EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Homosexuality in precolonial Africa (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Homosexuality in precolonial Africa
markellion
Member # 14131

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for markellion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The latest consensus going around seems that 1/20 people are homosexual

homosexuality as part of a custom is differs from homosexuality as a preference of course

Posts: 2642 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is silly. You know full well that the given
examples are from societies who were unlettered
leaving no written history of themselves in
regard to anything about them at all. And you turn
around and ask for their textual evidence. That
may seem slick but only to an imbecile idiot or
moron.

Ideology of a superior, by your appraisal, Africa
is all that's guiding you. You deem homosexuality
negatively and thus want to remove it from your
Africa of only what's superior and positive per
your rating.

To prove my assessment I pose the below which by
your simple dialectic means that if there is no
literate society in the places named then none
of the things we know about them are valid.

For Congo, Zimbabwe, Gulf of Guinea, south Africa, etc.,
please kindly provide your proof of
* invention of agriculture
* invention of animal domestication
* invention of iron and carbon steel
* stone architecture
* statehood
* spirituality
* etc
under your below limitations:

quote:
Originally posted by Evergreen:
For those that claim a precolonial history of [anything] in sub-saharan Africa I would ask that you please provide the textual evidence from literate socities in pre-colonial Africa.

Otherwise per your dialectic those things are
post-colonial by which you mean introduced by
colonizers. If you hadn't thought it out before,
know now that your proposition is diametrically
opposed to your very own ideology.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Got a point.

quote:
under your below limitations:

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evergreen
Member # 12192

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evergreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
This is silly. You know full well that the given examples are from societies who were unlettered leaving no written history of themselves in regard to anything about them at all. And you turn around and ask for their textual evidence. That may seem slick but only to an imbecile idiot or moron.

Evergreen Writes:

Emotive diatribe aside, my request is simple. The claim was made that homosexuality was a cultural practice in pre-colonial Africa. If there is no historic record of homosexual cultural practices in pre-coloial Africa then the premise is deemed conjecture.

Posts: 2007 | From: Washington State | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evergreen
Member # 12192

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evergreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ideology of a superior, by your appraisal, Africa is all that's guiding you. You deem homosexuality negatively and thus want to remove it from your Africa of only what's superior and positive per your rating.

Evergreen Writes:

No where in my posts above have I claimed 1) That Africa is "superior" or 2) That I deem homosexuality as a negative (that is not the issue for me. Again, more emotive conjecture. In fact this last outburst of conjecture simply confirms my theory that the entire concept is conjecture because you have consistently made claims which end-up being emotive conjecture in this thread. There is consistancy and congruence.

Again, if you have supporting data in the literature of pre-colonial Africa to support these bizzare claims I would like to see it!

Posts: 2007 | From: Washington State | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evergreen
Member # 12192

Member Rated:
quote:
To prove my assessment I pose the below which by
your simple dialectic means that if there is no
literate society in the places named then none
of the things we know about them are valid.

For Congo, Zimbabwe, Gulf of Guinea, south Africa, etc.,
please kindly provide your proof of
* invention of agriculture
* invention of animal domestication
* invention of iron and carbon steel
* stone architecture
* statehood
* spirituality

Evergreen Writes:

I think I understand the point you are trying to make above. However, in pre-colonial Africa we **do** have textual proof of the existence of cultural practices associated with agriculture, animal management, the use metals, architecture, statehood and certainly spirituality. We have **no** textual evidence from pre-colonial Africa which substantiate the alternate-lifestyle claim that pre-colonial Africans had cultural practices related to homosexuality.

If any one can produce such textual evidence I would certainly be open to assessing this type of data.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quit clowning. You know full well unlettered societies can leave no textual records.

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evergreen
Member # 12192

Member Rated:
quote:
Quit clowning. You know full well unlettered societies can leave no textual records.

Evergreen Writes:

Yet, lettered societies existed across pre-colonial Africa. Do you have evidence from Egypt, Aksum, etc? If so, please present it.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Colonialist thought like you too, for instance:

The claim was made that Africans built the
stone buildings of Zimbabwe in pre-colonial
Africa. If there is no historic record of Shona
stone architectural practices in pre-coloial
Africa then the premise is deemed conjecture.

So show me pre-colonial Shona literacy in their
written texts describing mortarless or any kind
of stone architecture.

quote:
quote:
This is silly. You know full well that the given examples are from societies who were unlettered leaving no written history of themselves in regard to anything about them at all. And you turn around and ask for their textual evidence. That may seem slick but only to an imbecile idiot or moron.

Evergreen Writes:

Emotive diatribe aside, my request is simple. The claim was made that homosexuality was a cultural practice in pre-colonial Africa. If there is no historic record of homosexual cultural practices in pre-coloial Africa then the premise is deemed conjecture.

Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jo Nongowa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All major indigenous national groups in North, West and Central Africa, prior to the Arab/Turkish and European invasions were lettered. I would have thought this was common knowledge to certain ones on this Board.
Posts: 387 | From: England, UK | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evergreen
Member # 12192

Member Rated:
quote:
So show me pre-colonial Shona literacy in their written texts describing mortarless or any kind of stone architecture.

Evergreen Writes:

Apples to oranges. A better comparison, since the topic is centered on "pre-colonial Africa" not specifically "pre-colonial Shona culture" would be this:

"So show me pre-colonial African literacy in their written texts describing mortarless or any kind of stone architecture."

This I could do with ease.

So show me pre-colonial African literacy in their written texts describing homosexuality or any kind of homosexual practice.

Can you do this with ease? Or will you rely on conjecture as scholarship?

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
It's easy enough to make a statement.

Produce the record of the evolution
of any of the things from any of the
places I requested.

I'll make it easy. Show me what the
earliest iron users at Egaro Niger
left on record as to how they hit
up on ferrous metallurgy and their
sintering process step by step.

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Evergreen
Member # 12192

Member Rated:
quote:
It's easy enough to make a statement.

Produce the record of the evolution
of any of the things from any of the
places I requested.

Evergreen Writes:

Now your "moving the goal post". The original statement related not to the "evolution of homosexuality" but to the existence of homosexual cultural practices in pre-colonial Africa. Hence, the requirement is not to prove the evolution of "things" in pre-colonial Africa, but to prove the existence of a wide variety of things, homosexual cultural practicies not being one of them!

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Take your pick existance evolution you still
have no written record of any of the things
from any of the places.

Your just playing debaters fancy. Have a
war of words to defray the facts. You
can't disprove any of the reports of
homosexuality so you invent a prove me
this prove me that game which doesn't
prove anything about what any Africans
did or did not do.

I'm not going to continue to dance with you.
All your chauvinism won't alter reality.

Sure, the Mossi instance, not real.
The Zande, never had it.
The Kikuyu, Masai, etc., fabricated.
The Hausa, chimeral.

Evergreen
Member # 12192

Member Rated:
quote:
I'm not going to continue to dance with you.
All your chauvinism won't alter reality.

Sure, the Mossi instance, not real.
The Zande, never had it.
The Kikuyu, Masai, etc., fabricated.
The Hausa, chimeral.

Evergreen Writes:

There is no "dance". There is no evidence of chauvinism. What we have witnessed is a divergence of opinion on what constitues factual evidence. You seem to want to posit homosexual cultural practices in pre-colonial Africa with evidence examples from colonial or post-colonial Africa.

My position is that Egypt is to Africa what Greece is to Europe in many ways. Egypt represents the oldest sources of factual history regarding Africa. We find consistency in cultural practicies in early Egypt and in later colonial and post-colonial African societies. Yet we find no history of homosexual cultural practices in Ancient Egypt.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Empty words dance around but allay nothing.
So the reports of homosexual practices by the
military and aristocracy are what?

Evergreen
Member # 12192

Member Rated:
quote:

ANSWER: Examples of homosexual cultural practicies in colonial and post-colonial contact Africa. Not pre-colonial Africa!
Jo Nongowa
Member # 14918

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jo Nongowa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reportedly! Reportedly! And by whom?
Posts: 387 | From: England, UK | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nay-Sayer
Member # 10566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nay-Sayer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Take your pick existance evolution you still
have no written record of any of the things
from any of the places.

Say Genius, doesn't that work both ways? Where are the written records that support your assertions?
Posts: 262 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
OK fellas have it your way.
Do no research.
Accept nothing you disagree with.
And of course where there are
no written records
there is no history
just as the anti-African
intelligentsia used to teach
but are not dumb enough to
proclaim nowadays.

Meanwhile I still see no
written texts from you
by the Mossi, Zande, or
any other group or region
from my list.

Chauvinist ideologues unmasked.

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are 2 issues on the topic of homosexuality in pre-colonial Africa.

The first issue is the issue of culture.
The generic pre-colonial African culture was one in which "natural human biology" dictated important aspects of African cultures.

Here is the age-old sequence of events:

1)birth--followed by an important naming ceremony.

2)childhood during which cultural traits--initiation rites, etc.--were practised or learned in preparation for young adulthood followed by marriage--especially for young women who may be married off at the age of approximately 14 onwards.

3)marriage for both males and females is seen as a mark of adulthood.

4)The principal goal of marriage is procreation and married individuals--especially females--who do not produce children experience much personal stress as a result. The in-laws of the husband are a particular source of stress. When there is no offspring after some years, husbands are often urged to marry again so that children be had.

5)I used the term "natural human biology" because it was intuitively assumed in pre-colonial African cultures that apart from other other functions males and females were males males and females purely to fulfil their natural biological function which was to produce offspring--which,by the way, did have have important practical and symbolic significance.

6)Thus the idea that some male could want to relate to another male as a male would want to relate to a female could play no part in the structures of generic African cultures.

7) This is not say, of course, that some individual male may not be psychologically disposed to not conform to the cultural model--for whatever reasons. In every society there are constant examples of such. In the West, for example, bestiality is frequently reported in the press but, unlike homosexuality, Weestern culture does not accept such. Individuals who practise bestiality are often arrested, fined and/or imprisoned.

8)Bestiality is considered culturally taboo in Africa, so too homosexuality--because both flout the natural biological order of things one of whose aspects is that human males and females are natural biological correlates.

9)The fundamental question about homosexuality is whether it just a natural variation of human sexual behavior or whether it is the result of some bio/psychological "error" in the development of the individual--as in the case of stuttering,for example.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
correction above: "in-laws of the wife[i.e. the mother-in-law,etc.] are often a source of
stress"--not in-laws of the husband as I wrote.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tee85
Member # 10823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tee85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, you just kinda compared homosexuality to beastiality and retardation.

Anyway, I think that maybe, some way, nature "knows" that some of us don't need to continue our genes, so "she" makes some of us homo.

What about bisexuals, though?

Humans are complicated.

Im sure there a was homosexuality in Africa before colinization. They just kept it on the DL. LOL

Posts: 290 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What? Where?

quote:
7) This is not say, of course, that some individual male may not be psychologically disposed to not conform to the cultural model--for whatever reasons. In every society there are constant examples of such. In the West, for example, bestiality is frequently reported in the press but, unlike homosexuality, Weestern culture does not accept such. Individuals who practise bestiality are often arrested, fined and/or imprisoned.

Well, I could see where lamin mentioned bestiality, but the comparison I see is in the context of the acts being seen as bad in different societies.

This thread came up before.

Someone said something to the affect of, they "think it's mainly the receiving/submissive males that are more harshly looked at in cultures universally"

after someone had posted the Horus and Set story, as if it's necissarily of homosexual significance.

I definantly disagree with your (Tees) point on the guy playing the female part getting most of the heat from society.

First of all, 'homosexual acts' in the Horus and Set story possibly have a different significance, and also, you can't say whether the embarrassment of whoever was to be impregnated was in the fact that they were receivers, just because of the fact that they were found to have partaken in such acts period, or parhaps the homosexuality of the matter wasn't significant at all, compared to the pregnancy.

Really, I say this because in the Old Testament, in the passage about 'sodomites' or something, they say something to the affect of do not turn unto other men for the use of the woman

which, (I'm not Bible Expert) if it is to be taken as a Biblical quote against gayness, it has to be acknowledged as one adressing the male male participants and not the "female" male participants.

Also, alTakruri, though I agree with your assessment on Evergreen, I went back and read the original post, and you know, there were literate societies in pre-colonial Africa.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evergreen
Member # 12192

Member Rated:
quote:
OK fellas have it your way. Do no research.

Evergreen Writes:

We've done research and found no substantive evidence that homosexual cultural practices existed in pre-colonial Africa. This is why you have been unable to provide any evidence to date.

quote:
Meanwhile I still see no written texts from you by the Mossi, Zande, or any other group or region from my list.

Evergreen Writes:

We don't need to provide this. Your're the one making the fringe claim. You're required to provide the evidence. If you have **any** evidence of homosexual cultural practices in pre-colonial Africa please present it. However, do not present evidence from colonial Africa or post-colonial Africa and then claim that because these traits existed during the colonial contact periods it had to exist in the pre-colonial. Negative proof.

quote:
Chauvinist ideologues unmasked.

Evergreen Writes:

Stop playing the "gay-card". Use data and logic and we will respect your position.

Evergreen
Member # 12192

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Alive-(What Box):
Also, alTakruri, though I agree with your assessment on Evergreen, I went back and read the original post, and you know, there were literate societies in pre-colonial Africa.

Evergreen Writes:

Get real! The basis of his claim is emotive conjecture.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

By your original claim, I'd say that you are holding Africa to the same standard you held Europe (Greece), so whether you say "horray" for gays or not, biased or not, you're holding both continents to the same standard.

quote:

^Can't really beat that arguement.

However, he has no proof.

quote:
Evergreen Writes:

[b]Emotive diatribe aside, my request is simple.

What about them Arabs?

What are these?

-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_hookups/206043824/

-

And where are they from?

[Big Grin]

I was actually looking for an ancient looking clay figure I've seen before ... I think it's in a museum ... couldn't find it when I searched 'ancient art doggy style'. Though I don't remember if it was of a male and female, but that it's the closest ancient figuerine to that ...

--------------------

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^That's a man giving a woman the good business (2nd pic), can't you see the boobies & curves on the receiving party?
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Yeah, I looked at it again after posting

I did a search on "ancient doggystyle art" and posted rashly ... I didn't find what I was after.

I remember seeing some clay figure that I have no idea where it's from

--------------------

Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by markellion:
The latest consensus going around seems that 1/20 people are homosexual

homosexuality as part of a custom is differs from homosexuality as a preference of course

The Bass says you need to quit spewing homocentric lies and deception in this forum. Homosexuality is a fetish sexual practice, not a custom or a sexual preference.
Posts: 2595 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Empty words dance around but allay nothing.

The Bass has a question, why are you placing so much stock into European colonial accounts of so-called homosexuality in Africa? Has it occured to you to ever check pre-European colonial accounts of Africa as a means of balancing that off versus colonial European accounts?

Second, you have to understand sodomocentrism, the people who spread these lies are so determined to defend this cursed and unnatural lifestyle as normal and on equal term with heterosexual, which is the true norm. Therefore they put homosexuality in every society or at least advance the idea that homosewxuality has always existed and its everywhere. This is an important part of sodomocentrism, because if it cannot be proven that homosexuality existed everywhere in every society always, it exposes their perverted sexual practices what they really are: perverted people with an unnatural sexual fetish driven by their pleasure and lust for it. The Eurocentrists like to say that sodomosexuality isn't just a European thing and that it has always existed in Africa, yet we only hear about such "practices" and customs in Africa from European colonial accounts, do you really believe that this is a coincidence? Get real.

Posts: 2595 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, Bass, for someone so intelligent as yourself, you really do give an awful lot of **** about what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms, don't you? Now I myself am not homosexual, nor do I find homosexual themes attractive, but I don't see anything wrong with homosexuality per se.
Posts: 7083 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a probably as much of a hardliner about Homosexuality as Bass. I don't understand how anybody can defend Homosexauality. Understand that I don't hate the people, just what they do.

The truth is that this is people who stick there members in places where *WASTE* comes out. There is nothing healthy about Gay lifestyle. Man was not made to stick things where Feces comes out of.

What really bothers me is that they try to say that God is okay with there perverted lifestyle. This is wrong. There is no justifying Homosexuality using the Bible. The Bible is clear on Gays. Change for God.

Also People need to stop trying to say that All of europe was somehow a place of Gays. This is mainly a stereotype. The Greeks are not all of europe. Most of europe was not pro gay. As for Africa, I have a hard time believing that Africans would somehow take a liking to sleeping with another hairy man. Africans seem to be the most against Homosexuality. I will never understand why Homosexuality is being promoted by the powers that be, while most races still hate each other and there is no real unity. People need to try and unite us all as one people instead of promoting sex with men.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tyrann0saurus:
Wow, Bass, for someone so intelligent as yourself, you really do give an awful lot of **** about what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms, don't you? Now I myself am not homosexual, nor do I find homosexual themes attractive, but I don't see anything wrong with homosexuality per se.

The Bass simply does not like sin and sexual perversion being made to look normal and natural. It is not natural for a man to want to stick his penis in another man's rectum, no man is inherently born with a desire to that, nor does a man gradually develops it in his childhood through manhood, the same goes for women. In precolonial African sicitey these things were never seen as ok and or as normal, neither is it seen that was today in Africa. I have heard no African confirm that the accounts written by colonial Europeans were common practices by Africans nor were they confirmed as being practiced at all.

The Bass does not care for nor about sodomosexuality and sodomites, if thats the sexual perverted fetish that such people are into they need to keep it to themselves and out of the public and movies.

BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie Bass:
It is not natural for a man to want to stick his penis in another man's rectum

Are you living inside a cave somewhere in the African savannah naked, eating figs and decaying rhinoceros meat, and running away from hyenas? Or are you instead living in the United States of America inside a house with electricity, wearing polyester clothing, eating pizza and genetically modified fruit, and typing up rants on a computer about how "unnatural" homosexuality is?

If it's the latter, you certainly have a lot of gall to scold others for not living a natural lifestyle.

And how, praytell, is homosexuality by itself a sin? If a couple of guys who love each other have intimate physical contact within the privacy of their homes, who exactly are they hurting?

Posts: 7083 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
I am a probably as much of a hardliner about Homosexuality as Bass. I don't understand how anybody can defend Homosexauality. Understand that I don't hate the people, just what they do.

The truth is that this is people who stick there members in places where *WASTE* comes out. There is nothing healthy about Gay lifestyle. Man was not made to stick things where Feces comes out of.

What really bothers me is that they try to say that God is okay with there perverted lifestyle. This is wrong. There is no justifying Homosexuality using the Bible. The Bible is clear on Gays. Change for God.

Also People need to stop trying to say that All of europe was somehow a place of Gays. This is mainly a stereotype. The Greeks are not all of europe. Most of europe was not pro gay. As for Africa, I have a hard time believing that Africans would somehow take a liking to sleeping with another hairy man. Africans seem to be the most against Homosexuality. I will never understand why Homosexuality is being promoted by the powers that be, while most races still hate each other and there is no real unity. People need to try and unite us all as one people instead of promoting sex with men.

Peace

Couldn't have said it better myself. These are my exact sentiments on the issue. I don't care what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms but damn, do *they* have to force these homosexual themes and images on us?

The idea of getting into it with hairy, smelly, non-women is a disgusting image in my mind and quite literally my worst nightmare.

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolofi
Member # 14892

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolofi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The rulers of Afro Americans are usually gay masons and frats and soros and mulattos and other mixed faux negros.

Watch the gay propaganda, they want the whole world to be gay.

Ever notice how Afrocentrics are usually gay or bisexual men/women and many are biracial/multiracial or if they are black they date out of their race?

J.A rogers
Cheikh Anta Diop, both married white women.

All I am saying is watch out for people that support such things as pre-colonial homosexuality in sub-saharan Africa...they are probably gay themselves and very Afrocentric.

Posts: 343 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^you're stupid.
Evergreen
Member # 12192

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by HORUS^*^:
^you're stupid.

Evergreen Writes:

Actually he makes some good points in a very crude way.

Evergreen
Member # 12192

Member Rated:
quote:
[QUOTE]Couldn't have said it better myself. These are my exact sentiments on the issue. I don't care what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms but damn, do *they* have to force these homosexual themes and images on us?

Evergreen Writes:

I agree with you. I don't care about peoples personal preferences. What I do care about is this ahistorical push to posit homosexual cultural practices in pre-colonial Africa.

Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KING:

Peace

Well said !!

I think why homosexuality is not accepted in Africa is because Africa is the first place civilization came from.

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bass says:
''The Bass simply does not like sin and sexual perversion being made to look normal and natural.''

Stop being human then.

''It is not natural for a man to want to stick his penis in another man's rectum''

Since I'm heterosexual then it isn't natural to me. So what exactly deprives them of their natural state to want to do something unnatural?

''no man is inherently born with a desire to that, nor does a man gradually develops it in his childhood through manhood, the same goes for women.''

...and how do you know that. You're really specific on this without offering anything other than your unsubtantiated opinion. Have you read any scientific literature that may offer clues as to why some people are who they are? You know, like, maybe they have too much of this or not enough of that? Stick to your population movements, that way you can stay out of trouble.

''In precolonial African sicitey these things were never seen as ok and or as normal, neither is it seen that was today in Africa. I have heard no African confirm that the accounts written by colonial Europeans were common practices by Africans nor were they confirmed as being practiced at all.''

And I don't believe they were common practice either as a community endeavor just like in other societies around the world. However, it can be said some societies may have had a larger community to seek companionship of like kind... rather than worry about some goofball trying to kill them for their ''alternativeness.'' I hear San Francisco has a large gay community. Does that mean the city as a governing unit is gay? No!

If God created humans and some are gays and lesbian and ac/dc, more than likely because of their biology, not because of some ghost standing on the street corner saying ''poof!''you're gay, or because your mommy let you play with dolls and firetrucks, then isn't it asking too much of yourself, or anyone for that matter, to question how God did this creation? If one is a Christian, or whatever persuasion, or crutch, you need to hang on to your existence then you may not want to be second guessing the head cajuna. He may not like apologists.

Wolofi says:
The rulers of Afro Americans are usually gay masons and frats and soros and mulattos and other mixed faux negros.

Watch the gay propaganda, they want the whole world to be gay.

Ever notice how Afrocentrics are usually gay or bisexual men/women and many are biracial/multiracial or if they are black they date out of their race?''

Yeah chump, you ever notice how some africans carry machetes in their hands because they don't like another group of people?

Evergreen,
you fix yourself to this bullsh.t because your name is, what, evergreen x?

Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Where did God approved homosexuality? Name any sources from any religions, please.

It is all about free will, Grumman f6f. It is not neither human to kill innocent people and children, but still, people commit killings because humans have choice.

And also, don't forget "nature" works against this act. No offspring comes from same sex parents. So, why homosexuality?

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
^you're stupid.

Evergreen Writes:

Right so Afrocentricity is now gay. Great [Roll Eyes] .
Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From Arwa:
''I think why homosexuality is not accepted in Africa is because Africa is the first place civilization came from.''

So Africa can lay claim to civilizations but not human behavior? How do you suppose the pyramids were built... without some kind of behavior?

Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ what you mean. Gays build the pyramids [Confused]
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, as I said, it is all about free will, but I don't see how a civilization can flourish with accept of homosexuality [Roll Eyes]
Wolofi
Member # 14892

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolofi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
^you're stupid.

Evergreen Writes:

Right so Afrocentricity is now gay. Great [Roll Eyes] .
No it's just that many black gays use Afrocentricity and black politics to assimilate with straight blacks to cover and circumvent their homosexuality.

Afrocentricity has gone sour because it mostly deals with Egypt(a place 99% of Afrocentrics have no connection to) and places OUT of Africa as per Clyde Winters, J.A rogers etc. and is mostly feel good therapy. So when I use the term Afrocentricity, I used it with a "negative" denotation because it is not "pure" any more about being "central" to African studies.

Posts: 343 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, everyone!, tell me, what it is positive about homosexuality? And note, I have nothing against gays or lesbians, just presenting my views.
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wolofi:
No it's just that many black gays use Afrocentricity and black politics to assimilate with straight blacks to cover and circumvent their homosexuality.

prove it.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com