite sex because society won't let them have that kind of relationship with the same sex. Now how would you like it if you were forced to not go out with woman but with other men

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
No disrespect - but some people are born that way ie FEW. These days it is a frigging fad. Disgusting. I have no probelm with people BORN that way. But it is out of control.

WORD!!!

They're almost forcing us to participate in "gay talk" and "gay jokes" in the UK now. All the TV shows are about gayness or includes a gay person, there can't be that many people who are gay all of a sudden right???

I may be paranoid, but I think there is a cynical agenda behind it all.

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jo Nongowa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Homosexuality as an individual inclination or preference has been found in all nations, tribes and tongues of people under the sun.

From time immemorial, the African people and Diasporan Africans (in recent times) have always viewed homosexuality as abberant and a deviant form of sexual behaviour. Practitioners are regarded as suffering from a mental health disorder; which must be addressed with a view to cure.

However, when such persons threaten the peace or moral fabric of any African community or society; they suffer exile, banishment and, in some instances, the extreme penalty.

This is the African viewpoint on homosexuality; at home (from north to south and east to west in Africa), and in the Diaspora.

Frankly speaking, differing viewpoints remind me of those stll searching for or hoping that someday 'weapons of mass destruction' will be found in Iraq.

Posts: 387 | From: England, UK | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jo Nongowa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Homosexuality as an individual inclination or preference has been found in all nations, tribes and tongues of people under the sun.

From time immemorial, the African people and Diasporan Africans (in recent times) have always viewed homosexuality as abberant and a deviant form of sexual behaviour. Practitioners are regarded as suffering from a mental health disorder; which must be addressed with a view to cure.

However, when such persons threaten the peace or moral fabric of any African community or society; they suffer exile, banishment and, in some instances, the extreme penalty.

This is the African viewpoint on homosexuality; at home (from north to south and east to west in Africa), and in the Diaspora.

Frankly speaking, differing viewpoints remind me of those stll searching for or hoping that someday 'weapons of mass destruction' will be found in Iraq.

Posts: 387 | From: England, UK | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^I didn't get your point.
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
There is no monolithic African viewpoint on
homosexuality. Blanket homophobic statements
will not change the facts about which ethnies
not only permitted but actually trained some
boys to be sex objects for the military and
the aristocracy.

Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
Apologies for the double post.

HORUS,

Re my point: This is the African viewpoint about homosexuality; pre-invasion/conquest and currently.

Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
There is a 'monolithic African viewpoint on homosexuality'. I've just posted it. Not a single African (indigenous or diasporan) can comment otherwise. Even a Mossi!
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^You're spreading divisive propaganda it appears.
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
All you've posted is one African's unresearched
viewpoint on homosexuality in African societies.

Ignoring the evidence doesn't make it go away.
homosesexuality. Most societies are against
it, some societies groomed boys into it for
the military and/or the aristocracy, other
societies didn't care one way or the other.

No one African can speak for all Africa.
One can only speak for ones self and in
this instance one is projecting their
opinion onto all of Africa as a sort of
defense mechanism for an imaginary
African high ground.

quote:
Originally posted by Jo Nongowa:
There is a 'monolithic African viewpoint on homosexuality'. I've just posted it. Not a single African (indigenous or diasporan) can comment otherwise. Even a Mossi!

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Thank you!!! I believe you are from the continent.

I can speak for the African communities here and the Caribbean. It is UNWELCOMED.. . . at least back in the day.

quote:

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Yeah!! I wonder what the 10 wives were doing. Guest they weren't enough. [Wink] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
quote:
homosexuality. Blanket homophobic statements
will not change the facts about which ethnies
not only permitted but actually trained some
boys to be sex objects for the military and
the aristocracy.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^I am also from the continent. But then, even in the UK it is still UNWELCOME, I think it's becoming more popular here simply because someone is promoting it.

Growing up, I didn't even know of such a concept. Most people didn't speak of it.

Until in boarding school (Nigeria) when I was 13 or 14, while "skiiving off" evening Prep studies, me and the gang caught 2 guys in bed doing God knows what. I/We taxed them for all their provisions [Big Grin] for the whole of the next term. It was a mean thing to do but ****it, we were kids.

I told my mother about it when I go home during hols - it was only then that I understood that some people were "like that".

My point is: Don't say "Africans are homophobic" as a way to single out Africans. *OTHER PEOPLE* are just as homophobic.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Thank you!! There you have it from two from the continent. Case and thread closed.

Keep your orientation to yourselves and stop linking it with the African cause.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Unwelcome doesn't mean non-existant and still
doesn't disprove that there were African
societies that promoted it between matured
men and immatured boys.

Understand the difference between reporting
the existance of homosexuality in Africa
versus judging the right or wrong of it.

Ignoring the evidence doesn't make it go away.
homosesexuality. Most societies are against
it, some societies groomed boys into it for
the military and/or the aristocracy, other
societies didn't care one way or the other.

Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
Horus:

Why would you take issue with an African on this matter? From your posts and the manner in which lexicon and syntax are utilised, one can safely presume that you are of West African origin. Now, name me one nation, tribe or tongue in West Africa or anywhere in Africa that celebrates homosexuality or views it as a norm; and I will debate the matter with you.

Having said this, no inference can be drawn from my posts that I do not acknowledge individuals engaging in homosexuality. Moreover, I have stated no personal viewpoint on the matter.

Propaganda, young man, is what has underpinned Asiatic and subsequent European scholarship on African people for almost 2000 years. I will not subscribe unwittingly to their agenda of supremacy by being 'objective' in my dealings with them. If they were objective in their dealings with African people we would not be having this discussion.

I trust you are aware of CHINWEIZU.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Celebrating is far from practicing. The fact
remains that the Mossi trained a class of
boys as pages to the aristocracy for uses
of homosexuality. Not stopping there, but
ensuring there would be an ongoing supply
of such youth the aristocracy after giving
grown up former pages a wife would take
the first child resultant from the marriage
away from the parents if it was a boy and
raise that boy up to be in turn a page (soroné).

Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
And the Mossi told you this??
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
Moreover, with respect. its somewhat superfluous and bordering on the ridiculous to suggest that I need to research from foreigners details and facts about my history and culture.

I live it.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
And millions of Africans told you that??

--------------------

Wolofi
Member # 14892

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolofi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah stop making Africa gay and European that is disrespectful
Posts: 343 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
alTakrui:

Well, yes.

Their silence, on this forum, as it relates to repudiating my posts is deafening and speakes volumes.

Don't you think?

markellion
Member # 14131

Member Rated:
Just because Africans adobted a certain view from Europeans doesn't change what pre-Colonial attitudes were or pre Christian attitudes in Europe. And yes Africa and Europe are both diverse

Also there is no conspiracy in the media [Roll Eyes] they show whatever keeps the public watching so they can keep making money. I have never met anyone who acted the queer stereotype we see on tv even though I know some gay people

If it seems like there are more gay people today that might be because they don't have to be afraid of being tied to the back of a truck and drug to death.

Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
The stench of subliminal racism:

"Just because Africans adobted a certain view from Europeans".

I give up.

markellion
Member # 14131

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Wolofi:
Yeah stop making Africa gay and European that is disrespectful

I find it insulting that you think homosexuality is somehow "European" or uniquely European. I'm simply saying in some societies, including in Africa, it is not taboo.

there are Nazi groups that try to distort or make stuff up about old European cultures just to fit the reality they want to believe in. Views and attitudes change and people try to create a history around modern ideas

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Yes you need to research. You were no more born
with all knowledge of all Africa than I was.
The difference is I don't claim to represent
anyone except myself.

--------------------

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
No I think not. Millions of Africans are not on
this forum. If all the Africans on this forum
were to agree with you it doesn't make the
evidence dissipate to the wind.

quote:
alTakrui:

Well, yes.

Their silence, on this forum, as it relates to repudiating my posts is deafening and speakes volumes.

Don't you think?

Member # 11484

Rate Member
quote:
Just because Africans adobted a certain view from Europeans doesn't change what pre-Colonial attitudes were or pre Christian attitudes in Europe. And yes Africa and Europe are both diverse

If it seems like there are more gay people today that might be because they don't have to be afraid of being tied to the back of a truck and drug to death.

Gays are not killed or maimed in Nigeria where I grew up. They are treated in the exact same manner as those who smoke pot: with scorn.

I never said there was a "conspiracy in the media", I said someone is "promoting" it which is exactly what you've confirmed here:

quote:

Also there is no conspiracy in the media [Roll Eyes] they show whatever keeps the public watching so they can keep making money. I have never met anyone who acted the queer stereotype we see on tv even though I know some gay people

^although I beg to differ that the "promotion" of homosexuality isn't "confusing" kids who don't yet know what their sexual-orientation is.
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
alT,

Well, of course, it is prudent to ensure that one has verified the facts and details on any matter before speaking or publishing. No issue with that.

That I was born an indigenous continental African is incidental. However, that I am informed and educated about the origins, traditions and culture of the African collective is by intent and design. Nothing happenstance about this.

To conclude, I AM obligated to speak for 'others' (i.e. Africans) on this matter until it is proved I speak falsehoods and am an ignorant man.

Sincerely.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The stench of subliminal racism:

"Just because Africans adobted a certain view from Europeans".

I give up.

This is BULLSHIT, this guy is trying to cause a schism between markellion and the "Black" posters on this forum. You're going to have to come up with better tricks mate.
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
Typical Negro!!
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Damn str8 [Wink]
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
He's here, there, everywhere and ultimately nowhere. Remember Neely Fuller?
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Again, you are no more "informed and educated about
the origins, traditions and culture of the African
collective ... by intent and design"
than I am. You
are less willing to present evidence without judgement
than I am.

I have a history of intelligent posts on Africana
here on EgyptSearch that stretches back to 2004.
Not that that means anything other than to show
my dedication and commitment to the forwarding of
knowledge on things African not a bunch of cultural
uber allis in the name of Africa in inventing myths
just as dangerous or really more dangerous than the
ones bandied about by the anti-African intelligentsia.

This is a task my life has been devoted to since a
tender childhood age. I will not stand by and see
one set of myths about Africa replaced with another
set of myths just because an African is the dreamweaver.

I will not allow a generation of youth to be turned
off from Africa's history and heritage when they
find that those like you have fed them a line of
crock so they won't believe anything they hear
positive about Africa because of spun out of wool
positives about Africa that turned out to be
falsehoods under minimum independent examination.

I'm not here to win a debate. I'm here to share
what I have learned. If you think this matter
is one to be settled by who's-on-my-side then
continue with your demagoguery it's nothing
more in debate terms than the logical fallacy
of grandstanding.

quote:
alT,

Well, of course, it is prudent to ensure that one has verified the facts and details on any matter before speaking or publishing. No issue with that.

That I was born an indigenous continental African is incidental. However, that I am informed and educated about the origins, traditions and culture of the African collective is by intent and design. Nothing happenstance about this.

To conclude, I AM obligated to speak for 'others' (i.e. Africans) on this matter until it is proved I speak falsehoods and am an ignorant man.

Sincerely.

Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
The struggle continues!

Welcome. Friend?

Sincerely

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Aluta continua
Harambe

--------------------

Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
Thanks, and peace out.
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
He's here, there, everywhere and ultimately nowhere. Remember Neely Fuller?

What point are you trying to make that relates to Neely Fuller and/or counter-racism?
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
In fact, observing the spirit of egotism which incessantly divided mankind, the ambitious man fomented it with dexterity, flattered the vanity of one, excited the jealousy of another, favoured the avarice of this, inflamed the resentment of that, and irritated the passions of all; then, placing in opposition their interests and prejudices, he sowed divisions and hatred, and promised to the poor spoils of the rich, to the rich the subjection of the poor; threatened one man by another, this class by that; and insulating all by distrust, created strength out of their weakness, and imposed the yoke of opinion, which they mutually riveted on each other.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
OT [Big Grin] :

brand new convertibles ... I'm so roofless [Cool]

I'm just American Dreamin' ...

fellati achawi
Member # 12885

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fellati achawi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
لا اله الا الله و محمد الرسول الله

Posts: 495 | From: anchorage, alaska | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evergreen
Member # 12192

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evergreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Evergreen Writes:

Of course there is homosexuality in post-colonial Sub-Saharan Africa. There is no **history** of homosexuality in pre-colonial sub-saharan African. There is a history of homosexuality in classic Greece however. For those that claim a precolonial history of homosexuality in sub-saharan Africa I would ask that you please provide the textual evidence from literate socities in pre-colonial Africa.

Posts: 2007 | From: Washington State | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
markellion
Member # 14131

Member Rated:
I can't help it if some people are going to try and deny reality

Why would homosexuality be practiced in cultures all over the planet and not in Africa which is the 2nd largest continent in the world

In fact it seems that the myth of Africa being exclusively heterosexual was made up by white people

Read this http://www.glbtq.com/social-sciences/africa_pre.html

On a side note, South Africa has one of the most liberal views on homosexuality

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
The issue isn't whether it happens or had happened. The issue is, is it acceptable. The few people may have a mental/genetic disorder. The many others are just F---up in this fad.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com