EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Mohamed Hussein Tantawi (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Mohamed Hussein Tantawi
IamNomad
Member # 17656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IamNomad         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
multisphinx
quote:
Somalia(Ashraf,Reer Xamar,Shin shiyo, Barawaa
You wrong in Somalia it is other way around if you belong to lighter skinned ethnic group, you are more likely to experience discrimination against you by the dominant darker skinned Somali tribes.

Jareer (strong hair, bantu) and Jileec (soft hair, Somali) is nothing to do with colour at all it is simply ethnic division.

1- Reer Xamar simply means City people of Hamar some are dark and some are lighter skinned some have mixed with Arabs and Persians.

the customary rulers and the Kings of the reer Xamar and surrounding area interesting enough are called and chosen from Gibil Madow (dark Skinned ones) of Somali Galadi tribe where Gibil Cad(white skinned ones) are the ruled ones up to today.

2- Shanshi is light skinned Somali ethnic like any other Somali tribe they have both nomads, farmers and city people unfortunately their very light skin makes them target of discrimination. the darker skinned Somalis sometimes call them foreigner.

2- Reer Barawa same like Reer Hamar it means People of Barawe city, some reer Barawe are lighter then most Somalis including reer Xamar and speak mix of Bajuni(coastal people) and Somali language because of their light skin and language Reer Barawe suffer most discrimination more then any other minority ethnic in Somalia.

2- Asharaf look like any other Somalis and are treated like any other Somali tribe except they claim to be a direct descents of prophet Mohamed and Quraysh tribe like many other Somali tribes which everyone knows now is bogus.

In Somali culture white skin is associated with femininity where dark skin is associated with masculinity. many old saying go like these

- "fear for you life for dark Skinned man and fear for your wife from white skinned man" ..lol

-old days when woman cannot bear a child she will say.

"If God doesn't want me to have a dark skinned son sure he can give me a white skinned son".

which means the old Somali warrior culture to survive and defend the family you wish a strong and warrior son.

ausar

As Somali my experience up to now of Egyptian people of all colours and ages outside Egypt is always unique and very positive and treat me like a family and all the Somalis I know act towards Egyptians the same way I don't know if the people inside Egypt will act same as I am planning to visit soon with my Egyptian friend.

Posts: 32 | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
multisphinx
Member # 3595

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for multisphinx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IamNomad:
multisphinx
quote:
Somalia(Ashraf,Reer Xamar,Shin shiyo, Barawaa
You wrong in Somalia it is other way around if you belong to lighter skinned ethnic group, you are more likely to experience discrimination against you by the dominant darker skinned Somali tribes.

Jareer (strong hair, bantu) and Jileec (soft hair, Somali) is nothing to do with colour at all it is simply ethnic division.

1- Reer Xamar simply means City people of Hamar some are dark and some are lighter skinned some have mixed with Arabs and Persians.

the customary rulers and the Kings of the reer Xamar and surrounding area interesting enough are called and chosen from Gibil Madow (dark Skinned ones) of Somali Galadi tribe where Gibil Cad(white skinned ones) are the ruled ones up to today.

2- Shanshi is light skinned Somali ethnic like any other Somali tribe they have both nomads, farmers and city people unfortunately their very light skin makes them target of discrimination. the darker skinned Somalis sometimes call them foreigner.

2- Reer Barawa same like Reer Hamar it means People of Barawe city, some reer Barawe are lighter then most Somalis including reer Xamar and speak mix of Bajuni(coastal people) and Somali language because of their light skin and language Reer Barawe suffer most discrimination more then any other minority ethnic in Somalia.

2- Asharaf look like any other Somalis and are treated like any other Somali tribe except they claim to be a direct descents of prophet Mohamed and Quraysh tribe like many other Somali tribes which everyone knows now is bogus.

In Somali culture white skin is associated with femininity where dark skin is associated with masculinity. many old saying go like these

- "fear for you life for dark Skinned man and fear for your wife from white skinned man" ..lol

-old days when woman cannot bear a child she will say.

"If God doesn't want me to have a dark skinned son sure he can give me a white skinned son".

which means the old Somali warrior culture to survive and defend the family you wish a strong and warrior son.

ausar

As Somali my experience up to now of Egyptian people of all colours and ages outside Egypt is always unique and very positive and treat me like a family and all the Somalis I know act towards Egyptians the same way I don't know if the people inside Egypt will act same as I am planning to visit soon with my Egyptian friend.

Your right i did not mean it that way. These groups are discriminated against. But from what I have been told, Ashraf from example would feel superior to the populace because they claim decent to the prophet Muhammad(pbuh). Am i wrong on that one. I was also told that the Big tribes of Somalia don't like these minority tribes, but at the same time these minorities tribes are said to be stuck up and snobbish because they are light skinned.

I have a question for you. Why do you think about the discrimination between the somali and somali-bantu? Can you tell me if they have any sort of similarities. I work with a lot of somali youth, and the somali bantu are soft spoken and feel alienated or outcasted around Somali's(a lot of time the somali kids would taunt them).
You can unite a people by having them look at their commonalities rather then always looking at their differences. I know they are both from somalia, but what else?... Is their anything in their history that they share. From my current understanding of the the tribe system, once you have a new generation, you have created a new tribe. It was not until the notorious European-bred president Mohamed Siad Barre, who stirred up all the tension amongst the tribes and brought division and hate. Is my understanding right?

Posts: 671 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IronLion, I am still up for the debate. I have not forgotten. Please be patient as I have a big exam in pharmacy school and have to celebrate my wife's birthday.

Iamnomad, thanks for enlightening the Egyptsearch posters about the Somali. You should fare okay in Egypt if you are Muslim and donot plan to take up permnanent residence in Egypt. Much of the hostility in Egypt is directed at foreign southern Sudanese groups. Many Egyptians are jealous of the southern Sudanese because many Christian charities sponsor them and give them free passage into America. Also xenophobia is very rampant particularly against non-Muslim darker skinned groups. You may have heard about incidents of Eritreians and Sudanese refugees getting shoot in the desert.

Iamnomad, I am curious to the religion of most of the Egyptians encountered? Did you know a difference in treatment?

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
IronLion, I am still up for the debate. I have not forgotten. Please be patient as I have a big exam in pharmacy school and have to celebrate my wife's birthday.

Don't forget Ausar...

Is this Black man subsaharan or Egyptian?
 -

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caipira
Member # 18222

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caipira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IronLion:
quote:

Don't forget Ausar...

-

He looks like a subsaharan African, but judging by his kufiya he could be from Saudi Arabia or some Gulf state. And God know better.
Posts: 23 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IamNomad
Member # 17656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IamNomad         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
multisphinx
quote:
Your right i did not mean it that way. These groups are discriminated against. But from what I have been told, Ashraf from example would feel superior to the populace because they claim decent to the prophet Muhammad(pbuh). Am i wrong on that one. I was also told that the Big tribes of Somalia don't like these minority tribes, but at the same time these minorities tribes are said to be stuck up and snobbish because they are light skinned.
My Mum and Dad are from Same tribe but different Clans if I spend short time and listen one side of my family you will think I am dealing with different races but that is Somali culture of boosting ones ancestors nobility against the rest of the world. the minority tribes learned from the Big tribes, Do you know the Light skinned Reer Xamar and minorities from other cities inter merry Somali-Bantu more than The Big Somali tribes because the Bigger tribes are less accommodating. Most Asharaf are trained religious teachers the young graduates travel to new area and settle with a group or clan and usually merry to that clan so how are they any different ?

[/QUOTE]
I have a question for you. Why do you think about the discrimination between the Somali and Somali Bantu? Can you tell me if they have any sort of similarities. I work with a lot of somali youth, and the Somali bantu are soft spoken and feel alienated or outcasted around Somali's(a lot of time the somali kids would taunt them).
You can unite a people by having them look at their commonalities rather then always looking at their differences. I know they are both from somalia, but what else?... Is their anything in their history that they share. From my current understanding of the the tribe system, once you have a new generation, you have created a new tribe. It was not until the notorious European-bred president Mohamed Siad Barre, who stirred up all the tension amongst the tribes and brought division and hate. Is my understanding right? [QUOTE]

I grow up with Bantu kids and other minorities kids in Somalia I never experienced any differences at school or at the play ground we are much luckier then the new generation who are product of civil war and more likely from different regions and never had any contact outside their respective clans or ethnic when growing up.

Posts: 32 | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IamNomad
Member # 17656

Rate Member
quote:
Iamnomad, I am curious to the religion of most of the Egyptians encountered? Did you know a difference in treatment?
My first experience of dealing with Egyptian people was when I shared house temporary with two Egyptian one was young Muslim man from Cairo and the other was an old Coptic Christian man who was a school teacher from Alexandria who told me the first day I met him, he is my uncle and I should treat him as a such because Egyptian and Somalis are the same people and he used tell me some interesting past history and somali friends he had in Egypt but I was not that interested that much the old history at that time. since then I met lot of Egyptians, regardless of their religion the old people always mention the special relations between Somalis and Egyptian. Do you hear Egyptians around you mention these special relationship? have you had any contacts with Somalis and how they reacted to you being Egyptian?
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Caipira:
quote:
quote:

Don't forget Ausar...

-

He looks like a subsaharan African, but judging by his kufiya he could be from Saudi Arabia or some Gulf state. And God know better.
There are more than 4 million men like that
living in the Arabian pennisula. Most of them are aboriginals... The pink looking ones are the immigrants

Seen?

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Caipira:
quote:
quote:

Don't forget Ausar...

-

There are more than 4 million men like that
living in the Arabian pennisula. Most of them are aboriginals... The pink looking ones are the immigrants

Seen?

Ausar, this one too is for you:

-

AswaniAswad
Member # 16742

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AswaniAswad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The arab world is mixed just as egypt is mixed in with the arab world. If u go to eritrea its a arabic speaking country with many arabs. The whole Assab is full of Yemeni businessmen and fishermen its the same with arab countries there are many egyptians,somail,eritreans,ethiopians in saudi,Qatar,Dubai,etc just as there are many in america but they are not native or locals.

Taking a picture of the City people in any arab country u will see many africans and arabs who are not from that country at all.

Posts: 410 | From: Al-Ard | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ausar is still pulling this "I'm an Egyptian" con game?

This boy ain't no Egyptian. He's been exposed by at least three different people as not being an Egyptian.

I guess he decided it was best to lay low until those posters left the forum. So that he could reboot his con to a new crop of fools.

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Caipira wrote:
quote:
He looks like a subsaharan African
Notice he can't substantiate what a subsaharan is or any details about what exactly a supposed subsaharan looks like.

Feel free to enlighten us or are you afraid of getting your lunacy set to flames?

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
For those not in the know, ausar is another of these pseudoscientific race loons.

He even said that AAs living in New York City were "light" because they were mixed with Puerto Ricans.

ausar is a race loon who engages in pseudoscience, pseudohistory, and pseudosociology.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder who argyle thinks is not a race loon on this site?
Posts: 42921 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Argyle, you continue to attack me without any evidence to validate your claims. I have yet to see you defend any of your points or even demonstrate any of your claims about me or others on this board. Continue typing about me and others. This is your right but unless you back up your points nobody outside of a padded cell will take you serious.

Iron Lion, I never stated there were no ''black'' people in the Middle East or Egypt. What I stated was that very few modern ''black'' Egyptians could be mistaken for your typical sub-Saharan. I also stated that most Egyptians can differentiate a black Egyptian from a sub-Saharan refugee living in Cairo.

In my opinion, those Aswani Egyptians can probably pass for ''black'' in America but probably not in parts of Africa. People in Egypt and other parts of Africa have their own folk taxonomy than western countries.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Iamnomad, thanks for enlightening the Egyptsearch posters about the Somali. You should fare okay in Egypt if you are Muslim and donot plan to take up permnanent residence in Egypt. Much of the hostility in Egypt is directed at foreign southern Sudanese groups. Many Egyptians are jealous of the southern Sudanese because many Christian charities sponsor them and give them free passage into America. Also xenophobia is very rampant particularly against non-Muslim darker skinned groups. You may have heard about incidents of Eritreians and Sudanese refugees getting shoot in the desert.

Good luck on your job, Ausar. Its very goood paying if ur in the U.S. [Smile]
Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the silence
Member # 18643

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the silence     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Argyle, you continue to attack me without any evidence to validate your claims. I have yet to see you defend any of your points or even demonstrate any of your claims about me or others on this board. Continue typing about me and others. This is your right but unless you back up your points nobody outside of a padded cell will take you serious.

Iron Lion, I never stated there were no ''black'' people in the Middle East or Egypt. What I stated was that very few modern ''black'' Egyptians could be mistaken for your typical sub-Saharan. I also stated that most Egyptians can differentiate a black Egyptian from a sub-Saharan refugee living in Cairo.

In my opinion, those Aswani Egyptians can probably pass for ''black'' in America but probably not in parts of Africa. People in Egypt and other parts of Africa have their own folk taxonomy than western countries.

Aswanis look like sub saharan africans, from the Horn of Africa, the Tuareg and Fulanis and their closest kin, the North Sudanese

They do NOT look like American blacks

Posts: 7 | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What does an American Black looks like Silence??
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the silence
Member # 18643

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the silence     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
What does an American Black looks like Silence??

Nothing like Aswanis
Posts: 7 | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Silence, lots of Aswanis do look like Sudanese,Tuaregs and Bejas. That was not what I stated. I simply stated that by American definitions Aswanis could be considered ''black''.
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -  -
Last one courtesy of Kings African pic thread
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=001147
Also you might want to visit Wally's thread
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=006540

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the silence
Member # 18643

Rate Member
Brada the first kids do not look like Aswanis, they look more like West africans, I'm not trying to be a thorn but we can also get West Africans who look like Aswanis but that is not what I said, Aswanis do not live by American definitions they (most of them) live by Nubian/African definitions
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
the silence wrote:
quote:
they look more like West africans
Moroccans, Algerians, Tunisians, Tuaregs, Fulani?

I've easily destroyed your argument with five basic counter examples.

the silence
Member # 18643

Rate Member
Those american Black kids look West Africans or Southern African, nothing like the average Moroccan, Algerian, Tunisian, Tuareg or Fulani
kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenndo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ethnic Nubians Fight for Land

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57T_sx6uAFU

Posts: 2688 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silence,

The point is that you are naming west Africans amongst the groups that you are proclaiming the "American Black kids" supposedly look nothing like, yet you go onto say that they look like West Africans in another breath. In other words, you are generalizing that the Black American kids look like West Africans, yet go onto essentially point out that there are certain West Africans they don't look like.

Ps: Your statement is wrought with contradiction because you treat "west Africa" not as a geography with diverse populations, but rather as a restricted type of phenotype. Like some other posters on this site, your "west Africa" ceases to be a geographically-related description and assumes a dogmatic description of phenotype. In similar vain, there are ideologues who treat Africa, not as a geography per se, but only as a locale of people with a restricted type of phenotype, which is why we see people naming African countries and yet treating them as if they are not part of Africa. For instance, we see people refer to only Niger-Congo Speaking territories of Africa as "Africa", while treating other areas of the continent as though they belonged to some other continent. Sounds illogical? You bet, but it is rarely called out by ideologues. Only when these standards are applied to places outside of Africa, does this sort of irrationality instantly get picked up.

Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the silence
Member # 18643

Rate Member
Those kids have a typical West African phenotype, the boy looks distinctly like a Nigerian, they look nothing like Aswanis
kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenndo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
some hill nubians of the nuba hills.

BBC.Lost Kingdoms of Africa. Nubia. 6/6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6wI8MevDok

Posts: 2688 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
edited-
mordern nubians in chad,kenya,uganda and
the average nubian i seen in sudan looks like a west africans too me and a large number in egypt still do.

some folksstill forget what most nubians still look like.

sudan is the best place too that and chad,kenya and uganda .you have to check out places like darfur,the northern nuba hills where hill nubians live at,even most nubians in the nile valley in sudan still look more on average like early,nubians.

but overall best place is outside the nile valley in sudan and other areas of africa i just mention.

some hill nubians of the nuba hills.

subdivision of Nubian languages (in Nubian languages)
...of languages spoken in The Sudan and southern Egypt, chiefly along the banks of the Nile River (where Nobiin and Kenzi [Kenuzi] are spoken) but also in enclaves in the Nuba Hills of central Sudan (Hill Nubian) and in Darfur (where Birked [Birgid] and Midob [Midobi] are spoken). These languages are now considered to be a part of the Nilo-Saharan language family.

nubian coffee boy
egypt
 -

sudan
 -

nubians in sudan-
This wrestling known as the “Nubian wrestling” is a residue of the old Nubian culture
It is now practiced by a group of youth in North of Khartoum, the place is named as Souk Sitta
 -

-

Map 2: The distribution of the Nubian and Daju language groups
 -

-

sudan

sudan
nubianfacialscarring
 -

BBC.Lost Kingdoms of Africa. Nubia. 5/6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d14U0EFdt7U

BBC.Lost Kingdoms of Africa. Nubia. 6/6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6wI8MevDok

Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kenndo, your use of "west Africans" is just as irrational as the silence's.

--------------------
The Complete Picture of the Past tells Us what Not to Repeat

Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
and again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57T_sx6uAFU

kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by The Explorer:
kenndo, your use of "west Africans" is just as irrational as the silence's.

I am giving a overall view of what i seen so far.
so, i understand what ausar is trying to say,when it comes to the modern black egyptian,i will explain it too when it comes to modern nubians.

I THINK we all know what ausar is saying,and i think we know all know really know what i am saying when i explain it abit more in detail below.

The pictures and links above that i posted explains it well also.

I am not going to debate this ,i am all debated out.I did a lot of that on youtube,so i will just explain my view.

I JUST HAVE THE FUNNY FEELING WHEN folks talk about what nubians on average look like today,they point only to egypt where there has been admixture with outsiders with some nubians more so then sudan,and only point to those types THAT do show clearly the admixture.Has folks know most nubians in sudan today still have only african dna,in egypt it's harder to say,a large number have admixture and a large number does not,so it's not has clear has it is in sudan so ceratin self haters and racist like to take advange of the egypt situation,and only point out the ones that are clearly mixed or those with heavy no-african dna,and there has been to much of that lately.

yes africans are diverse but even that could be taken to far to make point.

I remember having a big debate with a afro-centric type on youtube and the video show nubians in egypt that were clearly mixed or those in the video,and she said they do not look black,but to me many in that video basically still do,so she was sayin nubians do not look black.what she was trying to say those in video do not look like her or most blacks in africa.
I had to explain to her why you see these groups of nubians of today and why certain folks only point to these nubians has being the real ones OR THE LONLY ONES.

modern nubian history is not explain carefully.

There is alot of misinfo out there.
so sometimes i am force to show what other nubians look like or what most still really look like.

Many afrocentric types or african centred types are force to do this,even if they like it or not because their are still too many racist or self- haters out there.

I know there is a lot of book smart folks here but common sense has to still be used.

Many folks like to point OUT if not directly, point out they look more like somalias or something.i just sense that agenda.

Every group has their own look to A point i guess,but if i had to say what modern nubians look like THE closest,when i compare to other africans,i would say central or west africans.

The nubians in sudan more so and other nations i mention.

sorry i make no apology on this.there is just too much misinfo on youtube and on the internet.

This is how i felt before coming on egyptsearch years ago BUT i was not aware of the craziness on the internet until i stared suring years ago.there still some websites and books that mention nubians are really white,i had no idea that this non-sense was widespread on the computer. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT . EVEN THE RACIST MOVIE THE ten commandments COULD THE RACE OF NUBIANS RIGHT.
many or most black arabs in sudan basically look that way too MEANING LIKE your average african if a overall view was seen of them.I SHOULD USE THE WORD AVERAGE BLACK AFRICAN,WHEN I SAY WHAT NUBIANS TODAY STILL LOOK LIKE HAS A WHOLE.

When i mean west african or in this case central african of course thier is a diverse look,but when certain folks mean do not look west african or even central african,i think we know what they mean.

Even when they use the term east african,they only point to horn of african types,and don't mention the dinka or or southern sudanese ETC ETC...

By the way you could say alot of nubians look like southern sudanese,or other east africans like in kenya,or uganda or those of chad.
chad is in north central africa.

So in the end,in other words they look still on average TODAY like you average african.

WHen I MEAN aveRAGE african,i mean kinky hair,dark skin and flat noses.that's on average, central,west and a large numbers of east africans.
That's the truth and nothing but the truth

so i think we know what we mean when by average african,but has we know there is a diverse look,like in head shapes.

when i mean west african i mean,kinky hair,flat noses,and most having dark skin.SAME WITH the average east or west african.

Of course west africans could have these features and be lighter,(light or medium skin tone) with admixture or not.

same with central african and many east africans.

I remember ausur said awhile ago there were a few nubians that look white,with blond hair,but that is recent,but racist would love to point out that was the true look of nubians,and of course that's non-sense.we know most nubians today still look clearly black,those with admixture and does with none,that is clear.

TO be to honest if i had to say what most nubians look like closer to, it would central and west africans,and many east africans,not eritreans,somalias or or most modern egyptians.
that's the truth.

note-most east africans do not live in the horn of africa or ethiopia.
Even ethiopia is misrepresented,but that is another story.

Explorador
Member # 14778

Your long post just goes to reinforce the ignorance I described above, with regards to view of "Africans" and "west Africans". It is a pity that there are continental Africans who know no better, and just parrot Eurocentric ignorance.

You hear people speak of Africa having the most diversity in terms of phenotype, yet hearing certain people talk about Africans, using terms like the "average African", one would think that it is the least diverse place on the planet.

Yes, I know what people mean, when they pigeonhole Africans into a restricted physical type, just like I know what someone means when he/she uses the word "Negro" to mean the "true Negro". Likewise, I do know what some folks mean, when they use the word "African" for only certain parts of Africa, and exclude other Africans and African territories. It has nothing to do with understanding or its lack thereof; I just think such claims are a load of hot air. They have no objective merit to them, other than cementing dogmatic Eurocentric stereotypes of Africans.

Are you, for example, going to sit there and tell me that a certain mono-phenotypic pattern represents the "average African", while other phenotypes just as autochthonous to African landscape do not represent an "average African". Are you going to say certain indigenous Africans are "real African" but others are "fake Africans", on the account that their phenotype is not "average". Are you going to say that certain "west Africans" are "typical west Africans", but other west Africans are "fake west Africans"?

kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
TO BE CLEAR Mohamed Hussein Tantawi is not you typical african or nubian,when folks point out a nubian or african.

I CAN'T GET any more clear than that.Of course africans are diverse BUT THIS DIVERSE THING COULD GO TO FAR AND EXTREME, the typical look is not light skin,it's dark skin,EVEN if you have lighter skin africans.typical nose is a flat noses of varied looks,even if you have a few africans that are black with straight noses.

THE typical hair type is kinky hair even if you have few with wavy or straight ,and i dare say MOST HAVE round heads ,but even there you find varied head shapes in all regions EVEN VARIED ROUND HEAD SHAPES,when i mean the average african look i mean most africanS have flat noses, kinky hair and dark skin.that's the majority basic phenotype look despite other looks.
This is clear.

If anyone is trying to say that the straight noses,or straight hair is on the same % has the basic look i just mention,then they are wrong.
I KNOW THERE ARE DIVERSE LOOKS in africa ,but the average look is what you see in west,central and large parts or most of east africa including sudan.

THIS is clear that most MODERN nubians,west and central africans or southern africans have this basic look ,that's all i am saying and that is what ausar in a way is indirectly saying.

I UNDERSTAND CLEARLY WHAT HE IS SAYING and i agree with that.

let me repeat.
most blacks africans in sudan or in most areas in africa have a bit of different look then you average MODERN DAY black egyptian by the way.

MOST MODERN DAY BLACK EGYPTIANS DID NOT LIKE THEY DID IN ANCIENT TIMES,and that's clear. everybody really knows that.

Even most nubians still basically look like the rest of africa,more so in sudan,CHAD,KENYA ETC on average if you look at certain photos or videos.

The nubians in kenya and the average nubian in sudan basically like the rest of the africans then do your average MODERN black egyptian.

I COULD SAY THAT THE FUR IN SUDAN has well,wolof,or mande etc..

If some one can't understand that i do not know what else to say.

I AM USING COMMON SENSE.

ANYWAY i will leave it at,i said to much already,i think many would understand what ausar i are trying to say.

let's put it this way,if a movie was made about mali or kush i would expect to see black folks who look more like the dinka,or nigerians or mande to play kushites then someone who looks like a modern day eritrean or somalian,or your most modern day black egyptians.

same with,mali.
IF i made A MOVIE ABOUT TIMBUKTU or the mali empire ,i would get someone first who looks more like a kushite,or a nubian of sudan of middle ages,or a zulu or someone from darfur or chad before i put some one in there that looks like your average eritrean or somalian or the average black modern egyptian.I HATE TO GO THERE to explain this but these are facts,even if they are all black.

Of course i would put in your average modern black egyptian next or somalian before i put in a person who looks Mohamed Hussein Tantawi ,or brad pitt to play the mande africans . I HOPE FOLKS GET THE POINT and it's just common sense.THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH being eurocentric or afro-centric,it's what i seen so far and what has been written about from truthcentric folks of all backgrounds.

I CLEARLY UNDERSTAND WHAT ausar IS SAYING,AND for me i am using another group of folks ,BUT I COULD SAY THE SAME THING FOR THE mande, zulu,dinka etc etc

Let's me Again say i will leave it at that.
PEACE.

kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the silence:
Those kids have a typical West African phenotype, the boy looks distinctly like a Nigerian, they look nothing like Aswanis

they all look black,so you are wrong to say what you just said.they look similar to those AA west african looking kids.
those Aswanis do not look white or asian,they look closer to west africans or central africans etc etc more so then then you think.Thier basic phenotype does look similar to west africans or central africans or many east africans.

They do does not exactly look like your horn of african type from eritrea,they lookscloser to those AA KIDS or west africans,and there is not one way to look west african either.

IN THE END THEY ALL LOOK basically BLACK,in other words they do not look white if you want go there.

One someone says they do not look nothing like each other,that's a bold face lie,because if they do not look at least basically like each other,to me you are saying they do not have the basic look in common and that's not true.they do not look like they are some other population group or something.
folks need to be careful when they explain things.

bush and jessica simpson have thier own looks but they look closer to each other in phenotype then they do any east asian or the average east asian and you could tell they both look white.so right there they basically have a basicacommon look.

key word- basic

This should apply to blacks in africa has well even if they are the most diverse.

when i mean phenotype i mean basic features.

I think some folks are confused by this.to kids look closer to west african then horn of african types.sorry to say this but it looks true.

kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
deleted.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Continental terms such as "African" or "European" should be irrelevant to the geneticist

For example look at the clustering of North Africa to the South Asia

then compare it to Southern Africa

Look at the clustering of Central Asia to Southern Europe then compare it to Northern Europe.

These continental terms only introduce confusion to a genetic analysis

AS if stepping across the border of Central Asia into Southern Europe meant anything on a genetic level

Genetics is being used at the present moment by some to preserve continental concepts.
Like in the case of Somalis being 100% African or part Eurasian. But that is trying a square peg in a round hole

In the future "African" and "Asian" will not even be a part of the discussion.

People will be grouped Y DNA, mtDNA and HLA as per
specific countries and smaller parts of those countries

These huge land masses, continents are irrelevant to that.

Genetics is going into the direction of smaller rather than larger.
It's about splitting things into finer detail.

It is the direct opposite of intent to form political unity by grouping smaller things together.

You will notice this more in the future

you keep talking about diversity, that's the direction of the analysis more and more diversity
rendering larger groupings like "race" and continents less and less relevant.
Going from continents to countries and then to regions within those countries back to the tribal level. That's the direction, smaller and smaller

Look at what happens when someone's DNA gets tested. You find out that you are not 100% what you thought you were

you're
64%,
18% something else 13% something else , 5% something else

you always had a vague idea that it was possible but know it's more and more real when you see the breakdown from the lab

now you find out you don't belong to just one continent

identity will have to be formed by other means

Posts: 42921 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
cut and paste.

Lioness my dunce, what is the above post you put up saying?

--------------------
Lionz

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
How many people here agree with kenndo?
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
People, take a look at the thread below and view kenndo's racial pseudoscience get dismantled.

Folks, kenndo is a black American negro. That explains much of his stupidity and dependence on white propaganda.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=003818

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
Continental terms such as "African" or "European" should be irrelevant to the geneticist

[Eek!] [Eek!]
Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by argyle104:
People, take a look at the thread below and view kenndo's racial pseudoscience get dismantled.

Folks, kenndo is a black American negro. That explains much of his stupidity and dependence on white propaganda.

I am not a american negro has you put it,but i am black.I guess you have to be american to be afro-centric or something,how dumb of you.

no i am not using pseudoscience,but what i read so far.

Most modern nubians today STILL look like most africans,meaning black.
KEY -WORD STILL,

GREEKS AND ROMANS WROTE WHAT THEY BASICALLY LOOK LIKE,in the nile valley south of egypt.they had kinky hair, thick lips, and on average dark skin.

That's sound like what you see in most black africans basically,nothing pseudoscience about that to me.

Nubians do look black and i just left at that,nothing pseudoscience about that.I would say the same thing when it comes to the mande.

A CLEAR POINT ,if i was making a movie about the vikings, i would put in first to star in it folks who look like more a german or the english before i put in greek or white arab or a northern indian.

If i can find anyone from these first groups then i put in a greek.so let's not pretend YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.you know exactly what i mean.

same with east asians. i would put in a person who looks more like the average chinese from japan to play in the role of a a person from han chinese period,before i put in someone from burma.yes they are all east asians in the end and look it,but you want to be a correct has you can.

next in line would be some from burma then someone from poland,so let' not pretend.IN END ALL THESE folks look east asian even if they are diverse,you could tell a asian from a european,that' my main point. nobody ever goes around saying that a southeast asian looks nothing like a chinese.we see slight diferrences on average(not all the times)but there is a basic look on average the share,but when come to blacks we are so diverse we suppose to look nothing alike,and that basically not true.

There is a basic look the average african does have or still share with each other and there is nothing to be ashamed OF WHEN SAYING THAT.

read chancellor williams book destruction of black civilization .

He knows how blacks are diverse because he spent time in africa ,but he also says there is a basic phenotype africans has a whole share,just like east asians and whites.

Another point he never says the african peoples,he always says african people,meaning we are one people COMING FROM THE SAME ORIGIN.

I will always believe that.

Why you using negro? that term is out of date.

ANYWAY the thread you brought up,That was years ago,when i still was going by some old info,the term flat noses i should have use instead of broad,and at the time i thought most amuxites were mixed going by old info that i have learn years ago.

I since change a FEW views since then by coming here,but my overall views all still closer to dr.clarke,ben,chancellor williams and diop,with few modifications AND UPDATED INFO some of these scholars i just mention got wrong or were out of date,so my basic afro-centred views will not change for anybody here.

I KNOW diop was not afro-centric like dr.williams,but he was basically afro-centred and a africanist.

So my approach to history is closer to him and dr. williams,but my social views and politics is closer to dr. williams and if you read destruction of black civilization by him you will know where I am basically coming from.

This means if they were alive today they would not be calling the fula mixed or axumites mixed either because back then they were going by outdated info,but their basic views on history and how to approach it will not have change either.

I think in the end diop's views change on fula too and maybe the axumites,but am not sure.

DR. williams book to me still is really good when it comes to early history and modern history,he made a few mistakes and has some outdated info,but i do not abandon my african scholars that i have respect for years.

I take in the updated views to a point,while sticking the the basic view of these scholars.

You just don't throw away the baby with the bath water just because a few mistakes and a few outdated info are in these books,because their overall approach when it comes to african history still hits the mark has far has i am concern.

Even dr. clarke before he died change his views on the fula but he hardly change his views on modern africa,so when it did come to modern africa, AND WHERE IT WAS GOING he was really out of date,but that's another story.

So my views are basically correct from reading from men like these and Carter G. Woodson.

Leave it up to you to bring back the past.IT MUST HAVE TAKEN you alot of time,wasted time,to do that.

so shut up.

kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
In the end of the that thread you brought up,i should have said that mask had a flat narrow nose,instead of a broad nose.I was trying to find the correct word at that time,and i couldn't.

I STILL remember those last posts i posted,not clearly because i have not gone back to them,and the whole thread like i said i would.

so in the end i do not know what i was said to me.I do know my talks with Djehuti was more calm then with other guy,i even had private email chats with the other guy after that thread ended and before it ended i think.

Djehuti even if when you disagree with him,he still has a more calm reply to you.it is not really mean,if you what i mean.

It does not feel spock-like or cold-hearted.

I MENTION THIS NOW in more detail only because you brought up a old thread.

you could have made a new point or your point with out doing it however.

I HAVE abit more to say about that debate and a few others,but i will leave it at that.

I am more clear on what terms i use today however.

BY the way kushite royals did have broad flat noses,i seen it on the more realistic art forms for taharqa,assyrians drew him on A rock,and i seen it from art from the meroe period,so there is nothing pseudoscience about that,even white scholars who are in to the truth mention this.

EVEN the eurocentrics got the basic image right

-

I think it's helpful to remind folks from time to time.I do not apologize for this truthful view.

I AM AFRICAN-CENTRED/AFRO-CENTRIC AND A AFRICANIST.I WAS BEFORE i CAME HERE AND I WILL be it after i leave.So i am not really hiding my basic views,it's just that i do not bring it up here that much and i do not post here has much either.I AM TOO BUSY IN REAL LIFE.

Some folks forget the reason why i came to this forum only in the first place. It was a post talking about the whitewashing of the nubians. The egyptian thing was more covered here at that time AND STILL IS so i wanted to put my two cents about nubian history first since that was more my main interest then egypt.still is.

That is why i am speading more of my time at napatan.org and sudanforum.org

WHEN IT COME TO MOVIES ABOUT ANCIENT EGYPT,
I HAD ENOUGH of that crap .WITH ancient egypt they do not Put in any type of black for starring roles,(those with flat noses or not,kinky hair,wavy etc or not)so in the end they do not care how diverse black africans are,If you basically look black,you are just black to them.

To them if you look black you are not invited,so they are not hung on this diverse stuff and get carried away like some folks are.

If you look basically black,they would not put you to star has thutmoses.In the end what are folks doing in thier communities and helping other blacks instead of mental Masterbation on the internet.

That's i left the first time becuae i felt i was wasting my time here,and it seems nothing that much have really change.THAT'S WHY I AM ON FORUMS MORE SO DEALING TODAY THEN THE PAST,and soon will be heading back more so that way again.

what organizations have you join to help uplift blacks worldwide?

Folks need to really focus more on that instead playing got you all the time.

I think i am finish here anyway,i already said basically what i had to say here.

kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
edited-
picture did not show up.

EVEN the eurocentrics got the basic image right.
taharqa in kush
http://www.firpocarr.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/img018_edited.jpg

or wider but smaller view of the pic.

-

Most other art images tend to show him with even a more round head ,meaning a more realistic image of of his head shape, but i will not nit pick this time.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=004147

and
Nubia the forgotten kingdom

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=004148

Now i am finished here and let me move on,i am tired of beating a dead horse.

Thank you.

peace.

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
ausar,

Your lying ass is busted in more ways than one. Let's see what the fake Egyptian has to say now.

ausar wrote:
quote:
Living mostly on the east Coast of NYC my entire life I have seen African Americans very light. This could be because of mixing with Puerto Ricans.

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
kenndo wrote:
quote:
read chancellor williams book destruction of black civilization
black American negro victimology alert!

I think I'll pass and read real scholarship. There is enough "we be victims" from the likes of AlTakuri, Mike111, Marc Washington, and others here to last a millenium.

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
argyle104, finally you are validating your statements with references. I am very proud of you. Definately a step in the right direction. Next time it would be nice if you posted a link.

Argyle, I may have made that statement out of personal observation. Notice in my post I made no definate claims which may be taken as fact. Have you ever seen Adam Clayton Powell? His mother was a very light skinned Puerto Rican woman. This is reflected in other bouroughs across NYC because both African Americans have had close interactions with Puerto Ricans and other Spanish speakers.

So untill next time keep the tin foil hat and thorzine shots on hand.

kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
quote:
kenndo wrote:
quote:
read chancellor williams book destruction of black civilization
black American negro victimology alert!

I think I'll pass and read real scholarship. There is enough "we be victims" from the likes of AlTakuri, Mike111, Marc Washington, and others here to last a millenium.

NEVER SAID I WAS A AMERICAN,but yes i am black for the 100th time.

My friend has mother from south america and father from ghana,so that makes him an american negro?he his alot like me when it comes to history, so that makes him a american negro huh?and me too huh,just because we have these truthful views from a african view point.

In your sick mind blacks from anywhere else can't think for themselves.

I WILL leave it that.

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
ausar wrote:
quote:
Have you ever seen Adam Clayton Powell? His mother was a very light skinned Puerto Rican woman. This is reflected in other bouroughs across NYC because both African Americans have had close interactions with Puerto Ricans and other Spanish speakers.

Even if I were to accept your statement about Adam Clayton Powell's mother at face value which I don't. What does that have to do with African Americans?

Are you saying that in order for African Americans to have so called "light skin" they have to have ancestry from some other ethnic group?

kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
quote:
For those not in the know, ausar is another of these pseudoscientific race loons.

He even said that AAs living in New York City were "light" because they were mixed with Puerto Ricans.

ausar is a race loon who engages in pseudoscience, pseudohistory, and pseudosociology.

To change topic,and i will because i will not respond to anything else here.

Since you brought it up,and ausar replied,let ME take a crack it .
From what i could tell most AA WHO are light skin in new york could be of varies factors,but no most are not light because they married to Puerto Ricans,happy?Good.
Bye.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com