EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Who were the original Fulani (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Who were the original Fulani
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From AfricaGuide.com (Eurocentric or based on some White Libyan link)?

The Fulani people of West Africa are the largest nomadic group in the world.

As a people group they actually contain a large number of people from diverse groups who were conquered and became a part of the Fulani through the spread of Islam. The original Fulani however are of the North African or middle eastern origin and have lighter skin, thinner lips, and straighter hair. They are known as "white people" to many Africans. The first group of people in West Africa to convert to Islam through jihads, or holy wars, they were able to take over much of West Africa and establish themselves not only as a religious force but also as a political and economical force. The Fulani are a very proud people, they are the missionaries of Islam and ended up conquering much of West Africa.

The Fulani are primarily nomadic herders and traders. Through their nomadic lifestyle, they established numerous trade routes in West Africa. Many times the Fulani go to local marketers and interact with the people there getting news and spreading it through much of West Africa.

many names, traditions, and taboos concerning cattle. The number of cows a person owns is a sign of his wealth. This has caused significant conflict in recent months between the Fulani and other ethnic groups. The reason for this is that the cows will many times go into the fields and eat the grain of local farmers. With increasing numbers of other transportation being used the Fulani are at risk of losing their identity as nomads and are being forced to settle in farms and villages. This sometimes creates other problems, because the Fulani are very proud people of their unique culture and used to ruling over the other people.

Another difference between the Fulani and other African people is that the Fulani have a huge respect for beauty. Beauty is considered very important and one of the ways this is shown is through tattoos that are put all over the body. A distinguishing feature of a Fulani can be their lips, which are many times a blackish color from the use of Henna or tattooing done on the mouth. Being brave and fearless are very important for the Fulani as is seen by their numerous weapons. One tradition is that when 2 boys reach coming of age they two boys hit each other with their staffs not showing any pain but instead laughing. Many have died in these ceremonies which are now against the law in many countries but continue to be practiced.

The Fulani normally raise large amounts of cattle and have therefore settled in large plain areas of Mali, Niger, Burkina Faso and Guinea. The Fulani hold to a strict caste system. The 4 caste subdivisions are the nobility, merchants, blacksmiths, and descendents of slaves of wealthy Fulani.

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps African Americans, the vast majority of them, are not actually Black people?

A very high number of Fulani were sold to America. And they where originally White?

Does it get deeper than that?

--------------------
Across the sea of time, there can only be one of you. Make you the best one you can be.

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What proof do you have that a high number of Fulanis were sold as slaves??

quote:
The Fulani hold to a strict caste system. The 4 caste subdivisions are the nobility, merchants, blacksmiths, and descendents of slaves of wealthy Fulani.
Wow interesting, the Fulani seem to have similar caste system as the Tuareg.
Posts: 1554 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yonis2:

This has been widely established, actually. The Fulani were a slave-trading society who sold many captives and weren't immune themselves, especially low caste but such even applied to high caste individuals. The most prime example is Prince Abdulrahman of Fouta Djallon. He was ambushed by a warring clan and sold into slavery, only to be mocked later in America for insisting that he was still a prince. A fair percentage of slaves in the new world were of Peul background. Their impact was so great that they'd apparently influenced American cowboy's with their cattle herding culture and along with the Yorubas, helped introduce Vodun to the Americas.

Anyways:

"Over the course of three centuries, nearly 20 million slaves were brought to the island for transport to the Americas. Slightly more than 20 million others were transported directly from Benin, Dahomey, Ghana, Guinea, Mozambique, and Angola. Yorubas from Nigeria, Mandinkas, Fulani, Wolofs and other ethnic groups were sold in large numbers".- Race and Fantasy in Brazil (1999)

quote:

Not exactly unique since many west Africans have/had a very similar caste system, including the Mandinka of Mali and Songhai. As a matter of fact, the name "Mali" comes from a Fulani term which means "Mande". They were an integral part of both these empires and as a rule, were of the lower caste spoken of.
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Furthermore, the language of the Peuls is strictly West African. And according to their folklore, the Peuls originated in the Fouta Jallon of Guinea--where they are the largest ethnic group.

I happen to know hundreds and hundreds of Peuls and like most groups in West Africa their phenotypes vary. In terms of pigmenation they range from very dark to medium brown--for the most part. They are some very light individuals but they are in a minority. Given that the Peul have been historically nomadic, I believe that those Peul who are very light in pigmenatation were members of isolated Sahel groups who were absorbed into the culture.

But the key to all this is the language: the language of the Peuls is strictly West African.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Furthermore, the ancestry of the Peul is evident from the fact that they are in the majority E3a.

In terms of nomadism, that the Hausa of Nigeria are greater in numbers--some 40 million plus. They predominate in Northern Nigeria, but also have sizable communities in Northern Ghana, Niger, Mali, Chad, Cameroon, Togo, Sierra Leone, etc. Interestingly enough, the Hausa language is seen as belonging partially to the Afro-Asiatic group--unlike Pular.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

quote:
The Fulani hold to a strict caste system. The 4 caste subdivisions are the nobility, merchants, blacksmiths, and descendents of slaves of wealthy Fulani.
Didn't know that you and African Americans were brothers? So now you see the relatedness?

E3a and E3b - how much more basic does it get.

Peter M. Vallone,1 Ph.D.
John M. Butler,1 Ph.D.

A majority of the African American samples (58%) fell in the E3a haplogroup as they were derived at M2 (sometimes designated
DYS271 or sY81) (13).

akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
everything seems to be shaping up for yet another beat down of yonis. he is a sucker for punishment. lol
Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which beatdown, you nut clinging shemale??

I was simply asking a question, i never claimed i'm an expert on fulanis. You are the most pathetic poster this forum has ever seen, when are you gonna stop riding dicks you little sugarcane monkey.

Posts: 1554 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fulanis are as much Ideginous Africans like all other west Africans. In fact they are probably some of the oldest people in West Africa.

Not only are there language a part of West African language but the genetics prove that the Fulani of Nigeria have E3a at 100%.

There really should be no dispute over what the Fulani are.

I rememeber watching a program on the Fulanis a few years back, and they had some of them that looked like Light skinned Berbers. At first I was puzzled but then I realized that these people were probably absorbed into the Fulani culture a Long time ago.

I will try and post some pics of Fulanis later.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are pictures on Fulani Enjoy:

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More Pics:

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Peace

Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habari         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking at them, they have a lot in common with Tuareg physically and culturally...regarding their origins, genetics indicate that their ancestors lied to them like they lied to Northern Somalis who think like many Muslims that their ancestors were Arabs...I'm very skeptical about the alleged ancestry of many Muslims in Africa and in the world...Although some people might not agree with me unlike many other religions Islamisation in many part of the worlds meant Arabization...
Posts: 461 | From: Kilimanjaro | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
I find their Jewish heritage, in terms of cultural diffusion, quite compelling of a theory when considering their likely East African origins; being that they are PN2. .

--------------------
Across the sea of time, there can only be one of you. Make you the best one you can be.

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Well for all the theorys on Fulani. They are just as West African as any other Ethnic group.

Remember Fulani from Nigeria have e3a at 100%.

There really should be no debate about the Origins of these people.

I also hear that Fulanis differenciate between each other by calling each other Red or Black Fulani. Of course this does not change that all Fulanis are all can be called Black. Don't forget that some Africans call the Fulanis the "White" people of Africa. Even though it is clear from these pics that they are all Black Africans. One thing I will say about the Fulanis is that they played a important role in spreading Islam in west Africa.

I also agree with Habari that some African Muslims make up fake lineages to Arabs to make them feel closer to there so called Faith. But it's not just Africans that do this but it happens the world over where ever the Islamic faith was spread you had some people claiming arab ties where there is none.

Also Osirion, there east African origin is no more important then the Wolof or Mossi. All west Africans in the end orgiginate in East Africa. The jewish origin of the Fulani are just as false as the berber origin and middle eastern origin. It's just made up to try and explain away why the Fulanis features are not the so called "Norm" in west Africa.

Peace

osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
Well for all the theorys on Fulani. They are just as West African as any other Ethnic group.

Remember Fulani from Nigeria have e3a at 100%.

There really should be no debate about the Origins of these people.

I also hear that Fulanis differenciate between each other by calling each other Red or Black Fulani. Of course this does not change that all Fulanis are all can be called Black. Don't forget that some Africans call the Fulanis the "White" people of Africa. Even though it is clear from these pics that they are all Black Africans. One thing I will say about the Fulanis is that they played a important role in spreading Islam in west Africa.

I also agree with Habari that some African Muslims make up fake lineages to Arabs to make them feel closer to there so called Faith. But it's not just Africans that do this but it happens the world over where ever the Islamic faith was spread you had some people claiming arab ties where there is none.

Also Osirion, there east African origin is no more important then the Wolof or Mossi. All west Africans in the end orgiginate in East Africa. The jewish origin of the Fulani are just as false as the berber origin and middle eastern origin. It's just made up to try and explain away why the Fulanis features are not the so called "Norm" in west Africa.

Peace

I did say cultural diffusion not genetic. Obviously we know of Sub-Saharans with genetic Jewish heritage. Cultural diffusion can spread much quicker.
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
osirion

Sorry if you got offended with my post, I meant no harm. If you meant cultural diffusion then I guess I should of not dismissed your query so quick.

Yes we know of Africans with jewish genetics like the lemba.

Peace

Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akoben08:
everything seems to be shaping up for yet another beat down of yonis. he is a sucker for punishment. lol

Fallacy: Personal Attack

Also Known as: Ad Hominem Abusive.

Description of Personal Attack
A personal attack is committed when a person substitutes abusive remarks for evidence when attacking another person's claim or claims. This line of "reasoning" is fallacious because the attack is directed at the person making the claim and not the claim itself. The truth value of a claim is independent of the person making the claim. After all, no matter how repugnant an individual might be, he or she can still make true claims.

Not all ad Hominems are fallacious. In some cases, an individual's characteristics can have a bearing on the question of the veracity of her claims. For example, if someone is shown to be a pathological liar, then what he says can be considered to be unreliable. However, such attacks are weak, since even pathological liars might speak the truth on occasion.

In general, it is best to focus one's attention on the content of the claim and not on who made the claim. It is the content that determines the truth of the claim and not the characteristics of the person making the claim.

Posts: 2595 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by osirion:
I find their Jewish heritage, in terms of cultural diffusion, quite compelling of a theory when considering their likely East African origins; being that they are PN2. .

Where is your evidence for any Jewish heritage in Fulani in terms of culture and or biologically? Using your logic about the PN2 clade, Greeks, Southern Europeans Bantu speakers, West Africans and African Americans have a compelling Jewish heritage since they all share ancestry in the PN2 clade.
Posts: 2595 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
King wrote:
quote:
Don't forget that some Africans call the Fulanis the "White" people of Africa. Even though it is clear from these pics that they are all Black Africans. One thing I will say about the Fulanis is that they played a important role in spreading Islam in west Africa.
King, can you say which Africans refer to the Peuls as "white people of Africa"? The word for white person in Pular is "porto"--which is used exclusively for Europeans--which they would, of course, not use for themselves.

The other word used by other groups for "white person" in the areas where the Peuls live is "toubab". Again, this is used exclusively for Europeans. Even Lebanese are usually not called "white"--just "Lebanese". Indians are called "Indians" and "Chinese" are called--well "Chinese".

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol, look @ Charlie making a good effort to revive this site.

Good luck with that ... honestly, God speed ..

@ King: Yo ,, where's your pic of Young Horus at? [Big Grin]

@ Osirion, your comment makes no sense -- all West Africans have that same East African origin.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^hey, what pic are you talking about?
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie Bass:
quote:

Where is your evidence for any Jewish heritage in Fulani in terms of culture and or biologically? Using your logic about the PN2 clade, Greeks, Southern Europeans Bantu speakers, West Africans and African Americans have a compelling Jewish heritage since they all share ancestry in the PN2 clade.
And they do - it is called Agriculture!
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^You see 'traces of Jewish roots' everywhere. [Roll Eyes]

@ Horus:

Just any of the pics you posted.

I thought there might have been one you didn't (for good reason) immediately delete yet.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

So wait, wait, *WAIT* a minute are you trying to tell the Bass that agriculture is somehow a Jewish think? Come on now, please elaborate for the Bass a little more.
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habari         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread is getting weird...Fulani are cattle herders...
Posts: 461 | From: Kilimanjaro | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

So wait, wait, *WAIT* a minute are you trying to tell the Bass that agriculture is somehow a Jewish think? Come on now, please elaborate for the Bass a little more.
The first farmers come from the land of Judah - the land of Canaan. The land of the Lion.

Besides that - I am being sarcastic.

Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Osirion, it seems that people knows you in this forum, did you post before?
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Habari:
Osirion, it seems that people knows you in this forum, did you post before?

Yes, back in 06 when I had a far less interesting of a position.

And what is your story?

Wolofi
Member # 14892

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolofi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We hate Fulani they are the biggest traitors of Africa. They have always sided with Arabs and Jews to destroy black African kingdoms and now they have been reduced to bisexual filthy beggars like they deserve [Smile]
Posts: 343 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
lamin

Sorry but I can't tell you which ethnic groups call the Fulani the "White people of Africa". It was something I heard on this forum a couple years ago. When I first heard it I was not too surprised. There seems to always be some animosity with the Fulani and other Africans.

As you can read from Wolofi's comments. Some Africans just have a low respect for the Fulani. I remember another African from Nigeria saying how the Fulanis were half-caste blacks who he liked to throw pocket change at.

I just view it as intra African hate. I just hope that these attitudes Africans have for some of there own people changes, because it does no one any good. All the hatred on this forum needs to stop. It slows down the progress of what this forum is about.

Peace

Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
quote:
And what is your story?
No particular story but your perspective is refreshing in this forum...
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wolofi:
We hate Fulani they are the biggest traitors of Africa.

we = white boys who pretend to be Wolof?
Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The big lips, black skin, and nappy ass hair are proof enough to me that they're black.
Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 'Wolofi' character is nothing more than vida vida reincarnated.

You do remember that vida was the oft banned white boy who had pink blisters on his dick.

These people would not gain traction if certain people on this forum were not mentally weak and dumb.

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ebony Allen wrote:

-----------------------------------
-----------------------------------

Case in point about certain people being weak and dumb.

But it really shouldn't come as a surprise, look at where your ass comes from. You and Charlie Bass really do your best to reinforce the negative stereotypes about your respective states.

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
KING,

I can only speak from my own experiences. As far as I know and see Peuls, Mandinka(and sometimes Soussou and Toma) are heavily intermarried in Guinea, and Peuls, Serer and Wolof are heavily intermarried in the Senegambia. In fact, a lot of people in this region speak all 3 languages. So ethnicity exists but it's not a big thing.

But I do know that colonial ideology based on the Hamitic hypothesis has led to Europeans speaking and writing differently of Africa's different peoples--with many Africans themselves absorbing that spurious hypothesis. The Tutsi and Hutu conflict is a colonial creation. So too the beliefs concerning the Hausa/Fulani in Nigeria vis a vis the other groups.

That colonial ideology comes in different forms too as in the case of some Ibos believing that they descend from Jews--all based on dubious Western sources; all on the grounds that Ibos tend to be very educationally and business oriented.

The same too for the Lemba who have developed feelins of being "other than Africa" on account of that long ago Cohan Y signature.

And South African blacks who have been conditioned by European history and teaching to believe that they are more "civilized" than the rest of Africa. Etc, etc. And the SA "coloureds"--still rejecting the ANC in favour of the white party--still clinging to the spurious belief that "they are not Africans", etc.

But I guess it's a human thing. Witness East and South Asians on the colour thing. And the perennial Korean-Japanese-Chinese cultural conflicts.

And there's the case I heard on the radio just a few days ago. This Portugese girl who moved to England(1960s) with her parents who firts found work as the servants in the home of a wealthy English family. The girl, now a woman wrote a book in which she describes how she was ostracised and made to feel different because she was darker than her classmates; also her long name was also seen as odd. Her teacher told her that it was too long and that she should truncate it. Her in group was made up of individuals who were seen as different---red heads! Kinda weird, but that's what I heard.

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
lamin

Thanks for the responce. It seems europeans have a big hand in shaping how Africans view each other. It always made me wonder why Fulanis would get such venom from some so called Afircans. To hear from you that those three ethnic groups are heavily mixed together shows that maybe that the Hate is overblown and that all these ethnic groups know they are all African.

Let me tell you Lamin I am currently reading a book on Africa and it's civilization and in it the hypocrypsy is so big. In the book the Authors state alot about Europeans and there bias and lies about certain African Ethnic groups how some were closer to euorpeans etc. Well when they talk about the Fulanis in this book they could not help but remark that the Fulanis have a very "European" look. They also said that the First Cataract at Egypt and the so called "Nubia" was a racial line between Egypt and "Nubia" where on the Nubian side they looked like Black Africans and on the Egypt side they looked like Middle Easterners and "Modern" Egyptians. So even in a book claiming to be free from these hangups about race they still could not help themselves and had to put in division between Africans where there is none.

The Book is called "African History from earliest times to independence" Second Edition.

What kind of shocked me was how the portoguese woman was treated. It seems that hate extends even to those who are also apart of europe. Even Red Heads were not excused from hate.

Also Thanks Argyle104 for telling us about Vida. I think he was the person that made those half-caste remarks about the Fulani.

Peace

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Noted. And who is the author of the book you mention? LOL, the Peul people look nothing like Europeans. So amusing, these European authors. If one had to do a kind of generic portrait of the the Peul male, he would look like Sean Combs/Puff Daddy. The average Peul female would look like his sister. And if you are in the U.S. remember Amadu Diallo who was murdered by the police some years ago. Well, he was Peul. His mother whose photo was in the news a lot is a shade lighter than most Peul women--and unmistakably African.

I just have the feeling that Europeans are just so swelled up with racial caste superiority that wherever they go, or whenever they see people, the first thing that pops into their minds is racial phenotype. And would even go to lengths to fabricate what they see just to support their race-consciousness.

I don't know why they seem so obsessed in the race direction. But that's who they are.

osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Habari:
quote:
And what is your story?
No particular story but your perspective is refreshing in this forum...
Again, what is your perspective, background and experience?
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^Habari = Africa I
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
Noted. And who is the author of the book you mention? LOL, the Peul people look nothing like Europeans. So amusing, these European authors. If one had to do a kind of generic portrait of the the Peul male, he would look like Sean Combs/Puff Daddy. The average Peul female would look like his sister. And if you are in the U.S. remember Amadu Diallo who was murdered by the police some years ago. Well, he was Peul. His mother whose photo was in the news a lot is a shade lighter than most Peul women--and unmistakably African.

I just have the feeling that Europeans are just so swelled up with racial caste superiority that wherever they go, or whenever they see people, the first thing that pops into their minds is racial phenotype. And would even go to lengths to fabricate what they see just to support their race-consciousness.

I don't know why they seem so obsessed in the race direction. But that's who they are.

Don't Afrocentrics claim Greeks as a Black civilization because of skeletal and cultural artifacts found in these locations? Isn't hypocritical of Afrocentrics to ignore non-African cultural and genetic diffusion in Africa? Both sides seem to ignore evidence of the other.
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
One things Greeks and Egyptians both have in common: Jews.

;-)

--------------------

Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:

;-)

What do you mean by this?
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:

;-)

One thing Wolofi and you have in common: Trolling posts.
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sundiata

I think Osirion is just having a bit of Fun.

One thing I remember about him is that he always tries to make the forum a little more lighter then the angry and heavy mood that seems to be a part of the Forum now a days.

Peace

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
quote:
Don't Afrocentrics claim Greeks as a Black civilization because of skeletal and cultural artifacts found in these locations? Isn't hypocritical of Afrocentrics to ignore non-African cultural and genetic diffusion in Africa? Both sides seem to ignore evidence of the other.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really had no idea that Afrocentrics claim that Greece was a black civilization. Any references?

Again, there is no evidence either scientific or cultural that the Peuls are anything but indigenous African. I never heard any Peul say otherwise.

On the contrary, some Ibos claim that they are from the Levant, some Yorubas claim that they are from the "East". The Lemba claim that they are originally from Yemen, etc. And on the Horn there is the perennial "origins" dispute.

It was also claimed that the Ancient Egyptians came from outside of Africa--the "Dynastic race" theory.

Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:

;-)

One thing you and Wolofi have in common: Trolling posts.
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
lamin

You make a good point about the Dynastic Race theory.

Now that this idea seems to have died down, they try to now claim that Ancient Egyptians were African, but not Black. [Embarrassed] .

I guess you have to take it one step at a time. Slow but steady things are changing.

Also Greeks are as much European as Egyptians were Africans.

Peace

osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

;-)

One thing you and Wolofi have in common: Trolling posts.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com